Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

23 hours ago, Guest ghost in me said:

I was thinking of going to geylang to fuck a girl. so that the lady ghost will repulse by this act and leave my body. anyone has experience going to geylang before?

Just admit you are gay.  Nothing can be changed, not a lady ghost.  Once you are comfortable being gay, male ghost will come. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest ghost in me
31 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Just admit you are gay.  Nothing can be changed, not a lady ghost.  Once you are comfortable being gay, male ghost will come. 

I want to get rid of ghost. male or female ghost is not welcome

Guest Guest
18 hours ago, sichomot said:

Bomoh doesn't get rid of ghost. 

We go to religious person to seek help in this matter. Bomoh is not a religious person.

To be exact, some bomohs can do it. 

Through my years of experience in exorcism, I have met bomohs in East & West Malaysia and Indonesia (including Papua). Only a handful can do it. 

Out of these handful ones, not all can see spirits. Even though some can't see, but, they can do it. 

I did exorcising together with a Ustad for a teenage in central Java near Dieng. I am the only Chinese Singaporean famous in Central Java. I tried to wrote down in my facebook but don't have time. 

Guest ghost in me
52 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

To be exact, some bomohs can do it. 

Through my years of experience in exorcism, I have met bomohs in East & West Malaysia and Indonesia (including Papua). Only a handful can do it. 

Out of these handful ones, not all can see spirits. Even though some can't see, but, they can do it. 

I did exorcising together with a Ustad for a teenage in central Java near Dieng. I am the only Chinese Singaporean famous in Central Java. I tried to wrote down in my facebook but don't have time. 

can you see whether there is a ghost inside of me?

• 2 months later...

Human are made of tiny atom particles.  Once dissappear, they return to their original atoms floating in the air - no smell, no sight, no taste.  As we speak, many people are breathing in their ancestors atoms.   I suspect if a pregnant woman breathed in your atom, you are born again.

I wonder there are gay spirit who live on sucking the energy of the man via the vital organ (like cock). 

2 hours ago, tyan said:

I wonder there are gay spirit who live on sucking the energy of the man via the vital organ (like cock). 

When you are too attached to sex even at the moment of death, you probably end up a hungry sex ghost.

11 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

When you are too attached to sex even at the moment of death, you probably end up a hungry sex ghost.

ya, like those die during having sex.

12 hours ago, Guest Tomato said:

As a supposed developed country, Singaporeans are easily one of the (if not the most) superstitious people in this region.

Third world beliefs and practices.

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Guest Sweet Potato
14 hours ago, Guest Tomato said:

As a supposed developed country, Singaporeans are easily one of the (if not the most) superstitious people in this region.

Just like some christians still believe Gay is a sin.

18 hours ago, Guest Tomato said:

Not really, I think Malaysians (chinese) are more superstitious.  If you visit the Chinese kampongs during seventh month or Qingming,  they outdo the Singaporeans big time.  It's very hard to find shops selling incense papers and joss sticks here, and if you can find one,  it probably owned by a Malaysian (PR).

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Not really, I think Malaysians (chinese) are more superstitious.  If you visit the Chinese kampongs during seventh month or Qingming,  they outdo the Singaporeans big time.  It's very hard to find shops selling incense papers and joss sticks here, and if you can find one,  it probably owned by a Malaysian (PR).

I’ve also heard that people in the Philippines are even more superstitious than Chinese. They have their local superstitions and those of Christianity as well. 

1 hour ago, Fit4Masc said:

I am actually very disappointed that there are still so many superstitious people believing in god and ghost in these day and age  I generally stay away from such people.

I am more disappointed that there are still people who stay away from others just because different people holds different believes. 

Guest Tomato
12 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Be it sg, hk, taiwan, malaysia or china, as long as there is chinese, this believe and practices will be deeply rooted....the very first one who started this is even more creative than alibaba ma yun....ever wonder how the other nationality and races survive through the 7th month?

In those countries, only peasants perform all these burning rituals.  Hardly the city folks.

But then again, it is a well-known fact that many Sporeans behave like peasants on a backdrop of cosmopolitan Spore.

19 hours ago, Guest Tomato said:

In those countries, only peasants perform all these burning rituals.  Hardly the city folks.

But then again, it is a well-known fact that many Sporeans behave like peasants on a backdrop of cosmopolitan Spore.

