Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

CORONAVIRUS: S'PORE, PLEASE, JUST STAY HOME - THE CIRCUIT BREAKER WORKS ONLY IF WE ALL DO. We are in this state today because we have failed to listen; we have failed to do the right thing.

what a nonsense report again, who is the culprit for the big dormitory cluster? Who is the one discouraging wearing of mask even for service provider?

We are in this state today simply because of incapable team with all the one-step behind measures.

I remember someone say live life as per normal, go for staycations, it’s just a flu, it’s not deadly as SARs, opening up to China tourist soon. Not to mention the blast in the media, healthy no wear mask, it’s this kind of misinformation that we are in this state today.

15 hours ago, feedersmiracle said:

Ohhhhhh

Lockdown liao :ph34r:

Very likely a stricter one,  tell sporean politely but they don't listen, must always come with a fine and jail.....in the neighbourhood area,  u can still see uncles seating there  watching people passby, kids seating in circle  and talking within 1cm from each other, people tabao food and seat by the side to makan, NTUC is even more crowded since it Is the few places that remains open and also people don't need to go office now, in short it simply defeat the purpose of "stay at home".

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Reinfection unlikely among COVID-19 patients, say experts

Some of those who were retested may have appeared to still be infected because “of the quality of the specimen that they took and maybe because the test was not so sensitive,” Professor David Hui of the Chinese University of Hong Kong told Time.

“Viral RNA can last a long time even after the actual virus has been stopped” and could account for such cases, he said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/reinfection-unlikely-among-covid-19-patients-say-experts/

Have to wonder if they are and how infectious are they when they come back. Like depending on how high is the viral load? It’s like HIV and herpes already.

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Very likely a stricter one,  tell sporean politely but they don't listen, must always come with a fine and jail.....in the neighbourhood area,  u can still see uncles seating there  watching people passby, kids seating in circle  and talking within 1cm from each other, people tabao food and seat by the side to makan, NTUC is even more crowded since Is the few place that open and people don't need to work now, in short it simply defeat the purpose of "stay at home" call. 

Cos nowhere to go, so go to where it’s opened. Like those malls close off all the entrances except one where more people cluster fug there.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I remember someone say live life as per normal, go for staycations, it’s just a flu, it’s not deadly as SARs, opening up to China tourist soon. Not to mention the blast in the media, healthy no wear mask, it’s this kind of misinformation that we are in this state today.

And airshow, chingay, CNY dinners all refuse to cancel.

Is not confirm though but if it happens,  is not surprise at all after 3 rounds of financial assistance given.

Sporean are worried about the economy  and job security at times like this and it became clear which party can give them the most security.

Last but not least,  better get it over before we hit a few more thousand cases and people start to realised how badly we have done, In case some still have not realise. 

Also that would mean less time for the opposition to prepare,  so can expect something like 75% VS 25%?

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Try and see
2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

What he said is true.

People are just too snowflakey to accept facts.

It's the same with Lucky Plaza (Filipinos), Peninsula Plaza (Burmese), etc.

And it's usually the male segment of these FTs who create problems e.g. fights, getting drunk, etc.

Yaacob Ibrahim was just stating facts.

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

What he said is true.

And it's usually the male segment of these FTs who create problems e.g. fights, getting drunk, etc.

You want to know what else is a "fact"? Taxpayers paid him millions a year to do a job which he had admitted he couldn't do. But a virus which nobody wanted actually did it free of charge. 

I how you are not too snowflakey to accept this fact. And I'm just stating the facts too. 

Guest Guest
13 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

11pm already and still no release of today's infected number  yet... I wonder if it is some big big numbers again... 150? 200? 

Guest Try and see
1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

You want to know what else is a "fact"? Taxpayers paid him millions a year to do a job which he had admitted he couldn't do. But a virus which nobody wanted actually did it free of charge. 

I how you are not too snowflakey to accept this fact. And I'm just stating the facts too. 

The subject here is not Yaacob Ibrahim's salary. On that note, I personally feel that our ministers are grossly overpaid, but that's another topic for another thread.

My point is that his remarks about FT construction workers disturbing S'pore residents in his consistuency are valid.

And I wouldn't say that the coronavirus is "free of charge", especially if you think about its tremendous costs to our economy, and the thousands of S'poreans whose livelihoods are now at stake.

