Male HQ

How Much Do You Guys Make? All On Pay & Salary Compiled!

Guest Roger

I'm 26, earning at least 12k/month (gross)

Happily attached to my BF of almost 4 years, in the pink of health and spending less than 1k/month

I take public transport, hit Safra gyms and eat hawker center food.

Trying to save up for a condo now for my mum, myself and my BF to stay together :)

Your mom approved your relationship with your BF. Wow....that is so nice.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Just out of curiosity, when did your achieve the above? I personally reached that at 36.

What is the objective of starting this thread????

Just out of curiosity as I happened to chance upon salary.sg forum where many post that they earn more than 120k per month even in their late twenties and early thirties. I wonder how many gays have achieved this when there are those who believe that gays are more talented.

Guest Humble Pie

Just out of curiosity, when did your achieve the above? I personally reached that at 36.

I earned good karma and merit beyond any sum can measure. Does that counted as achievement at age 36?

I earned good karma and merit beyond any sum can measure. Does that counted as achievement at age 36?

Sure, that is important too but is not the focus in this thread. Besides, it is possible to earn good karma and > 120k per annum.

Guest Humble Pie
Sure, that is important too but is not the focus in this thread. Besides, it is possible to earn good karma and > 120k per annum.

I do know many people earning more than $120K got no merit or good karma but they do think they are "master" of the people, "king" or even "god", usually at the expenses of those earning less. I wish to see people earning more and having good karma...anyone you know of?

Guest Guest

Ever since I was a teenager, my father would transfer about $15k per month to my bank account so I guess I can say that I have started to earn >$120k per year since I was around 15. But if u ask me from what age will I start to make >$120k per year, I would say maybe early 30s? I'm 23 years old right now and I'm still studying in a University in Canada. I might want to continue to study for an MBA degree in the USA or UK after my graduation so I expect myself to return to SG to help my dad in the family business when I am 27 years old. Then maybe my dad will pass his business down to me when I'm in my early 30s as he once said that he would like to retire early so he can move to New Zealand with my mom to live with my sister who has settled there.

Hmm... I don't mind this thread is closed given the negativity that it generates. My apologies if it comes across as self serving and demeaning.

But I resent postings that suggest those who are renumerated highly done so through accumulating bad karma. I don't think standing on the demise of others will bring about faith, trust and support of your peers and superior. Wealth accumulated through such approach indeed makes someone poorer.

I just happen to believe in carpe diem. I believe that I only have this one time to live and just want to be the best in every facet of my life. I don't want to live a life where all I do is blame the problems and obstacles on others, society, and luck. And if I get to where I am because of this attitude, what is so wrong about this?

Anyway, I shall not say anymore. It is up to the moderators to decide if they wanna kill this thread.

Guest no big deal.

27. Was poached by another company (bank) with a big pay increase. But downside, it was an overseas assignment. So the package actually far exceeded 120k. I'm 45 now.

Guest Blaidd_drwg

-2012-, you always open up these questionable threads. The last time was "What does a gay man expect at 40?"

There are a few no-nos in social conversations. Asking about income and comparisons is one of them. Lifestyle comparisons is also another no-no.

You can discuss this with your personal confidants and nobody will stop you. in public, however, these are sensitive issues, especially for Singapore, a country with a growing income gap.

Other implications go beyond the subconscious like how mass advertising has created a false image of reality. Just imagine if the majority of people claim (or lie) to earn 120k annually at an age below 30. You think la what will be the repercussions.

seriously la... sometimes curiosity kills the cat. just because it can be done (asked) doesn't necessarily mean it must be done (asked).

Guest steve707

-2012-, you always open up these questionable threads. The last time was "What does a gay man expect at 40?"

There are a few no-nos in social conversations. Asking about income and comparisons is one of them. Lifestyle comparisons is also another no-no.

You can discuss this with your personal confidants and nobody will stop you. in public, however, these are sensitive issues, especially for Singapore, a country with a growing income gap.