Even our LKY stated publicly during a meeting with Deng Xiaoping that Singaporeans are only peasant stock... Quote "“We are only the descendants of illiterate, landless farmers in Fujian, Guangdong and other places, but many of you are the descendants of officials and scholars,” as Deng listened quietly.  Sadly, it will take a few generations of intense education to breed the peasant out of Singaporeans.  As proof, my younger sister, the least educated amongst us (dropped out before finishing sec 2) is the only one out of the 4 of us, who still observe and believe in this Seven ghost month thingy.  She is the only one going through the whole praying and burning offerings ritual.  She even tried to pressure me into doing so, which resulted in a big fight.  2 of us are now Atheist and 1 turned the other way and became christian.

Edited by Fit4Masc

On 7/24/2006 at 12:19 AM, cub33 said:

Hi guys..

Just want to share one wif u on my one & only FRICKY encounter.

This actually happened few yrs back b4 the AH MOY STREET hawker ctr was last renovated.(if memory served me well, it was during the lunar 7 month festival)

Anyway, I was out driving one nite & I met someone at HONG LIM PARK.He was a philippino guy & we chatted for awhile. Then, we decided to end the nite with abit of "romance". I remembered that the 2nd level of the hawker ctr was also a nice quiet spot & we decided to head there. We got started physically outside the toilet area as the mood was quiet & dark. (as the toilets were locked then after midnight.) Imagine, the 2 of us about to get into the groove, when all of a sudden,we heard some ruffling of plastic bags sound inside the ladies toilet. (note that we were standing outside the both gents & ladies )

Suddenly, the door opened & it was as if someone was coming out. We were shocked out of our wits! Then the door closed almost immediately.

We literally ran for our lives from 2nd level to ground floor..

We took abit of time to recover of ourselves, wondering how its possible for someone to stay in the toilet when its pitch dark inside.

(eventually, we recovered from our shock & still had our quickie some where else.. ha ha ha )

I still have the goose bumps even today whenever I think about it. Well, the good thing after their latest makeover, all the toilets are opened 24hrs & well lited. So its not quiet & dark as before..

Singapore so many people, you think you are the only one who noticed that place is empty and a good place to go for some private nooky nooky meh?  Maybe the other couple who were having their fun inside, got scared after seeing you guys out there when they are about to leave after finishing their business, thinking you guys were the real ghost  and had to close the door quick to keep you ghosts out ;)

Edited by Fit4Masc

2 hours ago, Fit4Masc said:

Singapore so many people, you think you are the only one who noticed that place is empty and a good place to go for some private nooky nooky meh?  Maybe the other couple who were having their fun inside, got scared after seeing you guys out there when they are about to leave after finishing their business, thinking you guys were the real ghost  and had to close the door quick to keep you ghosts out ;)

Read carefully.  He said the door opened AS IF someone was coming out and closed almost immediately.  Rather than human,  It is likely a stray cat or dog (remember the ruffling of plastic bag sound inside the toilet).   A real ghost doesn't need to open door to get out. 

These stories about "ghosts encounters" are so interesting. Unfortunate it's hard to prove/disprove that ghosts exists or it's just an energy/vibration/frequency that affects our human body to feel a certain way. I would have to agree that the burning situation is much much more toned down than 20 years back. I doubt it will completely be eradicated, there will always be a small percentage that holds on to tradition and beliefs. My place here actually got a family who burns on a daily basis, think they run some sort of dang ki thingy at home or something.

6 hours ago, Fit4Masc said:

Even our LKY stated publicly during a meeting with Deng Xiaoping that Singaporeans are only peasant stock... Quote "“We are only the descendants of illiterate, landless farmers in Fujian, Guangdong and other places, but many of you are the descendants of officials and scholars,” as Deng listened quietly.  Sadly, it will take a few generations of intense education to breed the peasant out of Singaporeans.  As proof, my younger sister, the least educated amongst us (dropped out before finishing sec 2) is the only one out of the 4 of us, who still observe and believe in this Seven ghost month thingy.  She is the only one going through the whole praying and burning offerings ritual.  She even tried to pressure me into doing so, which resulted in a big fight.  2 of us are now Atheist and 1 turned the other way and became christian.

I really like that you quoted LKY, didn't know he said something like that before though I'm not a fan of him to start with. I think LKY put it very nicely. Perhaps there won't be breeding out the peasants, as in the population, there will always be a bell curve kind of demographics and ideals. We have a lot of practice as Singaporeans to be patient with different races, beliefs and characters. We like to complain and speak behind people's back but really don't harm anyone. I can't imagine dealing with people who protests against things like in the US or those muslims who riot due to some speech in some other country. A bit scary if you're not the same race. So 1 month of the risk of meeting a ghost, 3 times my lungs will suffer is a good bargain.

