Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

On 7/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, sgmaven said:

Does the construction of infrastructure by giant corporations that may threaten your export of materials warrant an invasion of another country? Note that these "giant corporations" are business entities, and not government-linked entities in the first place.

If you frame it that way, it would justify the start of lots of wars in Asia, since the Chinese "Belt-and-Road" initiative is building infrastructure that would impact the supply lines for countries not involved in that initiative. Does India then have the right to annex parts of Pakistan then?

I think you would have to agree that this makes your argument untenable. And that is when the Chinese "Belt-and-Road" initiative is government-led, and not even a purely commercial arrangement!

If you want to have a classic example of whataboutism, this is it. 

US and Russia do this and that, then what about China?

On 8/21/2022 at 1:39 AM, Startup said:

Respectfully, this thread is about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. China has been happily supporting Russia. However, what my point is, whatever "infrastructural projects" there may be in other countries, it DOES NOT WARRANT the start of a war to invade that nation.

Слава Україні!

On 8/21/2022 at 2:36 AM, sgmaven said:

Respectfully, this thread is about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. China has been happily supporting Russia. However, what my point is, whatever "infrastructural projects" there may be in other countries, it DOES NOT WARRANT the start of a war to invade that nation.

Another classic case of one who only reads Anti China propaganda from western media and brain washed by it.

Amazed by the lack of discernment here.

So China supported Russia by asking it to invade Ukraine? 

Very ridiculous conclusion. There are many countries which supported Russia, going by his logic, as they do not sanction Russia and even trade with Russia during Ukraine war.

When a person is anti-China just for the sake of it, all logic goes down the drain.

The advice is to should just focus on the discussion on Ukraine war and not try to do whataboutism on other countries. This only degrades and brings down the quality of the discussion. 

On 8/21/2022 at 4:26 AM, Startup said:

So China supported Russia by asking it to invade Ukraine? 

Very ridiculous conclusion. There are many countries which supported Russia, going by his logic, as they do not sanction Russia and even trade with Russia during Ukraine war.

Did I say that China instigated Russia to invade Ukraine? Obviously not. However, China has chosen not to condemn that invasion, and PRC domestic media does not report the invasion as it is, much to the consternation of some Chinese netizens who were living in the Ukraine when the invasion happened.

Слава Україні!

On 8/21/2022 at 4:55 AM, sgmaven said:

Did I say that China instigated Russia to invade Ukraine? Obviously not. However, China has chosen not to condemn that invasion, and PRC domestic media does not report the invasion as it is, much to the consternation of some Chinese netizens who were living in the Ukraine when the invasion happened.

I merely gave feedback on your poor quality of argument, not here to engage anyone on the discussion of this topic as I find the overall quality of writing very lacking.

To improve your quality of writing, you should avoid using whataboutism as your point of contention.

In this case you happened to use China’s support as a line of argument for why Russia should not invade Ukraine. Let’s accept your POV that China did support Russia but are you able to see how it weakens your argument?

Its ok to be anti-China. 

But do try to write more cogently and coherently. 

On 8/21/2022 at 5:17 AM, Startup said:

I merely gave feedback on your poor quality of argument, not here to engage anyone on the discussion of this topic as I find the overall quality of writing very lacking.

To improve your quality of writing, you should avoid using whataboutism as your point of contention.

In this case you happened to use China’s support as a line of argument for why Russia should not invade Ukraine. Let’s accept your POV that China did support Russia but are you able to see how it weakens your argument?

Its ok to be anti-China. 

And stay to the topic. By not using whataboutism - Rule no 1.

I never said that China's support or lack of it, was the instigation that resulted in the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. What I did say, was that despite near-universal condemnation of the invasion, China chose not to condemn Russia. Of course, condemning such actions would contradict the PRC's own intentions against Taiwan.

Слава Україні!

On 8/20/2022 at 4:44 PM, Startup said:

There is really no need to rebut everything that is written. It gets tiresome. 

With that I will stop responding. 

No need?  You don't seem to believe what you write.  You have been rebutting someone here for many posts.

