Male HQ

Gay / Queer Themed Movie / TV Series / Short Film / Music Video MTV / Commercials (Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest Xiaoxiong

44 minutes ago, hunkchaser said:

No, it isn't. But what will you think if a guy matched with you, and you had conversation hinting for dates?

Thought should be high chance to find him on grindr but you didn't. So did you eventually matched with him? I find clarence is cute.

Surprised that Addicted is still on the first page of this forum. Why not form a new thread since the latest discussion is about another BL show?

Btw, do you think HJY and XWZ are a couple in real life?

What a nice series..

They hv chemistry here, i sleep at 4am ytd to watch, in the end force myself to stop and sleep.

Anyway, seems like the one i stream at kissasians was being censored.. wonder if got any sex scene or not?

22 minutes ago, XKY said:

What a nice series..

They hv chemistry here, i sleep at 4am ytd to watch, in the end force myself to stop and sleep.

Anyway, seems like the one i stream at kissasians was being censored.. wonder if got any sex scene or not?

Just go & search youtube & you will be able to find the uncensored version.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:20 PM, nixorn said:

Mentioned b4 in the general BL drama thread.

She is making a drama called Unstoppable / 势不可挡 (but think officially it's called 盛势) from her novel 势不可挡....think it's about bodyguards.

Not sure when showing, but should be soon since trailer is out in aug.

Can see she got more money to film this one.

Well, so far....i don't get that same urge as in watching Addicted.....maybe b'cos no BL stuff shown in trailer? feel too much of a thriller or action movie?

Or the actors haven't caught my attention? see how when it really is out.

From this trailer can tell that she did finish filming the whole novel and not like the previous two shows. 

Edited by dexter9898

There's this new mini drama series from Thailand called Grey Rainbow which I think you guys would love. Touted as the best gay story ever produced by Thailand this year, it tells about the love between 2 university students, Porsche and Nuer. No, it is not the usual coming of age theme. Instead, it is about what all of us would encounter at different stages in our lives - our crossroads. 

Porsche and Nuer are best friends and also roommates who have concealed their feelings for one another to conform with social norms. But as the years went by, their feelings for each other became stronger. While it was easier to spend time together when you are an undergrad living in a hostel, how can one continue your lives together upon graduation? And how will they cope with parental objections?

The story is set in picturesque Chiang Mai and while the cinematography could have been much better, still you get lots of scenes of rural Chiang Mai like the temples, countryside, rivers and elephants...; it may make you decide to make a trip to northern Thailand this year end.. But best of all are the to handsome twinky leads who played their roles quite well. 

Although it consists of only 4 episodes, each is over an hour long. Kudos to the people who contributed. You have English subtitles and the drama is available in high definition (720p). The dialogues are reasonably good and you do get the benefit of having the occasional Buddhist wisdom/philosophy imparted to you throughout the series.

Unlike the heart wrenching drama, My Husband's Lover, which I shared with you all some time ago, this one is rather heartwarming. If you can make it through the first episode, I guarantee most of you will try to watch the rest all within the same night. The ending however... is rather tragic.... I'm not sure what the scriptwriters are trying to convey. Maybe you can form your own conclusion after reading the +1,000 comments left by equally dumbfounded viewers.

Here's episode 1 to get you started :

Happy viewing....

Grey Rainbow.jpg

Edited by marky

On 9/10/2016 at 1:41 AM, MikeC said:

In the web series, the uncensored version showed greater intimacy, not much more, but sufficient to heat up the screen time :)

I think if search carefully, should be able to find the "uncensored" version ( for dvd release).

Should consider reading the novel - even has rape scene (sad).

Who kena rape?

On 9/10/2016 at 1:47 AM, robin said:

Just go & search youtube & you will be able to find the uncensored version.

Oh my goodness, how much I cried when that scene they both fell asleep on couch and then YZ carried GH back to the bedroom and that music chosen for that scene.

"I wanna feel your touch,

It's burning me like an ember

Pretending is not enough

I wanna feel us together

So I'm giving in..."