Other implications go beyond the subconscious like how mass advertising has created a false image of reality. Just imagine if the majority of people claim (or lie) to earn 120k annually at an age below 30. You think la what will be the repercussions.

seriously la... sometimes curiosity kills the cat. just because it can be done (asked) doesn't necessarily mean it must be done (asked).

Totally agreed. We can all probably know where this thread is going. (Roll eyes)

.Sidetrack: I personally have met people who "claims" to have a few hundred grand in their bank accounts but always eat instant noodle at home and "kiam siap" until even $2 also refuse to pay to the donation box. So is that why they are "rich"? "Kiam Siap to be rich" suddenly become so meaningful.

Guest MI successful?

My income is $2000/mth. I set my own pace, I am my own boss and have lots of freedom and space. I live a frugal lifestyle though but I have no worries about losing my job or suffering from office politics. Besides, I don't work overtime. I report to no one and no one reports to me. In fact I worked from home - my humble fully paid 3-room HDB flat. I have no expensive condonimum with skyscrappers view or swimming pool. Banks have been after me to subscribe credit cards but I own only two which I hardly use. I guess it is subjective because each one has their own aspirations, I just want to be my own boss to control my time. I don't play goft but I brought my puppy to the park for a light run. I am happy in my own world though and not subjected to Singapore change of politics or policies. My main expenditure is...utilities, internet bills, groceries and couple of scarlet roses and Sui Mei I planted in my corridor. Before I head to work - which is my study room without worrying about MRT crowds or ERP surchages, I made good karma prayer and light up incense cone to my buddha in the living room. So I have karma and sustainable income. Is this considered success? My income is not $120K but $24K. I guess that is the kind life I wanted to live simply.

-2012-, you always open up these questionable threads. The last time was "What does a gay man expect at 40?" There are a few no-nos in social conversations. Asking about income and comparisons is one of them. Lifestyle comparisons is also another no-no. You can discuss this with your personal confidants and nobody will stop you. in public, however, these are sensitive issues, especially for Singapore, a country with a growing income gap. Other implications go beyond the subconscious like how mass advertising has created a false image of reality. Just imagine if the majority of people claim (or lie) to earn 120k annually at an age below 30. You think la what will be the repercussions. seriously la... sometimes curiosity kills the cat. just because it can be done (asked) doesn't necessarily mean it must be done (asked).

Thanks. I would have like to ask for those who had responded that they have attained, what do they attribute as reasons for attaining them?

But yeah let's stick to topics on anatomy, sexual acts, orgasms, fetishes, saunas, exhibitionism, cruising, flings and etc, because all these are more what being gay is about. They are socially acceptable topics to be discussed here. They are less socially harmful discussions and resonates with being gay.

I apologized for introducing discussions that focuses on the sin of greed and that generates envy, hurt pride and incur wrath. I should have open topics like "how much can one cum a day", "how many guys can you fxxk a night". Lust is the primary sin accepted as topics here.

Annual incom reach or exceed 120K? Then you have to earn at least 10K every mth to achieve tht. So for those who achieve it, are u a pay cheque employee or own boss?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

I believe the financial rewards we achieved monthly is directly proportional to the work pressure and responsibility.

I was in a so-called well-paid and highly respectable job for many years but who could deny the immense pressure

that came with it?

Now, I am getting a lot less but I am much happier.

So, my spending habit has been readjusted but I dont seem to lose much.

And my physical, mental health improves.

Guest Guest
-2012-, you always open up these questionable threads. The last time was "What does a gay man expect at 40?" There are a few no-nos in social conversations. Asking about income and comparisons is one of them. Lifestyle comparisons is also another no-no. You can discuss this with your personal confidants and nobody will stop you. in public, however, these are sensitive issues, especially for Singapore, a country with a growing income gap. Other implications go beyond the subconscious like how mass advertising has created a false image of reality. Just imagine if the majority of people claim (or lie) to earn 120k annually at an age below 30. You think la what will be the repercussions. seriously la... sometimes curiosity kills the cat. just because it can be done (asked) doesn't necessarily mean it must be done (asked).