And yah, I also found it surprisingly Filipinos are very superstitious (not necessarily religious). Perhaps they just like a good story/time?

13 hours ago, Fit4Masc said:

This is pure stupidity. Do you really think only the less educated believe in ghost, and the rich doesn't? Spirits do exist, but whether they needs to be appeased or not, depends on your own karma and luck.

On 8/22/2018 at 12:45 AM, keyboard said:

I really like that you quoted LKY, didn't know he said something like that before though I'm not a fan of him to start with. I think LKY put it very nicely. Perhaps there won't be breeding out the peasants, as in the population, there will always be a bell curve kind of demographics and ideals. We have a lot of practice as Singaporeans to be patient with different races, beliefs and characters. We like to complain and speak behind people's back but really don't harm anyone. I can't imagine dealing with people who protests against things like in the US or those muslims who riot due to some speech in some other country. A bit scary if you're not the same race. So 1 month of the risk of meeting a ghost, 3 times my lungs will suffer is a good bargain.

And yah, I also found it surprisingly Filipinos are very superstitious (not necessarily religious). Perhaps they just like a good story/time?

Wonder Is that the reason we bring in FTs because we are the descendents of illiterate, landless farmers in Fujian and Guangdong...

46 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Wonder Is that the reason we bring in FTs because we are the descendents of illiterate, landless farmers in Fujian and Guangdong...

Haha. What made you think so? We bring in FT because we need more people to drive the economy to become bigger every year (Govt KPI you know). There are two ways to do that, increase productivity by 3-5% every year (imagine how you can make 3-5% more $$ for your role every year, quite difficult right). The easier way is to import more people and produce more goods (Instead of paying one SG 13% CPF, i use that 13%+basic+more and get 2 FT which no matter how slack, still produce more work than 1 SG can).

Nowadays FT also expensive liao, so the price they pay 1 SG vs 1 FT is about the same.

Guest ud1234

If ever you should walk into a dark room inside your empty house and see a shadowy figure somewhere within, don’t turn on the lights. It’s better not to know. 

Don’t run to the bathroom, lock the door, and cower in your bathtub. 

Don’t hurry to a closet, lock the door, and hide underneath a pile of clothes. 

And especially don’t return to your bedroom, lock the door, and crawl into your bed. Because every other door in your house was already locked, and the figure still managed to get in.

Alice in Hell 

This is the story of Kelly Tristan, a 23-year-old woman who lived alone in a small house at 2605 Pine Road in the small town of Fairview, Oregon. Her disappearance had gone largely unnoticed until nearby residents started to go missing without a trace. When the police went to investigate the area, all the homes of the missing people were completely empty, as if no one had lived in them for quite a long time. Here is what happened…

Sunday October 31, 2004

It was Halloween, Kelly’s favorite time of the year. She thought it would be a good idea to decorate her front door with some cheap decorations, to let kids know she was handing out candy. At 12:35 PM, she drove to the local dollar store to buy Halloween candy and decorations. While browsing, she found a shelf full of old VHS tapes. As she looked through them, her eyes fell upon an old copy of Disney’s 1951 classic, Alice in Wonderland.

“Wow! I haven’t seen this movie in a long time,” she said to herself excitedly. Kelly decided to purchase it along with her candy and decorations. When she came back home, it was still too early for trick-or-treaters to be out, so she took some time to prepare her front door.

She continued decorating and filled a large pumpkin-shaped bowl with candy. By the time she was finished, it was nearly 4:00 PM.

She checked if there were any more decorations to put up. When she looked inside the plastic bag from the dollar store, she saw the Alice in Wonderland VHS box sitting all by itself.

“Oh, I forgot about this. Maybe I could watch it before trick-or-treaters arrive.” Kelly had a VCR/DVD player in her living room, so she opened up the box to watch the movie.

Something was strange about the tape. The movie’s logo was on the front, but it was as if someone had tried to scratch it off with a knife. Kelly figured it must have been a used copy.

As she took the movie out of the box, she noticed a strip of masking tape on the back of the video cassette with the words, “PLAY ME,” written very poorly, as if a child had written it.

“That’s weird. Maybe someone was trying to be cute at the dollar store,” she reassured herself.

She closed her curtains, turned the television on, turned the lights off, and put the tape into the VCR. Kelly was shrouded in darkness, perfect for watching a movie.

