Male HQ

Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest IslandMan

Just saw the movie premiere today at GV ViVo City. Nice show and good effects, worth seeing..wouldn't want to reveal the plot though.

Saw Taufik and some Mediacorp stars as well.

I saw last night ads on Spiderman 3 on Channel 5 and it was Taufik Batista in Tokyo did the promotion for Spiderman 3 and he said Spider is Labah Labah in Malay. Just wonder, how come he did the promotion for the film? :unsure:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Guest Guest

Spiderman 3 not as good as expected.... so boring initially...excitments only at the end.... kind of dozing off in the beginning of the show (kind of slow... so much of romance stuffs).

:D

Watched the show today, indeed at the start is abit slow...but they added more excitment behind...if you notice in the show..Peter Parker is not wearing spec at all in the whole show...abit fast pace on venom...

But do take note on the last statement when Peter Parker said something very philosophical near to the end..after the cementry scene...its very motivating..

Rate **** / 5

1) Tempting Heart - Takeshi Kaneshiro, Gigi Leung & Karen Mok

Oh!! I LOVE this movie... The last scene when 张艾嘉 (playing the old Gigi Leong) opened the wedding gift from Takashi and it is filled with photos of the sky... Each one is a '想你的天空' as Takashi takes a picture of the sky when he thinks of Gigi... Is so bloody touching... I feel like crying just thinking of it... And of course, 林晓培's humming in the background provides the pushing moving factor... *Sigh*... Whenever this song is on the radio, all I can remember are those photos... and cry...

Yes, I was rather disappointed too. I guess I was expecting a lot more action, but turned out to be more dramatic and less action packed. Even the special effects were not as spectacular as I thought. Personally I thought it was the worst of the 3 spidey films. But some of my frenz thot it was fantastic! So I guess you'd have to see and decide for yourself. Happy watchin! ;)

I will get this out of the way first- No 3 is hardly the best in the Spiderman series. That honour belongs to Spidey 2. Sure, the special effect is spectacular. I wont expect any less from the mammoth budget that has been invested in it. But again, the effects were put to better use and with greater subtiety in 2 and even 1.

I think director Sam Raimi tried too hard to ply on the emotional layers. The harder he tried, the more it didnt work. I didnt shed a tear throughout the show (and I tear easily). This weakness in over-dramatization was blantanly obvious in the final scene. Corny, corny, corny. An example- while his best buddy laid dying somewhere, Spiderman and Sandman had that lengthly reconciling scene where both sheded tears of forgiveness. That scene didnt ring true and was made worse by the syrupy heavenly orchestra score. An overdose of drama surely. I'm sure the audience would rather see Spiderma beat the hell out of Sandman. The forgiving part can come later (and please make that short). Everyone seemed to be forgiving someone. Spiderman forgave Sandman, Goblin Junior forgave Spiderman, Mary Jane forgave Spiderman...etc, etc, etc. Yawn.

The characters were a mix bag. I like Spiderman in black. That's where he get to be fun and be a bad dude and kicked some ass. Cool. Aunt May was a big old bore and acted as a moral compass and nothing else. I wish to see her killed off in Spidey 4 please. Mary Jane looked bloated (Kristen Dunst must have put on some weight after doing Maria Antoinette). The love interest Gwen Stacy (more than love distraction) was played by Bryce Howard. Bryce (who starred in The Lady in the Water and The Village) is an actress to watch. She's no classical beauty but she's got a very interesting face and a very fine actress indeed. Her character Gwen was supposed to be killed by Green Goblin but since the Goblin already died in Spidey 1, her death scene was not considered in this film. What a waste. The much needed comic relief came in the form of the editor chief and the snooty French headwaiter(these two stole all the scenes they were in). The villians aside from Sandman were Junior Goblin (their first fight scene with Spiderman almost gave me a headache- too much spinning but it got better after that) and Venom (a formidable foe with a serious weakness! The special effect for Venom reminded me of similiar effect for Mystique in XMEN). But the greatest enemy is of course spiderman himself in black. When he almost destroyed his best buddy, that scene was the best part in the film. fxxk forgiveness. We want to see some real action. :D

So, Spiderman 4stars, Spiderman 2 5stars, Spiderman 3-3half stars.

