Male HQ

Shopping For Clothes

funnyboy

Guest stbrianud

Well most of my clothes are from Armani ck boss. Jeans was Armani but just moved to g star for the design. However I'm thinking of finding cheaper but well defined stuff so as to save some cash. Been spending way to muchh lately

well jeans you can go to the denim shop, lots of cuts and brand there (mandarin gallery lvl 3)

i get my clothings usually from H&M Cheap and studious :P as well as many other weird shops here and there(top man, v.nice, furmuse, FP, fcuk, etc etc)

most shops are having mid season sale, they are throwing out all their autumn clothings(denim,aztec, floral) and entering winter(which is rather dumb... usually sweaters cardigans and thicker material clothing)

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

There are many different places you can go to depending on the price range that you are looking for. There are of course the branded clothing that Mr. Stud here buys lol which are on the more expensive side of the spectrum i.e. CK / Armani / BOSS / Dior. I find these brands tend to semi-casual to formal wear. Personally, I think Z. Zegna and CK to have the best designs and cutting out of the rest. Honestly though, there are places like POA whose designs and qualities are acceptable enough. Unless you are able to justify your spending on high-end brands, I suggest going for middle-class. Nobody will know unless they ask.

Then there are places like Zara / Topman / Cotton On / H&M. To be frank, there are very little clothing stores that deserve special mention. Even the high-end brands often disappoint me. I visit these stores the most and I hardly walk out with any purchases. There are others such as Pull&Bear / A&F but designs are never good enough. The latter is known for being overpriced in Singapore as well. US have them cheaper. Other less well known brands are scattered, you'll just have to find them yourselves. I find Bugis area to be quite pleasantly surprising. Some have good designs and are affordable as well.

Overall Opinion: The fashion industry needs to focus more on Men's clothing. Have not been impressed for quite a while.

Edited by SoSonni

Instagram | @sodamnsonni

Twitter | @sosonni

No sports brand lovers here? I like Nike, Adidas and Puma. Have a lot of clothes from Cotton On too. And this denim shirt from Muji also, one of the best purchases of my life.

They have their own styling rather than the commonly worn sports brand wears, I think.

"Listen -- are you living just a little and calling it life?"

Mary Oliver

I normally shop at Topman, Zara , H&M , Cotton On, Bugis Street for Berms . But I'm that kind of person that goes for design. Cheap or expensive , if the design caught my eye i will get it so don't bother judging where i shop. But if you want affordable, plain and typical men apparels just head to H&M they have literally everything, from head to toe.

For me, Topman is my usual because the designs are unique and they have petite sizes (yes for dwarves like me) but it's getting mainstream now ugh. Topman also follows UK fashion trend, so it's convenient for people who likes variation and dress well all year long. They offer shirts, t-shirts polos, outerwear, chinos and jeans with nice cuttings. I detest Uniqlo because the shop is super plain and boring but you can head there for affordable basics. The reason i get berms from Bugis street is because it's cheap and plain, easy to match with my tops. And for some reason, some of their berms resemble the ones from Topman. (so why not?) (and can bargain somemore) As for H&M and Cotton On, they don't really follow trends. I get most of my miscellaneous stuffs there, like slippers and beanies whatsoever and occasionally, some limited designs for some seasons only because they . Not forgetting F21 men. yes FOREVER 21 HAS MEN APPARELS TOO. DON'T BE SO ILL-INFORMED AND STEREOTYPICAL. ( i hate how i get stares when i walk into F21 Ion -.- ) F21 men has the worst collections but their stuffs are real cheap! Maybe for basics and some outerwear, you can head there.

But for the above shops mentioned, their sizes are relatively big because they're not designed for petite asians like me -_- I can't barely fit into their XS or size 29 for pants without the top being too long or the pants being too loose or chinos getting too long. If you're tall and average built, okay good for you.

Jeans wise, I prefer Levi's or The Denim shop or nudies jeans. They tend to last longer and the colour won't run. But i don't usually wear long pants because i look like a dwarf with exploding legs. so yeah

And seriously, if you're fashion-savvy , Singapore is a horrible place to get your stuffs because the designs imported here are so limited and you can spot everyone wearing the same thing on this small little dot on the globe. I frequent ASOS.com too. They offer a wide range of designs and sizes, some affordable and good. (not mentioning free shipping) I love thrift shopping too! Taobao is my favourite because there are inspired items and unique designs at a very very affordable rate. (not only clothings. accessories and other stuffs too ) I shop in blogshops too, for accessories and shirts, when I'm lazy to source them out in Taobao. E.g. Hervintagestore.net myfashionstory.sg etc etc.

