Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

Guest Jitpoonkwee
On 25 May 2016 at 3:47 PM, suckmegood said:

mine was quite recent. earlier this year. 

I usually knock before entering the hotel room... superstitious I guess. but in my recent short trip to Tokyo, I sort of forgot about it as I was alone, carrying all my luggages. 

stayed 3 nights and each time I returned, I didn't knock. 

on my last night when I'm packing up, I couldn't find a very precious ring that I usually remove at night and place next to my bed. I flipped my bedding and stuff but just couldn't locate it. I was near my tears and almost giving up, and just as I took my stuff and keys out the next morning to check out, that ring miraculously appeared on the table! I remembered distinctly that I placed it next to my bed!

gosh. 

please remember to to knock and say "excuse me, I'm coming in."

You knock knock and shout: excuse me, I'm coming in.

Japanese ghost: あなたが何を話している、恐れ入りますが?

Guest Huka lodge

New Zealand Huka Lodge.... we slept soundly, but my bf saw a lady holding a baby staring at him that night....( Huka Lodge , famous ,next to HUKA waterfalls )..http://www.hukalodge.co.nz/

Our room is only 20 meters away from the falls.

Check out next day, then bf told me what he saw the night before.... scary

9 minutes ago, Guest Huka lodge said:

New Zealand Huka Lodge.... we slept soundly, but my bf saw a lady holding a baby staring at him that night....( Huka Lodge , famous ,next to HUKA waterfalls )..http://www.hukalodge.co.nz/

Our room is only 20 meters away from the falls.

Check out next day, then bf told me what he saw the night before.... scary

Your BF's (a married man) wife and his new-born kid stalking you both to NZ? That's scary. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 7:23 PM, Derrick86 said:

I often see black

This is confusing. So u can only see dots of spirits color? Does that mean everybody (one who can sense n see) awareness of spirits are different? Some can see the spirit in full form some only shape and some only aura but cant see.

How bout normal people who never encounter such things but suddenly can see them, the term "the will let u see if they want to" applied on this or some conditions like what teatree said. 

Guest Black and White
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

Your color must be BLACK !  due to your black heart when you're still alive.

It's true that the color you saw reflect the type of spirits you encountered.  It's either black or white.

Guest le  parisien

Woke up from a bad dream or so but it seems so vivid that someone went beside my bed but i'm just alone in my room. It felt so reel and the room felt terribly cold and i even not using aircon tonight.

20 minutes ago, Guest le parisien said:

Woke up from a bad dream or so but it seems so vivid that someone went beside my bed but i'm just alone in my room. It felt so reel and the room felt terribly cold and i even not using aircon tonight.

Just turn all the lights while sleeping. 

Guest sadako
On 25 May 2016 at 3:47 PM, suckmegood said:

mine was quite recent. earlier this year. 

I usually knock before entering the hotel room... superstitious I guess. but in my recent short trip to Tokyo, I sort of forgot about it as I was alone, carrying all my luggages. 

stayed 3 nights and each time I returned, I didn't knock. 

on my last night when I'm packing up, I couldn't find a very precious ring that I usually remove at night and place next to my bed. I flipped my bedding and stuff but just couldn't locate it. I was near my tears and almost giving up, and just as I took my stuff and keys out the next morning to check out, that ring miraculously appeared on the table! I remembered distinctly that I placed it next to my bed!

gosh. 

please remember to to knock and say "excuse me, I'm coming in."

i think the ghost house cleaning lady found your ring and return you. Japanese are very honest.

Guest Guest

http://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/offbeat/ghost-filmed-following-man-into-taxi/ar-BBuMeti#image=1

Ghost filmed following man into taxi

© Provided by Australian Women's Weekly

A ghost has been captured on film following a man into his taxi.

The man can be seen walking to the taxi rank and as he moves towards the cab, a black shape moves behind him.

Many believe it is indeed a ghost while others believe it’s just a clever camera trick.

Video in the link

37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

http://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/offbeat/ghost-filmed-following-man-into-taxi/ar-BBuMeti#image=1

The man can be seen walking to the taxi rank and as he moves towards the cab, a black shape moves behind him.

