Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

On 4/26/2022 at 7:24 PM, Why? said:

You still have not answered my universal question.  

Your "universal question"? I think you have your own accepted answer, and will not accept any other one, so you can continue with your "questioning".

Слава Україні!

On 4/26/2022 at 7:26 PM, sgmaven said:

Your "universal question"? I think you have your own accepted answer, and will not accept any other one, so you can continue with your "questioning".

I just woke up from my 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep, hoping that once I logged into this forum, I could get some form of enlightening answer from the wise.  It was a complete dissappointment.  I thought you knew everything under the sun from your incessant postings.  I have never felt so delustional about you.   Any wise guru can help answer my universal question? 

On 4/27/2022 at 11:50 AM, Why? said:

You are not comparing orange with orange.  Russia has agreed to Ukraine separation among other countries post WWII  It was documented and internationally recognised in Europe and so around the world to be so. Documents filed, soverigncy registered in the court of law.   China and Taiwan are inseparable country, admitted by America and across interntionally.  I cannot think of other countries who did not recognise the FACT.  The only country that tried to get Taiwan to become independence is America, not Japan, not Eruope, not Korea not Asean countries.  If there is indeed a WWIII, like Russia, the real culprit cannot be the invader, but the silent hands of America, that rocks the craddle to its grave.  

As this is the Ukraine thread I post it here.

One question:

Did the US military drive their tanks and soldiers into the Ukraine or Russia's military?

How would anyone deny that Russia invaded the Ukraine on 24 Feb 22 by military force.

On a note, unfortunately, sovereignty of Ukraine was not registered in a court of law but by some paper pieces in 1991 and in a Memorandum made in Budapest in 1994.

However, the fact that Russia a permanent member of the UN did not object to the Ukraine continuing their seat in the UN in 1991 is evidence that Russia accepted the independence of Ukraine.

The US has every right to convince an independent country to become member to any organisation, this is nothing illegal.

Russia claims territorial powers and influence over independent countries, which do not exist.

The world does not accept "interest spheres" or "spheres of influence" when it comes to the recognition of independent countries.

Guest Madhatter
On 4/27/2022 at 10:36 AM, Why? said:

I just woke up from my 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep, hoping that once I logged into this forum, I could get some form of enlightening answer from the wise.  It was a complete dissappointment.  I thought you knew everything under the sun from your incessant postings.  I have never felt so delustional about you.   Any wise guru can help answer my universal question? 

This War is started by an irrational and inhuman dictator.

You are wasting your time asking him about your universal question. He's holding a gun to your head, whatever he says is your universal answer. Like the Cantonese saying, 你吹咩!

秀才遇到兵,有理說不清

The only way to deal with him is fight back with bigger force and not waste time with universal question.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, Guest Madhatter said:

This War is started by an irrational and inhuman dictator.

You are wasting your time asking him about your universal question. He's holding a gun to your head, whatever he says is your universal answer. Like the Cantonese saying, 你吹咩!

秀才遇到兵,有理說不清

The only way to deal with him is fight back with bigger force and not waste time with universal question.

I am convinced that some people will continue to insist on their POV, despite all the evidence against it. When you call him out, he will only try to demean and ridicule you. So, I will let it rest. I will let him to continue drinking his Kool-Aid, while the rest of us contend with the reality of Russia's naked aggression against another sovereign nation - Ukraine.

Слава Україні!

The Real Reason the Russian Orthodox Church’s Leader Supports Putin’s War

Homophobia is at the heart of Patriarch Kirill’s endorsement.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/04/26/ukraine-war-russian-orthodox-church-support-patriarch-kirill-homophobia/

Well, we all know the more homophobic they are, the more likely they are ....

Guest Madhatter
On 4/27/2022 at 2:38 PM, StockBottom said:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/04/26/ukraine-war-russian-orthodox-church-support-patriarch-kirill-homophobia/

Though they always say they are fearless in believing in their religion and protected by their gods but when faced with guns, they capitulate. Happened in every war. Religion is just for commercial gains.

It is unfortunate that man likes to control other men. Power is more addictive than opium. And power corrupts.

Religions in their purest forms teach man to do good, and to treat each other with respect. It is always man who subverts the religion for their personal goals, turning those religions into a twisted reflection of what they were.

