Male HQ

Ayurveda Massage Recommendation (compiled)

Guest Ayurveda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a very BAD experience at OM Vedic Center at 43 Tessensohn Road.

I made appointment by telephone for 1 hour body massage and asked especially for Mr Rahman.

When I arrived in the room, the weather was hot, the aircon didn't work (he said that it can't be turned on during massage - then why install it there?) and the lighting was bright & harsh instead of dimmed like the usual massage place.

Despite that, the massaged started of rather well. I also like the hardwood massage bed that I found it new & interesting experience.

Half-way throughout the massage, he asked me to face up and started to massage my head from behind.

That's how things became really wrong. Once he was behind me (I couldn't see him), he just made circling movements on my hair with his hands, sometimes with just one hand, and very often stopped completely. It wandered aimlessly for what I felt forever, and I started to feel something was not right.

It was after that that I discovered that HE WAS PLAYING WITH HIS IPHONE while massaging my head from behind!!! (There was a small table above my had where he put his iPhone, and while the light was bright I could still see the reflection of the screen). When I asked him why he stopped so often during the head massage and he looked caught and replied with stutter some incomprehensible answers.

My suspicion was further proven that while I was having a shower after the massage, I saw him playing with his iPhone again (this time openly).

I found his attitude was very disrespectful & highly inappropriate. It was a very disappointing experience especially when you had a high expectation.

Furthermore, the moment I stepped in at OM Vedic and the time I got back on the road, it took only total 55 minutes! That includes waiting for him to appear (5 minutes), filling in the form (5 minutes), undressed, waiting for him to come again, showering (I took a long shower), getting dressed, and completing the payment (5 minutes). That makes the massage itself, like, 30 minutes???

If the management or Mr Rahman himself reading this, please understand that I am very sad and disappointed that you do not respect me as client and please do not do that to other customers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried the same massage at Tessensohn road. My experience wasn't pleasant as well. When I first entered the air-conditioned place, one of the shophouses along Tessensohn Rd opposite Civil Service Club, a very strong and pungent smell overwhelmed me. Well, scent is very subjective but it wasn't pleasant to me. I was greeted by the male therapist himself and a female receptionist who asked me if I learnt about their package. That wasn't quite welcoming to talk about signing up packages right from the beginning.

Then I was led to a private room. It was quite spacious and with an attached shower room. The hard wooden bed is something new and I thought it was necessary since they need to apply lots of oil on my body and so it doesn't make sense to use the normal massage bed. Next, I was asked to wear a disposable undie. It was kind of embarassing as I had not seen the shape of that disposable undie before and awkwardly asked the therapist how to wear it lol. He immediately gave me that impatient look and deliberately showed me to put one leg through each side of that undie bounded by just strings. I felt so stupid at that moment -.-". I then asked if he could focus on my legs and shoulder and he said it's full body and did not bother to explain further. He started off the massage by messing up my hair.. then asked me to lie down and started the process of drenching my body with oil. It's literally drenching oil over my body. The long strokes are repetitive and can be quite relaxing. Nothing sensuous but professional massage. However, as I am fully oiled up, there isn't much impact of the massage as he did not apply much pressure except superficial strokes. I was then turned sideways and because the whole bed was oily, I was moving around quite a bit as he massaged me.

After the whole session ended, which I noticed was about 45min only, I went to the shower room to wash up. To my surprise, they used such lousy quality liquid soap that it was impossible to wash off the oil. So I had no choice but to leave the place with my messy hair (fyi, no mirror was found in the entire room) and body full of the unbearable smell. By the way, It is not a norm to go for more than 45min of massage. I asked over the phone if I could book a 90 min session as I thought 45min was too short and the therapist asked if I wanted to torture him. haha. 

