Male HQ

Why Do Other Have Better Life

Guest MagicPocket

Guest MagicPocket

Do you ever asked the world or God sometimes if why do others have better life? They have better career, better relationship, better partner and a partner that is really hot and take care of themselves (even though they are not), They can have a lot of riches even without too much effort like you, can travel the world, and can find true love and  can be with them for long years i saw this happened all to one person feels like he already have everything.

While you put a lot of effort to everyhting and still you end up so so. You try to choose a better path and you end up in something that is not what you prayed for. You look for a guy you can be with the rest of your life and he will end up someone that is not. Others got a beautiful love story and you have the a story that is not special.

I understand that happiness is a choice just cannot understand why others have better choice and dont need to feel the way we feel to be happy, why heaven gives us a choice that is not so beutiful like others, and they simply have the most of everything. If something is missing to their life it might be something that is just same with everybody else.

I just need some advice or insight to others on how you deal with this or do you feel the same. Im just hoping that there is no negative or angry comments in this thread as this is not meant to make a noise or war to anyone. This is just simply sharing thoughts and advice thanks. :)

Because life is random, but people choose to explain it away with concepts like karma or fate because it gives them meaning. Also, because it's frightening to think that you have no control over your life and that you were *this* close to not existing or *this* close to dying. Anyway, Fairness and equality is imo, a human concept that will benefit us as long as we're social creatures that relies on groupwork for humans as a species to continue.

What is inside is outside is inside.  It is my belief that whatever I lack and/or in abundance has/have nothing to do with the outside.  The causation has no bearing with the correlation.  Example, a runny nose and a sore throat correlate to each other and they tend to show up at the same time.  However, that does not mean runny nose causes sore throat or that sore throat causes runny nose. 

What I am lacking and/or in abundance today has/have to do with (the past) what I had chosen and with what I had been influenced, through the process of social conditionings and neuro-programming.   We steer our own navigation and the fruits of labour are the results from what we internalize and act upon.  Though, it must be said, many life successes are for those who 'just do it', not procrastinate and dare enough to act and react in positive ways.

This is a good post.  Reading it makes me to pause and ask myself if my life today is good and all that I have is enough?  It also brings about the realization on gratitude (to what I have).  While it is good to ask the questions (the way it was posted by TS) to bring about awareness and to improve on the quality of life, this thread should also be about self awareness, self reflection and acceptance. 

Should we want to think that there are better things in life and that we are not getting/having them, work within us first.  Look at the causation of what's inside us - the resistance, the defiance, the fear, the refusal, the struggle, the blocking, etc.

Let me, however, end here with Confucius' great philosphy: "Do not complain at our neighbour's backyard when there are tons of rubbish right infront of our own doorstep".

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Do you ever asked the world or God sometimes if why do others have better life? They have better career, better relationship, better partner and a partner that is really hot and take care of themselves (even though they are not), They can have a lot of riches even without too much effort like you, can travel the world, and can find true love and  can be with them for long years i saw this happened all to one person feels like he already have everything.

While you put a lot of effort to everyhting and still you end up so so. You try to choose a better path and you end up in something that is not what you prayed for. You look for a guy you can be with the rest of your life and he will end up someone that is not. Others got a beautiful love story and you have the a story that is not special.

I understand that happiness is a choice just cannot understand why others have better choice and dont need to feel the way we feel to be happy, why heaven gives us a choice that is not so beutiful like others, and they simply have the most of everything. If something is missing to their life it might be something that is just same with everybody else.

I just need some advice or insight to others on how you deal with this or do you feel the same. Im just hoping that there is no negative or angry comments in this thread as this is not meant to make a noise or war to anyone. This is just simply sharing thoughts and advice thanks. :)

Ask yourself this :

1. Are you suffering from some incurable disease?

2. Are you a handicap? Wheelchair bound?

3. Do you depends on the charity or others? Do you need to beg for survival?

If you are neither of the above, count yourself lucky.  that you just don't get all the breaks. Soldier on and it gets better.

Here are a post which I think would be helpful to you : A Guide To A Better Life

Every goes through up and downs to u ur friend may seem happy but he has his own problems. How u look at ur problems and how much U appreciate the beauties and goodness u have is important as well...instead of comparing urself live ur life to your fullest potential be it a poor man's life or a rich man's life.

I kbow of disabled ppl who are in the paraolympic and living their lives to the fullest nt just moping abt why they are nt as blessed as others.

we all wear masks to protect and deceive how many masks do you have with you today?

Guest Raiden Alpha

We all came into existence through a tunnel.

Different tunnel lead to different places.

Once we arrive at a place we do things to made the best out of our life to be happy and fulfil until it's time to leave and return back to dust.

