Male HQ

Singapore Local Gay News [LGBT Related News] (Compiled)

GuestWriter

If the MP has stepped in after people complained, this tragedy wouldn't have happened.  I lost count how many murder cases related to LBGT so far.  I think the AMK murder case near MRT walkway, the lesbian murder case in one of the HDB (forgot where) rings a bell to similar love/hate/murder relationship.  I hope this gay community try, at least try, to handle love lost relationship in a matured fashion. I know talk is easy and walking the talk is hard, but when you look back you know how silly you were as you matured.

Guest Fatty
58 minutes ago, Guest Zuk said:

If the MP has stepped in after people complained, this tragedy wouldn't have happened.  I lost count how many murder cases related to LBGT so far.  I think the AMK murder case near MRT walkway, the lesbian murder case in one of the HDB (forgot where) rings a bell to similar love/hate/murder relationship.  I hope this gay community try, at least try, to handle love lost relationship in a matured fashion. I know talk is easy and walking the talk is hard, but when you look back you know how silly you were as you matured.

66% approves. What to do? 

Guest wasted

The "boy" has so much potential in life, but.....*sigh* for a moment of impulse, he was killed by the straight people.  If only he came to BW forum and poured out his grief and listen to advices here, he probably will be saved too, especially after knowing many people were caught in his situation and he is not alone......sigh.  I think he is not that bad looking.

Guest wasted

Oh, I felt sad for his parents. They shouldn't have made to go through this after bringing up his son for 26 years.  Too young to call it a day.....sigh......like his curly hair, fair and very ang mo look.  He looks familiar though, not sure where I have seen this chap before,

Gay issues aside. He harassed, strangled, molest, attack others and damage neighbors' property and still was not arrested???!!! What are the authorities or parents waiting for? For such cases send to courts for mediation got use meh? Not too sure if they sent him for medical assessment as all his behavior seems very abnormal and pose a threat to his immediate neighbors. Very sad ending indeed.

Guest Catch 22
4 hours ago, Guest Zuk said:

If it's to do with gays mps usually trained to look the other way. If they helped they will be abetting a crime - 377a - if they don't they will be deemed homiphobic. 377a is so stupid. Taking it off and offending a small portion of creestiangs and moslems is definately worth all the potential troubles that will be saved!

1 hour ago, wantonmee said:

sounds psychotic but could have been better handled. 

wat was his family doing.. surely this could have been prevented...

too little, too late now

bummer

Should 've used love to handle?

Or it's a case with too much love to handle?

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest wasted
20 minutes ago, KENZ said:

What are the authorities or parents waiting for?

Most gay are closetted, cannot blame the parents.  The suspect has already brought the matter to the authority, but Singapore authority is always seen sleeping on the job. The obscene salary did not bring about the competency of the new generation of civil servants and govt.  I have nothing more to say about this dissappointing cuntry.

Guest Catch 22
1 hour ago, wantonmee said:

sounds psychotic but could have been better handled. 

wat was his family doing.. surely this could have been prevented...

too little, too late now

bummer

His family probably did nothing due to their religion. Against doctrine and a potential crime to help, may make it worse if they opposed. They may have tried but indecisive and hindered by above reasons.

Apathetic and wishy washy people here are. If your passion has nothing to do with religion, better quit it or take it elsewhere.

Guest Guest

Exactly. Surely killing is and shouldn't be the solution if only victim is calmed enough to think at such a young age its rather reckless of him .

Rest in peacev Shawn ..his name is very familiar to me. 

Guest CSI bitch

Loud bang? Did he just crush him with a cupboard of bricks? The eurasian is made of mashmallow?

I find the killer's methodology intriguing. CSI please.

Sad case. RIP.

ps: not condoning his actions but aunties look kaypo, bored and cunty. Not exactly my type of girls.

Is the 20 yo gay or str?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Sleigh

I cannot believe he is totally str8, even if he claims to be. 

