Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

Guest Pinocchio
On 3/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, Steve5380 said:

Yet, some truths are more true than others.  

By judging the length of their nose? Most Asian have small cute nose. 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, Guest Pinocchio said:

By judging the length of their nose? Most Asian have small cute nose. 

What would you prefer?  Small cute nose and small cute dick?  Or both long?

I would prefer small cute Asians even if their dick is small,  since I am not a bottom.

But if you are an Ukrainian today,  you will prefer a guy with everything large and strong, willing to die for his country.

Guest Not too sure
On 3/25/2022 at 2:52 AM, Steve5380 said:

But if you are an Ukrainian today,  you will prefer a guy with everything large and strong, willing to die for his country.

I realised the Ukrainian president look quite short and small among the NATO leaders.  Can he actually fight?

On 3/24/2022 at 2:21 PM, Guest Not too sure said:

I realised the Ukrainian president look quite short and small among the NATO leaders.  Can he actually fight?

Well,  Napoleon was also quite short, and so is Putin.   Zelenskyy is showing that he is very good at the kind of fighting he needs to do as a leader.  He shows courage and is motivating his people to fight.  And he also shows his strength addressing the governments of countries that can help his cause.

Hitler (1.75m), Hirohito (1.65m), Mussolini (1.69m) were all not particularly tall, but created a lot of trouble during the Second World War. Height has nothing to do with the ability to get others to fight...

Слава Україні!

This one is funny.

And Italian courts don't accept Rubel to pay the court fees!

Russian tanks don't kill civilians, was it?

Russian ambassador sues Italian daily over Putin article

Reuters, March 25, 2022

ROME, March 25 (Reuters) - The Russian ambassador to Italy, Sergey Razov, said on Friday he was suing Italian newspaper La Stampa over an article that had raised the possibility of killing President Vladimir Putin.

Russian ambassador to Italy, Sergey Razov, makes a statement to the press, in Rome

"Needless to say that this goes against the rules of journalism and morality," Razov told reporters in front of the prosecutor's office in Rome after he had deposited the suit.

On March 22 La Stampa published an analysis headlined "If killing the tyrant is the only option". The piece said if all other options failed to halt the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the only solution might be for someone to kill the president.

Speaking through a translator, Razov said his suit accused the newspaper of soliciting and condoning a crime.

La Stampa editor Massimo Giannini dismissed the accusation.

"We do not take lessons from an illiberal regime that slaughters humanity and truth," he said in a video posted on the newspaper's website.

Giannini said La Stampa's contested analysis had concluded by saying that killing a tyrant hardly ever resolved problems and could make things even worse.

Putin has called Russia's invasion of Ukraine a "special military operation" to disarm Ukraine and protect it from "Nazis". The West calls that a false pretext for an unprovoked war of aggression.

Razov also criticised on Friday Italy's decision to send weapons to Ukraine to help it fight off the Russians. L8N2V42YQ 

"The thing that worries us is that the Italian weapons will be used to kill Russian citizens," Razov said. "There are thousands and thousands of guns out there and it is not clear how and when they will be used".

Italy had strong links with the Soviet Union during the Cold War, and these ties improved during Putin's long rule.

Prime Minister Mario Draghi has redressed the balance since taking office in 2021, promoting a vigorous, pro-NATO line.

"I think that crises come and go and this one too will go away. But the national interest always remains. I believe that the key interest of the Russian and Italian peoples is to maintain normal relations," Razov said.

Edited by singalion

On 3/25/2022 at 10:05 AM, sgmaven said:

Hitler (1.75m), Hirohito (1.65m), Mussolini (1.69m) were all not particularly tall, but created a lot of trouble during the Second World War. Height has nothing to do with the ability to get others to fight...

Putin:

Vladimir Putin

1.70m (some articles say 1.68)

Jun 17, 2019

On 3/25/2022 at 3:46 AM, Steve5380 said:

Napoleon was also quite short, and so is Putin.   Zelenskyy is showing that he is very good at the kind of fighting he needs to do as a leader. 

If you had done some research first, then you had found that Zelenskiy is just 170cm also

but his ego seems less as he doesn't wear "high heels".

Edited by singalion

On 3/26/2022 at 5:02 PM, singalion said:

If you had done some research first, then you had found that Zelenskiy is just 170cm also

but his ego seems less as he doesn't wear "high heels".

