Male HQ

Any good supplements for bone fracture?

mantin30

3 hours ago, mantin30 said:

I saw on discussion forum, they recommend ostinol and conjugated linoleic acid. I didnt find it on the counter. Only from online shopping. Anyone knows or experience any good supplements to help with bone union?Thank you

I suggest you ask your doctor. 

Many people mistake that bones are all minerals like calcium and focus on it. That is not incorrect. However, bones are primarily proteins. Without proteins, you cannot build strong bones, same for all those connectivity tissues to the bone, they are all protein. I would say apart from supplementation is to increase (if possible, double, since most people don't eat enough animal proteins) your intake of a fatty animal meat cuts.  I don't see any strong evidence regarding supplementation, however, if you want to try to look, I would suggest "Life Extension" (Life Extension, Bone Restore with Vitamin K2, 120 Capsules (iherb.com). I am not affiliated and I make no money out of it.  The problem is that it is hard to know what your condition is and what you are missing without a doctor's diagnosis, but I suspect it's a number of things mostly due to diet and age. 

Don't buy into the fake marketing message that you can get all your minerals from plants and vegetables, their form of minerals is bound up and only usable by the body in small amounts, plus you are taking in anti-nutrients that may block adsorption of other minerals. I would say to increase your intake of sardines if you can tolerate it, these have very good sources of minerals. Cheeses and fermented foods are great sources too, plus both sardines and cheese (and other fermented products) come with vitamin K2 which helps the body direct calcium to the right places.  If possible, reduce your carbs/sugars intake as these have long-term contributing factor of increasing glycation end products in your body causing painful joints and causing them to wear out or tear easily.

23 hours ago, mantin30 said:

I saw on discussion forum, they recommend ostinol and conjugated linoleic acid. I didnt find it on the counter. Only from online shopping. Anyone knows or experience any good supplements to help with bone union?Thank you

To be honest and blunt:

I m not sure why you come here on this laymen forum to ask on such details.

We are no doctors .

Bone fractures are surely not treated at home or without any hospital involvement.

And what I least understand is, why you did not ask your doctor or at the hospital what nutrition would be good to improve the situation and assist in the healing.

Write your doc an email. I m sure he will respond.

9 hours ago, kwongheng said:

Many people mistake that bones are all minerals like calcium and focus on it. That is not incorrect. However, bones are primarily proteins. Without proteins, you cannot build strong bones, same for all those connectivity tissues to the bone, they are all protein. I would say apart from supplementation is to increase (if possible, double, since most people don't eat enough animal proteins) your intake of a fatty animal meat cuts.  I don't see any strong evidence regarding supplementation, however, if you want to try to look, I would suggest "Life Extension" (Life Extension, Bone Restore with Vitamin K2, 120 Capsules (iherb.com). I am not affiliated and I make no money out of it.  The problem is that it is hard to know what your condition is and what you are missing without a doctor's diagnosis, but I suspect it's a number of things mostly due to diet and age. 

Don't buy into the fake marketing message that you can get all your minerals from plants and vegetables, their form of minerals is bound up and only usable by the body in small amounts, plus you are taking in anti-nutrients that may block adsorption of other minerals. I would say to increase your intake of sardines if you can tolerate it, these have very good sources of minerals. Cheeses and fermented foods are great sources too, plus both sardines and cheese (and other fermented products) come with vitamin K2 which helps the body direct calcium to the right places.  If possible, reduce your carbs/sugars intake as these have long-term contributing factor of increasing glycation end products in your body causing painful joints and causing them to wear out or tear easily.

Thank you very much for sharing your perspectives. Yes I have someone very dear to me and of advanced age recently had bone fracture. Is always good to hear something from real life experiences. Yes we do take advice from doctor's standard advice. But I still wanted to search for some inspiring recovery stories, their insights and perspectives. No harm to try. As long as it is not harmful to try. Every bit of information, no matter how small can contribute to my understanding and decision making process. Thank you very much

On 12/3/2023 at 1:48 PM, Ignatius93 said:

Don't any how buy supplement because of this I got low magnesium n low calcium n hypercalcemia but exercise 

Thank you very much on the exercise part. I search online exercise can help with the bone union process. 

