Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

Posting this here and then at KBSC thread:

Today there were more swimmers at KBSC despite the cloudy weather.

The noteworthy one was the very fit guy in navy trunks. He could swim freestyle fast and nonstop. After swimming he changed into a PUMP undies.. ooh

When I was changing there was another small tanned dude who had just arrived. He changed into a small thin bright blue trunks. Definitely a delightful color. 

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the Gahmen & this is their reply:

"ACTIVE SG will finish Delta Swimming Complex after early 2023."

I'll create a new thread when I get news of its completion, FYI.

Went to the pool 2x, but both times I have failed to enter water. 
1st attempt: The big pool was closed for 2hrs, until 1pm. Not sure why. I did not ask the lifeguards on duty. So I went for early lunch. 

2nd attempt: I returned at about 2pm after my lunch is almost digested and good for swim. Pool was closed due to lightning advisory. Scheduled to open at 2:30pm. I waited until 2:20pm and I heard  several thunders. Sky was still very dark. Ok… the pool is not going to reopen at 2:30pm. Lightning advisory is probably going to be extended for another hour at least. 

Time to head home. 

On 8/20/2022 at 3:12 PM, bluerunner said:

Went to the pool 2x, but both times I have failed to enter water. 
1st attempt: The big pool was closed for 2hrs, until 1pm. Not sure why. I did not ask the lifeguards on duty. So I went for early lunch. 

2nd attempt: I returned at about 2pm after my lunch is almost digested and good for swim. Pool was closed due to lightning advisory. Scheduled to open at 2:30pm. I waited until 2:20pm and I heard  several thunders. Sky was still very dark. Ok… the pool is not going to reopen at 2:30pm. Lightning advisory is probably going to be extended for another hour at least. 

Time to head home. 

Which pool?

• 3 weeks later...

10 Sep 2022

KBSC big pool is closed from 11:00am - 7:00pm. I was at the pool on Thursday (8 Sep) and there was no notice on the Notice Board nor at the entrance. 🤬

So, I made a trip to Jalan Besar pool. At the big pool, 3 lanes were taken up by kids swimming lesson. The kids only took one end of the pool, actually. Thus, in that 3 lanes, no one was swimming in it except 4 young boys (maybe age 10-15yo) were splashing water and creating noise and chaos near the deeper end of the pool. Lifeguard on duty was not doing anything to stop them; totally "bo chap" (don't care).

All other lanes were busy. I found an empty spot at the lap lane and I took it, reluctantly (because it was too close to where the 4 boys were creating chaos).

Half way into my lap, one of the boys crossed from from his lane into the lap lane from underneath the lane rope. I crashed onto him but I did not stopped. When I reached the end of the pool, he was still lingering in the lap lane. Lifeguard on duty was still doing nothing. I shouted at the boy, " Hey you, get back into your lane and stay within your lane!".

Lifeguard took noticed but still did not say anything. The boys got the message and went back into their lanes. 🤬🤬

Things went pretty ok after that. The 4 terrors continued to splash water, jumping here and there and making hell a lot of noise within that 3 lanes while the kids were having swimming lesson at the other end of the pool.

I continued with my swim without knocking onto anyone.

It has been a wet weekend especially in the morning. Luckily, I managed to get my doses of swim on both days this weekend. 
Managed to swim right after the rain, before the chaos started at the pool. No cruisers, peaceful swim. Just some gay swimmers whom I hope could leave their ‘emotional/egotistical  baggage’ at home. Chill, not every (gay) man is desperate  to look at you in the changing room. In fact, it’s you who are constantly checking every other man out. 🙄