Male HQ

Discussion on Body piercing + That Guy got Piercing..confirm Gay Or Beng (Compiled)

worldangel

Everyone wants to look good. I mean, getting a piercing is just part of it. Wearing clothes, tidying your hair, washing your face, keeping yourself presentable, it's all part of maintaining your image. If all of that is considered metrosexual/gay/feminine , well, don't wear anything or do anything then. Go out naked, unshaven, sloppy, dirty and unpresentable if that's your definition of erm... bring man? lol. :o

It's better than I ever even knew.

Everyone wants to look good. I mean, getting a piercing is just part of it. Wearing clothes, tidying your hair, washing your face, keeping yourself presentable, it's all part of maintaining your image. If all of that is considered metrosexual/gay/feminine , well, don't wear anything or do anything then. Go out naked, unshaven, sloppy, dirty and unpresentable if that's your definition of erm... bring man? lol. :o

I'm not a supporter of the stereotype, but let's not exaggerrate things...

I clearly emphasized the word "guys are not supposed to pay that much attention to...", because let's not kid ourselves, some aspects of image-maintenance are definitely more than just about looking presentable/neat/decent. There's really a fine line between wearing tidy clothes vs. wearing polkadot V-neck with striking hot pink colours, tidying your hair vs. sporting outrageous hairstyle that's stolen from a BIGBANG music video, washing your face vs. hiding your face underneath tons of makeup.

I won't go as far as to lump "earrings" with "tonnes of makeup", but let's not pretend that earring is part of our daily grooming necessities either.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest stbrianud

I'm not a supporter of the stereotype, but let's not exaggerrate things...

I clearly emphasized the word "guys are not supposed to pay that much attention to...", because let's not kid ourselves, some aspects of image-maintenance are definitely more than just about looking presentable/neat/decent. There's really a fine line between wearing tidy clothes vs. wearing polkadot V-neck with striking hot pink colours, tidying your hair vs. sporting outrageous hairstyle that's stolen from a BIGBANG music video, washing your face vs. hiding your face underneath tons of makeup.

I won't go as far as to lump "earrings" with "tonnes of makeup", but let's not pretend that earring is part of our daily grooming necessities either.

I don't disagree...

I believe there has to be a balance...

It's not wrong for men to be concerned with their appearance.. I mean who doesn't want to look good?

But for one to be overly obsessed with looking good. Man that's messed up. Once you have a mirror in your pocket.. I believe that's a little to much already.. Hahah.

But well... I guess the yin and yang thing is changing... Soon it will just be a grey circle lol

one of my auntie asked me durin cny, eh, u pierce your ear means u r gay ah? in my mind i was like.. "yea, but im not telling ya! :P! lol. and wads with the stereotyping? so many people got their ears pierced nowadays, its not just a girl's thing anymore." In the end i just laughed at her and responded, ask your daughter, she's the y generation, she should be able to resolve your qns. :X

.......Inner Peace.......

I don't disagree...

I believe there has to be a balance...

It's not wrong for men to be concerned with their appearance.. I mean who doesn't want to look good?

But for one to be overly obsessed with looking good. Man that's messed up. Once you have a mirror in your pocket.. I believe that's a little to much already.. Hahah.

But well... I guess the yin and yang thing is changing... Soon it will just be a grey circle lol

Yeah I agree.

I personally don't think anything is wrong about wanting to be fashionable, but for the conservatists, anything more than just presentable/neat for guys is perceived negatively. My mom once told my sister that she was worried because I began to wear tighter clothes, and then my sis started to ask me about my sexuality. :mellow:

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I don't think I will ever ink my body besides I am tanned. When I travel to exotic places, I tend to get henna done on my chest. They don't last but always a pleasure for the brief period. Love those with tribal tattoos but when it is too much just like piercing then the beauty fades away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

I got mine when I was 17, I just told my mum I wanted one, she was like, "When? Want me to go with you not?"

And recently, I bought a pair of screw-earrings which I found really cool, so I told her I want to get my other ear pierced, she was okay with it.

Rather than having piercings = Gay.

My encounters were more like, left ear pierced = straight/universal, right ear pierced = gay.

I was on the bus with a friend and this guy sat in front of us, with a earring on his right ear, my friend told me that person was gay for sure, seeing how he had a piercing on the right ear.

