Male HQ

Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant Discussion (Singapore Based) - SIA, British Airway, Jetstar, etc (Compiled)

Guest Kendall

Why blame SIA , when it is a top down approach, in the scheme of things every corporate body acts in the interest of profit, everybody kowtows to the mighty dollar,

Are you any different, everyone behaves this way because we are all caught in the rat race to chase and accumulate wealth ,

Are you free from money worries ? Maybe you don't have to look at other people's face color to earn your money and line your savings ,

From my experience, people who are free from money worries can have the time to be polite and courteous according to the western standard of behaviour .

For Asians generally it is a rat race because there is so many of us chasing after the crumbs that fall off the white man's table .

This is an example where one is factually correct, but unfortunately having a warped sense of value, where all things humanity revolve around $.

Perhaps this is how pple are being brought up in Spore, forever having to worry for money, or a lack of it.

Guest guest

For Asians generally it is a rat race because there is so many of us chasing after the crumbs that fall off the white man's table .

Funny Singapore is also 1st world country how come you see the westerner so up? You don't have to chase after the crumbs that fall off the white man's table. You just have to shift to their kind of 1st world country where you get a fair wage that is enough for daily expenses, housing, car etc. And that wage need not be as high as our Singapore wages!

Guest guest

Cabin crew = high class waiter n waitress serving in the sky

Worse of all they even hv to polish the shoe for ppl flying first class n sometimes they hv to clean the toilet too...

Guest Guest

Worse of all they even hv to polish the shoe for ppl flying first class n sometimes they hv to clean the toilet too...

haha are u jealous of them? i think being a cabin crew, even for awhile, is one of the best time in your life.

Guest ionescu

Funny Singapore is also 1st world country how come you see the westerner so up? You don't have to chase after the crumbs that fall off the white man's table. You just have to shift to their kind of 1st world country where you get a fair wage that is enough for daily expenses, housing, car etc. And that wage need not be as high as our Singapore wages!

See you concede that we asians have to move to a ang moh country to be treeated better , it is too bad that asians choose to step on other asians to get ahead

Guest guest

Some would say cabin crew is a highclass waiter job. I think it is but just another job. Hence it is not fair to expect a good looking hunk for this position rather anyone who is clean cut and has good interpersonal skills should meet the criteria. They are there not for you admire but just to serve your needs during the flight. That's all. If the services of our local cabin crew is poor then we can justify by saying the std has gone down but we can't comment about the std has gone down just because the 'looks dept" has gone down right? This is unfair.

Guest guest

See you concede that we asians have to move to a ang moh country to be treeated better , it is too bad that asians choose to step on other asians to get ahead

In what way was it suggested that you got to step on other asians to get ahead? "leaving for their kind of 1st world country" means step on other asians to get ahead? Is your brain in your ass or what? Arguing with stupid fxxks like you would be a waste of time. I think you stay here better. Don't go anywhere.

Guest slinkYcaT

Yet another fallacy. This is sooooooo a misconception. Maintaining the cleanliness of toilets while airborne yes, but definitely not polishing 1st class pax shoes. Not on our local carrier anyway.

xoxo.

Guest slinkYcaT

haha are u jealous of them? i think being a cabin crew, even for awhile, is one of the best time in your life.

I guess it's the many perks of flying that draw lots of people to the job. The many off days, the overseas shopping, the sightseeings, the good money, the annual free ticket - these are just some of the advantages.

Indeed, flying is one of the best job around. As long as you don't get lost in the lifestyle.

xoxo.

Guest Guest

this thread is started to talk about SQ stewards. so i dun think there's anything wrong to talk about their looks etc. i agree that service is more important than looks but i also enjoy ogling at the cute ones once in awhile.

i dunno why some people say SQ crew suck. i fly with SQ once in a while and i have to say that SQ still have the best cabin crew, whether they are stewards or stewardesses. we should be proud of our national airline.

To some extend, I do agree that SQ indeed has the better looking crew because of the relatively younger age due to the high turnover of staff.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest guest

I hv been flying for many years and hv never ever or heard of any of my colleagues polishing shoes for our passengers. As for the toilet cleaning part, we do have to replenish the ammenities and stuff and maintain basic cleanliness that's all. We may be so called high class waiters or waitresses but we went through courses from First aid, Safety, Survivor , Child birth and lots more. How many people can travel to so many place around the world and enjoy all those 5-star acommodation? You can bring us Cabin Crew down but I'm still enjoying every bit of my job!!