Interesting. I didn't know that Macron is only 1.75 m (below average height by European standards I should think). 

On 3/26/2022 at 9:53 AM, Kenichi said:

Interesting. I didn't know that Macron is only 1.75 m (below average height by European standards I should think). 

Why should you have known the height of Macron or any other president?  What deranged person thinks that one should know that?

What matters is the character of the individual, not his height. 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:05 PM, sgmaven said:

TrudeauMacron-800x450.jpg

Macron is not tall, just by seeing photos of him with world leaders.

French President Emmanuel Macron welcomes Singapore's Prime Minister Lee  Hsien Loong as he arrives at the Elysee Palace in Paris, France, July 13,  2018. REUTERS/Pascal Rossignol Stock Photo - Alamy

In fact, you can clearly see he is much shorter than LHL.

Now that I know that he is much shorter than LHL,  I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Guest Don’t Confuse
On 3/29/2022 at 4:10 AM, Steve5380 said:

Why should you have known the height of Macron or any other president?  What deranged person thinks that one should know that?

Once again you draw meaningless comparisons. Why do you bother? It is so boring.

Guest Don’t Confuse
On 3/30/2022 at 7:55 AM, Steve5380 said:

Are you also as short as Macron?

What on earth does my height - or your for that matter - to do with the subject of the thread? Zilch! Don’t confuse the issue.

Guest Let me Guess
On 3/30/2022 at 9:39 AM, Guest Don’t Confuse said:

What on earth does my height - or your for that matter - to do with the subject of the thread? Zilch! Don’t confuse the issue.

Steve is 1.68m.  He has insecurity syndrome.  He is trying to bring others to his level (of height) to uplift his ego.  He was dissappointed that Asian can be taller than european. 

On 3/29/2022 at 10:16 PM, Guest Let me Guess said:

Steve is 1.68m.  He has insecurity syndrome.  He is trying to bring others to his level (of height) to uplift his ego.  He was dissappointed that Asian can be taller than european. 

Yes, I can be 1.68m if I bend my legs.  But when I stand normal I am taller than Hitler, Hirohito, Mussolini, Macron.  Not by much, but I don't need to be of above normal height.   Are you as tall as I am when you wear high heels?

It seems that "the impact" of Ukraine's invasion on BW is drifting towards a discussion of heights?

Guest War Strategist
On 3/31/2022 at 2:44 AM, Steve5380 said:

It seems that "the impact" of Ukraine's invasion on BW is drifting towards a discussion of heights?

Battle is often won by the control of height. Once you are on higher ground, you are already half battle won.  Anyway, you won't understand simple logic as this.

On 3/30/2022 at 5:13 PM, Guest War Strategist said:

Battle is often won by the control of height. Once you are on higher ground, you are already half battle won.  Anyway, you won't understand simple logic as this.

Oh wise strategist,  I think I understand.  If you control the height, it is easier for you to throw things down at your enemy instead of having to throw them up.  But isn't this a little outdated,  more for the time humans fought with stones?   Today isn't it more important to have control of the sky,  and let bombs fall regardless of the height of the enemy?  Or to have surface launched hypersonic missiles? 

On 3/29/2022 at 5:10 AM, Steve5380 said:

Of course, physical attributes or appearance do not determine a person's character.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:05 AM, sgmaven said:

TrudeauMacron-800x450.jpg

Macron is not tall, just by seeing photos of him with world leaders.

French President Emmanuel Macron welcomes Singapore's Prime Minister Lee  Hsien Loong as he arrives at the Elysee Palace in Paris, France, July 13,  2018. REUTERS/Pascal Rossignol Stock Photo - Alamy

In fact, you can clearly see he is much shorter than LHL.

I know they are straight but I like the way they hold each other and look into each other's eyes, faces oh so close (Sorry for this off-topic comment).

😱 Does it still go on with the height discussion. I don't believe it.

Just for info:

As people here tend to claim untruths (often those Guest trolls) I was not banned or suspended, simply suffered a extremely bad stomach issue and food poisoning.

