Male HQ

Which Semi Dslr?

simontang

Guest amidst_the_stars

Hi all,

Im stuck between two cameras: Sony Alpha 290 and Pentax kx.

Any professional advice? =/

thanks alot!

PM Meowprince, he is an expert on these kind of stuff. Adios!

PM Meowprince, he is an expert on these kind of stuff. Adios!

:ph34r: :swear: :ph34r:

Simontang,

Just get whichever feels most comfortable in your hands.

By that, you'll have to visit the shops/showroom to feel the camera.

Both brands have their own good and bad. You may want to think about which one offers you more readily available lenses/accessories. Also, whether you have friends who are using the same system - that makes sharing accessories more convenient.

Hope you enjoy your purchase.

Meanwhile,

Amidst_the_Stars -> flame.gif <- Meowprince

Instagram @the_meowprince

• 2 weeks later...

haha paiseh just back from overseas.

erm im not really good at dslr stuff. i duno anything abt the lenses too.

just happen to use my friend's sony A290 n find it good to use. but image cant be seen on the screen n theres no video..

i prefer to have those two, but will be abit more ex.. haix

my frenz said tat if i duno anything abt dslr, i shld jus get a digicam. lol =/

Well, if you want to save the money, yeah, getting a digicam can probably do most of the shots you need. Ask yourself, or you may share here, what you need one for?

It all depends on what you want to do, and how much you really wish to spend. Some folks just buy a dslr for the occasional travel or candid shot with friends, and that can be quite a waste. Yet others just need a pocketable camera to capture kodak moments in their lives (don't really need a dslr for that). Others may buy one to look good - so if slinging a dslr around makes you feel you "look more pro", then by all means, get one... yes for a handful of folks, that is what they want... :wacko: Hahaha.

There are the forums whose mantra is Buy-Buy-Buy, likewise at trade shows and camera shops. Don't go that way. Just think of what you really want to do. ;)

Cheers

hmmm since young i like photography n like to walk around n take pics. but holding a digicam looks abit noob.

cuz when u go esplanade area, u can see many ppl holding dslr, so i feel abit inferior at times. but in terms of pic quality, its much better using dslr. the cons are the weight n size bah. others still ok.

hmmm since young i like photography n like to walk around n take pics. but holding a digicam looks abit noob.

cuz when u go esplanade area, u can see many ppl holding dslr, so i feel abit inferior at times. but in terms of pic quality, its much better using dslr. the cons are the weight n size bah. others still ok.

Ok. What kind of budget are you looking at, and what kind of capability do you want to have then?

Oh, unless you intend to print out your photos in sizes or 8R or larger, resolution is of little importance nowadays. Consider also the mirrorless ones like Panasonic and Olympus Pen.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Try those that has micro four third lens. Small and portable but yet powerful and lots of lenses to change from. Quality is as good as most dslr.

E.g of micro four third are Panasonic & Sony. Google and find out more.

Wow I didn't know you are into DSLR and photography. What kind of dslr do you have? Mine's just a entry lvl Canon EOS.

I don't own any DSLR. I used to have SLR but I hardly use now. Photography used to be my hobby when I was younger. All the info on micro four third are from HWM magazine and internet.

A good way to find out more about the products you are going to buy is to read up more either from magazine or from special interest group forum online. What you need is time, not necessary money. Most important is knowing what you want.

Guest amidst_the_stars

I don't own any DSLR. I used to have SLR but I hardly use now. Photography used to be my hobby when I was younger. All the info on micro four third are from HWM magazine and internet.

A good way to find out more about the products you are going to buy is to read up more either from magazine or from special interest group forum online. What you need is time, not necessary money. Most important is knowing what you want.

True. I believe that you don't need an expensive dslr body, but it's important to purchase lenses that are compatible with your needs and the type of photos you tend to take.

Maybe you can consider taking it up again? Just a suggestion.