Guest slinkYcaT

I hv been flying for many years and hv never ever or heard of any of my colleagues polishing shoes for our passengers. As for the toilet cleaning part, we do have to replenish the ammenities and stuff and maintain basic cleanliness that's all. We may be so called high class waiters or waitresses but we went through courses from First aid, Safety, Survivor , Child birth and lots more. How many people can travel to so many place around the world and enjoy all those 5-star acommodation? You can bring us Cabin Crew down but I'm still enjoying every bit of my job!!

Those dismissing crew as high class waiters are just being catty. At the end of the day, it is the crew that gets to go to such places as Moscow, Istanbul, New York, Athens, Cairo etc, etc - places that not everybody has a chance to go.

And i just realised something. It's like almost becoming a fashion de rigeur for SQ male crew to wear A&F. Shop around tampines mall, and if you see any guys wearing A&F, chances are he is a crew.

xoxo.

• 10 months later...
Guest Orlando

I met a very attractive, humourous and intelligent young SIA male cabin crew about 13 years ago during a stop over, in a hotel lobby.

We talked and had a most pleasant time together.

He was exciting to be with.

Next time we met was in another country. My business involved a lot of international travel.

You can imagine that any meetings were hit and miss!

Anyway, we did manage to meet on many occasions, we enjoyed our time together always. We never talked about our private lives and that seemed to work.

Our meetings became less frequent in recent times, however, I still have fond memories and miss him very much.

I will never forget him and love him dearly.

I haven't been on a Plane for about four years now.

I hope that he will visit my home City one day so that we can enjoy each others company again, even for a meal!

Guest imseeker

I met a very attractive, humourous and intelligent young SIA male cabin crew about 13 years ago during a stop over, in a hotel lobby.

We talked and had a most pleasant time together.

He was exciting to be with.

Next time we met was in another country. My business involved a lot of international travel.

You can imagine that any meetings were hit and miss!

Anyway, we did manage to meet on many occasions, we enjoyed our time together always. We never talked about our private lives and that seemed to work.

Our meetings became less frequent in recent times, however, I still have fond memories and miss him very much.

I will never forget him and love him dearly.

I haven't been on a Plane for about four years now.

I hope that he will visit my home City one day so that we can enjoy each others company again, even for a meal!

Get his number...

Guest Guest

1. Singapore Airline Is one of he safest airline in the world. Any small turbulence, seat belt on.

The kiasi & kiasu attitude good esp when u r 39,000 ft in the air

2. There are other airlines like Cathay Pacific, Thai, Eva, Emirates, Air New Zealand, Japan Airline also provie

good service plus free stopovers in HK, BK, Taipei,Tokyo, etc.

3. A couple of my relatives were air-stewardess. Good for a 1st job and to see the world for free. But body aged very fast

due to constant flying. Not good for health, too. Good to work for a few yrs.

4. Imagine a plane without air-stewardess/stewards. Okay with that to a certain extend. Plus one dun need to ingest that much

food in their air (just water would do). A better word for 'high class waiter/waitress' would be 'service line'.

Like working in a Hotel, very glam but a lot of hard work & very tiring.

Guest sqqqqqq

1. Singapore Airline Is one of he safest airline in the world. Any small turbulence, seat belt on.

The kiasi & kiasu attitude good esp when u r 39,000 ft in the air

2. There are other airlines like Cathay Pacific, Thai, Eva, Emirates, Air New Zealand, Japan Airline also provie

good service plus free stopovers in HK, BK, Taipei,Tokyo, etc.

3. A couple of my relatives were air-stewardess. Good for a 1st job and to see the world for free. But body aged very fast

due to constant flying. Not good for health, too. Good to work for a few yrs.

4. Imagine a plane without air-stewardess/stewards. Okay with that to a certain extend. Plus one dun need to ingest that much

food in their air (just water would do). A better word for 'high class waiter/waitress' would be 'service line'.

Like working in a Hotel, very glam but a lot of hard work & very tiring.

MOST WTF POST EVER

Guest SQ Frequent Flyers

Well, So far all the SQ stewards I know are gays.

It just happened that I have a friend who is also a SQ girl, and some times back when I had a small BBQ gathering at her condo, she invited her colleagues as well from SQ, many comes with their partner and they do introduce their partner around, especially coz it was a close gathering, with an exception of 1-2 guest as newcomer (such as me).

Turns out the SQ guys do have many stories about mile high club... :whistle:

Guest Guest

Crew have to mop the floor of the washroom at every stopover, clean up the basin especially if there are vomit, baby drips etc, clean the headset, amongst other disgusting duties. Just like a trained general cleaner cum waiter clad in a designer uniform wearing on a plastiky smile to conform to company's requirement. Cosmic radiation is another hazard.

Guest Orlando

please post again... can not see

BLURKOK (and ME)!