The shopping Mall I intended to buy groceries for healthy home cooking on Sunday was closed for hours. As I did not want to waste any time and considering the 500m queue (no safe distancing at all) in front of the gantry and TraceTogether scan, I bought some food at a food court (not a hawker) brought it home and ate it. Sunday my stomach was ok but making some irritating movements in the evening. Monday evening it hit me bad, I couldn't move, everything was in pain and feeling extremely dizzy. And it is still not recovered by today. I guess the chicken meat was not properly frozen or something else happened. But no hope for Guest trolls, I survived... 😂

The hygiene in Singapore food establishments seem to decline, is it because of higher food prices?

Ukraine topic.

Ukraine seems to move just tiny steps.

I think the defence from Ukraine is already a slap into the face of Putin.

Let's see how Monday is going when Russia needs to pay the debts. (2 billion USD on Monday.) Russia will have another 30 days after the lapse it will be declared bankrupt. Will Putin dare this?

Edited by singalion

Hope you are feeling better, Singalion.

Before it invaded Ukraine, Russia said that it had no plans to attack it. Hopefully it will be different this round. But even if it withdrew from around Kiev, it would still be a sad day for international law and order, as Russia would still retain a big chunk of Ukraine's territory in Donbas. I think it's difficult for Ukraine to hold out on the Donbass region if it wants a quick resolution to the conflict, unfortunately.

On 3/31/2022 at 5:12 AM, Kenichi said:

Before it invaded Ukraine, Russia said that it had no plans to attack it. Hopefully it will be different this round. But even if it withdrew from around Kiev, it would still be a sad day for international law and order, as Russia would still retain a big chunk of Ukraine's territory in Donbas. I think it's difficult for Ukraine to hold out on the Donbass region if it wants a quick resolution to the conflict, unfortunately.

Russia's government has given ample proof that what it says cannot be trusted.  At all!

BTW,  I applaud my president Biden for the way he handled himself in Europe, condemning Putin as criminal and even letting escape his opinion that he should not remain in power.  It has been successfully clarified that this was his own feeling and not a statement of policy.

One sees no easy resolution in sight.  The conflict could last much longer.  It may result in an exodus of women and children from Ukraine and mostly men staying back,  possibly with their spirit of fighting the Russians as volunteer soldiers.  This will not stop the destruction of the cities by the bombardment, but it could result in the complete destruction of the invading Russian army if NATO hopefully keeps putting tons of weapons into the Ukrainian fighter's hands.

Meanwhile, the economic sanctions keep affecting Russia.  The European nations stay under the threat of oil shortages, so they will intensify their actions to find alternative fuels,  which should help the environment.   Even here in America the population, if it were smarter, would reduce the consumption of oil products,  something I hold little hope for.

For the time being,  the threat of a world war III is not escalating,  and this will give time for America to perfect our hypersonic ballistic missiles to match and even surpass the capabilities of Russia,  which should further dissuade the Kremlin from starting a nuclear war.

Ukraine: Bodies, destroyed tanks line streets as Russia retreats

So sad to see the carnage left behind by the "retreating" Russians from around Kyiv. The dead civilians, with their hands tied behind their backs and shot in the heads.

I know war is never pretty, but I hope that people will be made to be accountable for their actions.

Слава Україні!

On 4/4/2022 at 2:49 AM, Guest You believe Western News? said:

It could be fake news.  Youtube and many Western medias have spread that Russia lose the battle, many Russian soliders died, Putin was ill informed by his General,  Russian rape women, Russian run out of grocery, Russian loss many cities in Ukraine, Russian fail to succeed, Russian tanks destroyed, helicopters destroyed, ships destroyed...

You believe meh?

I still see many Ukraine civilians walking about a ruined city, as if they were not afraid of any bombs exploding.  Also the president of Ukraine never declare the number of soliders casualty and simply said only a few died but Russian casualities were in ten of thousands.

You believe meh?

"Fake news", eh?   Also "fake pictures" ???

Are you a member of China's communist party?   Because in the PRC,  the communists are launching a campaign of public indoctrination where Putin is the brave good guy and the West is the responsible of the Ukraine war and the perpetrator of atrocities.  You sound like either an indoctrinated, or an indoctrinator.

It is almost laughable that people choose to believe in the swill that gets broadcast on RT. Of course, I am not saying that the Ukrainians are not dying in the war. In fact, many have sacrificed their lives, including the soldiers trying their level best to hold on to strategic cities like Mariupol and Kharkiv.

