Male HQ

Hanging out in underwear in steam room or sauna

Guest SteamySauna

Guest SteamySauna

Hi guys do you know if hanging out in just underwear in steam rooms or sauna is allowed?

I know most people hang out in a towel or something, but I remember seeing someone in his white underwear once and I wonder if that's allowed.

In any case, is there any nice steam room or sauna in Singapore that you guys would recommend?

Thank you in advance

Guest disclose yourself
21 minutes ago, Guest SteamySauna said:

Hi guys do you know if hanging out in just underwear in steam rooms or sauna is allowed?

I know most people hang out in a towel or something, but I remember seeing someone in his white underwear once and I wonder if that's allowed.

In any case, is there any nice steam room or sauna in Singapore that you guys would recommend?

Thank you in advance

Underwear is not allowed.  You need to hang out either with a towel or nude.

Recommended steam rooms: FF OGS, E1 Toa Payoh

Guest Guest
46 minutes ago, Guest SteamySauna said:

Thank you in advance

I love it when people hang their musky underwear in the steam room..add a real man aroma in sauna making it more relaxing. Best if its worn the whole day under the hot afternoon sun. Si bei pang!

For me I feel wearing nothing is best! :)

You can have a towel around your waist to protect your privacy. Let your exposed skin sweat freely. :D

Benefits of a Nude Sauna:

1) Going Nude is more Hygienic.

2) You don’t Sweat Through your Clothes.

3) Transitions from Hot to Cold are Easier.

Also: some clothing can bleed in the steamy heat. Going nude means no worries about that!

Reference:

https://www.apairoftravelpants.com/2019/01/30/nude-saunas-and-sauna-etiquette/amp

39 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I love it when people hang their musky underwear in the steam room..add a real man aroma in sauna making it more relaxing. Best if its worn the whole day under the hot afternoon sun. Si bei pang!

Lol I ever saw one white colour underwear left behind in the steam room... nobody around so I took it in the end lol

Guest Google
7 hours ago, Guest disclose yourself said:

Underwear is not allowed.  You need to hang out either with a towel or nude.

Recommended steam rooms: FF OGS, E1 Toa Payoh

Where is this place? I copypasted the name and search google and cannot find. Is it fitness first?

Guest disclosed yourself
14 minutes ago, Guest Google said:

Where is this place? I copypasted the name and search google and cannot find. Is it fitness first?

Fitness First One George Street

Safra Energy one Toa Payoh

Guest Bestway

If you're talking about straight normal sauna:

Underwear Definitely not disallowed. 

Wear (or don't wear) what u want. 

Just don't wear jacket and get hyperthermia

On 4/13/2019 at 12:25 AM, SmileyGuy95 said:

For me I feel wearing nothing is best! :)

You can have a towel around your waist to protect your privacy. Let your exposed skin sweat freely. :D

Benefits of a Nude Sauna:

1) Going Nude is more Hygienic.

2) You don’t Sweat Through your Clothes.

3) Transitions from Hot to Cold are Easier.

Also: some clothing can bleed in the steamy heat. Going nude means no worries about that!

Reference:

https://www.apairoftravelpants.com/2019/01/30/nude-saunas-and-sauna-etiquette/amp

Should have a towel to protect the buttock as the seating area can be very hot.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest fur jacket
On 4/13/2019 at 8:04 AM, gmale2068 said:

Some folks wear swimming trunks in the steam room.  E.g in E1 TPY

some people even wear their towel inside the steam room in a near to dark steam sauna at gay saunas in Singapore.....

if it is a nylon stretch or elastin underwear should be fine, but the threads might melt and you end up nude if it is the wrong material or fake ones from street markets at BKK....

Good that you didn't ask whether you can wear a fur winter jacket to the steam room....

• 4 years later...
Guest 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Energy one hometeam ns bukit buttocks. Guy came into steam room wearing t shirt shorts and sneakers and stayed for a few minutes to steam his workout wear. 🤣

Got guys wear googles using the jacuzzi. 🤣🤣🤣

• 1 month later...

what is the purpose actually to stay in your underwear in a steam room?

The pant's will get wet after some time and then everyone can anyway see your hard on.

I actually don't understand why staying in underwear is relevant.

you would also need to bring along a second pair of underwear to change afterwards.

9 minutes ago, singalion said:

what is the purpose actually to stay in your underwear in a steam room?

The pant's will get wet after some time and then everyone can anyway see your hard on.

I actually don't understand why staying in underwear is relevant.

you would also need to bring along a second pair of underwear to change afterwards.

The shy young straight .. don't want to invite stares from those hum sum gays.

there ought to be more cruising around in underwear on non-nude days at the saunas.

unfortunately vast majority are wrapped in towel

hot daddies in white jockeys, "straight acting" guys in boxer shorts, fit young guys in pasar malam undies

so sexy.... to me even sexier than your andrew christian jockstraps

14 hours ago, Dirtyme said:

i kinda usually just sit nude in sauna, i don't want my towel to be moist from the room/seat. 

or sometimes i would wear trunks too, but kinda skimpy kind when i'm feeling a little naughty. :P

Same here usually in towel covered my groin area which usually attracts many str8 guys view. They will keep peek a boo at my private area.woohooo..

go into sauna room with underwear is consider rude, especially in western countries.

traditional sauna (Finland) shall go naked.

towel usually tolerated.