You may stop responding,  GOOD!   But you surely will not stop reading,  ha ha.

On 8/20/2022 at 3:26 PM, Startup said:

When a person is anti-China just for the sake of it, all logic goes down the drain.

You are right, if for the sake of it.  But it is doubtful that anyone is anti-China just for the sake if it, because...  because there are so many reasons to be anti-China.    Ask the people in Hong Kong.  Ask the Taiwanese. 

On 8/21/2022 at 9:24 AM, Steve5380 said:

You are right, if for the sake of it.  But it is doubtful that anyone is anti-China just for the sake if it, because...  because there are so many reasons to be anti-China.    Ask the people in Hong Kong.  Ask the Taiwanese. 

You are weird.  What happened in China (HongKong, Taiwan), should stay in China.   I didn't see America behaving the same, it wants the world to become involved and affected by America's internal politics and eargnestly wanted to be involved in other people politics too.  It is difficult to have peace in the world when America wanted to be everywhere militarily.  

On 8/20/2022 at 10:36 PM, Sweetie Pie said:

You are weird.  What happened in China (HongKong, Taiwan), should stay in China.   I didn't see America behaving the same, it wants the world to become involved and affected by America's internal politics and eargnestly wanted to be involved in other people politics too.  It is difficult to have peace in the world when America wanted to be everywhere militarily.  

I agree.  What happens in China should stay in China.  I don't want in my country all the fascism and totalitarianism that exists in China.  Xi wants to be president for life.  Trump wanted the same, but he was kicked out.

About America's militarism,  I'll bet that Taiwan is happy that America will defend it from China instead of staying only in America,  and in the same way,  Ukraine is happy that they receive America's weapons to defend themselves.

Its ok to be anti-China.

Let's make it clear. I am not anti-China. I lived and worked in China for a stint. If I were anti-China, I wouldn't even bother to do that. What I am against is a country that marginalises its minorities, and wants them all to have the same idealogy as the Central Government. I am also against a country when it bullies its neighbours, by claiming the majority of the South China Sea as its territorial waters, when it goes against UN conventions.

But this thread is about Russia and the Ukraine, so we should not be talking about China.

Слава Україні!

On 8/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, Sweetie Pie said:

Why should what happens in Hong Kong and Taiwan stay in China? Especially when there is not a good track record of China's handling of human rights in Tibet and Xinjiang?

Anyway, this thread is about Russia and its invasion of the Ukraine. Let's keep to that topic.

Слава Україні!

• 3 weeks later...

over 200 days war already...

Russia-Ukraine war latest: what we know on day 202 of the invasion

Ukrainian forces have recaptured 6,000 sq km in country’s south and east, Zelenskiy says; Kyiv says Russia has stopped sending new troops into Ukraine

Tue 13 Sep 2022

• Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, said his country’s forces had taken back 6,000 sq km (2,400 square miles) of Russian-held territory in the country’s south and east. Ukraine’s forces have continued to press their counterattack in Kharkiv, seeking to take control of almost all of the province. Ukraine’s troops headed north, reportedly recapturing towns all the way to the Russian border.

• Ukraine’s deputy defence minister said fighting is still raging in Ukraine’s north-eastern Kharkiv region. Hanna Malyar said: “The aim is to liberate the Kharkiv region and beyond – all the territories occupied by the Russian Federation. Fighting is continuing. It is still early to say full control has been established over Kharkiv region. Our strength stems from the fact that we are very motivated and that we plan operations thoroughly.”

• The Ukrainian military says it had freed more than 20 settlements in 24 hours. In recent days, Kyiv’s forces have captured territory at least twice the size of greater London, according to the British Ministry of Defence.

• Ukraine’s military says the Antonivsky Bridge across the Dnieper River near occupied Kherson in the south is now unusable by Russian military

• The US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, has said Ukrainian forces had made important progress in their counteroffensive against Russian troops, although it was too early to predict the outcome. “Clearly we’ve seen significant progress by the Ukrainians, particularly in the north-east, and that is a product of the support we’ve provided, but first and foremost it’s a product of the extraordinary courage and resilience of the Ukrainian armed forces and the Ukrainian people,” Blinken told reporters in Mexico City.

