Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

4 hours ago, blowmenow said:

Can anyone tell me how to use the bar hanging vertical in te middle?

what is it called btw?

thanks!

It seems that this bar can be connected to the two weight stacks on each side in place of the individual handles to use as a weighted bar.

The equipment shown,  Precor FTS Glide, looks like a over-fancy over-priced rack of limited use, similar to a traditional cable rack.

What really impressed me, looking at similar machines, is the Inspire FT2 functional trainer + Smith Station, that combines a cable rack with a smith rack. This one we can get in the US for $4,000, and it seems ideal to have at home to work out.

But if on a tighter budget,  the inexpensive resistance bands and tubes can do wonders for a fraction of that cost  :)

Edited by Steve5380

20 hours ago, blowmenow said:

Can anyone tell me how to use the bar hanging vertical in te middle?

what is it called btw?

thanks!

gym1.png

Isn't there pictures on the side to demonstrate and talk about the exercises? Its similar to other functional machines from other brands. Refer to video and more on how to operate:

4 hours ago, xydboy said:

Isn't there pictures on the side to demonstrate and talk about the exercises? Its similar to other functional machines from other brands. Refer to video and more on how to operate:

I think the guy in this video has a perfect upper body development.  More than that I would find ugly.  Maybe this is why he is chosen to do this commercial video.

Perhaps because it is commercial, it exaggerates the virtue of this "Powertec" rack.  What he does in most of the video can be accomplished perfectly with the regular bench press, flyes on a bench and maybe the decline press at the end, since in his rack the forces on the two handles are exactly the same, the same as the barbell or dumbbells weight on both hands on a bench press. So the stabilizing muscles are also exercised the same.

But the video showed me a "single arm chest flyes" that gave me an inspiration.  Recently I bought for my friend who started receiving physical therapy a set of resistance bands (tubes) for $25 on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756ZJFK1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and using the part that anchors a band on the cracked open door at its hinges I can imitate the cable rack and do exactly the same single arm flyes.  So I am doing this exercise and many others in the comfort of my house.  I also like the feeling of elastic bands, which I had never used before.

If I were living on a budget in Singapore where the cost of gym membership is very high,  I would happily use such elastic bands and do most of my exercising at home.

One of the most versatile fitness machines I know is the Freemotion dual cable crossover.  My gym has three of these beauties and I use them frequently:

It now occurs to me that with a bar like the one Blowmenow asked about, one can do traditional squats, and quite safely.  Also, with a bench one can do bench presses, also more safely if the weight comes in at a certain height given by the adjustment of the arms.

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I think the guy in this video has a perfect upper body development.  More than that I would find ugly.  Maybe this is why he is chosen to do this commercial video.

Perhaps because it is commercial, it exaggerates the virtue of this "Powertec" rack.  What he does in most of the video can be accomplished perfectly with the regular bench press, flyes on a bench and maybe the decline press at the end, since in his rack the forces on the two handles are exactly the same, the same as the barbell or dumbbells weight on both hands on a bench press. So the stabilizing muscles are also exercised the same.

But the video showed me a "single arm chest flyes" that gave me an inspiration.  Recently I bought for my friend who started receiving physical therapy a set of resistance bands (tubes) for $25 on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756ZJFK1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and using the part that anchors a band on the cracked open door at its hinges I can imitate the cable rack and do exactly the same single arm flyes.  So I am doing this exercise and many others in the comfort of my house.  I also like the feeling of elastic bands, which I had never used before.

If I were living on a budget in Singapore where the cost of gym membership is very high,  I would happily use such elastic bands and do most of my exercising at home.

He's a physique athlete/bodybuilder (http://www.robrichesfitness.com/about-rob-riches/). Yes what you said is true. It can be accomplished using a normal bench. However, it differs because this system uses a pulley mechanics, while the bar/free weights itself relies purely on overcoming the gravity. The involvement of pulleys is that, the more pulleys the machine have, it influences the actual force that the body has to overcome. Noting this, the body recognises only the resistance as a form of stimuli for growth and adaptation and not the the type of implement that is used (doesn't mean freeweights is more superior to machines). Usage of elastic bands is good for therapy, it is considered a form of variable resistance implement. Its easy to use, versatile and portable. Unlike the machine or free wights, the resistance that one face actually changes with the stretch of the band. It gets easy at the start of the motion, but gets tougher towards the end of the motion. Particularly useful for therapy because it helps increase the force gradually across the range of motion. One note of caution is that these bands have to be regularly changed, especially if you use it often. After more than 500 cycles of stretch, it loses its tension to a range of 10-15% (tubing loses less than bands). Then again its also cheap to purchase. The downside is that it really rely on the user's "innovation" to workout because there are many exercises you can do, but you need to know where to tie it to (to the body's limb, or to an object, what direction of force, etc). But in practical sense, most people tend to be able to achieve better outcomes using machines/freeweights. As to why, we don't know. Perhaps its more intuitive. You see a machine for chest, you do it. But if you give them a band, they have to think and modify, and it might be that which kills the intention to exercise. Especially so for people with low self efficacy levels which are beginners.

Edited by xydboy

1 hour ago, xydboy said:

He's a physique athlete/bodybuilder (http://www.robrichesfitness.com/about-rob-riches/). Yes what you said is true. It can be accomplished using a normal bench. However, it differs because this system uses a pulley mechanics, while the bar/free weights itself relies purely on overcoming the gravity. The involvement of pulleys is that, the more pulleys the machine have, it influences the actual force that the body has to overcome. Noting this, the body recognises only the resistance as a form of stimuli for growth and adaptation and not the the type of implement that is used (doesn't mean freeweights is more superior to machines). Usage of elastic bands is good for therapy, it is considered a form of variable resistance implement. Its easy to use, versatile and portable. Unlike the machine or free wights, the resistance that one face actually changes with the stretch of the band. It gets easy at the start of the motion, but gets tougher towards the end of the motion. Particularly useful for therapy because it helps increase the force gradually across the range of motion. One note of caution is that these bands have to be regularly changed, especially if you use it often. After more than 500 cycles of stretch, it loses its tension to a range of 10-15% (tubing loses less than bands). Then again its also cheap to purchase. The downside is that it really rely on the user's "innovation" to workout because there are many exercises you can do, but you need to know where to tie it to (to the body's limb, or to an object, what direction of force, etc). But in practical sense, most people tend to be able to achieve better outcomes using machines/freeweights. As to why, we don't know. Perhaps its more intuitive. You see a machine for chest, you do it. But if you give them a band, they have to think and modify, and it might be that which kills the intention to exercise. Especially so for people with low self efficacy levels which are beginners.