I don't remember if it was during the making of Spider-Man 2 or 3, but during the actual filming, one Spidey suit went missing. Apparently someone stole it. The production company offered a staggering USD50,000 (so I've heard) to entice the person who stole it to return it back. I think that person did in return. I didn't follow up on the story.

I believe that the entire Spider-Man series is the only print to screen adaptation that follows the comic (almost) faithfully. The only thing that I spotted wrong was that in the comics, Spider-Man didn't have natural webbing. Peter Parker created the web-shooter and the cartridges (how can a college kid do that? he must be a total genius).

Gwen Stacy was supposed to be killed off by Spider-Man snapping her neck. I believe it was Green Goblin that dropped her from a height and Spider-Man tried to rescue her by retrieving her with his webbing. He caught her, but the whiplash effect snapped her neck and therefore she died.

Mary-Jane is supposed to die in the future, but she returns as a clone of her original self. The story gets really complicated in future episodes... let's just see how the movie matches up.

Anyways, just to let you guys know, this is not the only time where Spider-Man puts himself and others in danger.

His genetics eventually mutates him into a Man-Spider with no human control whatsoever. I wonder if that'll ever happen in the movies.

And it is common knowledge (among geeks like me) that Venom's weaknesses are sonics (extremely loud noises) and fire. :)

And Venom looks amazingly awesome. I can't wait until they unleash Carnage.

I believe that the entire Spider-Man series is the only print to screen adaptation that follows the comic (almost) faithfully.

actually i dont think they follow that closely.

eg in Spidey 3, sandman wasnt the original Uncle ben killer, venom didnt appear at the clock tower. Doc Ooc wasnt his professor etc

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

i have just watched spidey3 today oso. well i must say the beginning was too boring and i was going to fall a slp then alreadiz.. towards the end was more interesting but sometimes the action can be a big blurr altogether and u dun exactly know wat is going on. i oso feeling that it is slightly draggy though.. almost 2 1/2 hr.. far too long! lolz..

Guest Director's Cut DVD

Yeah yeah yeah, Spiderman 3 is boring. But wait, let's do a petition to Sam Raimi, the movie director to add these scenes when he releases the Director's Cut DVD:

1. When Thomas Haden Church fell into the sand pit and transformed into sandman, he stood up with his full cloths on ?? This is to be deleted and the new scene will be -- he is fully naked showing his frontal !

2. When James Franco (Green Goblin Junior) appeared from the "machine", he was showned with his undie on. This is to be changed to a fully naked James.

3. After Spiderman riped off his black suit, he squatted in the shadow showing just his naked upper back. This is also to be changed to a full naked Tobey with nice front zoom-in.

4. As for Kirsten Dunst and the other red-head girl, delete their scenes to make the show more "compact".

5. There will be also be added sub-plot showing the love triangle between Tobey-James-Kristen -- like the "Eternal Summer" ! The ending will add in James' love confession to Tobey and they kissed !

You guys love these ? .... :D

i was really looking forward to see Spidey3 but when the 1st comment from friends was the movie was too long, u know the disappointment came bigger with the expectations.

Spidey3 fell under the same curse like X-men3 - too much of every thing. not only spidey had to battle 3 villians, he had to deal with his turning to the dark side, a new love interest, strained relationship with MJ and new rival in the work place. it is like mass orgy but without the sex!

this made the long 2 hours + movie felt lengthy than it should and yet the ending wasnt tied up nicely

in the end you have giant sandman so that the game developers could placed in the Spidey3 game, you have half baked villain sad story of saving his daughter which we didnt even care. Spidey3 saying chim moralistic words that made no sense, and his convenient forgiving the sandman (the director must be saying too long already, just say sorry and make up)

even the fight scenes werent well done, the special effect were in fact worst off than Spidey2. at least in Spidey2 you had the unforgetable fight scene betw spidey and Doc Oct from on top of the tower to the moving train. here the only one that i thought was nicely done was the initial scene betw spidey and Goblin jr.

Oh another thing, life must be good for the leads, not only Kristine looked fat, tobey had a double chin throughout the whole movie, which was amplified as i was watching in GV Max the largest movie screen :P

now i have to lookg forward to Pirates 3

I believe that the entire Spider-Man series is the only print to screen adaptation that follows the comic (almost) faithfully.

actually i dont think they follow that closely.

eg in Spidey 3, sandman wasnt the original Uncle ben killer, venom didnt appear at the clock tower. Doc Ooc wasnt his professor etc

Well, yeah, those too, because they wanted the story to flow.