• Ukraine’s State Border Service has issued a video which purports to show soldiers tearing down Russian banners and burning the Russian flag in Vovchansk, which is in the north of Ukraine’s Kharkiv region and very close to the border with Russia.

• Russia’s military commanders have stopped sending new units into Ukraine after the counteroffensive, the general staff of the armed forces of Ukraine said on its Facebook page on Monday. “The current situation in the theatre of operations and distrust of the higher command forced a large number of volunteers to categorically refuse the prospect of service in combat conditions.”

• Russian troops have left behind stockpiles of ammunition and other supplies following Ukraine’s counteroffensive in Kharkiv oblast, the Kyiv Independent reports. One analyst estimated that more than 300 vehicles, including tanks, self-propelled mortars and supply trucks, had been lost between 7 and 11 September.

• Russia responded to the counteroffensive by launching missile strikes that cut electricity and water supplies in Kharkiv city for a second time in less than 24 hours, knocking out both on Monday morning just hours after the city authorities had restored 80% of the utilities that had been cut overnight.

• Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin, appeared on state TV on Monday evening, chairing a meeting on the economy at which he made no reference to the military situation and said Russia was holding up in the face of western sanctions. “The economic blitzkrieg tactics, the onslaught they were counting on, did not work”.

• The US assesses that Russia has largely ceded its gains near Kharkiv and many retreating Russian soldiers have exited Ukraine, moving over the border back into Russia, a senior US military official said on Monday. However, the US-based Institute for the Study of War thinktank said that “Ukraine has turned the tide in its favour, but the current counteroffensive will not end the war”.

• Ukrainian authorities have said they are capturing so many Russian prisoners of war the country is running out of space to put them, the Associated Press reports. Ukrainian presidential adviser Oleksiy Arestovich did not specify the number of Russian prisoners, but said the PoWs would be exchanged for Ukrainian service members held by Moscow. Military intelligence spokesperson Andrey Yusov said the captured troops included “significant” numbers of Russian officers.

• Municipal deputies from 18 districts of Moscow and St Petersburg have signed a public statement demanding that Vladimir Putin resign. “We, the municipal deputies of Russia, believe that the actions of President Vladimir Putin harm the future of Russia and its citizens,” read the statement published by Ksenia Torstrem, the municipal deputy of the Semenovsky district of St Petersburg. “Deputies are not yet forbidden to have an opinion. And it is also not forbidden to speak for the resignation of the president. He is not a monarch, but a hired worker, receives a salary from our taxes.”

Ukrainian counteroffensive in Kharkiv province

Area reportedly abandoned by Russian forces

Areas where Ukraine has regained control

Russian-controlled territory and most recent Russian advances*

https://interactive.guim.co.uk/uploader/embed/2022/09/ukraine_advances_120922/giv-6562pvGR2nR9n1cu/Ukraine_Advances_120922-inArticle_620.png

full image here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/13/russia-ukraine-war-latest-what-we-know-on-day-202-of-the-invasion

Is it a plot of Russia or what is going on at the Eastern front?

Guest Art of War

Russia wanted the EU to turn its focus back to Ukraine,  so that the wintertime priorities of the EU citizens, by their own leaders, could be disregarded. The presidents of the EU will eventually be removed by riots across the board. Putin will then return with larger force, warm in the winter, to attack the shivering Ukrainian soldiers once the EU becomes leaderless as a result of mop.

I am Putin's mind reader. Smart right?

On 9/13/2022 at 9:14 PM, Guest Art of War said:

Russia wanted the EU to turn its focus back to Ukraine,  so that the wintertime priorities of the EU citizens, by their own leaders, could be disregarded. The presidents of the EU will eventually be removed by riots across the board. Putin will then return with larger force, warm in the winter, to attack the shivering Ukrainian soldiers once the EU becomes leaderless as a result of mop.

I am Putin's mind reader. Smart right?

You only forgot that Saturn is crossing the line of Jupiter....