Yes, free weights and the weights attached through cables and pulleys feel about the same because one has to move a mass, that because of gravity exerts a constant force.  Elastic bands are quite different because they create something close to a pure force,  with minimum inertia.  I find them fascinating, for a change, and I think they are quite safe (except if they rupture or lose their anchor and then snap on the user).   You are right that the force changes with the displacement and this is something strange, only found in some Nautilus machines. One can minimize this by using long bands, where the proportional change in force for a given displacement is less.  The variety of exercises with bands is large, as shown in many videos on youtube.  There are some basic ones for beginners, and physical therapists use them consistently.  The reason I brought up the bands here is because there are many fellow BW gays who are somewhat intimidated by gyms and by their cost, and the inexpensive bands can be a viable entry into fitness.  It still takes dedication and ... intelligence.  

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, free weights and the weights attached through cables and pulleys feel about the same because one has to move a mass, that because of gravity exerts a constant force.  Elastic bands are quite different because they create something close to a pure force,  with minimum inertia.  I find them fascinating, for a change, and I think they are quite safe (except if they rupture or lose their anchor and then snap on the user).   You are right that the force changes with the displacement and this is something strange, only found in some Nautilus machines. One can minimize this by using long bands, where the proportional change in force for a given displacement is less.  The variety of exercises with bands is large, as shown in many videos on youtube.  There are some basic ones for beginners, and physical therapists use them consistently.  The reason I brought up the bands here is because there are many fellow BW gays who are somewhat intimidated by gyms and by their cost, and the inexpensive bands can be a viable entry into fitness.  It still takes dedication and ... intelligence.  

Yes I do agree, there are many exercises shown on youtube. Actually its not about whether exercises or help is given, but its about dealing with the barriers to exercise. Even if a full set of gym equipment is placed in the homes of these people, not many will even use them regularly. Its not because they don't know how, rather they don't want to do them (exercises) regularly. If they practice something regularly, they would be able to perform the exercise easily. 2-4 weeks is sufficient for motor learning and neural adaptation. People who are naive to training would be able to get proper form to simple exercises. Its not very challenging to do the machines exercises when there aren't much planes of motion you can do (reference to the stack weights machines). End of the day, its not a matter of availability, but how badly they want to keep fit. Our self efficacy level is higher in comparison to people who don't exercise. We know how to find information to supply our curiosity. We know how to constantly exercise. We don't need reminders to workout. But for these people, they need constant reminders, constant help, constant feedback. Which I feel, is something that gyms could do for them. The convenience is something I feel would benefit them. There's nothing to being an activist for gym or anti-bodyweight exercise, or vice-versa, its trying to answer to the needs and helping people exercise. Not just the physical needs, but the mental needs. We can't use the same ruler that we have on ourselves for others, because the mindset is just different. Its like throwing a ball to a kid and expecting them to catch it. Children development for spatial awareness and object tracking is bad. The ball is definitely going to be challenging for them to catch. 

Honestly its not very expensive to go to the gym. I have no idea why they say it is.

1) Community gyms (ActiveSG) cost $30 per month for peak hours, and $15 per mth for off peak hours. If your purchase them for 12 months, its $300 and $80 respectively. Breaking it down, its 80 cents and 20 cents respectively. Assuming one goes there everyday. (https://www.myactivesg.com/about-activesg/membership)

2) With the Masterplan for sports; within a radius of 100m, there's access to pools, basketball courts, running tracks, parks, gyms, fitness corner and field. No reason to not workout.

There are also trainers available at the gyms who are willing to help them out and to answer queries. The main thing is whether these individual are even willing to keep the exercise going. If the mindset is not there, even if the gym is free, they will probably not want to enter and use the facilities.

Edited by xydboy

On 12/22/2017 at 11:53 PM, Guest Turning to hunk said:

Those who have abs (who have low body fat) what did you do to achieve it? Is it really necessary to count daily intake and calorie to ensure that the body burns more than what is going in? Is cardio everyday necessary?

Rather ask what NOT to do.  To forcefully eat "to get bigger" is not recommended.  Instead, exercise with weights to build muscles and let the body demand more food. Gaining weight seems to have some irreversible effects that make it much much harder to lose it than to gain it in the first place.   Unfortunately, exercise is highly overrated as a way to lose weight, and it can never make up for the contribution of food to the weight.  "Burning calories" with cardio is inefficient, weight lifting is more effective.  The goal of exercise should be to increase HEALTH, strength and endurance, not so much to reduce weight.  As soon as we discover that we weight more (are fatter) than we should, we should IMMEDIATELY attack the problem aggressively, since the more we wait the harder it will be to go back and stay there.  I had never the patience to count calories, and I think that the effort should instead be directed at becoming an expert in which foods to eat and which to avoid, so that our selection of foods is optimum and we don't have to obsess so much over quantity.  On the long run, it is helpful to educate our body to resist temptations to eat to make up for stress and unhappiness, and also to stay away from the pleasures of eating and from the enjoyment of flavors, and instead replace them with... the pleasures of sex :)

Edited by Steve5380

1 hour ago, xydboy said:

Honestly its not very expensive to go to the gym. I have no idea why they say it is.

1) Community gyms (ActiveSG) cost $30 per month for peak hours, and $15 per mth for off peak hours. If your purchase them for 12 months, its $300 and $80 respectively. Breaking it down, its 80 cents and 20 cents respectively. Assuming one goes there everyday. (https://www.myactivesg.com/about-activesg/membership)

2) With the Masterplan for sports; within a radius of 100m, there's access to pools, basketball courts, running tracks, parks, gyms, fitness corner and field. No reason to not workout.

There are also trainers available at the gyms who are willing to help them out and to answer queries. The main thing is whether these individual are even willing to keep the exercise going. If the mindset is not there, even if the gym is free, they will probably not want to enter and use the facilities.

I was misinformed about the cost of gyms in SG.  Maybe because one hears mostly about the trendy places where people want to go for the best eye candy.

I agree that a gym is by far the best place to work out.  It is like wanting to learn a trade or profession: one should go to a school or university, listen to lectures and take tests, interact with other students,  rather than be home schooled.  It is like studying hard some difficult concepts and formulas instead of trying to train the intellect by reading the newspaper.

17 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I was misinformed about the cost of gyms in SG.  Maybe because one hears mostly about the trendy places where people want to go for the best eye candy.