Are you crazy, have you lost your senses?

Why would you display a photo of anyone without their permission (which is obvious because it's been removed)?

Do you realise that this guy's career could be at risk because of your action?

I can't imagine anyone trusting in a private relationship with a person who posts a picture, clothed or otherwise on the internet for the whole world to see!

I don't believe it!!

Guest Guest

how u know? Experiences??

There is 1 who(also married with 2 kids) goes to the local saunas on wknd :)

Compare to air steward, more accesible bcoz they r on the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost became a flight attendant. Sailed thru the interviews.

But then I got accepted into NIE to become a teacher. Was in a dilemma - become a flight attendant or teach? I remember making a list of pros and cons...before choosing NIE as in the long run, it's always good to have teaching credentials. There were, of course, other reasons, but this was the main one.

I had also planned to further my education some more (ie via part-time degree courses) while working and opined that teaching would give me more time to do this.

So in the end,

I got my teaching papers, taught for several years, got the BA that I had always wanted, quit teaching and am now doing something else!

Sometimes, when I look back at my career path, I wonder how my life could have changed if I had chosen to fly.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Sometimes, when I look back at my career path, I wonder how my life could have changed if I had chosen to fly.

Yes of course. You will be in your kebaya and as you get promoted the color changes from blue to green to red and finally to Burgundy. If you're lucky, you'll have your wax figure made and shown in Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in London. :lol: :lol:

Yes of course. You will be in your kebaya and as you get promoted the color changes from blue to green to red and finally to Burgundy. If you're lucky, you'll have your wax figure made and shown in Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in London. :lol: :lol:

*Giggle*

Funnily enough, there had been several occasions at dinner parties or gatherings when in the course of a conversation, somebody I had just met would ask me: how long have I been flying. Heh!

Some of the male cabin crew has tattoo on their body ...

wonder if that is an acceptable standards in SIA

As long as they arent visible when one is at work, tats are perfectly acceptable at the workplace!

Ive got tattoos all over including a big shoulder to shoulder piece and I was a teacher! Though I made the mistake once in wearing a white shirt to work. But really, nobody cares.

Guest Guest

yes as long as the tattoos will not be revealed when you are in uniform, it will not matter. they are more strict on the girls than guys though.

also although its a conception that there are alot of gays in SQ, but there are a large number of skirt chasers too. everyone comes from diverse background amongst the 2500-strong male cabin crew division.

• 11 months later...
Guest kindaichi

Any one was invited for British Airways Cabin Crew (Singapore Based) interview this week ???

British Airways

Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service?

If so, you could be one of the special people we are looking for to be part of our cabin crew team based in Singapore, we are looking for people who have the natural ability to care for our customers, responding to their individual needs with ehthusiasm, flexibility and genuine warmth. You could expect an estimated gross salary of S$36,000 per annum.

Cabin Crew

Central

Responsibilities:

Requirements:

To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:

• Singapore citizenship only
  • Be able to read and write English & Chinese documents
  • Be able to converse with English & Mandarin speaking passengers
  • Be at least 158cm in height with weight in proportion
  • Be in good health with normal eyesight
  • Be in possession of an International passport with a minimum of 1 year validity
  • Have at least one year's experience in a customer service environment
  • Male applicants must have completed, or be exempted from or not be liable for National Service

Please send us your resume, including a cover letter and the following attachments:

• A recent, coloured, passport size photograph (non-returnable)
  • A full length 4R coloured photograph showing only you (non-returnable)
  • Photocopies of your 'O'level certificate, NRIC and recent Passport
  • A daytime telephone contact number

Applicants must reach us by 20 June 2012.Please note that incomplete and late applications will be rejected.

BRITISH AIRWAYS

INTERNATIONAL CABIN CREW SINGAPORE

P.O. BOX 24, SINGAPORE CHANGI AIRPORT TERMINAL 1

SINGAPORE 918141

The selection process involves several stages; initial paper screen, first preliminary assessment, second preliminary assessment, final interview will take place in from July 2012. Followed by full medical examination, employment references and criminal record checks.

Should you be successful, you must be prepared to attend a 4-6 weeks' training course in the UK sometime in September 2012; to travel extensively and be away from home on a regular basis.

Those who applied with us within the last 12 months need not apply again.

To enable us to continue to provide excellent service to our customers, you can appreciate that all BA departments will not be able to handle your enquiries by phone or email. Please do not contact any BA offices. Applicants making direct telephone or personal enquiries to British Airways offices will be disqualified. Candidates who are invited and cannot attend the interviews as scheduled will also be disqualified.

• G_M changed the title to Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant Discussion (Singapore Based) - SIA, British Airway, Jetstar, etc (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.