Male HQ

Savgs, CPF, FD, investments eg govt bills, bonds, forex, Reits, robo esp LT retiremt (New)

Larry

Nothing special for coming weeks except my favorite REIT, Sasseur.

XD 10th June, Pay 25th June, DPU $0.01759

Yearly 4 dividends, March, June, September & December.

Consistent yearly about 7.7% return since IPO August 2018.

Edited by Larry

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Nothing special for coming weeks except my favorite REIT, Sasseur.

XD 10th June, Pay 25th June, DPU $0.01759

Yearly 4 dividends, March, June, September & December.

Consistent yearly about 7.7% return since IPO August 2018.

Larry, Sasaeur 5 yr all time high liao... hard to go in now hor? 

20 hours ago, Gozu said:

Current price is $0.905. 

Well, compare to its IPO price of $0.8 in August 2018, the growth of $0.105 after 2.5 years is slow & steady, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, market stipulators predict the price will go up to $1.2 to $1.3 within 6 months.

For me, I'm keeping this stock for long term, price up or down doesn't matter to me.

Edited by Larry

11 hours ago, Larry said:

Current price is $0.905. 

Well, compare to its IPO price of $0.8 in August 2018, the growth of $0.105 after 2.5 years is slow & steady, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, market stipulators predict the price will go up to $1.2 to $1.3 within 6 months.

For me, I'm keeping this stock for long term, price up or down doesn't matter to me.

👍👍 Thanks for sharing your views. 

On 5/22/2021 at 10:53 PM, Gozu said:

Yes, I would say now is not the best time, though sometimes there is never a best time (only with hindsight).

I happened to buy at 0.815 in early Feb this year (was eyeing the March dividend), and that turned out to be a very good time (on hindsight).

I was using SRS funds so was prepared to see the prices fluctuate wildly since withdrawing SRS is so far away..

It helps if you have holding power- if you buy at 0.910 (today) and if it drops to 0.8xx, you should be comfortable to ignore it and just collect the dividends. If you are the slightly panicky type, then no. There is a chance that the stock has room for upside, possibly by another 10-20% or more, but no guarantee and it may not be trending up continuously without pullbacks. That said, I do like this stock and generally optimistic about it. Likely to hold long term.

But there are also stocks that I bought at the “wrong” time (on hindsight), so win some lose some- that’s normal.

7 hours ago, ken99chia said:

Yes, I would say now is not the best time, though sometimes there is never a best time (only with hindsight).

I happened to buy at 0.815 in early Feb this year (was eyeing the March dividend), and that turned out to be a very good time (on hindsight).

I was using SRS funds so was prepared to see the prices fluctuate wildly since withdrawing SRS is so far away..

It helps if you have holding power- if you buy at 0.910 (today) and if it drops to 0.8xx, you should be comfortable to ignore it and just collect the dividends. If you are the slightly panicky type, then no. There is a chance that the stock has room for upside, possibly by another 10-20% or more, but no guarantee and it may not be trending up continuously without pullbacks. That said, I do like this stock and generally optimistic about it. Likely to hold long term.

But there are also stocks that I bought at the “wrong” time (on hindsight), so win some lose some- that’s normal.

Thats bro for your sharing. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gozu said:

Hi Larry, what does XD means? 

5 hours ago, purplegiraffe said:

XD means ex-dividend. If you bought the stock before XD date, you are eligible to get the dividend payout. However, if you bought the stock on or after the XD date, you will not be able to get the dividend payout.

Precisely, all transactions ought to be done at least one day before XD by 5 pm.

DBS maintains Sasseur REIT at 'buy'.

DBS group research analysts Geraldine Wong and Derek Tan have maintained a “buy” call on Sasseur REIT with an increased target price of $1.10 from 89 cents previously.

They “reiterate [their] ‘buy’ call with a higher discount cash flow (DCF)-based target price of $1.10 after increasing their portfolio tenant sales growth from 3% to 5% and modelling interest rate savings of 120 basis points p.a. In the recent round of refinancing”, they write in a June 13 report. 

10 hours ago, Derren said:

I am an investment "idiot". Is there any course or group that you will recommend ?

If you do have a CPF account, then adopt a two prompt-approach.

First, utilise your CPF to understand the market, focus mainly on blue chips. Simply buy & keep, prices go up or go down & dividends or not, none of your concern. After all, you can't withdraw the dividends & profits (if you sell high) until age of 55. If price drops, ignore & keep.

Making use of CPF to know the brokers, the good, the bad & the ugly.

Then if you have spare cash, then you slowly move into cash market. You get information here & there through your brokers, friends, colleagues, news reading etc., & etc.

The objective is simple, long or short term profit. Long term for yearly dividend & price appreciation. Short term is more for impending dividend. But whether long or short term, you must have the holding power.

Do not under estimate the effect on CPF. Out of 12 months yearly, 11 months of the dividend come mainly from CPF stocks.

Edited by Larry

54 minutes ago, Larry said:

If you do have a CPF account, then adopt a two prompt-approach.

