Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

Guest Mr. Big

This year is gonna be a year where many.bright stars will  dim their lights. 

You know the greats and big talents are reaching  their 70s 80s now. 

Barry Manilow   quite frail. 

Barry Gibb , also frail.

Jane Fonda , 80s.

TINA TURNER, recovering from 2 strokes.  Despite being a devout Nichiren Shoshu buddhist chanter for over 35 years. 

Phil Collins , old and quite frail, Parkinsons and Dementia.

Celine Dion, not that old, but quite frail and sickly, never been the same after husband died. 

TONY BENNET,  dementia oredi.

Barbra Steisand , 83 years old already.

Al Pacino , Harrison Ford, looks like old worse for the wear.

My predictions for the domino to fall next. 

B. G. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigboss2046

On Aug. 25, actor Ian Ziering announced on Instagram that actor Joe E. Tata — who's best known for playing Nat, the owner of the Peach Pit, on "Beverly Hills, 90210" — was dead at 85. Joe was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2018, his daughter revealed in 2021, and his health had been in decline. "Joey was truly an OG, I remember seeing him on the Rockford files with James Garner years before we worked together on 90210. He was often one of the background villains in the original Batman series. One of the happiest people I've ever worked with, he was as generous with his wisdom as he was with his kindness," co-star Ian wrote on Instagram. "Though the peach pit was a 90210 set, It often felt like the backdrop to the Joe E Tata show. The stories of days gone by that he would share, incredible experiences in the entertainment industry that he was a part of would keep us all captivated. He may have been in the back of many scenes, but he was a leading force, especially to us guys, on how to appreciate the gift that 90210 was. My smile dims today but basking in fond memories moves him from my eyes to my heart where he will always be."

I think many of the younger generations do not realise how instrumental this one man was in promoting the end of the Cold War and the fall of the Iron Curtain. He was brave enough to realise the precarious situation the USSR was in, and was able to make concrete steps to correct it. No easy job, since he had many opponents in the power structure of the USSR, which then attempted a coup.

@Steve5380is correct is saying that Russia took 3 steps forward with Gorbachev, but took 2 steps backwards (may be more) with Putin. Let's hope there will be future leaders who will be able to take the nation forward again.

Слава Україні!

I remember those new buzzwords "Glasnost" and "Perestroika" that out of the sudden jumped out of the mouth of Eastern European politicians. 

Unfortunately, Gorbatchev was not able to complete his full plan because inhouse fighting and an old batch of military guys attacked him until Gorbatchev gave up and resigned. 

Regrettably, the current leader of Russia is stuck in a 1980 cold war mindset, as if the world had not moved on...

Guest Derelict
On 9/1/2022 at 8:55 AM, Guest WTF said:

Congratulations, Blowingwind nowadays has become the unofficial obituary for deceased politicians, actors, singers, etc. Keep up the good works!

You also want one?  Can be titled:

RIP WTF

Guest keefee90

DRUMMIE ZEB, the lead singer of reggae band Aswad, has died at the age of 62, as tributes poured in for the music pioneer.

Aswad star Drummie Zeb, who was born Angus Gaye, has "left a huge void," his bandmates said today as they confirmed the news of his death. Tributes have since poured in for the reggae pioneer on social media.

spacer.png

Queen Elizabeth II of the House of Windsor, monarch of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and royal sovereign of a number of Commonwealth countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand, has died.

She passed away at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. The announcement of her death was made on Sep. 9 (Singapore time). She was 96 years old.

She is survived by her four children, Charles, Prince of Wales, Anne, Princess Royal, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Her husband Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, died in April 2021. Charles will be crowned the next King of the United Kingdom.

RIP,  dear Queen Elizabeth II  ! 

The news made me quite emotional.  She was the Queen of England during most of my life,  since I was a 9 year old boy.  And I always found her to be an excellent person.

I saw many pictures and videos of her in her last days.  And this was the cause of my emotion.  She looked very similar to  MY Queen,  my aunt Liesel.  She had passed away close to her 94th birthday,  a few days after I visited her last.   And I was in love with her since I was a toddler. It seems inevitable as we age to confront the death of our beloved and of famous people we never think they would die one day.   We should not be disturbed by our feelings. 

