Male HQ

How does anyone determine their role in bed ? - Are You Top, Btm Or Flexi? Which Role Should I Be? (Compiled)

yishun

Top? Btm? Vers? or .....??  

618 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ...... (PICK ONE ONLY)

• Top only
    • Versatile Top
    • Versatile
    • Versatile Bottom
    • Bottom only
    • I don't do anal...

This poll is closed to new votes

Sometimes I wish the sauna management can implement an identification system where you can straight away tell if that person is a top, bottom or versatile without us doing much of the guessing work when cruising. Maybe they would consider issuing towels embossed with T, B and V letters. Often one ends up with the wrong guy. Sauna managers, are you listening?

I think some posters are off the mark when they tried to link being a pure top to factors such as marital status, the curiosity of a str8 guy or a person with manly countenance.

These are, at best, pheripheral indicators of some possibilities that that person is  a top.

U have nicely summarised up what a pure top is and I think ur post accurately fits the more rigorous and robust definition of being a top.

I'm glad my sexual partners are not as rigid as you. You will be a disappointing person to know... seem like such a nice guy but inflexible when it comes to sex.

Having coffee with you while you are thinking "Must fxxk! Must fxxk". Waste my coffee money...

If you are so flexible, why call yourself a TopChinese? KNS

Once I was in Bangkok sauna and met a rather cheeky Thai man. He asked me whether I am a 'king' or 'queen' in bed. I almost want to tell him I am a 'prince lah'

hahaha, it means King = Top and Queen = Bottom :lol:

Prince = too young to know it :oops:

I think, early thread posted by Clementi quite good in explaination such as each country has it unique in describing for top-bottom-flexy.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

I'm glad my sexual partners are not as rigid as you. You will be a disappointing person to know... seem like such a nice guy but inflexible when it comes to sex.

Having coffee with you while you are thinking "Must fxxk! Must fxxk". Waste my coffee money...

Hi TopChinese,

I had alw liked ur posts esp those peppered with some sense of dry humor, so I will read this post as one of ur attempts at wit, with no malice intended.

I am every bit as nice as what my nick suggests so there is little to worry that ur $$$ will be wasted if we decide to have a small tete-a-tete over coffee. I see myself as a rounded person capable of exercising different aspects of critical thinking and analysis. I bring to the table more than just raw sex.

Anyway, the crux of this thread is how best to define what a pure top is. As can be seen from the various arguments, all posters have differing ideas what this animal should be.

Jus picking a random example, Boya says he is a pure top now, but nonetheless, still willing to let another more manly guy top him if the latter proves his worth. Not all readers will agree tat Boya is a pure top. PSS rightly pointed out that Boya is probably a flex.

I reckon, relative to Boya himself, he is pretty sure that he is a pure top but in the public court of BW, he is not.

The thrust of my post is to agree with the poster whose parameters most accurately capture, and with sufficient definitional moorings, wat a pure top is objectively. In this spirit, I was bought by those arguments put forth by Mr LookingGood and agreed with him wholeheartedly.

To draw conclusion that I am inflexible and a sex-crazed btm who screamed to be fxxked is a classical case of a non-sequitur. Wouldn't u agree ?

That said, lest I be misunderstood again, there is nothing grand abt any position anyone chooses to be in. Neither is superior to the other. Such labelling is irrelevant to the act of sex if both parties enjoy the company of the other.Tops and bottoms play symbiotic roles and is the equivalence of the yin and yang in the straight world.

Like my guiding motto in life, "U live ur life, do what makes u comfortable"

Peace Brother TopChinese.

You get more things done with sugar than with vinegar.

For me, when I top someone, I do have a "dominating" feel when I enters him. While I was told by my partner that when they become bottom, they relinquish their control and give me control. Simply put, when a top top's his bottom, there is some element of domination and submission.

But then, how can I feel like a top without a bottom? It would be like a bolt without a nut. So, does that means, top is better than bottom? I think not. I treasure my partner and the time I have with him/them.

