Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

Hi..

My right elbow joint muscle area hurts after doing bent over rows and bicep dumbbells side curls ..

If I entend my right arm bend my wrist downwards can feel the strain and pain around the elbow area .

I don't take bcaa amino drinks ..just protein shakes .

Please advice what to do ? Rest how long ? Can I do bench press etc ..

When I do pulling down exercise for arms  and bench presses or triceps ez bar bell it doesn't hurt .

Thank you !

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi..

My right elbow joint muscle area hurts after doing bent over rows and bicep dumbbells side curls ..

If I entend my right arm bend my wrist downwards can feel the strain and pain around the elbow area .

When I do pulling down exercise for arms  and bench presses or triceps ez bar bell it doesn't hurt .

Thank you !

You should first be confident that the pain in your elbow is not damage to the joint, but most probably a nerve that the muscles, ligaments are stimulating incorrectly.

Of course you want to stop the exercises that you think lead to this pain, but you may use the elbow in exercises where it does not hurt.

Sometimes the "trigger point therapy" is useful.  Points in the body have been identified to cause pain in some areas, sometimes away from this point, and when the point is massaged the pain eases and disappears.  One thing you can do is to place the arm in the position where you feel the pain in the elbow, and with the other hand poke in the elbow joint with a finger to find the point where the pain gets strong when you press on.  Massage this point and "accept" the pain. This may ease it.

There are many ways to exercise the biceps, triceps with dumbbells, cables, machines, and you may find some that don't lead to the problem you are having. 

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi..

Thank you !

Have you seen a doctor on it? Its beyond the role of anyone (including people form this forum) to diagnoised the injury that you are facing because we are unaware of the mechanism that caused the pain in your situation, neither can we visually see or diagnoise what is going on with your limb. It could be a elbow tendinitis, a biceps tedinopathy, etc. With so many structures there, it would be difficult to pint point to a particular zone or a fault. What I would usually suggest would be to reduce the intensity of the exercise, get it checked by a registered healthcare practitioner, and then follow up on their recommendations. Even for my personal trainer students, time and time again I repeatedly tell them that it is not within their scope to diagnoise what is going on with the person. if they are so interested, take on a degree course in medicine school or a physiotherapy program.

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi..

Thank you !

go and do some foam rolling on your tricep, use a ball or something maybe go hang on the pull up bar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fitlion http://sg.fitlion.com/

FL_HOALLOWEEN_PROMO_FA-01_1_.png

http://www.myprotein.com.sg/home.dept

Quote:
HALLOWEEN

Halloween Discount - Get 30% off your Entire Order this Halloween Weekend!

Use Code: BOO

No matter what your fitness goal, our best sellers list has something for you. From our #1 Impact Whey Protein to our range of Pills & Aminos including BCAA & CLA, our products have been scientifically formulated to Fuel Your Ambition.

Offer ends on 31 October

• 2 weeks later...

9 Essential Strength Benchmarks for Men

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/1009383-9-essential-strength-benchmarks-men

1 HOLD A PLANK FOR TWO MINUTES

2 BENCH PRESS 150 PERCENT OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT

3 COMPLETE A STANDING BARBELL PRESS AT YOUR BODY WEIGHT

4 PERFORM 50 PUSH-UPS

5 DO 15 CHIN-UPS

6 DEADLIFT 250 PERCENT OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT

7 BARBELL SQUAT TWICE YOUR BODY WEIGHT

8 COMPLETE 10 BARBELL HIP THRUSTS WITH 150 PERCENT OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT

9 HANG CLEAN 125 PERCENT OF YOUR BODY WEIGHT

so im gonna quit gym soon..............

4 hours ago, heliumduck said:

9 Essential Strength Benchmarks for Men

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/1009383-9-essential-strength-benchmarks-men

so im gonna quit gym soon..............

LOL!  Don't feel bad. These "benchmarks" are simply goals. 

I wonder who chooses these numbers.  

Maybe a scientist like xydboy, based on complex algorithms derived from biological research?

19 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  Don't feel bad. These "benchmarks" are simply goals. 

I wonder who chooses these numbers.  

Maybe a scientist like xydboy, based on complex algorithms derived from biological research?

Oh please....Anyway back to topic, some of which are pretty valid such as bench press (1.5x bodyweight) and squats (2x bodyweight). Those are the requirements set forth prior to engaging in plyometrics or power training. The 50 push ups are based on the general push up test recommendations for healthy adults. The value would result in a 80-90 percentile value. This test has a reliability value (high test-retest correlation coefficient of .95 and .91 for college-aged males and females respectively. The chin ups are based on the highest category for age 17 and beyond. This test has a reliability value (high test-retest correlation coefficient of >.83 in school children with no published data as of date for adults. As for the rest, I have not got a chance to flip through the specific text that we (sports scientist) use for assessment. Furthermore, some of them written on the site don't seem to be validated methods. End of the day, as long as we are working out and matching to the guidelines, it doesn't matter much unless you are aiming for performance or have intention of competing.

Edited by xydboy

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, i wanna gain weight too, as I'm stuck with my current weight. 