If you come into a beautiful garden and do nothing or wreck it that garden cannot sustain you and you will still suffer in a beautiful place.

If you come into a dirty wasteland you can still clean it up and at least that place where you occupy can become better and bearable than compare to the rest of the wasteland when you first arrive.

三分努力,七分命。

一切都离不开一条命。

By whose standard(s) you measured that others have a better career, relationship, partner etc... If by your own, how do you know it is better?? You are not them....they might think you are better off...

IMO, I think you are frustrated that you are not moving up the social ladder fast enough or to your liking... Keeping up with the Joneses is a recipe for unhappiness 

Try not to compare your life and other people's lives. Be happy for them - even strangers. It will make your life more peaceful and happier. In the meantime, be grateful you have what some people don't have like the sight to see, the senses to feel, taste etc Sometime you can help to comfort your own mind and soul by just going for a walk and people watch. It helps to remind yourself you are far better than some people despite the problems/life issues you have. Besides, we don't know what people are going through. We can only assume and assumptions can be unhealthy at times. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Thank Lord

I know where you are coming from.  In times like this, look inward for peace instead of outward for dissappointment.  When I am down or in deep shit that never seems to go away from my life, I look to my family for closer bondage.  You need to believe that we are still a child, regardless of age, and know when to return home for rest.  Otherwise, look to God, if you believe, and let God lead the way instead of you finding your own ways. Have peace and stop being too hard on yourself. 

Guest Thank Lord

Do you ever asked the world or God sometimes if why do others have better life?  :)

Yes! I did ask God all the times when I am down. I was scolded by God for trying hard instead of letting him do the job.

Every one is fair. Given 24 hours a day , Rich, poor, old , young, sick or health...Its how u make use of it for betterment. Don't blame GOD.

Change your perspectives, and You can change your life.

Be Gracious to everything that you have, and that there someone out there who may be not as good as you. To your friends, people around you, families, teachers,....etc, this way you will live

happily and gracious. The more your expect, the more u will regret.

While waiting for others to reach out to you, why not reach out to others, the needy and all those around you, which will create a sense of

accomplishment at the end of the day.

I have a friend whose parents left him the whole estate of 200 over units condominium in the Singapore, drives a few cars of 1,000,000 $ car, lives in aristocracy lifestyle, which he do not need to lift a lift to work, yet at the end of the day, he is still not satisfied in life.

Happiness does not come with monetary measures or wealth.

""If you had $30 million but your health was such that you couldn't get out of the house to enjoy it, it would have little value. If you had the same amount of money and great health but no one to share it with, life would be quickly become empty and meaningless.

By the same token, if you were absolutely broke, but enjoyed healthy relationships and outstanding health, it would be impossible to experience and fully enjoy those things that money can buy, which would allow you to ...do for yourself and those you love, whatever you would like.

Before we can create a life of abundance, we have to understand that three key areas contribute to its development - money, health and relationships.

And when it comes to money, it's our thoughts and emotions that determine if we are financially secure or not. Our thoughts and emotions feed our beliefs and our beliefs are what drive our lives.

Many people believe that the occurrences that happen in their day to day lives happen because that is "Just the way life is".

What many fail to realize is that the reason these things happen as they do is because that is what they are attracting to themselves through their belief system.

Look at your own life. What self-limiting beliefs have you allowed to hold you back from accomplishing your most sought-after dreams and deepest desires?

What unfulfilled dreams are you hesitating to act on because the world says that it's impossible?

You don't have to be a genius, entrepreneur or celebrity to create whatever it is that you desire in your life.

You don't have to be someone else to achieve whatever you desire and enjoy more abundance in your life than you previously imagined.

You don't have to be anything other than yourself.

All that is necessary to attract all the abundance you could ever hope for, is for you to shed the self-limiting beliefs that you have allowed to be stored as your truth.

All that is required is that you develop an awareness of the overflowing abundance and unlimited potential given to you.

You have the power to choose" Quoted :

This way of gratitude and appreciation, you will live a happier life.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Slice-of-Life/235115819838445

Yes and no.

But life is indeed tougher for some.

If your friend was a poor men I think he would have committed suicide by now.

My friend's sister just died of cancer living behine 2 disabled sons.so TS go fuck yourself(sorry i am almost never tis rude but ts deserves it)

What has this got to do with the TS? You should ask your PAP to go help those 2 disabled sons instead, right? Maybe TS started this thread exactly because he feels sorry for those 2 sons? You should be the one to go fuck yourself. Regardless if you were always this rude or not, you are always toxic.

Actually indeed, he was at the verge of that suicide.

At that point when he had everything he wanted to kill himself?

I have nothing to say..

Sorry to say this..

But if he loses everything i think he will really kill himself 

sorry but ti don't lie.. 