Guest Wahahahahha
On 8/21/2022 at 12:15 PM, Steve5380 said:

About America's militarism,  I'll bet that Taiwan is happy that America will defend it from China instead of staying only in America,  

Not in a million year. America cannot physically defend Taiwan or risk violating the one China principle policy.  Besides, America has never won a single war in Asia, what makes it think it can save Taiwan by throwing away thousands of American soldiers into the sea ....wahahahaha

On 9/16/2022 at 7:56 PM, Guest Wahahahahha said:

Not in a million year. America cannot physically defend Taiwan or risk violating the one China principle policy.  Besides, America has never won a single war in Asia, what makes it think it can save Taiwan by throwing away thousands of American soldiers into the sea ....wahahahaha

I don't understand people who laugh with glee when they talk about war! Are you so evil that you are happy when countries go to war? Don't you realise that millions of innocent people suffer and die as a result?

Слава Україні!

On 9/16/2022 at 6:56 AM, Guest Wahahahahha said:

If you can think a little harder,  you will realize that the "one China policy" applies as long as China does not attack Taiwan.  America would not physically defend Taiwan unless it is physically attacked,  and then it is the end of "one China". 

And it is not "throwing away American soldiers".  It is "deploying American soldiers in modern and powerful weapon systems so that they sweep away the Chinese back to their mainland.

On 9/16/2022 at 8:14 AM, sgmaven said:

I don't understand people who laugh with glee when they talk about war! Are you so evil that you are happy when countries go to war? Don't you realise that millions of innocent people suffer and die as a result?

There is a possibility that he has a conscience and moral values,  and his laugh is simply...  laughing at me.   To which I laugh back. :lol:

On 9/16/2022 at 8:16 AM, sgmaven said:

Going to the prisons to recruit soldiers, offering them pardons after service... This is Russia!

There should be some war criminality if a country recruits its criminals to fight against an enemy with the promise of pardons.

Although it is something Donald Trump does.  He surrounded himself with criminals or persons willing to commit crimes, and then promised them pardons.   He is still promising pardons to those charged and convicted for the Jan 6 assault.

Back to Russia,  if it recruits criminals,  then its invading army can be labeled "terrorists", "mercenaries",  and not "Russian soldiers".  

It should be made clear to Russia that if it destroys the nuclear power plant with catastrophic contamination,  NATO forces will come into Ukraine and help throw out that terrorist army of mercenaries.  And after Ukraine is free from them, if  Russia keeps launching missiles into Ukraine, NATO will use its advanced missiles to fire back,  without invading Russia but from the Ukraine territory,  and it will destroy all the Russian infrastructure within reach.  And Moscow is only 450 miles away from the Ukrainian border.  It could be advantageous to destroy Russian's oil fields,  but they are much further away.   ALL THIS, understood, with conventional weapons.   If Russia dares to use a nuclear warhead,  it will be in good reach of the NATO nuclear warheads.

• 1 month later...

Every Singaporean gay who feels depressed, unhappy because destiny hasn't given him a good set of cards compared to what others receive,  should watch this video and realize that he is GIFTED, BLESSED in this world.

This gruesome episode of extreme inhumanity is just one sample of what has occurred and still occurs in this godless world   (or this world with evil gods).  It is natural that in our ignorance we hang on to whichever imperfection in our lives to feel miserable, without realizing how blind we are to opportunities to be happy that should shine onto our faces.  

1 hour ago, sgmaven said:

Sad that the world hasn't figured out a way to restrain despotic dictators like Putin...

It seems that Russia versus NATO would be on the losing side with conventional weapons.   But Russia is nearly as powerful with strategic nukes,  even surpassing NATO with their delivery on hypersonic missiles that may not be intercepted.

I wish that the conflict does not escalate for a while, until America is able to produce similar delivery systems and even perhaps find ways to intercept them.  I assume that the US is technologically superior to Russia and can achieve anything the Russians can do.  The best that Russian scientists could do today is to defect to the West.

The world could not restrain despots a century ago.  Hitler could not be restrained,  he had to be defeated.  Defeating Putin is much more dangerous today. Cannot technology find a way to kill that little man?  But there is hope that he is defeated by his own people.  Didn't the French Revolution defeated Louis XVI ?