Many believe it is indeed a ghost while others believe it’s just a clever camera trick.

Video in the link

It's possible. Feng Shui masters say that if you drive through dark and deserted areas, you are at risk of having unclean spirits attach themselves to you. The metallic shell of your vehicle alone is not enough to keep them out.

That's why they advise people to keep protective objects, e.g. certain types of crystals, in the car.

If you are Catholic, you can actually get a priest to bless your vehicle, and stick a few pictures of Christ and the Virgin Mary inside your vehicle. Nowadays with the world getting so unsafe, it pays to be protected.

I found the following from a feng shui website. Thought it might be useful to share. (It starts after the line.)

To the below points, I would like to add two more from personal experience:

i) Never sleep in total darkness. Always have a small light source while you sleep. It could be a candle tealight, a small lamp, or even a ceiling light that is not shining directly into your eyes.

ii) Display a crystal or crystals such as Rose Quartz, Citrine, Amethyst, Aventurine, Jasper, Tiger Eye, Hematite, or Kyanite next to your bed. These crystals have the ability to remove negativity from their surrounding, and protect the space from evil spirits.

Just remember to run the crystals under the tap for a few minutes when you get home to cleanse it of any accumulated negative energy (Citrine and Kyanite are okay because they remove negative energy without absorbing any of it).

For those who are travelling, they may want to be cautious when staying in hotels. The hotel is considered a "yin" place, and is normally a favourite settlement for ghosts. The following are some tips that one can follow when staying in hotels to prevent ghostly encounters:

1. Provide a respectful knock on the hotel door before you enter for the first time. 

2. Avoid entering the room right away. Whisper to yourself that you are renting the room to stay temporarily, as a form of asking permission. Let any spirit leave the bedroom first before you enter. 

3. Place your pair of shoes or sandals facing the door. The shoes must be away from the bed. One side of the shoe points to the door and the other side point inwards. 

4. Display a glass of salt water next to your bed. Salt is an excellent antidote for dirty energy.  Discard this water once you check out of the hotel, or every few days if your hotel stay is long. Do NOT consume it or use it for any other purpose e.g. to rinse your mouth.

5. You are encouraged to flush the toilet bowl first before using it. 

6. You are also encouraged to avoid wearing black or striking red coloured clothings. 

7. If there is a Bible or Koran in the drawers, please avoid touching or moving them from their original position. 

8. Always keep the toilet's door closed with lights turned off when you go to sleep. 

9. Try to avoid facing the mirror when you sleep. If the mirror is designed in this manner, try to cover it with a towel. 

10. Avoid placing any shoe next to the bed when sleeping. 

11. Refrain from mentioning anything about ghosts. Ghosts story-telling must be avoided by all means. 

P.S.

I don't quite agree with #8. I think it's okay to leave the toilet lights on the whole night, and the toilet door ajar, so that the light from the toilet partially illuminates the room when you sleep. Most hotel rooms are very dimly lit, and it's the toilet that's the brightest. So use the toilet light to increase the room's brightness.

Guest Noooh
8 hours ago, Guest CKW said:

i) Never sleep in total darkness. Always have a small light source while you sleep. It could be a candle tealight, a small lamp, or even a ceiling light that is not shining directly into your eyes.

A flickering candle tea light? No way ! It's even more scary.

tumblr_mzec7xX4rx1sl8ps3o1_500.gif

Whenever i am in a hotel, i will 100% switch on the toilet lights before bed, coz i don't feel comfortable to wake up in total darkness at an unfamiliar environment.

Also agree with above guest that a flickering candle tea light is even more unnerving with all the moving shadows... if thats the case, why stop at one, must well use 2 tea lights, dun forget to throw in some flowers at the same time...more romantic mah...LOL

Guest Full Cycle
2 hours ago, KENZ said:

Whenever i am in a hotel, i will 100% switch on the toilet lights before bed, coz i don't feel comfortable to wake up in total darkness at an unfamiliar environment.

