Male HQ

Hong Kong - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

oralb

Yea, I found a hostel initially but it was fully booked just as I was about to make the transaction :/

You can still get rooms in small hotels/hostels for the night of the 31st for about $80-$130 (Yuen Long, Causeway Bay, North Point, TST).

Club 88, Chung Kiu Inn, YesInn @Fortress Hill, Kamal Traveller Hostel, Marlboro Hostel

You can still get rooms in small hotels/hostels for the night of the 31st for about $80-$130 (Yuen Long, Causeway Bay, North Point, TST).

Club 88, Chung Kiu Inn, YesInn @Fortress Hill, Kamal Traveller Hostel, Marlboro Hostel

Thanks! But I was looking for HK island only and near Sheung Wan/Central area. Trivago, Airbnb and Agoda tell me there's none left. Oh well, serves me right for leaving things to the last min!

Thanks! But I was looking for HK island only and near Sheung Wan/Central area. Trivago, Airbnb and Agoda tell me there's none left. Oh well, serves me right for leaving things to the last min!

CWB is in Hong Kong lah :)

Yeah it's a bit late to try to get something affordable... HKG is already is expensive on normal times but for NYE..... keep looking, sometimes there are last minutes offers.

Check www.hotelscombined.com for rooms, it groups all the main search engines.

I'm going HK next week to celebrate new year there. This will be my first time celebrating new year there.

Anybody can suggest me what to do for the new year/eve and some good massage recommendation, too?

Thanks so much.

There's new year's eve count down in some areas.  But pretty crowded though.

Guest house is the cheapest for that period of time, unless you are willing to share with a a stranger, then maybe can find a better one within your budget..

i need hotels on the 30th Dec-2nd Jan and its so hard to find one thats reasonably priced.

I m dead :/

i m lucky to find one at a good location. PHEW... CASA Hotel. Reasonably priced and its not a bad hotel afterall. 

Thanks for the help guys. Now i am going to explore the saunas here ;)

Any recommendations to make?

i m lucky to find one at a good location. PHEW... CASA Hotel. Reasonably priced and its not a bad hotel afterall. 

Thanks for the help guys. Now i am going to explore the saunas here ;)

Any recommendations to make?

Hutong still the best if they are let you in. 

If not Alexander or Club Houzz. or Big Top.

Yeah Hutong's the best, esp if you're not into Caucasians. I don't think they're THAT strict with the entry criteria. They've drawn quite a bit of flak because of this, but I don't see the issue here. It's not as though they are unnecessarily strict with who they allow in anyway.

Guest Indecisive

Hey Guys,

I am flying by Scoot.

As the flight is 7 am, I am thinking of staying overnight at the airport while waiting for my flight to save cost.

Anyone have similar experiences before?

Do you keep your luggage with you?

Can share where is a cosy corner to sleep?

Yeah Hutong's the best, esp if you're not into Caucasians. I don't think they're THAT strict with the entry criteria. They've drawn quite a bit of flak because of this, but I don't see the issue here. It's not as though they are unnecessarily strict with who they allow in anyway.

:) that's not what I heard. So far I m always lucky but not few of my Caucasian/Indian/other fellows; sometime they are able to get in sometime not; depends who is on duty that day but yeah what I heard so far is the policy still strict especially on the weekend. I think the owner doesn't need money that bad haha .. 

Hey Guys,

I am flying by Scoot.

As the flight is 7 am, I am thinking of staying overnight at the airport while waiting for my flight to save cost.

I m not sure about this "Indecisive"; I mean you can only check in 3-4 hours before your flight hence you can not enter secured area in the airport (plenty cozy place to sleep once you are inside). So the answer of your question is there is no cozy place to sleep in the waiting area/departure lobby because its always busy and yes your luggage must be with you all the time until the check in counter is open. 

I really hate Singapore Changi for not having 24 hours bus service to/from the airport. Unlike Hong Kong where the night bus will run after midnight.

