Male HQ

Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest IslandMan

Guest sugar daddy
Eat your heart out loser, when the box office earnings get released. :)

If you have backer left right centre, I never doubt the box office earnings will be low.

Her fans are still so proud to brag they buy so many tickets to watch the movie many times.

So it's all Inflated, like her cheeks.

Get a reality check, deluded.

Guest sugar daddy
Eat your heart out loser, when the box office earnings get released. :)

If you have backer left right centre, I never doubt the box office earnings will be low.

Her fans are still so proud to brag they buy so many tickets to watch the movie many times.

So it's all Inflated, like her cheeks.

Get a reality check, deluded.

Guest Zoe fan

It would be the best movie of the year if WXYZ replaced Fann.

Queen WXYZ is the best and forever the best, the hottest babe, the toppest actress of Caldecott Hill, the most remarkable and significant actress in the entire Asia...

unless ur a fan of fann wong and christopher lee, if not, dont bother watching it.

why would ppl care about their wedding anyway.

oh ya...u can see many sponsors in the movie...from fragrance bbq pork to no signboard seafood to bird nest etc..

EXACTLY! All these sponsors will be given tickets which will count as box office also. Very convenient when box office earnings are released.

I don't even bother with Brad and Angelina....Chris & Fann? who's that?!?!?!?!?

It would be the best movie of the year if WXYZ replaced Fann.

Queen WXYZ is the best and forever the best, the hottest babe, the toppest actress of Caldecott Hill, the most remarkable and significant actress in the entire Asia...

你别把阿姐扯进来,毕竟范文芳只算阿二,阿姐算阿一。哈哈!

Guest very fishy
你别把阿姐扯进来,毕竟范文芳只算阿二,阿姐算阿一。哈哈!

yes, don't fall for his trap, I think this so-called WXYZfan is trying to use reverse psychology to creat more trouble and controversy here.

True fans won't behave this irrational way.

Hi Uncle OB and All,

I just came back from watching Inkheart and I thought it was quite a fine movie. In fact, I enjoyed watching the show. :lol:

I always believe there's 3 major parts when it comes to reviewing a film i.e. Plot, Acting and Directing/Cinematography. It is not fair to criticize Inkheart based on its story as it is a simple fantasy plot meant for kids. Hence you have helpless kid, under-developed characters and silly animals featured in this movie. Well, kids love these characters and their intentions! :D

Now what impresses me most about Inkheart is the acting cast. You get to see Brendan Fraser, Paul Bettany, Andy Serkis and Helen Mirren and all displaying their superb acting skills in this subtle story.

So i would recommend fellow movie-goers to watch this show with an open heart and check your attitude at the cinema entrance. Not every enjoyable fantasy movie needs to be "One Ring" good. :lol: Happy CNY yo!

Edited by Panda_9791

Koh Samui, I need u...

• 1 month later...

Just return from the movie premier of <<Street Fighter – The Legend of Chun Li>>, depending on how you see it, this movie is either

The.Worst.Action.Movie.Of.The Year

Or

The.Best.Comedy.Movie.Of.The Year.

The audiences were seen laughing and shaking their heads when they left the theater. In fact the best 1 sentence summary review was from this lady whom I shared the lift with. She told her friend candidly that “This movie is so bad, I wondered how Bangkok Tourism Board (Major parts were filmed in BKK) ever let it through”

Granted making a movie out of a successful game isn’t easy, most failed badly. <<Super Mario Bro>> was a joke, the original <<Street Fighter Movie>> was disastrous (Trivial: Do you still remembered Kylie Minogue acted as Chun Li?) Even the latest Max Payne starring the hunky Mark Wahlberg failed to make a stir. Let alone a movie based on a fighting game such as “Street Fighter”, which the objective was to select a fighter to PK other fighter, not exactly plenty of plot material to work on.

