Male HQ

Cloud Nine BodyCare Spa -Somerset MRT Station - Cuppage Plaza ( OG Behind )

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 9:39 PM, Pegasus said:

After reading all those comments about when the massage timing starts, I have visited Cloud Nine again this evening and booked an appt at 8pm. But I decided to reach early and observe the surroundings. Apparently, Cloud Nine BodyCare has delivered an amazing service even before my treatment starts. They even allow me to wait in the shop and serve me nice hot tea.

But sadly, I have seen that there were also customers who came late for their appointments.

I was even astonished to overhear that there was this particular incident where the customer had chosen some part-timers and ended up being unhappy after the treatment session ended. Instead of reporting it to the Front Desk, he decided to feedback via mobile and demanded a refund?

Personally, I think this is quite ridiculous. Imagine u have completed your food in restaurant, then u tell them the food is not delicious and demand a refund. Quite silly to me. At times, we really need to put ourselves in their shoes when coming to service delivery. 

I can understand why some customer feedback later as it might not be ideal to create a scene on the spot and put everyone especially the masseur in a tough position. I believe the owner might have contacted the customer to ask for feedback. So in any case, don't make your own assumption. 

Might not be wise to choose part time masseurs. The full time ones are better!

Just simply the best men's SPA I have ever patronized. Nice, clean and cozy environment. 😆

Took up 90 mins combo with body scrub and head massage with Aiden. I was really impressed with his skills as he delivered the session with confident and he was able to have his passionate hands worked on my tired muscles. Simply amazing.

What caught me by surprise was I was even entitled a limited edition shower gel (lavender fragrance) and it really smells wonderful even after my shower. Never regret paying them a visit.

8 hours ago, SGNewbie said:

In my few visits, their towels smell bad. I hope they can fix that, or already fixed that. But the experience is good overall.

Dear SGNewbie,

We are sorry to hear about your past unpleasant experiences.

We have conducted an investigation and have identified the root cause for the awful smell of the towels. This was due to the laundry services provided by 3rd party. As such, we will be switching to another company for laundry services in view that they are not meeting our expectations.

We sincerely thank you for your valuable feedback as this helps us to continuously improve our service quality.

Looking forward to your continued support with us.

Regards,

Management of Cloud Nine BodyCare

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 10:57 PM, Blaise said:

Just simply the best men's SPA I have ever patronized. Nice, clean and cozy environment. 😆

Took up 90 mins combo with body scrub and head massage with Aiden. I was really impressed with his skills as he delivered the session with confident and he was able to have his passionate hands worked on my tired muscles. Simply amazing.

What caught me by surprise was I was even entitled a limited edition shower gel (lavender fragrance) and it really smells wonderful even after my shower. Never regret paying them a visit.

I was given the lemongrass fragrance when I visited them over the last weekend. Smell was really terrific and it aided to make my skin soft and smooth without any irritations.

8 hours ago, badkarma said:

This place has the worst front desk personnel I have ever seen, sour-faced and ill-humoured. Pisses you off right from the start!

Install Sonny as receptionist la! He looks distinctly bored. I will come and beo him everyday! Previously, Keo was a cutie who could seduce you into the shop. Right now, Maurice makes you drop dead, at least with his mask on, but his waiting list seems to run into next year, so he wont be free to front the counter!

Edited by skinnyduck

The frontman is more powerful than you think. He controls the flow of customers to every masseur and can make or break him. Dylan of Dspa used to complain dat they often sabotaged his appointments because they were envious of the deluge of customers who clamoured for him. He wasnt wrong because they double-booked a reservation I had for him once and I was forced to concede to another customer. I was so pissed off dat I didnt patronise Dspa for YEARS after that and never saw my beloved Dylan ever again!

Edited by badkarma

2 hours ago, badkarma said:

The frontman is more powerful than you think. He controls the flow of customers to every masseur and can make or break him. Dylan of Dspa used to complain dat they often sabotaged his appointments because they were envious of the deluge of customers who clamoured for him. He wasnt wrong because they double-booked a reservation I had for him once and I was forced to concede to another customer. I was so pissed off dat I didnt patronise Dspa for YEARS after that and never saw my beloved Dylan ever again!

Not going to Dylan because sabo by colleagues is exactly what the other colleagues wanted

Perhaps you should have continued to go to dylan

went to him weekly for years he was really good

the masseurs are somewhat somewhat competitors for your pink dollar

so there is often jealousy amongst them as well as pretense

But the master of the art of pretense is none other than Kenji

20 hours ago, maxaction said:

I actually like Nicholas a lot.  Hahaha! With his specs, he looks so cute!

Nicholas is no newbie, of course. An old bird with Shuang Spa many moons ago, so even though he is classified under Skilled Therapist, he should really be under Experienced. I would rate him on par with Ming (previously from Waterspa).

He looks even cuter without specs, not kidding!

Edited by badkarma

On 7/27/2023 at 6:52 AM, skinnyduck said:

Right now, Maurice makes you drop dead, at least with his mask on, but his waiting list seems to run into next year, so he wont be free to front the counter!

