Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

Really sad that he couldn't make it through. RIP.

I watched both his latest drama series “知星人'' and  ”229 明天见, leave quite a deep impression on his acting and now he is gone forever.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:03 PM, Leanmeat said:

Actually, would saf have given the military burial if this is not a celebrity? Is it a norm for all military personel who passed away dur training?

The recent deaths of those who had passed on during training were accorded military funerals even though they were not celebs

Edited by Adrius90
Typo error

Bye bye , Alyosius, in your short time on earth, I think you have impacted many peoples lives in a positive way,

may your image and memory of you smile and kindness linger and impact people to become kinder to one another.

Sorry, I cannot be at your memorial, for a glimpse of you for the last time, 

White haired send off black haired , is so sad.

Can only wished the pain was shortlived.

Guest No offence

No disrespect to Alyosius. I believe he was the cherished son or brother to his family members and a nice guy to his colleagues in the entertainment industry. I do not hear tributes from his fellow ns camp mates or his school mates though... Guess his social circle is only confined to his family members and colleagues in the entertainment industry.

The family carried out the wishes of scattering Aloysius beautiful ashes into the sea around pulau ubin accoraccord ing to the news.

Freeinh Aloysius, freeing the gf, and freeing his fan club members,

Aloysius may your kind spirit , also spreads Love to all animals in the sea.

On 1/28/2019 at 7:17 PM, Guest No offence said:

No disrespect to Alyosius. I believe he was the cherished son or brother to his family members and a nice guy to his colleagues in the entertainment industry. I do not hear tributes from his fellow ns camp mates or his school mates though... Guess his social circle is only confined to his family members and colleagues in the entertainment industry.

He mentioned he was a quiet and rebellious youth before ...it was only after he has matured later in life that he treated others much  better ....his short purpose here in the universe is to teach many lessons ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cleanly Teacher

In addition to "Just Once" as shown above, James Ingram's other hits included the Grammy Award winning "One Hundred Ways" in 1981, "Baby Come To Me" (duet with Patti Austin) in 1983, his second Grammy Award winner "Yah Mo B There" (duet with Michael McDonald of Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers) in 1985, "Somewhere Out There" (duet with Linda Ronstadt and theme song from the animated film "An American Tail") in 1986, and "I Don't Have the Heart" in 1990.

James Ingram was also nominated for a Grammy for co-writing Michael Jackson's song "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" alongside Quincy Jones, and was included in the ensemble cast of vocalists eventually dubbed as USA For Africa, who teamed up on the original version of "We Are The World" which was written and produced by Jackson and Lionel Richie. Similar singers from his era include George Benson, Peabo Bryson, Al Jarreau, Jeffrey Osborne, and Luther Vandross.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

??? Xiang lai?

Karl Lagerfeld is like a fashion godfather , he decides the theme and direction, for a few big names fashion and haute couture houses, but for me its irrelevant, si long as i am not naked , any cloothing will do .

no need branded and 10k suits.

eg. he was fashion director for Chanel and also YSL.

8 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Karl Lagerfeld is like a fashion godfather , he decides the theme and direction, for a few big names fashion and haute couture houses, but for me its irrelevant, si long as i am not naked , any cloothing will do .

no need branded and 10k suits.

eg. he was fashion director for Chanel and also YSL.

Chanel and YSL is aunty and uncle brand. I am more into uniqlo and H&M as they are more intrend and fashion forward.

Guest disclosed yourself
40 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Chanel and YSL is aunty and uncle brand. I am more into uniqlo and H&M as they are more intrend and fashion forward.

H&M is already totally out in Europe... the kids and trend setters in the West don't go shopping at the outlets and they start having problems already. This wave of ignoring those H&M has not yet spread over to Asia...  but probably will follow soon.

I don't think that "aunty and uncle" have the financial background to shop at Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent, maybe at Patpong street market in Bangkok for the fake ones or name the other places where you can get those fake things....

For most of us those brands are out of reach like a fancy car such as Bentley, Jaguar, Ferrari or Maserati.

