Male HQ

Gay / Queer Themed Movie / TV Series / Short Film / Music Video MTV / Commercials (Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest Xiaoxiong

The Korean drama is about a girl who wants to be a webtoon artist. To look for something to draw about, she approaches an archery club full of pretty boys.

PS: Not a strong gay theme drama, but for those who love to watch pretty Korean boys

Edited by robin

Weekends

Synopsis

Third place winner of the Panorama Audience Award (Documentary) at the 66th Berlin International Film Festival, WEEKENDS is a humorous and moving documentary that focuses on G-Voice, the oldest gay men’s chorus in South Korea. For their tenth anniversary, the members plan to give their first big concert with creative arrangement and stunning dance moves. However, before the big date arrives, they are assaulted by a homophobic group. Will the members still be able to perform proudly and loudly? Director Lee Dong-ha gives an insight to the gay life of South Korea through the on-stage and off-stage stories of the choir members.great sensibility.

Trailer

A Straight Journey: Days and Nights in Their Kingdom

Synopsis

Two photographers took a journey across 11 cities in China, making portraits of gays and lesbians and their families. A short film was made during the journey, documenting their untold stories for the first time.

Short film

Don’t Be So Proud 别那么骄傲

简介:根据随侯珠同名小说改编的电视剧,梦实、宋芸桦、等主演,讲述了理工学霸何之洲与迷糊艺术女沈熹因为意外而灵魂互换,纠缠的错位青春,阴差阳错际遇使二人各自生活都变得大不相同,两人的感情也在迂回中逐渐升温的故事。

Edited by ajax

On 9/20/2016 at 10:19 PM, nixorn said:

Too bad not actual drama serial.....just some promotional clips for a new novel G兵日記....by the name of it, should be about gay soldiers in army, probably in taiwan. My guess is the main char is probably fantasizing in the clips.

dang i hope they make a series out of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80bCEEr_HUM

Well written show. Stopped at episode 2 and a half. The ending is not yet released. I hope hope hope for a happy ending. Totally came across this show by accident today clicking on videos on youtube.

Edited by jackrezal

Anyone knows where can I find the full drama below? It seems to be linked to the drama  微微一笑很倾城  but I want to watch the ancient drama, not the modern one.  

Thanks in advance.

Edited by robin

54 minutes ago, robin said:

Anyone knows where can I find the full drama below? It seems to be linked to the drama  微微一笑很倾城  but I want to watch the ancient drama, not the modern one.  

Thanks in advance.

It's actually a fanmade montage of diff series by the 2 actors. If u notice properly they are at diff dynasty.

KO (张彬彬) - 寂寞空庭春欲晚

美人师兄(郑业成) - 花千骨, 芈月传 

Hope these info helps. Btw those were not BL series.

Edited by casey_pjkl

Spa Night

Synopsis

The atmospheric SPA NIGHT is a portrait of forbidden sexual awakening set in the nocturnal world of spas and karaoke bars in Los Angeles’ Koreatown. David Cho (Joe Seo in a breakthrough performance), a timid 18-year-old living with his financially-struggling immigrant parents, chances upon a secret cruising spot when he takes a job at an all-male spa. There he begins to realize hidden desires that threaten his life as a dutiful son and student.

Trailer

7 hours ago, casey_pjkl said:

It's actually a fanmade montage of diff series by the 2 actors. If u notice properly they are at diff dynasty.

KO (张彬彬) - 寂寞空庭春欲晚

美人师兄(郑业成) - 花千骨, 芈月传 

Hope these info helps. Btw those were not BL series.

Thanks Casey. Disappointed that it is not a drama, thought it is a good plot with good actors 

War of High School

Synopsis

A convent only for girls will allow boys for the first time. These new students will bring a war between the girls, while the whole school tries to deal with the mysterious death of a student named Jessica. In the middle of this war, Pound, a shy and polite kid, will have his attention disputed between Violine and Pim. Will everyone survive by the end of this war?

Ep9

3 hours ago, ajax said:

War of High School

Ep9

I didn't think of following this series but just watched this episode posted here and it is pretty hilarious. Many faces from the MIR series here and they are all such different characters than in their previous parts. Very cool to watch. That scene where the boys have something sprayed on their wieners was totally crazy. And that kiss.... I'm melting.... I shall have to try this series out.

Also last night I just watched Seven Days; the Jap BL movie. It was really nice. Would recommend for anyone who hasn't seen yet.

Edited by jackrezal

Think the above clip is only 2nd half of the 7min short. It's called "Be Brave" by Josh Chang張永政, who directed and also acted in it.

The full clip :

His instagram :

https://www.instagram.com/josh_taiwan/

His interview on the short film :

His own youtube channel...he did some song covers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jessebibi/videos

Edited by nixorn

Recently i didn't share much here....not that there are no gay-themed, boy-love or even slight bromance dramas/movies....just that I'm not attracted....by either storyline, actors' looks or their acting/chemistry based on just 5-10 mins of watching.

One thing i know...esp for china BL dramas....either no happy ending, or heavily edited/censored.....if the storyline flow smoothly, good chemistry, natural acting and at least vague ending (hope nobody dies at least)....good enough for me....even if less/no kiss and no bedscene.

This one i didn't watch (yet)....only saw this fan-made MV.  I know this drama 我喜歡你 你知道嗎? is produced by china company but filmed in taiwan with taiwanese actors/singers. Shown on PPTV from late sep. Youtube got until ep 8....which seems to indicate some vague ending but info below said 16 ep. Mmm...caught abit...dub abit unnatural but still acceptable.

http://baike.baidu.com/subview/4101836/20277936.htm

Ep 1.

Edited by nixorn

The 2nd part for 《双程》"A Round Trip to Love" is out for a while.....sorry....spoiler alert...again seems like a sad ending....but they left a tiny vague hope....won't say more. But if this is the end of the whole movie or storyline....then again it's like most recent china BL drama/movie.

Part 1....can google....or previous page got posted

Part 2:

Interview with the 2 leads....the left guy is actually older...b1989....the right b1991.

Edited by nixorn

Frankly speaking Love Is More Than A Word 识汝不识丁 is really quite good...acting, production, costumes etc. I can accept that their romance/bromance is quite mild but still obvious. But to end like there's no ending...esp no wedding dress scene like the early pics and trailer.....sigh. The ending is so suddenly cut....just show the enemy planning to attack them....then the words "The End" appear. I suspect the director is probably disappointed (with the censorship)...until doesn't feel the need to end it properly.  Maybe he doesn't want to compromise the ending....and next time they might find some way to release the extra scenes.

The so-called last episode, EP12. Don't be mislead by the video pic.

• G_M changed the title to Gay Themed Music Video / MTV (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.