Male HQ

Singapore Local Gay News [LGBT Related News] (Compiled)

GuestWriter

Guest Try and see

That's the problem with our local reporting. Whenever it is a guy-on-guy molest case, the reporting is very vague and ambiguous. So each time you read about it, it leaves behind so many unanswered questions.

If it's a guy-on-girl molest case, they always go into great detail. I've noticed that over the years.

Probably all the CNA, TNP and ST chief editors are horny straight guys.

Guest Try and see
17 hours ago, Guest Its truly asia said:

Goh is a malaysian, going back hometown for cny.....

Yah, confirm Goh is a jiu hu kia who likes to molest SG guys   :twisted:

Is this news even legit? I dont think a driver will anyhow molest anyone in the car knowing he is in Singapore and he know the law here, and some more join by other guy? instead the other guy report him? I dont think this thing is happening. Unless the victim just want to tell the world that he is hot and wanted (s0 maybe making a story?) hmmmm

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, fab said:

"A week earlier, on 10 August, Beng had also recorded a video of an unknown man who was using a second-floor toilet at Jurong Point at about 7.10pm. The video, taken from under the victim’s cubicle for about five seconds, contained a close-up of his penis."

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

16 minutes ago, Zackling said:

And u folks still wanna fight for removal of 377A penal code..??!! This is the exact shit that will give the govt yo suppress the LGBTQ.. More eyes on pink dot. 

So do you want all of us gays to become holy angels who will never commit any sins? You think by doing so, the government will remove 377A?? Get real lah! Crime happens, gay or not gay! Don't make it sound as if the straight population is so holy, and that's why sex is not criminalized between a man and a woman! Look at how some married men can go cheat on their wives resulting in their own divorces. You think that's not shitty? Go slap yourself in your face, OK? 

Not a local research but a worth to read. From this article I conclude that every self acclaimed righteous human being who oppose to 377A repel is potentially "murdering another human being".  

https://www.upworthy.com/legalizing-gay-marriage-has-caused-a-dramatic-drop-in-lgbt-suicide-rates

Edited by amuse.ed

• 4 weeks later...

Guest Lucy Wrong

He is 'slow'. He might not even be gay. Why the police also pussyfooting around this harassement case? Is it because he is catholic, "gay" and 'slow'?50 police reports over 2 years is a lot. Magistrate court, mp also no use. He should have asked lsl for help. Am sure he can ask his aunty Lucy the Wrong to do something.... Lol

Guest Case analysis

The crucial point remains: 

Even if you are harassed your don’t beat someone to death. 
Yes, you might be angry and agitated at times but need to keep in control. 

As good Christian people the accused should have supported the family of the victim to find proper assistance or mental help. I don’t think the victim wanted sexual activity with the ex school friend, he just had a mental crush on the guy. 

Just calling the police or shouting to the guy to get off didn’t seem to help.

Yes, his behaviour was annoying but it’s still no reason to bash him to death and that’s the bottom line. 

Guest Lucy Wrong
2 hours ago, Guest Case analysis said:

The crucial point remains: 

Even if you are harassed your don’t beat someone to death. 
Yes, you might be angry and agitated at times but need to keep in control. 

As good Christian people the accused should have supported the family of the victim to find proper assistance or mental help. I don’t think the victim wanted sexual activity with the ex school friend, he just had a mental crush on the guy. 

Just calling the police or shouting to the guy to get off didn’t seem to help.

Yes, his behaviour was annoying but it’s still no reason to bash him to death and that’s the bottom line. 

Christian homophobia could have added “

some oil to the fiery angst from obsessive same sex harassement.

Yes, i think the deceased could be just longing for a buddy who could accept his ‘slow’ condition. I have seen people with that condition. Many of them have poor emotional regulation and impulse control. But not all of them.

No matter if that guy is gay. Homophobia kills, literally.

Hello, 377A. Nice to have you around!

Guest Dancing Around A Long Pole

This might not be a popular opinion, but I do believe the defendants did not intend to kill the "slow" guy, just to beat him up enough that he would stop harrassing them. Unfortunately, when people react out of anger, unintended results follow. In this case, they accidentally killed him, and must now suffer the consequences.

