Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

On 4/28/2022 at 3:22 PM, bluerunner said:

Long weekend is coming. I think many people will be taking tomorrow (Friday) off and some may even take the entire next week off. 
Do expect crowd at the pool. I am hoping those taking off will flock to Malaysia or go oversea. Hehe. 

Can have fun at the shower s

Tried night swim at both Bukit Batok and Hougang after the SMMs easing measures without slot booking. Despite the cold after rain weather the water is lukewarm. Comparing to SAFRA pools, think this is activeSG pools unique selling point.

On the topic of Zigzag warriors, there is another group of ignorant warriors who can’t understand the meaning of continuous circling swim lane. Even old uncles also can understand and yet some still trying to rest or swim laps inside the designated lanes.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, Swimfun said:

Tried night swim at both Bukit Batok and Hougang after the SMMs easing measures without slot booking. Despite the cold after rain weather the water is lukewarm. Comparing to SAFRA pools, think this is activeSG pools unique selling point.

On the topic of Zigzag warriors, there is another group of ignorant warriors who can’t understand the meaning of continuous circling swim lane. Even old uncles also can understand and yet some still trying to rest or swim laps inside the designated lanes.

Yah! Those who don't follow the continuous circling swim rule, I feel like just swimming into them! 

On 4/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, bluerunner said:

Was about to leave my home for the pool at 11am but I saw dark cloudy outside my house. So I changed my mind and had lunch instead. Guess what? The sun came out again and it was bright and sunny!! 
Stomach is already full w food … looking at the bright sunny sky….. 🙄 lor. 

it's ok to swim right after a meal haha, it takes time to commute to the pool also

On 4/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, bluerunner said:

Was about to leave my home for the pool at 11am but I saw dark cloudy outside my house. So I changed my mind and had lunch instead. Guess what? The sun came out again and it was bright and sunny!! 
Stomach is already full w food … looking at the bright sunny sky….. 🙄 lor. 

managed to have a quick swim just now... gotten lap lane just to myself ✌

Had my weekend swim at my regular pool after the ease of restrictions this Monday. 
Saw some regulars are back at the pool. Kid swimming lesson are back too and for some reasons, they must all occupy the deep pool where the kids could barely complete 25m. Why don’t use tue training pool like what they used to do for the past 2years?! 
Needless to say, the irritating cruisers are back trolling the shower room. 😓💩

One thing that keeps me happy and contented is that I get a quiet lane and did my laps. 
I did not overstay. Chop chop get my laps done and leave. Maybe I should up my laps. 🤔

On 4/30/2022 at 1:32 PM, bluerunner said:

Had my weekend swim at my regular pool after the ease of restrictions this Monday. 
Saw some regulars are back at the pool. Kid swimming lesson are back too and for some reasons, they must all occupy the deep pool where the kids could barely complete 25m. Why don’t use tue training pool like what they used to do for the past 2years?! 
Needless to say, the irritating cruisers are back trolling the shower room. 😓💩

One thing that keeps me happy and contented is that I get a quiet lane and did my laps. 
I did not overstay. Chop chop get my laps done and leave. Maybe I should up my laps. 🤔

Those ignorant cruisers seriously annoying. Is so obvious that they are not there to swim, instead kept walking in and out of the washroom and some even camp inside.

I ever witness someone complaint/ report suspicious ppl camping inside the toilet until the lifeguard went in and check on them then they Paiseh faster pack and leave haha 

Went swimming at Jalan Besar on Thursday around 7:15 pm. The 50m pool was split into 4 lanes. Only 1 lane needs to swim in circle (the one next to the right lane for the aerobic), the rest can do laps to and fro.

I think each pool has its arrangement.

Suggest best check with the lifeguard first what's the arrangement. Not that nice if bumped into others on the lane that doesn't require to swim circle, yet making remarks about others who are doing laps. 