Free-of-charge indeed  🤦‍♂️

Last point - the way you argue is like a woman i.e. drag in multiple unrelated points and think that that somehow makes you a good debater.  🤦‍♂️

Guest Guest

Last point - the way you argue is like a woman i.e. drag in multiple unrelated points and think that that somehow makes you a good debater.  🤦‍♂️

Clever people look at big picture. Not so intelligent ones look though tunnel vision. Cannot be helped. 

And I wouldn't say that the coronavirus is "free of charge", especially if you think about its tremendous costs to our economy, and the thousands of S'poreans whose livelihoods are now at stake.

You paid the virus any money? If not, in this society, it is called free of charge. 

SINGAPORE - Singapore reported 106 cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday (April 7) said the Ministry of Health (MOH) in its daily update.

Of the total, 103 are local cases and three are imported. They bring the total number of cases here to 1,481.

Among the local cases, links to existing clusters have been established for 52 cases, of which 39 are linked to clusters at foreign worker dormitories. Contact tracing is ongoing for the remaining 41 cases.

7 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

SINGAPORE - Singapore reported 106 cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday (April 7) said the Ministry of Health (MOH) in its daily update.

Of the total, 103 are local cases and three are imported. They bring the total number of cases here to 1,481.

Among the local cases, links to existing clusters have been established for 52 cases, of which 39 are linked to clusters at foreign worker dormitories. Contact tracing is ongoing for the remaining 41 cases.

Sometimes I wonder if it will help if the task force were to name all the Covid19 patients, along with the case number, age and gender. So far, a lot of people are not taking it seriously because they think that even if they get infected (and spread it to others), no one will know it's them, and at most they will just get a free hospital stay and a free resort stay. As someone above put it, Covid19 is "free-of-charge".

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Try and see said:

From the start, the S'pore government was shaming people for wearing masks in public when the Covid19 started.

That was a huge mistake.

And how much money was poured into the media for this campaign. Despite seeing so many cases and incidents in China, while they may be sceptical, the prudent thing should be extra vigilant and err on the side of caution. I’d think they were overconfident as well from our SARs history severely underestimating this virus, thinking it’s a winter flu that subsides in hot weather, and heavily televising these conditioned people to be more lax.

Guest Try and see
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Not so intelligent ones look though tunnel vision. Cannot be helped. 

Yalor. That's why I pity you. 

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

11pm already and still no release of today's infected number  yet... I wonder if it is some big big numbers again... 150? 200? 

Yeah....i watch 10pm ch8 news(mostly watched by old people) , nothing was mentioned...i tot zero case ...

14 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Is not confirm though but if it happens,  is not surprise at all after 3 rounds of financial assistance given.

Sporean are worried about the economy  and job security at times like this and it became clear which party can give them the most security.

Last but not least,  better get it over before we hit a few more thousand cases and people start to realised how badly we have done, In case some still have not realise. 

Also that would mean less time for the opposition to prepare,  so can expect something like 75% VS 25%?

They screw up the whole thing and still asking for strong mandate?

11 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Man  Charged  with  Leaving  Home  for  bak kut teh  while  on  Stay-home  Notice

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/man-charged-leaving-home-bak-kut-teh-while-stay-home-notice

this fellow was a classic idiot!

on march 23, the covid19 situation is already raging on like wild bushfire, yet he posted on his facebook, in details somemore, when he was on flight (from myanmar) back to SG, then going for bak kut teh, in full location details and with food pics, and share his post with friends and public... even after his friend question him on SHN, he said day 0 does not count, and was feeling fantastic...

i caught the whole saga on facebook before his post was removed. 

now looking back at the timimg, it was when many untraceable cases emerges!

such individuals really putting extra stress and workload on frontline people, and a potential risk to the admiralty and woodland community! 

14 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

Yeah....i watch 10pm ch8 news(mostly watched by old people) , nothing was mentioned...i tot zero case ...

Didn’t you hear the newscaster said she has not received any update? Work w the gahmen. Not against them. If you think you are better, go volunteer yourself to serve the public. 

Guest MAGAKAG
9 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Poor thing, 39yo but looking more like 49, the stress from family and work must have really taken a toll on him. 