I agree that homophobia is behind this, in a sense, because the younger defendant admitted he was angry some other people were calling him and the "slow" guy gay lovers. If there was no such thing as homophobia, nobody would have said that, and he wouldn't have pushed away from the "slow" guy and started hating him.

The biggest issue is where were the "slow" guy's parents (or guardians)? Were they ever made aware of his stalker-like behavior? Did they try to stop him? Did they try to get him professional help? Things should have never escalated to the point of him being accidentally beaten to death. Someone should've intervened earlier.

The deceased manifested behaviour similar to erotomania. 

Erotomania: When Love Is a Delusion

Does erotomania represent a variant of normal mating behavior gone awry?

Posted Apr 02, 2019

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not; Alan Labisch (2016)

Source: Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication

"Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." —Robert Frost

A patient of mine recently came to Los Angeles, because he’d been communicating through social media with a well-known Hollywood actress who told him that she was in love with him and that they should be together. Except that wasn’t really the case. Not only was the actress not in love with him, she didn’t even know who he was. The “communication” he’d had online consisted of finding hidden expressions of love within her social media posts that were in reality only general comments to fans, not anything romantic or specific to him. When he was confronted with that reality, he couldn't be convinced, and at best sometimes angrily questioned why, if that was true, she'd led him on. 

In psychiatry, the delusion that an individual firmly, but mistakenly believes that someone else is in love with them is called “erotomania.” Like my patient, the erotomanic individual often, though not always, believes that it’s a famous person who has fallen for them, despite the fact that they’ve had minimal or no real contact.

Based on the delusion of love and their own reciprocal romantic feelings, those with erotomania sometimes go to great lengths to pursue their love interests, resulting in numerous well-publicized cases of celebrity stalking through the years, some of which—as with the stalkers of Jodie Foster, David Letterman, and the late Latin pop singer Selena Quintanilla-Perez—have ended in violent tragedy.

Erotomania has been documented at least as far back as the ancient Greeks, with Hippocrates and Galen describing the phenomenon several thousand years ago. In 1921, a French psychiatrist published a paper detailing five cases such that erotomania became eponymously known as “De Clerambault’s syndrome” for many years. Today, erotomania is recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) as an example of delusional disorder, though it’s well known that erotomanic delusions can be found in other psychiatric conditions, like schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, as well.

And yet, despite the syndrome being well-characterized for millennia, it remains unclear why some people develop erotomania. Freud theorized that erotomanic delusions were a psychological defense against unacceptable homosexual feelings, while others have suggested they might be a defense against the disappointment of rejection and unrequited love or the reality of a lonely, non-existent love life.

With meaningful contact between the erotomanic individual and their love interest often lacking, the “evidence” to support the delusional connection is typically found in hidden meanings or gestures, just as it was with my patient. A documented case from a century ago described a woman with an erotomanic fixation for King George V who interpreted the movement of a window curtain as she waited outside Buckingham Palace as a signal that the king was making a public proclamation of his love for her.1 More recently, a case detailed a female student with erotomania who believed that seeing license plates from a particular state or the color purple supplied proof of her classmate’s love.

Another woman believed that a “natural healer” was in love with her, as evidenced by feeling “healing energy” from him on her legs and throat. Modern cases of erotomania have highlighted how hidden messages can be easily inferred through social media. Similar to my patient, a woman who spent several hours a day on Twitter believed that a famous actor was communicating with her through symbols in his tweets.Two recent case reports described men who used social media to contact or stalk the objects of their affection, amplifying an imagined connection between them that might not have existed without access to their targets via the internet.

These examples illustrate how when looking for specific evidence to support pre-existing beliefs, online sources of misinformation and misinterpreted information can sometimes fan the flames of conviction to delusional intensity—something I call “confirmation bias on steroids” (see my previous blog post “Psychology, Gullibility, and the Business of Fake News”). Female Patient Suffering from Erotomania (1843)

Some cases of erotomania have documented delusions that emerged after a stroke or a brain hemorrhage, in the setting of dementia, and along with neurocognitive deficits suggesting a link to dysfunction in the frontotemporal part of the brain.