I agree that a gym is by far the best place to work out.  It is like wanting to learn a trade or profession: one should go to a school or university, listen to lectures and take tests, interact with other students,  rather than be home schooled.  It is like studying hard some difficult concepts and formulas instead of trying to train the intellect by reading the newspaper.

Yes. I believe many here talks about the high-end gyms or boutique gyms which costs 160-180 per month. Well, if there aren't any prawns available, fish would also be good. One need not go to the high end gyms if the purpose is solely on keeping fit. Unless they are there for some other purposes in life. I don't usually encourage mating to be done in the gym. Such practices are advocated elsewhere.

I fully agree w the gym fact , though I know a minority of bw mbrs do workout by jogging or swimming

the niang part is quite true (while it is fine to show a bit of womanly behaviour at time but....overly is suffocating)

daddy 's home mtd (learn the method, not asking u to dev  his type of body), many daddies who r into healthy lifestyle or are worried bcoming too fat followed his fb after I posted this Malaysian dad

On 21/10/2017 at 11:31 AM, Steve5380 said:

What good does it do to this guy to have some more muscles,  when all that facial hair and ponytail make him look so ugly?

His belly does not help either.  He should do more exercises to tighten the core.

haha, armchair critic.

why don't u show us some of your pics first

want to be condescending, at least prove you have the substance la

6 hours ago, Guest guest said:

haha, armchair critic.

why don't u show us some of your pics first

want to be condescending, at least prove you have the substance la

Yours is not the first challenge I got to show my performance (looks, ability, etc.)  after I criticized the performance (looks, ability, etc.) of others.

Today I can answer these stupid challenges by discarding them without one hair moving on my head,

thinking privately:  "go and fuck yourself,  I will show my performance (looks, ability, etc.) whenever I feel like it." 

I have nothing to hide, and nothing to prove.  :)

This is different from a "Guest guest", who has to hide in total anonymity.

Edited by Steve5380

13 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

I fully agree w the gym fact , though I know a minority of bw mbrs do workout by jogging or swimming

daddy 's home mtd (learn the method, not asking u to dev  his type of body), many daddies who r into healthy lifestyle or are worried bcoming too fat followed his fb after I posted this Malaysian dad

It is nice to see how some people intelligently apply their ingenuity and resolution to attain their goals with limited resources. (although this guy didn't get his muscles from these exercises alone but by using real exercise equipment)

Edited by Steve5380

12 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

It is nice to see how some people intelligently apply their ingenuity and resolution to attain their goals with limited resources. (although this guy didn't get his muscles from these exercises alone but by using real exercise equipment)

indeed, I know some of the gym experts here may not like it

cos it may required a lot of motivation and guidance to do it all alone

Some times the video focus on the "core" and the pecs, not so much of his arms or.........

but I m realistic, not all can afford a gym membership (which is why I like the Chinese vid, it claimed that gays who tend wanna focus on diff life priorities will want to jump straight into a gym club immed, again no1 said they r wrong)

my straight friends (they could be middle income earner, btw, some r the richer u r , the MORE stingy u bcome) will just share all the loose weight and quick to zoom in video

I trust fb have a lot , and some have specialised youtube on such videos: ie they r youtubers on such topics (don't ask me why r they all from msia, I m not a Malaysian for sure)

I realised hardly anyone from sg bother to do a youtube or fb of such videos, from my fav collections, they r all from Taiwan (q dev), HK (developed ctry - cosmopolitan) and msia! (shared by ladies too, those videos will tell u repeat 3 sets and how many mins, but of course u must watch your balanced diet , input balanced w output etc aside) and there r many of such videos, I didn't pick the above (by Jordan yeoh, just cos he is handsome or married pls, I just wanna share some of the consistent video producer)

Sg would pref u to go straight to a gym and sign up w their membership directly, didn't  u realise?

6 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

indeed, I know some of the gym experts here may not like it

cos it may required a lot of motivation and guidance to do it all alone

Some times the video focus on the "core" and the pecs, not so much of his arms or.........

but I m realistic, not all can afford a gym membership (which is why I like the Chinese vid, it claimed that gays who tend wanna focus on diff life priorities will want to jump straight into a gym club immed, again no1 said they r wrong)

my straight friends (they could be middle income earner, btw, some r the richer u r , the MORE stingy u bcome) will just share all the loose weight and quick to zoom in video

I trust fb have a lot , and some have specialised youtube on such videos: ie they r youtubers on such topics (don't ask me why r they all from msia, I m not a Malaysian for sure)

I realised hardly anyone from sg bother to do a youtube or fb of such videos, from my fav collections, they r all from Taiwan (q dev), HK (developed ctry - cosmopolitan) and msia! (shared by ladies too, those videos will tell u repeat 3 sets and how many mins, but of course u must watch your balanced diet , input balanced w output etc aside) and there r many of such videos, I didn't pick the above (by Jordan yeoh, just cos he is handsome or married pls, I just wanna share some of the consistent video producer)

Sg would pref u to go straight to a gym and sign up w their membership directly, didn't  u realise?

Actually its because not many of them knows what they are doing. In fact, there are many videos done locally (local productions from the sg instagram hot guys), but most of them revolve around the weights room (things you can only do in the gym). Many of them do not know simple principles of training and they are just monkey see monkey do. Whatever the US bodybuilder guys are doing, they just watch and do the same and make their own videos. Or else, they would be making videos of what they do for themselves and expect people to follow or be interested in what they are doing. To be honest, it takes effort to do some of these videos. Long time ago there was sgfitnessbuddy (i think) who did 1 or 2 short video clips on exercises you can do using bodyweight. And speaking with them, they do acknowledge the amount of time and effort it takes to make just one clip. Many people in the local scene wants to be famous by doing things that would give them more money, fame, etc, but how many of them truthfully would want to do it to help others? Its just how things work, perhaps its their own training philosophy/principles, perhaps its just superficial gains they are after? Just some thoughts..

While we may nt be phy training/sc/health sc trained

we roughly knw there r several school of tots and knw that the video targets certain grp of muscles

and we will only pickup those that u can do it at home (best nt to buy any stuff)

- which s why some schs claimed yoga is using your own body to carry weights

i struggled lifting my own trotters in the yoga rm

and 

teachers also trying to incorporate these videos into their game sessn w kids as well as staff event too, i luv it when humans apply knwledge

we dont need sg to do it

taiwan, msia and many ctries r doing a gd job (we r appreciative)

i trust thailand have it but due to language hence many didnt bother

Too many is no gd

i only save those reliable ones in my laptops

i dont even have time to practice it but every now and then will view it and most imptly

to share it w BW who felt it s fine to do w/o goin to a gym

12 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Yours is not the first challenge I got to show my performance (looks, ability, etc.)  after I criticized the performance (looks, ability, etc.) of others.