On the other hand, judging from the queues at MBS in front of some of these outlets, they don't seem so much outdated as someone might intend to write here.

We should be happy for the tourist spending at the "shoppes" or have our eyes on (ION).....

The only thing I always really loved with the eccentric Karl Lagerfeld was his super strong German accent when he spoke English, reminded me always to these sharp German war tanks...  and some of his (political or day reflection) drawings were really good, he did't need to follow any etiquette....  for the rest, already his sado maso leather gloves... oh my god...

Guys I will call it shots for today. have a good rest out there....

Taane rou kakahi ka moea; taane moe i roto i te whare kurua te takataka.

6 minutes ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

H&M is already totally out in Europe... the kids and trend setters in the West don't go shopping at the outlets and they start having problems already. This wave of ignoring those H&M has not yet spread over to Asia...  but probably will follow soon.

I don't think that "aunty and uncle" have the financial background to shop at Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent, maybe at Patpong street market in Bangkok for the fake ones or name the other places where you can get those fake things....

For most of us those brands are out of reach like a fancy car such as Bentley, Jaguar, Ferrari or Maserati.

On the other hand, judging from the queues at MBS in front of some of these outlets, they don't seem so much outdated as someone might intend to write here.

We should be happy for the tourist spending at the "shoppes" or have our eyes on (ION).....

The only thing I always really loved with the eccentric Karl Lagerfeld was his super strong German accent when he spoke English, reminded me always to these sharp German war tanks...  and some of his (political or day reflection) drawings were really good, he did't need to follow any etiquette....  for the rest, already his sado maso leather gloves... oh my god...

Guys I will call it shots for today. have a good rest out there....

Taane rou kakahi ka moea; taane moe i roto i te whare kurua te takataka.

Just my opinion.. U don't need branded stuff to look good.. Just go to bkk and buy cheap ones and they look equally good too. Uniqlo and HnM is overrated.

Guest disclosed yourself

from the news:

Could Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat Choupette inherit part of $270 million fortune?

Karl Lagerfeld's beloved pet Choupette was already the most famous cat in fashion.

Now, the white fluffy Birman cat that the late German fashion designer doted on could well become the richest feline on the planet, if she inherits a slice of his estimated US$200 million (S$270m) fortune.

The eight-year-old puss has enjoyed a jetset lifestyle eating off silver platters since Lagerfeld "kidnapped" her in 2011 from his young friend, male model Baptiste Giabiconi.

Long before his death on Tuesday at the age of 85, Lagerfeld said he had made sure that Choupette would go on living in the style that she had become accustomed to, with her own personal bodyguard and two maids.

"Choupette is a rich girl," he once told French television, hinting that he had written her into his will. "She has her own fortune," he added, thought to be at least US$3.4 million which she earned with him doing adverts for a German car firm and a Japanese cosmetics brand.

-----------

Hope he donates something to the poor too...

---------------------------------------------------------

Waiho i te toipoto, kaua i te toiroa.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stop The Madness

The original "Beverly Hills 90210" was one of my favourite television shows when I was a teenager, and probably helped augment my eventually fulfilled desires to study in America, and especially California. Rest in peace, Luke Perry, or "Dylan McKay" as the younger version of myself always knew you.

Guest Stop The Madness

I don't think "Riverdale" should recast Luke Perry's role as Archie's father. Since the show is supposed to be a dark version of the old Archie comic books anyway, what could be darker than Archie's father dying? I believe they should write an unexpected death by Archie's father into the storyline and see where that takes them. The character of the father is somewhat important but definitely not indispensable.

Guest guest

2018 and 2019 will be bumper year of flies dropping, one by one.

TMZ reported that JAN MICHAEL VINCENT had died at age 73 from a heart attack at 73 years passed away feb 2019.

he starred in airwolf.

i was a fan of his when i was early teens 

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/trending/airwolf-star-jan-michael-vincent-dead-from-a-heart-attack-at-73-11327436

R.I.P.