Others have described co-occurrence with “misidentification syndromes,” like Capgras syndrome (in which sufferers have a delusion that people have been replaced by imposters) and Fregoli syndrome (in which individuals believe that a single person is taking on the appearance and identity of many others), which are thought to be rooted in problems with facial recognition and are often related to right hemisphere brain injuries.

The co-occurrence of erotomania with neuropsychological deficits raises the question of whether erotomania itself might be best understood as a kind of cognitive deficit, or even a misidentification syndrome. People with erotomania misidentify expressions of love where they don't exist, reading into the facial expressions, gestures, or online social interactions of others in a way that suggests cognitive impairments related to "theory of mind"—the ability to discern what other people are thinking or feeling.

Of course, trying to read people's minds and decipher whether someone is attracted to you or not is no easy task, even within our normal social and romantic lives. We’re frequently in the dark about whether someone we’re interested in “likes us back,” and we’re often not very good with our predictions. I recall a friend in college advising, “If you think someone’s interested in you, it's probably true.” But in reality, predictive errors in either direction—thinking someone’s interested when they’re not and thinking they’re not when they are—are all too common.

To make things more complicated, romantic feelings are often in flux, changing with time, social interactions, and life events. Sometimes our own attraction develops over time in response to another person’s sustained affection, and vice versa, so much so that it’s a well-tread Hollywood film trope that we all know well. In real life, however, there can be a fine line between the kind of dogged persistence that finally gets the girl or guy at the end of movies and unwanted stalking that can land a pursuer in jail.

article continues after advertisement

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not; John William Godward (1896) Source: Public domain

Recognizing these parallels between pathological erotomania and normal aspects of our search for love, some have hypothesized that erotomania might represent a variant of evolutionary mating strategy gone awry. Based on a review of 246 published cases of erotomania, one study found that erotomania was more likely to occur in women (70 percent of reported cases), with the “love object” typically being an older man of high social standing.

Erotomania occurring in men tended to occur earlier in life than for women, with love objects being younger and rated as having high sexual attractiveness. Men were also much more likely than women to report sexual jealousy related to the love object and to engage in harassment and other “forensically relevant” behavior. The study concluded that these findings mirrored similar patterns of normal male-female mating behavior, supporting the idea that erotomania might represent a kind of delusional extreme.

Trinity College Dublin psychiatrist and erotomania expert Brendan Kelly seems to embrace this continuum view within an evolutionary framework and has even posed the question of whether all love might be delusional on some level:

“…Is it possible that erotomania is a symptom of a deeper social problem, rooted in social conditions and power imbalances in societies? If so, is it not also possible and even likely that ‘erotomania’ is not a binary phenomenon (i.e., not just present or absent), but a more graded phenomenon, that can be present to greater or lesser extents, depending on the nature of the political, social, cultural, and personal contexts in which the individual finds himself or herself?

And, on this basis is it not eminently possible that there are elements of delusional, erotomanic love mixed with true love in certain romantic relationships more commonly than is imagined, complicating the picture considerably but also resulting in benefit for all?

For example, how many loving, loved, but mildly unsatisfied husbands or wives in quite good relationships convince themselves that (A) their spouse is more amazing that she or he really is; and (B) that this newly amazing spouse loves them more passionately than she or he really does? Perhaps such unconscious, erotomanic, delusional exaggerations of love are, from time to time, necessary and even wise, in order to bolster a reasonably good relationship, and so sustain it over time.

This, finally, brings us to the vexed issue of whether all romantic love is delusional to a certain extent. Is it possible or even probable that there is a delusional element to our understanding of romantic love and that this element is important in maintaining stable interindividual and social structures?”

In my very first Psych Unseen blog post, I quoted the protagonist of the movie Girl, Interrupted who says, “Crazy isn’t being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It’s you, or me . . . amplified.” Dr. Kelly seems to suggest that it’s not much of a stretch to suggest that erotomania might indeed be you or me, amplified.