Top or btm, pure or not, as long as you guys enjoy yourself and you are happy with whatever arrangements; Own time own target, carry on. :D

Anyway, the crux of this thread is how best to define what a pure top is. As can be seen from the various arguments, all posters have differing ideas what this animal should be.

Thanks for the response Nice... appreciate your sentiments in making your position in this matter.

My issue is with men who consider themselves to be exclusively anally active. IE the "pure tops" that is and will only have sex with another man by fxxking the other man.

Of course, being very PC, I have to say I respect their preferences in sex and all that.

On a personal level, I find the inflexibility very disturbing and often translates to other aspects of their character. Most of these "pure tops", in asserting their desires to dominate and fxxk you, often have no regard for your sexual pleasure and your well being. You are just another manhole for their orgasm. Nothing more.

On the flip side, I also call myself a top. I enjoy having my cock inside another man. But I value their pleasure in enjoying having my cock inside him. He isn't just a piece of meat to me. And yes I will do everything to give my man pleasure. If he is flexible and likes to play with my ass, I will put up with it even if I don't enjoy it because I know he will enjoy it.

Sex is not a clear cut case of top = superior, bottom = inferior. For that you should return to the Roman days. There is no such thing as a "pure top". Just a top that is selfish and ungiving and the rest of us.

Sometimes I wish the sauna management can implement an identification system where you can straight away tell if that person is a top, bottom or versatile without us doing much of the guessing work when cruising. Maybe they would consider issuing towels embossed with T, B and V letters. Often one ends up with the wrong guy. Sauna managers, are you listening?

Ha ha, same problem. Some guys even thought I lie being btm to avoid having sex with them. I usually don't bother to convince them though not nice to be consider liar. I only need to convince the tops. Any top worth my time will Know how to test my hole. I just like being dominated before opening my legs.

The towel identification system is worth a try lah. It certainly saves you a lot of wasted hunting time, hunting what you think is a sure top hunk but who ends up being just a muscle queen and a bottom no less.

Allow me to share my idea...

Top (ie only fcuc) = blue

Bottom (ie allow to be fcuked) = red

Wear both if you can f or be f.

I think quite simple.

But would it loose the fun of cruising when things get speed up.

Guest love machine

No ah. The cruising wont be less fun. In fact it will be easier for you to zero in on a target. Just that it can be quite discouraging to see 20 people wearing red (bottom) and only 2 wearing blue (top). Dont you think so? :D

how if they don't even know which role they are into ( never try anal sex before ) or they are new to this circle dunno this & dunno that? I even met a guy in 17 before, after going to the room he just say that he just seek people for chat, what the fxxk, chat ask me to go room for what :swear:

wonder anyone met someone in sauna that not into oral or anything, just touch touch & jo only :swear:

after going to the room he just say that he just seek people for chat, what the fxxk, chat ask me to go room for what 

wonder anyone met someone in sauna that not into oral or anything, just touch touch & jo only 

I did meet 2 or 3 cuties like that in sauna before.. i was just speechless.. so after examining the goods, I just told them I need to go wee wee and went on with my merry rounds. No point wasting precious time.

wonder anyone met someone in sauna that not into oral or anything, just touch touch & jo  only :swear:

Yes, of course i did encounter such guy there.

Once i met a guy who asked me to enter a cubicle with him. While inside, he resisted to kiss and not into oral as well. I tried to finger him, and he resisted too.

Then i asked him what he preferred. He smiled and shook his head. He just want to hug me to sleep besides him. Funny rite ? <_<

Like they said, tops are hard to find. Good tops are even harder to find. I go sauna and maybe one out of 5 visits do I get anally satisfied.

The other times just sit and wait and waste lots of money. Then sometimes meet people who only want to touch and talk. Talk can but definitely won't go into room with them because have to watch for tops hehe.

These are mostly new birds or scared closet cases. I like to gross them out so they will leave haha.

Favorite tactic is to describe how I like getting fxxked, tell them what is doggie style, ask them why tops like to beat my backside? Most looked at me grossed out that I am such a slut. But surprisingly a few got more curious, ask more questions and even want to watch.