Edited by Geo
Clarification
On 4/30/2022 at 2:42 PM, Swimfun said:

Those ignorant cruisers seriously annoying. Is so obvious that they are not there to swim, instead kept walking in and out of the washroom and some even camp inside.

I ever witness someone complaint/ report suspicious ppl camping inside the toilet until the lifeguard went in and check on them then they Paiseh faster pack and leave haha 

I'm not sure if it's sabotaging our own kind but I do complain to lifeguards if I feel the cruisers are becoming a nuisance. Usually, the staff will check on them and the cruisers will leave. This helps other pool users (both PLUs and straights) to have a peace of mind when taking an innocent shower or changing in the room. My concern is that they may have recording devices hiding in their bag (or some acting as if they are on a phone call but might be secretly video-recording).

So I hope ppl here would also do the same before matters get worse. I feel that if u want to have fun, we have saunas and apps for that. There's a time and place for everything. Don't be a public nuisance just because you are damn free.

When it comes to Guest accounts in BW, it is always best to take their words with a pinch of salt or to ignore them. 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:29 AM, Luciusc said:

Wondering about this "continuous circling swim lane" etiquette...

My stamina quite CMI so I would stand at one end to catch my breath, but I try to move away from incoming people.

Should I like get out of the pool to catch my breath though?

You should get yourself out of lap lane. Lap lane is for those who can and will do continuous lap swimming. 
If you can only swim a lap and need to stand at the end of the pool to catch your breath, choose another lane that allows you to do so. 
If you cannot even complete a lap without stopping, go to the training pool and practice. 
That is swimming etiquette 101 free lesson. 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:29 AM, Luciusc said:

Wondering about this "continuous circling swim lane" etiquette...

My stamina quite CMI so I would stand at one end to catch my breath, but I try to move away from incoming people.

Should I like to get out of the pool to catch my breath though?

I think it's ok to stay in the water.

If you are at the circling swim lane, when taking a break, can try to stay as left or right of the lane as possible.

I would say the same practice if you are sharing a lap lane with someone else. Leave the middle part for others to flip and continue their swim.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:07 PM, Geo said:

I think it's ok to stay in the water.

If you are at the circling swim lane, when taking a break, can try to stay as left or right of the lane as possible.

I would say the same practice if you are sharing a lap lane with someone else. Leave the middle part for others to flip and continue their swim.

Now that the pool has opened up, and more people are expected to return, I still see some people who refuse to "share lane". 

Some observations:

1.  In the lap lane, instead of swimming to the left or right, he chooses to swim right in the middle.

2. In the lap lane again, instead of following the traffic, he must swim to and fro. The more hard working lifeguards will then tell him to swim in anti-clockwise. Some lifeguards simple bo chap. As long as no one is fighting, do all you want.

3. Some pool users do not look where they swim. Maybe I should say, they die die must swim in their preferred lane, even if that means they have to squeeze into someone's lane and try robbing the lane even if there are other lanes available.

@bluerunner @Geo 
I can complete at best 4 laps before I have to stop, yeap thanks for the tips. Realized I've been randomly on lap and non-lap lanes in the past lol (but definitely not a zigzagger)

Now that pools have opened up, I can see more clearly just now the difference beween "lap lane" and "non-lap lane".

At least the one I'm at, there was a lap lane signboard in the middle 2 lanes, defined by the 2 floaty strings. The 3 lanes on the 2 sides were where all the swimming coaching were taking place, which I guess are the non-lap lanes.

Edited by Luciusc
On 5/1/2022 at 7:21 PM, Luciusc said:

@bluerunner @Geo 
I can complete at best 4 laps before I have to stop, yeap thanks for the tips. Realized I've been randomly on lap and non-lap lanes in the past lol (but definitely not a zigzagger)

Now that pools have opened up, I can see more clearly just now the difference beween "lap lane" and "non-lap lane".

At least the one I'm at, there was a lap lane signboard in the middle 2 lanes, defined by the 2 floaty strings. The 3 lanes on the 2 sides were where all the swimming coaching were taking place, which I guess are the non-lap lanes.

