Male HQ

Wide Age Gap Relationship + R/ship Btw A Younger And Older Guy + Does Age Matters In A R/ship? (Compiled)

Guest Senior

Age gap in a relationship/date  

227 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guess it depends on the whole package and not just the age.
There are some 20yo who look like greek dogs while the 30s can be greek gods - in which case, it's probably the 20 yo guy who needs to get worried.

Just like my 40 yo colleague who is well-packaged and guys just go gaga around him, whereas I am left around to kio sai.

So it's not the age per se.

My friend is 22 and he is seeing a guy who's 32. My friend is concerned about this 10 year gap as he feels the older guy would be "in a different phase of life and maturity", "might be interested in different topics", "be easily able to find other guys his age" and "would not be satisfied with the younger poorer guy who has yet to even start school".

I did feel like knocking some sense to my 22 year old friend, as I've always felt the older guy would be the more worried one.

What do you guys think though?

I never see age as an issue maybe because mental age is more important... a 50 year old can be less matured than a 20 year old.

That said I like the vitality of a young guy, and the wisdom and stability of an older established guy.

Guess there's really no benchmark.

I never see age as an issue maybe because mental age is more important... a 50 year old can be less matured than a 20 year old.

That said I like the vitality of a young guy, and the wisdom and stability of an older established guy.

Guess there's really no benchmark.

True. Grey hairs is not a sign of wisdom. It's a sign of aging.

Guest wozzit

True. Grey hairs is not a sign of wisdom. It's a sign of aging.

Not necessarily so. I know someone who started getting grey hairs aged 19. By his mid 20s he had lots. He was going to dye them but other guys said he looked distinguished! He changed his mind  :o

Its natural that young guys think about relationships in terms of sex n can older guys still get it up!! Relationships r more about chemistry, companionship, mutual interests, caring n sharing than they r about age. I have a friend in Taiwan who fell in love with a guy aged 54 when he was 23. They lived together for 5 years n both were extremely happy. He said the sex was more exciting n more varied. When his lover was posted to another country, he eventually started a relationship with a European guy younger than him. It was intense n passionate. He believed they would go to Europe n get married. Then the rows started. He went to Europe but it was a disaster. He's now back in Taiwan with an older guy.

Most I think like similar age but some like younger, some like older. We should respect diversity of choice as much as we do diversity of sexuality.

Not necessarily so. I know someone who started getting grey hairs aged 19. By his mid 20s he had lots. He was going to dye them but other guys said he looked distinguished! He changed his mind :o

Its natural that young guys think about relationships in terms of sex n can older guys still get it up!! Relationships r more about chemistry, companionship, mutual interests, caring n sharing than they r about age. I have a friend in Taiwan who fell in love with a guy aged 54 when he was 23. They lived together for 5 years n both were extremely happy. He said the sex was more exciting n more varied. When his lover was posted to another country, he eventually started a relationship with a European guy younger than him. It was intense n passionate. He believed they would go to Europe n get married. Then the rows started. He went to Europe but it was a disaster. He's now back in Taiwan with an older guy.

Most I think like similar age but some like younger, some like older. We should respect diversity of choice as much as we do diversity of sexuality.

Give this man a beer! *Cheers*

Me and my ah Lao have 19yrs gap. We have been together for 9yrs and still going strong. The rest is up to you guys to imagine. Hah.. can't be bothered, I happy can liaoz.

Me and my ah Lao have 19yrs gap. We have been together for 9yrs and still going strong. The rest is up to you guys to imagine. Hah.. can't be bothered, I happy can liaoz.

Your ah lao how old? Is he single or married?

I used to tell people that i would NEVER date someone who is 10 years older or more. Initially i think that it will be a terrible decision cause we would never click! We would never have a common conversation topic. It's like it's impossible for us to be together at all. 

But then one fine "morning" in the club, i met this guy. Just happen to be dancing nearby and then each we danced together and got to know each other. At first thought i didn't like guess that he was 33? So i thought okay la just make friends..... Not like anything will happen. So we went out, had meals and then we met more and more often. At first i was thinking and actually asking my bestfriend like "This dude is 33 leh. OMG AGE GAP!". Till this day, i still laugh when i think back.

Ironically, we had lots of common interest and we think alike. So actually Age doesn't limit and shouldn't be limited by others. Instead, having 2 person from different "time" help each other gain more experience and different perspective. 

Of course, I thank him for making  me becoming who i am now. :)

"I love the way you lie."

Guest Miss Out

I often wonder, for age gap >10years, whether the younger partner may miss out on experiencing his own youth. Say you are 25 and your other half is a whole generation away at 40. Chances are, the 40yo will be comparatively more successful career-wise and have more sophisticated pursuits. Even if they enjoy clubbing, it's more likely a "once in a while" thing. For a younger person to hang with an older group, there must be some "missing out" isn't it? Not saying that is necessarily bad, but how can one know the trade off is worth it? At 25, you may want to enjoy backpacking and grunging on AirBnB, not flying First/Business and staying at the St Regis?

