Male HQ

Shogun Spa @ Chinatown (No Ads Allowed)

Guest Sauna Goer

OMFG

Don't insult yourself with such a silly post.

You are in a man's club where everyone is clad only in a towel.

What has academic qualifications, job got to do in this place?

Everyone is EQUAL... no one is better, except for physiques and sexual prowess.

You are not there to discuss the Kenya Shopping Mall incident nor the prospect of Singaporeans in 2046.

So what the F..k are you talking about EQ....IQ what utter rubbish?

And mind you, some of us, the patrons/regulars, do have very stable jobs and MBAs to boot.

So, be colour blind, be ...your list of discrimination is way too long to mention...

F..k off to elsewhere please if you have this ATTITUDE/EGO!

Yes, abang. though i may not be regular, but still a patron. I have an Engineering Honours degree from NUS and a Engineering Master Degree from NTU.

Though I may not be a regular to shogun, but i am a regular to sauna. For the past 3 weekends (Sat and Sun) my time evenings were spent in saunas.

I have not stepped in Shogun for quite some time.

For $12, I would say, it is still ok lah.

One thing for sure, it is not a place you would expect quality.. although there is always quantity.

And it had never advertised itself as a place for young hunks.

It is still a place to relax and chill. 

But a friend of mine told me that at times before midnight, the movie screening stops abruptly..

anyone cares to confirm?

Abang, quality is a subjective matter. Beauty is always in the eyes of beholders.

The reason I go to shogun, because at times i do find guys who are extremely my type. and those are quality guys. and the reason i go back to shogun is because i do able to find quality guys like them.

thank you.

I recently went to Shogun for a visit, and my last visit was in February. So it was renovated, and it was the first time I experienced the new Shogun. 

First - lockers. It seems much more spacious to change now, as opposed to the last time. Lockers look newer, and it looks like there are more lockers. Plus point. It is located next to the showers and bathrooms, and so is pretty convenient. 

Second - the maze. Certainly larger, and really much more of a maze. Big plus to that. Only thing is that there is only one entrance (via the TV area). I would suggest that a second entrance be made next to the entry/exit point. In case of a fire then there are more exit routes. 

Third - Showers. When I visited, it looks like one of the doors to the bathrooms had been removed. The other bathroom still had the folding door. So I am guessing it was only removed temporarily, and will be replaced soon.

So the third floor has not changed. I would like to make a few more suggestions:

1) Replace the mattresses on the TV lounge. The area of the mattress where the feet are usually placed is suffering from cracks, and I hope the management can replace the mattress soon, since lying down on the mattresses with broken cracks makes it uncomfortable for the legs.

2) Put in lube and condoms in each room, so that we won't need to have to go to the reception to get these items when things get exciting. I am thinking no one will steal these items. 

3) The bathroom on the third floor can also be used as a shower area. There is an wash sink near the bathroom area, and I think, if previous posts complain about the lack of space in the bathrooms, then this area can be another shower area. 

That's it! It was a good experience. 

Edited by lausanne

Do you all know what had happened there?

This MERE PATRON want to assure  the forum that the CCTV footage is grainy because of the poor lighting. How does he know it is grainy? Its only because he had seen the CCTV footage. How can a business owner let a MERE PATRON view the security footage? It is being viewed by a unauthorized person with no concern to him. Something is definitely wrong here.

Ever since someone brought this up years ago, I have told many of my friends to avoid this place at all cost. Their business practice is questionable and controversial. Besides  BW, I also come across many negative remarks from other forum which I shall not name.

I am not a business partner of Shogun or any gay establishment.

I am just a mere patron.

Breaking even or making a profit is the utmost importance issue to tackle.

The management at Shogun has to ensure that they provide a relaxing and SAFE premise for all.

The installation of CCTV is therefore justified.

Just in case you wonder whether the images captured will land on UNSAFE hands..

Please allow me to assure you that with that type of POOR lighting, everything will be grainy..