He must have toyed with the eurasian guy's feelings. It's uncanny to be that persistent towards a str8 guy for no rhyme or reason unless the pursuer is batshit crazy or owed money by the the other party. 

Lots of question marks to this case.

46 minutes ago, fab said:

Is the 20 yo gay or str?

Aiyo... we dunno for sure.

but if he is str8, tt can be quite scary to be stalked

Look at the threads here.

Everytime a lovesick cow pines for one sided love with a str8, some pp tell him hold on, can try, can bend.

See la. Now bend until kenna murdered.

And those pp who cant empathise with unneeded attention. Read the threads where the sistas make fun of str8 girls who fall for them. Same same but different?

Guest Sleuth
14 minutes ago, Guest Sleigh said:

I cannot believe he is totally str8, even if he claims to be. 

He must have toyed with the eurasian guy's feelings. It's uncanny to be that persistent towards a str8 guy for no rhyme or reason unless the pursuer is batshit crazy or owed money by the the other party. 

Lots of question marks to this case.

But now, it's his words against the dead's. Guess the truth may never come to light, seeing how negative the perceptions our society still have towards gay people in general.

Why must resort to killing when prison awaits? Police and mp's inaction? Nevertheless the suspect's homophobia reminds one of bryan tay's hatred. 

Signs of the volatile situation. Sigh

Guest Sleuth
1 hour ago, Guest Sleuth said:

But now, it's his words against the dead's. Guess the truth may never come to light, seeing how negative the perceptions our society still have towards gay people in general.

Why must resort to killing when prison awaits? Police and mp's inaction? Nevertheless the suspect's homophobia reminds one of bryan tay's hatred. 

Signs of the volatile situation. Sigh

Bryan lim not tay. Duh

Guest Think Again

The question is, how did the papers conclude that the victim is in love with the accused and is stalking the accused?  This side of the story could be given by the family of the accused to cover up for him.  Who knows, God forbid, the victim is chasing after the accused to return money that he borrowed.  The guy is dead now and no lawyer could stand up to defense on his behalf. 

• G_M changed the title to Another Gay Lover Murder in Sg
Guest Singapore Gay Story

I pity the dead.  He probably lived a very lonesome life and his only friend was the 20yo killer. They were childhood friend, same church member, same race and neighbourhood friend. Where to find such perfect match in a "lonely planet"?    All of a sudden, the only person whom he trusted, decided to abandon him. 

In many break up relationship,  healing is difficult and how the person dealt with pain will probably depends on his family value, society exposure, the number of relationship years with the killer and the deceased internal pressure.  The 26yo deceased find his supposedly "perfect world with a pefect person" shattered and became hard to swallow.  He was determined to take back his lost world and probably went a little further to become more thick skin, working against the norm, fighting against all odd, to the extend of allowing himself to receive physical hurt from the 20yo boy during stalking.   

Than, each failure, to win back his pefect boy, is an emotional agony, a mental struggle.  All he asked, is a relationship to be patched, a forgiveness which he knew not the reason.  Oblivion to stares and neighbours agitation, his bad names went to the authority who took no action to save both the deceased and the kiier.  The very reserved deceased needed his fantasy land.  

The 20yo killer decided that if the fantasy world was what the deceased wanted, he shall give it  to him.  The deceased allowed himself to be tied by his "lover"  and received multiple punches until he died, from the only persom whom he trusted.......

Tragic.

PS...don't give me that look after reading the above.  Many of you probably know how it was like in a broken relationship.  Stop acting like you are make of steel.

20 hours ago, Guest Think Again said:

The question is, how did the papers conclude that the victim is in love with the accused and is stalking the accused?  This side of the story could be given by the family of the accused to cover up for him.  Who knows, God forbid, the victim is chasing after the accused to return money that he borrowed.  The guy is dead now and no lawyer could stand up to defense on his behalf. 

