Male HQ

Gay Coming Out Stories / videos / experiences - Family acceptance and the future (compiled)

tic-toc

Guest PC Warrior

A prominent person who dare to come out of the closet proves he has more guts than timid bitches gossiping behind the closet about him.

Guest HwanWoo
43 minutes ago, Guest PC Warrior said:

A prominent person who dare to come out of the closet proves he has more guts than timid bitches gossiping behind the closet about him.

LOL at all the bitches here.

18 hours ago, LeanMature said:

He can do alot more if he is a member of parliament. 

yap, but I think he got no interest in politics and if he came out now, conservative singaporeans will not support him, so there is really nothing much he can do except appearing in events like PD :whistle:

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest PC Warrior said:

Despite of his family background, he really have the courage to come out of the closet. 

Guest Guest
43 minutes ago, MenBtySpa said:

Bravo to Lee Huanwu...

There is NO RIGHT OR WRONG in LOVEs

Everyone has the RIGHT to Love the person He or She LOVEs

We shall NOT out a person if they were GAY

ONLY HATEs can be RIGHT OR WRONG

ONLY LOVEs and PEACEs

NO WARs NO HATEs

'Only Hates cam be right or wrong'???? What toking you??? What are Loves and peaces????

57 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

'Only Hates cam be right or wrong'???? What toking you??? What are Loves and peaces????

Lol.

my sentiments too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Tonychen
5 hours ago, MenBtySpa said:

Bravo to Lee Huanwu...

There is NO RIGHT OR WRONG in LOVEs

Everyone has the RIGHT to Love the person He or She LOVEs

We shall NOT out a person if they were GAY

ONLY HATEs can be RIGHT OR WRONG

ONLY LOVEs and PEACEs

NO WARs NO HATEs

Worst grammar EVER. 

What I am trying to enpost is LOVE AND PEACE

WHY THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE ARE SO BITCHY AND BITTER

Living as a LGBTQ , WE DO NOT HAVE THE FREEDOM TO LOVE OUR LOVERS OPENLY

WE CAN'T GET MARRIED

WE DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO ENSURE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP ARE LEGAL

OTHERS LOOK US DOWN BUT WHY DO OUR OWN COMMITTEE LOOK DOWN ON US TOO

IF MY GRAMMAR ARE BAD, SO WHAT!!!

I AM NOT APPLYING TO BE AN ENGLISH TEACHER / PROFESSOR OR TO BE OUR PRIME MINISTER

I AM JUST A SIMPLE CITIZEN LIKE YOU AND OTHERS

WHY DO SOMEONE HAS TO PIN-POINTED IN THIS TYPE OF ISSUE

BTW... YOU ARE NOT MY SISTER.... YOU ARE JUST AN ASSHOLE

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY GRAMMAR, SO WHAT - GET A LIFE

YOU LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE AND I LIVE ON MY OWN

I M NOT CROSSING YOUR PATH AND I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO CROSS MY PATH TOO

ONCE AND FOR ALL

MIND YOUR OWN F**KING BUSINESS... YOU ARE NOT MY PROFESSOR

I AM NOT PUBLISHING A BOOK NOR GIVING A SPEECH TO THE WORLD

SOME WILL UNDERSTAND BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS FOOLS AND BITCHES WOULD LIKE TO POKE A NEEDLE INTO SOMEONE'S SKIN

ANYWAY... KUDOS TO LEE HUANWU WHO COME OUT  UNLIKE SOMEONE WHO ARE STILL HIDING IN THE CLOSET AND ACT LIKE AN ANGLE 

QUOTED WHAT BIANCA DEL RIO ALWAYS SAY :- NOT TODAY SATAN 

Guest Guest
On 7/24/2018 at 11:40 AM, Guest PC Warrior said:

He is not prominent at all. 

Guest Curious like you

From their pics, can one assume he is the top and the bf the bottom? The bf looks feminine and and loving, also likely the real clingy type. Look at how he grabbed onto HuanWu’s arm so tightly .... like so scare people will snatch him away. I guess he should be worried as HW is likely very popular with other gays, not just those who truly love him but more those who want to take advantage of his family background and his wealth. In a way pity his bf....always feeling unsecured w HW.

Guest The Gay grandson
22 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

He is not prominent at all. 

Now he is.

Otherwise why everyone pay so 

Much attention here and in social media?

