Male HQ

Bi-Monthly Thursday Dinner

Guest artemov

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... back 2nd...

ok la.. there are some new faces like tim888 :P nice guy..

Saw LC (i don know he is that age.. but to me he is cute.. my kind of nice nice guy)

HC frd, talks about the local media ppl who are PLU... like... u know right (boxers)

Anyway, today have to thanks BH. :clap: :clap: :clap:

how about next week(that week is with gd friday...)

hmmm

any nice plan coming by any1? I tot of dinner with movie or cafe or pub? etc...

258yvky.jpg

3rd!

Next week i was thinking dinner + movie [sUNSHINE]!!!

Who want? But a bit tricky lei for the movie cos 1) 5th April is opening night and 2) its a PH eve and 3) need to book tickets beforehand yet scared some ppl last min can't make it or those tight ones cannot confirm cumming or not.

I mean tight schedules one cannot confirm if coming to the movie or not la.

So how so how? Anyone happen to be bonking the GV CEO and can get "Free, U Can Keep" (F.U.C.K) Passes?

:P

edit: Buaya why u never join us?

hmm... back 2nd...

ok la.. there are some new faces like tim888 :P nice guy..

Saw LC (i don know he is that age.. but to me he is cute.. my kind of nice nice guy)

HC frd, talks about the local media ppl who are PLU... like... u know right (boxers)

Anyway, today have to thanks BH. :clap: :clap: :clap:

how about next week(that week is with gd friday...)

hmmm

any nice plan coming by any1? I tot of dinner with movie or cafe or pub? etc...

Hmmm........ what do u mean that I know?

;)

"Do what you wanna do in life despite what others say, it's your life anyway."

edit: Buaya why u never join us?

So so so sorry...

I really dunno the place and cannot contact anyone to ask and I waited till 5+pm for some kind soul to PM me... :P My fault, me too blur to understand the venue that was stated earlier... I dun usually go that part of town and so was (and still is) confused...

He always say cumming but always never cum.

:D

Eh, Boxers... I did turn up previously... Just fashionably late only wor... :P

Hi Buaya,

Didn't get to see your post until after the dinner... You can always come for the next one though!

Thanks BH for the wonderful dinner suggestion! :clap:

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Ok guys

for next week's dinner I'll be organising the movie portion. here are the details:

Movie: Sunshine (synopsis here)

Date: 5th April, Thursday

Time: 9-ish show (will update exact timing once show-times become available)

Meet at: GV Plaza Singapura box office 30mins before showtime

Please register your attendance with me via PM by 3rd April (Tuesday). Please provide your contact number and number of tickets required. If you're coming wif a bf/date pls also indicate so I can make the necessary seating arrangements in case the grp is too big and we have to split into two rows.

I'll pass you my account number for you to transfer the payment for your tickets to me.

Places will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.

Once I have collected everyone's payments I'll proceed to book the tickets.

Alright guys, let the PMs come!

:P

Hi guys,

To tie-in with the movie, next week's dinner will be in the Dhoby Ghaut area.

Cuisine: Chinese

Meeting Time: 1900 hours (earlier due to movie)

Meeting Place: Dhoby Ghaut MRT North-East Line Station Control

Budget: Expect to spend anywhere between $10 and $25 depending on how you order

As I want to make reservations due to the fact that:

1. It's the eve of a public holiday

2. Location will likely be crowded

3. The turnout was big the previous two times,

Please confirm your attendance with me via PM by 3rd April (Tuesday) - same as the movie. Similarly, please provide your contact number and the number of people you'll be bringing along (if any).

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

hmmm... somebody told me tt the last dinner was great, so i wanna come for the next one, since that i got holiday on fri this week... the thing is, i need to go to church on thurs... haizzz... so i am not sure whether can come or not... :huh:

Formerly known as desparado

Sianzzz arh... me going back to malaysia for ching ming this thurs nite.. else i will go ... Desperado be good boy ok...

Hope u guys enjoy yourself .... how nice if i can get a big room to accommodate all of u ..... haha, u noe what i mean...wink wink

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

***LAST CALL***

For those going for the movie, if you haven't done so already, please PM me with your name, contact no and number of tickets needed by 9pm tonight! (Tuesday 3rd April)

Guys, I'm going to take your PMs at face-value and order up the required no of tickets as requested. There is no time for me to verify one by one whether you have actually transferred the money to me. Hopefully the total amount transferred tallies with the total number of tickets ordered.

Alright see ya guys this Thursday!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok guys

for next week's dinner I'll be organising the movie portion. here are the details:

Movie: Sunshine (synopsis here)

Time: 9-ish show (will update exact timing once show-times become available)

Meet at: GV Plaza Singapura box office 30mins before showtime

Please register your attendance with me via PM by 3rd April (Tuesday). Please provide your contact number and number of tickets required. If you're coming wif a bf/date pls also indicate so I can make the necessary seating arrangements in case the grp is too big and we have to split into two rows.

I'll pass you my account number for you to transfer the payment for your tickets to me.

Places will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment.

Once I have collected everyone's payments I'll proceed to book the tickets.

