Jump to content
BW Advert Drive

Recommended Posts

Posted

On and off I’ve been investing for 10+ years and for at least half of that time, I made a huge fallacy: to just focus on individual investments instead of the investment portfolio.

 

So why is it bad to just focus on individual investments? Your investment returns (whether good or bad) may just be too insignificant.

 

Previously I purchased breadtalk at 40+ cents and based on current price (0.88), I have doubled my investment. But I only invested approx 2K in it. So my absolute returns was also only about 2K. Personally felt that if I was convinced by the stock, I should have put in a much larger sum. Assuming a portfolio of 50K, the 2K would have been only 4% and may not have created the intended outcome.

 

I think others have written way better on portfolio management so here’s one I just read and felt was super applicable to us and simple enough to follow: https://financialhorse.com/all-weather-portfolio-for-singaporeans/amp/

 

Please share your investment portfolio strategy if you have one. Will be good to learn from each other

 

 

Posted

If you’re intending to build an investment portfolio, one super impt thing is to track its results.

 

previously I used my own spreadsheets but it was messy and I was quite lazy to update. But I found a super useful resource online by a financial blogger: http://investmentmoats.com/stock-market-commentary/portfolio-management/introducing-our-free-stock-portfolio-tracker-spreadsheet/

 

have been using this for past year and found it hyper useful. Though there’s now some issues for the auto update for SG stocks, I’m fine to put some stuff manually.

 

Have fun investing!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

investment moats is one of my many sources to use for tracking returns. I have tried trial versions by financial times (http://www.ft.com) and also by simplywall.st (http://www.simplywall.st). Personally, I prefer simplywall.st as it is colourful and interactive with analysis of the business fundamentals from a big data pool.

 

both resources cover a broader range of economies - beyond Singapore.

Life is like a river flowing into the sea, Love Life.

 

Love, Joy and Peace.

  • 8 months later...
Posted

I just invest in a bank to do forex trading for me. So far averaging at least 10%/mth returns plus a insurance portion then covers all the loosing trades..

Posted
On 8/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, Ongjh90 said:

I just invest in a bank to do forex trading for me. So far averaging at least 10%/mth returns plus a insurance portion then covers all the loosing trades..

Wow, which bank is that? What's the baseline capital you invested to get averaged monthly 10% profit? Thought it's quite impressive for forex since it's quite volatile. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hi, I am interested in building an investment portfolio. For retirement planning as well as I believe the current and future economy creates a vast opportunity ahead.

 

I hope to find someone to network and learn a thing or two. Hopefully can find a mentor. I’m also interested in property investments. Have anyone heard about the I Quadrant? Have anyone known them personally or have attended the course?


IG: tjantroy / mastertrainertroy / homspa.ca

Website: tjantroy.com

  • 2 years later...
×
×
  • Create New...