Edited by fun72

Guest Curious
On 2/23/2024 at 2:15 AM, Dirtyme said:

i kinda usually just sit nude in sauna, i don't want my towel to be moist from the room/seat. 

or sometimes i would wear trunks too, but kinda skimpy kind when i'm feeling a little naughty. :P

Agreed with you.  Nowadays, I was issued with only 1 towel only and staff refused to give me if I ask for one more for steam room.  Hence, I will leave my towel outside the steam room or went in in swimming trunk sometimes.  In the 1st place, I worried if being nude is ok as I was looking the at rules pasted outside the steam room and they never mention if nude is permissible in the 1st place.  Can anyone advise me?

Guest Curious
Just now, Guest Curious said:

Agreed with you.  Nowadays, I was issued with only 1 towel only and staff refused to give me if I ask for one more for steam room.  Hence, I will leave my towel outside the steam room or went in in swimming trunk sometimes.  In the 1st place, I worried if being nude is ok as I was looking the at rules pasted outside the steam room and they never mention if nude is permissible in the 1st place.  Can anyone advise me?  I am referring to SAFRA E1 Gym Sauna.

Guest guest
19 minutes ago, Guest Curious said:
21 minutes ago, Guest Curious said:

Agreed with you.  Nowadays, I was issued with only 1 towel only and staff refused to give me if I ask for one more for steam room.  Hence, I will leave my towel outside the steam room or went in in swimming trunk sometimes.  In the 1st place, I worried if being nude is ok as I was looking the at rules pasted outside the steam room and they never mention if nude is permissible in the 1st place.  Can anyone advise me?  I am referring to SAFRA E1 Gym Sauna.

u sure not only 1 towel ma, shld b 2 towel la, i rmb got a pic - u see below

7qrXDPG.jpg

41 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

u sure not only 1 towel ma, shld b 2 towel la, i rmb got a pic - u see below

AIya.  They changed rule again.  1 month plus ago, I want to ask for 2 towels, the female staff at E1 Jurong said cannot and showed me a notice stating 1 towel only, different from this notice you show me.  But I think based on the thread above shared by others, I feel Nude should be ok since the notice never states that in the 1st place.

Edited by Curious one

Guest guest
16 minutes ago, Curious one said:

AIya.  They changed rule again.  1 month plus ago, I want to ask for 2 towels, the female staff at E1 Jurong said cannot and showed me a notice stating 1 towel only, different from this notice you show me.  But I think based on the thread above shared by others, I feel Nude should be ok since the notice never states that in the 1st place.

orhh. u at jurong, i c, i oni at tpy, nvr got prob wif 2 towel lo.. so diff branch diff rule, so silly

Guest guest
On 2/23/2024 at 2:15 AM, Dirtyme said:

Sit nude in sauna/steambath would be like indirectly telling the whole world that you are gay and inviting hum sum gays for fun. Lol.

I have such experience in E1 steambath before, as i was sitting nude with towel covering, then this guy came over.... Lol. I wasn't even wanting to invite any fun.

Guest guest
49 minutes ago, Curious one said:

If give only 1 towel, how to go in steamroom with towel on? It would wet and dirty the towel and cannot use to wipe dry after shower. So if people go in nude also cannot blame them.

3 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

If give only 1 towel, how to go in steamroom with towel on? It would wet and dirty the towel and cannot use to wipe dry after shower. So if people go in nude also cannot blame them.

Correct. That's what I am thinking in my mind too. The gym very stingy on towels. To them, they just want to save cost. I mean the jurong branch. No choice lo, I sometime will go in nude. 

1 hour ago, repressednerd said:

Am thinking of wearing a leather harness some day. Wonder if it's allowed.

You can, but the steam room moisture can ruin your leather harness. If that is a concern, you need to coat them with a shoe shine that will make them more water-resistant or cover the leather with a water-proof spray.

Love. 

I use the sauna and the steam room naked. 

When in the sauna, I sit on my towel because I don't want to burn my ass.  I may or may not cover my genitals with a corner of the towel, depending on the vibes of the sauna.

As for the steam room, I go naked all the way.  I am not keen on getting my towel wet.  It does not make sense to wear underwear in the steam room, but to each his own.

Those who wear underwear into the steam room will be well advised not to do so in a Japanese onsen.  Taiwan's hot springs is similar, naked all the way.    

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, yhtang said:

I use the sauna and the steam room naked. 

When in the sauna, I sit on my towel because I don't want to burn my ass.  I may or may not cover my genitals with a corner of the towel, depending on the vibes of the sauna.

As for the steam room, I go naked all the way.  I am not keen on getting my towel wet.  It does not make sense to wear underwear in the steam room, but to each his own.

Those who wear underwear into the steam room will be well advised not to do so in a Japanese onsen.  Taiwan's hot springs is similar, naked all the way.    