Scary to speculate.....so coincidentally and accurately......the 3rd case at Jalan Besar is about money issue.....killer chasing the victim for money (Jalan besar case).

Edited by nixorn

surely the victim is kind of like a psycopath. if he was let go for another period of time he might: a. keeps harassing suspect and people that lives around that area; b. took it too far and kill some people. though suspect may have enough of him that's why he decided to kill him since the authorities did nothing, it's a wrong thing to do, but suspect in his defense could reason that he did it in self defense cuz victim keeps on harassing. did anyone know the suspect name though?

Guest Noose bwahaha
15 minutes ago, nogun said:

Dun trust totally what u read on news paper, lots of vital information  are usually censor to present views  in  favor of certain agenda ,too many suspicious loophole in the news reporting,

Agreed. Local news especially cos you know, *self censored* *bleep*. The entire piece of news reporting is so sketchy, an entire elephant can fall right through it!

precisely, local media cannot be trusted especially those paper that publish in the afternoon or evening, their main duty is not to report facts but rather manipulate them to make readers go "wow".....as long as nothing physical happen, I don't think the govt can do much, "清官难断家务事"

Guest Perplexed

Just one bui kia. Just punch him, scare him away. How on earth ended up killing him? Gay stalker? What kind of agenda the chinese paper has? 

I know this guy. Same church as me. Serving mostly morning church services. I've bumped into him multiple times, in and around Yishun, especially the Yishun Northpoint toilets.

I really don't want to speculate anything else but I have my personal encounters and was constantly harassed and stalked by him on several occasions.

This piece of news is a great wake-up call to me. I don't understand why someone would go to the extent of murdering him. As much as I am intimidated by his behaviour and actions, his death was uncalled for. He didn't deserve it. 

Edited by PerfectXayne

Guest Brooksian05

I was shocked when I saw his familiar face on the news. Still shocked though.

Then I recalled we went to the same secondary school in Yishun.

I personally do not know him and neither was he a popular kid in school.

I remember he was a low-profile, quiet and a geeky-looking kid. Shawn was actually quite good looking eurasian.

No matter what he was, despite his choice of sexuality (that, we cannot assume) or state of mental illness (if any), he did not deserve to die.

Who are we to judge??

Deepest condolences to victim's family. May the Lord grant them strength and peace to accept this tragic loss. I hope justice will be done soon.

Shawn Rodrigues, a former brooksian and a Catholic son, died too soon.

May you rest in peace. 

On 27 May 2016 at 0:35 AM, Guest Shower said:

You all never see people shower beforemeh? Weekends go down to SDBA u will see many hot and hunky guys shower naked, more exciting.

shhh you are supposed to keep it secret

Edited by darrenpanfried

Guest Drag on boat
2 hours ago, darrenpanfried said:

shhh you are supposed to keep it secret

Cannot go in lah so obvious when you are not a paddler. Need to join team first with secret agenda!

Guest Boater
1 hour ago, Guest Drag on boat said:

Cannot go in lah so obvious when you are not a paddler. Need to join team first with secret agenda!

Pretend to be the toilet cleaner.

9 hours ago, Guest Drag on boat said:

i was but work caught up. there's always a way if one is determined. 

Guest Glenn Goei
1 hour ago, darrenpanfried said:

i was but work caught up. there's always a way if one is determined. 

Damage the facilities. Dress up as contractor to repair them? Pretend your are saving on utilities bill by showering there?! Imagine you dressed up as old uncle and while showering you keep mumbling to yourself water nowadays so expensive, have to save money for hospital bills. LOL!

55 minutes ago, Guest Glenn Goei said:

Damage the facilities. Dress up as contractor to repair them? Pretend your are saving on utilities bill by showering there?! Imagine you dressed up as old uncle and while showering you keep mumbling to yourself water nowadays so expensive, have to save money for hospital bills. LOL!

hahaha ok that's the perfect example of what not to become.

