Male HQ

Berhenti - A Military Story

Guest Wordsareallihave

Guest Wordsareallihave

Disclaimer: This story is loosed based on a real-life experience. Names of people and places have been changed but the essence of the story remains true.

Berhenti: A Military Story - Part 14

It felt surreal standing over Arun's lifeless body in the casket. Dressed in a suit with his hair styled, he looked every much the handsome man I had seen not too long ago. The visitors and the crying family were all just a little too much to take. I retire with James to the carpark of the parlour as he took a smoke break.

"I heard they were in KL for a family trip. When he's there he usually gets around on the father-in-law's motorbike. He went out to buy dinner with his brother-in-law. Got hit by an oncoming car. The brother-in-law survived with some injuries but Arun died on the spot."

Died. A word I simply could not associate with a man I had just been with days ago. The only real intimate relationship I had ever been in and now it was cruel taken away. In between relatives and friends paying their respects, I stole glances at Arun when we went back in. They were momentary and not too long as the last thing his family needed to know was that I was more than just a friend to Arun.

"You're the one we saw in Ho Chi Minh. Arun was talking the whole time about you. How you were really good buddies back in army."

A teary-eyed Emily spoke to me about how Arun had spoken about numerous experiences together. Perhaps not our intimate ones but the ones that had created a deep impression not only for him but for me as well. Because before our relationship became physical, he was always such a great friend. I just couldn't believe I was losing him.

"You guys met in Ho Chi Minh?"

I spoke more to James about our chance meeting which led to Arun and I reconnecting again. About how we met up for dinner one night and continued to chat. I left out the details of how we had gotten closer as that was a union I'd rather kept private. 

"You going to Mandai?"

I honestly couldn't bring myself to see Arun for that final time as he gets wheeled into the chamber of fire and gas. It would be far too painful to watch and it really wasn't how I wanted to remember Arun. I wanted to simply remember that beautiful man. Those hypnotic eyes, that crooked smile but most of all that warmth and tenderness I had the pleasure of having even if for a short time.

James drove to the beach where we talked about the wacky and fun stories of our past experiences with Arun. I couldn't really contribute much as my mind was filled with thoughts of Arun and our time together. I struggled to hold back my emotions and most importantly my tears. Perhaps James could see it as we sat on the bench, looking out to the sea.

"It must have been hard for you. You guys were close."

I nodded. We definitely were. James stirred a bit before putting his hand on mine. I was confused. James took a breath.

"I saw you guys together once. In the shower."

I pulled away. I couldn't believe it. We had been so careful in the few times that we had been intimate and yet we were caught.

"I didn't like watch or anything. I left as soon as I saw you both."

I took a breath. All this time, I thought no one knew. I felt so embarrassed. I begged him not to tell anyone. To Arun's family especially. James looked shocked.

"Bro, you think I told you to out you? You have nothing to be ashamed about. You guys did nothing wrong. And I could see today, that you really loved him."

Those words hit me hard. Yes, Arun was a beautiful man. A beautiful body, beautiful smile. But it was more than that. He was a beautiful soul and somehow I had fallen for that. It was more than just physical. I loved him. That's when I knew I couldn't hold back anymore. 

I cried out loud as the tears kept falling. I had lost the only man I ever loved, could love. He was no more and yet we never really told our love for one another. He had tried many times but I had never come out and said it to him. And now I would never get the chance to ever say that I loved him. James held me close as I continue to let out all my emotions.

James drove me back home. Told me to stay strong and to keep in touch. He assured me that I could call him anytime. I thank him for today and make my way back home. After my shower, I lay on my bed, thinking of Arun. Wishing he was beside me. His strong body next to mine, holding me close. His scent enveloping him as he flashes that crooked smile at me. None of that would ever happen again and I had to content with just living in his beautiful memory. I close my eyes, eager to see him in my dreams where he will live forever.

End of Part 14

P.S. Thank you for all you had read my story and continued to follow it. It has been almost three years since Arun's passing and I felt I was finally ready to share this chapter of my life. It was a short but a beautiful part of my life that I will never forget it. I don't think I will ever find a love like I had with Arun and that is okay as that experience is something I will keep with me for a lifetime. To all I just want to say, cherish today, enjoy today and love immensely today because tomorrow may never be.

Thank you for all the love. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Wordsareallihave said:

Disclaimer: This story is loosed based on a real-life experience. Names of people and places have been changed but the essence of the story remains true.