Guest World Observer
12 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Sad that the world hasn't figured out a way to restrain despotic dictators like Putin...

Don't leave out America as No. 1 aggressor.  Consider how many Army units are stationed around the globe, ready to launch attacks on anyone at any time at whims and fancies.

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The world could not restrain despots a century ago.  Hitler could not be restrained,  he had to be defeated.  Defeating Putin is much more dangerous today. Cannot technology find a way to kill that little man?  But there is hope that he is defeated by his own people.  Didn't the French Revolution defeated Louis XVI ?

That only shows that we have not learnt any lessons from the past... Populist politicians are still managing to sway public opinion in "democratic countries" and some get voted in to become POTUS too, and later try to twisted the truth to hang on to power. So it seems that dictatorship is not the only "source" of despotic rulers...

Слава Україні!

1 minute ago, Guest World Observer said:

Don't leave out America as No. 1 aggressor.  Consider how many Army units are stationed around the globe, ready to launch attacks on anyone at any time at whims and fancies.

I never said the US is a saint on the world stage. I call out any country who tries to control other sovereign states, whether they are led by "democratic" systems or totalitarian regimes.

Слава Україні!

7 hours ago, Guest World Observer said:

We may agree that the world has not found a way to stop despotic dictators, rogue regimes.   So what keeps these regimes from invading other countries,  building new Roman empires or Nazi empires?   This can be done only with a nation or coalition of nations that are as powerful as the rogue regimes.  Today, the power that restrains Russia and eventually China is NATO.   And within NATO,  America is the No. 1  aggressor  restrainer.

If a coalition of "good nations" could be kept in perfect harmony,  it would be best if its power is evenly distributed among these nations.  But this is just an ideal.   The second best option is to have a country that by itself can oppose the power of any evil rogue regime.   What opposes evil  must have some element of good.  And this is the nature of America:  a country basically positive but with some negatives too.   Sainthood does not extend to countries.

Putin, how to get rid of him?

The Russians have been intimitated by their leaders for centuries. Look how some brave few oppose, but the crowds are scared to demonstrate. 

However, now after the reservist mobilisation and first deaths, not sure the kettle will explode soon. 

Let's hope the Russians realise soon that Putin has lost value and respect. 

Guest Putin justifications
12 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

What opposes evil  must have some element of good.  And this is the nature of America:

The nature of America is evil.  It is busy destroying nations, whereas China is busy constructing nations.  NATO is a piece of turd left by America and EU are flies gathered around it.  It is no wonder Putin didn't want them near his backyard and fully justified for wanting to clean it up.  Nothing wrong with that. 

17 minutes ago, Guest Putin justifications said:

The nature of America is evil.  It is busy destroying nations, whereas China is busy constructing nations.  NATO is a piece of turd left by America and EU are flies gathered around it.  It is no wonder Putin didn't want them near his backyard and fully justified for wanting to clean it up.  Nothing wrong with that. 

Maybe you should abandon the comfort of Singapore to go to Russia and offer Putin to join his armed forces in Ukraine.

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Maybe you should abandon the comfort of Singapore to go to Russia and offer Putin to join his armed forces in Ukraine.

What makes you think he is in Singapore or from Singapore? Just like you are happily in the US, while interacting in the forum, can't he be actually from Russia?

Слава Україні!

7 hours ago, sgmaven said:

What makes you think he is in Singapore or from Singapore? Just like you are happily in the US, while interacting in the forum, can't he be actually from Russia?

You are right.  Maybe he lives in Russia.  Even more reason then to have himself killed in Ukraine... for Putin!

Guest World Perspective

Putin's desk has a red button that is quite alluring. Putin still seems to be quite friendly to the citizens of the EU and Ukraine. Several potential successors in the future are said to not be as meek as Putin, according to rumors.  While the war rage on in the West,  Ukraine is lucky that it is not Kim Jong Urn in charge.  You got to love Putin in this regard. 

