Male HQ

One Seven Sauna @ Circular Road

Guest Guest

Visited on a saturday midnight to check out the place. If you are used to the double story layout, you will find the shrunk club very cramp. But then again, as this place has lost out to the competition over the years, you will only find a handful of visitor to size up. Overall less than 20.  Also are other pair-up visitor who make use of the place for intimacy during my short visit there. Rooms all very supplied. No sales of food.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Guest

Heard that place is worst than Queens Residence, many influx of  Indians,and many guys above at least 150kg....... some bi friends went yesterday. Terrible.......................

then it should be renamed 170. lol.

used to be one of the hot spot 10 years ago and now...........

Guest Rainbow colours

how is the crowd at one seven nowadays? Still lots of indians?

Singapore is multiracial. Can we stop this kind of remark? Makes me ashamed to be Singaporean

Guest Guest

Singapore is multiracial. Can we stop this kind of remark? Makes me ashamed to be Singaporean

I guess some are just a bit insensitive.

I have a couple of Indian friends and some of them are intelligent and good looking.

I enjoy talking  to them and I am a Chinese. Some Chinese CMI Ah Bengs whom I ignored called me name like Indian lover that I am a btm (but I am a top, lol)

I could not be bothered because they are just jealous and not evolved.

it shrinks to only 1 level.....the tv lounge is reduced to 1/4 of its size, the rest of it and the old gym area are now where the rooms are...

1/3 of the cafe area becomes the new gym area and i find it very cramp...

not sure if they will still operate the cafe.

no change to the ground floor shower area and steam room (this is the only consolation) but the shower area is dumped with a lot of items.. the washing basin is not repaired, the mouthwash is not refilled...

the old gym lockers are now shifted out and placed at the old locker area..

i must say i am quite disappointed with the downsize.. and it is not really 'renovation' as i did not see any new items or furniture

not sure if there will be any other additional setting...

personal opinion - it definitely doesn't worth > $20 to enter. Shogun is charging only 12 and CC even gives free entries despite the size and facilities it has..

i will definitely miss the old 17 :( :(

I also have good remembrances of the old 17.  I think its golden years came after Towel Club vanished and before Absolute surged.  I DIDN"T KNOW that they had SHRUNK this way!!!   But then,  I haven't been there for years. 

What is happening to Singapore gay saunas????   Are the pro-family homophobic winning in the island?  It seems that places "renovate", with such bad result that thereafter they fail.  It happened to Absolute, Queen Resort, now 17,  and even Keybox has left many unhappy with their renovation.

Are the sauna owners blind?  When the experience they provide is not worth the money they charge, customers start to drop out.  We are not stupid!   It seems that today there are only one and a half good saunas left:  Cruise and Keybox.

Guest Guest

I tyink 17's downfall is due to countless reasons and should learn a thing or two from Bangkok Babylon (so many yrs already, still the best sauna in the world with good social environment, pool, gym, music and food).

You need to hire the right ppl to manage the place, good professional staffs to run and maintain the place.

Should learn to listen to customer's feedbacks and adopt the really good ones.

But it's a little too late now :(

Now give me free entry also dun want.

I think the no-frills one are here to stay. No Jacuzzi, no café, no free drinks.

$10 to $12 price range is alright, despite of one getting lucky or going home empty handed.

Guest Guest

So how's the crowd? Still worth going?

My friend told me it was pathetic. Why dun you go and let us know your review?

I tyink 17's downfall is due to countless reasons and should learn a thing or two from Bangkok Babylon (so many yrs already, still the best sauna in the world with good social environment, pool, gym, music and food).

Yes, Babylon is a completely different story.  It is also a different situation.  Babylon is still managed by the one and only original owner, a wealthy man who takes great pride in the place.  And it is really first class!  The garden adjacent to the sauna/barracks, where the owner lives and the fancier suites are,  is really spectacular and impeccably kept.  It is not clear how much profit the place produces, but judging from the crowds it attracts it surely doesn't lose money. 

Guest Guest

Yes, Babylon is a completely different story.  It is also a different situation.  Babylon is still managed by the one and only original owner, a wealthy man who takes great pride in the place.  And it is really first class!  The garden adjacent to the sauna/barracks, where the owner lives and the fancier suites are,  is really spectacular and impeccably kept.  It is not clear how much profit the place produces, but judging from the crowds it attracts it surely doesn't lose money. 