It felt surreal standing over Arun's lifeless body in the casket. Dressed in a suit with his hair styled, he looked every much the handsome man I had seen not too long ago. The visitors and the crying family were all just a little too much to take. I retire with James to the carpark of the parlour as he took a smoke break.

"I heard they were in KL for a family trip. When he's there he usually gets around on the father-in-law's motorbike. He went out to buy dinner with his brother-in-law. Got hit by an oncoming car. The brother-in-law survived with some injuries but Arun died on the spot."

Died. A word I simply could not associate with a man I had just been with days ago. The only real intimate relationship I had ever been in and now it was cruel taken away. In between relatives and friends paying their respects, I stole glances at Arun when we went back in. They were momentary and not too long as the last thing his family needed to know was that I was more than just a friend to Arun.

"You're the one we saw in Ho Chi Minh. Arun was talking the whole time about you. How you were really good buddies back in army."

A teary-eyed Emily spoke to me about how Arun had spoken about numerous experiences together. Perhaps not our intimate ones but the ones that had created a deep impression not only for him but for me as well. Because before our relationship became physical, he was always such a great friend. I just couldn't believe I was losing him.

I spoke more to James about our chance meeting which led to Arun and I reconnecting again. About how we met up for dinner one night and continued to chat. I left out the details of how we had gotten closer as that was a union I'd rather kept private. 

"You going to Mandai?"

I honestly couldn't bring myself to see Arun for that final time as he gets wheeled into the chamber of fire and gas. It would be far too painful to watch and it really wasn't how I wanted to remember Arun. I wanted to simply remember that beautiful man. Those hypnotic eyes, that crooked smile but most of all that warmth and tenderness I had the pleasure of having even if for a short time.

James drove to the beach where we talked about the wacky and fun stories of our past experiences with Arun. I couldn't really contribute much as my mind was filled with thoughts of Arun and our time together. I struggled to hold back my emotions and most importantly my tears. Perhaps James could see it as we sat on the bench, looking out to the sea.

I nodded. We definitely were. James stirred a bit before putting his hand on mine. I was confused. James took a breath.

I pulled away. I couldn't believe it. We had been so careful in the few times that we had been intimate and yet we were caught.

I took a breath. All this time, I thought no one knew. I felt so embarrassed. I begged him not to tell anyone. To Arun's family especially. James looked shocked.

"Bro, you think I told you to out you? You have nothing to be ashamed about. You guys did nothing wrong. And I could see today, that you really loved him."

Those words hit me hard. Yes, Arun was a beautiful man. A beautiful body, beautiful smile. But it was more than that. He was a beautiful soul and somehow I had fallen for that. It was more than just physical. I loved him. That's when I knew I couldn't hold back anymore. 

I cried out loud as the tears kept falling. I had lost the only man I ever loved, could love. He was no more and yet we never really told our love for one another. He had tried many times but I had never come out and said it to him. And now I would never get the chance to ever say that I loved him. James held me close as I continue to let out all my emotions.

James drove me back home. Told me to stay strong and to keep in touch. He assured me that I could call him anytime. I thank him for today and make my way back home. After my shower, I lay on my bed, thinking of Arun. Wishing he was beside me. His strong body next to mine, holding me close. His scent enveloping him as he flashes that crooked smile at me. None of that would ever happen again and I had to content with just living in his beautiful memory. I close my eyes, eager to see him in my dreams where he will live forever.

End of Part 14

P.S. Thank you for all you had read my story and continued to follow it. It has been almost three years since Arun's passing and I felt I was finally ready to share this chapter of my life. It was a short but a beautiful part of my life that I will never forget it. I don't think I will ever find a love like I had with Arun and that is okay as that experience is something I will keep with me for a lifetime. To all I just want to say, cherish today, enjoy today and love immensely today because tomorrow may never be.

Such a sad ending... it must be painful for you. Big hugs 

13 minutes ago, tinkymale said:

Such a sad ending... it must be painful for you. Big hugs 

Yeah ~ beautiful and yet sad story.  But its time for you to come out and hunt for new adventure and love! ~

Edited by Kimochi

20 minutes ago, Guest Wordsareallihave said:

End of Part 14

Thanks for sharing the story and I admire your courage to relate the experience to us. Life is short and unpredictable. Do treasure what lies ahead. When one door closes, another will open. Stay strong!

19 minutes ago, Guest Wordsareallihave said:

"You going to Mandai?"

End of Part 14

Life is full of ups and downs. With every down, we become stronger.