Guest guest

SINGAPORE - A renowned aesthetic doctor, who was convicted last month of molesting a male doctor and administering stupefying drugs on the 33-year-old patient to commit the offence, was sentenced to 42 months' jail on Thursday (July 28).

Tan Kok Leong, 50, was convicted after an 18-day trial of twice administering Dormicum and Rosiden on the Malaysian doctor in the course of a liposuction procedure at Oasia Hotel, Sinaran Drive, on July 5 and 6, 2013, and using criminal force to outrage his modesty on those two days.

Bail of $40,000 was allowed pending Tan's appeal against conviction and sentence.

The prosecution is appealing against his acquittal of a molestation charge at Life Source Medical Centre at Novena Medical Centre where Tan was a partner on June 6 that year. Life Source has since closed.

Tan, who has been in practice for more than 25 years, claimed in his defence that the acts were committed for clinical purposes. He also said the patient had given his consent for him to carry out the acts in question.

But in his brief oral grounds, District Judge Siva Shanmugam found that the defence of consent was not made out.

As for the outrage of modesty offences committed while the victim was sedated, the judge said an inference could be drawn that Tan had administered the stupefying drugs on July 5 and 6, 2013 to the victim with the intention of molesting him.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Alan Loh and Assistant Public Prosecutor Thiagesh Sukumaran had sought a deterrent sentence of at least five years and eight months to send a strong signal to medical professionals who might be planning to use sedation to commit offences.

DPP Loh argued that Tan had touched the victim's private parts multiple times over the course of two nights.

He said the doctor-patient relationship between the two induced the victim to have unbridled trust in Tan and to believe that the latter was administering Dormicum for pain relief.

He said Tan had abused his relationship with the victim for his own gratification.

More than 20 photographs were taken which were a "gross invasion of the victim's privacy", said DPP Loh. It was fortunate that Dr Gerald Tan, then Tan's partner at Life Source, discovered the photographs and immediately reported to the victim, who subsequently lodged a police report.

Judge Shanmugam agreed with the prosecution that there were numerous aggravating factors in this case. He said the offences were pre-meditated. The victim, who had regarded Tan as his mentor, was vulnerable and defenceless as a result of being sedated by Tan, he said.

He found that Tan had not shown any remorse and subjected the victim to a series of scandalous allegations. The victim had stated that he suffered financially and psychologically as a result of the incident.

Judge Shanmugam also said that Tan had abused the victim's faith by sedating him in a hotel room where the procedure was done without proper monitoring, or resuscitative equipment available, which was inappropriate and extremely dangerous.

Tan's lawyers Edmond Pereira and Vickie Tan said in their mitigation plea that Tan travelled frequently to several countries to conduct workshops, seminars and lectures before his conviction. He was active in charity work and had cooperated throughout the investigations and during trial proceedings.

The maximum punishment for outrage of modesty is two years' jail, a fine and caning. For administering stupefying drugs, the maximum is 10 years' jail and caning. Tan escapes caning as he is above 50.

Edited by G_M
Edit to remove ads and include URL links

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/cosmetic-doctor-gets-42-months-jail-for-molesting-male-patient-and-drugging

Cosmetic doctor gets 42 months' jail for molesting male patient and drugging him

SINGAPORE - A renowned aesthetic doctor, who was convicted last month of molesting a male doctor and administering stupefying drugs on the 33-year-old patient to commit the offence, was sentenced to 42 months' jail on Thursday (July 28).

Tan Kok Leong, 50, was convicted after an 18-day trial of twice administering Dormicum and Rosiden on the Malaysian doctor in the course of a liposuction procedure at Oasia Hotel, Sinaran Drive, on July 5 and 6, 2013, and using criminal force to outrage his modesty on those two days.

Bail of $40,000 was allowed pending Tan's appeal against conviction and sentence.

The prosecution is appealing against his acquittal of a molestation charge at Life Source Medical Centre at Novena Medical Centre where Tan was a partner on June 6 that year. Life Source has since closed.

