Male HQ

When u reach 50. Are u running out of time + What would you expect when you reached 50 (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

At 50 my friend say u dont need to save as a gay.Just everynight spend on Sinful dinner.You never know if u are still alive tomorrow.Savng is for the young when u are at 28 .When u reach 50 is half foot to grave.Do u agree.But my point is if u dont save when u reach 70 without money is even worst.No one to help u .U will have depression and see suicide as a solution.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

At 50 my friend say u dont need to save as a gay.Just everynight spend on Sinful dinner.You never know if u are still alive tomorrow.Savng is for the young when u are at 28 .When u reach 50 is half foot to grave.Do u agree.But my point is if u dont save when u reach 70 without money is even worst.No one to help u .U will have depression and see suicide as a solution.

Physically you are 50. Thinking wise...hmm... :ph34r:

You need to stay away from those friends of yours and do some serious thinking. May you see the ‘light’ soon.  

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

That is an extremely irresponsible and misguided "advice" from your "friend".

Am sure if you ever were to heed the "advice" and one day need to borrow money from him, he will run away at the first instance,

despite you saying he is your "friend"

Please lah, we all need to save and start doing this as early in life as possible.

Even if you were to start late, it is still better than not having saved a single cent at all.

You are living in Singapore (I assume) leh, not some la-la-fantasy land where all is milk, sugar and honey.

Wake up lah

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You never know if you still alive the next minute even at any age, not only when you reach 50.

It is a good practice to save up no matter whether you get to live the next minute.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You still need to save for rainy days but at the same time, just be kinder and more generous to yourself as compared to when you were younger. Do not indulge in eating as you will put on a lot of weight easily due to slower metabolism and will cause you to fall sick easily. You must continue to exercise, look good and hold your head upright as you have reached another milestone in your life as compared to the younger generation who has a long way to go. Getting older is an achievement in life as some people may never live till your age.

Guest Tomato

By the time a chap reaches 50 yo (whether its a he or she, single or married), he would have amassed sufficient wealth for the next lap.

( I just read an article that a 50 yo chap should have at least savings of at least 10 times his current annual income); and I reckon a 50 chap in Spore should be earning at least $100k annually).

Besides finances, one should keep himself healthy (at least keeping the tummy flat) and eat properly.

Last but most importantly, he must keep himself aware intellectually to prepare himself beyond 50 years old.

I chance to see some 50 years old chaps in the saunas.

Looking at their big tummies and out of shape bodies, (and still eating garbage stuffs like instant noodles and coke), listening to the kind of stuffs they talk about (50 years old but still talk like teenage girls); I wonder how screwed up their quality of life will be beyond this stage of their lives.

Guest Maverick

50 is a unique age to be in. At this juncture, you have more or less acquired a reasonable wealth of living experiences. You gradually put on a veil of cynicism in everything and every person that you meet because you have ditched the belief that there are genuine people around. If you have been conscientious in maintaining your looks, you will look like you're in your late 30s. However, that's only from appearance wise. Internally, your organs have aged and you have amassed a reservoir of toxins from all that junk food you took during your youth .

You will feel tired easily and essentially lost most of that "mojo" in taking up life challenges. You will feel less interested in partaking outdoor activities, those that you once jumped in without any second thoughts. Now, you hesitate if that strenuous sport or activity can sprain or even tear your ligaments, which will then take forever to heal.

You will attend less weddings, baby showers and more funerals. One by one, your relatives leave you. Some of your friends who succumbed to terminal illness will also leave you. Probably, your parents too. You will be inundated with grief throughout all that deaths. You start to question the purpose of Life. Is your existence just a banal "accident" for a minuscule period of time in the vast limitless universe that even space and time cannot fathom ?

You will feel disenchanted, disillusioned and basically a bitter person. You will also be more politically aware as you become seen for yourself how dirty politics can be and how politicians can manipulate crowd thinking and institute social engineering for self gains.

However, you will gain a tremendous amount of empathy as you start to value Life more, the fact that Life is so transient and that you are nearer and nearer to the end point. You will shower concerns and care towards the elderly folks, because very soon, you will become one of them. 

Paradise lost, paradise found. Welcome to the 5th decade of your Life !