On 10/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Guest Putin justifications said:

It is no wonder Putin didn't want them near his backyard and fully justified for wanting to clean it up.  Nothing wrong with that. 

You omitted that Putin in 15 years did not achieve much in his own country. 

He was a wasted leader for Russia. 

Russia's economy is on severe decline already prior to the Ukraine war, dissatisfaction against him increased year by year by the people. The econony was kept going by fossil fuels, gas and other resources. Now after the cut off of required technology due to the war, Russia's econony will depend on the mercy of China. 

Kudos to Putin, what an achievement by him!

In the long term it will be a miscalculation by Putin. 

On 10/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Guest Putin justifications said:

The nature of America is evil.  It is busy destroying nations, whereas China is busy constructing nations. 

What a sort of delusion on China. 

You seem to have closed both eyes on certain facts on China. 

Just take Sri Lanka, the country has been sold out to China. Routes, harbours, airports and other infrastructure belong to China while Sri Lanka scrambled to pay the debts to China until the people roamed the streets. 

Djibouti, Kyrgyzstan, Zambia are in a similar situation, Chinese debt amounting to 20% of their GDP. 

China the past 15 years developed itself to an economic colonial master exploiting vast developing countries on their natural resources. 

In contrast, take a country like South Africa that did not take up debts by China and compare it with the above mentioned... 

Your deluded glorification of China does not match with facts. 

Edited by singalion

On 10/21/2022 at 6:00 PM, Guest World Perspective said:

Putin's desk has a red button that is quite alluring. Putin still seems to be quite friendly to the citizens of the EU and Ukraine. Several potential successors in the future are said to not be as meek as Putin, according to rumors.  While the war rage on in the West,  Ukraine is lucky that it is not Kim Jong Urn in charge.  You got to love Putin in this regard. 

Most of the fascist clique in Germany poisened themselves prior to the ending of WWII, Putin as a Russian Secret Service officer is surely aware what he would do, if ousted ...

The only question that remains is whether Putin still has the capacity to swim bare breasted from one side of the Baikal see to the other prior to taking the final decision...

I bet not. 

4 hours ago, singalion said:

Most of the fascist clique in Germany poisened themselves prior to the ending of WWII, Putin as a Russian Secret Service officer is surely aware what he would do, if ousted ...

The only question that remains is whether Putin still has the capacity to swim bare breasted from one side of the Baikal see to the other prior to taking the final decision...

I bet not. 

Poison himself?  This would be too easy for Putin,  something like Hitler did when he shot himself in his bunker.

If this little man who likes to play tough has any guts,  he should follow the example of Koreshika Anami,  the Japanese minister of war who wanted to keep fighting until Japan was destructed instead of surrendering to the US.  So in 1945, having changed his mind, he committed Hara-Kiri to foil the plot by other extremist generals who wanted to prevent the Emperor from surrendering.

So Hara-Kiri should be an appropriate end for Putin.  But if he doesn't have the guts, one of his Kremlin buddies should just cut off his head with a sharp samurai sword, or add to his breakfast some tea spoons of plutonium from one of his nuclear warheads.

Edited by Steve5380

21 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

one of his Kremlin buddies should just cut off his head with a sharp samurai sword, or add to his breakfast some tea spoons of plutonium from one of his nuclear warheads.

We all thought you have heart of gold and kind after years of looking after your own health and happy about your lifestyle. Your thought process above suggest the opposition which is extremely cruel, frightening and crazy.  I am going to re-assess your character from now onwards.

28 minutes ago, Guest Failed said:

We all thought you have heart of gold and kind after years of looking after your own health and happy about your lifestyle. Your thought process above suggest the opposition which is extremely cruel, frightening and crazy.  I am going to re-assess your character from now onwards.

My heart of gold and kind is my usual personality since I never deal with people like Putin or Hitler.  So I don't know what I would do if I have to deal with them.  Maybe I would not use a samurai sword or plutonium,  since I have none of these.  Also I didn't write that I would do that,  but one of his Kremlin buddies.  There is little doubt that Putin's buddies at the kremlin are as brutal as he is.  You know the saying:  "live by the sword,  die by the sword".