JAN MICHAEL VINCENT.

had a crush when i was in my teens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, Guest guest said:

It is a sad story :(

But, at least he had a good youth, although he probably was not aware of that and gave it for granted.

Makes one ponder if Kenneth To (post above) had better luck dying young.

I don't think there is an answer.  To live longer is to have more life,  even if it ends like VIncent's.

One is left wondering...

• 1 month later...
Guest Cleanly Teacher

Here is some more information on Doris Day, since the previous poster was in such a rush to post that she died, without caring that the vast majority of the readers have no idea who she was. Doris Day was an American singer and actress who was quite popular from the 1940s through the 1970s. She lost a lot of her fortune due to a swindling attorney hired by her third husband, and the thefts came to light years after her third husband died, leading to her suing the thieving lawyer all the way to the California Supreme Court.

From a gay perspective, she was a longtime friend of the closeted Hollywood actor (and her sometimes co-star) Rock Hudson, who contracted HIV/AIDS from a money boy in the early 1980s and became one of the first celebrities to die from the disease. Doris was one of the few stars who visited him as he was dying and stood by him until the end. Later in life she became a devoted animal rights activist and, in fact, her fourth husband actually divorced her because he said she cared more for animals than she did for him.

Day's most popular movies include "Calamity Jane" in 1953, "Young At Heart" with Frank Sinatra in 1955, "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with James Stewart in 1956, and "Pillow Talk" with Hudson in 1959. Her best known songs include "Sentimental Journey" in 1945, "Ain't We Got Fun" in 1951,  "Calamity Jane" tune "Secret Love" in 1953, and "TMWKTM" tune "Que Sera Sera" in 1956. She also starred on TV in "The Doris Day Show" from 1968-73 after her third husband, without her knowledge, signed a deal before his death.

Guest Snoopy

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/grumpy-cat-tardar-sauce-dies-aged-7-095506912.html

Grumpy Cat has died: The internet's favourite moggy passes away, aged 7

Amy West
Yahoo Celebrity UKMay 17, 2019, 9:55 AM GMT
Grumpy Cat. the miserable-looking moggy also known as Tardar Sauce, has died (Robin Marchant/Getty Images)
Grumpy Cat. the miserable-looking moggy also known as Tardar Sauce, has died (Robin Marchant/Getty Images)

Grumpy Cat, the internet-famous feline with the permanently frowning face, has died.

Revealing the news on social media, her family said that they were “unimaginably heartbroken to announce the loss of [their] beloved” pet.

“Some days are grumpier than others,” it began.

Read more: 5 things you didn't know about Grumpy Cat

“Despite care from top professionals, as well as from her very loving family, Grumpy encountered complications from a recent urinary tract infection that unfortunately became too tough for her to overcome,” they continued.

“She passed away peacefully on the morning of Tuesday, May 14, at home in the arms of her mommy.

“Besides being our baby and a cherished member of the family, Grumpy Cat has helped millions of people smile around the world - even when times were tough. Her spirit will continue to live on through her fans everywhere.”

Tabatha Bundesen and her cat, Grumpy Cat,whose real name is Tardar Sauce, pose for a photograph on Friday April 4, 2014 in New York. Bundesen says that Grumpy Cat's permanently grumpy-looking face is due to feline dwarfism. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)
Tabatha Bundesen and her cat, Grumpy Cat,whose real name is Tardar Sauce, pose for a photograph on Friday April 4, 2014 in New York. Bundesen says that Grumpy Cat's permanently grumpy-looking face is due to feline dwarfism. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)

Twitter users replied to the tweet in droves, with many describing themselves as “heartbroken” after reading the news.

One fan wrote: “I loved this cat. I had the absolute pleasure of meeting her once and I will never forget it. I will never forget the first time I saw her face!

“I learned much from her and am deeply saddened and devastated to hear of her passing. Love you Tartar Sauce! Long live Grumpy Cat!”

Another simply said: “Farewell, our queen.”

spaceball.gif

Born on 4 April 2012 in Arizona, Grumpy Cat - whose “real” name is Tardar Sauce - rose to fame when Bryan Bundesen, the brother of her owner Tabatha, posted a photograph of her on a Reddit message board.