12 hours ago, kwongheng said:

Yes, calcium is essential but not the main component of bones.  Calcium supplementation is not recommended because much calcium in the blood can be deposited in the wrong places, like inside blood vessels ( I lost a beloved family member because of a calcified heart valve) and on articulations.  We should seek dietary calcium in dairy, leafy green vegetables, grains, etc.,  enough sources that supplements are not necessary.  As you mention, it is smart to supplement with vitamin K2-MK7 and plenty, plenty of vitamin D3,  so that calcium is deposited in the right places:  bones and teeth.

10 hours ago, singalion said:

To be honest and blunt:

I m not sure why you come here on this laymen forum to ask on such details.

We are no doctors .

Bone fractures are surely not treated at home or without any hospital involvement.

And what I least understand is, why you did not ask your doctor or at the hospital what nutrition would be good to improve the situation and assist in the healing.

Write your doc an email. I m sure he will respond.

We appreciate your honesty and bluntness.  ( a bit more your honesty). 

But to give nutritional advice IS NOT the same as "medical advice".  You should be senior enough to have realized that medical advice is not always the best, and in some cases it is absolutely wrong.  And it is very rare that one receives good nutritional advice from any doctor. So we can safely assume that medical advice is practically never the same as nutritional advice.   "Medical advice" is CURATIVE, very seldom PREVENTIVE.

And in particular in a gay forum like BW,  our participants are mostly intelligent persons who are concerned and aware of our health ( at least of our looks, ha ha ), and therefore we see plenty of GOOD ADVICE,  not quackery, not bullshit, just on occasions different opinions, ideologies.  We adults need to be able to handle these differences and not be susceptible to gross misinformation.

19 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, calcium is essential but not the main component of bones.  Calcium supplementation is not recommended because much calcium in the blood can be deposited in the wrong places, like inside blood vessels ( I lost a beloved family member because of a calcified heart valve) and on articulations.  We should seek dietary calcium in dairy, leafy green vegetables, grains, etc.,  enough sources that supplements are not necessary.  As you mention, it is smart to supplement with vitamin K2-MK7 and plenty, plenty of vitamin D3,  so that calcium is deposited in the right places:  bones and teeth.

Thanks Steve for your sharing. Really appreciate it. I have so much to say but english is not my first language so there are things that I cannot express very well. My father got gout and high blood pressure and now recovery period chinese got many 'taboo'. My mother noticed that whenever he eat this this n that, his gout will flare up. So we also avoid certain food. So I asked my mom, then what else can he eat? She said chicken n pork so far are ok. 

My father also have difficulty going to toilet. He swear by this online product, so I bought for him even could be placebo effect. As long as it helps him to pangsai. We also make dragonfruits +banana smoothies for him. Yes he only wants smoothies. Dont want cut type. It also helps him go toilet easier. 

These few days I learnt that it really depends on what he really wanted/ likes and have appetite to eat of course not the taboo food one. As long as he is eating. 

We do exercise (advice by doc) for his leg on and off.

I agreed on the doctor part. We heard alot of cases, maybe out of this context, that doctor sometimes operate on the wrong part or remove the wrong part. 

Thank you guy for all your sharing. I also search on the reddit forum. But I dont have acct there. Just like to read all their experiences. My best memorable things I learnt from reddit that is how dairy milk triggered my ezcema. I was on gomad that times to gain weight. Gallon a milk a day, eventhough i did not reach a gallon but I drank really alot. I go see doctor from sgh to cgh. All same standard answer although I cant remember the what answer given. But standard steroid cream. It was when i cut out dairy completely then I see improvement. 

Thanks guy:) now I see my father is getting better and as long as he is eating. Leg still swollen as expected after surgery. But getting better each day. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.