Okay enough cheap talk. I know I'm an reowned cheapo. But I don't see the point of buying the brand just to show off, right? Okay for atas shopping yes as mentioned, AX , CK , Dior , Prada , YSL, Givenchy , Versace etc etc. For me, only if the design is nice then I will buy lorh. I'm not very branded lol. I've only got a "Birds of Paradise " and "Uno De Nosotros" t-shirt from Givenchy, each costing a bomb ( -_- ) Basic tees from AX and the others.... nothing. For Versace and Chanel I like their fragrance only *side track*

For shoes, I only buy sneakers from Converse (i like high cut ones although i look unflatteringly short) (quite affordable) , leather boots from Doctor Martens , casual slip in shoes from Toms ( really comfy and affordable too) , slippers from Havaianas and the rest... from random online sites. Visit ASOS for shoes . They have ALOT. Just don't get from bata. (buy and throw away lol)

I am working at Pull & Bear,I've also worked in Topman , Esprit and Zara. For P&B, no staff discount though ( -.-) and the stuffs are severely overpriced. But Pull &Bear mostly focuses on Autumn/Fall concepts. I've been hanging the clothes till I can remember the designs ald lol. Their sweaters and plush are not bad. But still, very mainstream and common. Their denim quality is good but honestly, I won't buy alot from there. Esprit... their men apparels are horrendous beyond my imagination.

Okay enough of my long winded and naggy whole chunk of useless essay. Basicially:

If you're 1. plain and boring and just wanna wear some clothes to cover yourself : No comments. Just cover yourself with banana leaves tyvm. -_-

2. Back to the basics and casual and plain : Uniqlo , F21 Men , Esprit (for older man)

3. smart casual / casual but average : H&M , Cotton On , Pull and Bear, Blogshops ,bugis street

4. Well dressed : Topman , Zara

5. Fashion savvy : They don't need recommendations.

6. Too much money to spend : AX CK Dior Versace Givenchy LV ..... happy swiping your card.

Okay i need to stop before people start bashing me. Oh and actually i don't have very good fashion sense so maybe you can trust like 95% of what i've said? Just listing down the places i go to for shopping wee~

Happy Shopping guys !! ^_^ ^_^

Edited by SEPTIE1234

It's better than I ever even knew.

Guest Formal wear

I'll b attending my graduation ceremony very soon, I'm someone who doesn't have good fashion sense in terms of formal wear, anyone can recommend what to wear underneath my graduation gown? And where can I buy? Kindly don't recommend naked underneath... This joke is very distasteful n old... Thks in advance...

I'll b attending my graduation ceremony very soon, I'm someone who doesn't have good fashion sense in terms of formal wear, anyone can recommend what to wear underneath my graduation gown? And where can I buy? Kindly don't recommend naked underneath... This joke is very distasteful n old... Thks in advance...

white shirt and business pants? G2000 has a whole lot of that. or F21 men if price is of concern.

It's better than I ever even knew.

You yourself is your biggest clothing designer.

When you have the looks and body to match, pasar malam clothes will still look good.

When I wear $2 pasar malam wife beater, people still say I am smoking hot.

I like Muji, little expensive, Uniqlo (value for money even better when on sale) and Korean brand from Robinson (expensive but the cut is very fitting for slim guys).

yes!! I randomly bought a shirt that time in BHG (also some japan/korean brand), and their shirt size goes by like. 46..48.. 50 instead of S.M,L

It is the most fitting shirt I have bought so far, and it's rather affordable :/

Topman and Uniqlo is where i head to often for smaller sized clothes, though Cotton On is good as well :)

I dont know anything abt really branded stuff like AX or CK. No money ORZ

Bugis street actually has quite some gems hidden in some stores. But avoid tribal patterns. they're EVERYWHERE now s:

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

i have the tendency to shop when i'm out of sg...

perhaps there's too many carbon copies of what ppl are wearing....

stuffs that's unique and not availabe here are my thing....

but i do have weakness for high cut shoes and duffel/weekender bags... damn, fml....

go shopping with me! i love formal wear... though i'm not in an industry to wear one... i believe a man can be very dashing, suave and dapper when u got ur combi right...

subtlety makes a big difference in formal wear... cos everything could look the same; pants, shirts, blazer, shoes...

so the devil is definitely in the detail...

Raoul, Surrender, Club 21men's, Zara, H and M, Actually, Marc Jacobs, Left Foot, Topman, I shop everywhere but being fashion trained, I tend to be more picky but overseas is great too, Rinacente in Milan, Lane Crawford in HK and of course Dover Street Market in London and not forgetting, Kapok in Hongkong. Be yourself, start wearing clothes and not allowing big brands to wear you. I mix up brands, from high to low for fun and for a sense of being yourself.

i have the tendency to shop when i'm out of sg...

perhaps there's too many carbon copies of what ppl are wearing....

stuffs that's unique and not availabe here are my thing....

but i do have weakness for high cut shoes and duffel/weekender bags... damn, fml....

go shopping with me! i love formal wear... though i'm not in an industry to wear one... i believe a man can be very dashing, suave and dapper when u got ur combi right...

subtlety makes a big difference in formal wear... cos everything could look the same; pants, shirts, blazer, shoes...

so the devil is definitely in the detail...

What about clothing for your cat?

He deserves some fashion too. :3

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• Guest locked this topic