You are right. There are signages indicate as lap lane for circular continuous swim. This was in practice way before covid, therefore no need to ask the lifeguard as they got better things to do. If there is no signage and someone approach you ask them to go f**k spider.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:39 PM, Swimfun said:

I think majority of us do not have a problem with cruisers BUT we have an issue with camper. Please do not CAMP inside the toilet and trying to pack, unpack, repack, etc… if someone is interested in you things will happen else please go home

Edited by aftereightme
t
On 5/1/2022 at 7:39 PM, Swimfun said:

I think majority of us do not have a problem with cruisers BUT we have an issue with camper. Please do not CAMP inside the toilet and trying to pack, unpack, repack, etc… if someone is interested in you things will happen else please go home and sleep.

Camper is not easy to report. What can you complain? He is just camping peacefully in the shower room and enjoying ‘scenic view’. See only, hands no touch. Lifeguard cannot do anything also. 

I went Katong today since Wed is  KBSC maintenance day and still NA during lunch.

When I reached there was a tall guy changing. He is like Clark Kent kind tho not so muscular. He had a huge bulge in his undies. Then in the pool there are two guys and a bikini babe swimming (looks cheena). The guys are OK look and bod. Didn't see up close actually. In the changing room again there was a bespectacled unker same trunks color as me (red/black, I also unker) and he was taking his sweet time changing up. And he did take a good look at my fugly naked bod while I was drying up. At one point can see his trunks bulging up. Later the construction ppl come in use the toilet one by one so he couldn't waste any more time and promptly got out of the changing room.

Annoying old and out-of-shape obvious cruisers spotted at Katong pool today when it was full with kids today. These uncles are really damn annoying and they don't care if there are small kids around. Please take care of your kids and yourself at this pool. As for me, it is time to avoid this pool altogether.

When it comes to Guest accounts in BW, it is always best to take their words with a pinch of salt or to ignore them. 

On 5/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, Thatwasawes said:

Annoying old and out-of-shape obvious cruisers spotted at Katong pool today when it was full with kids today. These uncles are really damn annoying and they don't care if there are small kids around. Please take care of your kids and yourself at this pool. As for me, it is time to avoid this pool altogether.

It is now easier to see naked men mah - if they don't change in the cubicle...hahaha

left-view.jpeg

right-view.jpeg

Edited by dexter9898
On 5/6/2022 at 10:04 AM, dexter9898 said:

It is now easier to see naked men mah - if they don't change in the cubicle...hahaha

left-view.jpeg

right-view.jpeg

And the shower tiles can also see the reflection of the person showering next door. 

As I was leaving my home for swim, the weather was sunny and I thought  myself, ‘Great weather!’

In the bus, I saw dark cloudy as I was approaching my destination. I told myself, ‘Please don’t rain for the next 45-60min…’ 

Too bad, the sky started to pour as I was just 2 bus stop away from the pool. No choice, I decided to go for lunch and then sit around for the next 2hrs. 
Queued for my favourite food, waited for a while. Soon I got my food and guess what? The rain has stopped!!! I was like 🙄

Sat at a corner and finished my lunch. As I looked up; the weather was bright and sunny! I was like super LL lor. 🤭

Now I am waiting …. See how’s the weather and the condition of the pool in about 2hrs time … 😴

On 4/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, Swimfun said:

haha I know how you feel! quite alot of such ppl doing it at Hougang pool... 

After yesterday’s uneventful attempt to swim, I was defiant this morning and went to the pool despite the morning drizzle. 
My tenancy got paid off. Upon reaching the pool, the rain stopped and there wasn’t any crowd at the pool besides kids swimming lesson that occupied the outer most lanes on both sides and a fit daddy swimming beside my lane. 
The water was not too cold and the morning sun came out after that. 
Finally, a good swim. 
Happy Sunday.