This movie basically just used the names of the characters; nothing reminded me of the game. Chun Li didn’t look Chinese, and she wasn’t in her ironic Cheong Sum uniform. The rest of the characters, like Charlie, Gen, Vega, Bison etc didn’t remotely looked like the in game characters as well, and making you realized why they even bother to use the Street Fighter name at all, they could simple named <<The Legend of Ming Li>> and the movie would still hold.

Plot wise, it was incoherent till laughable stage. Chun Li father was a well connected business man and that led him to be kidnapped by Bison to make use of his connections. Chun Li was guided from HK to BKK by the Web of Spider group so as to train under Gen, so she could fight Bison to save her father. Throw in a whole batch of useless sub-characters and you get this movie.

Mind you, Chun Li father was kidnapped more than 5 years (She grown from a school girl to at least 18 years old in order to travel alone). Why Bison would keep someone that had lost touched with everyone for 5 years for “his connection”?

This was not only the part that didn’t make sense, Chun Li was told to lose herself so that she could blend into the world of BKK. She did that by walking aimlessly through the streets of BKK, talking about blending in.

In addition, this movie suffered from the stupid villain symptom that I am so irked about, parts where villain literally gave the protagonist chances to escape.

For me, plot in an action movie served mostly as vehicle to bring out, err well, the action. However even that aspect was disappointing, none of the fighting scene was exceptionally spectacular and the shaky camera tricks added to the confusion.

The Verdict: Even if you are a diehard fan of the “Street Fighter” franchise, you are better off playing the game at home and choose, who else, Chun Li as the character to thrash your way through the levels…

p/s: This movie starred our home grown actor, Edmund Chen - as Chun Li’s father – and that earned him a round of applauds when he first appeared on the movie screen during the premier.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Trivial: Do you still remembered Kylie Minogue acted as Chun Li?

No i dont, because she doesnt?

I guess the best version among the Street Fighter movies, are still the Jackie Chan one. haha.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest ttttt
(Trivial: Do you still remembered Kylie Minogue acted as Chun Li?)

I remembered Kylie Minogue's role was Cammy, not Chun Li. Chun Li was played by Ming-Na, an American Chinese actress. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, I won't be watching the movie now.

Here is trailers and theme song of Departures (送行者).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6onZVeucA1c...feature=related (Trailers with English sub)

(Trailers with Chinese sub)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJhIHT7Nw-c...feature=related (Theme song with Chinese sub)

I was surprised to walk in to see the theater at Bishan almost three-quarter full during this afternoon showing of Okuribito, or Departures. The hearty attendance must have come hot on the heels after the Oscar's win and/or also by words of mouth.

While I was touched and cried so much my eyes became red and swollen as I left the cinema (I had to put my shades to avoid stares), this film was just a little short from being great. The subject matter is certainly morbid enough and the Japanese are masters in the theater of the absurd. Kudos to all the excellent ensemble acting with special mention to lead actor Masahiro Motoki, Tsutomu Yamazaki (the boss) and Kimiko Yo (the secretary). And the lead actress Ryoko Hirosue is so adorable.

This film is not just about the departures of your loved ones from this earth. It's also about departure of the love ones in your life (abandoned child who bears the emotional scars or the wife who leaves the husband, albeit temporary, because she finds his job just undignified). An emotionally wrenching film that is nicely balanced by the weird humour or absurdity of life that the Japanese does best. Do watch it before it departs. :rolleyes:

Guest -chnbear-

This movie made me laugh the hardest ever (the lead's freight and throwing up and shouted at by his boss to help with the decomposed old lady....sooooo funny)

Then i couldnt control the tears. my most tearful movie ever (I think) maybe because the pain of the lost of my mom is not healed.

dont miss it.

The theater hall was fully occupied (yes, even the 1st row) on a weekday afternoon, 3 pm show. Everyone was laughing for the 1st 20 minutes and in the middle of the movie, I could hear people sniffing and wiping tears. As for myself, tears had wet me shirt.