And the song even has the line "you are my favorite medicine" which echoes what GH said to YZ in the school infirmary.

Oh man, I guess no harm in rewatching the whole series again tomorrow.

Edited by jackrezal
Edit for edit

Love Is More Than A Word《识汝不识丁》

The BL drama is finally out....so far can watch up to episode 5 on youtube. No eng sub. Read elsewhere that there are 12 episodes.

It's based on a BL novel of same name....but after some unknown delays....some fans suspect they might have toned down the gay stuff in order to release this drama. 

I never read the novel....but at start of ep 2...can sense the interest the 2 main leads develop for each other....but very subtle. 

It's about a naive and illiterate official 陶默 who bought his post but he wants to be a good official. He met this guy who is a  讼师 (abit like lawyer) called 顾射.

The 1st part of ep 1 is abit confusing.....Tao's father and i think Gu's brother (that's why got 2 look-alike) got executed.

The acting of the older professional actors are not bad while the newbies are passable. 

The deco and sets are good enough for an internet drama serial...except some street labels, abit amateur.

The title song is sang by  singer Han Lei 韩磊.

The rest can go youtube and search.

Edited by nixorn

Currently awaiting the availability of two Thai bl movies Sweet Boy and Timeline 2. Will totally appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction; with engsub please.

Meanwhile I just rewatched Eternal Summer, No Regrets and Lan Yu and will start on Love Sick the series. Also looking forward to My Bromance the series.

雙程

It's a BL movie also based on novel.

But think for this video clip, the story unfinished....season 1.

I haven't watched the whole video...mmm....but the start seems to show some "spoiler"?

一開始,我總以為我們的愛,是趟雙程列車,再遠的地方,也可以回得去。$ k6 \2 m) I8 n* L: p3 L
12年的情愫在這一刻釋放,雙程不單單是幾個人的故事,還是我們流過淚的青春。/ d9 a* q" g$ d& U1 N& d
《雙程》很虐,講述了陸風、程亦辰兩人從高中到中年的事,跨度很大。

MV 

Edited by nixorn

9 hours ago, MikeC said:

Spoiler, scroll down only if u want to know...

Guhai was extremely frustrated when Luoyin's ex girlfriend, who appeared in the last episode of the web series, staged an act to drive a wedge between Luoyin and Guhai. So Guhai raped Luoyin in view of his ex girlfriend so that she will give up trying to get back with Luoyin.

Then it is not too bad. Remember that Gu Hai is a typical dominating alpha-male. He tried to rape Luoyin on so many occasions, and yet Luoyin played hard-to-get but yet, did not reject him totally and stick to him. He is a typical submissive character. It will be worse if the rapist is Gu Yang.

Plus, Gu Hai already established the fact in the car that Luoyin belong to him solely. So whether it is a sad case or otherwise, depends on Luoyin's mental state. 

PS: I'm not condoning the act of rape in general. It is never okay to do so.

Edited by bodybuildMLY

1 hour ago, MikeC said:

yup, rape is never right. Just imagine being the unwilling party on receiving end.  

Anyway, characters are a little more complex than typical dominant / submissive as they are both alpha males. For example, Gu Hai is the more tender one in terms of learning to cook n doing household chores while Luoyin just expects to be served.  Among the author's novels, Addicted is the only one where the couple take turns to be top/ bottom (though Gu Hai more top). Luoyin also became a commander in military.

Perhaps what is written in the novel is not in-sync with the drama which I watched. To me, Gu Hai did all the household chores because he promised Yin that he will take care of him all his life after Yin's father got married. He even went to the extent of buying breakfast in the cold winter for both of them and cooked for them. This is a very typical "I am your oppa and I am here to protect you" character...very typical male chauvinism. Based on the drama, I am not too sure if Yin did ever be a top.