Guest 绍敏郡主
1 hour ago, Guest Curious like you said:

I guess he should be worried as HW is likely very popular with other gays, not just those who truly love him but more those who want to take advantage of his family background and his wealth.

我身为汝阳王之女难道你认为张无忌和本姑娘不门当户对?无忌对本郡主是有着刻骨 铭心的爱,对其他女子是又怕又敬。本郡主以认定他是我终身所属,你妒什么忌?

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, MenBtySpa said:

WE CAN'T GET MARRIED

I AM NOT APPLYING TO BE AN ENGLISH TEACHER / PROFESSOR OR TO BE OUR PRIME MINISTER

ONCE AND FOR ALL

SOME WILL UNDERSTAND BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS FOOLS AND BITCHES WOULD LIKE TO POKE A NEEDLE INTO SOMEONE'S SKIN

ANYWAY... KUDOS TO LEE HUANWU WHO COME OUT  UNLIKE SOMEONE WHO ARE STILL HIDING IN THE CLOSET AND ACT LIKE AN ANGLE 

Hi...do not worry, Professor do not teach at My First Skool.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, MenBtySpa said:

WE CAN'T GET MARRIED

ONCE AND FOR ALL

Look like no more LOVEs and PEACEs now....

Only HATEs can be RIGHT or WRONG.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest The Gay grandson said:

Now he is.

Otherwise why everyone pay so 

Much attention here and in social media?

You have to ask those fools why

What gave u that idea? Yirui is a pretty sane, solid, accomplished individual himself.

16 hours ago, Guest Curious like you said:

From their pics, can one assume he is the top and the bf the bottom? The bf looks feminine and and loving, also likely the real clingy type. Look at how he grabbed onto HuanWu’s arm so tightly .... like so scare people will snatch him away. I guess he should be worried as HW is likely very popular with other gays, not just those who truly love him but more those who want to take advantage of his family background and his wealth. In a way pity his bf....always feeling unsecured w HW.

Guest Fuwar
8 hours ago, wantonmee said:

What gave u that idea? Yirui is a pretty sane, solid, accomplished individual himself.

Thanks for sharing. Am glad to hear from someone who knows Yirui. It is great to have greater visibility for the community through Huanwu and Yirui, and all those who participated in Pink Dot and the photo series by Leslie Kee. This is a good step forward than having the community only appearing in the news when something criminal happen.

I think most people forget that Huanwu and Yirui are in the position to move anywhere they want, get married and even adopt children. Yet, they want to contribute to the local gay community by lending to the voice.

Perhaps their voices are weak and don’t contribute to any meaningful change now but I am in the camp that feels that every step and effort counts. Not every lgbt has the capacity to move to another place and get married to their love ones. Thank you for being part of the movement. 

Indeed, the LBGTQ community badly need positive news coverage in a place like Singapore where news are tightly controlled. In the past the two big local news organisations in SG  carry only negative news items about the LBGTQ persons especially when a crime was committed or when groups of people malingered  us.

As said, they could have moved to a more accomodating place to start a family.

A good test to the ruling party when they shout slogans about "inclusive society".

Be thankful when a person of some weightage comes forward to open doors.

感恩 !

46 minutes ago, gsky said:

Indeed, the LBGTQ community badly need positive news coverage in a place like Singapore where news are tightly controlled. In the past the two big local news organisations in SG  carry only negative news items about the LBGTQ persons especially when a crime was committed or when groups of people malingered  us.

As said, they could have moved to a more accomodating place to start a family.

A good test to the ruling party when they shout slogans about "inclusive society".

Be thankful when a person of some weightage comes forward to open doors.

感恩 !

I believe it's a matter of time before they decide to move out of Singapore.  Already his elder brother is working in US pending a lawsuit in Singapore while his parents are based in HK.  HW has not much left of him in Singapore.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest Wish them luck
1 minute ago, LeanMature said:

I believe it's a matter of time before they decide to move out of Singapore.  Already his elder brother is working in US pending a lawsuit in Singapore while his parents are based in HK.  HW has not much left of him in Singapore.

They will leave right before this ship sinks. I wish them luck for their future endevours. It’s definitely better for them to leave and build an authentic life elsewhere where gays are more fully accepted and integrated in society.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:26 AM, wantonmee said:

On 7/21/2018 at 1:01 PM, Guest Guest said:

I find Yirui very cute ... in the "Out in Singapore" portrait ... nice! Sweet news!!

