Male HQ

Singapore Local Gay News [LGBT Related News] (Compiled)

GuestWriter

Guest dienasaw

There is nothing wrong in discussing issues like this. How we do it is important, it shows one's EQ and IQ when we are faced with important decisions. The approach, objectivity and maturity counts, lets learn from each other.

You would be absolutely right, if the discussion stays on issues and does not stray from facts.

Unfortunately, what many of the earlier posts have done is to speculate, add details which were not even mentioned in the news reports and worse, gone on to ridicule the victims.

I am all for learning and for all of us to avoid getting ourselves into similar situations but let's start with kindness and respectfulness.

There is nothing wrong in discussing issues like this. How we do it is important, it shows one's EQ and IQ when we are faced with important decisions. The approach, objectivity and maturity counts, lets learn from each other.

the story is not clear yet from the police. still under investigation. it could be robbery follow by murder?unless some one knew them as gay couple.but foaming in mouth is confirm cardiac arrect.which involve drugs.such as fake virgra or mix with alcohol.

Some information to help you to further understand this case:

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory200909161520-91100.html

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_430587.html?vgnmr=1

Be very careful what you do in bed when having sex, the younger guy is still in Intensive Care in GH, he may never wake up,

if he does, how is he going to face the world?

I think the best way to face the world is to smile about it, already happened and you did that. Maybe can go hiding or low profile for a while to let people forget, we are all very busy people, unimportant things will be forgotten soon.

I read Lian He Wan Bao 2day. They reported that the younger one hands and legs were tied with red strings when found semi-conscious. This confirmed that the couple were playing SM. The younger one has woke up and the police has questioned him.

OMG i think he should dig a hole and hide in it. Even though they r damm horny, they should not be so violent on bed n end up having "cardiac arrest" during sex. If wan to have sex, play safe n dun use drugs cos they could be on drugs.

Some people never think of their actions when they r very horny. So think twice of having wild fun when u r horny. The Wan Bao say that the younger one is decent,tall and handsome. The older one is fit and manly and have been staying together for some time :whistle:

I just wonder how is he going to face people and answer questions. Sigh

I read Lian He Wan Bao 2day. They reported that the younger one hands and legs were tied with red strings when found semi-conscious. This confirmed that the couple were playing SM. The younger one has woke up and the police has questioned him.

OMG i think he should dig a hole and hide in it. Even though they r damm horny, they should not be so violent on bed n end up having "cardiac arrest" during sex. If wan to have sex, play safe n dun use drugs cos they could be on drugs.

Some people never think of their actions when they r very horny. So think twice of having wild fun when u r horny. The Wan Bao say that the younger one is decent,tall and handsome. The older one is fit and manly and have been staying together for some time :whistle:

Guest Guest_kpo

Erm... i think it put is he is tied at the hospital cos they scared he get all agitated if he found out his fren is dead, you might wan to read carefully ( all tied up except one of his hand which is hurt )

I wish people are more sensitive to other's feelings and learn to do some conscience filtering before making unfound nonsensical comments. One is dead and one is in critical conditions; the least to do is not say anything disrespectful but to just keep quiet if you have nothing really pleasant to say/write -- what goes around, really do comes around.

Guest funny guy

It is sad to read

1. 2 naked men dead/almost dead by police/etc etc

2. older guy having sex/molest/outrage of modesty with underage teens

3. gays get caught using illegal drugs

4. gays barebacking/contacting/spreading AIDs in saunas and public places

I know some of us loves to play SM/BDSM, i even know one of my friends fantatise doing it with an underage, i saw many ads on poppers on IRC or even looking for people to do raw (a masseur almost did that to me but as horny as I am, I am more afraid of STDs/HiV),,,,

so wonder if anyone you know do these risky actions and have you told them the risk?,,, as for a friend who fantatise doing it with young boy, I had him promise to call me whenever urge arises,anyway he is afraid of law and such and so far so good,,,,

It's funny how Singaporeans love sticking their noses in other people's affairs. I mean, to the extent of actually tracking down a person's parents and calling them up? Are they PIs, or nothing else better to do? Probably the latter.

Guest Lezard Cheung

just a question,,,,,,,, blowing wind i believe is quite frequented by the general gay population,,,,, and nobody knows any of them?