When it comes to sex, Gu Hai was more of a dominating persona where he just got to dominate Yin at every aspect in bed. His rape attempts were pretty plentiful: from his kidnapping of Yin episode and to every opportunity he had when he shared the bed / room with Yin. Despite this, Yin keep on rejecting him but not totally. He still shared the same bed, he still allowed him to fondle / caress / get physical with him (I don't think a typical almost-raped victim will do that!). So I conclude, in the end, whatever Gu Hai did to him sexually, he just simply submit to him e.g. in the carpark incident. So even if Gu Hai raped him, he will just think "oh whatever, he done it before and so be it!"

Even if Yin became a commander, that is just a career for him and not necessarily a commander must be an alpha male. 

Another china BL movie.....coming soon but no date announced.

男舍男分

Adapted from same-named novel. Read basic storyline is a painter (the manly guy with facial hair) employed a poor student as model to draw him.....and slowly they developed feelings.

http://www.tt1069.com/bbs/thread-2871807-1-1.html

Attached the MV 不容懷疑 - 陳柯宇

错生 china BL drama

Not sure if anyone posted....already started since 31 Aug....so far ep 5 seen in youtube. Read that total is 10 ep.

I watched abit ep1....and then not very interested to follow.

http://www.tt1069.com/bbs/thread-2750226-1-1.html

Something related to Addicted. And also i saw the "Jin Lulu" the not-so-pretty actress from Addicted (as Guhai's ex gf) in this too.

錯生是小龍老師第二次參與拍攝的網路劇, 他就是黃景瑜的前經紀人及上癮的片尾曲 "慢慢走" 和 插曲 "我想" 的作詞人。

The storyline....i read until the last part....soul exchange?

006iCOe1gw1f41mdaaanhj30qo0qogtl.jpg

Edited by nixorn

5 hours ago, nixorn said:

错生 china BL drama

Not sure if anyone posted....already started since 31 Aug....so far ep 5 seen in youtube. Read that total is 10 ep.

I watched abit ep1....and then not very interested to follow.

http://www.tt1069.com/bbs/thread-2750226-1-1.html

Something related to Addicted. And also i saw the "Jin Lulu" the not-so-pretty actress from Addicted (as Guhai's ex gf) in this too.

The storyline....i read until the last part....soul exchange?

006iCOe1gw1f41mdaaanhj30qo0qogtl.jpg

I saw the trailer for this and wasn't really interested to watch but the earlier China bl movie you posted above looks nice. Last week I just watched another China bl movie on YouTube also about a painter who hires a guy to model for him and develops feelings over time but I think I prefer the looks of this set of actors in the upcoming movie.

Not totally a gay movie....but got 2 gay chars. It's more of mystery thriller about a killer evaded the police with plastic surgery and then some ppl started to suspect a few close to them.

Rage (怒り Ikari?) is an upcoming Japanese film directed by korean Lee Sang-il, based on Shuichi Yoshida's mystery novel of the same name. Starring quite a few well-known actors eg  Ken Watanabe, Kenichi Matsuyama (as L in Deathnote), Satoshi Tsumabuki /妻夫木聡 (Waterboys) etc.

Satoshi plays a gay here. Paired with actor Go Ayano. There are some intimate kissing, bed scene etc.

http://www.tt1069.com/bbs/thread-2872947-1-1.html

005ICQs6jw1f2v3ak715gj30lo090my9.jpg

Find the trailer got feel....maybe due to the music.

Saw this elsewhere.....this dialogue scene is from a taiwan family drama 我家的方程式 shown on 大愛 channel (it's related to 慈濟 Tzu Chi foundation) during normal evening hours.

The dad initially worried that his introverted teen son might be gay....now happy after knowing his son was rejected by a girl....after sharing it with his wife, she corrected him on several issues.....1) char/behaviour no correspond to gay or not......2) str8 or gay is his life, we shouldn't control.....3) whether gay is due to genes or later influence (here the show didn't conclude, just say got 2 different views), he's still our child.....4) love is unconditional (when the dad mention about son giving them grandchildren).

Already linked to that part (13:30 - 18:00).

Edited by nixorn

• G_M changed the title to Gay Themed Music Video / MTV (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.