It wasn't just that incident, also had a few other occasions where other friends also said the same thing.

<p>

I got mine when I was 17, I just told my mum I wanted one, she was like, "When? Want me to go with you not?"

And recently, I bought a pair of screw-earrings which I found really cool, so I told her I want to get my other ear pierced, she was okay with it.

My encounters were more like, left ear pierced = straight/universal, right ear pierced = gay.

I was on the bus with a friend and this guy sat in front of us, with a earring on his right ear, my friend told me that person was gay for sure, seeing how he had a piercing on the right ear.

It wasn't just that incident, also had a few other occasions where other friends also said the same thing.

heard before this saying too, not true too i guess?

Edited by mvoo

Dun think piercing means gay, nowadays it is so common to see guys piercing on their ear. But whether if the guy pierced on left ear indicate he is str8, and pierced on right ear is gay, until now i still dun know how true is this theory?

Often i see guys who pierced on right ear only, but tht guy doesnt looks like gay to me. Haha :P

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

What do/will u think of a guy who is 40 and out of a sudden went to pierce his ear? For some strange reasons, I wanted to get a tatto or my ear pierce. Jus not sure which ear. Tatto wise I know and am working it to get one on my right shoulder.

Am here for sincere friends... 

@ GM, I think so too that I am getting rebellious only at 40... Such a late bloomer... Hahah... Probably decided to break the chains of conformity and all the traditional thinking that I was brought up in... One of my close friend said... May be you are going thru mid-life crisis. Haha.

Anyway, I am thinking to pierce my right to show who I truly am. But may hv to find a reason or excuse why I pierce my right to my family and friends. Haha. I was thinking it was by 'accident' pierce my right ear.... Or it was an error by the one who pierce my ear. Haha.

@ GM, I think so too that I am getting rebellious only at 40... Such a late bloomer... Hahah... Probably decided to break the chains of conformity and all the traditional thinking that I was brought up in... One of my close friend said... May be you are going thru mid-life crisis. Haha.

Anyway, I am thinking to pierce my right to show who I truly am. But may hv to find a reason or excuse why I pierce my right to my family and friends. Haha. I was thinking it was by 'accident' pierce my right ear.... Or it was an error by the one who pierce my ear. Haha.

I really don't understand why do you need to come up with an excuse to pierce your right ear to explain when you said earlier that you want to "break the chains of conformity and all the traditional thinking and show who you truly am".

If you had made up your mind, why do you need to find an excuse? If anyone were to ask me why I am doing tattoo and piercing, I will just tell them; "I just want to". If they probe further; I'll tell them that it's none of their biz.

What do/will u think of a guy who is 40 and out of a sudden went to pierce his ear? For some strange reasons, I wanted to get a tatto or my ear pierce. Jus not sure which ear. Tatto wise I know and am working it to get one on my right shoulder.

Gymstock unless you dress trendy but you dress like uncle so ether left or right don't suit you at all

I really don't understand why do you need to come up with an excuse to pierce your right ear to explain when you said earlier that you want to "break the chains of conformity and all the traditional thinking and show who you truly am".

If you had made up your mind, why do you need to find an excuse? If anyone were to ask me why I am doing tattoo and piercing, I will just tell them; "I just want to". If they probe further; I'll tell them that it's none of their biz.

obviously there are some remnant of the old thinking... that i need to get rid of. haha. Thks.

Gymstock unless you dress trendy but you dress like uncle so ether left or right don't suit you at all

It took me awhile to decide whether to reply you or not... cos i don't quite enjoy talking to guests. But anyway, if you wanna know, i don't dress like an old uncle. Neither do i dress like I am 20+... I do dress age appropriate but definitely not an uncle.

It took me awhile to decide whether to reply you or not... cos i don't quite enjoy talking to guests. But anyway, if you wanna know, i don't dress like an old uncle. Neither do i dress like I am 20+... I do dress age appropriate but definitely not an uncle.

Yes I'm just a guest but i'm not like you had multiple ID :)

Uncle gymstock I no need to guess your dressing which already know.