Yay, I also think Yirui is cuter, even though Huanwu's family is the ruling political body here. xD

I am insanely jealous of their shiba inu though. >:o

I mean, I'm jealous they have suuuuch a cute shiba inu~~~

Screenshot_2016-06-29-06-31-21-1.png

Guest HuanWu admirer...

Yirui where got cute! Aigoooo.... Huanwu more my type..... tall big and gentle looking. Yirui... short ah Beng looking....

anyway just my view. I am sure both are nice people... as long as they love each other! 

On 7/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, LeanMature said:

Singapore is our country, maybe he want to stay to help the LGBT cause. The real reason why he stay is no point guessing best is ask him lol

Guest 脏子姨
Just now, Guest Imaginery Warrior said:

I wonder, any bitchy  PC warriors here as brave as him to come out of the closet?

Don't wonder....you come out. 

Guest don't understand

I don't understand all the hype about him. You are all falling trap to this celebrity hype. Only because he is a grandson of someone who run a certain small tiny island state...His coming out (if it has been one) doesn't change anything on the social situation of gays in Singapore nor has he spoken openly out against the abolishment of Section 377, which discriminates male gays here. For sure he is far better off than most normal gay guys in Singapore because nobody would dare to "touch" him due to the background...

The media due to certain reasons is just using him to paint Singapore as a beautiful country.

If they are honest, then they should just get rid of the discriminating section in the Penal Code. The media could write about that sort of discrimination too. But do they do?

Ask yourself.

I guess something similar what "upshot" said in his post 21 July.

Guest ploppel English
On 7/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, MenBtySpa said:

WE CAN'T GET MARRIED

ONCE AND FOR ALL

Guest tonychen. please don't take over my job as "Speak plopper English lah" campaigner here...

MenBtySpa  rest assured there have been ministers in the government who's English wasn't brilliant either.

However, depending on what job you have, it might be good to up-skill your English. The future has taken over. Halfway proficient English will help you in your future developments in your job and might result in a better pay. Life is not getting cheaper in Singapore.... you might intend to think about it. Plus there would be less misunderstandings. Yes, people don't need to attack you because of your lack of English knowledge. But persons tend to look for such things in the first place.

Here some corrections:

1) WE DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO ENSURE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP ARE LEGAL

Sorry, relationship is singular, hence:

WE DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO ENSURE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP IS LEGAL

2) WHY DO SOMEONE HAS TO PIN-POINTED IN THIS TYPE OF ISSUE

Sorry the past tense is wrong and the first verb doesn't correlate. it must be :

WHY DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO PIN-POINT IN THIS TYPE OF ISSUE

3) KUDOS TO LEE HUANWU WHO COME OUT

Sorry, it is a matter of the past therefore:

KUDOS TO LEE HUANWU WHO CAME OUT

4) UNLIKE SOMEONE WHO ARE STILL HIDING IN THE CLOSET AND ACT LIKE AN ANGLE

Someone is not plural , the verb must be " is" (singular), same for act as the verb. it must be acts with "s". Third person, he she it has, creates, loves. etc...

Correct version:

UNLIKE SOMEONE WHO IS STILL HIDING IN THE CLOSET AND ACTS LIKE AN ANGLE

1 hour ago, Guest don't understand said:

I don't understand all the hype about him. You are all falling trap to this celebrity hype. Only because he is a grandson of someone who run a certain small tiny island state...His coming out (if it has been one) doesn't change anything on the social situation of gays in Singapore nor has he spoken openly out against the abolishment of Section 377, which discriminates male gays here. For sure he is far better off than most normal gay guys in Singapore because nobody would dare to "touch" him due to the background...

The media due to certain reasons is just using him to paint Singapore as a beautiful country.

If they are honest, then they should just get rid of the discriminating section in the Penal Code. The media could write about that sort of discrimination too. But do they do?

Ask yourself.

I guess something similar what "upshot" said in his post 21 July.

He is not as outspoken like his elder brother,  so at most we just have a personality, a poster boy at best. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

3 hours ago, Guest don't understand said:

I don't understand all the hype about him. You are all falling trap to this celebrity hype.

I am Andrew's gay son who came out of the closet recently and yet nobody cares to notice me because nobody knows who Andrew was.   I felt sidelined by the media and BW forum.  Can someone please start noticing me?  I am Tim.

5 hours ago, Guest ploppel English said:

Guest tonychen. please don't take over my job as "Speak plopper English lah" campaigner here...

