Male HQ

Here we go again - My wife back in ignore mode.

transmissionsm

Don't know what happened. We were ok on thursday night when I came back from my parents' house weWatched Netflix.

Friday we didn't talk, friday night my son came over and she just lie on the bed and do nothing. No chat no nothing.

Did not interact with anyone just looking at her phone till bedtime .  Today she slept till 11am+ , wake up did do anything , no talk no playing with her own son.

Me and helper settled everything. 

Afternoon 2pm I went to the room and make my son sleep, she left the room and went out to the living room to watch some stupid fucking show on her phone.

As of now, still not talking with me and our son.

You know what bitch, I can't care less if you don't talk to me but ignore our son when he wants to play with you is bloody irresponsible and heartless.

Honestly, my wife can die now and i probably won't feel a thing...maybe i just feel sad for my son to grow up without a mum.

Lastly , don't worry about me . Usually ppl think i'm depressed or sad due to my "tone" in this post but nothing is happening right. 

Now i got to find sex partners besides my wife.

And don't go in with a what's wrong with you. 

Ask like, is there something I can help with, or is there something upsetting you? 

How you phrase your question and the tone of your voice is very important. I look at how my dad flares up/uses the wrong tone with my mum, and my mum always ends up upset, even though the question may be "do you want lunch?"

Edited by jackomaki

Cooking is my passion. Music is my life. Reading is my sanity. 

Bitching about you keeps me happy. 

"People fear because of a lack of understanding, and a lack of understanding comes from a lack of proper communication on both parties, so to resolve fear we need to first resolve communication"

On 9/19/2021 at 1:17 AM, cutejack said:

Ask her what happened. If not replying too, slow talk or what. If her attitude persist, separation is the best choice. Good luck.

It's not the first time. Not replying at all. It happened once every few months.

Separation , yup i thought about it but i'm in it for the money now. We already got BTO at a decent location, divorce will be non-beneficial for us.

Waiting to see how.

Really if no $ involve i'll probably leave her and take my son long time ago. Then I don't know how the stupid women charter is going to screw me + bto (sort of an investment..after MOP think can profit quite a bit).  

To think that I almost quit the scene for her. Phew. 

On 9/18/2021 at 5:07 PM, transmissionsm said:

Don't know what happened. We were ok on thursday night when I came back from my parents' house weWatched Netflix.

Friday we didn't talk, friday night my son came over and she just lie on the bed and do nothing. No chat no nothing.

Did not interact with anyone just looking at her phone till bedtime .  Today she slept till 11am+ , wake up did do anything , no talk no playing with her own son.

Afternoon 2pm I went to the room and make my son sleep, she left the room and went out to the living room to watch some stupid fucking show on her phone.

You know what bitch, I can't care less if you don't talk to me but ignore our son when he wants to play with you is bloody irresponsible and heartless.

Honestly, my wife can die now and i probably won't feel a thing...maybe i just feel sad for my son to grow up without a mum.

Lastly , don't worry about me . Usually ppl think i'm depressed or sad due to my "tone" in this post but nothing is happening right. 

You probably did something wrong that made her angry? How can she become angry without any cause?

On 9/19/2021 at 9:05 AM, purplegiraffe said:

You probably did something wrong that made her angry? How can she become angry without any cause?

Oh trust me when I say i did not do anything to make her angry unless she found out i fuck around her back which she deserved it.

It's been happening once every few months.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:47 AM, transmissionsm said:

It's not the first time. Not replying at all. It happened once every few months.

Separation , yup i thought about it but i'm in it for the money now. We already got BTO at a decent location, divorce will be non-beneficial for us.

Waiting to see how.

Really if no $ involve i'll probably leave her and take my son long time ago. Then I don't know how the stupid women charter is going to screw me + bto (sort of an investment..after MOP think can profit quite a bit).  

To think that I almost quit the scene for her. Phew. 

Then go ahead n send lawyers letter to her. 