As I was thinking about my patient recently, before I'd looked up Dr. Kelly's paper, I found myself wondering the same thing. At present, psychiatry still lumps a variety of human experiences into single diagnostic categories, like “schizophrenia,” or unitary symptoms, like “delusions” or “hallucinations.” But it’s increasingly recognized that there is significant diversity within such diagnostic labels, and that symptoms can vary along a continuum of severity, among other things. As I often tell my students, I hope that one day psychiatry will not simply throw “paranoia” and “erotomania” into the same black box of “delusions,” but will instead be able to identify them as distinct brain mechanisms representing cognitive processes, like threat and love detection, that aren’t functioning properly. 

To be clear, though, it would be a mistake to equate all love with delusion, just as it would be to conflate erotomanic delusions with true, reciprocal love. In a recent blog post, I covered the phenomenon of "positive illusions"—misbeliefs about ourselves (and sometimes our loved ones) that may be favored in evolution. But there’s nothing positive, healthy, or adaptive about erotomania. It may represent an extreme of an evolutionary continuum, but it’s one that typically results in considerable suffering for the person with the delusion, as well as the unfortunate targets of their obsession.

Fortunately for most of us, that's much less true of real love.

References

1. Segal JH. Erotomania revisited: From Kraepelin to DSM-III-R. American Journal of Psychiatry 1989; 146:1261-1266.

2. Jordan H, Lockert E, Johnson-Warren M, et al. Erotomania revisited: Thirty-four years later. Journal of the National Medical Association 2006; 98:787-793.

3. Kelly BD, Kennedy N, Shanley D. Delusion and desire: Erotomania revisited. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavia 2000; 102:74-76.

About the Author

Joseph M. Pierre, M.D., is a Health Sciences Clinical Professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and the Chief of the Hospital Psychiatry Division for the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center.

Psychology Today © 2020 Sussex Publishers, LLC

Edited by amuse.ed

2 minutes ago, amuse.ed said:

x factor what GIF

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Lucy Wrong

They should have institutionalised the deceased guy for a while, and get him some counselling, therapy or emotional support.

He would have been alive now if not for the police pussyfooting around religion, 377A, homophobia, ‘slow’ condition, etc.

Such serious and recurring harassement cases must receive swift, decisive action, not cast aside and wait, observe for shit to happen.

This must be considered as negligence by the authorities, period.

Guest Lucy Wrong

I bet you if 377A didn’t exist, this case would never have happened or at least they would have stopped the deceased guy from harassing the defendant somehow.

377A is a abominable hindrance to all forms of justice, period.

Guest Case analysis
On 2/20/2020 at 1:08 PM, Guest Lucy Wrong said:

Christian homophobia could have added “

some oil to the fiery angst from obsessive same sex harassement.

Yes, i think the deceased could be just longing for a buddy who could accept his ‘slow’ condition. I have seen people with that condition. Many of them have poor emotional regulation and impulse control. But not all of them.

No matter if that guy is gay. Homophobia kills, literally.

Hello, 377A. Nice to have you around!

No, I don't see any Christian homophobia. Don't forget there are people from all religions  who are homophobic. Even if 377A is abolished do you think homophobia will cease?  

I saw more the attackers being annoyed by the deceased's harassing and clingy behaviour but not so much his eventual homosexual tendency (which we don't even know). 

I see the fears of the younger attacker more that others could have associated him as gay (if he was around with the victim). That is a straight's reaction to potential homosexuality. 

Which straight person wants to be seen as a gay by others? 

But the trigger that caused the harsh reaction was most likely the never ending approaches by the victim. 

Guest Case analysis
13 hours ago, Guest Dancing Around A Long Pole said:

This might not be a popular opinion, but I do believe the defendants did not intend to kill the "slow" guy, just to beat him up enough that he would stop harrassing them. Unfortunately, when people react out of anger, unintended results follow. In this case, they accidentally killed him, and must now suffer the consequences.

I agree that homophobia is behind this, in a sense, because the younger defendant admitted he was angry some other people were calling him and the "slow" guy gay lovers. If there was no such thing as homophobia, nobody would have said that, and he wouldn't have pushed away from the "slow" guy and started hating him.