That said, the same can be said of the state and that of politics. It is not just the dictatorships in countries like Russia. Just look at the state of politics in the US, how the Republicans have twisted the ideas of democracy, or how the Democrats claim to be helping the needy, but are in fact working to keep them out of mainstream society.

Nothing can remain untainted once touched by man, unfortunately.

Слава Україні!

I have never felt so delustional about you.   Any wise guru can help answer my universal question? 

I was also severely de-lusted by reading your post.

This forum is run by the liberty to respond or not or to post anything.

hoping that once I logged into this forum, I could get some form of enlightening answer from the wise.  It was a complete dissappointment.  I thought you knew everything under the sun from your incessant postings.   Any wise guru can help answer my universal question? 

And lastly, don't expect answers to rhetorical or suggestive questions.

By the way it is easy to claim that Ukrainian soldiers fired from a school building without any evidence.

On 4/26/2022 at 7:00 PM, Why? said:

I always harbor an unanswered question about war.  What is considered Civilian site and Military site?  What if military used Civilian sites, such as school, hospitals, houses to mount military operations against its enemy. Even then, there is possibility of Civilians being armed to shoot at their unsuspecting enemy?  Thus bombing these "Civilians sites" is still considered inhuman or not?  Under such situations, what would you have done if someone fired consecutive shots at you from a school ground?

The violations and war crimes  by Russia seem to be so thick that even the most innocent spectator would recognise the violations. This incessant bombing of residential areas.

Do you seriously believe in every of those building was a Ukrainian soldier that fired on the Russian army???

From your post it seems that you are a bit too much opinionated and preconceived and you seem siding with Russia to excuse their war crimes.

Did you note that during the complete war so far Ukraine has not dropped any missiles into Russia or attacked any cities within Russia with bombardment?

Does this look like attacking just the military (as per Russia's claim)?

Ukraine War: Video From Borodyanka Shows Destroyed Buildings, Smouldering  Fire

Before And After Photos Show Damage In Ukraine

Residents carry their belongings near buildings destroyed in the course of the Ukraine-Russia conflict, in Mariupol

Search for bodies under the rubble of a building destroyed by Russian shelling, in Borodyanka

On 4/27/2022 at 5:06 PM, singalion said:

And lastly, don't expect answers to rhetorical or suggestive questions.

By the way it is easy to claim that Ukrainian soldiers fired from a school building without any evidence.

The violations and war crimes  by Russia seem to be so thick that even the most innocent spectator would recognise the violations. This incessant bombing of residential areas.

Do you seriously believe in every of those building was a Ukrainian soldier that fired on the Russian army???

From your post it seems that you are a bit too much opinionated and preconceived and you seem siding with Russia to excuse their war crimes.

Did you note that during the complete war so far Ukraine has not dropped any missiles into Russia or attacked any cities within Russia with bombardment?

Does this look like attacking just the military (as per Russia's claim)?

Ukraine War: Video From Borodyanka Shows Destroyed Buildings, Smouldering  Fire

Before And After Photos Show Damage In Ukraine

Residents carry their belongings near buildings destroyed in the course of the Ukraine-Russia conflict, in Mariupol

Search for bodies under the rubble of a building destroyed by Russian shelling, in Borodyanka

You should also add that the Russians have been using long-range missile systems that are supposed to have a high-level of accuracy (according to Russian media), and only targeting military targets. It doesn't explain how civilian dwelling have been destroyed, or even shopping malls.

Then again, @Why?seems to be only drinking the Kool-Aid from both RT and Global Times, and hence, unable to grapple with the realities happening on the ground in the Ukraine.

Слава Україні!

On 4/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, sgmaven said:

You should also add that the Russians have been using long-range missile systems that are supposed to have a high-level of accuracy (according to Russian media), and only targeting military targets. It doesn't explain how civilian dwelling have been destroyed, or even shopping malls.

Then again, @Why?seems to be only drinking the Kool-Aid from both RT and Global Times, and hence, unable to grapple with the realities happening on the ground in the Ukraine.

There are others who just read from doubtful sources.

As we are aware of the propaganda reports from Russia, I mean they are following some media language that restricts certain wording (invasion or even war) , how can you get an objective viewpoint.