WASHINGTON (REUTERS) - US President Donald Trump sharply criticised the World Health Organisation (WHO) on Tuesday (April 7), accusing it of being too focused on China and issuing bad advice during the coronavirus outbreak.

"The W.H.O. really blew it," Trump said in a Twitter post.

"For some reason, funded largely by the United States, yet very China centric. We will be giving that a good look. Fortunately I rejected their advice on keeping our borders open to China early on. Why did they give us such a faulty recommendation?"

WHO is definitely helping China to cover up and why do SG still need to donate 500k USD? Why not learnt from Taiwan? 1481in SG  is definitely not acceptable by SG standard and someone have to be hold responsible for it. 

Guest Guest
39 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Didn’t you hear the newscaster said she has not received any update? Work w the gahmen. Not against them. If you think you are better, go volunteer yourself to serve the public. 

Saying that there were no news of the number of infected at 11pm at night is not working against anyone; It was merely stating a FACT. 

We work with people who will lead us to good and safe places, and not just because they are the "government". By the way, these guys are not "volunteers"; The are paid MILLIONS of dollars each year to do their job. Why are you asking us to work with people who told us that healthy people no need to wear masks, go for "staycations", live life as normal?   

Even if you want to remain blind, at least make sure you don't follow some other blind people; And even if you want to follow other blind people, don't tell others to do the same. 

File:Blind Leading the Blind by Lee Mclaughlin.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Guest Try and see
50 minutes ago, Guest MAGAKAG said:

Poor thing, 39yo but looking more like 49, the stress from family and work must have really taken a toll on him. 

Yeah. At first I also thought he is in his late 40s.

Additionally, flying ages the skin very fast - the dry air, cabin pressure, constant exposure to UV rays at high altitudes, having to adjust to different time zones all the time, etc.

Very poor thing, because for pilots it's nearly impossible for them to switch industry without a drastic pay cut.

13 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

What he said is true.

12 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

The subject here is not Yaacob Ibrahim's salary. On that note, I personally feel that our ministers are grossly overpaid, but that's another topic for another thread.

My point is that his remarks about FT construction workers disturbing S'pore residents in his consistuency are valid.

Try and See, Welcome back!

Please register a member account. It makes things easier. Think about it.

Maybe he was stating facts but he never did anything serious to change the situation, nor for the residents or the workers.

Yaacob Ibrahim apologises for Facebook post remark on foreign workers gathering near Kallang MRT: Report

Sure I have seen other insensitive remarks with bigger impact or more extreme as his.

There is a reason why "these people" congregate at such places on the weekends.

However, with a Malay background he should be aware on cramped family situations with 4 generations living in a 2 room HDB flat, sometimes even 2 sons or daughters staying in such small housings here. I just need to walk the corridors in some areas to see (For completeness the situation might not be better for some Chinese or Indian families in HDBs) .

What shall these people do in their leisure? Stick in the house all together and play happy family life? No, they go out, some go fishing at the canals, take some grandsons and escape the cramped conditions. These family lives are like a pigeon house anyway, some leaving or coming back from work others going to work.

And now we take those Foreign workers, sleeping with 6 - 8 other guys in one room, corridor to corridor, rooms to rooms. We even learnt, there are 20,000 in one single dormitory, some dormitories even three different near to each other, having less the size of a HDB block. What do you expect these guys to do on the short weekend they have? Sit on their double bed? Queue to get a chance to play table tennis? Watch Bollywood movies on their handphones in their double beds the whole day? Don't we also go out and have a drink with friends on weekends?

Yes, his post was extremely insensitive, if as a part of the Government you never thought how to increase leisure opportunities or areas to those workers, you somehow still make remarks about them gathering below MRT lines with green patches??? You want to tell them not to stroll out of the cramped dorms???

"He [Yaacob Ibrahim] added that residents had been affected by the litters and noise caused by foreign workers gathering in the area."

Then, tackle the issue and create some spaces at areas, where the congregating Foreign Workers won't annoy the residents. There is still sufficient space and green patches around in Singapore. Just make sure, there is some shop nearby and put up some toilets and dust bins please.

Great, you even started your career as the Minister of Community Development and Sports, and for sure know how to get things done or moved.