:) that's not what I heard. So far I m always lucky but not few of my Caucasian/Indian/other fellows; sometime they are able to get in sometime not; depends who is on duty that day but yeah what I heard so far is the policy still strict especially on the weekend. I think the owner doesn't need money that bad haha .. 

I m not sure about this "Indecisive"; I mean you can only check in 3-4 hours before your flight hence you can not enter secured area in the airport (plenty cozy place to sleep once you are inside). So the answer of your question is there is no cozy place to sleep in the waiting area/departure lobby because its always busy and yes your luggage must be with you all the time until the check in counter is open. 

I really hate Singapore Changi for not having 24 hours bus service to/from the airport. Unlike Hong Kong where the night bus will run after midnight.

Lol that's why I was saying it's good if you're not into Caucasians. They tend to be more strict with the non-Chinese.

The 7am flight is from HKG to SIN.... so nothing to do with the 24h bus service?

Anyway, HKG has the most convenient airport and check-in service EVER but unfortunately, not for budget airlines.

But as an FYI for others, you can check-in your bags up to 24H in advance at the HK or Kowloon Airport Express stations.

Other airlines only offer 90min before departure but CX, AI, NZ, SQ (except SQ002), CI, KA, SA and TG all offer check-ins 24H in advance. Leave your bag there, get your boarding pass and head to the airport and find a quiet place to sleep. Don't forget an alarm clock... and a blanket. Or as suggested, use a paid lounge.

More info on in-town check-ins here: http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/getting_around/images/itci.pdf

The 7am flight is from HKG to SIN.... so nothing to do with the 24h bus service?

Anyway, HKG has the most convenient airport and check-in service EVER but unfortunately, not for budget airlines.

But as an FYI for others, you can check-in your bags up to 24H in advance at the HK or Kowloon Airport Express stations.

Other airlines only offer 90min before departure but CX, AI, NZ, SQ (except SQ002), CI, KA, SA and TG all offer check-ins 24H in advance. Leave your bag there, get your boarding pass and head to the airport and find a quiet place to sleep. Don't forget an alarm clock... and a blanket. Or as suggested, use a paid lounge.

More info on in-town check-ins here: http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/getting_around/images/itci.pdf

I think Jetstar does have in-town check-in facilities. I kind of recall walking past it at the HK station. Not sure about Kowloon side though.

Hey Guys,

I am flying by Scoot.

U mean sg airport or hk airport?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

I think Jetstar does have in-town check-in facilities. I kind of recall walking past it at the HK station. Not sure about Kowloon side though.

Yes, in-town check-in is available for Jetstar as well. Saw the counter for Jetstar the last time round I was at one of the airport express station.

• 2 weeks later...

They don't display pictures of masseurs. I tired Daniel who is good in massaging skills and has gym fit bodies n is reasonably good looking. Guys, if u have high expectation on b2b, perhaps you call on the spa reserving the masseur n telling your expectation. I know Daniel can offer b2b but I didn't try others n cannot provide broad based advice. Mind u, he has quite a powerful tool. Tipping of 300 is within his expectation for b2b n HJ (yes, these are extra services form this spa). Have fun!

Thanks for the information, Hongkonger. I'm going to Hong Kong next week and decided to book an oil massage with Daniel. But Eden Spa said he will be on holiday next week. Have you tried B2B with any other masseurs?

Has anyone else had B2B massage at Eden Spa? Eden Spa said they don't offer B2B - they are supposed to be a professional massage place - so I can't ask them to suggest a different masseur.

Harlo guys, I'm heading to HK from 6 - 10 Mar.

I read through this thread and I'm interested to try a massage and go to a bar.

Two questions:

1. between Eden, Shanghai Onsen and Sen Spa, which will you recommend?

2. Anybody went to T:ME bar before? I haven't been to many pubs/bars so... just wondering what happens there haha.

• 3 weeks later...