Today I can answer these stupid challenges by discarding them without one hair moving on my head,

thinking privately:  "go and fuck yourself,  I will show my performance (looks, ability, etc.) whenever I feel like it." 

I have nothing to hide, and nothing to prove.  :)

This is different from a "Guest guest", who has to hide in total anonymity.

we got a badass keyboard warrior yo!

me read mens health magazines many, me copy & paste good

uh6BmeF.png

8 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

While we may nt be phy training/sc/health sc trained

we roughly knw there r several school of tots and knw that the video targets certain grp of muscles

and we will only pickup those that u can do it at home (best nt to buy any stuff)

- which s why some schs claimed yoga is using your own body to carry weights

i struggled lifting my own trotters in the yoga rm

and 

teachers also trying to incorporate these videos into their game sessn w kids as well as staff event too, i luv it when humans apply knwledge

we dont need sg to do it

Too many is no gd

i only save those reliable ones in my laptops

i dont even have time to practice it but every now and then will view it and most imptly

to share it w BW who felt it s fine to do w/o goin to a gym

Actually I don't get your chain of thought or argument. You said earlier that,"

Sg would pref u to go straight to a gym and sign up w their membership directly"

And then you said above,"we dont need sg to do it

Too many is no gd"

Your thoughts don't seem to align. On one hand you said hardly anyone form singapore does the videos, then on another hand you said you don't need singapore videos. So? But regardless, as long as people watch the video and they understand, that is one thing. To do it regularly, its another. if you don't have the time to practice and only just watch it every now and then, it doesn't help the situation. These guys do the video is so that people like you (or others who do not want to go to the gym), can work out at home with minimal exercises. But if you choose not to do it, then it defeats the purpose. This was what I was trying to bring across earlier in my points raised. People know the stuff, they get the help they can get online,/various sources, but they just choose not to do it. Then what's the point of watching the videos when nothing is done. The motivation to work out is not there, hence my point was that its more of a psychological barrier that we need to cross. I am rather surprised how you determine the reliability when in actual fact you don't have the time to practice it. So you judge without even doing the exercise? isn't that biased to begin with? A workout is as efficient if you choose to spend time on it, not watching it with your eyes.

Honestly speaking, flip through men's health, watch the videos, they all sing the same song, say the same thing. End of the day people enjoy the hot hunks they see, but do nothing about the knowledge that they receive. 

Guest Fit uncle

Actually most of those who are fat already know very well why they are fat from overeating, very few would deny it because the health problems and the mirror don't lie.

They'll tell you that they'll try but they are half hearted. When they have the money and the freedom to do whatever they wanted, few will control their pleasures of eating good food. It's animal instinct. 

For most fat guys, the simplest and most obvious reason is overeating, no need to even go into such hair splitting details. Get them to stop overeating then talk about the details much later.

29 minutes ago, Guest Fit uncle said:

Actually most of those who are fat already know very well why they are fat from overeating, very few would deny it because the health problems and the mirror don't lie.

They'll tell you that they'll try but they are half hearted. When they have the money and the freedom to do whatever they wanted, few will control their pleasures of eating good food. It's animal instinct. 

For most fat guys, the simplest and most obvious reason is overeating, no need to even go into such hair splitting details. Get them to stop overeating then talk about the details much later.

Actually its not so much of one over the other. If they do exercise, then that is also an outlet for caloric expenditure. Furthermore, the building of muscle mass would increase the resting metabolic rate which could account for 50-65% of their total energy expenditure in a day.

1 hour ago, xydboy said:

Dear xyd

yes it s very obvious that sg didnt bother to do it

but so b it, since we have very good ones fr the foreign market , so i have learnt the fact that sg dont bother (however we have quite alot of soc influencers /youtubers in a small market , even my fren too on travel related stuff, prolly gym and body is nt their cup of tea, gossips prolly stronger)is indeed a fact of life

i have to accept it

i didnt regularly practicing it now, but some of my frens been doing so and they saw results, n me too...

it s abt getting into it and i see saw the diffce when they say this part u will feel burning and that part u feel this way

it s v obvious to me

which s why i recommended it, sorry that i didnt post all

the crux: some of us cant even have time to do such short frame exercise

so joining gym may nt b even feasible

so focus on these videos whenever possible

which s why i trust mbrs like steve can see how pp can use so ltd space/resource to exercise! Regdless Males or females

to me, aiyo, maybe he must have not seen many of such videos..... but i been using them for some time, glad that intro to mbrs 

5 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

which s why i trust mbrs like steve can see how pp can use so ltd space/resource to exercise! Regdless Males or females

to me, aiyo, maybe he must have not seen many of such videos..... but i been using them for some time, glad that intro to mbrs 

There must be few kinds of exercise videos I haven't seen, and they exist all over the world. I have also exercised with minimum space, with minimum resources when I was a young man.  This does not change the view that a gym is the best place to do it.  Not enough time for it?  If it is important, you make the time. And it is efficient in the sense that once you go there, you will concentrate in working out so as to not waste the trip.  While at home, it is easy to get distracted and not realize how little exercise is done.

Edited by Steve5380

7 hours ago, Guest Fit uncle said:

With the benefits of exercise being pushed so much, people should be warned that no amount of exercise can make up for bad eating habits (too much, too bad food).  As you say, eating right comes first, and exercise is a nearly necessary complement once eating is under control.    It is sad that many people who didn't know this put all their hope in exercising, working out hard without really getting slimmer.  One sees in gyms fat people who have been coming for years but never improve.  So it is logical that these people judge exercise as something that "it does not work for me".  And, as you say,  bad eating habit is very difficult to remedy, while it is much easier to exercise.  Another reason for failure.