1 hour ago, Guest Maverick said:

50 is a unique age to be in. At this juncture, you have more or less acquired a reasonable wealth of living experiences. You gradually put on a veil of cynicism in everything and every person that you meet because you have ditched the belief that there are genuine people around. If you have been conscientious in maintaining your looks, you will look like you're in your late 30s. However, that's only from appearance wise. Internally, your organs have aged and you have amassed a reservoir of toxins from all that junk food you took during your youth .

You will feel tired easily and essentially lost most of that "mojo" in taking up life challenges. You will feel less interested in partaking outdoor activities, those that you once jumped in without any second thoughts. Now, you hesitate if that strenuous sport or activity can sprain or even tear your ligaments, which will then take forever to heal.

You will attend less weddings, baby showers and more funerals. One by one, your relatives leave you. Some of your friends who succumbed to terminal illness will also leave you. Probably, your parents too. You will be inundated with grief throughout all that deaths. You start to question the purpose of Life. Is your existence just a banal "accident" for a minuscule period of time in the vast limitless universe that even space and time cannot fathom ?

You will feel disenchanted, disillusioned and basically a bitter person. You will also be more politically aware as you become seen for yourself how dirty politics can be and how politicians can manipulate crowd thinking and institute social engineering for self gains.

However, you will gain a tremendous amount of empathy as you start to value Life more, the fact that Life is so transient and that you are nearer and nearer to the end point. You will shower concerns and care towards the elderly folks, because very soon, you will become one of them. 

That’s how most become intolerant as one age to becoming couldn’t care less attitude when old 

Guest Try and see

Paul Rudd, the actor who played Ant-Man in the MCU, turned 50 this year, and he still looks like this:

Paul-Rudd_age-39-and-age-49_with-text_2-

paul-rudd-attends-the-premiere-of-disney

In fact, a lot of his fans can't believe that he's 50!

So don't accept the fatalistic belief that turning 50 means "one foot in the grave." It's how you take care of yourself.

Whether 15, or 50, you'll still need to save, eat healthily, exercise, and keep your mind active.

Guest Try and see

tom-daley-und-dustin-lance-black-in-schw

As an example, in the above photo dated Dec 2018, Tom Daley (left) is 24, and his husband, Lance Black (right) is 44.

When I go for ICT, I see a lot of guys in their mid-30s who already have not much hair left, or all grey hair, with a huge belly, etc.

So it's your choice to maintain your health and looks and finances. If you think that being 50 means "one foot in the grave", then naturally you won't bother to take care of yourself, and your looks and health and finances will deteriorate.

Maybe you need to stay away from that friend. He sounds quite toxic and negative.

IMO 50 is the new 30s.

Gone were the days when 人生七十古来稀。 Now many people live up to 90s. Frightening.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I am 46 and I am so tempted to put my face out to show u guys that age is really just a number. No matter u are in 20s or 50s, we always need to save of rainy days so we won't become a burden to others when something happens. In fact, as you grow older the chances of having an "emergency" are much higher thus saving become much more important.

50s is really still very young, life will start to deteriorate when u hit 70s so treasure your 50s and 60s.

Doesn't it depend on how much you already have?

There is no point in accumulating more and more and more 

It definitely is time to enjoy oneself a bit, if finances allow.

You don't want to regret not having done something when it is all too late

Eating sinful dinner every night is unhealthy for any age.

Not to mention for 50s and above.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest the end

saw quite a few gay 50's in grind/jackd, they look used, wrinkled like a dried banana and lost.

all that partying and easy sex will eventually come to an abrupt stop at that age, it's a sad life for most old gays.

Come on, why the negativity?

Sure as one ages, some things will change. But that doesnt mean u gorge like a pig, dont exercise, read only ST, holidays only on cruises. Just because not many ppl visit ur house, it doesnt mean u keep it out dated n messy.

• G_M changed the title to When u reach 50. Are u running out of time
12 hours ago, auri said:

Doesn't it depend on how much you already have? There is no point in accumulating more and more and more. It definitely is time to enjoy oneself a bit, if finances allow. You don't want to regret not having done something when it is all too late

Everyone needs to tell that to the 1% billionaires who are ruining our planet for the short term pursuit of profits. The vast majority of them are over 50 and have more money than they will ever be able to spend in their lives. They have also known for years that human use of fossil fuels is changing the climate, and that the results would be negative, and none of them took any meaningful measures to improve things for the better.