Otto Octavius wasn't his professor in part 2... he was just merely a physics scientist who captured Oswald Corp's attention. His professor is to turn into the lizard.

And Venom DID appear at the clock tower. It wasn't a clock tower to begin with. It was a church tower with the bell. That was where supposedly Symbiote Spider-Man (black spidey lah) ended a fight with the Scorpion (or some other villian, can't remember) and almost killed the villian instead of turning him in.

Parker then realises that the suit is making him to do this. The bell starts striking and since the symbiote alien's weakness is sonics or loud noises, Parker saw his window of opportunity and decided to just let it slither off his body (in the cartoon, the suit was totally organic and living, not bonded with spidey's costume). It slithers away and leaks down the bell tower, where Brock is, praying to God to kill Parker. Thus Venom was formed.

That scene stayed true to the comic. One of my favourites.

When I first saw Black Spidey, I was disappointed because in the comics, the suit was supposed to be totally smooth and there wasn't any of the costume designs on it. Much like a slimmer Venom without the jaws, tongue or evil eyes.

Here's an example.

It would probably look good if they made the effort to do it. But... eh... adding Venom was good enough.

Caught the show with my bf... Personally, I think the emotional scenes and the action scenes complimented one another... I am ok with the pace of the initial part of the film and all. But agreed that the flying scenes are a little dizzying... And the forgiving Sandman part is a little too naggy and, if I may say it, poorly done. There was no proper mention of what makes Sandman want to stop and apologise. And what actually happened to him?

Oh... And I wish they didn't kill Goblin Jr.... he is so cute... with a nice bod as well as nipples too... Heh heh... He should have stepped out of the machine naked! :P

There are some inconsistencies in the scenes... There was a part when Spidey had his mask torn off but he somehow was able to put on a new one after the camera changed angle... And Brock was clothed when he became Venom, but in one fight scene, Brock's bare shoulders were seen and in the scene when Brock was pulled away from the black stuff, he is fully clothed again. Also, I am always wondering how Spiderman went back to his room after he ripped his black spiderman costume off at the church tower... Hee... :whistle: ;)

Oh another thing, life must be good for the leads, not only Kristine looked fat, tobey had a double chin throughout the whole movie, which was amplified as i was watching in GV Max the largest movie screen :P

Oh... Check out the scene when the spiderman suit was torn at the abs... Toby has the flabs!! :P Kekeke... I am evil... :lol:

croc, spidey can spin web, so can create a web underwear mah. just that tearing that off will be painful :P

is spidey3 a bad movie? not really, but it didnt live up to the hype it generated. i would think it be better to stick to sandman and globin jr in this movie, split the venom portion to part 4. (eg ended with a cliffhanger which Brock got the alien suit)

for those who read spidey comics, venom had been the most popular or even symbolic of spidey's villians from the 90s onward, casting him as a sub villian was really undermine his impact in spidey history.

croc, spidey can spin web, so can create a web underwear mah. just that tearing that off will be painful :P

is spidey3 a bad movie? not really, but it didnt live up to the hype it generated. i would think it be better to stick to sandman and globin jr in this movie, split the venom portion to part 4. (eg ended with a cliffhanger which Brock got the alien suit)

for those who read spidey comics, venom had been the most popular or even symbolic of spidey's villians from the 90s onward, casting him as a sub villian was really undermine his impact in spidey history.

ORAL B!!! YOU READ MY MIND!

I agree that having too many villians in one movie can ruin the reputation of those baddies. Look at Batman & Robin.

Bane... is Poison Ivy's 'assistant'. That is ridiculous.

But I'm pretty sure Venom will return in another installment... because without Venom, there can't be Carnage. They might even do a Venom movie spinoff because in the comics, Venom actually moves to another state and does vigilante crimefighting like Spidey... only he does his way and he's dubbed 'Lethal Protector'. But we can only hope.