I'm surprised how many negative responses there are to this topic, and even more surprised at people suggesting that there are no-nos in social conversations, in of all places a forum like this. Many of us are victims of social acceptance, and yet ironically here we are imposing other forms of social norms on other people. The absurdity of all this is that whose norms are these, because I have never heard that lifestyle comparisons are a no-no. The reality is that there are websites and forums such as salary.sg that precisely compare earnings, so how normal exactly are these norms?

Moreover, if this topic makes you uneasy, then perhaps a good idea is to simply not read it. You have the choice, just as other people have the choice to post what they wish. If we have to censor ourselves just because somebody out there doesn't like what we say, it'll just make life miserable.

That side, I'm also in no position to ask those negative people to quit complaining. But in all fairness, I think this thread should stay.

Guest Guest

i'm almost 33, in customer service. earning about 70k p.a. and my last bonus was about 30k in all. So its still far below 120k. But considering that is my first real job (been at it for about 6yrs) and my starting pay was only about 25k p.a, i guess its still pretty alright given that my academic qualification is pretty terrible and i have no real marketable skill,

Guest Ye Knom

I ORD 10 months back and still not finding jobs (parents supported). $0 Income per month (for now)

Even if I go find work, my O level cert can only go factory job ($1000 per month?)

I'm 23 this year and on top of me earning more ..zzZZZ

Thats why I also want to know how to earn more, at least on the average level of my age.

Because no children in future, so must plan to earn more to retirement.

I'm 26, earning at least 12k/month (gross)

Happily attached to my BF of almost 4 years, in the pink of health and spending less than 1k/month

I take public transport, hit Safra gyms and eat hawker center food.

Trying to save up for a condo now for my mum, myself and my BF to stay together :)

What's your occupation? Or industry?

i'm almost 33, in customer service. earning about 70k p.a. and my last bonus was about 30k in all. So its still far below 120k. But considering that is my first real job (been at it for about 6yrs) and my starting pay was only about 25k p.a, i guess its still pretty alright given that my academic qualification is pretty terrible and i have no real marketable skill,

What customer service job pay so generously? Hmm...first time hearing a service based job pays well...

Guest Beentheredonethat

Just realized that income tax for 120k is 7950.. Wow haha my income tax is still below 500...

yeah, after a certain sum, the tax rate shoots up! (so i read) . . . doesn't help that as single men, besides parents and NS, i do not think we can get other rebates . . .

Guest isitnot
My income is $2000/mth. I set my own pace, I am my own boss and have lots of freedom and space. I live a frugal lifestyle though but I have no worries about losing my job or suffering from office politics. Besides, I don't work overtime. I report to no one and no one reports to me. In fact I worked from home - my humble fully paid 3-room HDB flat. I have no expensive condonimum with skyscrappers view or swimming pool. Banks have been after me to subscribe credit cards but I own only two which I hardly use. I guess it is subjective because each one has their own aspirations, I just want to be my own boss to control my time. I don't play goft but I brought my puppy to the park for a light run. I am happy in my own world though and not subjected to Singapore change of politics or policies. My main expenditure is...utilities, internet bills, groceries and couple of scarlet roses and Sui Mei I planted in my corridor. Before I head to work - which is my study room without worrying about MRT crowds or ERP surchages, I made good karma prayer and light up incense cone to my buddha in the living room. So I have karma and sustainable income. Is this considered success? My income is not $120K but $24K. I guess that is the kind life I wanted to live simply.

You need to earn $30k per annum in order to qualify for credit card application.

Guest Guest

I'm surprised how many negative responses there are to this topic, and even more surprised at people suggesting that there are no-nos in social conversations, in of all places a forum like this. Many of us are victims of social acceptance, and yet ironically here we are imposing other forms of social norms on other people. The absurdity of all this is that whose norms are these, because I have never heard that lifestyle comparisons are a no-no. The reality is that there are websites and forums such as salary.sg that precisely compare earnings, so how normal exactly are these norms?