MenBtySpa  rest assured there have been ministers in the government who's English wasn't brilliant either.

However, depending on what job you have, it might be good to up-skill your English. The future has taken over. Halfway proficient English will help you in your future developments in your job and might result in a better pay. Life is not getting cheaper in Singapore.... you might intend to think about it. Plus there would be less misunderstandings. Yes, people don't need to attack you because of your lack of English knowledge. But persons tend to look for such things in the first place.

Here some corrections:

Sorry the past tense is wrong and the first verb doesn't correlate. it must be :

Someone is not plural , the verb must be " is" (singular), same for act as the verb. it must be acts with "s". Third person, he she it has, creates, loves. etc...

Correct version:

Do u mean angEL?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 8/6/2018 at 2:33 PM, Guest Tim said:

I am Andrew's gay son who came out of the closet recently and yet nobody cares to notice me because nobody knows who Andrew was.   I felt sidelined by the media and BW forum.  Can someone please start noticing me?  I am Tim.

Dont try to bluff others about your out of closet thing when u dont even put a picture in your profile. Nobody in the right mind would start to notice Guest with no pic profile.

Guest MadeBySperm
On 8/6/2018 at 11:38 AM, Guest ploppel English said:

Here some corrections:

Correct version:

No LOVEs and PIECEs Four U!

• Guest locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Woody is a leading figure on the front line of the Thai entertainment industry. With close to two decades of experience in radio and on TV as the nation’s top talk show host, he has transformed his role into one of the most powerful social media influencers and thought leaders in Thailand across the whole demographic spectrum. Woody was selected by CNN as one of the Asia’s Top 100 Influential Personalities.

Guest Things Change

'No gay model to look up to' - which dimension of Bangkok was he staying in?  

Knowing his background of having socially influential parents and being a celebrity in media where no one is gay (giggles) with fans and sponsorships are all that matters , it is understandable. 

Plus the fact that his peak was quite over by the time he came out and it was also a safer time where other personalities had already taken the first step, suffered massive social backlash and somehow buffered the repercussions  of initial shock and outrage of Thai society. Or maybe his boyfriend wants status. 

Anyhow he was doing a public live stream last year and managed to chat with him at the airport eating a miserable steak and frankly looking very fatigued. Anyhow, the old Woody was more attractive,  honestly,  but of course there is no turning back.  

• G_M changed the title to Gay Coming Out Stories / videos / experiences - Family acceptance and the future (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic

not sure where to post HOW not to look gay?

at lunch  , i overheard A grp of straight males are gossiping abt their army matters, eg how they shoot down enemies(among them, one may not looked too straight)
Most of the OCs didn’t pass IPPT (cos they all get fatter) actually
his RSM is a confirmed gay , due to his hi pitch voice and reminded everyone to fold their bedsheets properly (very homely looking) , the rest of the lunch mates was surprised as  the RSM is quite a built (to them) 
nevertheless, they are sure he might comeout a day

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Coming out to your parents: why they may take it badly, and what they should do instead

• Traditional parents, especially Chinese parents, fear social stigma and the family name dying out because there won’t be grandchildren
  • A sex educator says parents should learn to accept their children for who they are

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 02 December, 2018, 5:03pm
UPDATED : Sunday, 02 December, 2018, 5:02pm

No two reactions are the same when someone comes out to their parents as gay. Some parents will be caught off guard. Others may merely feign surprise. For the child, opening up comes at the risk of losing everything if their parents don’t take the news well.

The matter of how parents react to their children’s homosexuality was in the news last week when Etta Ng Chok Lam, the estranged teenaged daughter of film star Jackie Chan, married her Canadian girlfriend.

In a public display of defiance, Ng claimed they had been left homeless, forced to live under a bridge for a month, because of their homophobic parents.

Parents who react adversely to their child coming out may threaten to withdraw their financial support in a misguided attempt to force the child to conform.

166670b8-f3ae-11e8-bbe8-afaa0960a632_1320x770_134541.JPG

Although harsh, it is common, because such parents see it as the only way to rein in their children. But trying to force them into submission will leave permanent scars, says Bau Chung Sze-wan, a sex educator and registered social worker in Hong Kong.

“Parents should learn to accept their children for who they are, not who they want them to become. It’s important for them to respond supportively when their children come out.