Actually, "Poltergeist" is a good movie too. I would not say that it is scary but has a nice story. The sequel "Poltergeist II - The Other Side" has a weak storyline but the "old man" in it is really creepy. The stange fact about the Poltergeist movies is that someone in real life dies after each movie , Dominique Dunn who plays the little girl's sister died after the first. The actor that plays the creepy old man in the second dies after the second (apparently he had cancer but nevertheless). And the sweet young actress Heather O'Rouke died of no apparent cause after filming the third movie. Strange but the movies are cursed!

Talking about cursed movies... how about the older Superman movie series?

i was quite surprise of the in-your face villains roll call in Spidey3, i thought the script writer is quite subtle in his plot development.

for example, Doc Conner, in the comic he became Lizardman one of spidey famous villain. when he appeared in Spidey1 as the one-arm professor, pple was guess he became the lizard in Spidey2, but turned out Doc Oct was the main, or should i say only, villian. and then in spidey3 he was still the one-arm professor.

it was said the tobey might not do Spidey4 and the franchise may stop at 3. (for good reasons also, look at superman and batman, movies beyond part 3 not only turned out crappy, they killed the name too. it was until much later with batman begins and superman returns to revive DC's brand name)

so that might be the reason why the villains gallery in Spidey3.

in my ranking

1. Spidey 2

2. Spidey

3. Spidey 3

I read 2 Spider-Man 3 reviews of both of them gave equally bad comments.

Firstly was because of the excess of villians in the movie. And true enough that reviewer mentioned that Venom in Spidey 3 was like Bane in Batman & Robin. Looks like great minds think alike.

They tried to rush the villians and likewise with the plot and that's where everything just goes haywire. Sam Raimi is trying to pull a Joel Schumacher here and destroy the Spider-Man movie frachise must like how Schumacher destroyed Batman with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin (which were total jokes. Batman playing ice hockey with Mr Freeze and his goons in a museum? maybe if they were in grade school).

If they kill the franchise here, people are going to hate Sam Raimi and the production house. Hopefully it's just a plan just to prove that they can redeem themselves in the 4th one.

Hollywood has too big an ego to stop making films especially the the final one didn't go down in history.

I'm going to give Spidey another chance. Let's see what they can salvage for part 4 (if there's even gonna be one).

Suddenly, my hype for Fantastic Four 2 has sunken to an all low. Silver Surfer looks amazing... but after this... killing Marvel.

And also, FYI, after I saw what Michael Bay did to The Transformers, I don't wanna watch it anymore. I first heard of its production in 2005 which was fscking 2 years ago. I HAVE BEEN ANTICIPATING IT. The teaser trailer was awesome!

But the real trailer. Good God. They totally butchered Megatron and Optimus Prime. Optimus still had some of his original looks, but Megatron looks like a bloody giant insect robot! Does Hollywood really think that remodelling from cartoons/comic make them a tad creative? Hell to the no. Much like Black Spider-Man and scrawny Venom.

well, i guess there no such a thing a a perfect movie, there sure will b crticiism b ard whether the movie is good or bad.the diector can satisfied every viewers craving , majority , yes but not all.If truly the movie sucks big time , the first thing will be it will b a major box office disaster.so far spidey 3 still ok lah , heard that it has breaking records opening across the whole asia , :)

Just came back from watching Spiderman 3. It was not that bad as I thought it to be. I kind of like it. Venom was done nicely in my opinion. I dont like the part of sandman. I think it was rushed and the part of him apologizing and then vanish in a wisp of smoke....errr I mean sand....it looks so bad to me.

I think Sony will do a continuation of Spiderman Series but god! Pls dont put in too many villians again. I dont think it work very well all the times (not that I feel its done that badly as compare to Batman 4)

The death of Goblin is nicely done too (abit clinche though but still nice)

"From superherohype.com:

At the Los Angeles press junket today, Spider-Man 3 director Sam Raimi confirmed that Sony Pictures is doing a 4th, 5th and 6th installment of the popular franchise.

We'll have his exact words shortly, but Raimi said that he hasn't had time to think of any involvement and he doesn't want to presume Sony would want him to direct.

He said there has to be a good story to tell and that "it'd be very hard to say goodbye to 'Spider Man.'"

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=5"

A friend of mine who works in Sony Pictures Singapore told me that Sony will do 7 installments in total in Spiderman and Sam Raimi (director) will be directing all of them. Of cos I ask him how he knows and his answer: I got insider news. I told him to go gan Didu

Again, thats rumors to me until Sony confirms it.