An acquaintance just died, and when i looked in here, up til the time of my posting, the majority of the posts in this thread consists of insensitive comments glaring at me thrown in by anonymous people. Judgmental bitchy statements splattered on this thread like rotten tomatoes by complete strangers. By whose standards do they judge the actions of others I wonder? By hiding behind an unknown identity, denouncing all responsibility of their comments, without any conscience they criticize someone who just died. Do they have a heart, I wonder.

Francis just died, I would like to wish him as a fellow human being.

"Rest in Peace."

If you see the chinese newspaper today, on the fourth page, a 24 year old final year university student in chemical engineering found guilty of molesting three 14 - 15 year old boys in the lift. He got 4 and half years jail and 5 strokes of rotan. His picture appeared on the chinese newspaper. If this guy want fun, why dun he just go to sauna and have fun? If his appeal failed, his future will be gone.

If you see the chinese newspaper today, on the fourth page, a 24 year old final year university student in chemical engineering found guilty of molesting three 14 - 15 year old boys in the lift. He got 4 and half years jail and 5 strokes of rotan. His picture appeared on the chinese newspaper. If this guy want fun, why dun he just go to sauna and have fun? If his appeal failed, his future will be gone.

The main issue is not so much of oral sex or intimacy with men but they have involved themselves with underage teens. I believe things are more complicated and they might be lured into the acts. The 51 yr old business man who has offered tat young chap a job at his shop but ended up having oral sex with him. I wondered who has made their first move but to prey on kids is a big No-No! :hat:

This final year NUS student has his market and charm, why should he tempted to commit the acts ? We wont know the real reason. If he is a paedophile, he should seek help. :ph34r:

Hi there guys,

I come from a big family and i know my family members are quite open to nearly anything. But i do know that as they are all parents too, they would be quite suspecious when their kid stays on the net too often and may even restrict them to time on the computer only on non school days and school be able to surf only school related websites. and especially when a child is still in primary school. As i have read about the 15yrs old boy who had been surfing gay sites since 9 yrs of age i find it interesting that the parents didnt even know hmmmmmm. I guest living in singapore most parent would be both working and not really spend quality time with their kids.

Secondly as the boy have been surfing for such a long time since the age of 9 yrs of age and now he is 15yrs, who is this mysterious person who suddenly wants to report what the boy has been doing and how did the person know he was surfing the net and even what website he had been surfing too.

And when is it that words only can discriminate a person and how come those few guys just admited to what they did so easily?

I am never encouraging anybody to have sex with a underage person and if you do, you are resposible for your own actions but as some of you have stated if you are so horny there are so many saunas in singapore that have days catered to young guys and for sure legal age guys too.

So the last thing i want to say is please use your top head and not your btm head

there is no law (at least not now) governing parents to monitor their kids internet activities.

Yes use your head (the thinking one) if he looked young, then better double confirm, ask him to show his IC if needed. The recent 2 cases (NUS undergrad and the businessmen) highlight that a few things

• Committing an obscene act with a young person under the Children and Young Persons Act. and the 17-year-old teen cannot be identified under a court order. Whereas the offender can have his pic, full name, job etc splashed on national paper.
  • Our national paper LOVES such news, nothing like a sex scandal to spice up readership
  • Even though the teen fully aware what's he was doing, he would be untouchable.
  • Do note that they are charged under Children and young person act, and not the Panel code 377A. In theory there is no difference from a 16yo girl looking for sugar daddies online.

Drugs and Under age are a big NO NO, regardless of your orientation.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Hi all,

For those who have miss the New Paper article, I have attached it below.

THE NEW PAPER

Thursday 17 September 2009

MAN FOUND NAKED DEAD IN RIVER VALLEY

She thought son was still asleep

Mum didn’t know of another naked man, unconscious under the bed.

Two men were found in the bedroom - one was dead and the other semi-conscious The dead man was found on a bed, lying face up; the other was underneath the bed, face down and semi-conscious.

Both were naked and foaming at the mouth.

The man who was semi-conscious had bruises and lacerations all over his face and body, but no weapon was found at the scene.

The shocking find was uncovered at a shophouse in River Valley Road on Tuesday afternoon.