I'm sure Arun will be watching over you and want you to be happy. Both of you can't be together in this life but you still have a chance to be with him in your next life.

Take care. Hugs 

I am one of those who read all the parts u wrote.  So sorry to read the ending. Very sad and wonder how unpredictable life may be. Felt that I should write something here.  Hope u r keeping well.. 

Great writing n use of suspense and pauses at the right places to keep us craving for more.  Erotic at times, with such vivid description of the sex u had with Arun, amongst others.. one of the best encounters I have read!

Take care and be well.  Bless. 

Damn... that wasn't the ending I was expecting. Usually a lurker but somehow I feel compelled to post today after reading this.

If the timeline is accurate, then you guys were on tekong around 07/08... so either an earlier batch or the same batch as the one i was in.

It's bizarre to have been following this story since the beginning, only to realise now that these events probably happened around the same time as when I was coming to terms with my own sexuality in the army. Your tekong experience was better than mine, but what happened after breaks my heart. 

It must have been tough writing the last few parts... was wondering why the frequency slowed down after part 10, guess this was why.

I hope that writing it down has helped you process the trauma, and that you're doing well now. 

Thank you so much for sharing. Take care.

8 hours ago, Guest Wordsareallihave said:

It must've been so, very, tough to have undergone that painful period. Really hope better things will come to you soon.

HUGS. ❤

9 hours ago, gpfun said:

Thanks for sharing the story and I admire your courage to relate the experience to us. Life is short and unpredictable. Do treasure what lies ahead. When one door closes, another will open. Stay strong!

Which door? Shower cubicle door is it?

Guest TakeCare

No one could fully comprehend what you went through. It sure took a lot courage for you to share your story. For that, thank you! We may not know who you are, but do know that you're loved.

I somehow feel that something must hv gone wrong after reading Part 13, however i still feel very sad after reading the end part. Thank you very much for sharing ur story with us. I am so touch and speechless. Ur story made me believe in love again, between two human, regardless the gender , which is not important at all, i hv not felt it for long, ever since i watch Brokeback mountain.

Life lives once, but i believe u live it to ur fullest with him, no regrets almost it has no perfect ending. Life goes on, u shld live stronger and happier for him, my blessing to u bro.

Im from Malaysia. Staying at Malaysia. I thank this forum for me to get to know ur life stories..hugs.

On 7/26/2020 at 1:14 PM, Guest Wordsareallihave said:

End of Part 14

😢 Thank you for sharing with us your story. Stay strong! 💪

End of Part 14

Dear bro, thank you for sharing. Frankly and unashamedly, I haven't teared so badly for a long long time even as I write this. Your note at the end was simply heartbreaking. For a few moments I wish it was just a story. Am at a lost for words.

Glad you're cherishing the wonderful memories and not allow sadness to overwhelm you. Surely Arun would want to see you live well and healthy and happy. But I also hope that you would still find the luv you shared with Arun in another person in time to come. I believe Arun would have wanted that for you too. Pl forgive me if I have said the wrong thing.

Hugs and lots of luv from us all.

Edited by yuquidam

That's when I knew I couldn't hold back anymore. 

I cried out loud as the tears kept falling. I had lost the only man I ever loved, could love. He was no more and yet we never really told our love for one another. He had tried many times but I had never come out and said it to him. And now I would never get the chance to ever say that I loved him. ....

Was surprise that these words still bring tears to my eyes when I just read them again. It just reminded of the sudden lost of a buddy (straight) and a family member... it's really a very painful experience for anyone to go through - a lost of close one, especially when it was sudden. Please treasure your loved ones.

Edited by yuquidam

• 8 months later...
Guest Reagankoh416

"You going to Mandai?"

End of Part 14

thats really a sad ending to end it, thank you for sharing the story

Edited by Reagankoh416

• 1 month later...

"You going to Mandai?"

End of Part 14

Rip Arun, I hope u will continue write your story. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Such a sad ending, and so bitter sweet that both of them finally got to experience the love and intimacy they had for each other. Feels so sad that such a deep connection was lost forever, that they never got to love each. Must be heartbreaking to feel such a lost for someone you care, yearn and love so deeply for. Thanks for sharing your story. Take care. 😢

• 2 months later...

"You going to Mandai?"

End of Part 14

just get to read it today and finish up everything and I am really sad to know what happen to Arun... I hope you will find someone as good as Arun since then and hope things are good for u. HUGS 💗

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.