What?! Women charter? My ass.

Explain to the judge of her fucking attitude n tell him or her to live with her n see whether can get along anot. Told my fren to do so n he did. He paid her the money thru cpf n chase his wife out of the house. He is happy with his son. Peace.

Money can't give anyone happiness. It won't bring u anywhere. 

We need peace. 

Cool down 

It is a passive aggressive behavior she is exhibiting, and unfortunately, it has impacted your son, which is unfair and unnecessary since it is a matter between the adults. As many suggested, you need to reach out and communicate with her to figure out the problem, preferably without your son present. Have your helper take him out for an hour or two while you both talk. The silent treatment is an obvious sign something is bothering her, and she is bottling it up. Just make it clear that it is not ok for her to ignore her son even if she is mad at you. 

Love. 

u stay in the marriage because of the unavoidable messy divorce(yes, woman charter will wipe u dry with alimony and division of wealth), and money issue (bto flat), and thus without happiness and peace of mind. sex wise, u fxxk around several times a month...

very sad life leh.... in fact is no life but dragging through day after day.

since u say she can died now and u wont care. means no more love, then i suggest put your foot down hard and make the painful decision to end it. it will be messy for a while, but after that can syart a new , hopefully happier life here on out.

• 3 weeks later...

Start keeping a journal of all these instances of her behaviour. It may be useful to refresh your memory when it comes time divorce. 

Not exactly sure of the divorce laws in Singapore, but the general rule is this. The wife is entitled to half of the assets acquired during the course of the marriage. Say if you bought a house in your name prior to the marriage, she has no claims to that. So if you acquired shares Grab after you are married, then she can claim 1/2 of it. 

Divorce does not have to be messy, it just have to very black and white. In terms of alimony, she can blow up and make all kinds of claims. So keep an expense record of your monthly spending as a household. For example, how much is mortgage, food, transport, etc. that way, if she were to claim for a ridiculous amount, you can demonstrate proof that your monthly average as a household is X. 

Everything is negotiable. For example, I dealt with a senior executive recently (long story) who got into a messy divorce. In the end, this is roughly the details of how things got sorted. 

• She gets the house (even though he bought it before their marriage)
  • She gets no alimony
  • With regards to the other assets, they itemize them, held an auction, and sold them, and split the proceeds. 

That was it. It was also made very clear that she has no claims to any future income or assets he may acquire. This is something that is very important, because sometimes, due to some legal loophole, even after a divorce, the wife can come after the ex-husband's income, if she experiences some financial hardship. So you want those language in their divorce papers. 

Love. 

• 1 month later...

First this is a gay forum,

no one understands what you are going through or is interested in your marriage well being, 

you are not dumb because you can get married which is a big deal as there are so many things to do, or you just sit along for the ride while someone does everything,

you are also smart because you notice something is wrong with the situation,

whatever is it you want or think that you want, you are better off, looking for a therapist, a counsellor because they get paid to help you with your problems with a genuine interest to help you to reach whatever conclusion

whatever you are going through, you can and will find a solution and there is your friend " google " 

i find no sex also no problem mate, as a guy i can survive without sex with another person for more than 5 years already..and life goes on...sex is secondary or way down the list compared to more important needs like money, food and shelter.

if no communication/coldness + no love/feelings + no intimacy for each other anymore, then better to break up, move on and don't hold each other down than to endure seeing each other till old age or death...that is what i feel.

i doubt he will divorced lah.....

he waste so much time on her to built up the family core

unless his parent demise and no one talk behind his back or shame him..so why not.

but i doubt he will do anything about it but just whine about it - hope someone in here will sayang him or whatever to fulfill his fantasy.

whatever is it - i wish him well to overcome his obstacle to the family issue.

You never loved her, and you only implicated her to cover up the truth about yourself.

Eventually, anyone will realise this. Just a matter of time. So can you really blame her for hating your guts?

Or that you trapped her with a son and a life that is not genuine? It is not fair for her to be used as a human decoy.