As the opening title cards were playing, Kelly laid herself down on the couch and was excited to be watching one of her favorite movies from her childhood. The movie started off normally with nothing out of the ordinary. The picture was a little faded, but it was tolerable for a used copy. For about ten minutes, the movie played just fine. When it got to the scene showing Alice inside the bottle she drank from, strips of static started appearing on the screen.

“What’s going on?” Kelly started getting frustrated. “Please don’t crap out on me.”

Suddenly, the entire screen went to static and the movie was gone.

“Oh, come on!” Kelly became angry and got up to see what was wrong with the tape. As she headed over to the television, the picture came back on. Only this time, it was not Alice in Wonderland. It was an old home video. Kelly was upset, but decided to not fast forward the tape. She was curious to see what the previous owner could possibly have recorded over the movie.

The picture quality was not very good. The footage looked like it came from a 1970’s home movie camera. The video was of a small group of children gathered around a table with a little girl sitting at the end of it. She had long auburn hair and she wore a dress similar to what Alice wore. They were all singing “Happy Birthday” to her and someone (most likely her mother) brought a cake out with lit candles and set it in front of the girl. As she blew the candles out, everyone started cheering.

Kelly thought it was strange for someone to record this girl’s birthday over the movie, but she kept watching to see what would happen next. As she made her way back to the couch, the video jumped to the children chasing each other in a game of tag out in a large field.

After about two minutes of tag, the video suddenly cut to static. It made Kelly’s heart skip a beat. She laughed it off and continued watching the movie. After a few seconds, Alice in Wonderland was playing again. It started as Alice left Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee in the woods. For a few minutes, nothing happened to the movie.

When Alice met the talking flowers and listened to them sing, the video cut to static again.

As the picture became apparent, it showed the same children from earlier playing Ring Around the Rosie with the birthday girl in the middle of them. They were in the same field that they were playing tag in moments before. The camera filming it all was at a high angle, possibly from a two-story window.

Unlike the previous video segment, this one had no sound. The children were constantly spinning around the little girl, holding their hands together in a giant ring. After about a minute of silence, Kelly could barely hear children’s voices whispering simultaneously.

This is what she heard:

“Ring around dear Alice

Her heart is filled with malice

Alice, Alice

She soon shall die”

Kelly was disturbed by the horrific rhyme.

The video suddenly cut off with loud static. Kelly gasped and held her hand to her chest.

She thought it would be wise to stop watching the movie, but she felt that she just had to know what was on the rest of the tape. As the movie came back on at the scene where Alice meets the blue caterpillar, Kelly sat herself up and continued watching. The video continued playing normally until it got to the Mad Tea Party.

Before the Mad Hatter and March Hare could sing “A Very Merry Unbirthday”, the video jumped to static again. Kelly felt a lump forming in her throat.

There was sound this time, but the image was distorted and hard to distinguish. Kelly could hear a little girl’s voice.

“Mommy, I’m not lying. There’s a monster that hides in my room. I can’t sleep because it watches me at night. Please, you have to believe me!” she seemed very upset, almost to the point of tears.

“I am sick of hearing this,” her mother said angrily. “You are eight years old. There are no such things as monsters. You should know better.”

“But mommy…”

“THAT’S IT! I’VE HAD ENOUGH,” her mother screamed at the top of her lungs. Kelly could hear the girl sobbing softly as the mother stomped her feet. Suddenly, the picture shook violently and became clear.

The video was of the little girl sitting in a chair staring at the floor. She had tears rolling down her face and looked as if she had been beaten. Bruises covered her arm and face.

“Mommy, what are you doing?” At this time, the girl looked very worried, dreading what her mother was about to do. In a few moments, her mother walked towards her, her head cut off by the edge of the screen.  In her hand was a small knife.

Kelly’s heart pounded in her chest, but she couldn’t take her eyes off the screen.

The girl’s mother took the knife in one hand, grabbed the girl’s cheeks, and forced her to stick out her tongue.

“I am going to scrape those lies off your tongue!” With that, she placed the sharp edge of the knife into the girl’s mouth and quickly scraped it across her tongue. The girl screamed in agonizing pain. Kelly could see slivers of bloody tongue fall onto the floor. She suddenly felt nauseous. She got up, ran to the kitchen sink, and vomited.

As Kelly washed out her mouth, the video went to a piercing static, making her scream.

She slowly crept back to the couch, keeping her eyes glued on the screen. The movie came back to Alice walking away from the tea party disgruntled with the Mad Hatter and March Hare.

However bad the video segments were, Kelly felt she had to find out who was filming these terrible things happening to this little girl.