My ex bf, who is 25yo, is in a relationship with a 49 yo dude.

While our relationship was fun while it lasted, we realized we were not compatible for the long run.

He used to say that he won't be able to date someone who would be 10 years older, but as it turns out...

It's good to see him so happy now, so this 49 yo dude has been good for his soul.

Funny how life works out?

^_^

i used to have a friend who say he will never date any guy younger than him and ironically his bf now is 10 yrs younger than him

My friend is 22 and he is seeing a guy who's 32. My friend is concerned about this 10 year gap as he feels the older guy would be "in a different phase of life and maturity", "might be interested in different topics", "be easily able to find other guys his age" and "would not be satisfied with the younger poorer guy who has yet to even start school".

I did feel like knocking some sense to my 22 year old friend, as I've always felt the older guy would be the more worried one.

What do you guys think though?

as the older guy, i felt what you thought while my younger partner takes me for granted as if at the end i will be the one at the losing end if things wont work out

of course, with this kind of mentality, things indeed didnt work out

Guest Generalizer

This is a very BIG generalization for older fellas, but yet has some truth: tweenies are like fast food burgers - quick satisfaction. Over-Forties are like a steak - more complexity. Over-Fifties are like, hmmmn, beef jerky?

I dont think age gap is a factor for me as long as the person still looks good and always nice to me. He can be a undead who live a million years and still looks good and love me than it will also be no problem. People say of generation gap will talk differently at different ages but for me my personality never change much and i always young at heart, still like to running around and playing with the one i like. Whenever i am happy i am always auto hyperactive.

Surprised to see how open the age gap is. I Know I am being superficial, but my max for now is +/- 5.... My ex is 18 year older than me and i find it hard to accept the age gap which is why we broke up...

Age gap is just a number unless u are finding him too ugly or too fat for you etc

• Guest locked, locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

I'm 26 and I just met this guy who is 40. We have been dating and things have been going well. The age gap has not been apparent because he says I act older than my age, and he acts (and looks) younger for his age. We have been dating for a month, and I am still trying to figure out the dynamics of my relationship. What do mature bottoms looks for in a younger top? I have traditionally been bottom and my exes have been older - that I can understand, older guy seeking to dominate and fuck the younger boy. I'm not sure about the reverse, and was hoping if anyone could share some insight

3 minutes ago, gymmr said:

What do mature bottoms looks for in a younger top?

1. maturity

2. long-term view towards cultivating the relationship

3. non-possessiveness

4. open-mindedness towards new experiences

5. reliability, integrity

6. a willingness to tide it through tough times

7. your hot cum (kidding)

37 minutes ago, Guest said:

1. maturity

2. long-term view towards cultivating the relationship

3. non-possessiveness

4. open-mindedness towards new experiences

5. reliability, integrity

6. a willingness to tide it through tough times

7. your hot cum (kidding)

I would have given this a like, but such a waste to give it to a Guest.. Haha.. 

Open invitation? I m sure there are lots of mind blowing top here willing to take your job....anyway age got nothing to do with top or btm, just a personal preference, just like some prefer eat noddle, others like rice, got it.

Usually mature go for youthfulness, n young for stability.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

13 hours ago, manehiso said:

I would have given this a like, but such a waste to give it to a Guest.. Haha.. 

I would have given this a dislike, but I can't be bothered to waste any more time on you.  Haha...

16 hours ago, gymmr said:

I'm 26 and I just met this guy who is 40. We have been dating and things have been going well. The age gap has not been apparent because he says I act older than my age, and he acts (and looks) younger for his age. We have been dating for a month, and I am still trying to figure out the dynamics of my relationship. What do mature bottoms looks for in a younger top? I have traditionally been bottom and my exes have been older - that I can understand, older guy seeking to dominate and fuck the younger boy. I'm not sure about the reverse, and was hoping if anyone could share some insight

I would say:

Let love develop and let it develop naturally, don't worry about the figure/age

Don't complex matters

But interesting to know of btm converting to tops

Guest Teatree
7 hours ago, J0Boo said:

As long as the sex is enjoyable...age doesn't really matter (except underage haha :lol:

Age does matter.  It is very common for young bottoms looking for mature top and vice versa rather than young tops looking for mature bottoms.  Reason is obvious. 

9 minutes ago, Guest Teatree said:

Age does matter.  It is very common for young bottoms looking for mature top and vice versa rather than young tops looking for mature bottoms.  Reason is obvious. 

No no no...right now what you're saying I feel is actually depending on skills and appearance. Not about age.