Just started to go gym recently. But I think my technique is failed as my body fat increased and muscle mass decreased :(

recently only leh.....

how  you know " body fat increased and muscle mass decreased"  ?

your workout xiong enough not ?
do you eat enough?

21 hours ago, heliumduck said:

recently only leh.....

how  you know " body fat increased and muscle mass decreased"  ?

your workout xiong enough not ?
do you eat enough?

Yea 3 weeks only lol.. Just did it again, I think the machine faulty that day. Here is my result, not sure if I'm in the right track or I am too slow..

I think need to add more meals lo.. as weight like no change.

published-october-12-2011-ticket-to-broadway-contest-leave-a-comment-wUDe6K-clipart.jpg

Edited by He Who Must Not Be Named

5 hours ago, He Who Must Not Be Named said:

Yea 3 weeks only lol.. Just did it again, I think the machine faulty that day. Here is my result, not sure if I'm in the right track or I am too slow..

published-october-12-2011-ticket-to-broadway-contest-leave-a-comment-wUDe6K-clipart.jpg

cause you shouldn't be just looking at your weight change. Need to also consider other factors (e.g. body composition). I'm assuming you measured before you start workout.

5 hours ago, He Who Must Not Be Named said:

the difference in your numbers are like in grams leh....................................

i thought u said your fat increased muscle decreased? i dont see it.

anyway if machine faulty, then all your results over the long run, statisticaly speaking should be all systemically erred in the same direction,
henc ethe overal pattern is still reflecting your true state of progress, so dont worry too much the machine fault

8 hours ago, heliumduck said:

the difference in your numbers are like in grams leh....................................

i thought u said your fat increased muscle decreased? i dont see it.

anyway if machine faulty, then all your results over the long run, statisticaly speaking should be all systemically erred in the same direction,
henc ethe overal pattern is still reflecting your true state of progress, so dont worry too much the machine fault

I took again using different machine, and the number is more make sense for me.

And yea the difference is only in grams, means I'm too slow isit?

3 hours ago, He Who Must Not Be Named said:

hmm actually after workout. I should measure before isit?

You are measuring TOO MUCH!

Go to the gym as often as you can, lift heavy weights (for your body) to exhaustion using the best exercises, and don't waste so much time looking in the mirror.

Three weeks is nothing. Expect results in six months, and if you do it right YOU WILL see good results unless you come from another planet.  Get used to it and continue for 30 years.

22 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

You are measuring TOO MUCH!

Go to the gym as often as you can, lift heavy weights (for your body) to exhaustion using the best exercises, and don't waste so much time looking in the mirror.

Three weeks is nothing. Expect results in six months, and if you do it right YOU WILL see good results unless you come from another planet.  Get used to it and continue for 30 years.

I know 3 weeks is nothing but I just want to know from those who have been to the gym for years whether I am on the right track, not saying that I always looking at the mirror every day. If I know the progress is too slow for 3 weeks then I will chiong harder or change my gym technique.

16 hours ago, He Who Must Not Be Named said:

hmm actually after workout. I should measure before isit?

You usually measure before because after a bout of exercise as there is redistribution of blood and movement of fluid form the extracellular spaces to the intracellular spaces of tissues. This could affect the measurements.

13 hours ago, He Who Must Not Be Named said:

I know 3 weeks is nothing but I just want to know from those who have been to the gym for years whether I am on the right track, not saying that I always looking at the mirror every day. If I know the progress is too slow for 3 weeks then I will chiong harder or change my gym technique.

If you find yourself frequently in the gym calmly working out strong with a sense of belonging, you ARE on the right track.  Don't get discouraged by the slowness of the process. Over time you will keep find ways to improve your technique.  Don't compare yourself with others. Perseverance is the primary contributor to success in bodybuilding.

Been meeting up occasionally with a guy who's training for a body building competition next year. First time met, he's off season. But recently he started to train for the competition, including going on strict diet (poached chicken breast, lots of eggs, daily).   Met him again recently & the effect on his body started to become apparent. He's started to gain weight & said he's another +15kg to go over the next few weeks/months, & this will then drop back down just in time for competition. Apparently that reduction is required for abs definition, something to do with muscles replacing fat in terms of the body composition. Has anyone heard of this gain then lose weight thing?

1 hour ago, ckson said:

Been meeting up occasionally with a guy who's training for a body building competition next year. First time met, he's off season. But recently he started to train for the competition, including going on strict diet (poached chicken breast, lots of eggs, daily).   Met him again recently & the effect on his body started to become apparent. He's started to gain weight & said he's another +15kg to go over the next few weeks/months, & this will then drop back down just in time for competition. Apparently that reduction is required for abs definition, something to do with muscles replacing fat in terms of the body composition. Has anyone heard of this gain then lose weight thing?

Bulking and cutting

皆々様には、御機嫌麗しゅう、恐悦至極に存じ奉ります。

Guest chinese
On 08/12/2016 at 6:44 AM, Steve5380 said:

20 minutes of frying eggs?

It takes me 10 minutes to boil eggs,

without having to clean afterwards

nor speak in between in unintelligible language...

wow, not english = unintelligible language :clap:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.