Also agree with above guest that a flickering candle tea light is even more unnerving with all the moving shadows... if thats the case, why stop at one, must well use 2 tea lights, dun forget to throw in some flowers at the same time...more romantic mah...LOL

.... with the candle unattended while you're sleeping .... the room caught fire ..... thats how the room becomes haunted. 

Afraid of ghost --> light candles --> room caught fire --> more ghosts --> afraid of ghostS 

32 minutes ago, Guest Full Cycle said:

.... with the candle unattended while you're sleeping .... the room caught fire ..... thats how the room becomes haunted. 

Afraid of ghost --> light candles --> room caught fire --> more ghosts --> afraid of ghostS 

Huh like tat ar... More GhostS means more scared leh....

what to do no choice lor....Light more candleS lor LOL

Guest Teatree
4 hours ago, KENZ said:

Very bad advice to light candles and go to sleep.  Just switch on bedside light is safer.  If it is too bright, then remove your underwear and cover the top of the lamp. Ghosts saw your underwear also dare not come near.  

37 minutes ago, Guest Teatree said:

Very bad advice to light candles and go to sleep.  Just switch on bedside light is safer.  If it is too bright, then remove your underwear and cover the top of the lamp. Ghosts saw your underwear also dare not come near.  

Yup yup lighting unattended candles is very dangerous...be it at home or hotels...don't try it.

I don't wear underwear to sleep leh... hopefully boxers can work also ba... :P

Hey guys, thanks for responding. I definitely understand your concerns about using candles in hotel rooms.

Sorry I didn't say so earlier: always use a glass holder when you light tealight candles. Never put them on any bare surface without the glass holder. You can get the very small ones from Ikea and pack a few in your suitcase.

Also, put them on a table across your bed so that there is no way you will kick them or knock them over in your sleep. And keep all papers and fabrics at least one metre away from the flame.

It's fairly safe to sleep with tealight candles lit. It takes practice, I admit, but it's not impossible.  :D

Also, as one guy said, you can always light more than one candle. But even a single flame is not eerie at all. That animated GIF above is not accurate lah  :D  The flame is more yellowish, and much brighter.

The flame from the candle acts a strong "yang" energy source, so it repels spirits, which are "yin" in nature.

But of course, if fear of the room catching fire is a concern, then use the crystal method, or other methods, so you don't ruin your vacation mood by worrying   :D

Another two points to add to all the above:

1) If you have faith in the Catholic religion (even if you are not a baptised Catholic), you can bring a bottle of holy water with you when you travel. Douse the hotel bed with holy water during the day so that as much of it gets absorbed into the linen and mattress before you use it at night to sleep. You can also sprinkle it around the room in general. Just remember to check in the holy water with your luggage otherwise the customs will make you throw it away before you board your plane. :D

2) I think someone in the thread mentioned this also: during the day, let as much sunlight into the hotel room as possible by receding all the curtains. Many hotel rooms are notoriously very poorly-lit (they save money on electricity by making the rooms dim and "romantic") so this is an important step to get as much "yang" energy into the room as possible. 

3) Most importantly, don't challenge, test, or attempt to exorcise a hotel room which you believe to be haunted. If you feel any unease, or encounter any paranormal activity, keep calm, gather all your belongings, exit the room, and request for another room. The reception will understand.  :D

Guest Guest
21 hours ago, Guest CKW said:

P.S.

I don't quite agree with #8. I think it's okay to leave the toilet lights on the whole night, and the toilet door ajar, so that the light from the toilet partially illuminates the room when you sleep. Most hotel rooms are very dimly lit, and it's the toilet that's the brightest. So use the toilet light to increase the room's brightness.

On this matter, it is very bad luck to activate the toilet overnight. Don't do this at home for too long a period.

16 minutes ago, Guest Closet said:

http://cavinteo.blogspot.sg/2013/02/ten-taboos-to-note-when-staying-in.html

Can anyone here explain Taboo Number 7: Don't hang your cloths in the closet.  I was told that the closet door is where the others will hide inside as sunlight can never reach. 

It is true that in places where sunlight does not reach, like basements, attics, etc., the "yin" energy becomes stronger, and it will tend to attract spirits. It does apply to closets also. Incidentally, I have noticed in a lot of haunting documentaries from the U.S. that children will often report seeing apparitions coming out of their bedroom closets at night.