“Parents need to first listen to their children’s standpoint and talk with them openly. Be open and transparent about each other’s feelings first, and remember there is no need to reject or accept their views or pass judgment,” Chung says.

fad34a7a-f3ac-11e8-bbe8-afaa0960a632_1320x770_134541.JPG

The simple act of listening is very powerful because it shows respect and signals to people that you are open-minded. It also fosters a judgment-free space, which makes it easier for others to be more forthcoming.

“Society in general, especially Chinese [society], is very much influenced by the patriarchal mindset, traditional family thinking, as well as religious teachings. The first reaction when a son or daughter comes out, especially if it is a son, is for parents to immediately assume that there will be no descendants to carry on the family name. There is also the worry about their family name being smeared by [having borne] a homosexual son or daughter ,” she says.

In traditional Chinese society, parents believe the ultimate happiness a girl can have is for her to marry “correctly”. This means marrying a man who can provide for her for the rest of her life, and give her children to carry on the family name.

However, Chung says, today’s young people believe in having the freedom to explore their sexual identity and seek acceptance in society if they choose to pursue a sexual existence that is non-binary.

“ As a sex educator, I believe that when it comes to sexual identity, it is not something that is fixed for life. We need to be more aware of sexual fluidity. That means we should accept a wide spectrum of sexual choices.

“Sexuality is fluid and changeable at different stages in life. It is natural for young people to be curious and want to explore. Parents should not worry too much; their children might be interested in a same-sex relationship now, but that doesn’t mean their sexual orientation will not change in the future,” she explains.

Parents need to understand this, allow their children the time and space to explore their sexuality, and provide them support on their journey, Chung advises.

“Someone can be bisexual or pan-sexual, and we can … fall in love with a person for who they are, regardless of their gender. It all comes down to love, and love should not be restricted by gender limitations.

“I understand parents often find it difficult to accept when their children come out as homosexual. But if they really love their children, it is their happiness that [should be] the core concern.

3cf0bbce-f3b0-11e8-bbe8-afaa0960a632_1320x770_134541.jpg

“The fact that your child is gay, bisexual, or queer is not the only aspect of their personality; there are other aspects of them that you love. Don’t just focus on their sexual orientation. Love them for who they are,” she says.

Most cases that Chung has come across have one thing in common: the young people she sees are prepared for outsiders to reject them, but require support and love from their parents and families, as it is from their love that they draw the strength to fight stigma and criticism.

Parents who may not be familiar with the nature of non-binary love ought to make the choice to open their minds to its possibilities. If they do, their children will trust them and appreciate their open-mindedness, and this can deepen the bond between them.

Luisa Tam is a senior editor at the Post

This is a very positive article,  something responsible parents of all ideologies should read and understand.

Sex fluidity makes sense.  Sexual orientation may change with our situation in life and the way we feel our bodies.  If starting out weak, shy, afraid of girls we are gay, we may evolve and one day we find ourselves strong, confident, and this can be sufficient change to move us into the bisexual area.

Hopefully the Asian culture moves away from the patriarchal mentality that may have been useful in a past of small isolated communities.  In today's cosmopolitan society we should welcome a genetic pool as mixed as possible.

What Asian cultures should preserve and pass on to others is the respect and care for the elderly.  As an old man myself, ha ha, I understand the reasons for both the respect and the care.   Also as a grandparent myself,  I understand that the likeness for grandchildren should come from the connection to and the responsibility for the well being of some little children, who hopefully reciprocate this connection,  and not because these children have one's genes and propagate the family name.  So if our children's children are genetically related, or adopted, or from surrogacy, it should not matter.

How great it would be if all parents accept and support their gay children, helping and empowering them against the homophobic in our society! 

I came out to my parents in Nov 2010 or 2011. The trigger for me was some news that in that year alone, four american teens took their own lives over gay bullying. Somehow I felt they shouldn't have had to endure that, so I walked into my parent's room waiting for their show to end at 9pm while I was playing Bejewelled Blitz on my iPhone 3GS. Then I said I was gay hahaha. They were fine but I still gave them time to digest that. You all got to remember not to feel so self-important and self-entitled such that your parents will understand instantly. You didn't accept your gay self immediately so give them enough time to accept it, and yeah this is how some gays irritate me. They expect their parents to understand right away. SMFH.

Well, some gays are still lousy human beings, so the way they come out, or even the way their own parents are, sucks.

I don't believe in coming out to parents. I m sure they more or less already know.

My friend's dad told him to beware of flasher in the neighborhood.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 3 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Coming out to your parents (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.