Apparently, Maurice has never taken his mask off and nobody knows what he looks like. Is dat true? How titillating! Like some masked titillator whose true identity is never known! How can anyone STAND THE SUSPENSE? Those who have been fortunate enough to access him, please enlighten us!

Edited by badkarma

19 hours ago, badkarma said:

Nicholas is no newbie, of course. An old bird with Shuang Spa many moons ago, so even though he is classified under Skilled Therapist, he should really be under Experienced. I would rate him on par with Ming (previously from Waterspa).

He looks even cuter without specs, not kidding!

I know I know!!! I was massaged by him before and yes, he is cute.  With specs he looks super studious, without specs he has the naughty naughty look!  hahahahahahaha!! Oh my... need to go get myself serviced by him again soon!

4 hours ago, maxaction said:

I know I know!!! I was massaged by him before and yes, he is cute.  With specs he looks super studious, without specs he has the naughty naughty look!  hahahahahahaha!! Oh my... need to go get myself serviced by him again soon!

What name he used at Shaung?

with Lance gone and now others, David seem to be losing his boys, time for refresh 

On 7/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, SGNewbie said:

In my few visits, their towels smell bad. I hope they can fix that, or already fixed that. But the experience is good overall.

Are you sure it's the towels and not the smell of Ming or Edison? Smokers all smell bad, much as they hate to admit it!

Smoking is personal choice and for us who are lucky enough not to smoke, should avoid judgement and try to be understanding. The kind of environment they work in and the long hour is not easy per se. 

Btw is vice versa, as masseur they can’t reject clients with Body Odor or Bad Breath as well. 

For me, I will just focus on the masseur’s skill and professionalism, rather on their habit. As I know, I ain’t perfect as well. 

36 minutes ago, T Gunner said:

Smoking is personal choice and for us who are lucky enough not to smoke, should avoid judgement and try to be understanding. The kind of environment they work in and the long hour is not easy per se. 

Btw is vice versa, as masseur they can’t reject clients with Body Odor or Bad Breath as well. 

For me, I will just focus on the masseur’s skill and professionalism, rather on their habit. As I know, I ain’t perfect as well. 

Oh, let's be goody goody and sanctimonious, Ming and Edison please smoke all you want, it's your God-given human right! No one should deny you your freedom to smell bad!!!

12 hours ago, T Gunner said:

Geez, from the context, it is obvious dat Badkarma knows Ming and Edison intimately well (after all, how many of us can know they are smokers?) He is trying to take the mickey out of them after trying futilely to convince them to quit smoking. It should not be taken as an indictment of smokers or smoking!

Went back to Sky yesterday, after seeing him a week ago. 

The relief I got was instant, and I am immensely grateful. Was having really tight shoulders and neck and caused me a lot of migraine and headache. 

I went chiro and it didn't really help. The strokes by sky really helped me.

Grateful. 🙏 

Cinderella is a good example of how shoes can change your life  :clap: 

Actually Edison is very picky with his clients. Like he only choose which ones he’ll really be friendly or do exceptional service with, particularly only those that are his type. I know a couple of friends who had the same experience with him, he don’t even massage the front most of the time. It’s his choice as a masseur but as a client, i also can choose to support other masseurs who are better and friendlier. 

On 7/28/2023 at 11:53 PM, bobadi said:

Oh, let's be goody goody and sanctimonious, Ming and Edison please smoke all you want, it's your God-given human right! No one should deny you your freedom to smell bad!!!

It doesn't matter whether the masseur smoke or not, so long as Ming massage is good, which is more important than any other factors.

On 7/30/2023 at 4:35 PM, Bacardi86 said:

Actually Edison is very picky with his clients. Like he only choose which ones he’ll really be friendly or do exceptional service with, particularly only those that are his type. I know a couple of friends who had the same experience with him, he don’t even massage the front most of the time. It’s his choice as a masseur but as a client, i also can choose to support other masseurs who are better and friendlier. 

Disparity causes unhappiness. If people were uniformly rich or uniformly poor, they would be generally happy. But if richer people were to creep in, stirrings of unhappiness would surface. I was generally happy with the great Dylan of Dspa until one fine day I noticed he was even friendlier with another customer!  Being friendly can also result in different reactions. Some people dun like to be identified in public, so if a masseur were to run into them in public, they would be perturbed by any act of friendliness. Others, on the other hand, might feel very insulted by any lack of friendliness.

Not massaging the front, especially if the customer is fully naked, is very common in "decent" establishments. If Cloud Nine wants to establish itself as "decent", then this is in fact the right way forward! Cloud Nine should also prohibit complete nudity during massage. I was almost thrown out of a massage place once when without thinking I automatically stripped down completely! Of course, if decency results in loss of business, that's too bad.