I still prefer the Taiwanese name for the movie: 送行者 or in Hong Kong, they called the movie 禮儀師の奏鳴曲. They are so beautiful and allowed people to think deep into these name. But in Singapore, it is translated as 入殓师, so damn "str8 to the point", "out" and uncultured. :angry:

Strange it is Oscar winning movie but why not all GV nor Cathay or SB showing it in all their theathre?

Only exclusive several GV theatre.

Departures is a GV exclusive movie here in SG.. that's why not all cinemas are showing.. Maybe they rather have less cineplexes showing so that they can maintain full house. I must say that the male lead is attractive at his age, considering that he will be 45 yrs old next year.

Edited by MobyDick

Guest Centrino

Loved the movie and was trying very hard not to let my tears wet my shirt... Saw lots of guys wiping their eyes using their girlfriends' tissue paper too...haha

The only other movie (coincidentally also a Japanese movie) that made me cry even more was なだそうそう with its mesmerizing theme song....!

Edited by Centrino

watch the show today, can anyone enlighten me about a few questions :

1. why and how his boss determine he is born to do the job ?

2. why his dad left/dump his family and stay alone for 30 year at fish warehouse

3. what make him decide to attend his dad funeral ?

4. when they clean up the girl who happen to be transexual, why the father kneel down n thank them when he keep insisting his son instead of "daughter"... i dun get it.

5. when his first cases of decay old women, he wash himself non stop..but why he want to make love with his wife .....what type of emotion he is going true...i dun get it.

thank u...this movies make me ask so much question...and make me thinking. NOt bad really.

The following replies are just my understanding of the show.

1. why and how his boss determine he is born to do the job ?

Somehow, he is the only one who took the job. His colleague told him that the boss sees something in him that he is suitable for the job.

2. why his dad left/dump his family and stay alone for 30 year at fish warehouse

His father left the mom for another women. I think the women left him after that and his father is too ashamed to go home. So he stayed at the fishing village till he passed away.

3. what make him decide to attend his dad funeral ?

He wants to see his dad for the last time. Maybe he remembers the old lady's son's sorrow for not being a good son for the mother.

4. when they clean up the girl who happen to be transexual, why the father kneel down n thank them when he keep insisting his son instead of "daughter"... i dun get it.

To the father he is still his son because the father cannot accept his son wanting to be a women.

To the mother, he is to her, her daughter as she has accepted him.

5. when his first cases of decay old women, he wash himself non stop..but why he want to make love with his wife .....what type of emotion he is going true...i dun get it.

With the death he saw that day, he just wants to feel his wife who is alive and he needs the comfort of another human being.

The strong contrast of his job and the jobs of the two men who came to collect his deceased father is apparent. The job he is doing gives dignity back to the deceased with proper send off and at the same time the makeup lets the family see the deceased as they were.

His father's love for him was convey through the rock the father gave him, which was wrapped in his music score with his old cello. Even though his father was dying, he was still thinking of his son, by clutching the stone his son gave him when he was young.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally caught this show last weekend. Damn! My tears were uncontrollable... i should have brought my hand towel... haha... nice show with a quirky touch. I give it a 4/5. The only parts i don't like are those scenes with him playing cello on a grass slope. Too cliche... and hence 1 rating point deducted... :whistle:

Koh Samui, I need u...

Guest Guest
I must say that the male lead is attractive at his age, considering that he will be 45 yrs old next year.

i find him cute even if he were a decade younger... i wish i'll look as good as he's 45 when i'm 35... lol

Guest Guest

Yes, that cello scene where he is playing in the open field is the one false note in the otherwise fine movie. For that, I'd have that oscar away from them.

Yes, that cello scene where he is playing in the open field is the one false note in the otherwise fine movie. For that, I'd have that oscar away from them.

he has such a nice body, can suck him for hours and dry him..........he deserves to be drained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Watching movie is always my best hobby, sometimes even better than having sex :rolleyes:

If someone ask me, which movie you like most ... I can answer immediately without thinking "The Thorn Birds"

There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the Earth. From the moment it leaves the nest, it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until it has found one. Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spin. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-carol the lark and the nightingale. One superlative song, existence the price. But the whole world stills to listen, and God in His heaven smiles.