First, utilise your CPF to understand the market, focus mainly on blue chips. Simply buy & keep, prices go up or go down & dividends or not, none of your concern. After all, you can't withdraw the dividends & profits (if you sell high) until age of 55. If price drops, ignore & keep.

Making use of CPF to know the brokers, the good, the bad & the ugly.

Then if you have spare cash, then you slowly move into cash market. You get information here & there through your brokers, friends, colleagues, news reading etc., & etc.

The objective is simple, long or short term profit. Long term for yearly dividend & price appreciation. Short term is more for impending dividend. But whether long or short term, you must have the holding power.

Do not under estimate the effect on CPF. Out of 12 months yearly, 11 months of the dividend come mainly from CPF stocks.

Larry, do you tikam IPO for quick buck?

46 minutes ago, FIRE2020 said:

Larry, do you tikam IPO for quick buck?

Unlike those good old days that IPO balloted was like striking a lottery, there is no sure win these days.

I got IPO on ARA HTRUST since May 2019 at price US $0.88, Up to today, the price is at US $0,545, not even one time touches $0.88.

Lucky one lot only.

Sit on it & wait long long.

Edited by Larry

9 hours ago, Larry said:

Unlike those good old days that IPO balloted was like striking a lottery, there is no sure win these days.

I got IPO on ARA HTRUST since May 2019 at price US $0.88, Up to today, the price is at US $0,545, not even one time touches $0.88.

Lucky one lot only.

Sit on it & wait long long.

ARA H Trust is on DBS Buy Call. Expected to benefit from US Travel Pick Up.

12 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

ARA H Trust is on DBS Buy Call. Expected to benefit from US Travel Pick Up.

It is going to be a slow & long journey for the price to climb back to $0.88, hopefully.

Beside the first dividend collected in March 2020, very unlikely to see dividend for year 2021.

Edited by Larry

4 hours ago, Larry said:

It is going to be a slow & long journey for the price to climb back to $0.88, hopefully.

Beside the first dividend collected in March 2020, very unlikely to see dividend for year 2021.

I bought some IPO years back. It started dropping a few months after it when up. Dip until it got de-listed. Quite a few experiences. Gave up on IPO already.  

7 hours ago, Gozu said:

I bought some IPO years back. It started dropping a few months after it when up. Dip until it got de-listed. Quite a few experiences. Gave up on IPO already.  

Had some bad experience too. Hence, I don't hold and sell it on first day of its debut. Only buy those with keen interests from many. Like yesterday, I sold off OTS on the first day of debut and profited SGD338 net. Ignore its potential for growth that others said so much. S$338 helps to subsidized by recent car repair (S$600). :)

3 Things to Know About Investing Your CPF Money in Shares by Royston Yang

The Central Provident Fund (CPF) is a compulsory savings scheme that requires Singaporeans and permanent residents to save 20% of their salary for those 55 years old and below. 

Such contributions mean that a substantial amount of your salary will be deposited into your CPF account each month.

Hence, knowing how best to maximise your CPF money can go a long way to helping you achieve your financial goals.

The CPF Ordinary Account (OA) returns 2.5% a year, while the Special Account returns 4% a year. 

On top of that, an extra 1% interest is applied for the first $60,000 in your combined accounts.

Besides letting your CPF account accrue interest, there are other ways that you can invest this money. 

Most Singaporeans know that they can buy a home with their CPF money, or use it for education. 

However, some are unaware of the option of buying shares with their CPF account.

As such, this article will focus on what you should know about how you can invest your CPF money in shares.

1. Eligibility

There are a few requirements before you can start investing your CPF money on stocks and they are:

For starters, you need to be at least 18 years old and above.

Also, you cannot be an undischarged bankrupt.

In order to invest, you’ll need a minimum of S$20,000 in your CPF OA and/or at least S$40,000 in your CPF Special Account (SA).

2. Maximum amount you can invest

Not all of the money in your CPF OA can be invested.

There are two methods to calculate how much you can invest, with only the lower of these two calculations being the allowable investment amount.

The first method is that you can invest up to 35% of your CPF savings in stocks. 

The second method is that you need a minimum of S$20,000 left in your CPF Ordinary Account after investing. 

Let’s take the following example.

Assume you have S$50,000 in your CPF account.

You will be able to invest $17,500 using the first calculation method.

Using the second method, you will be able to invest S$30,000, after deducting S$20,000 from S$50,000.

Hence, S$17,500, being the lower of the two calculations, is the amount that you are allowed to invest from your CPF OA.

3. Eligible shares

Not all shares are eligible for investment, though.

There are five criteria that a stock must meet to qualify as a CPF-approved share. 

To be clear, this approach does not make the stock free of risks

Here are the five criteria:

1. The company is incorporated in Singapore,

2. The company is listed on the Main Board of the local stock exchange as a primary listing or is a former Catalist share;

3. The shares are traded in Singapore dollars;

4. Agent banks are allowed by the company to appoint all CPF shareholders of the company proxies to attend and vote at meetings; and 

5.  The company must not be on the watch-list of the local stock exchange.

Currently, there are around 400 CPF-approved shares that an investor can choose from. The full list can be found here.