However, do you think that all the pictures and videos of bombed-out Russian tanks are faked? If so, I think you need to seek help from a psychiatrist.

Yes, no doubt that the Ukraine is part of a proxy war between Russia and the West. However, it does not mean that Russia is not suffering losses, and all that is being made up by the media from the West.

Слава Україні!

Some indoctrinated Russian must have infiltrated our forum, hiding behind a "guest" profile.

0cf0e7d7-e93c-4c40-b7b9-c7c441b1e95e.jpg

If the rhetoric by Putin or his cronies were true, there wouldn't need to be acts of courage like this lady.

Слава Україні!

While you are quite right that Ukraine is just a pawn in this proxy war between the West and Russia, don't forget that innocent civilians are still being killed by Russian troops.

It is ridiculous that you lay the blame all on to the West, and not the least on Russia. While it is true that many actions by the West and NATO served to provoke Putin, it is Russia who did not seek a diplomatic solution and chose armed conflict. Remember also that this all started in 2014, with the annexation of the Crimean peninsula.

Yes, the defense industries of the West profit from the war in the Ukraine, and there is no doubt about it. However, neither the West nor the Ukraine was the first to send in the tanks to another sovereign country.

The Ukraine is a sovereign nation, with a seat at the United Nations. This is very different in perspective from the China-Taiwan situation, where Taiwan does not have a seat at the UN.

Слава Україні!

On 3/31/2022 at 6:12 PM, Kenichi said:

Hope you are feeling better, Singalion.

There is a price to every war. 

China is as reliant on Western technology as Russia is. Which means even China requires technological products from the West otherwise certain infrastructure remains on a second class or substandard level. 

Same goes for Russia and also it shows that China can't replace this Western key technology. 

There are reports that certain medical stocks in Russia are already depleted, second while medical supplies is not on the sanction list, however shipping lines have cancelled all shipments and stopped clearing of cargo or beerthing at Russian ports. 

Second, Ukraine has made clear it won't concede any territory for peace. There is no shift on the position on this. 

Putin has no chance to win the war, unless he manages to conquer Ukraine, which Russia seems incapable of. 

Russia thought the world relies its resources but it was proven wrong. 

Edited by singalion

War is never a good thing, and pity the civilians caught up in the conflict. As I have said before, none of the permanent members of the Security Council at the United Nations are free of any blame when it comes to armed conflict in the world. That system is broken, because it rewarded the biggest guys in the playground to be the guards, so to speak.

Back to the topic of the WAR that Russia launched on the Ukraine, it is obvious who chose armed conflict first. And it did not start in February this year, but back in 2014, when Russia seized the Crimean peninsula from the Ukraine (in addition to aiding the separatist efforts in the Donbas).

I am sure that Russia thought that this would have been a swift "operation" to install a new regime that was Russia-leaning in the Ukraine. The thought that the predominantly Russian-speaking and Russian-leaning part of the Ukraine would welcome the Russian invaders as liberators. They also thought that the former-comedian turned President Zelensky, would opt to escape the country at the first sign of trouble (much like how their own crony, Yanukovych).

That never happened, and the people in the Eastern Ukraine have put up very brave resistance to the Russians. I admire the bravery of the civilians in Kherson, who marched on the Russian troops when they were unarmed. If anything has happened, I think the Russian invasion has steeled the Ukrainian people against their stronger neighbour. Even if they do not eventually join NATO or the EU, I think many will never forgive Moscow for their "betrayal" against a fellow Slavic brother.

Слава Україні!

On 4/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, sgmaven said:

War is never a good thing, and pity the civilians caught up in the conflict. As I have said before, none of the permanent members of the Security Council at the United Nations are free of any blame when it comes to armed conflict in the world. That system is broken, because it rewarded the biggest guys in the playground to be the guards, so to speak.

Back to the topic of the WAR that Russia launched on the Ukraine, it is obvious who chose armed conflict first. And it did not start in February this year, but back in 2014, when Russia seized the Crimean peninsula from the Ukraine (in addition to aiding the separatist efforts in the Donbas).

I am sure that Russia thought that this would have been a swift "operation" to install a new regime that was Russia-leaning in the Ukraine. The thought that the predominantly Russian-speaking and Russian-leaning part of the Ukraine would welcome the Russian invaders as liberators. They also thought that the former-comedian turned President Zelensky, would opt to escape the country at the first sign of trouble (much like how their own crony, Yanukovych).