For the BEST is only bought at the cost of great pain .... Or so says the legend.

The Bird with the thorn in its breast, it follows an immutable law, it is driven by it knows not what to impale itself, and die singing. At the very instanst the thorn enters there is no awareness in it of the dying to come, it simply sings and sings until there is not the life left to utter another note. But we, when we put the thorn in our breasts, we know. We understand. And still we do it. Still we do it.

The first time I watched this movie was long long time ago together with my parents and their friends, when I was a little boy in Elementary School. I did not understand much but I always remember the leading actor and actress.

The leading actor (Richard Chamberlain) was the first man I saw nude in TV, I was really shocked that time :oops: (poor my little boy) and never could forget about it.

The leading actress (Rachel Ward) was the very beautiful and intelligent woman who played perfectly her role, anytime people talk about the colour "Ashes of Roses" I recall her dress.

This mini series covers 60 years in the lives of the Cleary family, brought from New Zealand to Australia to run their aunt Mary Carson's ranch. The story centers on their daughter, Meggie, and her love for the family's priest, Father Ralph de Bricassart. Meggie tries to forget Ralph by marrying dashing stockman Luke O'Neill, but she and Ralph are soon reunited, with tragic consequences for them both.

TheThornBirds.jpg

I was a bad novel reader, I never can read a book more than 15 minutes. But few years ago, by chance I read this novel (1977 best-selling novel by Colleen McCullough, an Australian author), and this time I can not help enjoying it. Every word touched me very very much, that's why I recognised may be I am grown up ;) . Since then, I start trying to read many novels ...

These are my favourite lines

" Especially the ones with the ancient Greek stories, because they fascinate me. They say the Greeks have a word for everything, and that there's no human situation the Greeks didn't describe."

" I know. I've read some of Luddie's books, too."

"Then don't you remember? The Greeks say it's a sin against the gods to love something beyond all reason. And do you remember that they say when someone is loved so, the Gods become jealous, and strike the object down in the very fullness of its flower? There's a lesson in it, Meggie. It's profane to love too much."

"Profane, Anne, that's the key word! I shan't love Ralph's baby profanely, but with the purity of the Blessed Mother herself."

Anne's brown eyes were very sad. "Ah, but did she love purely? The object of her love was struck down in the very fullness of His flower, wasn't He?"

Meggie put Justine in her cot. "What must be, must be. Ralph I can't have, his baby I can. I feel . . . oh, as if there's a purpose to my life after all! That's been the worst thing about these three and a half years, Anne. I was beginning to think there was no purpose to my life."

She smiled briskly, decisively. "I'm going to protect this child in every way I can, no matter what the cost to myself. And the first thing is that no one, including Luke, shall ever imply it has no right to the only name I'm at liberty to give it. The very thought of sleeping with Luke makes me ill, but I'll do it. I'd sleep with the Devil himself if it could help this baby's

future.

In the end, you need to see the movie or read the novel in order to know if Greek says is correct.

Sometimes, I spend the whole day just to watch this movie again in order not to forget it ...

P.S : I saw HMV selling this DVD mini series but I am not sure if it is still available there.

Edited by castaway

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

"Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people" succinctly points to the heart of this film, and what makes it work so well; the journey of a couple who married for the wrong reasons towards true intimacy with each other.

This is the best movie's tag line I like most so far .

So what is the really distance between two people ? Is it existed ? Is it very big ? Yes, sometimes, it is just small gap :whistle: , but sometimes it can be a big distance if you don't know how to fill up or shift yourself, if you don't know how to forgive, or if you don't know how to discover the deepest wild thought inside your partner ;). Then one day you feel very surprised and shocked with what our friends/partner do (as in Revolutionary Road).

