Male HQ

Wide Age Gap Relationship + R/ship Btw A Younger And Older Guy + Does Age Matters In A R/ship? (Compiled)

Guest Senior

Age gap in a relationship/date  

227 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of my friends say over 25 is UNCLE. This poisoned way of speaking has created a new bad word and a bad attitude for everyone's future life. Hope will stop.

Those r nt frens. Those r brats.

Most of my friends say over 25 is UNCLE. This poisoned way of speaking has created a new bad word and a bad attitude for everyone's future life. Hope will stop.

no la.. uncle is above 35 to me la..but its about looks and how u dress and behave.. u can be 21 n i feel u look uncle. If you are balding, unshaven mustache, pale as an ass, with paunch belly and wear slippers, faded flowery berms with hold in the pocket. u can be 21 and be uncle.

I often hear my friend telling he can't find a twink as a bf as most twinks not into older guys . He's 28 . So to all those twinks (or maybe twinks that you know ) , do you /they mind such age ?

Would I be considered a twink? If yes, I don't really mind someone older, but with that said, I still hope that he's not too far from my age!

53804455581364443761520.jpg

I want to hug you like that ..

Naturally we tend to imagine the older ones will go first. I can imagine the impact on older guys who have lost their younger partners.

Imagine an old man of 60 plus who has lost his young partner. He might have wished that one lying there is himself, not his boy boy who was 25 years younger. But well it's fate and god has decided to take him away.

The dead is gone, left behind a lonely old man who live in solitude and memories, isn't it so sad ?

I haven't read through the entire topic, but I decided to chime in regardless.

There is a famous "Standard Creepiness Rule" which suggests that for the sake of propriety, one should try not date another person under "Half Your Age Plus Seven Years".

So if you don't want outsiders to look at you askance, no one older than 65 should be in a relationship with anyone younger than 39 and a half, no one older than 22 should be in a relationship with anyone younger than 18, and no one under 14 years of age should be in a relationship at all...

There's even a chart for quick reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg

i think that rule is right

i hate it when young twinks go after old guys.. the claim its  not the money, but yet chase for things like car, free lunch, drinks and "care" since these uncles have alot of time to spare

and worst are twinks that give their love to the oldies.. and the oldie treat the young thing nothing more than a money boy, and move on when there is a fresher piece of meat

i think that rule is right

i hate it when young twinks go after old guys.. the claim its not the money, but yet chase for things like car, free lunch, drinks and "care" since these uncles have alot of time to spare

and worst are twinks that give their love to the oldies.. and the oldie treat the young thing nothing more than a money boy, and move on when there is a fresher piece of meat

I think I will find a twinks richer than me...

my first bf is only 1 month older than my current bf. i am 27yo they are both 52 yo this year. first relationship lasted for almost 7 yrs. 

i dont go for mature guys for their $$. i just like mature guys. but i think it may be due to lack of fatherly love when i was growing up... 

Edited by Cereal

Cherish the good memories u have with him... Don't care what other ppl thinks says or even bother about the age factor... If u are happy with him thats the only important things u should think of...

Guest skinny boy

Though my bf is around my age, always dreamt of having a mature good-looking muscular bottomish straight-looking bf.. haha.. Guess that is just a fantasy.. Always good to have something to day-dream about.. XD

I think 10 years age gap is the max. Reason I say that is because the level of maturity etc. will be a lot closer. Plus I always picture this in my head: it is one thing that the older guy is 50, and the younger guy 25. Fast forward 25 years, the older guy will be 75, but the younger will only be 50. Imagine a photo taken together. 

Love. 

I think 10 years age gap is the max. Reason I say that is because the level of maturity etc. will be a lot closer. Plus I always picture this in my head: it is one thing that the older guy is 50, and the younger guy 25. Fast forward 25 years, the older guy will be 75, but the younger will only be 50. Imagine a photo taken together. 

Well, it so happens that I am 50 and my bf is 24. Somehow, the "Half Your Age Plus Seven Years" don't apply to us.  Still, we have been together for more than 7 month now and we are still going strong.  Not that we do not have our problems, but we make sure we talk about it.

Don't let anyone tells you that it won't work. For relationship to work;

LOVE + EFFORT + PATIENCE + UNDERSTANDING = RELATIONSHIP IN PROGRESS

Well, it so happens that I am 50 and my bf is 24. Somehow, the "Half Your Age Plus Seven Years" don't apply to us.  Still, we have been together for more than 7 month now and we are still going strong.  Not that we do not have our problems, but we make sure we talk about it.

Don't let anyone tells you that it won't work. For relationship to work;

LOVE + EFFORT + PATIENCE + UNDERSTANDING = RELATIONSHIP IN PROGRESS

I agree 100% that there is no guidebook on what will work and what won't when it comes to relationships.

I can only share from personal observations. Part of what I feel can be challenging with such a wide age difference is for the younger guy. When i was younger, I dated a guy who was 12 years my senior. It worked great for the first couple of years, as he somewhat provided a mentor figure etc. However, as i got older, I find myself outgrowing my need for that and also coming into who I am as an individual. Things ended between us when he realised I am no longer needed him as much. I guess we fed off each other's needs. Me needing someone in the mentor/father figure role and him needing someone younger and to feel needed.

Love. 

Guest Horny chub

My current bf is 5 yrs older than me and we hv been together for >5 yrs. we are from very different backgrounds and upbringings. We hv different view in lots of matters: politics, interests, world and culture. We also hv some gap in terms of financial/earning capacity.

But all these never stopped us from being & staying together. I seriously think a relationship will only work if both parties is willing to maintain and keep it going. Respect, consideration, love and understanding are the 4 corner stones of a successful relationship.

• 1 month later...
  • G_M changed the title to True Love Story #4 - Love & Differences
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.