Got 1 even fxxked me because he thought I am bluffing. Lousy fxxk really for me but he said great fun for him. Maybe he'll be a great top with experience.

Guest artemov

I also have trouble finding tops in saunas.

Either tops are a rare commodity, or I am more attractive to bottoms! :(

If I got a salah number at a sauna, I will just do hj, bj, or we will talk and chat lor :) Haha.

• 2 months later...
c'mon get real. the concept of 'pure top' is only a fantasy. haven't u guys heard that 'todays top will be 2morrow's btm" ? u can only claim to be a pure top for a period and this period usually come with a validity period. those btms who believe they can find a pure pure top will only end up having their pure bubbles burst when eventually they find their tops getting nailed by someone more manly than them.

but for me, now, after experiencing both roles, i can only conclude for myself tat i enjoy being a top than offering my arse to another guy. the psycological and physical pleasure are just not there lor.

does this non-existent 'pure' concept also apply to pure btms? i dunno. maybe the proclaimed 'pure' btms' can enlighten us :B)

How true !! I was supposed to be pure top but only for one year. Some tops want to convert me and I tell them to fly kite. Then one day, don't know why I am like put voodoo spell by this man. He looked handsome but not that handsome enough but he kept telling me how he fxxked men till they cry like women. I immediately asked him how, but slowly and slowly from asking became trying then...before I knew it, he's inside me and I am like in trance, I feel a little pain and a little peasure but not cry like woman for sure. After that regret and never call him again.

After that went steady with a married man till one day he surprised me and caught me in bed fxxking another man. I thought he don't mind but he immediately split with me. Maybe I treated him like easy fxxk and never mind.

Then one day at the supermarket, this beefy guy was obviously cruising me, so flattered...supermarket also got people cruise me...well finally we went to his 3 room flat. He seemed like some blue-collar worker...beefy but a little tummy and a little younger than my 30s. Saw photos of his wife and kids...fine...another bottom married man like the last one.

Ended up in bed and he's acting dominant..the way he grabbed me...the strength he pushed my legs apart...the way we do arm wrestle as foreplay and he won...slowly slowly...I stopped resisting quietly and he entered me...the look on his face is so damn confident and proud for having nailed me...I told myself to forget my pride and imagine a Jap p--n like this type...slowly slowly I started to feel my nipples getting sensitive as he played with them...

Soon I started to feel some nice feeling swelling over my body...then instead of acting like dead fish, I started to claw at him and moving my butts...he started talking dirty to me and I didn't mind...finally he came and he sucked me off.

After that we became steady...we get really sleazy...he calling me and telling me he missed my cheeby and my cock stand. I keep thinking about getting fxxked by him that that I went to his flat twice a week...I was so worried that I get addicted to being fxxked that I tried fxxking someone but middle of it, I think of him and my cock went limp..

Then one day I found him fxxking another man...my god I felt so betrayed...I mean I gave my pride to him and let him treat me like a prostitute and...and all those sleazy things we do...before that I thought it was sexual bonding...but after seeing him fxxk another man I felt really used like tissue and tossed away...I was just a good fxxk to him...

Unfortunately I wanted him more than he wanted me so I forgave him. After that he changed..he even brought an old man to fxxk me and then sometimes friends stay overnight too..some join in to fxxk me...some are bottoms and he fxxked us both...some just watch free show...

Till one night he brought home a very sissy guy and fxxked us both and the jealous look of that sissy guy made me wonder...now I'm competing with him to get fxxked??? Then my heart sank further when he told the sissy guy how he made me moan like him and my cheeby not as tight as his...

That's it..I grabbed my things and went straight home..within 2 days I was dying to call him to apologise...then I received a call from my ex-married bf and he wanted to show me something...well I owed him something for being an asshole last time so I agreed for him to come over...thought I tried to make it up by having sex with him or something..

