Male HQ

Photography Enthusiasts + Photographer's Group (Compiled)

qiange

Hi all, was browsing the forum and came across this thread. There are some pretty nice pictures in here. I have a mild interest in photography too, though of late I have been in a kind of funk (the rain isn't helping either when I want to chase sunsets) lately, maybe I'll have some inspiration looking in here. Will share some pictures as soon as i discover how to, have no idea how this forum works.

Are you one of the camera photography or the phone photography. (:

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

I shoot film once in a while, and I'd normally do multi-exposures and cross-process where possible. Here are a few scanned from my Velvia100 negs....

0864.jpg

Nice! X-Pro??

"One of the best things about a forum is that it's a place where you can find the most random and outrageous quotes on the internet." - Ghandi

Guest Marad44
photo-sharing session... sit around to view one another's photos/prints and share critiques...
MP, at a time when budding photographers have to cough out big bucks for lessons, your generous gesture will be remembered for a long time to come. My hat off to you! :thumb:

Great shots Wolfe, your talent shows!

Thank you :)

Photography is one of the few things that can take my mind off things, haha. The whole process of taking photos, editing them is somehow pretty relaxing for me, and when you get the shot that you were looking for and it's like, damn, all the time was worth it.

Have a few things I've always wanted to do, but due to financial or other practical reason, I can't do (for now, time lapse, star trails).

This is one of my favourite photos, it's pretty heavily edited to bring it closer to what I saw:

4926251656_62b5e87891.jpg

Hey Wolfe, welcome! Hope you can join us for an outing sometime, and post more photos!

Marad44 - so will you come for the sharing/critique session?

Meanwhile, more photos from me

A couple of infrareds (convert to B&W)

0888.jpg

0889.jpg

and a normal colored (no editing)

0891.jpg

Another cross-processed one, shot using expired Fuji Sensia.

0893.jpg

Instagram @the_meowprince

Guest Marad44
... Marad44 - so will you come for the sharing/critique session?
Thank you MPrince, I am running out of time. Could I take a rain check for after January when I will be back? When is the session?
Meanwhile, more photos from me... A couple of infrareds (convert to B&W)... and a normal colored (no editing)... Another cross-processed one, shot using expired Fuji Sensia.
Stunning takes!

Am looking at late Nov, probably a Friday evening will be better for the sharing session. After work, after school, a nice peaceful cafe in a retro place to chill. Either 18th or 25th Nov.

A shot for a housing project (personal)

0894.jpg

A pair of shots from another recent outing

0895.jpg

0896.jpg

another multi-exposure film scan

0892.jpg

Outings eh, I'm a shy person leh, haha :P I will keep in view first for now, but evening times chilling out at a cafe sounds great.

Sharing a few more photos (all really old photos because I haven't been shooting lately)

far_away_by_arkkysan-d2xjhkk.jpg

distance_by_arkkysan-d2xgfvy.jpg

punggol_beach_panorama_by_arkkysan-d2xh6vu.png

Punggol_Beach_Sunset_Pano_by_ArkkySan.png

Last one has a curved horizon which i didn't know how to correct back then :P

I really love Punggol Beach. Haven't been there in a while, must go visit soon, since you can see sunrise and sunset from one place, which to me is damned awesome.

Edited by Wolfe

Guest Marad44
Am looking at late Nov, probably a Friday evening... Either 18th or 25th Nov.
The dates cut too close to my departure, Mprince. I will pass this time. Thanks anyways.
... multi-exposure film scan
Sounds Greek to me :unsure:. Pray, explain. Edited by Marad44

Guest Marad44
Last one has a curved horizon which i didn't know how to correct back then :P
Wolfe, I didn't see a curvature. Did you correct it? Is it caused by wide angle? How do you correct it?
I really love Punggol Beach... since you can see sunrise and sunset from one place...
I've heard this from a few. Any vantage point?

Speaking of vantage, has anyone done head-on shoots of flight take off at Changi? The Business Park has been mentioned but where exactly?.

Wolfe, I didn't see a curvature. Did you correct it? Is it caused by wide angle? How do you correct it?

I've heard this from a few. Any vantage point?

Speaking of vantage, has anyone done head-on shoots of flight take off at Changi? The Business Park has been mentioned but where exactly?.

It's in the middle part. The last two images were hand-held panoramas. Can't remember how many images made up the first of the two, but the 2nd one was made from 15 images.

As for vantage points, coming from Punggol Road (End), the sun sets on the left side. You will have to go down to the beach and walk towards the end around a slight bend, and as for sunrise the opposite applies. It's much easier now since I think the park has been built up, so there are proper paved paths as opposed to walking on dirt trails and sand now. I thick it has lost a little of it's charm but at least now there is shelter, as opposed to previously where the only shelter was the police outpost and a bus stop.