Those of us who use gym facilities are more likely victim of locker-room video because the lighting is much much brighter.

So fear not.... 

Shogun has been around for ages.

There are many loyal patrons who follow them since its first inception years ago... from its humble beginnings to where it is now.

So if anyone has any construction comments, approach the management.

Drop a written note to them... I am sure for business longevity, they listen, they assess and if viable, they change...

This MERE PATRON want to assure  the forum that the CCTV footage is grainy because of the poor lighting. How does he know it is grainy? Its only because he had seen the CCTV footage. How can a business owner let a MERE PATRON view the security footage? It is being viewed by a unauthorized person with no concern to him. Something is definitely wrong here.

Ever since someone brought this up years ago, I have told many of my friends to avoid this place at all cost. Their business practice is questionable and controversial. Besides  BW, I also come across many negative remarks from other forum which I shall not name.

abang, I wrote about the blue collared worker post but I am not this guest who replied. FYI

Guest Ablin88

About blue collar worker, I too saw china worker man sleeping at the Tv hall. They're not there for the mission, to play, I once tried to 'play' with one while he asleeped, but show no response.

Looks like these china worker man are there to sleep over. Should not they be discouraged to do so.

Guest Raiden Alpha

These china men will not play with you unless you are their own (china kind of face and accent). They don't warm up to stranger. The cultural barrier is there. Observe next time you are there,see how they react to their own kinsmen and a local.(unless you are a handsome local)

This is not a xenophobic post but rather a observation of a natural phenomenon at work.

These china men will not play with you unless you are their own (china kind of face and accent). They don't warm up to stranger. The cultural barrier is there. Observe next time you are there,see how they react to their own kinsmen and a local.(unless you are a handsome local)

This is not a xenophobic post but rather a observation of a natural phenomenon at work.

Very good observation,

China men, straight or gay,  would not hesitate to stare and then compliment a handsome local.

I am sure, if you are in a foreign country, when you see your kin from your country, you can warm up faster than strangers you don't know.

I've done enough foreigners to tell you that it's not hard to warm foreigners up, regardless of where they are from, be it China, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, etc. The thing about meeting and knowing people, is about how genuine and sincere you are as a person. How you are as a person when you look at the mirror, will reflect the same back to you. I don't know about you, but I have never had any issues with cultural barriers, etc. Of course, that's me. 

Maybe it will be another matter altogether for the 40% "attas" type, who thinks too highly of themselves which may see it as cultural, or racial, etc. thing. That said, hasn't it been mentioned that people goes to sauna "to get their rocks off" and has nothing to do with going there to "have meaningful conversation". Then why would anyone be bothered if the person is from which country? As long as they are your type and you are their type, its straight into the rooms with no time to lose. All the cultural exchange of good will, bonding whatever will be done in there.

Guest Fxxc and Go

Agree with what gm say! How true.. Just sidetrack.. At times besides seeking fun one can engage in meaningful chats with the other party too.. It's not always sex fuck and go .. In the end you end up knowing another guy and even exchanging numbers and become friends .. Sometimes others are seeking for the other party to listen to their lows in life.. For eg the recent bereavement of their parent etc.. So it's not always just fuck and go. Your attitude really plays a part too.. I may fall in the 40 percent perhaps but I prefer to chat with the person a little unless he is inhibited or just want to fuck and go.

Who am I to have the chance to view the videos?

I am merely stating the fact that under the DIM lighting, what clarity can these CCTV capture?

Honestly should you feel uncomfortable by its presence, then stay out of the paranoia. 

Stop going anywhere with CCTV installations... places like Boat Quay..London.....and many other big cities.

Yes I agree with you.. if you dislike Shogun or anything else, don't go there..

You are definitely entitled to your opinions and choices.

If you can't accept the quality, standard provided, stay out.

BUT there is no need to post negative comments repetitively.

There are other older men who have no where to go but there.

They need  a place to congregate and an avenue to release their tension.

Im sorry, do u guys think that u guys r some sort of celebrities or something? Why so bothered that your changing images being recorded? 