Is that her only purpose now in Life? Her happiness matters too, she is a human being, same as you.

How can you get the best of both worlds, when she gets the scraps of whatever you give throw to her?

Out of duty? or is it fear?

This is obviously a LGBT forum, and logically, I should stand up for someone in my community.

But my community should not include cowards or those hiding in the shadows, in fear of themselves.

And justifying and empowering that fear to trap and use others as tools.

Wrong is wrong. You either need to free her, come clean or do something.

Come in here to rant and vilify her no point, cos this mess you created for yourself.

Get a spine. Even if both of you are nasty and not innocent, the child that you brought into the world is. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 9/18/2021 at 4:07 AM, transmissionsm said:

Have you considered that there might be something mentally wrong with her?

If she had developed a physical illness, it would be apparent and she would receive treatment for it.  But how about a mental illness?

You could start by not hating her.  She obviously is not a happy person.  And she may not be trying to hurt you. 

Could you suggest and ask, in a kind and caring voice, if she would agree to receive counseling?  A personal or family counseling?  Maybe a counselor could dig out of her what is wrong and gain some understanding.  And with this information, you and her could have a base to make decisions. And maybe these decisions would not include breaking up the family.  A relationship is much, much easier if both of you are happy.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:30 AM, transmissionsm said:

Oh trust me when I say i did not do anything to make her angry unless she found out i fuck around her back which she deserved it.

It's been happening once every few months.

Use your son..

Talk to your son...loudly

Ask him, did you do something to make mommy angry?? Why is mommy not talking ???

On 11/15/2021 at 11:19 PM, MarriedBiTop said:

Use your son..

Talk to your son...loudly

Ask him, did you do something to make mommy angry?? Why is mommy not talking ???

Better not lah… I think kids do watch and they may kind of know what’s going on with their adults, but likely they are too young to know how to manage such situations. I remembered I was super stressed out as a kid whenever my folks quarrelled in front of me. Kids need a safe stable environment to grow up in. 

On 11/15/2021 at 2:26 PM, tomcat said:

You never loved her, and you only implicated her to cover up the truth about yourself ...

👍👍👍

BW is full of all these selfish married bastards who think that just becos they are bi or gay in a straight marriage, faithfulness, commitment, responsibility and monogamy don't apply to them.

Edited by StockBottom

I agree with Steve5380. If she is behaving to irrationally there might be something deeper going on. Depression is becoming more and more common and she might not know how to manage this.

Does she have any support from other family members or friends?

On 11/19/2021 at 2:50 PM, JL7 said:

Depression is becoming more and more common and she might not know how to manage this.

sorry ah, I ask you.

which woman will not depressed when she realise her husband is not only unfaithful, but hooking up with other men?

even guanyin will cry blood. the dude is lucky she never chop off his geoduck in his sleep. 

you all discuss as if there is a huge mystery why she is upset. there is none.

women's intuition is never wrong. just because she never catch in the act, does not mean she is blind and bodoh. 

On 11/19/2021 at 2:40 PM, StockBottom said:

👍👍👍

BW is full of all these selfish married bastards who think that just becos they are bi or gay in a straight marriage, faithfulness, commitment, responsibility and monogamy don't apply to them.

yeah, they make up all these personal rules of conduct. the only ones that matter is Who are you hurting? and Can you avoid hurting them?

if they continue doing what they do despite causing hurt, they are assholes no matter how they flip and turn the narrative. period.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• 2 weeks later...

Wedding Vow that will bring you to tears

Please recite it again together with your wife. 

“I, ___, take you, ___, for my lawful wife/husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part.”

Edited by GKS

“______, will you have this woman/man, ______, to be your wedded wife/husband, to live together in marriage, will you love her/him, comfort her/him, honour her/him and keep her/him, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, so long as you both shall live?”

“I, [name], take you, [name], to be my partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the person you will become, and falling in love a little more each day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.”