Alright guys, let the PMs come!

tongue.gif

BH, let me know if anyone play you out, i will personally call our MOB, ops MOD team to make sure their hole is wide enough to park a aircraft carrier :)

ok serious talk, BH is taking financial risk here to pre-order the tickets, so those that have agreed even if cant make it, let BH know asap to see whether he can find a substitute. If not please pay him the ticket money.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Well, one way is to shame those who refused to pay by posting their nicks here... :P

Hope you guys have a wonderful time... I am trying my best to see if I can meet you all for dinner... But akated, can PM me your contact number? In case like last week, I cannot contact anyone for info on the exact dinner location? Thanks! :)

sigh...couldnt make it for the dinner..wished was there too..

Was at the movie with the rest...sorry but i dunno who's who except bearhunt... :lol:

will try to find out okie... ;)

Movie was okie la..leave it to bearhunt to give u all more info. :D

Treat people with respect to earn respect from others.

Hi guys

Dinner was great! (as usual) So nice to see new faces and all the regulars! Keep on cummin! *dodges Buaya's lightsaber eyes*

As for the movie... uhm i'm posting my own little review below partly as catharsis, uh.. i mean to get it out of my system. Do you guys need a wiki link to "catharsis"? Dun wanna be called an English Cunt...

++++++++++++++++++

MOVIE REVIEW : SUNSHINE

Blurb: Absolute Mind-Bender of a Brit-directed movie cautions against careless christening of your very expensive spaceships.

Taking the old adage "Only mad dogs and English men like the midday sun" one step further, SUNSHINE by Brit director Danny Boyle puts a motley crew on board a space shuttle on a journey to the sun because it is dying and so they have decided to give it a boost by re-igniting it with a nuclear payload.

The movie started promisingly enough; the team of astronauts, physicists and scientists (almost half are Asian btw, very Anti-Discriminatory League worthy) debate and discuss philosophy, psychology and morality while brooding under the enormity of their mission.

Along the way (to the sun. to blow it up. with a nuclear device. no matter that the sun is hot enough to burn anything tat you can throw at it. in a spaceship named Icarus, no less.) they discover the first sister-ship sent out 7 years ago on a similar mission, Icarus 1, and decide to rendevous with it to pick up the payload on board because hey on a do-or-die mission, two bullets are better than one. Even if you really only have one chance to shoot.

So something goes wrong (yep you knew they had to wake the audience up by that point of the movie) the tension heightens, you learn a new way of using aluminum foil and suddenly its a mad race to complete the mission.

As the emergencies pile up, the crew take turns to be heroic, self-sacrificing, selfish, cowardly, forgiving and wail over baby plants. (Michelle Yeoh in yet another one-dimensional and unbelievable role. Damn girl, get an agent!)

I guess for a Brit film, SUNSHINE is about as taut as it gets. The movie poses classic questions like "what is the worth of one (or 8) life against millions" and "is man supposed to try and live past his use-by date?" but it does not probe hard nor deep enough to make its point felt. (read that prior sentence anyway u want it. if you autocum-ed, pm me)

And the silly, pretentious attempt at injecting some action via some weak plotline of an avenging messianic father figure during the last third of the movie just detracts from the entire story. Although, that sequence was gorgeously shot, with trippy, surreal lighting effects and almost anime-worthy camerawork.

By the end of it, SUNSHINE leaves you confused and bewildered and sadly, not much moved. The movie had none of the big-ass swagger that marked Armageddon, none of the sensitivity and triumph-of-the-human-spirit of Deep Impact, and maybe its not fair to compare this movie to the other deep space disaster movies because this one is part drama, part action, part psychological thriller mixed in with sci-fi posturings, experimental screenplay and effects served on a wobbly platter of an improbable mission in the first place.

Moral of the story : Staying too long in the sun makes you go crazy.

Ah thanks for the encouragement.

I try to write stuff every once in a while and will be happy to review any movie I happen to watch. Not sure though if this forum is the place for one individual's expositions - i think blogs are more suited as they are more private spaces vs a forum in which is it more a shared space.

As for payment, all I require is for one particular mod to accompany me to every movie I happen to review for BW.

kekekek *rubs hands in evil glee*

details of next dinner:

day: Thursday (12th April)

time: 2000 hours (changed from 1930 hours)

meeting place: (PM for more info)

cuisine: Western

budget: 15-25

pls pm/sms me if you're coming; thanks ;)

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Guest artemov
time: 2000 hours (changed from 1930 hours)

meeting place: (PM for more info)

Just to add.

The reason we are changing the time is because we will be meeting at the makan place directly, which is not near any MRT station. We will have to make our way there on our own.

Please pm me or akated if you are coming. We will pm you the exact location of the restaurant nearer to Thursday.

i think i might be able to join on the 26 April...

oh no! i'm going to *literally* miss you cubby!

andy, i'll be in tokyo from april 18th to may 1st! maybe we can meet up sometime ;)

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Prices are all right, assuming you mean air fare; Thai airways (transit BKK) for $688 inclusive of taxes.

Will PM you regarding meeting up!

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l