Before long, her disgruntled expression - which is said to be a side effect of both her underbite and feline dwarfism - had been seen by over one million people, with many claiming that the miserable-looking moggy had been Photoshopped.

SANTA MONICA, CA - JULY 23: Tardar Sauce aka. Grumpy Cat makes appearance at Kitson Santa Monica on July 23, 2013 in Santa Monica, California. (Photo by Rodrigo Vaz/FilmMagic)
SANTA MONICA, CA - JULY 23: Tardar Sauce aka. Grumpy Cat makes appearance at Kitson Santa Monica on July 23, 2013 in Santa Monica, California. (Photo by Rodrigo Vaz/FilmMagic)

She went on to become the face of thousands of memes across the internet, before launching her own website. Now, her visage can be spotted on merchandise all around the world from mugs, trainers and soft toys to calendars and perfume.

Read more: Meet new Grumpy Cat Garfi, the Persian who is furious with everything in life

During her years in the limelight, she accumulated 8.3 million total followers on Facebook, 2.4 million followers on Instagram and 1.5 million followers on Twitter.

Grumpy Cat starred in her own movie in 2014, headlining Lifetime’s made-for-TV Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever, with Aubrey Plaza providing the kitty’s voice. It wasn’t a hit with critics, with The AV Club calling it “the largest t**d in [Lifetime’s] c**p crown of original programming.”

In December 2015, Grumpy Cat was immortalised at waxwork museum Madame Tussauds in San Francisco.

• 2 weeks later...

香港资深艺人李兆基逝世 终年69岁

发布/2019年6月2日 10:30 PM

香港资深艺人李兆基因肝癌扩散至肺部,今天傍晚抢救无效。(互联网)

据香港媒体报道,香港资深艺人李兆基因肝癌扩散至肺部,今天(6月2日)傍晚抢救无效,于香港伊利沙伯医院病逝,终年69岁。

李兆基与黄光亮、成奎安、何家驹被喻为影坛“四大恶人”,擅演恶人角色。

香港演艺人协会主席古天乐接受传媒访问时证实死讯,他表示两天前已知道李兆基情况很差。古天乐说,他会跟李兆基家人保持联络,如有需要,协会将提供协助。

Guest Try and see
On 1/25/2019 at 1:29 AM, Guest Guest said:

Yes I never like her too.  She scolded vulgarity also when I watched somewhere her video. 

She's so fake. 

Jaylee Woo said something like she and Aloysius Pang will be husband and wife in this life and the next life.

I'm just waiting to see how long it will be before she finds a new boyfriend.

2 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Jaylee Woo said something like she and Aloysius Pang will be husband and wife in this life and the next life.

I'm just waiting to see how long it will be before she finds a new boyfriend.

It is better not to make vows where next life is concerned. 

One might not know when one doesn't wanna have a next life. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

https://stars.udn.com/star/story/10091/3850978

震驚!知名主持人賀一航今晚因大腸癌病逝榮總,享壽64歲,他2011年發現罹患大腸癌第三期,後來決定不接受化療,但之前健康狀況看來並無大礙,還和白冰冰主持新節目,如今傳出病逝消息,讓人相當意外。

余天表示,他也是剛收到消息,目前正在趕往榮總的路上,他說收到媒體通知才知道賀一航的消息,並透露賀一航老婆Judy哭得很厲害,他也覺得非常突然,正要去醫院了解狀況中。

主持人賀一航與余天。聯合報系資料照

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

慟!資深藝人賀一航病逝 享壽64歲

2019/06/03 22:10 東森新聞 責任編輯 林偉帆

慟!資深藝人賀一航病逝 享壽64歲

64歲資深藝人賀一航8年前曾被診斷罹患大腸癌三期,日前他在受訪時透露,當時自己開完刀後,3個月就要回診一次,後來醫生問他是否要接受化療,他回應對方要考慮一下後,就沒有再進過醫院,就連健康檢查也沒做過,他還公開自己的秘訣:「我用好吃好睡,生活開心去對抗」。不幸的是,余天老婆李亞萍今(3日)證實,賀一航今在榮總因大腸癌病逝,享壽64歲。