Complaining just like the aunties at the wet markets don't get things rolling...

This is one of the good things on the Covid19 crisis to highlight the areas in society which still require attention.

Edited by singalion
added "in one room" to avoid guys getting wrong thoughts

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, mith said:

on march 23, the covid19 situation is already raging on like wild bushfire, yet he posted on his facebook, in details somemore, when he was on flight (from myanmar) back to SG, then going for bak kut teh, in full location details and with food pics, and share his post with friends and public... even after his friend question him on SHN, he said day 0 does not count, and was feeling fantastic...

such individuals really putting extra stress and workload on frontline people, and a potential risk to the admiralty and woodland community! 

I believe he knew that the SHN commences immediately upon touchdown i.e. Day 0. He just didn't give a f**k.

And being an attention whore, he posted everything online, thereby shooting himself in the foot.

1 hour ago, Guest MAGAKAG said:

24 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Yeah. At first I also thought he is in his late 40s.

Additionally, flying ages the skin very fast - the dry air, cabin pressure, constant exposure to UV rays at high altitudes, having to adjust to different time zones all the time, etc.

Very poor thing, because for pilots it's nearly impossible for them to switch industry without a drastic pay cut.

Y din he quit without being accepted by the airlines first?

As a pilot, does he not have saving to sustain unemployment? 

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Try and see

Hot Doctor Answers TOP 10 Coronavirus FAQs

1. Pets Transmit The Virus? 0:11

2. Wash Produce w/ Soap? 0:47

3. Quarantine Party? 1:17

4. Can I Protect Myself w/ Supplements? 1:52

5. How Can I Optimize My Immune System? 2:36

6. Is this virus Airborne? 3:35

7. How to Lower Anxiety/Depressive Symptoms? 4:45

8. Is Ibuprofen Safe To Take? 5:32

9. Should We ALL Wear Masks? 6:10

10. Is Food Delivery Safe? 7:14

Guest Try and see
2 minutes ago, singalion said:

You must be depraved of sexual encounters at the moment, hm I wonder why. 🤣

I definitely am  LOL

4 minutes ago, singalion said:

What lockdown? You meant the circuit breaker or partial shutdown I assume...

Yes, that's the one. The government avoids using the term "lockdown" because it would make S'pore seem like a police state. 

I'm nearly bored out of my skull and it's only day 2! LOL

Still, hope you are coping well. You can keep an online diary for it but maybe post it on a blog with a password? 

Guest whore
2 hours ago, mith said:

now looking back at the timimg, it was when many untraceable cases emerges!

can only say this guy deserve it and serve him right!

no common sense at all!

its a SHN, he think he can choose when he wanna start?

brainless!

and worse, went on to be an attention whore

no pity at all!

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, singalion said:

Sure, some have a dick but still act like those aunties in the wet markets.... 🙄

👍

I don't mind people having a different opinion, but resorting to auntie-styled arguing tactics is just a waste of my time and forum thread space.

Guest Try and see

A bit too much.

Old uncle want to eat alone in the void deck also get arrested.

Maybe his daughter-in-law at home is very abusive e.g. always yells at him when he is eating. That's why he prefers to eat outdoors. Furthermore he was alone; not disturbing people.

Is there really a need to arrest him?

COVID-19: Man, 71, arrested after he insisted on eating at void deck, refused to leave

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-man-arrested-void-deck-eating-police-refused-leave-12620530

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, fab said:

Y din he quit without being accepted by the airlines first?

The pilot is from SilkAir which is undergoing merging into SIA and a "local budget airline" right now. So it is just a mater of time that he needs to leave SilkAir. In this case, I think the pilot might have signed the employment contract with the "local budget airlines", but he has not started his first day of work yet, i.e. inducted. That's why he has already quit his previous job.  