To me, a sauna is more like a sanctuary for PLUs to relax and socialize without fear of being judged. I like the food and the service at the restaurant in Babylon. I like the ambience of the pool area. I spend about 30 to 45 mins at the gym for my normal workout. If I get to meet someone nice, fine. If not, it's alright, too. I have been to Bangkok many times for the past 20 yrs, I make it a point to visit again.

17 and Towel Club came quite close to that but sadly they were both distracted by other issues.

We just need one like Babylon Bangkok here, compared to 7 saunas.

One that is also big enough for events and talks that served the PLU community.

The only way is to close down this sauna, come up with a new strategy and branding.

I was in One Seven recently on a Friday afternoon after the renovation/shrinkage.

I am disappointed that the dry sauna is history, and that the steam room does not work - or at least, it did not work while I was there. 

The shrinkage may work to its favour; now that the place is smaller, the patrons are less scattered and mingling could/would lead to more action.  I had much fun there that afternoon.

Price wise, the entrance price was SGD17.50 at that time.  It is definitely more than, say, Shogun's SGD12.00 - this is undeniable.  SGD17.50 for hardly any facilities is not exactly vlalue for money. 

To me, a sauna is more like a sanctuary for PLUs to relax and socialize without fear of being judged. I like the food and the service at the restaurant in Babylon. I like the ambience of the pool area. I spend about 30 to 45 mins at the gym for my normal workout. If I get to meet someone nice, fine. If not, it's alright, too. I have been to Bangkok many times for the past 20 yrs, I make it a point to visit again.

17 and Towel Club came quite close to that but sadly they were both distracted by other issues.

We just need one like Babylon Bangkok here, compared to 7 saunas.

One that is also big enough for events and talks that served the PLU community.

The only way is to close down this sauna, come up with a new strategy and branding.

That would be nice.  But I see two problems in Singapore compared to Bangkok:  price of land is very high, and price of labor is very high.

Guest Guest

That would be nice.  But I see two problems in Singapore compared to Bangkok:  price of land is very high, and price of labor is very high.

Bangkok is getting expensive, too.

The other way is to get rich PLUs together to invest and let a professional team (ppl from service, spa and restaurant, hotel industries) to run a place like this in Singapore.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Ya.. this place is kinda dead but still some people there.

do not include the staffs there. It is just a matter of time that it ends up like Queens.

"Memories, light the corners of my mind.........."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cooolness

do not include the staffs there. It is just a matter of time that it ends up like Queens.

"Memories, light the corners of my mind.........."

Seems like they have closed down

Guest 1-7 visitor

no lah, this place is not closed. only downsized. a bit drab and dirty now, not first rated. old mattresses, sauna permanently out of order, steam room not working. the worse bit is the old man Sam, the American guy, always switch on the aircon after much prodding... usually past 3pm, and even so, the temperature is too high and not cool enough at all!

Sam, or if any staff from 1-7 is reading this, please lah, take note. we are all paying members, and your entry rates are relatively high! why the need to be prodded most of the time to switch on the aircon??

but hey guys, this place is not dead yet. the few times I was there, I never go home empty :) always have some guys of my type, thank goodness! a couple of hunky ones, goodlooking, and best of all, bottoms, which suit me well.  oh, and my observation is that there are quite a few white guys always, albeit old middle age out-of-shape ones.

this week, I receive 2 mailers fom 1-7, informing of tues and thurs events. they have never done this before. looks like they are reviving their theme nights? did anyone of you get these mailers too?

Guest Guest

no lah, this place is not closed. only downsized. a bit drab and dirty now, not first rated. old mattresses, sauna permanently out of order, steam room not working. the worse bit is the old man Sam, the American guy, always switch on the aircon after much prodding... usually past 3pm, and even so, the temperature is too high and not cool enough at all!

Sam, or if any staff from 1-7 is reading this, please lah, take note. we are all paying members, and your entry rates are relatively high! why the need to be prodded most of the time to switch on the aircon??

but hey guys, this place is not dead yet. the few times I was there, I never go home empty :) always have some guys of my type, thank goodness! a couple of hunky ones, goodlooking, and best of all, bottoms, which suit me well.  oh, and my observation is that there are quite a few white guys always, albeit old middle age out-of-shape ones.

this week, I receive 2 mailers fom 1-7, informing of tues and thurs events. they have never done this before. looks like they are reviving their theme nights? did anyone of you get these mailers too?

Thanks but no thanks. I rather spend the money on eating or shopping.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I was there on Saturday 26/7 1pm,  buy1 free 1 return pass. Crowd at most is 20+, mainly mid to mature guys. Overall the place is poorly maintained. Rooms well supplied with rubber and lube.