The movie got to the scene with Alice getting lost in the Tulgey Wood. Again, the screen filled with static. It only lasted a few seconds before cutting to a video of the girl sitting on the front edge of a bed, crying into her hands. The room she was in was very dark. Everything behind her was cast in shadow. For nearly three minutes, she just sat there, crying. Not once did she look up.

Every few seconds, she would stop and say, “Nobody loves me.”

After a while, a door opened off camera, letting a dim light enter the room. Slowly, a shadowed figure entered the room and floated towards the girl. She looked at the figure and her eyes shot wide open. She began to plead, “NO! PLEASE!” Her cries were abruptly severed by the deafening static. Kelly screamed out loud and covered her eyes.

After the static died down, she gained the courage to open her eyes. The movie came back on with Alice going into the Queen of Heart’s courtyard. All the bright colors and silly moments of the film could not stir Kelly out of her deep-seeded fear.

Kelly began to gain hope that the hellish video segments were over and she could watch the rest of the movie in peace.

As the trial scene approached, the picture gradually faded to static. Kelly’s heart dropped and she started sobbing. This time, the static lasted over two minutes. Kelly’s heart raced in anticipation of the upcoming video.

When the static disappeared, there was…nothing. The living room was filled with a deafening silence. Kelly became short of breath and started hyperventilating. For several seconds, there was complete silence. Kelly thought the video stopped itself, but the tracker on the VCR said the tape was still playing.

After a short while, Kelly could hear something. It sounded like children whispering. She could not make out what they were saying. Kelly panicked when she noticed a dark picture slowly developing on the screen.

The only thing on the screen was a still image. It was a photo of the little girl sitting on the edge of the bed again, secluded in darkness. This time, she was not crying.

She was staring straight at Kelly through the screen.

Her eyes were bloodshot from so much crying. The look on her face was of pure horror, her eyes shouting:

“help me…”

The only light in the girl’s bedroom seemed to be coming from the glow of Kelly’s television. The image was so clear, that they could have easily been sitting in the same room.

Kelly could hear the little girl crying again.

However, she was still glaring at her through the screen, not moving an inch.

As Kelly looked past the girl’s shoulder, she made out what appeared to be a faint set of crooked teeth fixed in a smile. The teeth appeared to be human, but were elongated and stretched out too wide to be from an actual person’s mouth.

Voices joined like a maddening chorus. Voices of all kinds could be heard whispering:

“Off with her head…”

Over the next minute, the little girl’s crying and the voices grew louder and more hysterical. Kelly had to cover her ears.

Suddenly, everything fell silent. Her heart pounded as she uncovered her ears.

One final, deep voice said menacingly:

“Off with her head…”

Static flashed over the image for a fraction of a second. The picture began to move. The little girl’s head slowly fell forward as if she was going to cry again. It drooped lower and lower until…

–  it rolled right off her shoulders and onto the floor.

The instant her head fell off, her bloodcurdling scream filled the room as Kelly covered her ears in terror. She screamed as loud as she could until the video cut to static one last time and the ending credits of the movie started rolling.

Kelly could not speak. She was traumatized as she stared at the blank screen. By this time, it was 5:15 PM.

As Kelly slowly started to get up, she kept her eyes on the screen to make sure nothing else was going to show up on it.

Her concentration was broken by the sound of her doorbell ringing. She screamed and shot her head around to see her front door.

“Just breathe, Kelly. You are all right. Everything’s okay. Just relax.” Kelly collected herself, turned on the lights, then headed for the door.

“It’s just an early trick-or-treater.” Before opening the door, something told her to look through the peephole first. When she did, what she saw froze her.

On her doorstep was a little girl with her head down. She was wearing an Alice dress.

“Calm down, Kelly. You’re just a little freaked out from the movie. It’s only a kid in an Alice costume.” She grabbed the candy bowl and opened her front door. When she got ready to hand out the candy, she dropped the candy bowl in horror.

The little girl had vanished.

Kelly trembled terribly as she picked up the candy, put it all back into the bowl and slammed the door behind her.

“You have to relax. You’re just seeing things.” When she put the bowl back down on the kitchen table, the television cut to a loud static. Kelly screamed and turned towards the living room. Tears rolled down her face.

Written on the wall above the television in blood were the words:

OFF WITH YOUR HEAD

Kelly frantically tried to get out the front door.

The door was locked.

Suddenly, she could hear something clawing at the door violently like a bear. She looked through the peephole again.

She saw nothing but black.

As if a fuse broke, all the lights in her house went out at once. She was submerged in total darkness. She could see absolutely nothing. Except…

At the end of the narrow hallway, there was something near her bedroom door. It was…a faint set of gnarled teeth fixed in a smile. Kelly was paralyzed with fear.

“Wh…who’s there?”

The smile slowly floated towards Kelly. She tried to run away, but found herself unable to move. In a moment, the shadow monster was right in her face. She could smell the horrible stench of rotting flesh on its breath. It whispered to her:

“Off with your head…”

Later that same night, a girl by the name of Abby Lawrence had just finished trick-or-treating in her fairy costume. She was ten and her mother let her go by herself with her friends for the first time. She and her mother lived about a block away from Kelly. When she returned home, her mother gave her a big hug and helped her get ready for bed.

“Did you have fun trick-or-treating with your friends, Abby?”

“Yeah! My bag is full of candy. It will probably last me until next Halloween,” said Abby.

“I’m glad you had fun, sweetheart.”

“Hey mom. You’ve got to see this.” Abby ran to her bag of Halloween candy…

– and pulled out a copy of Disney’s Alice in Wonderland on VHS.

“Where did you get that?” Her mother asked.

“One of the houses I went to had it in a candy bowl. The bowl was empty, but this movie was in it.” She could barely control her excitement.

“Can we watch it tonight? Pretty please?”

Guest Good merits
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, Guest ghost inside of me said:

How to get rid of ghost inside of you? I suspected myself being inhabited by a lady ghost. a very "Xiao chi", easily irritated, sensitive, moody, lonely, introvert and crazy lady ghost. Need a very strong master recommendation to get rid of her. Anyone knows any master or method to get exorcise this powerful lady ghost? no kidding. need real answer fast

Don't be conned by any " masters " etc

This month is a good month to clear it.

Go to Singapore Buddhist Lodge , $ 20 only @ office 2nd level.  ( annually at Qing Ming and 7th Month - full month prayer )

Return merits to haunting ghosts 怨亲债主  ( past debtors ) , do it on every 7th month or Qing Ming or whenever temples holds great Assembly of water and land puja .

Usually genuine temples only accepts minimal $20 ( for small tablet ) ....$100 for large tablets , this returns merits to " ghosts" that's haunts u, including " human ghosts, that's are human and haunting u, etc...ie your irritating bosses , people who find faults with u.

You can google 怨亲债主. 

Guest Good merits

https://baike.baidu.com/item/冤亲债主

https://www.buddhistdoor.net/features/forgiveness-is-the-best-way-to-repay-karmic-debt

Forgiveness is the best way to repay karmic debt

By Shveitta Sethi Sharma
Buddhistdoor Global | 2013-09-17 |
AddThis Sharing Buttons

"The answer to betrayal is forgiveness, a repaying of karmic debts."

This last week has been deeply insightful for me.

I heard from three different people about their stories of betrayal, anger, and all-consuming desire for revenge.

One of my friends had been let down by someone and was extremely shocked and hurt.

Another was harbouring deep, profound anger, and the third was plotting ways to exact retaliation for an act committed twenty years ago.

Each one of them had their version of the story and was reacting in a way that was expected and they felt that their anger, frustration and a desire to take revenge was justified.

As I was listening to these very personal stories, I was quite moved and saddened by what they had to endure. 

But I also realized that most of us choose to carry this sack of anger, resentment, and frustration. This sack weighs us down, but we still choose to carry it with us all the time, wherever we go. Any opportunity we get, we open it and share what we have inside – and what’s inside is not pleasant.

The anger and desire for revenge is understandable, and in particularly severe cases might even seem justifiable. But my spiritual teachers taught that nothing is happening to us is because of another person. All that we face in life, whether painful or pleasurable, is all due to our own karmic seeds. The reason we don’t see it as such is because the moment we take form in a new body we forget our previous life, but the process of karma continues nevertheless. When a person shows up in our life and gives us too much pain, we invariably end up angry, frustrated and burning for revenge. We agonize over how and why did a person do this to us. Sadly, we have forgotten our karmic debt towards that person and cannot understand the debt we are repaying them.

Over many lifetimes, we have created the events of our present birth. The analogy used by one of the teachers was borrowing money from a friend. On the day we borrowed the money the friend was wearing a red outfit. We see the friend a few days later and this time the friend asks us for the money back but now she is wearing a white outfit and has her hair done differently. Do we deny her the money just because she is wearing different clothes and looking different? We could try, but the consequences would be unpleasant.