On 7/27/2023 at 6:52 AM, skinnyduck said:

Install Sonny as receptionist la! He looks distinctly bored. I will come and beo him everyday! Previously, Keo was a cutie who could seduce you into the shop. Right now, Maurice makes you drop dead, at least with his mask on, but his waiting list seems to run into next year, so he wont be free to front the counter!

sonny does look distinctly bored, all the time. a few months back, i had some time on my hand, and made a last minute booking, and was assigned to him. he was described in the website,

Petite lean boyish lad with extrovert and chatty personality. Skilled in Traditional Chinese, Sports & Joints Crack massages. Someone with great smile that brightens your day.”

apart from his physical attributes, he neither smiles, nor is skilled in traditional chinese, sports and joint cracks massages. he kept on yawning and seems to have this constant wonder of “what am i doing here?” look. but i gave him the benefit of doubt that he may be tired due to a busy day and still tipped him for the effort.

another time came, and yes, i was again assigned to sonny because the popular ones were booked up. the experience the second time is abyssmal. he sat on the stool the whole time he was massaging, and all i could feel were light kneading akin to a pastry chef handling foccacia. he yawned a total of 12 times (i was that bored, i counted) and when he abruptly said, “sir your massage is over”, i was just fuming. 

i feel like cloud nine is in this phase where they are trying to expand quickly, but lack the effort in ensuring that their masseur provide quality services. sometimes, i can close one-eye on the lack of hospitality, for as long as the massage is good. but being inhospitable and yet, have shoddy massage services i began to ask myself, what is the purpose of this establishment?

6 hours ago, skinnyduck said:

I was generally happy with the great Dylan of Dspa until one fine day I noticed he was even friendlier with another customer!  

Haha... the great irony is of course Dylan was widely faulted and despised by his colleagues for being indiscriminately (and some say, promiscuously) friendly and yet someone here can feel he was "picky" because of perceived disparity in treatment!

Edited by badkarma

I am very new to the place, and opted for Sky on my second and third visit (not worth mentioning about my first visit with another therapist as it was mostly awkward and not too pleasant).

The excellence in service and support rendered by Sky shines through from the very first encounter when he first  received me at the reception area. Extremely fluent in English, he greeted me warmly each time while verifying the therapy package as he ushered me to the therapy room.

At the start, Sky would gently and politely ask if I would like to take a shower. I usually will get quite confused at a new place, not knowing what are the norms (e.g., the degree of nudity, where should I be waiting so forth) but Sky gave very clear instructions which definitely eased me in. 

Prior to the therapy, he checked in if I had any problematic zones/areas that I would like him to focus on, and the degree of strength I would like my massage to be. This is definitely worth mentioning — his therapy room felt exceptionally clean and welcoming.

Throughout the therapy, he was very attentive and was able to adjust his strength based on the different problematic areas, showing his expertise and craft. It was one of the best deep tissue/Tuina massages that I had — targeting and relieving the knots yet able to make me relaxed (usually such massages will be awfully painful which will make me really tensed). 

I booked a 90-min full body therapy, and I am thankful that he maximised the time as much as he could to cover more areas of the body, including the forearms, hands, calves, ankles and feet. I had a really dull pulling ache in my neck and shoulder that day, and he definitely made it a lot more bearable after.

If you are looking for a genuinely good solid massage with a wonderful wholesome experience from start till end, Sky is definitely the one to go for. 

Thanks much, Sky!

Edited by hypersomnia.c

On 8/1/2023 at 9:37 AM, Acupointer said:

sonny does look distinctly bored, all the time. a few months back, i had some time on my hand, and made a last minute booking, and was assigned to him. he was described in the website,

Petite lean boyish lad with extrovert and chatty personality. Skilled in Traditional Chinese, Sports & Joints Crack massages. Someone with great smile that brightens your day.”

apart from his physical attributes, he neither smiles, nor is skilled in traditional chinese, sports and joint cracks massages. he kept on yawning and seems to have this constant wonder of “what am i doing here?” look. but i gave him the benefit of doubt that he may be tired due to a busy day and still tipped him for the effort.

another time came, and yes, i was again assigned to sonny because the popular ones were booked up. the experience the second time is abyssmal. he sat on the stool the whole time he was massaging, and all i could feel were light kneading akin to a pastry chef handling foccacia. he yawned a total of 12 times (i was that bored, i counted) and when he abruptly said, “sir your massage is over”, i was just fuming. 

i feel like cloud nine is in this phase where they are trying to expand quickly, but lack the effort in ensuring that their masseur provide quality services. sometimes, i can close one-eye on the lack of hospitality, for as long as the massage is good. but being inhospitable and yet, have shoddy massage services i began to ask myself, what is the purpose of this establishment?

Maybe your schedule or timing is not good? Based on my experience with Sonny, i was treated quite opposite. His massage was good and he never yawned at all. Plus he was smiling whenever i had the chance to look at him. Again this is my personal experience. 

Key to improvement of services is the presence of charismatic front-desk personnel. Currently, Kai presides over the place like a proverbial palace 公公, condescendingly obsequious yet contemptuous as he rolls his eyes at a drop of a pin. When you leave, you can feel your ears burning as he speaks ill of you behind your back. I can imagine his treatment of favoured prima donnas like Keo!

An exemplary front-desk receptionist is Jeremy of Shogun. Everybody's darling, even more charming than the great Dylan of Dspa, he is the magnet that can draw legions of admirers to an otherwise shamefully shabby sauna!

Edited by randomtots

• 2 weeks later...