In reality, I cannot kill a fly.  I feel sorry for any bug that entered my home and I have to poison or squash it.  But for a Putin, I think he deserves to be cut to pieces in one of these machines that slices ham,  set to "fine".  

16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

You know the saying:  "live by the sword,  die by the sword".

Say that to America which kept using and selling weapons. Gosh!!  Profit from killing people. 

4 minutes ago, Guest huh? said:

Say that to America which kept using and selling weapons. Gosh!!  Profit from killing people. 

You deserve to live in a better world,  where peace can be kept without having weapons.

Guest I feel for them

Ukraine has lost its momentum.  Germany and France are at logger-head, much to UK/America's delight.  EU is fractured and a few level-headed politicians are scrambling to meet China's leader for help, while others continue to suck up expensive gas profited by America after it has destroyed the Northsteam pipes.   Many people are trying to escape winter, if they could afford, and visit warmer countries.  Singapore is a nice hospital place to welcome them, with warmly brewed beers and sunny sky.

Zelensky should visit Singapore and put an end to the war.  Zelensky might be able to learn from us because we are a neutral state. He is not a nasty person, but America's impact on him has caused him to become insane. If he maintains his neutrality, let's hope he finally wakes up and realizes how lovely the world is.  We might even get him to name of one of our yellow and blue tinted orchid flower after him, cos Zelenskky is a nice name for flora.

On 8/21/2022 at 1:39 AM, Startup said:

Its ok to be anti-China. 

On 8/21/2022 at 5:19 AM, Startup said:

And stay to the topic. By not using whataboutism - Rule no 1.

Your critic on sgmaven here was unjustified and unfair as sgmaven simply responded to Why's conspiracy theory that Russia invaded Ukraine  on some infrastructure projects on Crimea island. 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:34 AM, Why? said:

The Russia annexation of Crimea was provoked, because American giant corporations wished to construct infrastructure there that endangered Russia's survival to export gas and oil, or something to that effect, at least

If you are not very PRO-AMERICAN, you don't need to TRY.   Ukraine's issues go beyond reluctance to appease Russia; there have been conflicts along its own eastern internal border with its own inhabitants for decades.

Their pro-Russia president was being forced to resign (rumored America's dirty tricks at work), and the current leader was putting forward the idea of joining NATO. 

that's how I think.

That post was the only reason why sgmaven discussed China's Belt n Road to illustrate an example of investments by a different country. 

Your Whataboutism critic was pointless. 

It seems that you prefer personal attacks instead of a civil debate just to talk down other commentators (because you don't like the points they make). 

Edited by singalion

2 hours ago, Guest I feel for them said:

Ukraine has lost its momentum.  Germany and France are at logger-head, much to UK/America's delight.  EU is fractured and a few level-headed politicians are scrambling to meet China's leader for help, while others continue to suck up expensive gas profited by America after it has destroyed the Northsteam pipes.   Many people are trying to escape winter, if they could afford, and visit warmer countries.  Singapore is a nice hospital place to welcome them, with warmly brewed beers and sunny sky.

Zelensky should visit Singapore and put an end to the war.  Zelensky might be able to learn from us because we are a neutral state. He is not a nasty person, but America's impact on him has caused him to become insane. If he maintains his neutrality, let's hope he finally wakes up and realizes how lovely the world is.  We might even get him to name of one of our yellow and blue tinted orchid flower after him, cos Zelenskky is a nice name for flora.

The only point in your post that I agree to is that beer in Singapore is too often served much too warm. 

The rest seems to be some apocalyptic future telling...

I do not know where you got that idea from that Singapore is a neutral state?

Maybe you lift your knowledge that Singapore has military arrangements with the US, that protect this country. In that sense Singapore has aligned itself siding with the US to defend from any military attack. 

Guest Neutral?
38 minutes ago, singalion said:

Maybe you lift your knowledge that Singapore has military arrangements with the US, that protect this country. In that sense Singapore has aligned itself siding with the US to defend from any military attack. 

Singapore has also allowed China military ship to dock it's port.