Russia has so far denied everything, when the pictures we see every day seem to speak quite clearly against the Russian narrative.

Poor Russian soldiers, maybe some russian-loving BWers will offer themselves ...

https://www-idnes-cz.translate.goog/zpravy/domaci/duka-kardinal-potrat-ukrajina-znasilneni-konsent-hnuti-pro-zivot-nejedlova-zenska-lobby.A220426_121718_domaci_klf?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

"Cardinal Dominik Duka calls for the public not to condemn Russian soldiers. Many of them help raped women, he wrote in a commentary on his blog. According to him, soldiers who rape a woman act under the pressure of emotion and passion in a state of agony."

Guest Answer
On 4/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, singalion said:

One question:

Did the US military drive their tanks and soldiers into the Ukraine or Russia's military?

You can't see a virus doesn't mean there is no virus in Ukraine.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:22 PM, Guest Answer said:

You can't see a virus doesn't mean there is no virus in Ukraine.

It is quite obvious that the Russians are invading the country, so why not look at the more obvious "interference" by a foreign country?

Слава Україні!

On 4/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, sgmaven said:

It is quite obvious that the Russians are invading the country, so why not look at the more obvious "interference" by a foreign country?

Some people when they see a real virus, they pretend there's no virus, but say they see another virus, when there is none, just becos they think they share some dna with another even more insidious virus somewhere else! 🤣

On 4/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, StockBottom said:

Some people when they see a real virus, they pretend there's no virus, but say they see another virus, when there is none, just becos they think they share some dna with another even more insidious virus somewhere else! 🤣

Or refuse to get vaccinated or wear masks... 🤣

Слава Україні!

Just read in a NYT page:

Live Updates: Biden Asks Congress for $33 Billion to Help Ukraine War Effort

$33 billion is no little money.  Biden is serious about supporting Ukraine, no matter what threats Putin makes over his nukes. 

In another part of his speech today, Biden said that the money confiscated from the Russian oligarchs would be used to support Ukraine.   Biden is a real leader,  and the huge US is a "good guy" indeed! 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:38 AM, StockBottom said:

From the quoted article:

This month in Russia, Kirill, a powerful bishop who has been the patriarch of Moscow and primate of the Russian Orthodox Church since 2009, came out once again in support of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s killing machine in Ukraine. Kirill’s view is that God is on Russia’s side, even as Putin’s forces bomb maternity hospitals and the bodies of mutilated men, women, and children are discovered in Ukrainian towns recently occupied by Russian troops, such as Bucha.

In many ways, Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has become a holy war for Russia. His geopolitical ambitions are closely entwined with faith: Like former U.S. President Donald Trump, Putin has woven nationalism, faith, conservative values, and the restoration of the Russky mir (“Russian world”). And he has enlisted Kirill as his wingman, who shares his homophobic views. Freedom House, a democracy watchdog, calls Putin’s anti-LGBT rants “state-sponsored homophobia” used to control Russia and says, “Regulating gender and sexuality remains at the forefront of Russia’s domestic and international political agendas.”

So, the God of the Russian Orthodox Church is in favor of bombing maternity hospitals and mutilating men, women and children,  as long as this goes against the gay sex practiced by peaceful gay people.  

Who says that the Gods of the pre-Columbus savage Indians in America were cruel and blood thirsty?  

I will refrain from writing anything that could be construed as anti-religion.  After all, there are also good religions.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Fucked left right
On 4/28/2022 at 11:45 PM, Steve5380 said:

$33 billion is no little money.  Biden is serious about supporting Ukraine, no matter what threats Putin makes over his nukes.

33 billion is a loan, not charity donations. Once Ukraine fight off Russia, it will worry about America power in its land. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, Guest Fucked left right said:

33 billion is a loan, not charity donations. Once Ukraine fight off Russia, it will worry about America power in its land. 

Who told you this?  You have any evidence?

There are many hundreds of billions of dollars of Russia's money frozen in Western banks.  After the war is over and Russia is found guilty of all their war crimes,  this money won't return to them but will pay for the rebuilding of Ukraine. 

And if then Ukraine will have to deal with America,  they will gladly do it because NATO won't fire missiles into their hospitals and schools.