Backtrack:

I was watching the movie with a chaser (i think he is a legal assistant) and there was this row of kids in front of us and they were chatting nonstop throughout the movie with the: "Oh thats Sandman, he is later going to be defeated by spider", "thats goblin, later he will die leh", "no lah, spiderman later will tear his suit and the other news reporter will become venom", etc.

I was so angry that i almost wanted to ask them to stfu when my chaser date went forward: "Hallo, if i want to hear stories, I will go ask my grandmother. Shut the F&^% up or get lost!". The children went dead silence. I hears many laughters in the cinema and even clappings in the cinema.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, But, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and BITCH SLAP THAT MOTHER@#*%$& UPSIDE THE HEAD!!!

Ok, in all fairness, I mentioned all those things based on reviews and trailers.

I just got back from watching the movie.

HOLY FSCKING SHIT IT WASN'T WORTH THE MONEY AT ALL.

The only decent part was the first half an hour and that's only because I was high from downing two Hoegaarden Magnums in 15 minutes to rush so as to not be late for Spider-Man 3.

**SPOILER ALERT**

The only save was JJJ... the chief editor of The Daily Bugle. He provided enough comic relief. And the same goes for Ted Raimi (the french Maitre'd). Other than that, it was a total fluke.

Parker didn't need emo hair and thin eyeliner to prove that he was 'evil' Parker. He didn't need to do that Saturday Night Fever dance through the streets and that Jazz Bar scene was totally uneccessary, much like the 2 songs that MJ Watson sang. It was so dreadful. I didn't think I would be waiting for the movie to end.

Even my friend, who is not a big Spidey fan at all, was disappointed. It was rushed, there were too many questions with quick "fastest finger first" answers.

The final battle scene was the most ridiculous. Harry's butler conveniently came in right after Spider-Man shows up and tells him the most amazing thing that he has been 'keeping' from him. Good God Almighty. Venom only appeared for the last half hour of the movie.

If it was done HALF true to the comics, Venom should be formed in the early part of the movie and made life hell for Spider-Man a living hell for our 2 hour lapse.

The only scene that stayed true to the comic was the church bell scene. That was quite well done, I must say. But not nearly enough to save the movie.

**Spoiler End**

I know this is just a movie. I didn't care that much about how they killed the X-Men franchise, but this is Spider-Man we're talking about. He was my favourite superhero growing up and this movie just totally made me feel differently about the entire thing.

Even Stan Lee (Spider-Man creator) had the audicity to cameo in such a terrible installment?!

I've heard bad bad bad reviews about it everywhere, but I decided to just watch it because IT IS SPIDER-MAN anyways and I went in with a mindset that it would be bad. I just didn't think it would be THAT bad.

This is my official review for the movie. Rating: 1/10.

And that 1 is for the church tower scene and the effects. Everything else is just crap.

I'hv seen "Jangan Pandang Belakang" the Malaysian movie....

With so much negative perception over a Malay movie, it actually grows on you as it goes along and I left the cinema feeling very impressed actually !

Not backed by over-hyped actor/tress and low profile director, this is much better than recent mat sallehs horror version

Heard that it already gross above a million in S'pore in just 1 weekend and broke all-time local Msian record of RM6.5million

The producer must be laughing all the way because he cut his budget alot on famous actor/tress and director and only spend most on CGI for the ghost...and CiciakMan spend over RM2million on CGI to make RM5.5million

It'll go to Phillipines, Korea and Japan soon with growing interest during International Film Shows review

Highly recommended....

btw , my fav horrow-film is "Salem's Lot !"

the 3rd movie is abt forgiveness, everyone is forgiving someone in the movie

MJ forgiving Peter, Peter forgiving Sandman, Harry forgiving Peter...

maybe we should "forgive" the movie also.

now my expectation is for Pirates 3, hope 3 is not a curse for sequals.

coming up Ocean 13, Die Hard 4.0

Guest Guest

Have watched "Jangan Pandang Belakang" or Don't look back.... dun seem like a big production from Production.... perhaps just want to advertised only...

Not scary enough... wondering why the malaysian censorship exaggerate it is the most scary movies of the year!! The HANTU or ghost looks so funny (cheapskate). First scene the hantu was sitted and was moved by a rolling chair (if you noticed) and flying scenes the white robe was so long as though the hantu body was extended from normal length.