Everyday will be a beautiful day if you discover a little thing, a small habit of your partner ... what can be more wonderful than that ?

thepaintedveilposter.jpg

Back to the movie "The Painted Veil" , Edward Norton is always one of my favourite actors, his first movie I watched was Primal Fear (together with Richard Gere). I never can forget his impressive eyes in it. They are not beautiful as Tony Leung (In the mood for Love), they are not so wet as Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Match Point) but definitely, not so dull as Eric Bana.

Naomi Watt is not really my favourite actress after watching KingKong but this movie made me good impression on her.

The Painted Veil is a love story set in the 1920s that tells the story of a young English couple, Walter, a middle class doctor and Kitty, an upper-class woman, who get married for the wrong reasons and relocate to Shanghai, where she falls in love with someone else. When he uncovers her infidelity, in an act of vengeance, he accepts a job in a remote village in China ravaged by a deadly epidemic, and takes her along. Their journey brings meaning to their relationship and gives them purpose in one of the most remote and beautiful places on earth. Written by Warner Independent Pictures

At first the story is rather slow and dull, if you're not a drama film fan, it might soon bore you. But later the story develops gradually. The characters become very interesting.

The movie is good, no question of that but what touched me in this story is when Walter keeps punishing his wife Kitty after her unfaithfulness even she tried her very best to be his good wife. She replied :

" We humans are more complex than your silly little microbes. We're unpredictable. We make mistakes and we disappoint. I'm sorry I'm not the perfect young woman that you want me to be. I'm just ordinary. I never tried to pretend that I was anything else."

Yes, it is true, we are just human beings, even me, I am ordinary gay human being, I made mistakes, so do you ... but above all, we need to learn how to forgive in order to move on.

Am I truly happier when I hold grudges ? No, of course not, hating someone is very strong and heavy feeling to me.

"It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

We fight for life because we love to live.

Edited by castaway

Dear Castaway,

Didn't know you are such a sweet romantic guy.

Beginning to like you more now. :oops:

Thanks, Cock ... for your compliment :rolleyes:

Hope you and everybody will tell their favourite movies here , not me solo ... it is my main purpose :thumb:

A handsome husband with a good job, a happy family with a child, a beautiful house outside of New York City, are those everything a woman is looking for ? Is it American dream ?

Let's watch this movie "Unfaithful" to find the answer.

UnfaithfulFullscreen200232254_f.jpg

The performances by the actors are especially effective particularly by the two leads: Richard Gere and Diane Lane.

The reason I watched this movie because of Richard Gere who is one of my favourite actors, perfect handsome man in my dream ... First time, I was only impressed by some pxxno scenes, it was hot to me ... but some other times after that, I was so impressed by the acting of Diane Lane who in my opinion, is very typical charming American housewife which everymen want to marry.

The movie was shooted in New York where everything can happen. I just wonder why almost all romantic love stories happen in New York where I guess the life is very rush and ...superficial ... is it right ? :whistle:

I am not telling the movie here but just sharing some points I feel interesting.

The turning point of this movie is when Diana Lane (Connie) came to New York city and suddently got hurt by a strong wind. A young and handsome French guy passed by and helped her. She refused and tried to call a cab home but it was impossible.

How could she resist ? How can we resist ? It is quite difficult. As we all know, French guys are so famous for flirtation plus their sexy accent so it is not really surprised if any girl and guy go for it ;).

This French guy Paul is novel seller so he has full of academic flirtation quotes which can melt anybody such as " Your eyes are amazing do you know that? You should never shut them, not even at night ".

Then sometimes, Connie felt guilty and worried for what she was doing behind her husband then Paul helped to put her mind at ease by " There is no such thing as a mistake. There are things you do, and things you don't do". Yes, actually, I like this quote. It helps me to feel less guilty in some cases. How about you ? :whistle:

Happiness is like a cake and everybody needs to fight for their parts. Sometimes your life, your freedom and your happiness can also affect to other life, other freedom and other happiness. We can be happy or unhappy but be sure that we have to pay for its "price". There is nothing free in this world.