Most people have the idea that they are being accepted by the company because they have signed the employment contract. And therefore, the usual procedure is for people to sign the employment contract with the other party, and then quit their jobs. But are you aware that the employee-employer relationship does NOT start simply because the contract has been signed? it starts on the first day of work. So between the period that the person quit his previous job, and his very first day of work, the employer can renegade the contract and MOM will not step in to enforce the Employment Act on them, not that the Employment Act is applicable for pilots in the first place. ( https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/contract-of-service/if-a-new-employee-has-signed-a-letter-of-employment-but-does-not-show-up-for-work-what-can-an-employer-do)

The only option the pilot has, is to use his own money to file a civil suit against the "local budget airline" for a breach of contract, and this can be an expensive affair as it is a personal private case against an entire corporation. And even if the "local budget airline" takes him into the company as a fulfillment of the contract, the "local budget airline" can immediately retrench him, or worse, fire him for the slightest excuse. This was what happened in 2011 during the Lehman Brother's crisis period around 2011. 

Our laws were never meant to protect employees in Singapore. Good luck to anyone who think it does. 

3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Ohhhh...sorry no update....my fault.

But when issue POFMA, update super fast.

Sigh...hopeless ppl.

Guest Guest
55 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

The pilot is from SilkAir which is undergoing merging into SIA and a "local budget airline" right now. So it is just a mater of time that he needs to leave SilkAir. In this case, I think the pilot might have signed the employment contract with the "local budget airlines", but he has not started his first day of work yet, i.e. inducted. That's why he has already quit his previous job.  

Most people have the idea that they are being accepted by the company because they have signed the employment contract. And therefore, the usual procedure is for people to sign the employment contract with the other party, and then quit their jobs. But are you aware that the employee-employer relationship does NOT start simply because the contract has been signed? it starts on the first day of work. So between the period that the person quit his previous job, and his very first day of work, the employer can renegade the contract and MOM will not step in to enforce the Employment Act on them, not that the Employment Act is applicable for pilots in the first place. ( https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/contract-of-service/if-a-new-employee-has-signed-a-letter-of-employment-but-does-not-show-up-for-work-what-can-an-employer-do)

The only option the pilot has, is to use his own money to file a civil suit against the "local budget airline" for a breach of contract, and this can be an expensive affair as it is a personal private case against an entire corporation. And even if the "local budget airline" takes him into the company as a fulfillment of the contract, the "local budget airline" can immediately retrench him, or worse, fire him for the slightest excuse. This was what happened in 2011 during the Lehman Brother's crisis period around 2011. 

Our laws were never meant to protect employees in Singapore. Good luck to anyone who think it does. 

Forget about suing ....it happened during SARs period with SIA too ....the expatriate pilot quit his previous airline , bring his family over ...but when SQ halted the training  .....he was being left jobless 

Thinking out loud. Isn't situation already bad enough? Yet some many are more concern with sharing negativity? Maybe we all need to sit and ponder for a moment, what have we done to help with situations? 

Saw this and tot, just maybe... maybe... some of us might be glad to read. 

Inter-agency taskforce springs into action to clean up S11 dorm after 'horrible' images & video surface

S11 Dormitory explained that its management took some time to react to the lockdown announcement, which came suddenly on April 5.

Jane Zhang| clock.png April 07, 11:02 PM

https://mothership.sg/2020/04/s11-dorm-conditions/

Imho, what happened cannot be undone with more negatives inputs. But glad the highlighting brought some actions. It was unimaginable when we see how the sudden declaration that the dorms would be considered isolated areas. The amount of innocents stuck in that predicament. Let prey we all get out of this madness soon, safe & sound. 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Try and see said:

👍

I don't mind people having a different opinion, but resorting to auntie-styled arguing tactics is just a waste of my time and forum thread space.

Auntie-style arguing like yours? You very keen to start a flame war? 

42 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Daiso 5 outlets  allowed to be opened ......let’s go shopping again 

I wonder what is so "essential" in Daiso that u can't find in NTUC?  Tele shop are also allowed to open, how " essential" is that? 

Likewise I don't think all hotels are closed,  is more like up to their own discretion.

Guest Try and see
53 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Auntie-style arguing like yours? You very keen to start a flame war? 

As a man, I'll let you go first. (Ladies first, they always say.)

You can hit me very hard on the bicep with your Prada handbag or purse, like a frustrated Korean tai tai.  👧

I badly need a workout since all the gyms are closed   💪

Guest Guest
56 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I wonder what is so "essential" in Daiso that u can't find in NTUC?

Even NTUC is inching up their prices already, OK? Things that can still sell at $2 at Daiso are really essential to help us save $$$$ right now... 

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic