Male HQ

IT Show 2007 Special Topic 8th to 11th Suntec

oralb

went to suntec yesterday, it was CROWDED

for those driving better luck at finding carpark as all available lots are filled. (btw i think the hotels kept lots for their guest)

MS and Sony have a floor, the misc shops and brands are housed in another level, which is where the "groin to butt" or G2B happens.

Continued on ikutube link (wow upgraded from toliet cleaning to flyer distributing, in no time you will move up to CEO)

check out this list before you buy anything

http://asia.cnet.com/itshow/07/checklist.htm

pretty informative.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued on ikutube link (wow upgraded from toliet cleaning to flyer distributing, in no time you will move up to CEO)

Distributing flyers is for extra income ler - It's low pay at the toilet department :D CEO?, hmm, will be a long trip plus boss toooo straight for me to do anything special.

Wow, you really went? Bought anything?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

IkuTube, you're a new member ah and already so popular. Welcome hor.

Err, old duck lah but trying so hard to be young. Or what the straight pple might say "Old c**t act tight" Oops :D

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Those who are looking for external hdd, and especially if you often downloading, there are few booths offering a very attractive low price external hard disk.

Some booths:

1. Abscom Peripherals Distribution, Booth 6621 Hall 6

2. Bizgram Pte Ltd, Booth 6211 Hall 6

There is also good bargain for flash memory and RAMs at Best Bargain booth.

Go check it out!

Wow, you really went? Bought anything?

unfortunately nope,

slutty ans: the crowd isnt big enough to do G2B but yet big enough to make my shopping desire go down the drain.

serious ans: not enough time, was just passing by there en route to Suntec office

Guest Guest

The web site of IT show 2007 is terribly bare in content, It is certainly good if a on-line catelogue is to provide. imiaging of the crowd can discourage me from visiting even with promise of 20% discount. With a on-line catelogue, I can sit in my comfortable chair to browse and compare price. once list of booths compiled. I will the drop by the exhibition hall. At the end of the day, it is a pleasant shopping expperiences counted and raise customers re-visit %.

The organiser should thing about to use this marketing strategy for next event.

that's the thing, they know IT show goings are there for discounts, so no need to do so much on the website.

it is different from shows like Communicasia where business buyers are targeted, hence they will do more on the online info.

My god, it was a long and tiring walk from City Hall all the way to the exh hall. So be warned. And prepare to trudge up many escalators that didnt seem to work. I think there're just too much human traffic and they are just switching off all the up-riding escalators to prevent breakdown. In any case, everybody walks hurriedly with a determined look on their face and I was there this afternoon at 3pm and already there's a hugh crowd. Mostly teenage kids.

Either the economy is good or everyone is loaded, it seems as if everyone is just spending and spending. Longest queue and I suppose the best bargain can be found at Best Bargain booth at the top floor (the right side of the massive hall). That's where you can shop for various IT accessories. The middle floor is where all the heavyweight companies like Dell, Acer. Asus, etc, are found. There're just so many people sometimes you have to wait to catch the attention of the salemen. I got all the brochures I wanted and checked up the offers and will patiently wait until this Sunday for my purchase. The lowest floor is mainly Microsoft's arena (where they're showing their latest Vista Wow software) with Singtel booth at the side. So happy shopping!

bought a external harddisk, or rather a harddisk and a external casing, but it does not tap the power directly from the PC via USB, instead need to plug the adapter directly to the power point. Is that normal?

Yes, this is normal. Infact, it is better that the hard disk is externally powered, though connected to your PC via USB.

You need to format your new hdd before you can use, unless you bought a pre-formatted one.

kaypoh here .. what brand, size and how much did u get it?

oh, btw after buying, walk a few steps and came by the Seagate/Maxtor stall, selling the Maxtor 160GB external drive at $99, but it is said to be for backup purpose. Not sure what that means. Any difference? :blink:

All hard disks are meant for storage :)

Guest artemov

Just came back from the IT show.

Lotsa people even on a Friday evening .... therefore lotsa G2B action.

Got very exciting when I heard "32 inches" mentioned by some salesmen ... then sianz half when I realized they are talking about LCD monitors :P

Ikutube:

Thanks for the pda recommendations. Saw quite a few there. Brought back the relevant brochures.

first and foremost.

i would like to thank this nice girl at this booth from bell system. because she is very frenly and so i bought this wireless microsoft mouse + free webcam.

although now then i realize why did i buy it since i just recently bought a logitech webcam...

and kinda regret buying that logitech webcam from challenger...

anyhooo....

end up buying that powerex 8 battery charger from eastgear @ 129 with free 8 powerex batteries...

have a feeling u'll get a better deal over sat + sunday...

and den today...

end up buying a razer mousepad... for $27... because i did not wanna buy the mouse... the guy at the razer booth... helped me find a guy who wanna buy a mouse... so he bundled that guy's mouse + my razer exactmat to give both of us a good deal.

i like his attitude and quick thinking as a sales guy. and the guy who bought the mouse kinda cute in a manly IT guy kind of way... hehehehehe

now how i wish i can spend on the pentax k10d....

Was evaluating this few devices:-

MoVix Wifi Media Centre device @ $498 it is a 40GB IDE HDD drive that support :-

- Wireless 802.11g with WEP 64bit and 128bit encryption

- Video, Audio and Photo Playback

- 5.1 Dolby Sound

- up to 1080i HD Video Output, plays, Mpg1, .dat, Mpg2 .vob, Mpg 4 avi, Xvid, Mov, mp4 and WMV9 HD

- RJ45 Ethernet port

- USB port to transfer MP3 songs from thumb drive

- share up to 2 PC via wireless (share folder)

- Composite cable / Component Cable / VGA AV cable

- Optical cable

SnaZio Cinema NAS @ $239 w/o HDD

- 5-in-1 : HD Media Server, Download Station, File Server, FTP Server & Print Server

- Easily archive & share video, photos, music & Data over network

- 24/7 Bit Torrent download of large files

Consus 2.5" CVIX HDD Player OTG @ $119 w/o HDD

- Video, Audio and photo playback

- Supports mpg2(.vob), Mpg1(.dat), Mpg 1/2/4, avi, jpeg, mp3, wav, wma

- USB

- 1GB in around2 mins

- Music Slide show

- Attached with battery to copy data from USB into HDD

Consus 3.5" CVIX Multimedia Player @ $159 w/o HDD

- HDD up to 750GB, supports multi-partition

- LCD display casing

- Video, Audio and photo playback

- Supports mpg2(.vob), Mpg1(.dat), Mpg 1/2/4, avi, jpeg, mp3, wav, wma

- USB

- 1GB in around2 mins

- Music Slide show

Was very tempted to buy the MoVix. But due to it's cost, so did not :D

Then again. Sony PS3 at $799 is also tempting too. :D

Must go and buy 4D and see if can strike and buy what I want. :whistle:

Guest bearish

need advices

am budgeting for purchases in may/june...

LCD 37 HD - is price coming down ?

Desktop with 2gb, geforce card, latest dual chip MB, 160gb, widescreen - which brand to go for? HP/Compaq/Acer?

is it cheaper to get OEM to fix up and buy Vista and ms office separately? (i hate prestalled s/w without the disc)

DVD multi-format player with usb input or multi-card reader, got such player? already got amplifier with 5.1 prologic.

Laserprinter - which brand got the cheapest consumerble cartridge? (recycle also can)

Iku san,

I want to get a digital camera and a colour laserjet. Any recommendation?

Hi GKS,

Hehe, err without telling us your budget, it's a bit difficult to make a recommendation.

1. Digital Camera

I am not much into photography though I am always in favour for Fuji. There is a promo going on at Fuji booth for FinePix A610 @ $199 and if you are to top-up $29, you'll get a starter kit comprising of camera case, 1 gb SD memory card and mini tripod. It's 6.3 megapixel, super CCD with 3x optical zoom. It is supposedly Student's price but I understand the public can get it at that price too. Seen some of the pictures taken from this cam, it looks ok [then again, a picture is just another pic to me :D ]

Fuji is also showcasing their newly launched FinePix Z5fd at $499.

2. Colour Laserjet

I suggest you go down to the IT Fair. There are many printers on offer - now, it is a good time to get one if you are in need of it.

'Brother' has always won award for their printers.

Check Here for more.

Sorry that I can't help you much here.

Hi Bearish,

With so many things in mind, it would be good if you are to go down to the fair. Most of the items that you are considering are being offered at attractive prices there. I don't think most of the prices will go down come May/June.

It was said that Intel will slash prices but it will not be until end of 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter. Then again, it might be hearsay too.

Getting a system from HP/Compaq/Acer means you will not be getting the OS/Software separately. They are always bundled into their recovery disk. Hence, DIY sounds appropriate. Grab some items at the fair first, like RAMs, CD/DVD rom, PSU. Cybermind, one of my favourite IT shops, is also there with some promos.

Check Here for more.

Hi IkuTube and all, i bought my TV!!

Samsung LCD TV 27 inch, $949 nett. Then give $100 Hard Rock Cafe voucher and $80 Robinson vouncher (if you don't want the wall brackets).

Too packed a crowd, no more energy to plough my way thru to Epson for my A-I-O printer... shall try again on Sunday... :P

Koh Samui, I need u...

Try to have some spare cash. Some special items on offer are cash term only. I was around that booth where they had the red iight half-hour special offer. Rushed to snap that piece of paper for a Toshiba flash drive 1GB for only $19.00 and realised only got $4 in my wallet. :oops: And the cashier said cash only so I didnt buy it. Will try on Sunday.

Was evaluating this few devices:-

MoVix Wifi Media Centre device @ $498 it is a 40GB IDE HDD drive that support :-

- Wireless 802.11g with WEP 64bit and 128bit encryption

- Video, Audio and Photo Playback

- 5.1 Dolby Sound

- up to 1080i HD Video Output, plays, Mpg1, .dat, Mpg2 .vob, Mpg 4 avi, Xvid, Mov, mp4 and WMV9 HD

- RJ45 Ethernet port

- USB port to transfer MP3 songs from thumb drive

- share up to 2 PC via wireless (share folder)

- Composite cable / Component Cable / VGA AV cable

- Optical cable

continue to our conversation earlier not worth it, you are paying much more for the wireless features, which IMO is great if you are sharing the HDD space.

as you are only using to download the files from the PC/ laptop to ext HDD so that you can watch it on TV, you are better off unplugging the ext HDD from your PC and then to your TV, faster and save $$$

the size is only 40GB, pretty small

Well, for me, the only problem with the portable HDD types; although it cheaper, it only offer mediocre sound and mediocre video quality.

MoVix's have much better feature than the portable HDD type, but it still pale in comparison with Pixel Magic's Mediabox, which has every feature which I would like to have.

The price is also a little on the higher side too. I think it is about $500+ without the Harddisk. Some company carried it during the IT show last year.

Well, at that price, I would rather consider Sony's PS3 or Nintendo's Wii game console.

Shit, I am weak when I have to choose between tech stuff. :D

Rushed to snap that piece of paper for a Toshiba flash drive 1GB for only $19.00 and realised only got $4 in my wallet.  :oops:   And the cashier said cash only so I didnt buy it. Will try on Sunday.

If i am around, I will get one for you.Provided you inform me that you are ed.( dont have to show me how you erected! :lol: Always have faith in you. :)

Should BW company setup shops in Computer fair do you think we should have bright rainbow flags flying?  :D

If this happens:

Committee

1. Manager : Mr Guchi_Muchi

2. Logistics Manager: Mr Erection day

3. Marketing & Finance Manager : Mr Oral B

4. Promotion Crew Co-ordinator: Mr Dragonboater

5. Online Telecast Production Producer : Mr Bukit Panjiang

6. IT Manager : Mr Iku san

[ General Enquiry : Mr Iku san

Gaming Devices and Multimedia : Mr GM

Digital Cam : Mr wrx_sti_22]

7. Security Manager: Mr TopChinese

8. Lost and Found : Mr Chubbylover

9. Special Programme Artists: Worldangle/ Buaya/ Red Be@n Soup/

Andy@tokyo / skylancer

Invited Artisits : Gaysha/ frogprince/the winner of the BW karaoke competition

Special duet appearance : Boy jo at carpark & HK performer who jo in Bus :clap:

10 Pom-Pom dancers co-ordinator: Blow team : Mr Thaiboyz/ Wind Crew : Mr fido dido & FRbeach dancers

VIP : Master Lungker

9. Special Programme Artists: Worldangle/ Buaya/ Red Be@n Soup/Andy@tokyo / skylancer

Hahaha GKS, I am together with Buaya/ Red Be@n Soup/Andy@tokyo / skylancer would perform 'strip tease' dance :oops: :blink:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Hahaha GKS, I am together with Buaya/ Red Be@n Soup/Andy@tokyo / skylancer would perform 'strip tease' dance  :oops:   :blink:

Title:Matrix Triology.

Could be solo or in group and/or both of the above.

I do not want to limit your creativity. However, special clearance with GM before going ahead to perform if violance and sexual content involved.

BM image is important.

harddick wrote:

Intend to look for a hardick (ops - it is hardisk). Which brand or how many GB should I go for? Looking for external type.

Personally, for external use, any known brand is considered good - Western Digital, Seagate/Maxtor. HDD is rather cheap now. Best value would be a bigger size with promo price.

Depending on your budget, the bigger the dick, oops disk is, the more you can store. Next, whether you want the external casing to be just a simple usb or with firewire, and ide or sata.

Rah wrote:

Though of buying a wireless router...... Duno which one to buy?? dry.gif Anyone got any suggestion ?? biggrin.gif

Err, for a simple use, Linksys WRT54G should be ok. And when you upgrade the firmware with 3rd party, this simple router works wonder.

Alternatively, if you are gaming/torrenting, consider D-Link DGL4300.

Guest@8.45am wrote:

Iku Tube saw you and a chub in the computer show last night.I do know you are into chub I thought you like uncles ha ha

Err, IkuTube was home throughout the nite watching prawns leh :D

To Gachi

Haha, make u itchier:

Cool Stuff: Sarotech Multimedia Player

Here is the special promo.

Not sure if the shop is having a booth at IT show. It is available at IT Image, SLS #06-73.

Hope you strike 4D today! and hurry to IT Fair tomorrow.

(Gosh, you guys don't sleep one ah?)

To GKS

You have eye for details hor .. *impressive* :)

Err, for a simple use, Linksys WRT54G should be ok. And when you upgrade the firmware with 3rd party, this simple router works wonder.

Get the WRT54G or WRT54GL and flash the firmware with DD-WRT v23 SP2

This 3rd party router firmware provides the most stable platform for your Linksys router. But not all Linksys routers are supported. To check if your router is supported, click here

For info on installation, go here

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

To Gachi

Haha, make u itchier:

Cool Stuff: Sarotech Multimedia Player

Here is the special promo.

Not sure if the shop is having a booth at IT show. It is available at IT Image, SLS #06-73.

Hope you strike 4D today! and hurry to IT Fair tomorrow.

(Gosh, you guys don't sleep one ah?)

Ikut-san :D

I've seen that model in previous show, but some how not in this show. I think the red model should be interesting enough for me to find out more.

Thanks again.

Wow, you really went?  Bought anything?

unfortunately nope,

slutty ans: the crowd isnt big enough to do G2B but yet big enough to make my shopping desire go down the drain.

serious ans: not enough time, was just passing by there en route to Suntec office

so any1 gt lots of G2B? :D today's crowd should be better and more 'matures'...hehe will be going there later, any1 going to?

hmmm if nothing then maybe drop by DHC.

Guest Guest
Hi Bearish,

With so many things in mind, it would be good if you are to go down to the fair. Most of the items that you are considering are being offered at attractive prices there. I don't think most of the prices will go down come May/June.

It was said that Intel will slash prices but it will not be until end of 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter. Then again, it might be hearsay too.