If you are using your hotel closet, try to leave the closet door open at all times. If your hotel closet is the type that comes with a light, leave that light on throughout the night as well.

I don't quite agree with the rationale of #7 (as well as some of the others). It seems more like something written to tease the anxious reader. It's definitely safe to hang your clothes in the hotel closet.

However, should you still have doubts, you can always remove the hangers and hang your clothes elsewhere in the room. It's your hotel room - you get to make the rules, not the ghosts  :D:D

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

On this matter, it is very bad luck to activate the toilet overnight. Don't do this at home for too long a period.

I know feng shui masters usually advise homeowners to keep their toilet doors closed at all times. This is because they believe that toilets are "low energy" rooms, and keeping the toilet door open at all times might drain the wealth luck of the house, among other reasons.

But my personal belief is that the rules are slightly different in a hotel room, and leaving the hotel toilet door open with the light on all night will not be detrimental to the room user in terms of feng shui  :D   The peace of mind it brings to many hotel guests should override any concerns one might have about it being potentially inauspicious.

But that's just my view. To each his own  :D

Also, if your hotel room has any picture on the wall that troubles you, or that you find disturbing, feel free to take it down.

Try to handle the picture by its frame, without touching the actual image. Put it vertically on the floor, leaning against the wall, out of sight from your bed, if possible, with the picture side facing the wall.

Do not slide it under your bed!

If your hotel has a balcony, you can place the picture in the balcony, again facing a wall, on the floor. But take care in case of rain water damaging the picture. You might then be asked to pay for it!

When you check out of the hotel room, leave the picture as it is, on the floor, facing the wall. The hotel staff will put it back. As long as it is not damaged or stolen, it's not an offence.

When you physically lower an image, you are "de-powering" it, rendering it impotent. This is a useful thing to do if you believe an image to be negative or evil, but cannot throw it out, like in a hotel room, for example.

This is the same reason why churches traditionally place images of Christ very high up, as a sign of His spiritual power. So you're actually using that same principle to protect yourself.

1532.jpg

Guest 大萍果

I can't sleep. I can feel there is sudden coldness in the room. If i put blanket on,then it becomes too hot even with AC at 21 degrees. It seems that the temperature is extreme and the coldness that i feel moves from my toes to my shoulder. Am i being haunted? I've been experiencing for about a week now after i went to Johor.

On ‎25‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:51 PM, Guest Guest said:

Video in the link

Questionable. Who is so free at night to film a man taking a cab at the right moment?

For what purpose are u there n where did u stay?

6 minutes ago, Guest 大萍果 said:

I can't sleep. I can feel there is sudden coldness in the room. If i put blanket on,then it becomes too hot even with AC at 21 degrees. It seems that the temperature is extreme and the coldness that i feel moves from my toes to my shoulder. Am i being haunted? I've been experiencing for about a week now after i went to Johor.

A sudden drop in temperature is often one of the signs of a ghostly presence. Often, if a room is haunted, that room would be darker and colder than the other rooms in the house, for no apparent reason. You will see this a lot in haunting documentaries.

This is because spirits don't have a physical body so they can't get their energy from food. Hence, they draw their energy from their environment, resulting in a drop in the surrounding temperature. Also, if your aura is not strong, they can penetrate your aura and draw your energy, making you feel very tired all the time, even if you have been eating and sleeping well.

Most ghosts do this unconsciously. It happens, you could say, by a type of spiritual osmosis.

If you believe you have one or more spirits attached to your body, you could do one of the following:

1) Pray for it to leave or get a trusted friend or church clergyman to pray for you. The more people pray, and the more faith you and the others have, the more effective it will be.