Now the Polar Ice Caps are melting much quicker than expected, Arctic & Antarctic Glaciers are falling apart, Greenland and Siberia are heating up, thousands of dead whales are washing ashore on American beaches, hundreds of vital animal species will go extinct in the next couple of decades, the tropics including Singapore and Southeast Asia are on the way to becoming too hot to reside in, and we will all turn into refugees.

I know people are busy with their own daily struggles to live, but the world's politicians and businesspeople who were supposed to deal wisely with problems like this have been too shortsighted, greedy, or incompetent over the last 40 years, and it's my generation who will pay the price. Life is going to be hell in the next few decades, and Earth could be on the way to permanently overheating, just like Venus did millions of years ago.

Another frightening thing I read is that India's 21 biggest cities will run out of fresh water next year as a result of their reservoirs drying up and all their usable groundwater being pumped out. The Himalayan Glaciers are also melting. Millions of people will die of thirst with others turning into refugees. Europe thinks it has problems now? Wars over water are on the horizon! I guarantee it. My generation might not even live to be 50.

Thank you Nightingale.

My sister just turned 80 y.o.  I will send her the video you posted.   And I know what she will say:

" Why are people so surprised?  I'm not a dancer but I am as energetic as she is, and don't think much of it.  80 y.o. is not soo old! "

And so is she.  Healthy, slim, taking care of her husband who is nearly 100 y.o. and keeping up the household all by herself.

She is a role model and full of optimism!   I'm fortunate to have a sister like that  :)

14 hours ago, Guest the end said:

saw quite a few gay 50's in grind/jackd, they look used, wrinkled like a dried banana and lost.

all that partying and easy sex will eventually come to an abrupt stop at that age, it's a sad life for most old gays.

You are so wrong!

Don't you know about the age system for these apps?

29 can mean anything up to 45

39 can mean anything up to 60

if they say 50, it probably means they are at least 70!!!

Guest Lao uncle
8 hours ago, auri said:

You are so wrong!

Don't you know about the age system for these apps?

29 can mean anything up to 45

39 can mean anything up to 60

if they say 50, it probably means they are at least 70!!!

There are plenty of uncle chasers, some are good-looking but most are cmi.

I'm in my 60s and still looking okay. Just a little meaty and OMG, they really like my type of very typical neighborhood Chinese uncle look like Lim Kay Tong type, the left parting neat executive hairstyle.

But then I'm being realistic, they are after me for sex only. At my age, I'm getting as much sex as I can. In fact they're calling me a wanton old man. I'm not complaining. I don't  approach people first since some people are nasty. I prefer that they approach me first so I don't get nasty rejection. 

I've also being approached by men about my age. I feel that I belong to Shogun myself so I don't mind. 

Guest Distasteful

Age is just as old as how you package and behave yourself.  

Recently,  I have seen an "old" man dyeing his hair in red, wearing very short  & tight jeans and screeching with lots of hands gesture. to his friends inside a shop. He was just one of the customers, an irritating one with loud noises and hopping around merrily like nobody businesses.   

When I tried to enquire a product from the shop owner,  the gay guy tried to place his hand around my shoulder like a busy-body trying to "assist".  I have to brush his arm away from me  and than said it bluntly into his face:  "do i know you!?"  in the hope that he get my message and know his place in the shop.   I don't know how old that guy  was, probably in his late 40s or early 50s, but how he packaged and behaved  already makes him look like  an 80 year old man.    

Perosnally, I don't like to discriminate on how people dress, oddly or otherwise, but do learn to respect other people personal space and stop being touchy.

Guest Flipside
7 hours ago, Guest Distasteful said:

Age is just as old as how you package and behave yourself.  

Recently,  I have seen an "old" man dyeing his hair in red, wearing very short  & tight jeans and screeching with lots of hands gesture. to his friends inside a shop. He was just one of the customers, an irritating one with loud noises and hopping around merrily like nobody businesses.   