That never happened, and the people in the Eastern Ukraine have put up very brave resistance to the Russians. I admire the bravery of the civilians in Kherson, who marched on the Russian troops when they were unarmed. If anything has happened, I think the Russian invasion has steeled the Ukrainian people against their stronger neighbour. Even if they do not eventually join NATO or the EU, I think many will never forgive Moscow for their "betrayal" against a fellow Slavic brother.

I have nearly exactly the same view:

Putin's delusional view of Ukraine welcoming him as liberator. He did not see that the support of Zelenskiy by Ukrainians was real. 

We have seen a lot of civil opposition against the Russian soldiers. 

Maybe all such dictators  will have their "Waterloo".

I am always hopeful. Even if Ukraine agrees not to join Nato it still will in future. Why should Ukraine comply with any Russian agreement if Russia vastly evidenced it doesn't care about any such agreements (Budapest Memorandum 1994). 

On 4/7/2022 at 2:15 PM, singalion said:

Putin's delusional view of Ukraine welcoming him as liberator. He did not see that the support of Zelenskiy by Ukrainians was real.

Don't forget that opinion polls were showing that Zelensky had very low support by the Ukrainian people before the invasion began. Little did Putin know that Zelensky would rise up to the challenge, and become the leader of his people in their greatest time of adversity and need.

Слава Україні!

I think, no one in the Ukraine, Russia or the West expected Zelensky to really rise up to the challenge, and face Putin in the war. Everyone expected him to take the first flight out, and hence Putin thought that regime change would have been easy.

Nothing in Zelensky's past spoke of what would become of him, that he is becoming one of the all-time great leaders of nations at war and in crisis.

Слава Україні!

On 4/7/2022 at 5:55 PM, Guest Quite the opposite said:

History will also judge him unkindly if civilian casualties mount.  A president, who ruined his own country shortly after he was elected.   

Why do you have this opinion?

You believe he angered Putin and hence triggered the war? Or that he should have surrendered at the beginning and not fight?

Curious...

On 4/7/2022 at 6:03 PM, Dreamaway said:

Why do you have this opinion?

You believe he angered Putin and hence triggered the war? Or that he should have surrendered at the beginning and not fight?

Curious...

not worth to interfere obvious Guest trolls

On 4/7/2022 at 6:55 PM, singalion said:

not worth to interfere obvious Guest trolls

I won't be surprised if the Russians have infiltrated this forum. A friend posted something on Russia and War on social media, and had an almost immediate anonymous call from Russia...

Слава Україні!

On 4/7/2022 at 9:32 PM, Guest huh? said:

If so, then Russian are not entirely anti-LGBT to be willing to come here for discussion.   You think too highly of this gay forum.  Take it easy.  The war won't stop just because people views differ. 

Excuse me? Not anti-LGBT just because they infiltrate the forum, and plant their lies? Do remember that just because one visits this forum, does not mean that they are pro-LGBT or even liberal in their views. Perhaps I think too highly of BW, but do not doubt the numbers that make of the cyber-army of Russia.

Слава Україні!

On 4/7/2022 at 8:09 PM, sgmaven said:

I won't be surprised if the Russians have infiltrated this forum. A friend posted something on Russia and War on social media, and had an almost immediate anonymous call from Russia...

Putin called in person? lol

On 4/7/2022 at 7:09 AM, sgmaven said:

Any persons with malicious intentions can post in this forum, as members or guests,  from Russia or Bangkok or anywhere.  Not only to infect the forum with pro-Russia propaganda but even more common,  anti-American propaganda. 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:44 AM, Steve5380 said:

Any persons with malicious intentions can post in this forum, as members or guests,  from Russia or Bangkok or anywhere.  Not only to infect the forum with pro-Russia propaganda but even more common,  anti-American propaganda. 

Steve, don't always try to play the innocent victim here. 

Many of your past posts or reactions to your posts were extremely inappropriate. Did you forget you got a ban , not that friendly fellow from Thailand's capital. 

Please reflect more on yourself. 

And maybe you just dig that atrocities and let them rest in peace. 

Edited by singalion

On 4/8/2022 at 3:44 AM, Steve5380 said:

America is as not innocent as you think and equally not innocent as you think you are. 