The dead man was Mr Francis Wee Chin Wah, 44, owner of the shop, FourOneFour, which deals in art bags, ceramics and art vases.

The semi-conscious man, who's in his 30s, is yet to be identified. He was taken to the Singapore General Hospital, where he was admitted to the intensive care unit.

How the two men ended up there in such an unusual circumstance, and what was their relationship, if any, is still unknown.

A woman from a clan association next door to Mr Wee's shop, who wanted to be known only as Ms Wu, told The New Paper that Mr Wee's mother discovered her son's dead body on Tuesday.

According to Ms Wu, who is in her 30s, the mother had gone to her son's shop on Monday to look for him, but found him "asleep" on the bed.

She nudged him, but he did not wake -up. Not wanting to disturb him, she left.

The next afternoon, she went to the shop again and found him still "asleep".

Puzzled that her son was "sleeping" for so long, she nudged him again. That was when she realised that his body was already cold and that he was dead.

It is not known if she had found Mr Wee naked, or whether she had discovered the other man in the shophouse.

Ms Wu said Mr Wee's mother had rushed to the clan association and asked them to call for help, as her handphone was not working.

Yesterday morning, Mr Wee's mother, uncle and cousin claimed his body at the mortuary.

The aged woman looked frail and sobbed uncontrollably when she emerged from the morgue, burying her face in a tissue.

Her younger brother put his arm around her to support and comfort her.

Mr Wee's cousin, Mr Lawrence Oh, said that hisdeath has shocked the family, and his mother immediately broke down upon seeing her son's body in the morgue.

Mr Oh, 55, said that he looked at peace and had a smile on his face, which was his usual disposition.

He said Mr Wee had always been a cheerful, friendly and chatty person, though he said that they rarely meet each other, sometimes only once a year.

He last met Mr Wee, who is also his godbrother, during Chinese New Year this year.

He said that he did not know much about Mr Wee's life, and did not know whether he had a girlfriend. He added that he did not know who the semi-conscious man was.

Healthy

Mr Oh said: "He (Mr Wee) was always healthy - he goes to the gym quite often. Ile was also entrepreneurial."

Mr Wee has an elder sister who was expected to fly home from abroad last night.

When The New Paper visited Mr Wee's shophouse yesterday morning, a sign hung behind the glass door read: "We are asleep".

The modern-looking shophouse, with its brown walls and awning, stood out from the row of rundown houses and shops.

Brightly coloured artificial flowers lined the glass window display of the shop. Pots of plants lined the sides of the shop.

Parked nearby was a dusty orange Honda Integra, which Ms Wu said belonged to Mr Wee.

The New Paper spotted a middle-aged man, who said he was Mr Wee's "close friend from secondary school", sitting on the kerb opposite the shophouse.

Dressed in a long-sleeved white shirt and business pants, he stared blankly at his dead friend's shophouse, crying.

A woman arrived shortly after, and the two hugged each other while crying in the parking lot.

They declined to speak to reporters and left within minutes.

Ms Wu said that when Mr Wee's mother approached her on Tuesday, she did not mention that another man was with Mr Wee in the shophouse.

I found out from the newspapers that another man was found inside," she said.

She said that Mr Wee, who was well-built and of average height, was friendly, cheerful and kind. When they met, they often greeted each other and made small talk

He even invited her over to his shop last Christmas, when he had a small party.

Ms Wu said: "He has rented this shop for about five years. He once told me that most of his business is done online, and he hag other shops. "

Police investigations are ongoing. They have classified it as unnatural death.

looks like this businessman ng is still twittering like he hasn't a care in the world. pools and waterbeds indeed....

# My one day of fame has come and gone. Glad it is over. Hope people will forget as quickly as the time has past. Felt like a fish in a tank.1:24 AM Aug 28th from web

Famous for all the wrong reasons, but what the heck, I am still famous. Ces't la vie. Good night Singapore!

Edited by jase

Another evident to filed for "gay indecent act" to discriminate gay for the public...., *Sad*

Hope that the surviving guy could recover & manage all the tantrums that he has to face.

They dun want things to happen this way but too bad it happened, then have to move on.

Wish everything will be fine with the coma guy...

If it is going to be just a discussion and hoping to learn a lesson ot two from the unfortunate incident, it will be ok to talk about it.