I felt very sad 8 days ago when Queen Elizabeth died.  This feeling has mostly gone away, but I still think that this was a big loss.

After a few days of all the media being filled with this topic,  I started to fast-forward on my recorded news all the segments that had to do with this topic.  After more than a week,  the media is still dedicating much time to the UK Royal Family.  I have reached a point where my appreciation for this family is down to zero.   But it will still have my attention in whatever events deserve it.  The long trips where it was said that  the Queen made "her last trip here and there"  were pure sensationalism. What moved was a dead body.   The Spirit of Elizabeth left her body shortly after her heart stopped.

I find that Queen Elizabeth was a very good person, a worthy woman.  But I think that Mother Theresa was a superior person, more worthy,  who never carried a crown with hundreds of diamonds or had estates worth billions.   I respect the esteem the British feel for the Royal Family,  their filling their eyes and hearts with all the glitter of gold, the fine ornaments,  the pomp, the impressive uniforms of the family members,  the multitude of "extras" in costumes, the hymns and other solemn music.   But deep inside I feel this cult as somewhat abject.  The royalty of the United Kingdom represents also the victimization of millions of people in the colonies of the British Empire.  Fortunately most of this is now in the past,  although there is still the CommonWealth.   A more appropriate name for this should be CommonExploitation.  If I were a native of this Common...  I would favor and participate in any movement to gain independence from the Crown.

I have a poor opinion of the men who are in line of the British throne.  I don't find any redeeming quality in Charles,  and even less in his sons William and Harry.  I see them as totally mediocre.   An American politician who makes it into the White House has at least some outstanding qualities.  Most of them have positive qualities, the one exception being the previous president who has outstanding negative, even criminal qualities. 

I apologize for my opinions to Singaporeans who feel some strong emotional link to the royalty that presided over their land in the past.   At this time, I am happy that I don't owe loyalty to any nobility. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:42 AM, Steve5380 said:

Fortunately most of this is now in the past,  although there is still the CommonWealth.   A more appropriate name for this should be CommonExploitation.  If I were a native of this Common...  I would favor and participate in any movement to gain independence from the Crown.

Well, I think some of the colonies actually benefited from the British rule. Singapore became a transport/maritime hub, due to the British, and also adopted its banking system. Of course, subsequent governments could easily undo what the Brits did. I wouldn't say that what the Brits did was all bad, and at least it was far better than what the Belgians did (or rather, their king did) in the Congo.

I would say that the exploitation of other regions and races is common in most history. The Spanish, I think, did far worse in the Americas. And the US did terrible things to the Native Americans too. So, it is not unique to the British monarchy. In fact, most of the "evil" committed under the Brits, was done by the East India Company...

On 9/17/2022 at 2:42 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have a poor opinion of the men who are in line of the British throne.  I don't find any redeeming quality in Charles,  and even less in his sons William and Harry.

I have to agree with you about Charles. Even though he has been "in training" for the longest time, he still does all sorts of silly things. I don't think much of Harry, especially with the Megxit episode. However, I reserve my opinion about William and Kate. I think they have some qualities that have helped stir up support for the Royals in these times.

Слава Україні!

On 9/17/2022 at 3:28 AM, Guest Guest said:

It could have been fortunate that the older man fell forwards and not backwards, where he could have hit the back of his head and caused a concussion.  But he seems to be OK,  otherwise we would have heard in the news.

Was it exhaustion or was it boredom?  He could have fallen asleep from so much costume theater. 

Guest Stage Fright
On 9/17/2022 at 9:51 PM, Steve5380 said:

It could have been fortunate that the older man fell forwards and not backwards, where he could have hit the back of his head and caused a concussion.  But he seems to be OK,  otherwise we would have heard in the news.

Was it exhaustion or was it boredom?  He could have fallen asleep from so much costume theater. 

Anxiety fright mode.  Overly self-conscious of being watched by so many people and in front of so many camera.  Adrenaline rushed to the head and knocked him out.  

