Male HQ

Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest IslandMan

• 2 months later...
Guest Guesty

Sadako flash mob scares office workers in Tokyo's CBD

TOKYO: Fifty people dressed in unique costumes recreating the iconic scene in the horror flick "The Ring", where vengeful ghost Sadako crawls out of a television screen, invaded Tokyo's Shibuya Crossing on Sunday, reported Japanese media.

The unusual mob drew mixed reactions from onlookers, with some female students screaming in fright while curious tourists stopped to snap photos of the scene as members of the mob, each wearing a a screen on their chests with a replica of Sadako crawling out of it, walked past them.

The whole event was part of a massive marketing campaign for "Sadako 3D", a new film starring Satomi Ishihara and Koji Seto, which has roughly the same premise as its predecessors in "The Ring" film series, where a video cursed by Sadako, a vicious ghost, gets circulated and kills a lot of people.

However, in "The Ring 3D", there is a twist – the video is no longer circulated via videotape, but over a website which broadcasts suicides live.

Sadako also crawls out from computers screens and smartphone screens as well, instead of just television screens like in the past films.

"Sadako 3D", which opens in Japan on May 12, has been heavily promoted in recent months.

Apart from the Sadako mob, the film's promoters also made a giant replica of Sadako crawling out of a screen on the back of a truck, collaborated with Hello Kitty makers Sanrio to create a special "Sadako 3D" Hello Kitty character, and even got someone dressed as Sadako to throw the first pitch at a recent baseball game, in a bid to create more buzz for the film.

-CNA/ha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jaylim

i luv henley hii! wish he would be shirtless thru out the whole movie!!! i luv all the series that featured him and his naked bod, esp in another series! and he looks HOT in this new short hairstyle!!! WOWWOWWO!!! i wonder if he's ,...

Just watched the movie.

Somehow the last part when the "Engineer" was entangle by the tentacles, it just feel so erotic...

There were many questions not answered in the movie....like why were the humans made...and why they want to destroy the humans...

• photo-thumb-13017.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 146 posts

Posted Today, 11:04 PM

Or, like how come some loopy rich guy spends a trillion dollars on a spaceship, and then chooses to populate it with a select group of total idiots who have no skills, scare easily and can't work together.

Err....seeking immortality? :)

• photo-thumb-10500.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 27 posts

Posted Today, 11:00 PM

Just watched the movie.

Somehow the last part when the "Engineer" was entangle by the tentacles, it just feel so erotic...

There were many questions not answered in the movie....like why were the humans made...and why they want to destroy the humans...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The movie's theme is widely discussed online and one of the best suggestions (in my opinion cos' i like it
:)
) is this....."The engineers were pissed off with us because we crucified their emissary 200 years ago"

:D

Apparently these engineers are very into self sacrifice....the opening scene depicts how one of them killed himself to create the humans....

Its nt exactly a prequel to the 1979 'alien' by the same director..but it did show..at the last scene..how that particular species (that appeared on the 3 sequels) were created. I suggest u watch the 1st original 'alien'.its a classic. Btw, i oso do not fully understand this instalment..but no regret watching.

Guest ALIEN

What is more or less "clear" from the movie after watching and reading reviews -

1. The setting of this movie is before the original ALIEN movie. I rewatched ALIEN again after watching Prometheus and it is the same spaceship (same design too! so there was consistency) that was found by Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) and the crew.

2. Humans were created by the Engineers when one of them "sacrificed" himself and released his DNA on Earth.

3. The planet (moon actually) where they found the spaceship isn't the homeworld of the Engineers but was used most likely to develop biological weapons like the ALIEN creature.

4. They failed to contain their experiments and were killed by the creatures they created.

5. The survivor Shaw and robot will be flying to the Engineers' homeworld to discover the "truth" (setting up for sequels).

What is NOT clear and possible "inconsistencies" -

1. It is assumed that the Engineers wanted to destroy humans with their creations thus Shaw wanted to figure out why. My best guess to this is, the planet/moon was their laboratory. And Earth would be actually where they wanted to test out their weapons on. i.e. they created us possibly to see how effective their weapons could be. Maybe their enemies are humanoid or there is a "civil war" amongst themselves?