Shogun already mentioned that it is for security reason, get over it and move on.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Who am I to have the chance to view the videos?

I am merely stating the fact that under the DIM lighting, what clarity can these CCTV capture?

Honestly should you feel uncomfortable by its presence, then stay out of the paranoia. 

Stop going anywhere with CCTV installations... places like Boat Quay..London.....and many other big cities.

Yes I agree with you.. if you dislike Shogun or anything else, don't go there..

You are definitely entitled to your opinions and choices.

If you can't accept the quality, standard provided, stay out.

BUT there is no need to post negative comments repetitively.

There are other older men who have no where to go but there.

They need  a place to congregate and an avenue to release their tension.

When CCTV is wired, the image is super clear and turns black & white when it is completely dark (that is the purpose of those small led bulbs that surrounds the camera)

The angle is about 80 degrees and the field is as far as 10m.

When CCTV is wireless, the image is still clear but depends on the network and other interference. Can be quite unstable.

When in doubt, can go Sim Lim Square to find out more.

I think older men also congregate at Tenmen and Hercules.

I think we need to be open to comments, both +ve and -ve.

Sometimes the -ve comments, if out of good intention, help us to improve and become better.

Thanks.

I think the cctv and the blue/white collar discussion is just silly.  I hardly think the cctv is insidious; and not sure what the blue/white collar thing has got to do w the "quality".

I'm just more concerned abt the hygiene level at dis place.

I don agree w some bloke above who mentioned that for 12 bucks, it's ok. I think cleanliness shld be a basic requirement of any sauna.

I wld rather pay more if they can up the level of cleanliness and hygiene then.

Anyway, doubt I will go back since my virgin trip there.

I'd like to try another sauna tho. Any other suggestions?

Edited by Beefycub

I think the cctv and the blue/white collar discussion is just silly.  I hardly think the cctv is insidious; and not sure what the blue/white collar thing has got to do w the "quality".

I'm just more concerned abt the hygiene level at dis place.

I don agree w some bloke above who mentioned that for 12 bucks, it's ok. I think cleanliness shld be a basic requirement of any sauna.

I wld rather pay more if they can up the level of cleanliness and hygiene then.

Anyway, doubt I will go back since my virgin trip there.

I'd like to try another sauna tho. Any other suggestions?

don't waste your time and $.

You probably see a repetition or some familiar faces.

The quality is so so , unless some attractive visitors from Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan drop by.

Why dun you travel out of Sin to xplore (I m assuming you are new)?

something happened last nite at shogun (though some of you may not find it interesting)

I was resting in one of the cubicles, as usu many will come in to "visit" ,(when one open his door, it doesnt mean your neighbour invite you to step in to rob his house please) , after one visit, a wierd (not sure is he an indian or whatever) guy came in and i explained i need to go to the toilet...he questioned why can the previous guy fucked me,( i dont even need to explain but i did), i explained that he came in to touch me and i m a top, he didnt get to do anything on me, but the wierd guy refuse to listen, and he insisted on touching and hugging me(to prevent me to escape) and he promised to slowly enter me!

i pushed him hard and he knocked onto  the wall (i m so worried that the building will collapse), i apologised that i needed to go to toilet ...though he appeared to be muscular (we were not rehearsing role-play, by the way), i could have easily knocked him down once more...but i didnt want to damage shogun's properties and i didnt want to cause a hoo-ha, but BUT

no one came to save us, i was liked en-wrapped by him and no one bother to suspect is there something wrong in our room, i tried to soft talk him after so long and i managed to unlock the key and rush out....

immediately i went to toilet and went one floor up (to avoid that person), but i heard his voice and a malay accent again,(before that, i knew there was a skinny malay guy sleeping alone in a room) , i knew that it must be that wierd guy who is now harrassing malay guy(i can hear the malay asking him to shut up and keep saying no...)  as usual, nobody bothers, why? all  you care is to have your own fun?