Its either hit or miss.

Guest Fuck_ONESEVEN

Field Trip Report

This place is completely run down.

Dirty POOL - uncleaned for months. Asked staff when the last clean, they said since his joining, he never seen anyone cleaning.

No more 2 floors.

No more steam bath - since almost 9 months ago, refused to repaired.

No Hot Sauna ---> Its a storeroom  now.

No aircon Policy till after 4pm or at least 50 visitors inside, as was informed by the FAT PINOY.

Pictures on website are misleading

Guest WavingDeck

17 SPA,

Guessed you be the next on EXIT List, after K, Absolute, Queens Resort, despite many complaints on your downgrade facilities and your cheating website indicating what was actually not.

Guest guest

Steam room is up n running, u sure you went on 1st aug? Thr's no pinoy staff at 17 spa, u went to the wrong spa maybe. Yes, the pool sure need scrubbing. Let sam the boss know if d aircon is not ON. Usually he will do tat. r u a competitor?

Guest Guest

Steam room is up n running, u sure you went on 1st aug? Thr's no pinoy staff at 17 spa, u went to the wrong spa maybe. Yes, the pool sure need scrubbing. Let sam the boss know if d aircon is not ON. Usually he will do tat. r u a competitor?

17 is no competition with any of the local saunas now. There is no need to.

It is just a matter of time :(

• 2 weeks later...

I just took a look at their website & their entry charge is $17.50¢ all day everyday , including weekends .. I think it's kinda expensive as compared to another bigger sauna which is charging much cheaper & comes with a Free Pass .. They should reduce the entry rate to around $12 which i think it's more justifiable !

Anyway , that's my 2 cents worth !

Guest Justin

◆ First of all , One Seven should do away with their Lifetime Membership @$10 bcos i think that's unnecessary ..

◆ They've been around for 13 years liao , since their opening in 2001 & definitely it's already very very run down & most facilities are either not working properly or completely not working at all ..

◆ Now with limited space & much smaller than before , i still find their entry price quite high ..

Hopefully , in due time they will reduce their price , if not it'll be their own demise sooner or later .. Most recently 3 saunas have already closed & they are : Queen's Resort , Keybox & Absolute .. Hope One Seven won't be the next in line ..

Guest Closing Soon

Deceiving Website info.

Dirty, bad service.

Time to close soon. Steam room not repaired for years now. Dry sauna becomes a store room.

Time to leave the pink market, cos the owner is tired .

Deceiving Website info.

Dirty, bad service.

Time to close soon. Steam room not repaired for years now. Dry sauna becomes a store room.

Time to leave the pink market, cos the owner is tired .

It's a pity that the places to have fun are disappearing so fast.  Is there maybe a conspiracy by the religious right to drive what they consider "places of sin"  out of business?

If the owner is tired, can't he sell the business to someone else, or get a young associate full of energy?  After all,  the established name and the remaining facilities should have some value.

Sam the owner is around 80 this year. Dun think he will sell the place. The place keeps him active and running. Retired and sit at home to wait to die? That place is his kingdom.

As for major renovations, dun think he will be willing to fork out a large sum at his age. He dun have that many years left. Why would he spend that kind of money?

As for getting new biz partners, he has ran the place by himself for so many years. Dun think he is receptive to that kind of management at that age.

13 years..well, it is a record of sorts.

After so many "poor" review of this place, I think it is better to let it go..into memory lane.

From a business standpoint, lowering your fee may NOT attract the crowd but will affect your profit margin.

The crowd has moved on... so 17 should too!

It's a pity that the places to have fun are disappearing so fast.  Is there maybe a conspiracy by the religious right to drive what they consider "places of sin"  out of business?

If the owner is tired, can't he sell the business to someone else, or get a young associate full of energy?  After all,  the established name and the remaining facilities should have some value.

employ good people to work and manage the place.

Guest guestt

yea...employed graduates to work as receptionist. can speak well and not bitchy and unpro will be best.

They do havw one guy who is like that as the receptionist. Havent seen him lately.

yea...employed graduates to work as receptionist. can speak well and not bitchy and unpro will be best.

Bitchy cos he is stationed at the reception for hours greeting hot hunks entering the sauna but couldn't get into action with any of them? Lol. Then they shouldn't work there at all to alleviate themselves from perpetual PMS symptoms and others from having to put up with their bitchiness!