2. The black worm thing is very different from the original ALIEN creature concept and is more likely a different "weapon", but somehow it seemed to "evolve" into the ALIEN concept when the creature burst out of the Engineer at the end of the movie as a setup to how the ALIEN creatures were "created"... therein lies one BIG inconsistency... in ALIEN vs PREDATOR, assuming that Ridley Scott is being faithful to the spin-off, these ALIEN creatures existed WAY before the events in Prometheus.

Guest Guest

The best hypothesis I came across the net is that life is seeded so that to create environment for the engineers move in later (remember the barren landscape in the opening scene). Jus like we will send robots and machines to terraform uninhabitable planets in the future.

Now that we have done our job and craved out basic energy sources, transportation networks, culture (?), we can be dispensed off with biological weapons. Unfortunately, something went off with their own experiments which resulted in the spaceship catastrophe.

I think the engineer-> human -> androids link impt. Implied but not explored extensively in the story. Just like we can easily switch off or dispose a machine, our engineer wont have second thoughts tearing off our heads. Creepy!

Guest Guest

金鐘電視電影《遺忘》Forgotten

An excellent telemovie production starring Ruby Lin and Christopher Lee.

Strong scripting/dialogue, compelling delivery (esp by the 2 leads), good cinematography and locations...

A must watch for discerning viewers.

5e4d769cjw1dt81psq3csj.jpg

Guest dark_jedi

despite any inconsistencies about prometheus, i still like it - the only thing which cringes me is the squid-alien at the end, why of the things a squid-like one????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ken Park is a 2002 drama film. The screenplay was written by Harmony Korine, who based it on Larry Clark's journals and stories. The film was directed by Larry Clark and Ed Lachman.

The film revolves around the abusive and/or dysfunctional home lives of several teenagers, set in the city of Visalia, California.

Contents

[hide]

[edit] Plot

The opening of the film depicts teenager Ken Park (nicknamed "krap nek") skateboarding across Visalia. He arrives at a skate park, where he casually sits in the middle of it, sets up a camcorder, and shoots himself in the head using a handgun. His death is used to set up the rest of the film, which follows four other teens he used to hang out with, shortly afterward the suicide:

Shawn: The most stable of the four main characters, Shawn has an ongoing sexual relationship with his girlfriend's mother Rhonda throughout the story. He casually socializes with their family, who (including his girlfriend) are completely unaware of the situation.

Claude: A teen who is largely at the mercy of his violent, alcoholic father, Claude tries to take care of his pregnant mother. His father despises him for being insufficiently manly, but after coming home drunk one night, attempts to perform oral sex on him, and Claude runs away from home.

Peaches: She is a sweet girl living alone with her highly religious father, who dotes on her as the embodiment of her deceased mother. When her father catches her having sex with her boyfriend, he beats the boy and savagely disciplines her, including forcing her to participate in a wedding ritual with him.

Tate: Sadistic and unstable, Tate lives with his grandparents whom he frequently verbally abuses, and is shown engaging in autoerotic asphyxiation to orgasm. He later stabs his grandparents in their bed, in retaliation for the man cheating at Scrabble and the woman "invading his privacy"; the act arouses him sexually.

The film cuts frequently between subplots, with no overlap of characters or events from one subplot to another until the end. As Tate is defiantly being arrested, Shawn, Claude, and Peaches meet and have sex as a threesome. The film finally reveals the motive behind Ken Park's suicide: He had impregnated his girlfriend, who responded to his suggestion of abortion by asking if he regretted his mother not aborting him. Concluding that he did, he skates off to kill himself.

Justin was here hahaha :) Stay cool guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Phone You

A German-Chinese collaboration starring rising Chinese actress Jiang Yi Yan and German heartthrob Florian Lukas.

All Germans have big dicks, she must have enjoyed in bed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HendryTan changed the title to Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked, unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.