For me, or for those who cannot afford the gym pkge:

Yes i knw, it all voiced down to all determination

the video is another source for those who also wish to: avoid the hassle

:only need a small space, i do it in my bedroom

right aft that i hit my bathrm immed

dont even need to worry m i naked or drenched w sweat

i no longer need to pack anythg before goin to work

right after a hard day work, i could dinner liao

even in the past, i done yoga in a studio,it s also just a human body space

But i guess i like a variety eg trying the sandbag which i didnt have it install at my flat

Steve, as those videos r short and concise, I m in my bedroom and no1 interrupted me, (usu will do it at the start of the day if not end of the day) just like when my parents r doing their regular morning exercise daily(without fail) , I don't even chat or greet them at that timing

Edited by lovehandle

12 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

For me, or for those who cannot afford the gym pkge:

Yes i knw, it all voiced down to all determination

the video is another source for those who also wish to: avoid the hassle

:only need a small space, i do it in my bedroom

right aft that i hit my bathrm immed

dont even need to worry m i naked or drenched w sweat

i no longer need to pack anythg before goin to work

right after a hard day work, i could dinner liao

even in the past, i done yoga in a studio,it s also just a human body space

But i guess i like a variety eg trying the sandbag which i didnt have it install at my flat

Steve, as those videos r short and concise, I m in my bedroom and no1 interrupted me, (usu will do it at the start of the day if not end of the day) just like when my parents r doing their regular morning exercise daily(without fail) , I don't even chat or greet them at that timing

18 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Dear xyd

but so b it, since we have very good ones fr the foreign market , so i have learnt the fact that sg dont bother (however we have quite alot of soc influencers /youtubers in a small market , even my fren too on travel related stuff, prolly gym and body is nt their cup of tea, gossips prolly stronger)is indeed a fact of life

i have to accept it

i didnt regularly practicing it now, but some of my frens been doing so and they saw results, n me too...

it s abt getting into it and i see saw the diffce when they say this part u will feel burning and that part u feel this way

it s v obvious to me

Actually, its not about which country bother or don't bother. Its the same exercise that person A, B, C, etc shows. Ultimately, its only those few exercises here and there. Just like how you flip men's health every month and people get so excited because its another person doing the exercise. but honestly, its the same exercises as what you see in the last month's or the last last's month's edition. 

I also don't get your logic. You don't exercise regularly, claiming its a time issue. So you focus on these videos whenever possible as these videos are not very long duration. But you don't do them regularly. So you just watch because its a hot guy? You like variety (i.e. sandbells, which are items found in the gym) and you also like to do things at home, but then you don't have the time to do them at all? Huh? Conclusion: you like to workout minimally but with lots of variety, and you enjoy short workouts because of the lack of time but you don't exercise regularly at all.

Edited by xydboy

Dear

i agree  w the men s health fitness mag thing

i was regularly working on yoga but nt on gym then

while i may nt have a fix schedule to prac the video

i still spend time following it 

it s better than zero right?

like i say , the video is selected based on core muscles or the areas i m targetting nt cos it s a handsome or ugly guys

and i did share that in school events , b it for staff or pupils

we also exchanges beneficial videos ro practice , there r videos w men and ladies rotating the diff steps

we didnt even pick strictly handsome guys

And it s abt the ctry

i dont see sg producing any of such videos but loads of u tube online on other content done by sg locals eg noc video 

jianhao and etc

this s a fact

but i have seen taiwanese

msian and other ctries doing such videos

henve i posted them here and i dont see bw mbrs posted

hence i post and share

anyone who find them beneficial just use it(dont havs to worry which ctry)

but for me it s clear sg locals no1 producing it

it s clear fact and a fact is a fact

i m just atating a fact

while i will continue to subscribe to such videos, so that there r diff music as the backgrd, never cos it s a babe or a handsome guys

teAchers in schs, also didnt want to use the same music and same steps all the time

which is why we kept searching and we realised the fact, many of the sg youtubers or soc influencers dont bother to do it

so b it, we have tons of better selection

we r not blaming sg

we just realised this fact which s quite distinct 

nothing illegal at all

Guest Noweightloss

I have been exercising for past 2 months

doing compound and aerobic exercise in the gym every alternate days. I cut down my diet intake, reduce sugar and yet my weight did not drop.

i do notice my tummy is reducing, but my weight is still the same. Even if muscle weight heavier than fats, but shouldn’t my weight at least drop 1-2kg?

i also have been drinking fat burner drink during the period, there was no result as well.

im getting unmotivated because the weighing scale doesn’t change despite I put in so much effort everyday in the gym 

what should I do to boost start my weight loss?

9 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Dear

i agree  w the men s health fitness mag thing

i was regularly working on yoga but nt on gym then

while i may nt have a fix schedule to prac the video

i still spend time following it 

it s better than zero right?

like i say , the video is selected based on core muscles or the areas i m targetting nt cos it s a handsome or ugly guys

and i did share that in school events , b it for staff or pupils

we also exchanges beneficial videos ro practice , there r videos w men and ladies rotating the diff steps

we didnt even pick strictly handsome guys

And it s abt the ctry

i dont see sg producing any of such videos but loads of u tube online on other content done by sg locals eg noc video 

jianhao and etc

this s a fact

but i have seen taiwanese

msian and other ctries doing such videos

henve i posted them here and i dont see bw mbrs posted

hence i post and share

anyone who find them beneficial just use it(dont havs to worry which ctry)

but for me it s clear sg locals no1 producing it

it s clear fact and a fact is a fact

i m just atating a fact

while i will continue to subscribe to such videos, so that there r diff music as the backgrd, never cos it s a babe or a handsome guys

teAchers in schs, also didnt want to use the same music and same steps all the time

which is why we kept searching and we realised the fact, many of the sg youtubers or soc influencers dont bother to do it

so b it, we have tons of better selection

we r not blaming sg

we just realised this fact which s quite distinct 

nothing illegal at all

Actually fitness is about doing it. No point watching and following it and not doing anything. Seriously ask yourself how much do you actually benefit from by watching it. No trainer would spend the whole session showing you videos on how to exercise, or better still, demonstrating the exercise without you doing. All seeing and reading and not doing, ain't helping. You can follow and watch 1000 videos in a day but it doesn't improve your fitness in anyway. Movements cannot be learnt purely by watching. This is what we do at fitness conventions/conferences, we get people to do things. Same as what i would do when I give corporate workshops. But yes, I do get where you are coming from. I see effort, but its not in the right direction. Its like you are driving the car, and I see you are moving away from your original spot, trying very hard. But the fact is you are driving in the opposite direction. One option for me is to just bury things and let it be, but I feel that something could have been done to help you understand the situation better. So here is it, just to clarify, there are videos done by locals. We have from organisations:

You also have females performing it:

And also celebrity:

List goes on and on though..Anyway these are not the best way to know what exercises to do. Any exercises works, its just about getting the right form. if that is the concern, then there are even better sources:

1) https://www.ideafit.com/exercise-library# (this site shows you clips with detailed instruction on how to do the huge library of exercise. You can even pick and choose and bind these exercises to create a workout. All about customisation based on your mood.)