Most of the audiences were scared by the sound effects...

Just watched the movie "Don't look Back" today evening. The movie mostly scary becos of the sound effect. The ghost sometimes look a bit funny, and some time he like to act like "The Ring- Zhen Zhi".. which crawled on the floor n somemore with long hair cover his face. I had seen a lot malay hantu movie like pontianak..etc.. this one consider so so only. But for entertainment ,till can watch .Advisewatch on weekday monday to wednesday cos ticket only cost $7.50. Weekend ? hmm don't think is worth it!!.. For me , so far i like the thai movie - "The art of the devil 2". Anyone watched it ? :)

Actually, "Poltergeist" is a good movie too. I would not say that it is scary but has a nice story. The sequel "Poltergeist II - The Other Side" has a weak storyline but the "old man" in it is really creepy. The stange fact about the Poltergeist movies is that someone in real life dies after each movie , Dominique Dunn who plays the little girl's sister died after the first. The actor that plays the creepy old man in the second dies after the second (apparently he had cancer but nevertheless). And the sweet young actress Heather O'Rouke died of no apparent cause after filming the third movie. Strange but the movies are cursed!

Very scary hor. I also heard that the traditional Japanese ghost movie series "四谷怪談”, almost all actoress acted died in real life. Is Linda Blair still alive ? Also, there is another very very scary movie by Ran Ran Shaw Hong Kong called "鬼眼”、filmed during 1970's, very very very scary. My hair stands even now when I think of it.

Finally got to watch spidey over the weekend... we were late for half an hour but still we entered...

Why? Once u purchased a ticket, u can stay whole day in the theater.. i.e. u can watch the show again and again..I think some places in Europe or even US, they used the same system too.

anyway, though it wasnt superb. i would still love it, i love spidey, sandy and black spermy. :)

yea, orab u are rite abt the 'no assigned seats'. the ticket prices were the same. i dont know abt other cinemas but for the cinema that we went to, if we pay for spidey..we could only stay for spidey.

it looks kind of inefficient but it was perfect for our situation, coz we were late and couldnt stay throughout the next session.

Once u purchased a ticket, u can stay whole day in the theater.. i.e. u can watch the show again and again..I think some places in Europe or even US, they used the same system too.

in some bangkok cinema also. u buy a ticket and stay thru the whole day. somemore can cruise people at some cinema. :D

Today at work, colleagues were debating on Didu man 3. Half is saying its good and half is saying its bad. Its so unfortunate that me and another cute colleague of mine walks into the battlefield and was forced to choose a side.

I was amaze but what my colleagues can dig up on the didu man series.

1- Spider-Man III will be the third of a planned six movies

The success of The Lord of the Rings popularized trilogies as a money-making route for the studios. According to Spider-Man director Sam Raimi, Sony Pictures is upping the ante, and the third installation will only mark the halfway point for the franchise.

In a May 2005 interview, Raimi revealed that Sony chairman Amy Pascal hopes to do a total of six Spider-Man movies. In fact, preparations for the latter half are already in the works: when Sony signed screenwriter Alvin Sargent ( Spider-Man II , Paper Moon , Ordinary People ) up for Spider-Man III , they included an option for a fourth movie in his contract. The studio has not yet, however, extended the services of its two leading stars. Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have not committed to the franchise beyond a third movie, and both have stated publicly that they have no intention of doing so.

2- Spider-Man III will feature multiple villains

While Sony's lips are firmly sealed regarding which villains Peter Parker will be facing off against in Spider-Man III , they have let it be known that there will be at least two of them, and that Topher Grace and Thomas Hayden Church will be assuming the roles. The most popular rumor pegs their characters as Venom and Sandman. This belief is reinforced by the physical similarities between Grace and Maguire (which would make Grace an ideal cast for the role of Spider-Man's alter ego) and Church's own remarks regarding pre-production, wherein casts were taken of his body to be used towards creating prosthetics (in keeping with Sandman's character).