The biggest issue is where were the "slow" guy's parents (or guardians)? Were they ever made aware of his stalker-like behavior? Did they try to stop him? Did they try to get him professional help? Things should have never escalated to the point of him being accidentally beaten to death. Someone should've intervened earlier.

I concur on the last sentence. 

But after calling the police so many times, the parents/ guardians should have been aware what it going on. 

But I see ignorance from the police forces. 

It is this "that is not my job" attitude. After so many times of interference by the police and I m sure the record in the police data on the victim got longer and longer, why didn't they take some bit of initiative and just call up another authority or even have a 20 mins chat with the parents / guardians to see what they can do. It sometimes just needs a bit of effort or initiative to get the right ball rolling. But "I m not in charge"... I heard that sentence too often here... 

SPF prides itself on "crime prevention". 

I m sure the police officers in Singapore are not so overworked... (eventually from reading too many newspapers...). 

Take the phone or write an email what can be done, don't leave matters somehow unresolved. 

Please also note: Protection orders cannot be made against everyone. This is a "loophole" in the system. 

In certain cases protection orders are helpful against harassers and stalkers who are not relatives, husbands, wives, ex-wives etc etc. 

The scope of person who can request protection orders is too limited. 

I m actually surprised how limited the scope for Protection orders in Singapore is. 

Just take a gay who is stalked... 

Guest Lucy Wrong
3 hours ago, Guest Case analysis said:

No, I don't see any Christian homophobia. Don't forget there are people from all religions  who are homophobic. Even if 377A is abolished do you think homophobia will cease?  

I saw more the attackers being annoyed by the deceased's harassing and clingy behaviour but not so much his eventual homosexual tendency (which we don't even know). 

I see the fears of the younger attacker more that others could have associated him as gay (if he was around with the victim). That is a straight's reaction to potential homosexuality. 

Which straight person wants to be seen as a gay by others? 

But the trigger that caused the harsh reaction was most likely the never ending approaches by the victim. 

YOUR OWN 3rd paragraph explained the homophobia I was refering to here pretty well. 

Guest Lachrymosed Yourself
On 2/20/2020 at 8:00 PM, amuse.ed said:

Erotomania: When Love Is a Delusion

Does erotomania represent a variant of normal mating behavior gone awry?

Posted Apr 02, 2019

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not; Alan Labisch (2016)

Source: Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication

"Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." —Robert Frost

A patient of mine recently came to Los Angeles, because he’d been communicating through social media with a well-known Hollywood actress who told him that she was in love with him and that they should be together. Except that wasn’t really the case. Not only was the actress not in love with him, she didn’t even know who he was. The “communication” he’d had online consisted of finding hidden expressions of love within her social media posts that were in reality only general comments to fans, not anything romantic or specific to him. When he was confronted with that reality, he couldn't be convinced, and at best sometimes angrily questioned why, if that was true, she'd led him on. 

In psychiatry, the delusion that an individual firmly, but mistakenly believes that someone else is in love with them is called “erotomania.” Like my patient, the erotomanic individual often, though not always, believes that it’s a famous person who has fallen for them, despite the fact that they’ve had minimal or no real contact.

Based on the delusion of love and their own reciprocal romantic feelings, those with erotomania sometimes go to great lengths to pursue their love interests, resulting in numerous well-publicized cases of celebrity stalking through the years, some of which—as with the stalkers of Jodie Foster, David Letterman, and the late Latin pop singer Selena Quintanilla-Perez—have ended in violent tragedy.

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE HERE

I know you're JC age from reading your posts in the Members Lounge, so you might not realize this, but it's frowned upon to paste entire articles from other websites. A lot of people have also been doing that with coronavirus articles when they shouldn't be. Proper form is to paste part of the article (maybe up to three paragraphs) and then add a link for people to follow to the original source. The paragraphs can also come from different parts of the article rather than just the beginning. No big deal. Just letting you know.