Well he came by and brought a video tape and I was shocked that it showed me being fxxked at B's place...A threatened me and told me to watch while he commented on my slutty performances. I felt so small...I never thought that I really would do those sleazy things...worse than p--n tape...I always acted like a macho guy in front of A and he always said he liked my manliness..now he said...give him money he also won't have sex with an ah gua....cumpot...slut..jian ren..ni ren..

After that I threatened him back to tell his wife then he quietly returned me the tape and confessed that he paid B money to convert me...but after that I "shong san men" everytime, he never need to pay and B also enjoyed converting me..but the part of friends fxxking me actually was his ideas since I liked it so much.

After that I already given up pretending anymore...from experience most tops still want me to act macho and they feel proud like the way B looked the first time he entered me..then I realised that he don't have that look when he had friends over...I wnet through the video tape and surprised myself that I didn't hear him calling my cheeby being overused...telling his friends...never mind lah..he any man also can one...you can ask that old man...

Now I am pure bottom and really no choice.

Guest Guest

i have met 1 guy before at the ex-The Box. This cute guy cruised me and he just do heavy petting w me...i dont mind coz i like it. the whole session was like 30 mins or longer of simply kissing in the dark corner...never did i once talk to him and i enjoy the whole session.

another one is simply hugging in the dark. hug and touch and den JO for him...during the skin night. shiok too.

sometimes no bj and anal is quite fun coz u feel safer.

The Japanese slang for TOP is ‘Tachi’ which literary means masculine or butch (for Lesbian) and for BOTTOM is ‘Neko’ literally means ‘Cat’. Why ..... not sure? Maybe BW member Andy@Tokyo could explain this or WA in Wikipedia Katakana?  :thumb:

So whether TOP, BOTTOM, FLEXY, TOP FLEXY, BOTTOM FLEXY, ACTIVE, PASSIVE, ATAS, BAWAH pls get the right gay slang where ever you are and enjoy both of you and your loved one  :thumb:

HIhi

Actually for bottom the opp. of タチ(Tachi) is ウケ(uke) 受け。 and flexi is リバ short form for reversible. neko or cat is just a symbol or image of japanese on bottom.. so they associate btm with cats.

i need to ask more from the japanese to find out

sry i didnt read this till today

Similar case too, when I was in Jakarta on business trip and I called a masseur and asked him whether he is ‘Atas’ (literary translated from Top) or ‘Bawah’ (Bottom) and the fellow could not understand, apparently they used the slang ‘active’ and ‘passive’ and I am not sure what they called for ‘flexy’ ……. :oops: ?? Maybe 'Atas' boleh, Bawah boleh = Semua boleh ;)

hahahahahahaha

semua boleh (all can)? hahahahahha

ok that cracked me up for the whole day...

:D:P:) :whistle:

erm

so far... in my own terminology i simply use "boleh main?" (can play?)

since i dun use labels for myself... i don't really know the terms used.

although in KL "anak ikan" (small fish / fry) refers to twinky money boys types.

:blink:

• 8 months later...
Guest Wonder

Just to qualify, i m pure top. But not sure if u guys noticed or am i wrong...in Asia (generally speaking...) there are a lot more bottoms than tops. In Europe and the US, there seems to be more tops than bottoms. Always wondered why this is the case. I have no problems getting bottoms in Asia, but it Europe and US, its rarer commodity...

Just to qualify, i m pure top. But not sure if u guys noticed or am i wrong...in Asia (generally speaking...) there are a lot more bottoms than tops. In Europe and the US, there seems to be more tops than bottoms. Always wondered why this is the case. I have no problems getting bottoms in Asia, but it Europe and US, its rarer commodity...

True. I can testify that becasue in the local saunas, 9 out of 10 are bottoms or prefer to be bottoms even they are flex.

And on top of that the local tops are fxxking unskillful and unsafe. Many just fxxked without a condom. The others weared a condom but dun lube up! These fxxking bastard should be gang rape without any lube so that they know how painfully fxxking without lube for the bottoms.

Also 90% of the top cannot get hard or cannot last over 5mins. Most have pre-mature ejaculation.