Yesterday, I was lying in bed while listening to the BBC.  Then I thought I heard the news that German, Austria and Italy decided to cave in to Russia's demand on gas payment term.  I think it was a wise move.  Sanctioning does not guarantee warmth on winter nor keeping food on your own people table.   I wished Poland and Bulgaria good luck for buying into EU's narrative.

I took off my earplug, and slept smiling throughout the night.  

Here is the video of Biden's speech today,  of which I posted the headlines earlier.   This reveals how the US government thinks about the conflict,  and I could not be more proud of Biden's plans and actions.  It is not difficult to imagine what that ex.. ex... would do in his position ,  how much he would kiss and lick Putin's ass instead.  I hope that the US electorate remembers that abominable sick "admiration" of Trump for Putin,  and rejects him and his followers.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:25 AM, Why? said:

Yesterday, I was lying in bed while listening to the BBC.  Then I thought I heard the news that German, Austria and Italy decided to cave in to Russia's demand on gas payment term.  I think it was a wise move.  Sanctioning does not guarantee warmth on winter nor keeping food on your own people table.   I wished Poland and Bulgaria good luck for buying into EU's narrative.

You didn't really comprehend the mechanism. 

How EU energy firms plan to pay for Russian gas without breaking the law

On Thursday, EU officials confirmed that any company agreeing to open a rouble account in Russia and pay for gas that way would be in breach of sanctions.

But is there a loophole?

Possibly. According to further guidance issued by the EU last week, the Kremlin’s decree does not stop gas importers asking Gazprom to agree the purchase is legally complete once the first payment, in euros or dollars, has been deposited at Gazprombank.

Any conversion into roubles would take place thereafter, meaning the buyer would not technically have breached sanctions. Another option, the guidance says, is for buyers to make a public declaration that they consider the purchase complete once their dollar or euro payment is made. The only obstacle to this, according to the guidance, is the need for “confirmation from the Russian side” that all of this complies with decree 172.

In other words, Gazprom – or effectively the Kremlin – has to be onboard. Gazprom and Gazprombank are not subject to EU sanctions, so buyers are permitted to negotiate such labyrinthine proposals without breaching sanctions.

Tactics like these appear to be what the likes of OMV and Uniper are examining. Uniper said it was looking into “concrete payment modalities” that would allow it to pay while complying with sanctions.

This apparent legal loophole significantly clouds the picture over the true nature of compliance with Putin’s demand. For instance, responding to reports that OMV was preparing to make rouble payments, the Austrian chancellor, Karl Nehammer, insisted this was not the case.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:50 PM, singalion said:

Maybe his earplug is not working correctly,  or he was already asleep and smiling while he typed his post, a case of somnambulism. 

On 4/29/2022 at 9:25 AM, Why? said:

I have a question also.

Could you share why you are so Russian friendly when it is quite obvious that Russia started the war with Ukraine by aggressively invading the country with military force and shelling civilians in all parts of Ukraine?

On 4/29/2022 at 11:55 AM, singalion said:

I have a question also.

Could you share why you are so Russian friendly when it is quite obvious that Russia started the war with Ukraine by aggressively invading the country with military force and shelling civilians in all parts of Ukraine?

Europe is like a balancing scale.  The West must balance with the East and vice versa.  Ukraine chose to jump over to the West and nearly toppled the scale.  Russia threw its weight to keep the scale back to its position,causing some minor dents,  but people said it was invasion.  My laymen term is easier to understand than those of Kamala Harris. Now you know Why.

Edited by Why?

On 4/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, Why? said:

Europe is like a balancing scale.  The West must balance with the East and vice versa.  Ukraine chose to jump over to the West and nearly toppled the scale.  Russia threw its weight to keep the scale back to its position,causing some minor dents,  but people said it was invasion.  My laymen term is easier to understand than those of Kamala Harris. Now you know Why.

Not really.

But then are you accepting that bigger countries have "interest spheres" or "spheres of influence", so Russia has a right to control the countries bordering to Russia?

There is no real sovereignty then?

Finland and Sweden seem to tip over also the coming days.

Moldova made clear it doesn't want to be aligned with Russia...

Even Kazakhstan is voicing protest against Russia recently and this after Putin saved the Kazakh president from being thrown from his throne by the people...