Unfortunately, the US did not always behave by the rules. 

The world is not blind. 

If the US had more respected the UN convention and sovereignty of states the US would have achieved much more respect and standing in the world. 

If the US criticises everyone and everything in the world, aren't other countries allowed to criticise the US also?

I find it disappointing that you consider such critic as "Anti-Americanism". 

Your reaction in fact shows the same reflex as Russia against Ukraine. 

There is a poster here,  by the alias @singalion, who seems obsessed with absolute anonymity. 

I asked repeatedly what is his nationality,  what is his native language. I didn't dare to ask his age. -> Absolute silence.  Not that it matters at all.  His data is irrelevant.  But one datum I would like to know:  if he is a Catholic. 

Because if he is Catholic,  I would like to ask the Vatican to start procedures to canonize him, as a first step to Sainthood. Yes, Saint Singalion.  The man is Perfect.  We will never be innocent, since he is the Absolute Innocence.  For this same reason, no nation can be innocent.

And no matter how hard we try, calling criticism by what it is, he will be "disappointed" because we are not perfect like he is, and instead,  we are like Russians towards Ukrainians.

And he wants us to let atrocities... rest in peace.   To do so, we should start deleting 90% of this thread,  ha ha.

Now I understand why he does not reveal anything about himself.  He is impersonating the Perfect Creature. 

On 4/8/2022 at 9:22 AM, Steve5380 said:

There is a poster here,  by the alias @singalion, who seems obsessed with absolute anonymity. 

I asked repeatedly what is his nationality,  what is his native language. I didn't dare to ask his age. -> Absolute silence.  Not that it matters at all.  His data is irrelevant.  But one datum I would like to know:  if he is a Catholic. 

Because if he is Catholic,  I would like to ask the Vatican to start procedures to canonize him, as a first step to Sainthood. Yes, Saint Singalion.  The man is Perfect.  We will never be innocent, since he is the Absolute Innocence.  For this same reason, no nation can be innocent.

And no matter how hard we try, calling criticism by what it is, he will be "disappointed" because we are not perfect like he is, and instead,  we are like Russians towards Ukrainians.

And he wants us to let atrocities... rest in peace.   To do so, we should start deleting 90% of this thread,  ha ha.

Now I understand why he does not reveal anything about himself.  He is impersonating the Perfect Creature. 

You did not ask what nationality I have but whether I am from some English town in Northern England, which I declined. 

I also have to disappoint you on your second question. 

I am happy not to be born as a Catholic as it might have troubled my path to being or accepting being gay. 

I find that guilt ridden way as the Catholic church does hurtful things to psyche and wellbeing. Even many motives by criminals can be traced back to the Catholic religion (sin theorem). 

But I wouldn't mind having an audience with the pope. 

However, I guess I have been a Saint already after I was born, as my birthday fell on  Sunday just before church time...

Can Saints be sinners?

Edited by singalion

Oh... the Perfect Creature got a little dent in his perfection because he does not remember that I DID ask him for his nationality.

And another dent:  his question "Can Saints be sinners"  gives away that HE IS a sinner.  

The answer is obvious:  to be a Saint requires to have passed away.  Dead bodies don't sin.

However, having been a sinner does not disqualify a person from sainthood. Classical example:  Apostle St. Paul.

On 4/7/2022 at 4:04 PM, sgmaven said:

Don't forget that opinion polls were showing that Zelensky had very low support by the Ukrainian people before the invasion began. Little did Putin know that Zelensky would rise up to the challenge, and become the leader of his people in their greatest time of adversity and need.

I suppose low support for political leaders does not equate to willingness to be invaded, just as loyalty to one's country does not mean love for the ruling party.

On 4/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, Kenichi said:

I suppose low support for political leaders does not equate to willingness to be invaded, just as loyalty to one's country does not mean love for the ruling party.

Exactly. Just that I think many thought that Zelensky would run away at the first hint of trouble, but instead, he stood his ground, and rallied the Ukrainians to resist the Russian invasion. I respect him for that. Including his response to the US offer for a trip out of Kyiv.

May be the Kremlin was on so much Kool-Aid that they actually thought that the Russian-speakers in the Ukraine were feeling oppressed, and were looking for Russian "liberation".

Слава Україні!