immediately i went report to the midnite shift staff (the plump one, ooops) , he recorded down (wow!) but didnt go catching...

after a few mins, he went into the maze area and cubicles area , i told him it s wrong!!!! (it s my fault beacause i saidn 2nd level, when i mean 3rd floor), so he went up to save the malay guy

the harrassment didnt end, wierd guy argued with the staff etc, i heard comments like " ok, i shall report to the police and said that all of you are gays to be fucked backside etc" this is so rude...he wanted to be returned of his entrance fees despite he broke one of the door

this guy just refuse to listen, i wish i can give him a few punches, but i want to see no bloodshed and i want no police to knock on the door...

At least i reported, i spent the rest of the nite, hearing shoutings by the wierd guy at the reception area...

before all these, i think he tried to knock dwn a door and a door is damaged(didnt see it though)...also a couple was "doing" at the tentage , and that guy tried to mount on him (but the guy on top was a top, so he has to use his hand to block him)

I plead every customers, be observant, if you noticed something is wrong, please raise it to the counter, do not wait for accidents to happen

haha. i m not popular too in some saunas, the more i behaved myself to earn respect... not trying to be funny

and i dont looked down on the "unwanted" ones but hope that that wont degrade themselves anymore....

I have seen very pestering ones, this one is the ultimate!!! He took advantage of me not wanted to create a din, like i said i pushed him once, he fell , i was worried that it was very loud (louder than love-making noise), what if he bled or something like that?

He is ridiculously offending, not just a nuisance, he has intrude beyond my privacy,........he should be jailed actually

far worst than an unwanted

Yes i agreed w lausanne, this is my very first time when i was trapped in the cubicle, it has never happened before... and he is not drunk

i have seen drunk customers or another who is hyper sensitive when his and his partner room is opened and people stepped in, he could have locked it

So last night is an extremely rare but horrible nite, i will still go ...

(I defined sensitive : is when no one has not even hurl a single statement on you or did anything to you, you already repay with strings of expletives ...)

Guest Albin88

try not to use the room inside it very dirty

It cause quite abit of dsturbed to customers and even later as they continue arguing about the incident. Many customers were quite pissy off with this Indian guy causing this nuisance.

U

I had notice early he had tried to mostest this china worker as he asleeped . The china man awoke ans smile to him and he greeted him back he went intoI the dark room to cause the havoc.

I'm a bit concern for this china worker as he sleeps through the night. He will become a target for this Indian guy. Many at times there're Many sleeping around him so he's safe for the time being.

I though management should look, into this Indian man'.action, the disturbance he cause to all the other guest an

the damaged he done to SG property, one could banned him entry to SG.

As long, we are able to be observant and helped one another at such situation, i guessed it s still very safe to use the sauna..we dont need anyone from a cyber world to protect us...really a rare case

as for the china guy (not sure why is he singled out), i think his risk is the same as anyone who is sleeping around too, and he covers himself with extra clothing, so i dont see any issue

by smiling, means we are polite and that doesnt mean we are opening invitation....

a clown (guest who love to hide behind the scene) wrote : "Didn't Gachi _Doggy, the promoter and protector of this place jump into AcTiOn ?"

We are able to self-sustain, please do NOT bring out names , be it gachi or Doggie, xiao ding dong, or God.. no one can protect us, if we lose our own sanity........

the whole purpose of my incident-report is to ask "general" people to step out and to help one another in times of needs, do not attempt to wait till "accidents" happened

problem with the new glory holes is the location actually. i can go in and wait, but few people seem to notice it's there.

prefered to old location pre-renovation, in the daytime it was kind of lit up. still remember, my record was sucking 9 cocks (i hope they were all different and not repeats!) and getting 6 loads of cum. it's kind of erotic when you just get an anonymous cock poke through, you go to work on it, and you suddenly hear someone moan "oh shit" from the other side, and you suddenly get a mouth full of cum... yum yum

problem with the new glory holes is the location actually. i can go in and wait, but few people seem to notice it's there.

prefered to old location pre-renovation, in the daytime it was kind of lit up. still remember, my record was sucking 9 cocks (i hope they were all different and not repeats!) and getting 6 loads of cum. it's kind of erotic when you just get an anonymous cock poke through, you go to work on it, and you suddenly hear someone moan "oh shit" from the other side, and you suddenly get a mouth full of cum... yum yum

so how to find the hole hahaha

Maybe I am the submissive type who caused this type of misunderstanding. 