2) https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/lifestyle/exercise-library (this site is very easy to use with exercises ranging from easy to difficult. Detailed instruction and video on how to perform the exercises is shown. Best of all, it classify the exercise based on the muscle groups, ranging from equipment based to bodyweight.)

Plus extra links and compilations from HPB (local authority on health) at the bottom of the page. So the fact is out there, there are, just a matter of how you search. Yes singapore is backdated in fitness, but not that backdated until got no videos. On a separate note, how many times do you want to see guys doing the same types of abs exercise? You have so many nasi lemak stalls in singapore, does it make a huge difference if I open another one? How different will my nasi lemak be from others then? If you think about it, why would want bother to spend so much time and effort to make the exact same thing as what people do, is it really worth it? There are so many youtubers out there, how is my sit up going to be any different from other people's sit up? Just change the face only and it makes a difference? Yes its not illegal of course but the way you put it, its as if the fault lies in them (underlying message). Its as if saying,"other people can do it, why singapore guys/girls cannot?" then on the other hand "no lah, its not illegal.." hence my confusion.

I know the fitness landscape because I live, breathe, eat, sleep fitness related stuff. If you need resources, I can always provide them here (subjected to my availability). But I do want to emphasize again that if you just keep watching and doing nothing, its not going to help you lower your mortality rate or to improve your fitness level in anyway. In fitness, understanding without doing, is nothing.

Edited by xydboy

1 hour ago, Guest Noweightloss said:

doing compound and aerobic exercise in the gym every alternate days. I cut down my diet intake, reduce sugar and yet my weight did not drop.

i do notice my tummy is reducing, but my weight is still the same. Even if muscle weight heavier than fats, but shouldn’t my weight at least drop 1-2kg?

i also have been drinking fat burner drink during the period, there was no result as well.

im getting unmotivated because the weighing scale doesn’t change despite I put in so much effort everyday in the gym 

Did you document your caloric intake? If you didn't, you should. We tend to over-estimate what we usually eat or cut down. How often do you exercise? Most importantly, what exercises you do. It would be good if you can list it down. Have you been increasing the intensity or kept the same since day 1? Do you document your training log? If you didn't, you should. So that you know how often to increase your intensity. if your intensity remains the same for the past 2 months, do something about it. Increment for novices can be done every 4-6 weeks. Don't expect fat burners to work, they only work minimally after 6 months of consumption. Don't be fooled by the advertisement. 

raymd
tks for digging it out
the list didn't go on at ALL

aiyo, don't, no need to spend time, I have seen them already

pls focus on the gym workout, not on my intention to post such videos, if anything ie personal , pls dealt w me separately elsewhere, I take on the challenge
but focus on the thread

we focused purely on ez to manage workout

not monstrous workout or stunt performing ones eg I saw the above one-hand, or spider pushup  kind of workout

oh dear
We need to take into consideration about safety cos we are all alone (if doing it at home) as well as students' sake, some r answerable to parents
Neither it should represent for fitness first or any co.s (do we have to spell the obvious)

We don't wish to infringe into copyright, when we display such videos

We want to focus on videos that encourage ez and at all time all place, limited resources (not those that uses weights/bars n esp items from the gyms, eg the Luke u posted) yet able to create most efficacies
and free to use those videos, w totally no considerations of legal or anything

anyway, don't wish to say more

from the choice of my videos (should I be posting some more in future), it is obvious (I will only be doing explanation strictly when it was misunderstood that handsome men videos/fb, and they regularly share tips or info like what the soc influencers are doing REGULARLY , not randomly)

I have models (angmohs or like those u posted - but I purposely wanna avoid models, cos their regular posting are abt their runway shows, their fashion, their hair and then abit on workout)

I wish to see how ordinary pp doing it fairly
we were never hankering over muscles (but somehow being negatively seen as picking muscled bod, for wht? they r married!!) but pp who knows what pp of age shd be doing (without paying a single cent) - we r focusing hard to learn the steps (though they may seemed very ez or repetitive to some gym experts) , and trying to catch up w our breath

and not all the demos r naked from waist up, many r fully clothed, not sure why a beneficial posting can be seen in a diff light(of course u deserved your rights to read us that way, just like all along we tot that u will be encouraging in all exercise forms, but somehow I have reached my conclusion)

BTW,
I luv Sylvia (& ryan) from NOC - soc influencers who regularly post on youtubes, but once again, they r married , they r being loved for their contribution of beneficial videos, not cos they r babelicious or yummy

Hi Guys & Gymmers,

I've now started on my post Christmas fat loss attempt.

However, I've in the past lost more muscle mass than the 

tummy fats.!!

Hoping that someone could share some pointers on this 

problem please.

Cheers, Mike

25 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

raymd
tks for digging it out
the list didn't go on at ALL

aiyo, don't, no need to spend time, I have seen them already

pls focus on the gym workout, not on my intention to post such videos, if anything ie personal , pls dealt w me separately elsewhere, I take on the challenge
but focus on the thread

we focused purely on ez to manage workout

not monstrous workout or stunt performing ones eg I saw the above one-hand, or spider pushup  kind of workout

oh dear
We need to take into consideration about safety cos we are all alone (if doing it at home) as well as students' sake, some r answerable to parents
Neither it should represent for fitness first or any co.s (do we have to spell the obvious)

We don't wish to infringe into copyright, when we display such videos

We want to focus on videos that encourage ez and at all time all place, limited resources (not those that uses weights/bars n esp items from the gyms, eg the Luke u posted) yet able to create most efficacies
and free to use those videos, w totally no considerations of legal or anything

anyway, don't wish to say more

from the choice of my videos (should I be posting some more in future), it is obvious (I will only be doing explanation strictly when it was misunderstood that handsome men videos/fb, and they regularly share tips or info like what the soc influencers are doing REGULARLY , not randomly)

I have models (angmohs or like those u posted - but I purposely wanna avoid models, cos their regular posting are abt their runway shows, their fashion, their hair and then abit on workout)

I wish to see how ordinary pp doing it fairly
we were never hankering over muscles (but somehow being negatively seen as picking muscled bod, for wht? they r married!!) but pp who knows what pp of age shd be doing (without paying a single cent) - we r focusing hard to learn the steps (though they may seemed very ez or repetitive to some gym experts) , and trying to catch up w our breath

and not all the demos r naked from waist up, many r fully clothed, not sure why a beneficial posting can be seen in a diff light(of course u deserved your rights to read us that way, just like all along we tot that u will be encouraging in all exercise forms, but somehow I have reached my conclusion)

BTW,
I luv Sylvia (& ryan) from NOC - soc influencers who regularly post on youtubes, but once again, they r married , they r being loved for their contribution of beneficial videos, not cos they r babelicious or yummy

I beg to differ. The videos above were all provided at novices level (both fitnessfirst, NCC and also health promotion board). Nobody is endorsing any companies. You said there wasn't, so I proved you wrong by showing you available content. You then say now that you've seen it. So actually there was but you claimed that there isn't?