When I tried to enquire a product from the shop owner,  the gay guy tried to place his hand around my shoulder like a busy-body trying to "assist".  I have to brush his arm away from me  and than said it bluntly into his face:  "do i know you!?"  in the hope that he get my message and know his place in the shop.   I don't know how old that guy  was, probably in his late 40s or early 50s, but how he packaged and behaved  already makes him look like  an 80 year old man.    

Perosnally, I don't like to discriminate on how people dress, oddly or otherwise, but do learn to respect other people personal space and stop being touchy.

You sound like a bitter bitchy auntie.

Guest aging

When I was 30, I admit, I thought life and sex life with 50 is mostly over. my fear was as well growing that nobody would like to have fun with me anymore. After being slightly older I started thinking differently. I m not less desired by other guys? Plenty of boys in their young age chase me for fun. On times I think I m a kid molester when I have fun with a 20y old boy. But what would stop me? If they desire me?

I think we guys in Asia quite luckier because in Western like US or Europe, mostly young guys prefer young guys or maybe 5 years above. Only a few into "daddy".

So let's stop to complain and make the best out of it. The doors are still wide open.

Maybe after reaching 65 the being desired by extremely younger guys will decrease.

But maybe then we don't want to date so young guys anymore.

Guest Asian
21 minutes ago, Guest aging said:

I think we guys in Asia quite luckier because in Western like US or Europe, mostly young guys prefer young guys or maybe 5 years above. Only a few into "daddy".

Asian aged slowly in facial appearance as compared to westerner.  Some Asian at the at of 50 still look very young as compared to Caucasian who started to age and behaved like old daddy in their mid 30s.

50 is just a number, so is 70, so is 20. That's sweet talk. Utter rubbish!

50 is not just a number. It simply means u are old, u are senior citizen. Some ppl may look younger than real age or older than actual age, but it doesn't matter, right?!

No! its a scary number..... especially when someone ask u - whats your age.....

Its a dooms question..... 

How many ppl lied about their own age?! countless. Why? bcas it simply matters.

U can be chatting for months with someone cute in grinder. But the moment he asked your age, it could be a death sentence.... followed by lesser replies....

It happens before and it will continue to happen.

When younger ones start to avoid u, what u have left?! 

Money, nothing but alot money inside your bank account. So if u die the next day, where will your money goes to? yr wife? Parents? siblings?

Gay will have wife mehz? Parents should be dead by then for most old gays. Siblings, which they will leave nothing to u when they die but everything to their kids?

so what?! enjoy yr life.

Continue to work, earn money, eat, enjoy.....

No one ask u to spend all.....

U wanna eat sashimi, just eat.

U wanna eat Waygu beef, just eat.

U wanna eat alaska crab, just eat.

Just enjoy....

I overheard a bunch of tweens/early teens chatting on the train this morning to work, and one of the girls went something like, "25! That is so old! Like dinosaur!" Apparently age is more than just a number, it also means you are extinct. 

Love. 

Guest Done!

Hahaha.....u guys are whiners and a bunch of worrisome rejected item craving for the unpredictable dream that has been haunting the lonesome gay world, like a seasonal ghost month, with certainty of singlehood by fate, not by choice not by chance not by your own doing. So, with due respect whether a person is 17 or 70 with market or without fucking market value and I simply don't fucking care. I am living my life the way I like it and I don't give a shit nor cast any aspiration by causing unnecessary anxiety to deprive me of living a carefree life and I dont give a fuck about age or aging and I don't need anyone validation because I am a fucking me and just me alone. Now get the fuck out and bore someone else with this fucking topic.  Let's make it very clear here. U either own your life or let life own you. Your choice detect your struggle and live with it! Stop whining for heaven sake.

On 6/23/2019 at 2:35 PM, Guest Maverick said:

Wow. Poetic prose! 

Guest going 70 strong

When u reach 50. Are u running out of time.

Am I the only one who don't quite understand the meaning of the above headline?  

Can someone please explain what are we running out of?  Time? as in task not accomplished, like many un-answered questions on the exam paper and time is running out to impress the maker or the marker?

Are we lacking in something or are we rushing for something we are so afraid to lose?

Or

Is death near and no one is ready for the inevitable apocalypse going to wipe out the whole of humanity?

So what exactly are we talking about here?  Please tell me, because time is non-existence in my life and I am still grasping about what was going on here?  

