Male HQ

China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音

D-boy

Remember nathan said he want to eat his fav ba chor mee when he come back...but no mention where. Else it will be like Schooling's carrot cake case.

Anyway his milo peng promise is fulfilled by nestle....last fri already van parked at plaza sing giving out free iced milo....read there will be other places soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Popular singing contest The Voice to have Singapore/Malaysia edition

SINGAPORE — Singapore artistes may soon not have to look too far to get their shot of fame. Popular international singing contest The Voice will be having a Singapore/Malaysia edition after film producer mm2 Entertainment acquired exclusive licensed rights to produce and broadcast The Voice from Talpa Global.

mm2 Entertainment, which is the company behind hit army movie franchise Ah Boys To Men, will produce the Singapore/Malaysia version of The Voice in Mandarin. The series, which is slated to air in both countries next year, is the first time a single version of the format is produced for two territories.

Melvin Ang, chief executive officer of mm2 Asia, said: “Given the strong historical and cultural bond between the two countries, the Singapore/Malaysia version is a great way to extend this iconic format to this part of the world. Through the show, we’re also looking to unearth fresh acting and singing talents for our diverse range of movies and entertainment platforms.”

According to Talpa Global, The Voice has attracted more than 500 million viewers. It has over 55 million Facebook fans and more than 10 million Twitter followers. The Voice and The Voice Kids have close to 8 billion YouTube views and over 12 million subscribers worldwide.

Maarten Meijs, managing director of Talpa Global, said: “The Voice continues to prove its universal appeal, with the focus on positivity being the differentiating factor that speaks to audiences around the globe. Currently airing in over 180 countries with close to 70 local productions, a very rare accomplishment in today’s television landscape, we’re incredibly proud that The Voice has reached yet another new territory and believe the format will be a fantastic hit in Singapore and Malaysia.”

The 11th season of its American edition is currently airing, and features singers Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keys as coaches to the contestants.

The recent Sing! China, a rebranded version of The Voice of China, saw home-grown singer Nathan Hartono emerge second place.

25 minutes ago, EtoEto said:

But who will be the coaches?

Still early. Not much details. Don't even know which month.

One thing good is more chances and exposure for the local and malaysian singers. Mediacorp like no more singing contests these few yrs.

But viewership....i don't think it'll sell overseas as good as China version. 

• HendryTan changed the title to China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手+中国新歌声+梦想的声音
  • HendryTan changed the title to China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, onlylonely said:

This week quite disappointing. All not very good

Kinda agreed as this is the last episode before the concert I'd expect it to have more oomph also they didn't manage to fill all 12 spots for the contestant performers which is kinda disappointing.

Here is episode 12 of Sound of My Dream:

Wasn't expecting it to be a competition episode but instead a congratulatory concert by those who were chosen by the teachers or won against them. Kinda neutral with this episode and they gave everyone an award lol.

I'm actually surprised that Teresa Caprio agreed to join this program.  Given her status as a singing coach to many singers like Gigi Leung, she really has NO need to prove her worth.  However having her in this program means that the show is genuinely scouring for talents.  

Teresa's entrance was that of a superstar.  Her rendition of Imagine was controlled and not over-the-top.  Although she sang in English and is virtually unknown to the mainland market, garnering 3rd position proves that the audience know what is really GOOD.  Of course, Sandy Lam was outstanding too. 

Surprised 光良 wasnt the last! Felt that his 鸡仔声 has very limited range to prove his worth in this stage. 袁娅维‘s should not be last. Cant wait for her to sing R&B and Jazz. That part where she and 雨神互跪拜 claiming to be 师弟师妹 was quite funny.

And my most endearing Sandy, simply amazing! 好听到我耳朵怀孕了。。。

Theresa performance is simple and elegant and consistence each week. Sandy and Dimash's performance is not that good this week. I wonder why Jason is coming back again. There are more good singer to be discovered out there...

Next will G.E.M coming back again?

Edited by mantin30

To be honest, I find the mainland audience do not really appreciate good presentation - I do not disagree that 谭晶姐姐 was outstanding - from her clothes, stage presence and of course, the choice of an unknown song. 

In my opinion, Teresa was really controlled and was able to emote the right sensitivity to that song.  Sandy on the other hand chose a song that was really not within her comfort zone.  Both were placed at the bottom because they sang in English.   Teresa will sing in Cantonese next week while Sandy will sing in Mandarin.  

I reckon that  Dimash Kudaibergen need to show that besides hitting the high notes, he is able to tackle other genres.  His next song, 秋意浓 (李香兰的华语版)is yet another song from the higher timbre range. Hopefully he can attempt Broadway or Jazz numbers in the future.

so sad that (censored) is eliminated next week

really really like that singer....and i heard that singer did not perform well...was too emotional when singing and could not hold it together...such a pity....(but ironically got 4th placing in the votes but combined with this week's vote, was the singer with the least vote)

this season the replacement singers are all comeback singers...Terry Lin (Season 1) is the next replacement comeback singer while the PK singer is...you guessed it, yet another Chinese male singer

如果网上的消息是真的, 那也只能说明大陆观众的另类喜好不是歌手的错误。赵雷说的好:”这只是一场游戏, 不打紧的”。。Without the next eliminated singer, the show has lost its credibility.  So far after 3 shows, none of the singers really attempt to step out of their comfort zones and showcase a DIFFERENT side of themselves. 

2 hours ago, abang said:

如果网上的消息是真的, 那也只能说明大陆观众的另类喜好不是歌手的错误。赵雷说的好:”这只是一场游戏, 不打紧的”。。Without the next eliminated singer, the show has lost its credibility.  So far after 3 shows, none of the singers really attempt to step out of their comfort zones and showcase a DIFFERENT side of themselves. 

Vincent ?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.