In Asia bottoms are most frustrated by these so claimed "super-hot"!

Also the local tops are fxxking small in size, many are only 4ins and 1in diameter hardly can satisfy the asshole.

No wonder many bottoms are turning to ang mos or indians, but not chinese.

True. I can testify that becasue in the local saunas, 9 out of 10 are bottoms or prefer to be bottoms even they are flex.

How does one testify to such claim unless you have made some survey by asking everyone in all the saunas. Please don't make claims that you can't substantiate.

And on top of that the local tops are fxxking unskillful and unsafe. Many just fxxked without a condom.

Another ridiculous claim. Have you tried every local tops? And did everyone tried to fcuk you without condoms?

The others weared a condom but dun lube up! These fxxking bastard should be gang rape without any lube so that they know how painfully fxxking without lube for the bottoms.

There are no rules to say that Top should provide lube. If you are afraid of pain without lube, bring your own lube and lube your ass. Don't be such a fussy pussy when you are fcuked without lube.

Also 90% of the top cannot get hard or cannot last over 5mins. Most have pre-mature ejaculation.

Another claim that cannot be substantiated. Can't understand where does this guy get all his info or did he just simply pluck figures from the sky.

In Asia bottoms are most frustrated by these so claimed "super-hot"!

I think we can see that YOU are the frustrated bottom.

Also the local tops are fxxking small in size, many are only 4ins and 1in diameter hardly can satisfy the asshole.

Yet another claim which cannot be substantiated. As if you have measured all Tops in Sg. Size is relative. It could be that the hole to too big even for the biggest of dixk.

No wonder many bottoms are turning to ang mos or indians, but not chinese.

I think many of the Chinese tops reading your post would have been glad that you decided to go for indians and "ang mos". Personally, I would not even want to go near a bottom like you when your mouth is where your ass is, so full of shit.

Guest artemov
GM - you and I should conduct a bottom certification course or something... like GCSE O levels for aspiring gays who want to be fxxked. Must pass then can play backside.

And why the fxxk do you think you are qualified?

Guest artemov

And how long have you fxxked around in the US and Europe?

And "how does one testify to such claim unless you have made some survey by asking everyone in all the saunas. Please don't make claims that you can't substantiate."

Guest Spinning Top
GM - you and I should conduct a bottom certification course or something... like GCSE O levels for aspiring gays who want to be fxxked. Must pass then can play backside.

And why the fxxk do you think you are qualified?

Angry lazy bottom lashing out. :lol:

Guest Spinning Top
Just to qualify, i m pure top.  But not sure if u guys noticed or am i wrong...in Asia (generally speaking...) there are a lot more bottoms than tops.  In Europe and the US, there seems to be more tops than bottoms.  Always wondered why this is the case.  I have no problems getting bottoms in Asia, but it Europe and US, its rarer commodity...

And how long have you fxxked around in the US and Europe?

And "how does one testify to such claim unless you have made some survey by asking everyone in all the saunas. Please don't make claims that you can't substantiate."

Excuse me, is this place a scientific journal or a gay forum? Must always have proof from a survey meh? Cannot generalise and give opinions?

I had scrolled through your 300 over posts and you had generalised quite a bit yourself. If everyone were to ask everyone for a scientific proof of what they said then this place would turn into an endless abyss of arguments.

Think about it.

Peace.

Guest artemov
Angry lazy bottom lashing out.? :lol:

Aiyoh, be a man and login with your username lah.

Want to be a top and yet act more gu niang than most bottoms I know.

And whats the deal with all these tops having the word "top" in their nicks, as if being a top defines their identity. Sad.

Guest artemov
Excuse me, is this place a scientific journal or a gay forum? Must always have proof from a survey meh? Cannot generalise and give opinions?

I had scrolled through your 300 over posts and you had generalised quite a bit yourself. If everyone were to ask everyone for a scientific proof of what they said then this place would turn into an endless abyss of arguments.

Think about it.

Peace.