I also agree with those people who posted that the parents or guardians should have gotten involved, as well as the idea that the police could have put some extra effort into the case after being repeatedly called about the guy's stalking, since the parents or guardians clearly could not put a stop to it. A concerned police officer could have easily looked up a couple of services that could have possibly helped the guy, gave the information to the family, and followed up to be sure the guy was going to counseling or whatever.

Guest Guessing game

I object. his mind may be left at JC level, but someone who had psychological lapses should be older . I think he’s between 28 to 35y...

That erotomania issue was to explain the younger’s reaction to the stalker. His fear of having his masculinity challenged. 
what he didn’t realise was, the fact for only him seeing the episode/ happenings as “gay” behaviour but the outer world probably not interpreting too much into it...

16 hours ago, Guest Lachrymosed Yourself said:

I know you're JC age from reading your posts in the Members Lounge, so you might not realize this, but it's frowned upon to paste entire articles from other websites. A lot of people have also been doing that with coronavirus articles when they shouldn't be. Proper form is to paste part of the article (maybe up to three paragraphs) and then add a link for people to follow to the original source. The paragraphs can also come from different parts of the article rather than just the beginning. No big deal. Just letting you know.

I also agree with those people who posted that the parents or guardians should have gotten involved, as well as the idea that the police could have put some extra effort into the case after being repeatedly called about the guy's stalking, since the parents or guardians clearly could not put a stop to it. A concerned police officer could have easily looked up a couple of services that could have possibly helped the guy, gave the information to the family, and followed up to be sure the guy was going to counseling or whatever.

That's an awesome advise. Thanks for imparting the etiquette, will definitely bear this in mind. 

14 hours ago, Guest Guessing game said:

I object. his mind may be left at JC level, but someone who had psychological lapses should be older . I think he’s between 28 to 35y...

That erotomania issue was to explain the younger’s reaction to the stalker. His fear of having his masculinity challenged. 
what he didn’t realise was, the fact for only him seeing the episode/ happenings as “gay” behaviour but the outer world probably not interpreting too much into it...

Erotomania was "first brought up to me by one of seniors at workplace". I found this form of behaviour interesting as I am into psychology stuff and was vulnerable then due to an unpleasant episode that could potentially exposed me to that mode. Thankfully I managed to regulate myself back then. But again, hope that such cases could be picked up by the front line professionals asap to avoid tragedy from happening. Its sad to see one's life to end prematurely in such manner. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest News Reader

Yet another news article to remind fellow BW members and guests to differentiate between the fictitious sexual fantasies encounters posted in the forum vs the cold hard reality out there and consequences if they decided to think with their dicks instead of their logical brain.

Jail, caning for tour coordinator who performed non-consensual sexual act on sleeping man

yccourts1807.jpg?itok=BgvESX1L&timestamp

PUBLISHED
2 HOURS AGO
Court Correspondent

SINGAPORE - Aroused by the sight of his sleeping roommate, a male tour coordinator crept towards the man and performed a non-consensual sexual act on him.

The two Thai men were sharing a room at the Hotel Grand Central in Cavenagh Road when the incident occurred on March 27 last year.

The offender, Chalermnarong Namsri, 46, was sentenced on Tuesday (March 3) to 5½ years' jail with three strokes of the cane after pleading guilty to one count of performing a sexual act on the man without his consent.

The 24-year-old victim cannot be named due to a gag order to protect his identity.

He arrived in Singapore in March last year for a three-day sponsored trip with other participants to learn about business-related matters here.

Namsri, who also went along with the group, was tasked to liaise with tour guides for the participants.

The court heard that the two men did not know each other before the trip.

However, one of the tour guides later assigned them to the same room at Hotel Grand Central, where they occupied separate beds.

The younger man was sleeping at around 5am on March 27 last year when Namsri crept towards his victim and performed oral sex on him without his consent.

After a few minutes, the younger man stirred and pulled up his shorts.

Namsri was going back to his own bed when the man spotted him.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Grace Teo said: "The victim was shocked. He decided to take a shower to think about what to do.

"After his shower, the victim asked the accused how long he had been 'doing that' to him. The accused apologised."

The younger man left the room and met his cousin, who was also in Singapore at the time.

He told his cousin about what happened and they called the Thai embassy for advice.