39 minutes ago, J0Boo said:

No no no...right now what you're saying I feel is actually depending on skills and appearance. Not about age.

8 hours ago, J0Boo said:

As long as the sex is enjoyable...age doesn't really matter (except underage haha :lol:

Sex is enjoyable depends a lot on skills and appearance.  No?  

There are mature bottoms who are still immature about life, relationship and there're those who are truly mature. Not all mature bottoms are matured in their mindset. Get to know him more, converse with him regularly, and eventually you will know what he looks for in you.  

Yo jeez...jeez mama...

13 hours ago, viv4v said:

Omg, I just had sex with a 17yo young boy who topped me! And I'm 40yo!

He was so shy and kept asking me if he's doing a good job fucking me?

What do you guys say?

Share him.

I believe it's more towards finding the balance of whether the two of you are in the same place

The notion about this type of situation would always be the younger one being deemed carefree whilst the older one wants to settle down,

but that's not always the case, and if you guys connect well and are in the same place, take that chance, ride that boat

Communication will always be the core of lasting relationships,

and although bad sex is a reason for couples to break-up, it should not be the center of a relationship

(good sex that makes you squeal sex is like a bonus, tho)

Younger guys can also top, it's not a surprise, not all of us are inexperienced in that matter anymore,

given how raunchy and randy we are at this age and time

20 hours ago, viv4v said:

What do you guys say?

I say 

I hope 

U r either joking

Or 

U r not in sg.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I agree with some posts here, age doesn't matter and sex is just sex. The role has nothing to do with age either, if you're a bottom, you're a bottom and will likely stay that way I can say speaking for myself (as always, some people will be different). The question is not so much what a "mature BOTTOM" looks for in a "younger TOP", but rather what an older GUY looks for in a younger GUY.  That's a wide topic, can be many things/reasons. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter as long as you get along well as you apparently do

22 hours ago, viv4v said:

What do you guys say?

Isn't it statutory rape in Singapore? The 17 yr old would still be considered a minor.

Guest Teatree
1 hour ago, bkkandy said:

I agree with some posts here, age doesn't matter and sex is just sex. The role has nothing to do with age either, if you're a bottom, you're a bottom and will likely stay that way I can say speaking for myself (as always, some people will be different). The question is not so much what a "mature BOTTOM" looks for in a "younger TOP", but rather what an older GUY looks for in a younger GUY.  That's a wide topic, can be many things/reasons. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter as long as you get along well as you apparently do

Some tops may find mature bottoms' hole too loose like recycled rubber band.  Some young bottoms may find mature tops a loose cannon.  In some way, to some people, age has everything to do with sex.  If you are 20 years or more older than your partner, you may find yourself not meeting up to his expectation. 

On ‎17‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:09 PM, Guest Teatree said:

Some tops may find mature bottoms' hole too loose like recycled rubber band.  Some young bottoms may find mature tops a loose cannon.  In some way, to some people, age has everything to do with sex.  If you are 20 years or more older than your partner, you may find yourself not meeting up to his expectation. 

Agree

Guest Matured

It is good that he's comfortable with being the matured bottom.

I knew a young& old couple who were both flex. The younger wanted frequent sex so much that the older was worn out and exhausted, he could not keep up as a top. Eventually he could not perform as a top and became the total bottom.

The older guy was my fuck buddy and he had fucked me well before. Then he complained to me that the young bf see him no up as a man. He even cracked bottoms jokes about him when with friends. Finally they separated.

A matured bottom's ego is very fragile. You must treat him with respect as an elder even after fucking him until he cry father cry mother. But you also don't overdo it by being too careful that sex became boring. Like the straights say, treat him like a friend out of bed but treat him like a prostitute when in bed.

Most friends will automatically assumed he's the top and you're the bottom as you said so. So whatever he allowed you to do to him while fucking him to heaven, all these bedroom stories stay in the bedroom. Don't be like that young bf who once angrily scolded the matured guy that he'll show him color tonight when in bed. Then the other guests started joining in with bottoms jokes like "waaa tonight your backside sure open flower", then another add,"but shiok shiok, you like right", then another added army joke, "make him stand by bed, inspect backside then pumping him good good lah". The matured guy had to endured the embarrassment without looking upset.

Guest Matured

Some younger tops like to bully me as the bottom because he's fucking me like charity. He'll insult that my hole is loose, I'm already wilted flower 殘花敗柳。

Anyway, I know that's expected and like he said, "You no like it you can walk out. You still want to open your legs then don't complain even if I rape you. Nobody's forcing you. 願者上鉤,操死你不用償命。,是你自己送上門來的。"

But not all matured men accept this type of humiliation.

• G_M changed the title to True Love Story #4 - Love & Differences
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.