▼賀一航驟逝享壽64歲,余天夫婦悲痛急奔榮總!圖/賀一航臉書

1559600672_31998.jpg

知名主持人賀一航從秀場到主持界縱橫演藝圈40年,2010年因心肌梗塞裝置心臟支架,隔年發現罹患大腸癌第三期,但他開刀後不願接受化療,「要是自己病危,決不要插管急救,要活得有尊嚴。」今晚卻驚傳病逝,享壽64歲。他的好友余天向中央社記者證實,已接獲賀一航妻子電話通知,「我剛剛才接到消息,她哭得很傷心」,目前余天一家人正要前往榮總了解狀況。

1559600710_44703.jpg

過去被確診罹患大腸癌三期的賀一航,在經過手術後,日前他受訪時談到此事,他透露,自己靠著「好吃好睡、生活開心」去戰勝病魔。知名外科醫師劉育志也在臉書指出,事實上「接受手術」才是他續命8年的關鍵,因為的確有些患者,就算沒有化療也能長期存活,不過,之所以會詢問他要不要接受化療,是因為「術後化療」可以增加存活的機率,他也提醒大家,若是罹患大腸癌,最好還是應該聽醫師的建議。

1559600731_61418.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest eragoneby

Blade Runner Star Rutger Hauer Dead at 75

Blade Runner Star Rutger Hauer Dead at 75

Dutch actor Rutger Hauer has passed away, his agent has confirmed (Via Variety). The 75-year-old actor died July 19 in the Netherlands following a short illness.

Born January 23, 1944, Hauer made his official debut on the screen working with fellow Dutch filmmaker Paul Verhoeven, collaborating on the TV series Floris as well as the Academy Award nominated film Turkish Delight. Hauer and Verhoeven continued to collaborate on other projects over the years including Katie Tippe, Soldier of Orange, and Spetters.

The role fans the world over know Hauer for was the murderous replicant Roy Batty in the groundbreaking sci-fi film Blade Runner. Though a commercial failure when it debuted in theaters, the film has gained an immense following in the decades passing with Hauer’s character having one of the most highlighted moments in the entire movie.

Hauer enjoyed an extensive career, starring in over 170 different shows and films including the cult horror film The Hitcher, 80s action-comedy Blind Fury, and the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer feature film among many, many others.

In recent years he has appeared in some fan-favorite shows and films including Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins (likely due to Nolan’s long noted obsession with Blade Runner), the graphic novel adaptation Sin City, the Grindhouse spin-off Hobo With A ShotgunValerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, plus Smallville, True Blood, and Channel Zero.

Hauer is survived by his wife Ineke ten Cate, daughter Aysha Hauer, and one grandchild.

(Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images)

• 3 weeks later...

Veteran actress Ha Ping passes away due to health complications

0c13290f5eca5f2934a88ef51e159b75

14 Aug – Veteran actress Ha Ping (also known as Apple Lo or Teresa Ha) has recently passed away.

As reported on Mingpao, the news was confirmed by godson Gordon Lam, who shared that the actress passed away after two to three weeks of hospitalisation.

"While she was living in the nursing home, she had a stroke. Coupled with diabetes and high blood pressure, her health had deteriorated in recent years," he said.

Gordon stated that he was working in mainland China when he was informed of her dire health situation and rushed to Hong Kong to be with her.

"Mother always said that she is worried that she will be lonely when she goes. I am so happy that I was able to return before that and to see the family there. I promised her to see her off on her final journey," he said.

As for her funeral arrangement, Gordon said that it will be a Buddhist ceremony.

Ha Ping started her career in the 1950s by joining Shaw Brothers, before moving to TVB. Among her known series and films are "Queen Divas", "Return of the Silver Tongue", "The 14 Amazons", and "Hail the Judge".

She was 81.

(Photo source: Mingpao)

• G_M changed the title to Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.