The victim lodged a police report later that day.

On Tuesday, DPP Teo told District Judge Chay Yuen Fatt that Namsri had exposed the victim to the risk of sexually transmitted diseases by performing unprotected oral sex on him.

Urging the judge to sentence Namsri to at least six years' jail with three strokes of the cane, she added: "The accused took advantage of a situation where the victim was asleep and hence incapable of fending off the accused's assault."

For performing the non-consensual sexual act on his victim, Namsri could have been jailed for up to 20 years and fined or caned.

Guest Guest

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tour-organiser-who-sexually-assaulted-sleeping-man-hotel-room-caning-5-years-jail

In TODAY report Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Grace Teo told the court: “At this point, the victim reached under his blanket and grasped the accused’s hand. Thinking it was a dream, the victim let go.” 

Seriously,  how will u guys react when someone touch your private part when u r sleeping? Will u be thinking it was a dream? 

Guest News Reader
5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/tour-organiser-who-sexually-assaulted-sleeping-man-hotel-room-caning-5-years-jail

In TODAY report Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Grace Teo told the court: “At this point, the victim reached under his blanket and grasped the accused’s hand. Thinking it was a dream, the victim let go.” 

Seriously,  how will u guys react when someone touch your private part when u r sleeping? Will u be thinking it was a dream? 

It's possible I think cos one might be in a daze while half asleep. Anyway it doesn't matter, the judge is siding with the victim as seen from the Todayonline news. And the sentence is very harsh! Imagine 5.5 years jail and caning just for few minutes of pleasure, really not worth the crime. Be it whether the victim really  consented or not, the court here stands with the victims (remember the indian landlord and his Chinese tenant incident), so fellow BW members and guests please think multiple times before you decide to do anything stupid. Most of the sexual encounters posted here are fake, good enough for entertainment reading and that's just it. Don't be misled to think the other party is consenting or enjoying the fun. The cold sad truth is that majority of Singaporean males are still homophobic.

Guest Depends
26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Will u be thinking it was a dream? 

I’m gay and if he’s gay and my type. It is a dream comes true. 

On the other hand, I’m pure straight and he’s gay. It is a nightmare.

10 minutes ago, Guest Depends said:

I’m gay and if he’s gay and my type. It is a dream comes true. 

On the other hand, I’m pure straight and he’s gay. It is a nightmare.

If he is gay n your type.Then you must be his type also in order to make the dream come true.

Guest straights
On 3/3/2020 at 8:41 PM, Guest News Reader said:

so fellow BW members and guests please think multiple times before you decide to do anything stupid. Most of the sexual encounters posted here are fake, good enough for entertainment reading and that's just it. Don't be misled to think the other party is consenting or enjoying the fun. The cold sad truth is that majority of Singaporean males are still homophobic.

I wouldn't go so far to say the majority of Singaporean males are homophobic, but they are simply straight. 

Keep your hands off from straight guys.

Any 1 who's not mutual, leave him alone.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
On 3/3/2020 at 8:03 PM, Guest News Reader said:

Yet another news article to remind fellow BW members and guests to differentiate between the fictitious sexual fantasies encounters posted in the forum vs the cold hard reality out there and consequences if they decided to think with their dicks instead of their logical brain.

Jail, caning for tour coordinator who performed non-consensual sexual act on sleeping man

yccourts1807.jpg?itok=BgvESX1L&timestamp

PUBLISHED
2 HOURS AGO
Court Correspondent

SINGAPORE - Aroused by the sight of his sleeping roommate, a male tour coordinator crept towards the man and performed a non-consensual sexual act on him.

The two Thai men were sharing a room at the Hotel Grand Central in Cavenagh Road when the incident occurred on March 27 last year.

The offender, Chalermnarong Namsri, 46, was sentenced on Tuesday (March 3) to 5½ years' jail with three strokes of the cane after pleading guilty to one count of performing a sexual act on the man without his consent.

The 24-year-old victim cannot be named due to a gag order to protect his identity.

He arrived in Singapore in March last year for a three-day sponsored trip with other participants to learn about business-related matters here.