Ask yourself this :

1. Are you suffering from some incurable disease?

2. Are you a handicap? Wheelchair bound?

3. Do you depends on the charity or others? Do you need to beg for survival?

If you are neither of the above, count yourself lucky.  that you just don't get all the breaks. Soldier on and it gets better.

Here are a post which I think would be helpful to you : A Guide To A Better Life

These are bad but there are some other things which are not so bad but can wreck a person's life...

MagicPocket,

I feel you.  I look back at my own life and feel an ocean of regret, but there's really nothing one could do about the past.  

We started with certain pre-conditions in our life circumstances, and along the way we made choices (some wise, most foolish from hindsight)  

that brought us eventually to where we are.  Life could be better,  but then again, it could have been a lot worse.  I guess it helps to alleviate the

pain a little  if we can learn to be grateful and celebrate the fact that we still are alive; that we have it better than many who

were not given the opportunity to make another choice in life.

I fight a lot with procrastination.  I simply allow myself to be paralyzed with depression, self-pity and sheer laziness.  Hope I can somehow rise above this.

Life will most definitely end; it's a law of nature that is so real and yet feels so distant.  

I wish you all the best in the journey ahead.

Guest Raiden Alpha

Actually indeed, he was at the verge of that suicide.

Your friend got hundreds of condo units as inheritance and he is still so miserable?

Ask him to liquidate everything and move out of Singapore. That way he can break away from the human network and game rules that bind him to this place and his money should be enough for him to live well for the rest of his life in a new environment.

Your friend got hundreds of condo units as inheritance and he is still so miserable?

Ask him to liquidate everything and move out of Singapore. That way he can break away from the human network and game rules that bind him to this place and his money should be enough for him to live well for the rest of his life in a new environment.

His friend is hopeless i should say...

Yes money cannot buy happiness but without money one will never be happy..

Why are we working so hard?  Is it to keep up with the Jones (local context, the Tans?) 

I have so-called reached my 'expiry date" in life.

Guys like me have less wants in life - the basic needs are still there but I really don't care much for branded stuff now!

I am trying to enjoy the simpler things in life - wake up to savour the morning sunshine with kaya toast and coffee.  

Glad that I am still alive and ready for the day's challenges ahead.   

Just be contended with life and always be positive-thinking.

Like I tell my students, like it or not, we got to go through the topics/lessons/worksheets and homework.

Why don't we be happy and enjoy the learning journey.  

When I look at your post, I see something similar in me.

Yeah, people around me seem to be happier with

more possession, nice boyfriend, glorious career and fun time travelling around the world.

Then, I felt so miserable and devastated about my life. It seems like my thoughts are exactly

the reality, though I have never examined their validity.

At some point, I started asking myself what good it does by having all these thoughts.

Even if they are true, do I feel happier or more miserable by harboring them? If our very first intention

of looking for greater wealth, power and ideal romance is to seek happiness, why

do I make myself even more depressed at this very moment? 

So often, I forget that by having the life of the people whom I get jealous of, I need to be

ready to face the down side of it. If I look closer, being rich also means that more people

would be hanging around you, always ready to share your possession despite looking

very honest. What is a good relationship? Is that a relationship 

without argument? Does such perfectly harmonious couple really exist?

Looking back at my life, it is not that bad after all. With more time being alone, I can

do things I like and have less people to please. While I still keep my heart open to 

healthy relationship, it is not necessary to feel that I have a problem in me that

I must force myself to overcome if I don't have one. It would be good if I can travel more overseas,

but even if I don't get to, I can still visit the reservoirs or botanic garden once

in a while to enjoy the beauty of our region. 

It is very easy to fall back into our habitual negative thinking pattern, but we have the

inner strength to turn it back to the positive side. 

• 4 weeks later...

Remember how Frank Sinatra's song, My Way?

Regrets I have a few, too few to mention..lah!

Focus our energy on positive things ... just like me.  

I am without a man-in-my-life at the moment but this "free time" allows me to travel without plans and reservations.

I have some days off...and I can go for a short break at Thailand, China etc.

I don't have to devote my attention on the better half.

I take it as my Sabbatical .. like you guys take your break from work and family during ICT, right?

So once again, if you are so drained by negative thoughts, join a volunteer-group..do something good for your soul.

Life is fair for it is unfair to everyone.

We all have 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, xx days in a month, 12 months in a year. But we do not all have the same years in a lifetime.

God has decided 2 things for you - the start and the end of your life. What's between is entirely up to you, and only you. For the better or worse.

Remember how Frank Sinatra's song, My Way?

Regrets I have a few, too few to mention..lah!

Frank Sinatra? The guy who made his life better through his liaisons with the Mafia? oh yes... "His Way" indeed....