Don't you think the "dents" are not just minor?

Russia is now cut off from the West and economic development.

Without the technology from the West what can Russia achieve?

Will Russia not end up as a subservient of China without Europe and under control of the Chinese? What did the super power then achieve?

Edited by singalion

On 4/29/2022 at 9:50 AM, singalion said:

How EU energy firms plan to pay for Russian gas without breaking the law

No need to comprehend.  The outcome is win-win for both parties.  German, Italy, Hungary and Austria can now sleep easy in the coming harsh winter.  Poor Poland, I hate to see  its cute and adorable president get frozen.  75% extra stock is not called a reserve, it is called "getting by".  The definition of gas reserve should be at least 200%, which means you used up 100%, you still have another 100% spare.  If I am his PM, he should be smiling in bed by now.

On 4/29/2022 at 2:59 PM, singalion said:

Not really.

But then are you accepting that bigger countries have "interest spheres" or "spheres of influence", so Russia has a right to control the countries bordering to Russia?

Oh please!!!!  Don't get me started on your myopic lenses.  War strategist will tell you that Ukraine is a massive piece of fertilised land, linking Russia gas pipe to the West and near to the  black sea.  If Russia don't take it, America will dominate every aspect of Ukrainian lives, thru its pro-USA president and capitalised on the entire country, next to its enemy border.   America nationalistic Steve5380 once said, the strongest and fittest shall dominate and control the world.  If Putin allows that to happen, he is an idiot!!  Are you?

Edited by Why?

On 4/29/2022 at 3:23 PM, Why? said:

Oh please!!!!  Don't get me started on your myopic lenses.  War strategist will tell you that Ukraine is a massive piece of fertilised land, linking Russia gas pipe to the West and near to the  black sea.  If Russia don't take it, America will dominate every aspect of Ukrainian lives, thru its pro-USA president and capitalised on the entire country, next to its enemy border.   America nationalistic Steve5380 once said, the strongest and fittest shall dominate and control the world.  If Putin allows that to happen, he is an idiot!!  Are you?

Please get your perspectives right. We are not talking about whether the West or Russia should control the Ukraine. It is the argument about the autonomy of a sovereign state. As an independent country, that the Ukraine is, the Ukrainians should be allowed to decide what they want to do.

Did they ask Russia to invade them? Obviously not! You see even the once-Russia-leaning cities like Kherson and Kharkiv fighting and protesting the Russian INVASION. That shows that it is against the will of the people there.

If, and when this conflict ends, it is up to the Ukrainians to chart their own way. Of course, the different powers can court the country, so that the Ukraine will be more aligned with them, but that is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from invading the country!

Слава Україні!

Your reasoning is as flawed as ever! Using your logic, Indonesia had every right to invade Singapore during the Confrontasi, because Singapore, Malaya, Sabah and Sarawak combined would have "tipped the scales". What utter nonsense! Just because the balance of power changes in the region, does not give a country any right to invade another!

Слава Україні!

On 4/29/2022 at 2:23 AM, Why? said:

No one was threatening Russia with invasion. Russia has a solid protection against any attack thanks to its nukes.  It could have continued getting food from Ukraine and sending its hydrocarbons to Europe through this country.  It could be in FRIENDLY terms with Ukraine,  even if the Ukrainians become more liberal and progressive.  They are no threat to Russia.

And America nationalistic Steve5380 thinks that since the strongest and fittest shall dominate and control the world,  that country that has decent laws, excellent constitution, and ( still ) a good moral backbone should be this "strongest and fittest".  From an impartial point of view,  it seems that America fulfills this requirements, even with its mistakes of foreign policies and mistakes and some abuses of its military force.  No one is perfect.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, Steve5380 said:

Here is the video of Biden's speech today,  of which I posted the headlines earlier.   This reveals how the US government thinks about the conflict,  and I could not be more proud of Biden's plans and actions.  It is not difficult to imagine what that ex.. ex... would do in his position ,  how much he would kiss and lick Putin's ass instead.  I hope that the US electorate remembers that abominable sick "admiration" of Trump for Putin,  and rejects him and his followers.

Lol. It is no coincidence Russia invaded Ukraine just after Biden took over. History repeated itself now after Russia annexed Crimea during Obama VP Biden tenure. Was Russia threatened in any way by Obama’s and Biden’s foreign policies that they have to take such dramatic actions? Or did Russia sense weakness in Biden? 