Get Smart: Understanding the CPF better

Before investing your CPF money in shares, it is important that you educate yourself on the best way for you to achieve your financial goals. 

You may also wish to read up on a series of articles I wrote on investing your CPF money in shares.

Here are another two articles on the pros and cons of voluntarily topping up your CPF account.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Larry said:

Thanks.

Just got the info announced by Sunpower yesterday morning.

Anyway bought 11100 units at $0.895.

Huat Ah....

Dividend amt?

11100×0.003=$33? Or 11100×0.1006=$1117

Edited by Gozu

On 7/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, Larry said:

Thanks.

Just got the info announced by Sunpower yesterday morning.

Anyway bought 11100 units at $0.895.

Huat Ah....

This is a very interesting stock, you need to have holding power to play with.

On 7/8/2021 at 5:45 PM, Larry said:

This is a very interesting stock, you need to have holding power to play with.

This is a very strange counter that didn't follow the usual norm. Instead of price going up, it went down when the special dividend was announced. It seemed to me some heavy weight was behind manipulating the whole thing.

Anyway, as expected the price went further down today after XD of 15% down from the last closing price.

But one interesting thing to watch is its trading volume, a fantastically high of 9899k.

I can only assume there maybe a third special dividend coming soon.

If the price go further down below $0.70, I may put in another $10k to try my luck.

No venture no gain, huat-ah....

6 hours ago, Since u r here said:

but why did Larry removed the posting on Loss-makg Aei with Capital Reduction: with 0.36sgd goodies ie DPU 30%

instd why spent more time on erratic powerless Sunpowr  (Dropped MORE than 21% frpm  date of your Purch) 

1. The post on AEI was deleted as the end result (overall profit) didn't really meet my expectation.

2. On Sunpower, as I'd mentioned, something is abnormal;

* 12/7 first day on XD, 9899k traded with turnover $7 over millions changing hand.

* 13/7 second day, 5682.3k traded with turnover $4 millions.

* 14/7 third day, 3549k traded with turnover 2.5millions.

* 15/7 today, 3600.1k traded with turnover 2.6 millions

As i'd mentioned, I'm prepared to pump in another $10k to join in the fun.

21 hours ago, Since u r here said:

wanna knw how much fire added on 4 Sunpower

& net income also in red https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/5GD

As I'd mentioned this is a strange & abnormal company.

1. With -55.55 in net income, yet can have a DPU of $0.106, how & why?

2. The depressed selling price before XD which didn't follow the norm, why?

3. High volume transacted after XD, even yesterday (almost $2 millions), why?

4. The stepping down of executive chairman, chief financial officer & group senior vice president, why?

Since I'm already in this mess, let's continue to have fun.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, Since u r here said:

some1 shared Aei is related to Aem! nt sure how true!

anyway they got Excess https://links.sgx.com/1.0.0/corporate-announcements/K5ATQ9IVY6G16GI2/2f5acc5228cba1f62524a020e4e75b67b835e7d98045dfc81384b420c56d2952

sgx enquiering them abt the Play of sudden rise but it is really nt - 

https://links.sgx.com/FileOpen/20210715_AEI_Ann_RespSGXQuery_TradingActivity_final.ashx?App=Announcement&FileID=674911

wanna knw how much fire added on 4 Sunpower

& net income also in red https://www.sgx.com/securities/equities/5GD

Fire's average price is 0.75 taking into consideration of those few dividend payment, overall net still profit.

23 hours ago, Larry said:

As I'd mentioned this is a strange & abnormal company.

1. With -55.55 in net income, yet can have a DPU of $0.106, how & why?

2. The depressed selling price before XD which didn't follow the norm, why?

3. High volume transacted after XD, even yesterday (almost $2 millions), why?

4. The stepping down of executive chairman, chief financial officer & group senior vice president, why?

Since I'm already in this mess, let's continue to have fun.

image.png.e5d95a45d71baaeaf6b01f6ce80eec7e.png

Dividend payout reasons as above. 

1 minute ago, Since u r here said:

Fire so much gd info but ....the Financials? u bought alot?

who wrote this: the bks or sun?

Net Income SGD -39.51M
Return on Equity (ROE) -3.263 Return on Assets (ROA) -1.951
Asset Turnover 0.511 CapEx

CNY -514.52M

is CCP govt controlling them now? just like they did to Baba didi

I means my investment still positive lah.  

if we look at green investment and steady income recurring, Sunpower has very good long-term prospect.

These days, we have investment theme called ESG investment and even have many unit trust set up with this theme.

Sunpower is not like those hopeless s-chips. Having said that when the price is stabilized a bit, i will sell off and hunt for next target. 

Just now, FIRE2020 said:

I means my investment still positive lah.  

if we look at green investment and steady income recurring, Sunpower has very good long-term prospect.

These days, we have investment theme called ESG investment and even have many unit trust set up with this theme.

Sunpower is not like those hopeless s-chips. Having said that when the price is stabilized a bit, i will sell off and hunt for next target. 

these info comes from UOB, DBS etc