But before we go further, ask ourselves this question:"how many of us can stay focus and be objective?"

i agree with davecub.. ,any of us tend to stay out of focus when discussing this. thus, i feel, if u respect the deceased, lets not talk abt it... if u want to learn abt it and not made the same mistake, start a new thread. Lets show some respect and concern for the parties involved

Guest By-stander

The couple did it in closed door, and they were just trying to add spice to their bedroom activities. It is plain unfortunate that things turned out this way. I thought we should be sympathetic, and to those who passed unpleasant remarks, it is very uncalled for and I think you should be more sensitive.

My condolences to the family of Francis and his partner. I think media is held responsible for over publicising this. Somehow, the daily juicy news reported continuously over the few days were done at the expense of painting negativity in homosexual relationship, directly or indirectly.

This can happen to anyone, any couple, married or not, homosexual or heterosexual.

An acquaintance just died, and when i looked in here, up til the time of my posting, the majority of the posts in this thread consists of insensitive comments glaring at me thrown in by anonymous people. Judgmental bitchy statements splattered on this thread like rotten tomatoes by complete strangers. By whose standards do they judge the actions of others I wonder? By hiding behind an unknown identity, denouncing all responsibility of their comments, without any conscience they criticize someone who just died. Do they have a heart, I wonder.

Francis just died, I would like to wish him as a fellow human being.

"Rest in Peace."

I agree entirely with the sentiment expressed here. Some of the earlier comments are unbelievably insensitive and mindless. These are two human beings, one of whom is now dead, that a few of the earlier contributors have been ridiculing with their silly comments. For God's sake..grow up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Full Article: http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/The%2BNew%2BPaper/Story/A1Story20091108-178562.html

Dim interiors, rooms for rent in this spa

Purpose of spa is for customers to meet, hook up and have sex. -TNP

Tue, Nov 10, 2009

The New Paper

WOODEN panels, minimalist furniture, high ceilings, soothing piped-in music, and just a hint of a subtle lemongrass fragrance.

It has all the pretensions of a spa.

But it's not just a soothing of the body that customers at these gay spas are paying for.

The purpose, although never explicitly stated, is to meet, hook up and have sex.

The New Paper on Sunday team visited one such spa in the downtown area recently.

At the reception counter, a good-looking, well-groomed male receptionist immediately makes you feel welcome.

First time here?

No problem, you can sign up for an instant membership.

At one spa, we paid less than $30 to be on this membership list.

You are then handed a set of plush white towels.

Whatever your build or height, you are encouraged to use the smaller ones - to better show off your physique.

Then it's off to the locker rooms to change.

As part of the service, lubricants have been conveniently placed in the lockers for use.

To make the message even clearer, postcard-sized advertisements are pasted on the locker doors showing room rental rates on the upper floor of the spa.

Beyond the lockers, the lights are turned down low, making it difficult to find your way around, especially if you are a first-timer.

The toilets have no doors, just curtains of retro-style plastic chains.

Members are seen walking up and down - cruising, in gay lingo - along the passageways.

Some make eye contact, some smile knowingly, some immediately strike up a conversation.

Some even walk around in the nude.

There is a gym on the premises where you can work out.

But ultimately, it seems the customers all want to head upstairs to the private rooms. In the 45 minutes we were at one spa, a steady stream of men were seen going upstairs.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

The New Paper has no more interesting story to write and now start writing gay story.

First, about poppers. Second about gay spa with rooms for sex. What next ? Fort road flyover, changi business park, delta swimming pool, cali gym or mineral water bottle ?

By publishing these stories? The New Paper is victimising all gays in Singapore. It is trying to tell the general straight public how sick we gay are. It is creating a bad name for gay people in Singapore. How sad for such a pathetic company showing discrimination and criminalizing gays ! Stop buying your copy of The New Paper. It's not worth that money paying to even read their sports section. The New Paper sucks !

The New Paper has no more interesting story to write and now start writing gay story.

First, about poppers. Second about gay spa with rooms for sex. What next ? Fort road flyover, changi business park, delta swimming pool, cali gym or mineral water bottle ?

By publishing these stories? The New Paper is victimising all gays in Singapore. It is trying to tell the general straight public how sick we gay are. It is creating a bad name for gay people in Singapore. How sad for such a pathetic company showing discrimination and criminalizing gays ! Stop buying your copy of The New Paper. It's not worth that money paying to even read their sports section. The New Paper sucks !