On 9/17/2022 at 9:37 AM, Guest Stage Fright said:

Anxiety fright mode.  Overly self-conscious of being watched by so many people and in front of so many camera.  Adrenaline rushed to the head and knocked him out.  

Could it have been his emotion of standing for so long at just steps from his life-long adored queen?   Poor man!

Guest May Be....
On 9/17/2022 at 10:46 PM, Steve5380 said:

Could it have been his emotion of standing for so long at just steps from his life-long adored queen?   Poor man!

Could be many reasons. May be he wanted to be the center of attention and pretended to faint.  May be he is gay and wanted the gorgeous guy next to him to catch him while he fall.  May be, the hymm made him feel sleepy and he doze off in the midst of his duty.  May be his uniform too tight he can't breath properly.

Guest Worry not
On 9/18/2022 at 4:32 AM, Steve5380 said:

How high could be the bill the taxpayers pay for all this?

Very high, but it was also exceedingly covered by the attraction of tourists for the occassion and thus brought more dollars excesses to their taxpayers.  Then again, under normal circumstances,  the monarch has always been the center  of tourist spot.  Don't tell us you didn't at least peep through the gate of Buckingham palace when you visited London, just like the last time you ran straight into gay Sauna the moment you landed in Singapore, as if your life depended on it?

This event and similar ones always push lower my estimation of human nature.  Ten days of intense public coverage of a staged tragic theater centered on a cadaver. 

I am patient and understanding having some favorite news programs and others on TV replaced by this theater.  I find no interest in watching it,  although I respect the desire of others to do so.

Meanwhile I see the news of more bodies unearthed in Ukraine, more victims of natural disasters,  and I just watched a video recorded yesterday from PBS about the horrific persecution of Jews by the Nazi Germany.  Dead bodies are dead bodies,  and all I can do is observe philosophically how insignificant we are as individuals,  kings or queens or commoners.  Something to extract from all this.  :thumb:

On 9/20/2022 at 5:02 AM, Steve5380 said:

This event and similar ones always push lower my estimation of human nature.  Ten days of intense public coverage of a staged tragic theater centered on a cadaver. 

She is no ordinary woman.  The Queen spend 70 years of her fruitful life upholding faith, not hurting anyone, not bad mouthing anyone, not tripping on anything and very tolerance of everthing during her reign.   It is very rare for a normal human to accomplish that.  Don't you think she at least deserves such glam coverage for her last journey to the Chapel?  Besides, as catholic, I thought you already knew such ritual is quite necessary too.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:42 PM, Guest U Envy said:

She is no ordinary woman.  The Queen spend 70 years of her fruitful life upholding faith, not hurting anyone, not bad mouthing anyone, not tripping on anything and very tolerance of everthing during her reign.   It is very rare for a normal human to accomplish that.  Don't you think she at least deserves such glam coverage for her last journey to the Chapel?  Besides, as catholic, I thought you already knew such ritual is quite necessary too.

There is nothing to be envied.  She was a good woman but there are millions of women who don't hurt anyone, don't badmouth anyone, don't trip on anything and are very tolerant of everything, for 70 years and more.  

One of such women was my late aunt Liesel.  I knew her when he married my uncle at 19 y.o. and I was with her a few days before her death at 94 y.o.   Over the 74 years I knew her she, was as good a person if not better than Queen Elizabeth.  But not as famous or rich.  Instead of being born with silver spoon she was raised in a German Jewish family bullied by the Nazis which had to escape for their lives and take refuge in Argentina.  In contrast, Queen Elizabeth had never security, food, shelter missing in all her life.

And as a Catholic I know that all that staged theater with ceremonies was not necessary.   What is advised for the terminal ill is the "anointing of the sick"  sacrament.  After death, there are Catholic rituals that depend on how much the family is willing to spend,  but they are not mandatory.  The Catholic God, like many others,  demands worship, veneration, adoration, but He does not require that his creatures receive similar worship, veneration, adoration. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LOP LOP por

The late Angela Lansbury had a vast body of work ,acting in all kinds of musicals, stage work, movies, TV series.... books

Anyone else caught this children,s musical Movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks. with Angela Lansbury

Remembering  the memorable Angela Lansbury

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.