For those sauna that open 24 hrs, do we need to pay extra to stay overnight?

For those sauna that open 24 hrs, do we need to pay extra to stay overnight?

I have this information for you:

Alexandra-12 hrs HKD150

Rainbow-10 hrs-HKD 98

HKD10 for every additional hour...

My favourite:

Alexandra at Mongkok (behind the Langham Place where H & M is the anchor store.

It has a hydro pool, a very happening steam room and a hot sauna.

The crowd are mainly Asians between 20 to 40...

Most are not see-and-cannot-touch.. in fact, most are aggressive...nice place to relax and more..

Not only the hotel rates but the multitudes of uncouth-ed mainlanders...

I was in Mongkok area and I must have encountered hundreds of them (easy to identify them because they always have luggage, they moved in groups, they talk LOUDLY) crossing the intersections.  In fact, there were so many of them that HK looks more like a mainland city rather than a former British colony.  The mom-and-pop shops are disappearing at alarm rate ..

In this trip, I counted 4 六福珠宝 shops in a short 100m walk.  What has happened to HK?  Are the mainlanders really that filthy rich to swipe all the gold in HK?  Of course, the Chinese Yuan is stronger and makes the prices in HK look cheap... 

What do you want to do? China is THE growing, booming tourist source, not just for HKG but for the entire world. Nouveaux riches, ease of visa, etc... everything in the past few years made traveling easier for Mainlanders. It's inevitable. You just need to avoid all those shopping belts, especially Mongkok and Causeway Bay. I always stay on HK side. You feel a bit less in China :)

Soon you will see more and more Indian tourists every where. Imagine, these two countries together have billions and billions of inhabitants. It's not a surprise that these two "emerging" markets will soon "take over the world" (the tourist way I mean).

Just get used to it and live with it. You can't expect them to go from nothing to everything in just a couple of years. They still lack what we would call travel etiquette when they are abroad but this is because they lack the "training", the education for that. By education I don't mean going to school or whatever. You don't learn these at school. Well traveled people will know how to behave, how to respect local customs etc.... These are things you need to learn by traveling more and more or by being exposed to such behaviors.

Back then it was the Japanese tourists that you saw all over the world. And believe me, they are no easy customers. I worked for hotels before and we dreaded those tour bus arrivals full of Japanese :) They are nice people but they start complaining, you don't want to be standing at the front desk haha.

Every country more or less went through this. The reason why you notice these more is just because of their shear numbers. China and India are just huge.

So just enjoy your trip, don't let these things ruin your stay :) I still get annoyed but then.... as long as they are not annoying me directly, who cares?...

Edited by Enelym1978

I think the most amusing is seeing the mainlanders with their luggages at harbour city. Yeah Mongkok is filled with them but CWB still isn't too bad I think (other than Times Square). I used to like TST as it's the best place to do one-stop shopping and leave time for other stuff, but now I'd rather remain in CWB.

The Cosmo and Cosmopolitan at Wanchai should still have pretty good 2-week advance deals as long as it isn't a convention weekend I guess. Or some of those at Tin Hau like the Empire?

Not only the hotel rates but the multitudes of uncouth-ed mainlanders...

I was in Mongkok area and I must have encountered hundreds of them (easy to identify them because they always have luggage, they moved in groups, they talk LOUDLY) crossing the intersections. In fact, there were so many of them that HK looks more like a mainland city rather than a former British colony. The mom-and-pop shops are disappearing at alarm rate ..

In this trip, I counted 4 六福珠宝 shops in a short 100m walk. What has happened to HK? Are the mainlanders really that filthy rich to swipe all the gold in HK? Of course, the Chinese Yuan is stronger and makes the prices in HK look cheap...

So annoying when a potato queen like yourself slam and bad mouth " uncouth (Ed?) mainlanders ... Why not go Europe la or USA or any white country ..leh ... Why ? Not ...Tak laku is sit ?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.