In case you too thick (in the head that is) to notice, I cut and paste the entire phrase from any other post here. Haha.

Guest Broken Top

Think about it.

Peace.

In case you too thick (in the head that is) to notice, I cut and paste the entire phrase from any other post here. Haha.

And mine was a subterfuge attempt to inquire not only from you why people here cannot opined about what they perceived with producing scientific satistics which we all know can be manipulated to deceive.

Me thick "head", you sweet bottom? :)

Guest shitty dick

Smelling of shit from asshole is better than blowjobbing a dick that just got out from someone else shithole....right? I'm sure many tops like the bottoms to suck their shitty dick bcos many bottoms are slutty and dirt cheap....ever ready to suck anything that comes their way. After all, instead of washing away the shit after fxxking, the tops reckoned the bottoms will do auto-cleaniing for them with their mouths.

eh, think we all make generalisations sometimes but they are usually that, general observations or what is common perception. but when we over-generalise, then we are guilty of overstating a fact or misrepresenting what is common knowledge.

however, if you are prepared to stand by what you write and have the means or ability to convince us, no one can say we are wrong lor.

i think g-m did ask for some clarifications about how you arrived at your conclusions. either you convince him or you have to contend that you may over-generalised lor.

Peace.

so naive comment as ur head too mich shit :swear:

Think about it.

Peace.

With regards to your reply, although this is INTERNET and this is a FREE FORUM.

But I thought its is normal and good that one takes responsible of what he had comment. No I am not saying you are not responsible.

But shouldn't one be able to substantiate his comments, arguments, or thoughts, by referencings and quote as to where and how about the conclusions are derived? I know this is not an essay which one do in his bachelor degree, but isn't that a basis for discussions?

Moreover, i have went thru Arte posts and i saw none of it is generalising. Moreover, you can just escape respobsible, for you are not registered.

I know this is s thread on smelly ass, couldn't help.

Cheers ;)

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Guest hahaha
Do you know that when shit mixes with KY, the result is that thick smelly sticky Nutella like goo and can be really disgusting and turning off. This is even more obvious when the bottom had just taken a shit before sex.

Thanks for making me lose my tea. My waistline thanks you for getting me off that jar of Nutella in the pantry

haha... I love TC's comment.. so nice and light hearted like this forum shd be... why is everyone so upight so early in the year???

Thanks TC for showing us the humour...muackz from me... another top who admires you in a non-sexual way

Guest Cannot Top Anymore

"Moreover, i have went thru Arte posts and i saw none of it is generalising."

Are you sure? :D

Even Mr Artemov himself, smart fellow as he is, dared not make that remark. Apparently some time back, he himself had made the same remark that true tops are hard to find. If you had READ ALL HIS POSTS, I am sure you would not had missed that. :D

If someone want to be picky, one can always asked what is the basis for that comment? Was a survey done for him to justify his remark?

This is a forum where people gather to share information, gossip, make friends, share opinions or comment on anything gay related or not.

An opinion is just some one's personal view. An educated man knows that. He can challenge and rebut that man's view, but he can't challenge him if he had conducted a survey, or have a scientific basis for his views. So what if he did not? The comment was just a personal opinion.

For example, if I had said "I think 9 out of 10 people in an Asian sauna are bottoms," that is my personal opinion. An educated way to challenge that opinion is to give your own opinion why you disagree.

However if I said, "Studies have shown 9 out of 10 people in Asian saunas are bottom," someone then can then justifiably asked what study am I quoting from? Did I do a survey myself?

There are many ways to discuss issues. In an informal setting like BW, I think people can be more relaxed and easy going.

There are just my personal views so for those surveys hunters, please take it with a pinch of salt. LELAX lah.

Guest gammaguy

actually solution is pretty simple. if tops want to avoid having that shit out of anal, why can't they clean up the btms. what most tops want is fxxk and go. what btms want is to be fxxked and go... machiam fast food.

• G_M changed the title to How does anyone determine their role in bed ? - Are You Top, Btm Or Flexi? Which Role Should I Be? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.