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

Coolbriz,

You got a typical ayurvedic massage. The massage is not meant to be deep tissue. Its all about the herbs in the oils being rubbed into your skin. The massage is usually 45 minutes, and they don't do longer sessions. And yes, the oils are very thick so it usually takes 2-3 showers before the stickiness and smell goes away. I like the smell.

Edited by Traveler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so i went to Amrita back in May while i was visiting Singapore, but this place was closed and there was no one answering phone.. Left with disappointment since their website did not mention anything about the closure, at least at that time (Just checked their website again and it says they will reopen in a new place as they were unable to afford the rent, sad)..

Edited by smzyjt

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Massagefan said:

How easy it is to find somewhere where you can be naked for a massage - have had massage before, usually naked but occasionally been given something to wear which spoils the experience for me.

I agree with you. I went for one ayurvedic massage. I felt  that the massage is superb, but I couldn't stand the disposable undies getting in the way,  while the masseur doing long strike messages. I did ask the masseur if I could remove it, but he just said,"It's okay, no problem"... It's just uncomfortable... 

Edited by mandala

21 minutes ago, mandala said:

I agree with you. I went for one ayurvedic massage. I felt  that the massage is superb, but I couldn't stand the disposable undies getting in the way,  while the masseur doing long strike messages. I did ask the masseur if I could remove it, but he just said,"It's okay, no problem"... It's just uncomfortable... 

Difficult if the masseur doesn't want to remove it and you have asked - all you can do is not go back.  On he few times I've been covered I've always found it a bit ridiculous, they have seen me naked (not a problem for me) and on occasion my cock as slipped out.  I just think if they're not comfortable working on a naked man maybe they should try something else.  So still looking for a good nude massage!

Edited by Massagefan
typo

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There is one at Yishun Central Opposite the Polyclinic.  Block 927.

There are 3 male therapists.  One fit, one skinny and one average.  $60/hr.

Stroke are long from shoulders to foot and chest to foot.  Good serious massage.

There is shower in the room for washing away the oil.

Edited by Angdavid
Add more details

On 25/07/2017 at 3:15 PM, Angdavid said:

There is one at Yishun Central Opposite the Polyclinic.  Block 927.

There are 3 male therapists.  One fit, one skinny and one average.  $60/hr.

Stroke are long from shoulders to foot and chest to foot.  Good serious massage.

There is shower in the room for washing away the oil.

I googled and there are 2 at block 927? Which one? What's the name of the shop? Tks

there is this parlor in jb, walking distance from jb city square. the price if not wrong is RM80-RM90 for traditional ayurvedic massage and they also offer othet type of massage. i have yet to tried as last time my visit there was no room.

they call it "ayurvedic clinic", but actually this is a massage parlor

http://www.asianayurveda.net/contactus.html

Edited by cheddr

• 1 month later...
On 02/08/2017 at 8:29 AM, cheddr said:

there is this parlor in jb, walking distance from jb city square. the price if not wrong is RM80-RM90 for traditional ayurvedic massage and they also offer othet type of massage. i have yet to tried as last time my visit there was no room.

Did u try? Who u got? In nude or must wear disposable? Review?

On 2 August 2017 at 8:29 AM, cheddr said:

Any chub masseur?

Just had a 1-hour massage at Amrita with therapist named Shan. First time to get an Ayurvedic massage so I was surprised by how much oil was used lol. Long strokes were used and it was very relaxing. People looking for kneading and hard massage will be a bit disappointed, I think. I was hoping that this Shan was the therapist previous posts were alluding to but no, he would massage near my butt but no sensual massage. There's a shower inside the room and much of the oil was washed off. All in all, it was an okay experience. 

51 minutes ago, Cjd said:

Anyone tried Anantha Ayurvedic Health Care it's on Buffalo road?

also anyone tried the uncle yet at Yishun?

Yup.look for cg.good massage

He makes sure u leave the place without any pain or uncomfy feeling in yr body. Proper massage from head to toe exclude groin.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • G_M changed the title to Ayurveda Massage Recommendation (compiled)