Punggol_Beach_Sunset_Pano_by_ArkkySan.png Last one has a curved horizon which i didn't know how to correct back then :P I really love Punggol Beach. Haven't been there in a while, must go visit soon, since you can see sunrise and sunset from one place, which to me is damned awesome.

You mean this one? Don't mind if I just download and try to edit it.

You mean this one? Don't mind if I just download and try to edit it.

Go ahead, feel free :P

Back then I didn't know how to correct it in photoshop. fast forward a few years later, I sorta know but too lazy to correct and old image, haha.

BTW sometimes punggol end might smell due to the fumes from Pasir Gudang which is across the strait. Go at low-tide as high-tide can render the beach rather hard to navigate.

As for vantage points, coming from Punggol Road (End), the sun sets on the left side. You will have to go down to the beach and walk towards the end around a slight bend, and as for sunrise the opposite applies. It's much easier now since I think the park has been built up, so there are proper paved paths as opposed to walking on dirt trails and sand now. I thick it has lost a little of it's charm but at least now there is shelter, as opposed to previously where the only shelter was the police outpost and a bus stop.

didnt know about Punggol beach to take sunset photo. i have to try to go there..

i've been to Labrador Park, but they closed the jetty (cant believe it!)..

Die man... after so long neveer use photoshop... totally don't know how to use CS 5... time to go for some courses...

beat me, i've been using cs3 for the longest time.

if i were to asked to use CS4/CS5, i'll be like an old man trying to use microsoft paint for the first time. :wacko:

didnt know about Punggol beach to take sunset photo. i have to try to go there..

i've been to Labrador Park, but they closed the jetty (cant believe it!)..

Been going there for quite some time. Background nothing much, perhaps the distant trees and Pasir Gudang, but there are tons of rocks there for an interesting foreground, good for minimalistic long exposure photos.

There used to be this very good spot for sunrise, with some dead trees and a huge open field. I think that area has been built up already though, which is very sad. I will see if I can find my friend's photo and post that.

Changi Beach, if you can go there is also a very good place for sunrise. At low tide it's fantastic. Haven't been there myself because of it's location (too far to go in the early morning, by the time I get there, the sun will already be rising and very little time to set up). Labrador park is good for sunset, Chinese Gardens can be nice too.

4511080928_bc712b9273.jpg

From my friend. I think the trees have since been either removed or fell on their own and I think there is some construction still going on.

Beautiful place.

Amazing this is a great photo!!

"One of the best things about a forum is that it's a place where you can find the most random and outrageous quotes on the internet." - Ghandi

Yes, Punggol. It's just pretty accessible but I'm not sure if the construction has disrupted some of the beauty. Shall provide a FR the next time I get around to going to Punggol.

You can check out my friend's photostream at:

http://www.flickr.co...otos/hxkenneth/

He has some amazing macro shots as well.

:blink: :blink: what a nice photo collection

Wolfe/jtsc/gmick - Punggol had a lot of nice spots. Just that most of them got replaced by the Sungei Serangoon boardwalk/PCN and the new waterfront park. I've had a chance to shoot a number of them previously, and several were exhibited when the Greendale schools had their official openings. Matilda House was a lovely place until an army of idiots from another forum bashed the place, after which the police actually spot-checked and chased off photography enthusiasts for a period. The lallang fields off the former Old Fishing Port Road are gone too. Below are just some samples off my archives to share.

0910.jpg

0911.jpg

0912.jpg

It you want to shoot beaches, think the turn of the tide's 30-minute window is the best. A sturdy tripod and 30- to 90-second exposures are expected if you want to get the smoky milky look.

0913.jpg

Anyone who goes to Changi Broadwalk will more or less take a shot of that rock. The tree and it are almost as good as the signature of that place.

Yep. Also have a shot of the rock and tree as well :P

if there is a outing, i can go if it's in the evenings after 8pm, though i will have to confirm.

I think Changi Rock is the most photographed rock in Singapore :P

Beautiful photo, though.

And I was stunned by that picture of the ruin's thing you took - never knew it even existed

Actually went to the ruin before but was quite a few years ago but didn't take much. Anyway nowadays I also seldom go shooting. Only join my friends once in a while.

And I was stunned by that picture of the ruin's thing you took - never knew it even existed

if there is a outing, i can go if it's in the evenings after 8pm, though i will have to confirm.

The place is called Matilda House. Used to belong to the maternal grandmother of the Cashin family. You'll find the gravestone of Cashin in a corner of Fort Canning.

I'll be doing the gathering in late Nov. Outing-wise, it'll be as and when my work allows, so may be rather short notice.....

anyone want to go shoot graves?

0916.jpg

or do macro?

0914.jpg

Meow Prince, do you mind if I post this here? We need a full time photographer's assistant for a well-known Singaporean photographer. I was wondering if anyone in your group or reading these posts would be interested or might know someone who was. PM me if so. Thanks and don't mean to hijack the thread.