I think you need to watch carefully because none of the above exercises involve one hand push ups. The spider push ups were done with both hands on the ground. Just lifting of a single leg, with the legs touching the elbows. Health promotion board won't demonstrate difficult exercises because its meant for the usual crowd who likes to workout in the office, while travelling or even using simple exercise equipment (e.g., resistance band). The same goes for fitnessfirst. Unless you are implying that these organisations are in no position to teach exercises or they are giving unsafe exercises. I purposely chose those that did not do stunt performing exercises. This is what happens when one just watches the exercise and not doing it physically. Its honestly much easier than the tabata workout you've shown. Don't believe you can try.

By the way copyright doesn't work that way. Do check out the legislation prior to commenting on that.

Edited by xydboy

8 minutes ago, mike_amk said:

Hi Guys & Gymmers,

I've now started on my post Christmas fat loss attempt.

However, I've in the past lost more muscle mass than the 

tummy fats.!!

Hoping that someone could share some pointers on this 

problem please.

Cheers, Mike

How do you know that you are losing more muscle mass than the tummy fats? Using the bioelectrical impedence machine in the gym? It could have been that the weight loss was too drastic such that you are not getting enough calories to supply the muscles. Weight loss have to be accompanied with exercise (both cardio and resistance exercise). The resistance exercise is very useful to curb the reduction in muscle mass due to caloric deficit. What I could suggest is the usage of a food log and training log to note the exercises and the dietary intake. This will give you an idea on how much calories that you expand and consume in the day.

this is not a thread ie on legality, if I would to spend time on legal, I will spend time to sue those who twisted my words when I didn't even mean that

the word spider push up be it one limb lifted or whatever, monstrous or angelic is quoted from the title of the videos posted

Why do u keep quoting them for explaining ? and they  are NOT suitable for our friends

none are using these videos in my fb, u could go ahead and use them and share them in  your IG, your frens will love it
u can share them here but don't have to click on reply for me, I have no intention to use such random videos

like I say I posted on daddy Yeoh, many of my straight frens daddies immed copy wise and followed wise (so it was shocking when pp view that they r being followed cos they r handsome or muscular, no it wasn't),

even if no1 is following, I will still share cos it is inspiring to see how daddies challenge themselves

12 minutes ago, xydboy said:

How do you know that you are losing more muscle mass than the tummy fats? Using the bioelectrical impedence machine in the gym? It could have been that the weight loss was too drastic such that you are not getting enough calories to supply the muscles. Weight loss have to be accompanied with exercise (both cardio and resistance exercise). The resistance exercise is very useful to curb the reduction in muscle mass due to caloric deficit. What I could suggest is the usage of a food log and training log to note the exercises and the dietary intake. This will give you an idea on how much calories that you expand and consume in the day.

Thanks bro!

Yes, I had the "PT" check my body fat levels using the device at the start and then after 2months.

He mostly said to do cardio 4 times a week (5km run each time, very light free weight usage)

Apparently concerned with "total weight" loss as a target... I was quite annoyed and stopped

thereafter!

I guess, what you mentioned sounds much more logical, Thanks.

As my age is catching up, I find it increasingly harder to gain muscle mass...suks.

I've just begun to read up more of your previous postings in this forum... and finding really

informative stuff you've written!!!   :-) 

Cheers, Mike   

2 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

this is not a thread ie on legality, if I would to spend time on legal, I will spend time to sue those who twisted my words when I didn't even mean that

the word spider push up be it one limb lifted or whatever, monstrous or angelic is quoted from the title of the videos posted

Why do u keep quoting them for explaining ? and they  are NOT suitable for our friends

none are using these videos in my fb, u could go ahead and use them and share them in  your IG, your frens will love it
u can share them here but don't have to click on reply for me, I have no intention to use such random videos

like I say I posted on daddy Yeoh, many of my straight frens daddies immed copy wise and followed wise (so it was shocking when pp view that they r being followed cos they r handsome or muscular, no it wasn't),

even if no1 is following, I will still share cos it is inspiring to see how daddies challenge themselves

Oh I get where you are coming from. Now this tickles me with laughter. You read heading never read text? Selective reading ah? Let me quote the text since you quote title

"The Monster Workout is part of the NCC Physical Training (PT) series. These workouts consists of simple exercises that requires little to no equipment and can be adapted to suit the physical level of each cadet. This can be used together with your current PT programme during unit trainings. The Monster Workout is a great workout for the entire body: 1) Jumping Jacks (10 Counts of 4) 2) Burpes (10 Counts of 4) 3) Mountain Climbers (10 Counts of 4) 4) High Knees (30 Seconds) 5) High Jumpers (10 Counts of 4)" And another quote,"

The spiderman push up is an easy exercise you can incorporate in your work-outs, especially if you've very little space in your hotel room." If you refer to your most early post, you mentioned below. Furthermore, I'm answering to your claims. These exercises can be done with the least resources and the limited space. Now it seems like you contradict yourself. Cow head don't match horse mouth. Its obvious you didn't watch these exercises and your claims are not well supported when you said that these are facts.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:45 AM, -Ignored- said:

Dear xyd

i have to accept it

it s v obvious to me

Its an irony though, really your statements contradict. So you are telling me the tabata workout which is higher in intensity, more vigorous in nature, more exercises, can be done by your friends. But they cannot do 5 simple exercises which is a huge cut from your tabata (8-9 exercises from your video) in nature. Best of all, its done at their own pace, and not all out maximal effort. Your friends is eat hard don't eat soft one? Only do difficult exercises but not easy? And also, you imply that people follow him (he is 30 years old, don't know why you call him daddy, maybe cause he refers himself as that?) because of their exercise? really? I question the legitimacy of such a bold statement. Your friends maybe, but to others...hmm... Nobody follows someone just for one reason. I don't know how you make such inferences. 30 years old, not very old leh..I'm a year younger, that makes me a daddy? oh my....I'm sure you know he is 30 years old right since you and your friends follow him..lol...really, this is your definition of daddies?Side-tracked, that's not the point of the argument. Neither is it when you mis-quote the legal guidelines of copyright on youtube. But i'm really scratching my head with your overall arguments because its not sound. Maybe its just the face, but then you said its not about the face right?:lol:

13 minutes ago, mike_amk said:

Thanks bro!