As The Fool of Lean Womack "You hold his heart in the palm of your hand and it’s breaking mine in two"

Sometimes, I just wonder , anyway I always wonder because I am a complicated guy, always conflicted with myself then creat for my own more difficulty ... I wonder if I want to be like Richard Gere (Ed Sumner) who is family man, love my partner forever, do everthing to keep and protect my relationship. However, looking at myself now, I feel I am like that French guy :rolleyes: ... some days in the future, I will be forgotten. :(

But then why are we all stupid as the woman in "Unfaithful", running after a man, risking her whole family and relationship ... just because of his dick, his fxxk.

This kind of movie is similar as Killing me softly or Match Point, ... of course, there is no LOVE here, only sex and sex, even we always say about passion, temptation but are you sure you can exchange and risk everything you have for it ?

I don't know if I have such high temptation, you also don't know ... until the day you meet him ... the day you got hurt by a strong wind in New York City ... or Vivo city :yuk:

But I know that I am going to New York one day and I wish to be hurted by a strong wind ... then a hadsome guy passed by and ... xyz me :whistle: ... then I can tell you if I have high temptation ;)

Killing.jpg

matchpoint.jpg

Edited by castaway

Guest movie goer

There is this new gay movie starring Robert Deniro and Phillip Hoffman,very touching and intense.In my opinon better than brokeback mountain.Anyone seen it care to share.

There is this new gay movie starring Robert Deniro and Phillip Hoffman,very touching and intense.In my opinon better than brokeback mountain.Anyone seen it care to share.

Hi,

The movie you mentioned is "Flawless" and it is not a new movie. I was released in 1999.

I have not seen this movie yet so no comments but saw the Poster somewhere :rolleyes:

flawless.jpg

But I have some other movies which are also very nice o share

happytogether_01.jpgjustaquestionoflove.jpg

Edited by castaway

Kar Wai Wong is one of my favourite directors, his first movie I watched is "In the mood for Love" and it soon became one of my favourite movies ...

There are many his other movies which I like :

- Chungking Express

- Happy Together

- My Blueberry Nights

But recently, I watched "Ashes of Time" after a friend advised me even I am not a fan of martial art movie.

AshesofTime.jpg

"Ashes of Time" of Kar Wai Wong is full of colour. The desert is so huge but also quiet, always exists but unchanged, only humans are rotated between present and past.

A friend of mine captured the movie is the story of memory, of past, of thoughts, of waiting because of very missing and desperation when being unforgetable, even drunk up the bottle of magic wine.

Is it true that memory is the root of Man's troubles, unforgetable the hurted past, unleaveable the unfinished love, then ... being desperate with himself

Is there anybody who can love and hate at the same time as Murong Yang/ Murong Yin...., when she is the mad woman who is left by her lover, or when she is the man who hate his sister's lover so much ...

Is there anybody who was so desperate of waiting ... then decided to marry brother of her lover just to make him regret forever of never having his true lover.

There are things that we can not consider as standard for judgement. For example, Will you love and wait a person forever ? There is no answer, is correct answer. At least with actors in this movie.

They can be different persons, but common characteristic, they are dare to love and dare to live fullest for their love.

They are willing to touch to the single moment and live fullest in that brilliant light, defying the fact that they will have to wait for the rest of their lives in hopeless and in misery.

I think, waiting and being misery aren't tragedy. Not confirming love is the tragedy of lives.

The Swordman was betrayed by his fiancee, and he agreed to go away, then after many years later he was willing to risk his own life just to look "Peach Blossom" again for the last time ...

The woman Ou-Yang Feng loves most, used to say :

I used to think some words were so important. Once spoken they would last a lifetime.

But looking back, I realised it makes no difference.

Everything changes.

I always thought I was the winner until one day I looked in the mirror and saw the face of a loser.