2) Obtain a citrine bracelet and wear it as a pendant (using a cord), letting it rest somewhere on your breastbone. Citrine is believed to be solidified sunlight, and is very powerful at removing negative energy. You can get one from Awareness Place (ground level) at Bras Basah Complex for $15. (Ask the auntie if you can't find it) Citrine also attracts prosperity  :D

It is also a good idea to get two more citrine bracelets to hang at the two corners of your bed's headboard or bedpost. The citrine keeps away unclean spirits, and will bring prosperity to your house and to you  :D

3) Take a bath (as in, in a bathtub) in water that has been mixed with sea salt (can get from Cold Storage). Do not add anything else into the sea salt bath water. Sea salt water is a powerful cleanser that removes anything negative that is attached to you.

All the best!

12 hours ago, Guest mmmn said:

Questionable. Who is so free at night to film a man taking a cab at the right moment?

I'm guessing it's a CCTV footage, judging from the camera angle, and how steady the camera was being held.  :D

19 minutes ago, Bobi said:

Do they need sex?

This raises the question of earthbound spirits.

It is believed that if a person had an addiction in life that he did not free himself from before death, his spirit will be trapped on earth after death, and that addiction would be far more tormenting then.

And because now he doesn't have a human body to satisfy his craving (for sex, drugs, alcohol, etc), he will need to experience the sensations by possessing another living person with a similar craving, in order to "re-live the experience".

That's why some psychics say that in a bar, for example, there are a lot of spirits of deceased alcoholics. The moment someone is drunk, their aura is weakened, and a spirit will rush into that person's body. So his alcohol craving gets worse and worse, because now it is combined with the spirits of deceased alcoholics.

Same with drug addicts.

So they advise us to rid ourselves of any harmful addictions while we are still alive, because it will be much worse once we cross over.

6 minutes ago, Bobi said:

Wow. I did not expect an answer for this. So there are horny spirits around..

Yes, more or less. But their intentions are always sinister, not romantic.  :D

I have no doubt that many sex crimes are committed while the offender was possessed or infested by such malevolent spirits.

You can tell because once the action is over, the offender is often shocked by his own actions, and he almost feels that he was literally "not himself" when he did it.

Bad spirits can influence people, probably more often than we realise. I once read about a person (in San Francisco) who moved into an apartment, and for no reason, kept feeling a very strong urge to buy and smoke cigarettes. He has never smoked in his life.

Later on, he found out that the previous apartment occupant was a heavy smoking who had died from smoking-related health issues.

When the guy moved to another apartment, the craving for cigarettes also stopped and never returned.

Guest Porn Addiction
32 minutes ago, Guest CKW said:

This raises the question of earthbound spirits.

It is believed that if a person had an addiction in life that he did not free himself from before death, his spirit will be trapped on earth after death, and that addiction would be far more tormenting then.

And because now he doesn't have a human body to satisfy his craving (for sex, drugs, alcohol, etc), he will need to experience the sensations by possessing another living person with a similar craving, in order to "re-live the experience".

That's why some psychics say that in a bar, for example, there are a lot of spirits of deceased alcoholics. The moment someone is drunk, their aura is weakened, and a spirit will rush into that person's body. So his alcohol craving gets worse and worse, because now it is combined with the spirits of deceased alcoholics.

Same with drug addicts.

So they advise us to rid ourselves of any harmful addictions while we are still alive, because it will be much worse once we cross over.

So, these guys in this thread are possessed too? :shhh:

54 minutes ago, Bobi said:

Do they need sex?

I think so, for the simple reason tat they were not fully aware they had no physical body.  You thought you are having a dream when a stranger hugged and kissed you but in actual fact, it was a spirit sticking to your body.  

20 minutes ago, Guest Porn Addiction said:

So, these guys in this thread are possessed too? :shhh:

I would suggest that almost all forms of serious addiction (porn, gambling, drugs, alcohol, etc.) involve some degree of infestation by dark spirits, making recovery a very difficult, uphill task.

Years ago, I was at McDonalds and I overheard two teenage guys talking. One guy was sharing how he used to be so addicted to computer games that it was controlling his life.

When he finally broke the addiction and started going to church, he experienced a rather unnerving incident one day.

He was in his room doing something when all of a sudden, his computer turned on by itself, and he felt a dark presence tempting him to re-immerse himself in the world of video games.

It's important not to be addicted to anything. Seek help if you or a loved one suffers any form of addiction.

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.