Yes, I had the "PT" check my body fat levels using the device at the start and then after 2months.

He mostly said to do cardio 4 times a week (5km run each time, very light free weight usage)

Apparently concerned with "total weight" loss as a target... I was quite annoyed and stopped

thereafter!

I guess, what you mentioned sounds much more logical, Thanks.

As my age is catching up, I find it increasingly harder to gain muscle mass...suks.

I've just begun to read up more of your previous postings in this forum... and finding really

informative stuff you've written!!!   :-) 

Cheers, Mike   

Thanks for the compliments. I do try my best to help many others here achieve their goal. I don't give standard answers without first knowing the situation. Its always good to find out more first. That's how were were also taught as personal trainers, to really emphathise with the clients and to be inquisitive in nature. My approach to your situation would be to not do cardio that many times. Its boring in nature and its a waste of time to do cardio during the PT session, particularly 5km run. A waste of client's time. If there are not major issues, its right away to the weights machine/free weights exercises. After 2 months and its still very light free weights, it shows how much progression there was. Anyone can progress with a 20-30kg increment in legs exercises (on machines) within that span of time. Hope you have a great time exploring the knowledge around this forum. If there is any other questions, feel free to approach me. Would be more than willing to help you out. P.S. I won't be doing any personal training 1-to-1 during this period as I'm tied down with my masters thesis. But I'm available to answer any doubts online.

don t intend to read , why shd I be reading what pp dump to me randomly ..

like I say u  r free to post but don't have to post as a reply to me
u don't have to quote your old gandpa stories

for me so long people find it useful , appreciate that , that is good

I don't intend to explain at all , I have already said I only wish to share  gd videos and they r consistently good
(not like the lousy Luke video posted that required gym eq)

2 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

don t intend to read , why shd I be reading what pp dump to me randomly ..

like I say u  r free to post but don't have to post as a reply to me
u don't have to quote your old gandpa stories

for me so long people find it useful , appreciate that , that is good

I don't intend to explain at all , I have already said I only wish to share  gd videos and they r consistently good
(not like the lousy Luke video posted that required gym eq)

First of all, put things straight. My intention wasn't ill. You share good videos. And people get educated because of it and that's good effort. I don't have anything against you. If I had, it would be attacking you straight, and not your post. You don't see me calling names and insulting your intelligence. What I am looking for is the logic behind the argument, hence my clarification countless times. What I don't see is the sound logic behind your claims. You said it was a fact, when I show that it wasn't. When I show you the truth, you said it infringes copyright, which isn't true. Then when I corrected you, you said that its out of the topic. Then you said the exercises wasn't easy to do and not suitable for people, I corrected it with validated statements and also based on my personal account as a trainer, you then ditch the argument by saying that you don't intend to read, etc. Everything also you say one. Everything use your own ruler to measure meh? You say people's video lousy, then you do lah! I've been teaching personal training and groom hundreds of trainers for so many years, I wouldn't even say people's video are lousy. Just because you don't use the equipment in the video, it doesn't make that video lousy. I even provided you with many other resources, from links from health authorities, to links that planned an exercise program for you and also demonstrate exercises for you. This is so to expand your horizon beyond what you might or might not see. That is what this thread is all about anyway. Don't forget the title is "Discussion On Muscle Building, Gym Advice To Gain Weight + Gym Workout How To For Bodybuilders (Compiled)". All information pertaining to fitness is welcomed. And I really acknowledge your dedication in sharing information. But the idea i want to drive across is the logic behind the argument. That's about it. Peace out.

1 hour ago, xydboy said:

Thanks for the compliments. I do try my best to help many others here achieve their goal. I don't give standard answers without first knowing the situation. Its always good to find out more first. That's how were were also taught as personal trainers, to really emphathise with the clients and to be inquisitive in nature. My approach to your situation would be to not do cardio that many times. Its boring in nature and its a waste of time to do cardio during the PT session, particularly 5km run. A waste of client's time. If there are not major issues, its right away to the weights machine/free weights exercises. After 2 months and its still very light free weights, it shows how much progression there was. Anyone can progress with a 20-30kg increment in legs exercises (on machines) within that span of time. Hope you have a great time exploring the knowledge around this forum. If there is any other questions, feel free to approach me. Would be more than willing to help you out. P.S. I won't be doing any personal training 1-to-1 during this period as I'm tied down with my masters thesis. But I'm available to answer any doubts online.

Thanks once again bro.  :D

Wish you all the best and success in your Masters!!

Cheers, Mike

On 1/7/2018 at 2:45 PM, -Ignored- said:

You should trust Xydboy too.  His workout is advanced but his principles and opinions apply to all levels. 

And all varieties of exercises:  weight lifting, aerobics, calisthenics, etc.

We should be blessed that the amount of information on exercising has exploded in the last decades.

But none of that replaces the dedication, discipline that exercising requires to give the desired results.

Throughout history people have been exercising successfully without ANY exercise videos.

Wasn't it Milo of Croton the Greek who started lifting and and carrying a calf every day as a child and thereafter, 

until the calf became a bull and he had developed into the strongest wrestler of his days ? 

19 hours ago, Guest Noweightloss said:

Why do you need to be so obsessed with "weight loss"? 

If you could move out and live on the Moon your weight would drop dramatically!

Aren't you perhaps motivated to change the composition of your body to look slimmer, have minimum fat and maximum strength?

If so, your first step should be to change your diet towards healthier, less fattening food.

Then, learn by yourself or with a trainer the way to rapidly progress to a safe heavy weight lifting.

Don't care much about aerobics.  The approach to reduce fat by "calorie burning" through aerobics is not very effective.

DON'T weight yourself often. It is better if you can forget about it.

Plan to realistically pursue this effort for several years, expecting to see reasonably high sustained effort translate into slow progress.

If this reality is too discouraging, then don't do it and expect a NEGATIVE progress as years pass by.   

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.