Similarly, all that is happening in our life is thanks to some kind of karmic credit or debit. This is not allowing others to abdicate their moral agency, but instead of blaming another and seeking ways to take revenge, why not just focus on healing the pain instead of causing more? The cycle needs to break. The answer to betrayal is forgiveness, a repaying of karmic debts. Next time another’s behaviour is causing you pain, think of the pain as a repayment of a past karmic duty.

Not everyone believes in rebirth or the continuity of consciousness. However, the only explanation that seems plausible for injustice or unfairness is the law of karma. “Why me?” is a classic question in the worldview of pure luck, in arbitrary chance. Instead of such a question, we can perhaps ask ourselves: how did I attract this particular event in my life and what can I do to ensure a different outcome? This is not an excuse to “blame the victim”, and karma certainly does not always explain extreme misfortune or tragedy. Still, forgiveness remains key.

I heard a heart-breaking story from a young woman, who spoke about the ill treatment inflicted on her parents from some relatives. She was so angered by her parents’ suffering that she vowed to make the people responsible pay. She said to me that she did not mind ending up in hell, but she wanted the perpetrators to suffer likewise. The pain in her voice and eyes was palpable. Her anger was justified, but my question to her was, what would it achieve? Can she endure this pain in the long term? She also has young children who will absorb the agony of their mother.

Even though we think we are keeping the pain hidden from our children, this is seldom the case. Children know and they care. And sadly, our children end up bearing the burden of our deeds. Karma always comes back, if not to us then to our loved ones. If we are responsible for someone’s suffering we can be completely sure that we will create a cause for our own suffering. Similarly if we have given joy to someone, we can rest assured that we will partake in joy.

However much the temptation to take revenge may be, I’ve found it helpful to take a step back and see how and why you attracted this particular event in your life. Instead of automatically reacting, think how you can cut the tree before it bears any further bitter fruits. My three friends and I tried an EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) exercise on forgiveness and acceptance after our discussion. Afterwards, we felt more relieved and slightly less vindictive and angry.

The key to any kind of pain is to focus on not inflicting more and healing.

My teachers gave me a stark suggestion: follow the path of practice so your karmic debts can be gradually worked on.

Guest Good merits
8 minutes ago, Guest Good merits said:

Don't be conned by any " masters " etc

This month is a good month to clear it.

Go to Singapore Buddhist Lodge , $ 20 only @ office 2nd level.  ( annually at Qing Ming and 7th Month - full month prayer )

Return merits to haunting ghosts 怨亲债主  ( past debtors ) , do it on every 7th month or Qing Ming or whenever temples holds great Assembly of water and land puja .

Usually genuine temples only accepts minimal $20 ( for small tablet ) ....$100 for large tablets , this returns merits to " ghosts" that's haunts u, including " human ghosts, that's are human and haunting u, etc...ie your irritating bosses , people who find faults with u.

You can google 怨亲债主 

Some temples even do it free.  $20 0r $100 ,  ...its it to up, that goes into building temple fund, that is a way of doing merits.

四马路  ---》 beware !!!! lots of trickster and conmen, all like crocodiles waiting for people like You if You are unstable mentally.

You  just need to get it of it yourself by doing good deeds. This is karmic past debtors issue.

人在做天在看 

I have a method of getting rid of ghosts that works all the time:

DON'T BELIEVE IN THEM!

The more I live, the more I find reasons to speculate that our existence is limited by our skin.  That is,  there is NOTHING of us outside our skin.  Our "soul", "spirit", "personality", all is inside our bodies.   No "supernatural",  a cloud like the clouds in the Internet where we can connect to and upload, download spiritual essences.  I can confidently say that it is all bullshit!   There are no invisible "spiritual" waves through which our soul is influenced.  It comes all through our senses,  vision and sound and touch interpreted by our neurons according to the particular software our brain runs.  So...  why be burdened by a bunch of fairy tales?

Guest Go Find Love
On 6/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, Guest ghost inside of me said:

How to get rid of ghost inside of you? I suspected myself being inhabited by a lady ghost. a very "Xiao chi", easily irritated, sensitive, moody, lonely, introvert and crazy lady ghost. Need a very strong master recommendation to get rid of her. Anyone knows any master or method to get exorcise this powerful lady ghost? no kidding. need real answer fast

Your hormones is the ghost.  Once you control your hormones, all the funny angry feelings will go away.  Most women have such hormones which is why they often create very bad impression in office as a boss or as colleagues politics.