Guest Guest

My friend say is a blessing every night he is enjoying sinful food. Now his waist from 29 hit to 34..Now dont enjoy than when?Money in the bank is for others to spend when u dead.

in my view is : 50 is not old - our gay role model , chuando whom inspire me .

i do see late 20 and early 30 - aging super fast from thinner hair, tummy and grey hair. Especially those gay and bi.

4 hours ago, Guest Done! said:

Hahaha.....u guys are whiners and a bunch of worrisome rejected item craving for the unpredictable dream that has been haunting the lonesome gay world, like a seasonal ghost month, with certainty of singlehood by fate, not by choice not by chance not by your own doing. So, with due respect whether a person is 17 or 70 with market or without fucking market value and I simply don't fucking care. I am living my life the way I like it and I don't give a shit nor cast any aspiration by causing unnecessary anxiety to deprive me of living a carefree life and I dont give a fuck about age or aging and I don't need anyone validation because I am a fucking me and just me alone. Now get the fuck out and bore someone else with this fucking topic.  Let's make it very clear here. U either own your life or let life own you. Your choice detect your struggle and live with it! Stop whining for heaven sake.

Why are you posting your fucking shit here?

No one cares about your fucking opinion.

3 hours ago, Guest going 70 strong said:

When u reach 50. Are u running out of time.

Am I the only one who don't quite understand the meaning of the above headline?  

Can someone please explain what are we running out of?  Time? as in task not accomplished, like many un-answered questions on the exam paper and time is running out to impress the maker or the marker?

It is not difficult to understand that as we advance in life we continuously run out of some opportunities,  not only because of time but because "there is a time for everything".  To achieve some goals we have to start early, some in childhood.  We won't be olympic athletes if we wait to start in out 20s,  not because we cannot become good at them but because there will be some that are better because they started as children, and they will win.  

There are good ways to cope with this "running out".  One is to avoid being competitive. We don't need to be the best.  Another solution is to be realistic in our goals.  In my 70s I cannot expect to be a competitive sportsman,  but I can aim at keeping my body as good as possible, and I am satisfied at the result.  I should not try to enter a beauty contest or expecting people to turn their heads to admire me,  but I can still be a role model and get many compliments.  I cannot expect young guys to chase me in saunas but I am able to avoid rejection by some guys who attract me.  But time advances, and so my opportunities start diminishing and will do it every time faster.  

The solution is to make a realistic evaluation and start using the opportunities still available without hesitation or much delay. I will continue traveling to interesting places, I will continue my sex tourism, and if the time comes I will start to pay for sex.  I will be approachable and interested in relationships, lowering my standards of physical attraction in exchange of spiritual attraction.  And I still have much love to share. 

11 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

50 is just a number, so is 70, so is 20. That's sweet talk. Utter rubbish!

50 is not just a number. It simply means u are old, u are senior citizen. Some ppl may look younger than real age or older than actual age, but it doesn't matter, right?!

No! its a scary number..... especially when someone ask u - whats your age..... Its a dooms question..... 

50 was old age before modern times.  Now a life expectancy is about 80 y.o.,  That is, at 50 you can expect to live 30 more years, and this is a long time.  These days It is estimated  that the unhappiest times are lived at around 45 y.o.,  so if you were happy in your 20s and this happiness is disappearing,  you can be confident that happiness will start returning in your 50s,  and keep steadily recovering ... if you do your work and keep fit and healthy!

Yes, some people look older, some younger.  But looks also follow what the person IS.  So for a given age, some people ARE younger and some ARE older.  If you are smart and somewhat lucky, you won't notice a difference as the decades pass away.   Age is a dooms question?  You would be surprised at how many old people are PROUD of their age!

Edited by Steve5380

Just now, Steve5380 said:

50 was old age before modern times.  Now a life expectancy is about 80 y.o.,  That is, at 50 you can expect to live 30 more years, and this is a long time.  These days It is estimated  that the unhappiest times are lived at around 45 y.o.,  so if you were happy in your 20s and this happiness is disappearing,  you can be confident that happiness will start returning in your 50s,  and maybe steadily recovering in the 70s... if you do your work and keep fit and healthy!