• 1 year later...

hmmm. i just want to share that I have ever told my mom that I wanted to get piercing on my ear. (i actually wanted nipple piercing too but that can put on hold :D)

When telling her that well she did not reject the idea, she actually asked me if I want to get it done at well a more sterilized environment. My mother is hippie (Y) but her fashion sense compare to mine is of a totally different world. D:

So have you gotten your nipple piercing?

I dun have any body piercings, so why am I gay?

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

• 1 month later...

Well I guess I have been seeing more guys with expanded ear holes.. To me personally I'm not into any piercings, don't find them appealing. That being said, I definitely don't judge people based on their piercings, to each his own.

Edited by Harold&Kumar

It is our choices…that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Well I always wanted bigger ear holes but I guess I'm going to stick with what I have for now, it's a stage whereby I will pass when I'm older . People often find it childish to have piercings but it's my choice and I was prepared to be a target of criticism when I had them done haha but thanks for pointing out your opinion

People find it childish to have piercings? Naa, have never come across that attitude before. More like people find it radical to have piercings! 

There are so many factors involved, the face or body part, the kinda of piercing, the jewellery used, the placement of the piercing, etc. On some people, piercings really look good and enhances their looks. On others, well its just the opposite. The same with tattoos, guys with coloured hair, etc.

At the end of the day, to each his own.

On a side but related note, supposedly a tongue piercing enhances blow jobs. Errr.. do you have a tongue piercing by any chance?  :twisted:

I do and have heard of the same thing before about bj with tongue studs , it supposedly makes the other party feels better? i dont really know for sure how one silver stud can change your sex life hahaha.

Well I do agree with your point on piercings, I do find some guys attractive and better looking with big ear holes the size of bottle caps but that's about it, I have snake bites, tongue piercings and expanded ear holes.

Well the people I was referring to are mainly adults who see it as childish though , came across many.

Though I have to point out the fact that these things on my face do make it hard to leave a positive impression on any organization (schools, job interviews ) or strangers

Used to wear ear stud in my left ear but I have stopped wearing it after I started working. To answer to your question, it really depends. Not all guys look good with ear piercing. Also, a big no no to extended ear hole. I have a friend who used to have a big ear hole and it kinda freaked me out.

Edited by Foreveralone

GEE.

I do find guys with ear piercing to be cool, cute and handsome(?). 

But I'm curious about this expanded ear hole thingy...

Is it meant to look good in it or literally for the trend?

For those that have it done, it is a thing of beauty. but i guess people nowadays just do it for the sake of the trend. Personally i like it on myself and of course i set limitations that i wouldn't go over , mine is only 8mm big , i've seen friends with 20mm or more , i guess some people do look good in it as i personally like hipster or beng looking guys with such. The procedure to expand can be quite painful though 

Used to wear ear stud in my left ear but I have stopped wearing it after I started working. To answer to your question, it really depends. Not all guys look good with ear piercing. Also, a big no no to extended ear hole. I have a friend who used to have a big ear hole and it kinda freaked me out.

Yes i agree that not all guys look good with it , the majority i've seen do pull it off well . everyone has their opinions for sure and majority of people i know do oppose or find expanded ear holes a major off . haha

For those that have it done, it is a thing of beauty. but i guess people nowadays just do it for the sake of the trend. Personally i like it on myself and of course i set limitations that i wouldn't go over , mine is only 8mm big , i've seen friends with 20mm or more , i guess some people do look good in it as i personally like hipster or beng looking guys with such. The procedure to expand can be quite painful though 

Yes i agree that not all guys look good with it , the majority i've seen do pull it off well . everyone has their opinions for sure and majority of people i know do oppose or find expanded ear holes a major off . haha

Studs, esp if it is the bling bling type, seem to be more popular as compared to the flesh tunnel which I think you have. 8mm diameter would be rare, 20mm would be even more rare and I think 20mm would border on being ugly. It is strange how it can be a turn off to others as yet with say the Dayaks of Sarawak, expanded and elongated ear lobes are a norm. You definitely will be at a disadvantage when it comes to job interviews unless it is for jobs e.g. in the advertising world, in fashion and perhaps in the performing arts. Unfortunately we have not become as modern thinking to accomodate your tastes :). One of my ex colleagues used to have a tongue piercing. It was not easy talking with her, I kept being distracted by the tongue stud. It is also not good having too large a tongue stud as the steel ball is strong enough to crack enamel.

• Guest locked this topic