Of course, the conjecture regarding Spider-Man III villains doesn't end there, and some have suggested that the movie will host as many as four baddies. All of this casting clairvoyance should be taken with a grain of salt, however -- there was plenty of guesswork regarding who would play who in the previous Spider-Man movies, most of which was proved entirely false or was thwarted by last-minute cast changes. Heath Ledger was initially rumored to be Spider-Man. Nicolas Cage and John Malkovich were both offered the role of the Green Goblin before it went to Willem Dafoe. And Alicia Witt and Kate Hudson were both purportedly in the running to play Mary Jane before Kirsten Dunst was cast.

3- The effects for Spider-Man III will be made from scratch

A lot of hours went into creating the CGI set of New York City and the CGI model for the Spider-Man character and, as noted earlier, they didn't come cheap. But in keeping with his intention to further heighten the realism and overall quality of each film in the franchise, Sam Raimi will be making the special effects for Spider-Man III completely anew, starting from scratch.

Spider-Man II effects supervisor Scott Stokdyk (the guy behind the visual tricks in Titanic , Godzilla , Hollow Man , and The Fifth Element ) has already started working on the visuals for the third film. Animation supervisor Spencer Cook (who also worked on the first two Spider-Man movies, as well as The Matrix Revolutions and The Matrix Reloaded ) will also return.

4- Marvel Comics will see an immediate $10-million cut from Spider-Man III

To date, the Spider-Man franchise has been an extremely lucrative one. The first two installments generated $1.5 billion in ticket receipts. Spider-Man II held the record for opening-day earnings, having pulled in $40.4 million, until Star Wars III broke it in the spring of 2005 (reeling in $50 million on its first day). The Spider-Man movie sold 7 million DVDs and videocassettes on its first day of release, and made revenues of $190 million over its first three days.

So where is all this cash going? Well, Sony is obviously seeing a nice chunk of change. But Marvel Comics is really killing it on the Spider-Man franchise. In 2003, Marvel took Sony to court over the licensing and merchandise revenues from the movie. The battle was a long, costly one, but it paid off for Marvel. The settlement dictates that Marvel gets $10 million off the bat for each sequel that is produced, and a whopping 75% of merchandising revenues (previously, Sony and Marvel had split them 50/50).

5- The Spider-Man III movie may be eclipsed only by the Spider-Man video games

The Spider-Man video game franchise has brought in some coin as well: more than $250 million in the U.S. alone. The creator, Activision, has two more Spidey games currently on slate, but their next one, the console version of Spider-Man III , is stuck on the backburner until the actual movie comes out. In the meantime, Activision will be making some bills with Ultimate Spider-Man , due out in September of 2005.

While Ultimate Spider-Man will be available for a variety of consoles, it seems that Activision is creating it with the PS3 in mind -- and its preview at the 2005 E3 entertainment expo blew everyone away.

Sony has pointed out that the PS3 is so powerful, it has the capacity to run the same CGI Spider-Man that we've seen in the movies. The company is going to need to milk the game for all it's worth, as they'll soon be missing out on a serious sum of Spider-Man gaming profits.

In July 2005, Microsoft inked a deal with Marvel, which gave them exclusive rights to Marvel characters for multiplayer online games.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, But, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and BITCH SLAP THAT MOTHER@#*%$& UPSIDE THE HEAD!!!

Very informative AbtmChub. :thumb: I think I am in the minority in liking the many villians that appeared in the Spidey 3 film. JUST THAT I was dissappointed that the villians werent formidable enough. Sandman was kind of interesting. But only for the first five minutes. After banging away with his sandy fists and sweeping away his foes, the interest kind of ebb away quickly. Ditto for Venom. This guy got serious weakness and the fight scenes were really weak with little suspence. Nothing here to match the peerless train sequence in Spidey 2. Ah, that train scene is a real classic!

Anyway there would be a Spidey 4 going by the box office success of 3.

'Spider-Man 3,'' starring Tobey Maguire, set a three-day box-office record at U.S. and Canadian theaters, taking in $148 million for Sony Corp.

Sales for the film, shown in a record 4,252 theaters, topped the $135.6 million earned by Walt Disney Co.'s ``Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest,'' last July, box-office tracker Media By Numbers LLC said today in a statement. The movie also set the one-day sales record on May 4 with $59 million, beating ``Dead Man's Chest,'' which made $55.8 million in a day.' Bloomberg

yummy.....yap spiderman 3 broke the records that of spider 1 and 2

• HendryTan changed the title to Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked, unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.