Male HQ

Another year another gay marriage

2 hours ago, FattChoy said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0IqgrSSl9b/?igsh=MWMzbTB5bWVqdHk2aw==

I feel like gay marriage is the stupidest thing a couple can do.  Just telling the whole world you can't legally fuck anyone else.  

That'll be the start of misery as a couple.  They'll also have to continuously pretend they haven't been fucking outside.  😂

I felt that these oversea Chinese threw a grand event because they can afford it and to tell the rest of the world they are rich and are now a couple and wants to share their happiness with the rest of the world. 

Your interpretation of the video as "telling the whole world they can't legally fuck anyone else" and that "they will be a miserable couple", or they have to "pretend they haven't been fucking outside“ has no basis as it was not shown or mentioned in the video. 

We get it, those are your views towards marriage and being in a relationship and that you will still fuck around with or without a relationship or marriage and that you would not be so stupid as to get married with another man.

2 hours ago, FattChoy said:

I feel like gay marriage is the stupidest thing a couple can do.  Just telling the whole world you can't legally fuck anyone else.  

That'll be the start of misery as a couple.  They'll also have to continuously pretend they haven't been fucking outside.  😂

Either you are jealous or not familiar with what happens in this world. 

Do you know that straight couples have parties with sharing partners or such places as swinger clubs. 

The world is not black and white. How couples live and enjoy their sex life is up to them!

Make a trip to Phuket and you will see what sexual diversity and different plays are there also for gay couples. 

In fact, I m surprised you have such a traditional mindset. 

19 hours ago, FattChoy said:

Sounds like the attack is on gay marriage, but this applies to straight marriage as well. 

Guest Promiscuity

Really, I am not sure whether to be sad or to be in cohort with TS' myopic personal take.

What others choose for their lives should not be for us to judge.  Maybe before TS threw all that attacks on anyone who wants to get married, can he claim that he is the most happiest gay alive?

Maybe they indeed wish to remain committed to each other. If that's the case, why call them out? Just be happy for them and move on, unless you have recently broke up with anyone of them.

I find the wedding illuminating on a few levels:

1. It was lavish and quite elaborate with a motley guest list, so there’s a wide network of business connections with either the wedded gay couple or the parents or both

2. The parents who agreed to fly in from China and grace the tea ceremony and banquet are fully aware of their sons’ gay orientation, their social media presence, and are not shy or ashamed or bound by traditional misconceptions — but how about the tea ceremony and banquet in China? Hmm.

3. The gay couple have been living and working in New York (the top groom even named himself after the city, for crying out loud), assimilating the NYC/ American culture, and living as a diasporic but very westernised Chinese (just look at their own Instagram accounts and photo load ups and it is evident), so they could have left China since young, studied and stayed, or been relocated from China from young, so I assume they would be very forward and contemporary in attitude and not pander to antiquity — and yet they went through such hyper archaic and traditional and elaborate Chinese wedding rituals (the red ropes, the red groom outfits, the red bouquets), which I don’t even see local (straight) Chinese couples upholding, I get this nagging feeling that they are playing it all up to the Western guests and crowd with the show and shine, and as a display of wealth.

4. The banquet did not feature much Chinese cuisine, or maybe the vid focus did not pick it up. I once attended a wedding overseas where the bride (read: biological woman) is Chinese and the groom (read: straight) is European, and the guests were treated to roast pork and char siew among risotto, fettuccine, and sole meunière with the option of silverware cutlery and ornate chopsticks on the banquet tables.

It's a lovely event, and I'm genuinely happy for them. If I can learn something from it, that might be avoiding tying myself to a big red pom pom with flowing ribbon when I’m a groom to prevent any awkwardness in my ceremony video.

In any case, I'm more inclined towards a simple wedding ceremony. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate their grand way of celebrating–it looks awesome.

Guest Pronouns
16 minutes ago, Zinc said:

It's a lovely event, and I'm genuinely happy for them. If I can learn something from it, that might be avoiding tying myself to a big red pom pom with flowing ribbon when I’m a groom to prevent any awkwardness in my ceremony video.

In any case, I'm more inclined towards a simple wedding ceremony. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate their grand way of celebrating–it looks awesome.

Most gay weddings I attended are so stylish and classy. The décor and matching costumes makes me so jealous. However, a few years later, their sex life stopped, they became emotional partners and we'll find them in open relationships with a string of sex buddies 

5 hours ago, HC-B said:

I find the wedding illuminating on a few levels:

1. It was lavish and quite elaborate with a motley guest list, so there’s a wide network of business connections with either the wedded gay couple or the parents or both

2. The parents who agreed to fly in from China and grace the tea ceremony and banquet are fully aware of their sons’ gay orientation, their social media presence, and are not shy or ashamed or bound by traditional misconceptions — but how about the tea ceremony and banquet in China? Hmm.