Namsri, who also went along with the group, was tasked to liaise with tour guides for the participants.

The court heard that the two men did not know each other before the trip.

However, one of the tour guides later assigned them to the same room at Hotel Grand Central, where they occupied separate beds.

The younger man was sleeping at around 5am on March 27 last year when Namsri crept towards his victim and performed oral sex on him without his consent.

After a few minutes, the younger man stirred and pulled up his shorts.

Namsri was going back to his own bed when the man spotted him.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Grace Teo said: "The victim was shocked. He decided to take a shower to think about what to do.

"After his shower, the victim asked the accused how long he had been 'doing that' to him. The accused apologised."

The younger man left the room and met his cousin, who was also in Singapore at the time.

He told his cousin about what happened and they called the Thai embassy for advice.

The victim lodged a police report later that day.

On Tuesday, DPP Teo told District Judge Chay Yuen Fatt that Namsri had exposed the victim to the risk of sexually transmitted diseases by performing unprotected oral sex on him.

Urging the judge to sentence Namsri to at least six years' jail with three strokes of the cane, she added: "The accused took advantage of a situation where the victim was asleep and hence incapable of fending off the accused's assault."

For performing the non-consensual sexual act on his victim, Namsri could have been jailed for up to 20 years and fined or caned.

Poor namsri. Why did the MSM always have to publish his full name! I am so angry with Straights Times right now! What has ST  against the LGBTQIA+ community? Why must hotel even named? They cam just report the news without his full name! They include his nationality as well! What will happen to his family? I cannot imagine the grief Namsri's family will suffer! If ST did not name his full name, his family can just say he go overseas work! Now everyone will know namsri is in jail! 

I created the following hashtag for it to go viral so thay namsri will be strong in these few years and his family will know they are in our thoughts and prayers.

#IStandWithNamsri #BeStrongNamsri #BeBraveNamsri #NoFearNamsri #BelieveInNamsri #PrayForNamsri #YouTheBestNamsri #WeSupportYouNamsri #YouAreLovedNamsri

Guest straights
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Poor namsri. Why did the MSM always have to publish his full name! I am so angry with Straights Times right now! What has ST  against the LGBTQIA+ community? Why must hotel even named? They cam just report the news without his full name! They include his nationality as well! What will happen to his family? I cannot imagine the grief Namsri's family will suffer! If ST did not name his full name, his family can just say he go overseas work! Now everyone will know namsri is in jail! 

I created the following hashtag for it to go viral so thay namsri will be strong in these few years and his family will know they are in our 

thoughts and prayers.

This policy to name the culprit shall serve as deterrence to others to commit crimes. It was implemented by LKY.

It's like public shaming. It is one of his ideas to keep the crime rate low. 

Aren't we all making those jokes: better don't do otherwise your name and picture will be on the front page...

In Western societies publishing the name is seen as counter productive against resocialisation and to integrate the person back to society. 

Eventually, you noted recently there are more and more gag orders to name the culprit, but in order to protect the victim (and not the charged). 

Guest Sggay
1 hour ago, Fridays said:

but both are not PR nor local resident ?

yah lor is it cos happen in SG so he must be subjected to SG law? V poor thing.

if happen elsewhere maybe he will be let go of a fine or just warning?

2 hours ago, Guest Sggay said:

yah lor is it cos happen in SG so he must be subjected to SG law? V poor thing.

if happen elsewhere maybe he will be let go of a fine or just warning?

He should quickly fly back to bkk and nothing will happen.... Also he is very honest,  what if he just deny it, is his word  against him.

Guest poorthing
2 hours ago, And then said:

Stupid laws. The crime does not justify the harshness of the sentence. Doesn't it even just comes down to one person's word against another? The whole legal fraternity should hang their heads in shame. 

i think its also heng suay, depending on the judge for ur case.

he might have gotten a strict and maybe homophobic and less forgiving (male) judge.

• G_M changed the title to Man jailed 5 months for molesting male stranger in Causeway Point mall toilet
  • FunLoving changed the title to Singaporean taxi driver molest 14yo male passenger!!
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.