When I leave the door open means I am easy and accept most men to come in to fuck me.

I am not desperate but it is my thrill to give myself away. I am not bad looking so many who took me were surprised when they saw me in good lighting.

Yes I admit that I am a slut when I feel like it.

But most times I will play game of pretending to resist to incite the top to be more violent with me. 

Maybe people who had fucked me also enjoyed the violence and expected others who leave the door open to behave like me pretending to resist but actually quite submissive when fucked. 

Was there on Friday. Chub n chaser skin night. Saw a very skinny uncle keep on follow those slim n small in size guy and until they push him away. But he still keep on touch n follow. =.=z. Anyway, bump into a Korean guy. Nice looking and good body shape. Enjoy the night with him.,

They are in the maze. They have folding doors instead of sliding ones.

I find the old glory hole too open. People can reach out to touch me. Don't like the feeling... I don't think glory hole is a popular fetish here. People are just not into anonymous sex.

I suppose so. I guess the benefits of a GH for me is that I love sucking cock. So when i'm in a closed door gh room, its kind of advertising that i'm a cocksucker. also, i'm less likely to discriminate and service any and all cocks. and finally, no pushy people who like to grab your head, etc.

Maybe I am the submissive type who caused this type of misunderstanding. 

When I leave the door open means I am easy and accept most men to come in to fuck me.

I am not desperate but it is my thrill to give myself away. I am not bad looking so many who took me were surprised when they saw me in good lighting.

Yes I admit that I am a slut when I feel like it.

But most times I will play game of pretending to resist to incite the top to be more violent with me. 

Maybe people who had fucked me also enjoyed the violence and expected others who leave the door open to behave like me pretending to resist but actually quite submissive when fucked. 

Seems rather attention seeking to bring this up when no one is even talking about you.

Every week or so I read the same story about how you like to pretend to resist a top.

You should look for the  the muscular wierdo that Lovehandle was complaining about.

He may be a good match for you but be careful, his violence may be for real.

Seems rather attention seeking to bring this up when no one is even talking about you.

Every week or so I read the same story about how you like to pretend to resist a top.

You should look for the  the muscular wierdo that Lovehandle was complaining about.

He may be a good match for you but be careful, his violence may be for real.

lol but his posts are interesting to read....pls let him be haha

Guest Raiden Alpha

Do you guys know what happen to Win Ling (not sure if thats the right name), the cute petite recep guy from China? Dont see him in shogun anymore....

Quit and went home years ago.

Am I right?

Guest yawning

lol but his posts are interesting to read....pls let him be haha

How is it entertaining to hear the same thing over and over and over ad infinitum, in so many different threads?

Guest Richard

Quit and went home years ago.

Am I right?

I dont think it was years ako, we had fun only last july and on august he went to my place during one of his off day to have more fun... I was away on business trip last month and when I returned, saw his many missed calls and then he was gone in shogun, sigh.....

He's such a cute cub, and He told me among many shogun patron that chases him every minute of everyday, Im the only one he always want to have sex with, in fact he want to bring me to china, I miss my china cub now.....

Ok now I'm not sure if I wanna go to this place. Have been contemplating by reading this thread but now it seems that the place is unhygenic and I can't work with that. Is it really all that bad?

I dont think it was years ako, we had fun only last july and on august he went to my place during one of his off day to have more fun... I was away on business trip last month and when I returned, saw his many missed calls and then he was gone in shogun, sigh.....