Yes, some people look older, some younger.  But looks also follow what the person is.  So for a given age, some people ARE younger and some ARE older.  If you are smart and somewhat lucky, you won't notice a difference as the decades pass away.   Age is a dooms question?  You would be surprised at how many old people are PROUD of their age...

you won't be proud of your age if u wanna attract a young guy.

U will be super proud of your age when u see someone slightly younger than you but looks like so much older than u and full of sickness. U will say - look at me, i already 65. Yet so fit and healthy.

Bcas u simply not interested of that person, can't be bothered what he thinks of u.

But if u manage to find someone much younger, to others, u are nothing but a old cow eating tender grass (translated from some chinese sentences)

In fact i have seen a few older ppl behaving like that. My thoughts for them is - u look fit but your skin is so crumpled and tan and abit saggy, if not because u have some money, which man/woman is keen to have sex with u?!

Being a gay, we wished to be attractive to young guys. Unlike the straight guy, got money , can liao, bcas girl will flock at them.

But gays are different. we don't use money and we are not keen of money boy . We want love, sex.

But at 50, u are nothing but a senior citizen, waiting to collect your purple colour EZlink card from government and enjoy cheaper rides.

9 minutes ago, benedict5856 said:

U will be super proud of your age when u see someone slightly younger than you but looks like so much older than u and full of sickness. U will say - look at me, i already 65. Yet so fit and healthy.

Bcas u simply not interested of that person, can't be bothered what he thinks of u.

But if u manage to find someone much younger, to others, u are nothing but a old cow eating tender grass (translated from some chinese sentences)

In fact i have seen a few older ppl behaving like that. My thoughts for them is - u look fit but your skin is so crumpled and tan and abit saggy, if not because u have some money, which man/woman is keen to have sex with u?!

Being a gay, we wished to be attractive to young guys. Unlike the straight guy, got money , can liao, bcas girl will flock at them.

But gays are different. we don't use money and we are not keen of money boy . We want love, sex.

But at 50, u are nothing but a senior citizen, waiting to collect your purple colour EZlink card from government and enjoy cheaper rides.

What is wrong with being an old cow eating tender grass?  At this moment I am an old man eating a mixture of chocolate and strawberry ice cream, yum!

Why would I try to attract a young guy advertising my age?  I don't use apps, but I meet guys in person.  If after the fact he asks me how old I am and I tell him, I enjoy his surprise and... I haven't had anyone run away after that. 

People who look young for their age and ARE young for their age,  also have a skin that IS young for their age.  Crumpled, hanging, wrinkled skin can be avoided in old age by having healthy habits.  The face is more exposed to the elements and ages faster, but there are ways to keep it looking younger.  Not every woman of 80 y.o. needs to look as wrinkled as the ballroom dancer in the video posted by Nightingale. 

If you feel that at 50 that u are nothing but a senior citizen waiting to qualify for cheaper rides,  this is up to you.  But you should not count on everyone sharing the same feelings.  Many here have already confirmed that their feelings are very different,  me included.

Just now, Steve5380 said:

What is wrong with being an old cow eating tender grass?  At this moment I am an old man eating a mixture of chocolate and strawberry ice cream, yum!

Why would I try to attract a young guy advertising my age?  I don't use apps, but I meet guys in person.  If after the fact he asks me how old I am and I tell him, I enjoy his surprise and... I haven't had anyone run away after that. 

People who look young for their age and ARE young for their age,  also have a skin that IS young for their age.  Crumpled, hanging, wrinkled skin can be avoided in old age by having healthy habits.  The face is more exposed to the elements and ages faster, but there are ways to keep it looking younger.  Not every woman of 80 y.o. needs to look as wrinkled as the ballroom dancer in the video posted by Nightingale. 

If you feel that at 50 that u are nothing but a senior citizen waiting to qualify for cheaper rides,  this is up to you.  But you should not count on everyone sharing the same feelings.  Many here have already confirmed that their feelings are very different,  me included.

I am referring to the general expectations of life here. 

THere is always some different situations, which i would say - wait for the durian to drop.

I wonder, u are a German that lives in Texas, right? Do u understand fully the Singapore singlish, hokkien, etc....

Bcas most of the times i use singlish

6 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

I wonder, u are a German that lives in Texas, right? Do u understand fully the Singapore singlish, hokkien, etc....