Guest Putin
On 4/29/2022 at 9:08 PM, Steve5380 said:

seems that America fulfills this requirements, even with its mistakes of foreign policies and mistakes and some abuses of its military force.  No one is perfect.

Such imperfection has no place to preach to other people  what is right or wrong.  Putin see Ukraine, as another Taiwan , where America could use as pawn to control the region, worse than invasion. 

On 4/29/2022 at 10:14 AM, 7heaven said:

Lol. It is no coincidence Russia invaded Ukraine just after Biden took over. History repeated itself now after Russia annexed Crimea during Obama VP Biden tenure. Was Russia threatened in any way by Obama’s and Biden’s foreign policies that they have to take such dramatic actions? Or did Russia sense weakness in Biden? 

You seem to have a point...   in the fantasy novel you are writing in your brain...

Russia invaded Crimea when Biden was VP,  and now invades Ukraine when Biden is President.  It's a relief that Biden cannot reach a more powerful position,  because then Russia would invade the whole planet!  

Russia sensed the weakness in Biden?  This must have been the terrible miscalculation of Putin,  who now may not find a way to free himself from the abysmal situation he got himself into.

On 4/29/2022 at 11:13 AM, Guest Putin said:

Such imperfection has no place to preach to other people  what is right or wrong.  Putin see Ukraine, as another Taiwan , where America could use as pawn to control the region, worse than invasion. 

America has surely exerted some influence in Singapore,  but this world power, even with its imperfections, has not thrown any bombs onto your maternity hospitals and schools.  

On 4/30/2022 at 12:19 AM, Steve5380 said:

You seem to have a point...   in the fantasy novel you are writing in your brain...

Russia invaded Crimea when Biden was VP,  and now invades Ukraine when Biden is President.  It's a relief that Biden cannot reach a more powerful position,  because then Russia would invade the whole planet!  

Russia sensed the weakness in Biden?  This must have been the terrible miscalculation of Putin,  who now may not find a way to free himself from the abysmal situation he got himself into.

Biden is now dragging US into the conflict. He is asking US Congress for $33billion to help Ukraine. What’s next if Russia continues? Another $33billion? When does it end? 

Ukraine is being treated like a chessboard by Russia and US and its allies where they battle it out in Ukraine. 

When Biden had all the intel about Russia building up troops around Ukraine last October, he did not take more proactive steps to dissuade Russia from invading. That was a foreign policy and perhaps strategic mistake by Biden administration. Biden did not learn from his time as US VP when Russia invaded and annexed Crimea and his 40+years as senator seemed wasted too as that did not serve him well to avoid this disaster. 

And 1 of the biggest irony is after taking office, Biden endorsed the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline from Russia to Germany. Germany promptly halted it after Russia invaded Ukraine. 

Edited by 7heaven
s

Even if you do believe in your concept of balancing scales, can you condone the destruction wrought on Ukraine just so to keep this artificial balance. Thousands of people have died (Russian lives have been lost too). Millions have been displaced. Critical infrastructure has been destroyed. Minor dents is a gross understatement. 

Some people think that countries should be able to throw out any rule of law, just because the regional power play goes against their favour. Do realise that this is 2022, and mankind decided after the awful World Wars that there should be laws to govern how countries resolve disputes. Hence the United Nations, and various conventions, like the Geneva Convention.

Of course, I have stated that the United Nations Security Council was doomed to failure when they gave the permanent members the power of the veto. It has been likened to giving the biggest playground bullies the right to police the playground.

Balance? Well, that is why there is the non-aligned movement. Countries that do not want to be pulled into the never-ending struggle between the major powers.

Слава Україні!

On 4/30/2022 at 1:28 AM, Kenichi said:

Even if you do believe in your concept of balancing scales, can you condone the destruction wrought on Ukraine just so to keep this artificial balance. Thousands of people have died (Russian lives have been lost too). Millions have been displaced. Critical infrastructure has been destroyed. Minor dents is a gross understatement. 