I think in other countries, it might be common or norm for people to use the steam rm and sauna naked, even it is a straight steam rm and sauna. But i find in sg, it is not common for people to be naked in steam rm and sauna, you get weird stare from others. And people would view guys who are naked in steam rm and sauna are gays who is cruising around.

Guest guest
14 hours ago, Curious one said:

Correct. That's what I am thinking in my mind too. The gym very stingy on towels. To them, they just want to save cost. I mean the jurong branch. No choice lo, I sometime will go in nude. 

Not practical issue one towel, also for hygiene purpose. At least must give 2 towels. Save cost is not a valid reason just to issue one towel.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think in other countries, it might be common or norm for people to use the steam rm and sauna naked, even it is a straight steam rm and sauna. But i find in sg, it is not common for people to be naked in steam rm and sauna, you get weird stare from others. And people would view guys who are naked in steam rm and sauna are gays who is cruising around.

Yes, I agree.  In South East Asia, people are more conservative, uptight even, or maybe more body conscious than in other countries, especially Japan - but Japan is a bit different because of its onsen culture.

I would not be surprised if people view men who dare to be naked in the stream room or in the sauna as gays, or are cruising.  I just ignore them unless they start getting a hardon or their penises start to twitch.  😁

7 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Not practical issue one towel, also for hygiene purpose. At least must give 2 towels. Save cost is not a valid reason just to issue one towel.

Ya.  Correct.

5 hours ago, yhtang said:

Yes, I agree.  In South East Asia, people are more conservative, uptight even, or maybe more body conscious than in other countries, especially Japan - but Japan is a bit different because of its onsen culture.

I would not be surprised if people view men who dare to be naked in the stream room or in the sauna as gays, or are cruising.  I just ignore them unless they start getting a hardon or their penises start to twitch.  😁

Almost everybody I see so far wear a towel or shorts in E1 gym for Steamroom.  Think they are all shy or just want to protect their penises from been seen.  I feel nothing wrong to be nude inside.  Maybe someone has to start or initiate in the steam room 1st then others will slowly follow.  :)  If I see anyone with erect penises, of cos he is enjoying the moment.  Its good to be relaxed.  

On 2/24/2024 at 10:59 PM, Guest guest said:

Just went to SAFRA Jurong Gym today.  The counter put a signage which states 1 Towel can only be issued.  That probably explains why the steam room is so empty always.  Because people may not want to wet their towel in steam room, otherwise they can't used it for shower later.      

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Curious one said:

Just went to SAFRA Jurong Gym today.  The counter put a signage which states 1 Towel can only be issued.  That probably explains why the steam room is so empty always.  Because people may not want to wet their towel in steam room, otherwise they can't used it for shower later.      

So many shy guys who rather give up using the steam room than going into steam room naked. 😂

I have been to SAFRA gym decades before, seldom or never see any guys go inside the steam room naked. The most was they sit on the bench naked but with towel covering their groin area. So i guess it would be weird to see a guy come inside steam room naked.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:54 PM, Guest guest said:

Sit nude in sauna/steambath would be like indirectly telling the whole world that you are gay and inviting hum sum gays for fun. Lol.

I have such experience in E1 steambath before, as i was sitting nude with towel covering, then this guy came over.... Lol. I wasn't even wanting to invite any fun.

I don't see that being nude tells everyone your gay. 

It must be some specific Singapore cultural background not being nude. 

I assume by the obligation not being seen nude in your own house rule people just started not being nude in steam rooms, jacuzzi etc. 

If you implement fines on certain matters, what do you expect parents will teach their children ?

19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So many shy guys who rather give up using the steam room than going into steam room naked. 😂

I have been to SAFRA gym decades before, seldom or never see any guys go inside the steam room naked. The most was they sit on the bench naked but with towel covering their groin area. So i guess it would be weird to see a guy come inside steam room naked.

image.png.3422ef644406f8d89a63d2e6a13f60ef.png

Unless the Rules states clearly that Nude is permissible, then maybe more people will go in nude.  Same as Japanese onsen, requires patrons to be nude.  (attached) is an example from the Singapore Swimming Clun Steam room rules.  Their rules actually states nude is ok.  

3 hours ago, Curious one said:

Unless the Rules states clearly that Nude is permissible, then maybe more people will go in nude.  Same as Japanese onsen, requires patrons to be nude.  (attached) is an example from the Singapore Swimming Clun Steam room rules.  Their rules actually states nude is ok.  

I wish they have this notice for all the spa in Singapore. 🙂🙂

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, Curious one said:

So nude is allowed in safra gym. Looks like it is most guys in sg too shy.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So nude is allowed in safra gym. Looks like it is most guys in sg too shy.

This notice is I saw from the Singapore swimming club.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:54 PM, Guest guest said:

I have such experience in E1 steambath before, as i was sitting nude with towel covering, then this guy came over.... Lol. I wasn't even wanting to invite any 

17 minutes ago, MasterFitMalaySG4U said:

Follow protocol in public/club steam/sauna rooms..they even paste poster around the lockers room. No nakedness. Unless gay sauna it is fine. 

Onsen can be naked hardon go there...

Think the onsen will be too hot or cold to even get hard

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.