Guest Ghost in You
15 minutes ago, Guest Go Find Love said:

Your hormones is the ghost.  Once you control your hormones, all the funny angry feelings will go away.  Most women have such hormones which is why they often create very bad impression in office as a boss or as colleagues politics.

10 hours ago, Guest ud1234 said:

If ever you should walk into a dark room inside your empty house and see a shadowy figure somewhere within, don’t turn on the lights. It’s better not to know. 

Don’t run to the bathroom, lock the door, and cower in your bathtub. 

Don’t hurry to a closet, lock the door, and hide underneath a pile of clothes. 

And especially don’t return to your bedroom, lock the door, and crawl into your bed. Because every other door in your house was already locked, and the figure still managed to get in.

Yah. You should strip naked, lie spreadeagled on your bed and let the ghost satisfy his lust pounding on you. 

Guest Human Ghosts

Human ghosts are more fearful. They exists around your office, work, make your life difficult, sabotage , even harm u, and yet you think, they are your best friends.

Guest Spirit
2 hours ago, Guest Human Ghosts said:

Human ghosts are more fearful. They exists around your office, work, make your life difficult, sabotage , even harm u, and yet you think, they are your best friends.

Agree, I am more afraid of human than ghost.

3 hours ago, Guest Human Ghosts said:

I have to agree also,  they can be very evil, they will stab you in the back when you are most vulnerable, just so they can make themselves look good to get that promotion etc etc

Guest Quitted
32 minutes ago, Fit4Masc said:

I have to agree also,  they can be very evil, they will stab you in the back when you are most vulnerable, just so they can make themselves look good to get that promotion etc etc

I don't mind them getting promotion, but they will never stop haunting you until you find no meaning to live in that kind of envrionment and than shouted quit.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:13 PM, Guest Human Ghosts said:

认同. 

鬼不可怕,人心才可怕

Edited by 仙人掌

On 8/30/2018 at 4:13 PM, Guest Human Ghosts said:

So true.  Scary. 

Guest Unknown

Recently in this ghost month, 2 times my soft drink can i put on table during dinner at foodcourt moved by itself. Then last night i went back home and felt something tried to grab my left leg angkle. These few nights always felt chilling. Got one time in the morning 5am i felt a chillness enterred my back bone and stayed there for a while.

Wanted to visit temple lately but heard in the ghost month, many ghosts wandering around temple to seek helps from deities too.

On 7/9/2017 at 5:01 AM, Guest Raypoo45 said:

My third eye is open and I can often see ghosts along the corridors of our hdb block near Tanjong Pagar. If you live there and a bit feeling uneasy, you are with them.

Is it the one with the ntuc fp? When I live there last year, i felt very uneasy. I’m usually on mid-shift and get home by midnight. One time when I was stuck in the elevator for few minutes and the light flickered, i saw dark figures for a while then it was gone and the elevator moved. I went out of the elevator running towards my place and was perspiring a lot. I can’t forget that day. So many unnatural things happened after that so I decided to move to other place.

It suddenly happened in the blink of an eye.

I was browsing through BW when the screen of my laptop went dark.

All the status lights went dark too.

I pressed the control buttons., I tried to restart without luck.  

I turned the laptop around, shook it,  No response.

It is night here, so my bedroom turned dark.  Somewhat scared,

it crossed my mind what I would do if my lifeline, the laptop,

had suffered irreparable damage here in a foreign city.

Then I saw the little status light of my charger was also off.

And I realized that I had forgot to turn on the power strip it was connected to. 

It is super natural  that when a laptop is being used without the charger

it will eventually run out of battery. And so I got scared of the super natural.

Ghost month is already over but i had a fair share of story that happened just recently. So I met someone for drink in Pearl Hill and time passed by when having fun of course, I disn’t notice that it is already past midnight. So I bid goodbye to go home. When I went outside my friend’s place going to the elevator, the place was so quiet and the hair in my skin just all stand. It was an eerie feeling and i felt someone breathing heavily on my neck. I walked quickly to the elevator and i still have that kind of feeling. Suddenly the smell inside the elevator became stinky. Like rotten meat. I almost vomited. I knew there was something there other than me. When I reached the ground, lucky there was a taxi just dropped off someone. I took the cab but the foul smell still there. I think it ride along with me. I opened the window as it was hard to breathe. The driver asked me if I was ok. I told him i’m not and asked him to continue driving. When I reached my place, the driver said to me “have a goodnight to you two”. Was so scared and ran fast to my place and pray at the altar. My grandpa was so puzzled but i said there is nothing wrong. Good thing that someone didn’t follow me inside the house.

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.