Tan, who has been in practice for more than 25 years, claimed in his defence that the acts were committed for clinical purposes. He also said the patient had given his consent for him to carry out the acts in question.

But in his brief oral grounds, District Judge Siva Shanmugam found that the defence of consent was not made out.

As for the outrage of modesty offences committed while the victim was sedated, the judge said an inference could be drawn that Tan had administered the stupefying drugs on July 5 and 6, 2013 to the victim with the intention of molesting him.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Alan Loh and Assistant Public Prosecutor Thiagesh Sukumaran had sought a deterrent sentence of at least five years and eight months to send a strong signal to medical professionals who might be planning to use sedation to commit offences.

DPP Loh argued that Tan had touched the victim's private parts multiple times over the course of two nights.

He said the doctor-patient relationship between the two induced the victim to have unbridled trust in Tan and to believe that the latter was administering Dormicum for pain relief.

He said Tan had abused his relationship with the victim for his own gratification.

More than 20 photographs were taken which were a "gross invasion of the victim's privacy", said DPP Loh. It was fortunate that Dr Gerald Tan, then Tan's partner at Life Source, discovered the photographs and immediately reported to the victim, who subsequently lodged a police report.

Judge Shanmugam agreed with the prosecution that there were numerous aggravating factors in this case. He said the offences were pre-meditated. The victim, who had regarded Tan as his mentor, was vulnerable and defenceless as a result of being sedated by Tan, he said.

He found that Tan had not shown any remorse and subjected the victim to a series of scandalous allegations. The victim had stated that he suffered financially and psychologically as a result of the incident.

Judge Shanmugam also said that Tan had abused the victim's faith by sedating him in a hotel room where the procedure was done without proper monitoring, or resuscitative equipment available, which was inappropriate and extremely dangerous.

Tan's lawyers Edmond Pereira and Vickie Tan said in their mitigation plea that Tan travelled frequently to several countries to conduct workshops, seminars and lectures before his conviction. He was active in charity work and had cooperated throughout the investigations and during trial proceedings.

The maximum punishment for outrage of modesty is two years' jail, a fine and caning. For administering stupefying drugs, the maximum is 10 years' jail and caning. Tan escapes caning as he is above 50.

Guest Guest

This sedation of a patient resembles a kind of fantasy or role play for those Jap gay videos but this time it is for real.

Unfortunately, the patient was not a willing party, and the doc was stupid enough to leave tracks behind. Hmm..

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This sedation of a patient resembles a kind of fantasy or role play for those Jap gay videos but this time it is for real.

Unfortunately, the patient was not a willing party, and the doc was stupid enough to leave tracks behind. Hmm..

I am not a supporter of this older doctor. 

But it the story is really fishy. 

If if you follow the earlier news, this older Doctor actually has overnight stay over with the younger Doctor at the hotel he supposedly book for 'recovery' after liposuction. Seriously who will allow that?

They seems like so chummy, even to JB to eat and relax the next day. 

Strange ge enough this doctor's secret was 'discovered' by a colleague (I assume fellow doctor or nurse) who then informed the patient. The colleague claimed the older Doctor show the photos blatantly. If I am the older teekoo peh Doctor, I would have only look at the photos in my private time and not bring into office and show the whole world.

finally the patient Claim that he let the older Doctor take picture of his cock to study it for augmentation (increase the length). I find the whole story really strange and unbelievable.

Anyway the Lao tiko also deserve the sentence for over stepping his boundaries.

The victim must be charming for the dr to commit such misdeed.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

If I'm not wrong the patient doctor is not charming at all...just plain fat and meaty average looking  .Saw the picture in internet last year or so :P

• G_M changed the title to Man jailed 5 months for molesting male stranger in Causeway Point mall toilet
  • FunLoving changed the title to Singaporean taxi driver molest 14yo male passenger!!
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.