You are over-reliance on the western medias.  The destruction of buildings is not a good indicator that many civilians were killed.  Many ukranians have already evacuated their home to the Western zone during the war.  Those who stay behind, can still be seen walking their dogs, attending private tution or doing their business, with little customers though (they were interviewed by BBC that life in city resume, in the rubbles of broken buildings).   Ukranian Soldiers who died, were buried by Russian and should not be counted as innocent civilians.  Taking into the account of casualty and the number of Ukraine population, it is not even a tiny fraction of Hitler's genocide. Zelenskky did not disclose the actual number, regardless how small.   There is a reason behind it,  Putin wanted the land not the civilians, unless the latter tried to get in the way instead of running away.  I know I would because I am not a Gladiator and will not be deluding myself to fight with a lion in the Roman Colosseum.. while those in the ivory tower cheers on.

Edited by Why?

On 4/29/2022 at 9:58 PM, Why? said:

Ukranian Soldiers who died, were buried by Russian and should not be counted as innocent civilians.  Taking into the account of casualty and the number of Ukraine population, it is not even a tiny fraction of Hitler's genocide. Zelenskky did not disclose the actual number, regardless how small.   There is a reason behind it,  Putin wanted the land not the civilians, unless the latter tried to get in the way instead of running away. 

You are finding that Putin is not having killed enough Ukrainian civilians.  Compared to what Hitler did, what Putin is doing is only tiny.  

And you justify Putin since he wants the land,  not the civilians living on it.  So if these civilians don't run away like chicken, then they stay in the way,  and he has to do what he is doing.

You are such a kind person!  Your goodness is melting my heart !

On 4/30/2022 at 11:23 AM, Steve5380 said:

You are finding that Putin is not having killed enough Ukrainian civilians.  Compared to what Hitler did, what Putin is doing is only tiny.  

And you justify Putin since he wants the land,  not the civilians living on it.  So if these civilians don't run away like chicken, then they stay in the way,  and he has to do what he is doing.

You are such a kind person!  Your goodness is melting my heart !

Yes, your heart needs to be melted if you compare the size of civilians who died under America invasions, around the world, as compared to Russia's.  I don't expect America is going to stop their "big brother" attitude of bullying soon. 

Edited by Why?

On 4/30/2022 at 10:58 AM, Why? said:

You are over-reliance on the western medias.  The destruction of buildings is not a good indicator that many civilians were killed.  Many ukranians have already evacuated their home to the Western zone during the war.  Those who stay behind, can still be seen walking their dogs, attending private tution or doing their business, with little customers though (they were interviewed by BBC that life in city resume, in the rubbles of broken buildings).   Ukranian Soldiers who died, were buried by Russian and should not be counted as innocent civilians.  Taking into the account of casualty and the number of Ukraine population, it is not even a tiny fraction of Hitler's genocide. Zelenskky did not disclose the actual number, regardless how small.   There is a reason behind it,  Putin wanted the land not the civilians, unless the latter tried to get in the way instead of running away.  I know I would because I am not a Gladiator and will not be deluding myself to fight with a lion in the Roman Colosseum.. while those in the ivory tower cheers on.

Soldiers are people too. They need not have died if Putin has not started the war. Of course there are people who are still leading normal lives in Ukraine - Ukraine is a huge country. Do you want the whole of Ukraine to lie in ruins before you believe the news reports.  And your comment that the people who have perished in this war is only a fraction of Hitler's genocide, and the suggestion that this is ok, is callous, to say the least. I hope you are just bent on winning an argument, and not because you actually believe that the lives lost is justified.

On 4/30/2022 at 11:43 AM, Kenichi said:

Soldiers are people too. They need not have died if Putin has not started the war. Of course there are people who are still leading normal lives in Ukraine - Ukraine is a huge country. Do you want the whole of Ukraine to lie in ruins before you believe the news reports.  And your comment that the people who have perished in this war is only a fraction of Hitler's genocide, and the suggestion that this is ok, is callous, to say the least. I hope you are just bent on winning an argument, and not because you actually believe that the lives lost is justified.

No lives lost is justified.  My thinking process is too look a the entire jungle for what it is, instead of a few lost trees which the social media would often paint as world catastrophe to stir emotions.  If push come to shove  and nuke is activated, that is another story for another time.  Putin has already warned ahead of time, how nice off him in this regard.

Edited by Why?