Bcas most of the times i use singlish

Yes, I understand you perfectly.  There is a lot of redundancy in a language, and singlish can be cute.

Guest InBangkok
On 6/23/2019 at 2:35 PM, Guest Maverick said:

You will feel tired easily and essentially lost most of that "mojo" in taking up life challenges. You will feel less interested in partaking outdoor activities, those that you once jumped in without any second thoughts. Now, you hesitate if that strenuous sport or activity can sprain or even tear your ligaments, which will then take forever to heal . . . You will feel disenchanted, disillusioned and basically a bitter person.

This is a load of absolute garbage! It belongs in the trash can! I loved my 50s, and my 60s are going the same way. Life is great if that’s what you want to make of it. 

Guest Fit Uncle

When I was young, I saw old men are weak with sickness, aches and pains. That's painful suffering. I was afraid that one day I'll be old too.

。。。

How time flies, now I'm in my 60s, older than some of those suffering old men. Officially, I'm an old man and I got my bus concessions to prove it. But。。 I've no aches or pain or sickness. I'm still very fit. I eat well, sleep well and I don't feel any different from when I'm younger.

。。。

I feel fortunate that being old doesn't have to be suffering agony. But。。 there's a small price to pay for another kind of agony instead.

I have to exercise almost every day. Not those leisurely walking 10,000 steps or slow Tachi type of old man exercises. It's heavy exercises and has to be painful enough and exhausting "NO PAIN, NO GAIN".

。。。

Of course I'm only human and dislike pains too. Sometimes I feel like giving up too. But when I look at my contemporaries complaining about high blood pressures, obesity, scary surgeries...all that aches, pains and agonies, suddenly I don't feel so bad in comparison. My pains are trivial compared to those. So I grit one's teeth,  bear the pain and carry on. 

。。。

There's just no short cut to the pains, time and efforts. No bird's nest, no ginseng, no super vitamins, no latest health fad, just eat simple and not be tempted by those junk foods. They eat expensive kale, I eat cheap tapioca leaves. Their super supplements cost $60, my cheap creatine cost $30+ and lasted 3 times longer. They have skin care products costing 100s of dollars, I go cheap spa to get hot and cold treatment for my skin then apply cheap coconut oil. They look good, I look just as smooth all over without wrinkles. 

。。。

But then, I'm no Saint myself. You need to be a little vain and show off your good body after all that effort. Good or bad, people can see and judge. I like that challenge and wrote a blog about it. People are naturally sceptical about what I said, NPNT. Gays are mostly shallow and they are mercilessly judgemental about male physique. So I posted naked pics of myself (strategically covered up, of course) to prove it. This puts pressure on me to keep up the pain and reminded myself not to give up. 

。。。

Those who say that they say "I simply don't fucking care. I am living my life the way I like it and I don't give a shit nor cast any aspiration by causing unnecessary anxiety to deprive me of living a carefree life and I dont give a fuck about age or aging and I don't need anyone validation because I am a fucking me and just me alone." 

。。。
Good for them if they are healthy and fit. But unfortunately, that's only half a statement, NPNT. You don't need other's validation, hopefully it's not ostrich hiding from the truth of your state of health.

。。。
Those who choose sinful foods and justify it by "Now don't enjoy than when?", some of my friends said that too. But after the surgeries, they regretted. 

。。。
Yes, I know there are some who say they couldn't care less and are still fit and healthy. Talk is cheap, NPNT. 

pan widget

6 hours ago, Guest InBangkok said:

This is a load of absolute garbage! It belongs in the trash can! I loved my 50s, and my 60s are going the same way. Life is great if that’s what you want to make of it. 

It may be just a confusion about the ranges of age, a misconception of younger folk.

I have a brother in law who will be 99 y.o., and he has the symptoms Guest Maverick describes, and that started about five years ago.

So it describes him well at 94 y.o.,  not at 50 y.o. !!!

23 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

True, it is easier to keep fit than to keep young.  You can be super fit at 60 but look is hard to maintain without spending a fortune. 

But I don't agreed that 50 is a senior citizen yet.  Maybe senior citizen in the sauna only. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

• G_M changed the title to When u reach 50. Are u running out of time + What would you expect when you reached 50 (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.