Getting a system from HP/Compaq/Acer means you will not be getting the OS/Software separately. They are always bundled into their recovery disk. Hence, DIY sounds appropriate. Grab some items at the fair first, like RAMs, CD/DVD rom, PSU. Cybermind, one of my favourite IT shops, is also there with some promos.

Check Here for more.

tks iku

will check out cybermind at sim lim sometime.

Get the WRT54G or WRT54GL and flash the firmware with DD-WRT v23 SP2

This 3rd party router firmware provides the most stable platform for your Linksys router. But not all Linksys routers are supported. To check if your router is supported, click here

For info on installation, go here

SunDevil is right :)

More Info About Linksys:

It is said that the Version 3 is stable with 3rd party firmware.

To look out for the right version, check on the box the following:

WRT54G

CDF0 = v1.0

CDF1 = v1.0

CDF2 = v1.1

CDF3 = v1.1

CDF5 = v2.0

CDF7 = v2.2

CDF8 = v3.0

CDF9 = v3.1

CDFA = WRT54G v4.0

CDFB = WRT54G v5.0(VxWork) Only DD-WRT micro

CDFC = WRT54G v5.1(VxWork) Only DD-WRT micro

CDFD = WRT54G v6.0(VxWork) Only DD-WRT micro

CDFE = WRT54G v7.0(VxWork) (Cannot be upgrade)

WRT54GL

CL7A = v1.0

CL7B = v1.1

WRT54GS

CGN0 = v1.0

CGN1 = v1.0

CGN2 = v1.1

CGN3 = v2.0

CGN4 = v2.1

CGN5 = v3.0

CGN6 = WRT54GS v4.0

CGN7 = WRT54GS v5.0 (VxWork) Only DD-WRT micro

CGN8 = WRT54GS v5.1

I thought Nero is an Italian mascular handyman doing all kind of odd jobs like transferring large bulky files, burning trash etc.

I thought Oprah is a lesbian talk show host.

I thought Firefox is a heroine in a Chinese Gong Fu drama serial like "Small Lee Flying Dagger" - Siow Lee Fei Tow.

I thought firewire is a weapon used by our heroine Firefox, and firewall is where she sleeps safely.

VIP : Master Lungker

You siao ah!!! :lol::lol::lol:

LOL...seriously, Blowing Wind - the mysterious man who start this forum a decade ago, should be the VIP.

:hat: :smokin:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

You watched too much "Heroes" liow lah, Lungker. :D

Go to the IT Show and let your admirers rub you lah :) I'm sure there are many teochews there.

You siao ah!!!   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

LOL...seriously, Blowing Wind - the mysterious man who start this forum a decade ago, should be the VIP.

I have thought of him. However, he is a married man that I could remembered of correctly.Furthermore, he chosen to be open and vivid in his presentation by remain highly closeted. Let's respect his decision.

Only you. Lately reappear in the gay world.Many people respect you. :thumb:

Thank you for your 重现江湖! :clap: Many new comers need the matured master to guide in order to built their pride towards life and their choice.

Personally, I found it's not easy being gay. :( Let me stop here. otherwise diviated from the theme here. Discuss offline. :unsure:

Just came back from the IT fair- the crowd, as expected, even more horrible than yesterday. Seen some mark down prices already for some Lenovo, HP and Compaq desktop and notebook models (down by at least $100+). So it's worth to wait even until tomorrow to get your purchase. You wont know how much you can save.

重现江湖!

Haha, since I am Chinese illiterate - I can sian China girls (long story) a bit but I can't read, so, to me these four words could mean something like the following:

1) An honorary Oscar for someone old and dying and had never won anything in his life

2) Crazy old man still trying to stay young by hanging out with young and fashionable gay men - actually I prefer someone my age

3) A greeting like what they did in old communist china. A group of children wearing a red bandana (not banana lah Ikutube) shouting "WELCOME! WECOME!", while waving a large handkerchief (not tissue paper).

4) Bottom pretending to be top.

or,

5) Something like this this?

Whatever it mean, thank you.

:hat: :smokin:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.