Moreover, if this topic makes you uneasy, then perhaps a good idea is to simply not read it. You have the choice, just as other people have the choice to post what they wish. If we have to censor ourselves just because somebody out there doesn't like what we say, it'll just make life miserable.

That side, I'm also in no position to ask those negative people to quit complaining. But in all fairness, I think this thread should stay.

Yes I agree this thead should stay. Making 10k or more per month is quite common nowadays so I don't see any need for the haters like bladder_fqprt or whatever his name is to blow this matter up. I think the negative posts are posted by the people who cannot earn even 50k per annum and simply jealous of most people who's able to make 120k per annum. More ridiculous posts including by those who claimed that they ear only 2k per month and lead a "happy" life. I can't help but to feel sorry for them because they are living in denial. Who can survive with only 2k per month in Singapore?

Guest Guest82

My parents salary add up is 2.5k and they still survived in Singapore! And some auntie, uncle out there also earn less than 2k without children support still survive. Please don't look down on them as I personally feel you are attacking them. Thanks

Guest Guest
What customer service job pay so generously? Hmm...first time hearing a service based job pays well...

i am not in an entry level position now, so pay will go up correspondingly. Its in a FI.

Yes I agree this thead should stay. Making 10k or more per month is quite common nowadays so I don't see any need for the haters like bladder_fqprt or whatever his name is to blow this matter up. I think the negative posts are posted by the people who cannot earn even 50k per annum and simply jealous of most people who's able to make 120k per annum. More ridiculous posts including by those who claimed that they ear only 2k per month and lead a "happy" life. I can't help but to feel sorry for them because they are living in denial. Who can survive with only 2k per month in Singapore?

U must be joking. Although i believe there are many pple out there who earn 10K or even more per mth, but i also believe there are also many pple out there who really earn 2K per month. No matter how much u earn, it's all depends on how much u spend and wht is ur liftstyle is. U cannot conclude tht earning 2K per mth confirmed cannot survive or not happy, and earning 10K per mth confimed is happy.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest
Thanks. I would have like to ask for those who had responded that they have attained, what do they attribute as reasons for attaining them? But yeah let's stick to topics on anatomy, sexual acts, orgasms, fetishes, saunas, exhibitionism, cruising, flings and etc, because all these are more what being gay is about. They are socially acceptable topics to be discussed here. They are less socially harmful discussions and resonates with being gay. I apologized for introducing discussions that focuses on the sin of greed and that generates envy, hurt pride and incur wrath. I should have open topics like "how much can one cum a day", "how many guys can you fxxk a night". Lust is the primary sin accepted as topics here.
Just out of curiosity as I happened to chance upon salary.sg forum where many post that they earn more than 120k per month even in their late twenties and early thirties. I wonder how many gays have achieved this when there are those who believe that gays are more talented.
You need to earn $30k per annum in order to qualify for credit card application.

First of all, the link that you provided is a survey asking how much people earn generally while you are stating upfront that you are earning $120k annually. What is the purpose of this? It's like telling me that I need to earn $120k to have a decent living. "Just out of curiosity as I happened to chance upon salary.sg forum where many post that they earn more than 120k per month even in their late twenties and early thirties." Just out of curiosity, how many percent is that among all the posts? To people earning less than $120k, are you going to contribute a portion to them? Or are you going to teach them how to earn $120k annually? Maybe you can start by telling which industry you are in, which company you are in, what kind of job that you do so that maybe those earning less than $120k can consider a career change.

isitnot: One does not need to earn $30k per annum in order to apply for credit card. I got mine when I was earning last than that last time. You will get a lower credit limit.

Guest so what

You may have made $120K at 36 but you surely have the EQ of 021, i.e. hopeless !

• Guest locked this topic