Mmm... Fort Road and mineral water bottles were already made 'popular' in the past (70s?) when the police raided and arrested the cruising gays at Fort Road. I think this was mentioned in Alfian Sa'at's play Asian Boys Volume 1...

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

I am more worried at why do they choose now to publish. With the APEC submit ongoing, the natural tendency of the our papers are to white-wash the country, very rare they would choose to air the "dirty laundry" when the whole world journalists are gathered here.

With the APEC submit there are bound to have plenty "bo-liao" topics to cover, eg what food they ate, what requirement etc. It is not as if there is nothing to write.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

TNP is really pathetic. This is not the first time people are reporting about AJ spas, so this is just recycled from the bin, yet readers have to pay to read these rubbish.

is gay spa owner prepare for raid anytime after all this news ?

From what The New Paper had described, I think the gay spa mentioned is "The Hxxtxr Rxxm" located at Chinatown opposite YangTze cinema. :clap:

sound like 17. as they mention gym and upstair .

Guest Usual Suspects

I suspect that the reporter is one of those trying to make a break in the newspaper industry. It's quite common of reporters to sometimes be very selfish and irresponsible just to ensure a story gets notice. While gay spas are nothing new to most of the world it actually makes him look quite silly and nieve to report about it only now when they have been around in Singapore for years now....like yesterdays news.

sound like 17. as they mention gym and upstair .

Although it sounds like 17. But 17 doesn't have rooms for rental. The only gay spa that has rooms for rental is The Heater Room. Heater Room has a gym too and it has wooden plank walkway that leads up to the upper floor playroom. Heater room has high ceiling same as 17. Minimalist decor is way out for 17 and heater room.

Pardon me of my ignorance, but whats with the "mineral water bottle"?

The New Paper wrote about men carrying mineral water bottle along east coast fort road area as an indicating symbol for gay men while they are cruising there. This article was published donkey years ago. That was the old fort road when it was covered with bushes. The present fort road is a construction site.

Edited by ixmog

Stale news! Remember few years back the kaypo chinese newspaper reported the internal activities in gay spa. Most of us expected to have raids but nothing happened. Now TNP recycled the descriptions of these activities. Wat are intentions of these reports ? To warn and intimidate the public ? To make known that there are such spa ? Or to highlight the erotic sexual activities among gays ? I believe most of the readers will simply read and forget, mind their business. Not many will bring this topic up during family dinner. Boh-lia!

Edited by thaiboyz

i think you all got it wrong... it's to advertise to our apec visitors who need to find safe haven to release their loads to know that there ARE such places available in sunny and squeaky clean singapore...

they cannot allow 17 or heater room or whatever to advertise, so they do it for them via articiles... i'm surprised they dun actually put up the address of such a spa so our apec guests who are PLU dun have to fumble around and look too conspicuous while trying to find the dang place...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I suspect that the reporter is one of those trying to make a break in the newspaper industry. It's quite common of reporters to sometimes be very selfish and irresponsible just to ensure a story gets notice. While gay spas are nothing new to most of the world it actually makes him look quite silly and nieve to report about it only now when they have been around in Singapore for years now....like yesterdays news.

Its not the reporter but the dumb editor. :yuk:

Only the editor can decide what goes into the print.

So, what do you guys think the editor is up to?

So, what do you guys think the editor is up to?

Maybe the editor is a matured married bicurious man, only got wind of such a sexual indulgent haven recently.

Reporter is a young cute looking guy, whom the editor has been salivating in private for months.

So he sent reporter to the sauna to recce, hoping to test him, and also hoping to obtain juicy stories from reporter....

maybe they are GAY Supporter? They want society to know that there is a group should not be neglect,

they are part of society & people should accept them? :swear: :lol:

Hey, what talking you? :swear:

Do you think it was "friendly" report?.....dim interiors/free lube/people seeking sex/cruising/etc..........what you think this suggest?

• G_M changed the title to Man jailed 5 months for molesting male stranger in Causeway Point mall toilet
  • FunLoving changed the title to Singaporean taxi driver molest 14yo male passenger!!
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.