He's such a cute cub, and He told me among many shogun patron that chases him every minute of everyday, Im the only one he always want to have sex with, in fact he want to bring me to china, I miss my china cub now.....

At least you still have his contact number, try calling before the line is unsubscribe, i was eyeing him too, especially his hairy body, big pepperoni nipples , can,t stop ogling the nips whenever he signs me in at the counter , ever cornered him in the sauna in shogun on his off days

Ok now I'm not sure if I wanna go to this place. Have been contemplating by reading this thread but now it seems that the place is unhygenic and I can't work with that. Is it really all that bad?

Any unbiased view? Wish to know more about the different saunas and which ones are more happening and cleaner..

surprise the late afternoon crowd today is not bad. Quite a few lean guys here and there. Not too crowded, and the crowd is friendly and not pushy (at least for today). I like the steam room here, the steam is strong enough. And a comfortable crowd during weekday afternoons.

After reading this and other popular forum,  there must be some truth to the questionable condition of this place. In addition, this is 1 of the 3 places mentioned in today's New Paper

Looking at how things are running and the patron that visit this slump, its a matter of time before it goes belly up.

The feel and facilities of this place catered to the living poor (those earn less than $1500/month).  If you treasure your health please use your own towel instead of their stinky and yellowish towel which is only good enough to clean my engine's dip stick.

You can go enjoy the dilapidated facilities.

You are the same guest who post bad things about the sauna repeatedly. 

============

Just to prove your posting is untrue. Here is a post by guest before your post, taken from other topic.

This week from Monday to Thursday, I visited 10 Men and Shogun for two times and one respectively. 

Shogun had new facelift and look better. Good work Shogun. The steam room was too hot, and noone managed to stay long there.  They must be a reason why they increased the temperature to 49.

10 Men remains the same and the customers were equally great, Wednesday theme (skin) was not so fun as most of them preferred to be bystanders. I was too, I am sorry to say.  But I had fun with a few and they were good to be with. I did not cum but I loved to see my partners did. I pitied a limping guy who was turned down by many. But fortunately,  I did see him come out of the room relieved.  See, regardless of your height weight face and features, everyone has its share of fun. The steam room had helped me to revitalise my spirit and i was amazed of my virility, lol.

My conclusion, both saunas are great and I still prefer 10 Men and comfortable with its customers, staff, services. 

No negative and adverse remarks on both, keep up the good work.

================

As the moderator, I cannot sit and do nothing as I can see that you the same person who apparently have a grudge with Shogun boss and are the same person who tries to stir shit about the sauna from your many other postings.

Usually, I would stay out of such debate because, I don't want to be seen as being 'Protective" / "bias" of any particular pink business. But since you pulled me in this matter with your innuendos and tries to smear my name, you had prompted me to look into this matter. I went and checked and found out that many of those posting with bad remarks about Shogun were from you. 

There are only few possibilities why someone would go through such length to post smearing remarks for the sauna.  I am sure those who have been to shogun knows what is good and what needs to improve.  

I can only guess 3 possibilities that someone can hold a grudge with the boss of Shogun and to see his business closed.

1. Did you get rejected by the boss when you try to make a pass at him?

2. Were you his ex- business partner in the Karaoke business which eventually ends up with both of you no longer being friends

3. Competitor trying to smear another to bring customers back? 

Whatever your grievances you have with the boss, doing such low down tactics only adds to your already bad karma. 

Be careful of your misdeed, you will have to answer for it many folds. 

Had a great Saturday afternoon at Shogun.  As usual the steam room was wonderful.  I like it steamy hot...not the action, the steam.

Thanks to J for the great time...both at the upstairs lounge and later in the room.  We will meet up again I hope.

Shogun has a great ambience...the TV lounges upstairs, downstairs and in the veranda are just great places.  And they even provide two water dispensers, outdoor and indoor showers.  I like the place.  And their towels are the best of the few saunas that I have visited.

• G_M changed the title to Shogun Spa @ Chinatown (No Ads Allowed)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.