During the best years of my life, the person I love was not by my side.

then she asked

"Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could go back to the past?

But I believe, if it were, then everything would happens same, as its essence (Butterfly Effect).

I don't know if Love is a contest and there are winner or loser ... I only know that to be a winner, I have to live alone for such years just to prove that he can not have myself, then I am willing to be a loser ...

A 90 minute movie can draw a beautiful picture about love, about loneliness, about waiting and especially the "magic" feeling ... then it must be a masterpiece of art.

"Ashes of Time" - only when time also disappears, when human beings become ashes, then we can forget ... will we ?

Sometimes I wish I have the bottle of magic wine to forget some parts of my memory. Without a past, every day would be a new beginning. Wouldn't that be great?

But magic wine is just a joke, the more you try to forget, the better you'll remember.

Memory is thing that brain can not control and what can I do without memory ?

So when you can't have what you want, the best you can do is try not to forget ...

In IMDB, there is a Chinese man who wrote a simple comment but very meaningful about this movie and this is also one of reasons made me watch it.

As a Chinese, I had chance to watch Kar Wai Wong's movies in my childhood. One of them is Dung che sai duk. But at that time, I couldn't even understand any of the actor's lines. Didn't understand why they people fight or cry. Then I fell asleep.

But after many years, when I went to university, when the girl I deep in love with left me to another country. I saw DVD of this film again, alone. And this time I cannot help enjoying it. Every actor's line touched me very very much.

What's behind the mountain? May be another mountain, and another. How wonderful it'd be to forget the past. Everyday would be a new beginning. Isn't that great? What's love? Maybe love is to leave the one you love, to win the one then finally find you have lost everything including yourself.

Now I have my job and new life. Many things have been past for a long time. And this movie, I cannot remember some of the scenes. But sometimes I still recall lots of words they say. When I am alone, when I feel gloomy or a little bit sad, the words will come to my mind with beautiful music and the scene of huge desert.

In this world, something's gonna change, something's not. If you cannot have someone, the only thing you can do is not to forget.

I will never forget.

Edited by castaway

Can you cheat The Death twice ?

By chance I watched the Final Destination Part 2 first with my cousin and we were so impressive about it then I tried to look for the Part 1. It is so interesting in term of Horror Movies but also very logic. Since then whenever I check-in at airport and waiting for the air plane taking off ... I always feel scared :yuk:

I know this movie was shown on Channel 5 MediaCorp but it was censored too much. You must watch the original version :whistle:

Wish you guys like it ;)

FinalDestination1.jpg

Finaldestination2.jpg

Finaldestination3.jpg

If you used to dream of becoming a spy (as me), If you can "swallow" "Lust and Caution" then you definitely can watch these below movies.

- The lives of others (Germany)

- Black Book (Netherlands)

- Female Agents (France)

Even all of them are from European countries where I think the movie is still one level lower compared to America but it worths your time.

Thelivesofothers.jpg

blackbook.jpg

FemaleAgents.jpg

Some movies are just very simple with not really new stories but the acting of the cast is fabulous .

One of these movies is "Notes on A Scandal".

Watch it then you will know why Judi Dench was nominated many times :rolleyes:

I am sure you will like it.

notesonascandal.jpg

Let's start a nice weekend with some Romantic movies :rolleyes:

I guess many of you guys already watched some famous academic Romantic movies BUT I just want to share few ones which not many people have seen ;)

May be many people have seen "The Notebook" but still want to mention again

the-notebook.jpg

But Before Sunrise and Before Sunset may not :B) , in my opinion I prefer "Before Sunrise" - Part 1, there isn't any boring scene in this movie :rolleyes:

before_sunrise.jpg

beforeSunset.jpg

And you will be very surprised by watching this French movie "Love me if you dare"

IF love is a game, will you dare to play with me ?

love_me_if_you_dare_ver2.jpg

• HendryTan changed the title to Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked, unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.