3. The gay couple have been living and working in New York (the top groom even named himself after the city, for crying out loud), assimilating the NYC/ American culture, and living as a diasporic but very westernised Chinese (just look at their own Instagram accounts and photo load ups and it is evident), so they could have left China since young, studied and stayed, or been relocated from China from young, so I assume they would be very forward and contemporary in attitude and not pander to antiquity — and yet they went through such hyper archaic and traditional and elaborate Chinese wedding rituals (the red ropes, the red groom outfits, the red bouquets), which I don’t even see local (straight) Chinese couples upholding, I get this nagging feeling that they are playing it all up to the Western guests and crowd with the show and shine, and as a display of wealth.

4. The banquet did not feature much Chinese cuisine, or maybe the vid focus did not pick it up. I once attended a wedding overseas where the bride (read: biological woman) is Chinese and the groom (read: straight) is European, and the guests were treated to roast pork and char siew among risotto, fettuccine, and sole meunière with the option of silverware cutlery and ornate chopsticks on the banquet tables.

Shallow much?  😂 😆

On 2/11/2024 at 9:45 PM, singalion said:

Either you are jealous or not familiar with what happens in this world. 

Do you know that straight couples have parties with sharing partners or such places as swinger clubs. 

The world is not black and white. How couples live and enjoy their sex life is up to them!

Make a trip to Phuket and you will see what sexual diversity and different plays are there also for gay couples. 

In fact, I m surprised you have such a traditional mindset. 

How to block you ah? 

anyways, there is a difference between "wedding" and "marriage".

wedding is the ceremony while marriage is the legal/cultural contract of life partnership between two people, which I guess between whatever gender (not that I agree with).

but still their money, their prerogative. their happiness/misery, not yours to bother.

4 hours ago, Guest Pronouns said:

Most gay weddings I attended are so stylish and classy. The décor and matching costumes makes me so jealous. However, a few years later, their sex life stopped, they became emotional partners and we'll find them in open relationships with a string of sex buddies 

This is very common throughout

Whatever works for them, it's all good

On 2/12/2024 at 4:54 PM, Zinc said:

Hey@Zinc

So nice of you!

Yes absolutely fantastic celebration and I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the newlyweds, their families, and loved ones.

Your preference for a less elaborate wedding can be just as fulfilling as a lavish one.  I recently experienced a destination wedding that was minimalist, intimate and personal.  Incredibly romantic!

When it comes to celebrating, preferences vary from person to person.  For instance birthday celebration, some enjoy fancy while some others prefer modest celebration.

On 2/12/2024 at 9:48 AM, G_M said:

Hello gay marriage, old uncle. Gay marriage.

Not about your str8 marriage.

The amount of publicity and money spent on a wedding celebration is no guarantee, in any way, of the success of the marriage. Be it a gay or str8 marriage.

We should not treat gay and str8 marriages differently.  A marriage...  is a marriage.

On 2/14/2024 at 1:09 AM, babybro said:

Hey@Zinc

So nice of you!

Yes absolutely fantastic celebration and I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the newlyweds, their families, and loved ones.

Your preference for a less elaborate wedding can be just as fulfilling as a lavish one.  I recently experienced a destination wedding that was minimalist, intimate and personal.  Incredibly romantic!

When it comes to celebrating, preferences vary from person to person.  For instance birthday celebration, some enjoy fancy while some others prefer modest celebration.

Thank you bro, that sounds like my type of wedding. And bro, you as my best man👨‍❤️‍👨

On 2/15/2024 at 6:15 PM, Zinc said:

Thank you bro, that sounds like my type of wedding. And bro, you as my best man👨‍❤️‍👨

Your wish for me to stand by your side as your best man is duly noted so rest assured, I've got your back when the time comes.

Back to the main topic, it's uplifting to see that the video provides inspiration for you and potentially others as well, thumbs up to TS!

Guest Guest
18 hours ago, babybro said:

Your wish for me to stand by your side as your best man is duly noted so rest assured, I've got your back when the time comes.

Back to the main topic, it's uplifting to see that the video provides inspiration for you and potentially others as well, thumbs up to TS!

Thumbs up to TS? TS started this thread as a sour grape. What's there to thank him for? Don't believe me? Go read the first post again lor. 

How lavish you want the wedding ceremony is entirely up to the couple. To be honest, weddings are one of the events that brings people together, and even more so, families. Straight or gay, it is a time of celebration and acknowledgment of a couple's commitment to each other. A marriage, like any other relationship, is a journey between two people. Sometimes you walk together till the end, other times, you diverge your paths. 

If a gay or lesbian couple can celebrate their love through matrimony, be happy for them. There is no need to be bitter.

Love. 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.