We all have 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, xx days in a month, 12 months in a year. But we do not all have the same years in a lifetime.

God has decided 2 things for you - the start and the end of your life. What's between is entirely up to you, and only you. For the better or worse.

Then why do some people begins at the starting line with a jetpack on their backs, while some without even a sandal on? How can what is in between to be entirely up to one in that case?

For myself, I am never born into a privilege life, so I have to take many more steps up the ladder than many others do. And each step has always been an entire struggle for me, with many people at the top doing their best to keep the people at the bottom down, and few trying to help you up. And the current socioeconomic factors and government policies here in Singapore are not making life for the working class or middle class any easier for us.

The only thing I can do (and am still doing) is to bite the bullet and continue my fight upwards, clearing the hurdles along the way, remembering who helped me up so that I can help them up one day too, and also remembering who kicked me down so that I can kick them down one day too. Karma can be such a sweet thing, but it can be such a bitch too. And I help to execute Karma.

Regardless what you carry at the starting line, be it a jetpack or not, you just have to make do with what you have and keep moving. Some people has a large part of their journey covered with privileged help starting all the way at the beginning, many don't. But there's no point wondering why some people are more privileged than you are, because you might be better off using those brain cells to think how you can build your own jetpack along the way to make your own journey easier. Just remember to return kindness with kindness, and vengeance with vengeance.

Some will give up in the middle of the journey, saying that they have enjoyed the journey so far and they are therefore stopping. Some say it in earnesty, while others say it as an excuse for giving up. And the rest, continue on.

That's life.

Then why do some people begins at the starting line with a jetpack on their backs, while some without even a sandal on? How can what is in between to be entirely up to one in that case?

For myself, I am never born into a privilege life, so I have to take many more steps up the ladder than many others do. And each step has always been an entire struggle for me, with many people at the top doing their best to keep the people at the bottom down, and few trying to help you up. And the current socioeconomic factors and government policies here in Singapore are not making life for the working class or middle class any easier for us.

The only thing I can do (and am still doing) is to bite the bullet and continue my fight upwards, clearing the hurdles along the way, remembering who helped me up so that I can help them up one day too, and also remembering who kicked me down so that I can kick them down one day too. Karma can be such a sweet thing, but it can be such a bitch too. And I help to execute Karma.

Regardless what you carry at the starting line, be it a jetpack or not, you just have to make do with what you have and keep moving. Some people has a large part of their journey covered with privileged help starting all the way at the beginning, many don't. But there's no point wondering why some people are more privileged than you are, because you might be better off using those brain cells to think how you can build your own jetpack along the way to make your own journey easier. Just remember to return kindness with kindness, and vengeance with vengeance.

Some will give up in the middle of the journey, saying that they have enjoyed the journey so far and they are therefore stopping. Some say it in earnesty, while others say it as an excuse for giving up. And the rest, continue on.

That's life.

You're not getting the drift. I never said God is fair. The start is the beginning. And what you have at the beginning differs, which is true. And so is what you make of it. Hence.

All your wall of text did was to back what I've already said.

Edited by Glyph

You're not getting the drift. I never said God is fair. The start is the beginning. And what you have at the beginning differs, which is true. And so is what you make of it. Hence.

All your wall of text did was to back what I've already said.

Ginnah only know how to argue and argue. Are you sure what I wrote was back to what you already said? Compare....

Life is fair for it is unfair to everyone.

and

Regardless what you carry at the starting line, be it a jetpack or not, you just have to make do with what you have and keep moving. Some people has a large part of their journey covered with privileged help starting all the way at the beginning, many don't.

We only agreed that some has a privileged starting point, that's all. We did not agree that the entire journey was on us alone.

With all due respect, you don't know me. Name-calling serves no purpose here, even if you are indubitably a senior. Get off your high horse.

What I've said in my initial post does not dictate the individualism perspective. Group dynamics is still important - I agree that much. We are, after all, social beings. I was talking about choices. All the decisions are yours, and only yours to make. "For the better or worse."

Some people has a large part of their journey covered with privileged help starting all the way at the beginning, many don't.

So if you know you're in trouble and in need of help, get help. Whether privileged or not.

PS: If you don't want a ginnah to "argue" with you, then don't quote their post as a start to your grandmother story.

Edited by Glyph

With all due respect, you don't know me. Name-calling serves no purpose here, even if you are indubitably a senior. Get off your high horse.

What I've said in my initial post does not dictate the individualism perspective. Group dynamics is still important - I agree that much. We are, after all, social beings. I was talking about choices. All the decisions are yours, and only yours to make. "For the better or worse."

So if you know you're in trouble and in need of help, get help. Whether privileged or not.

PS: If you don't want a ginnah to "argue" with you, then don't quote their post as a start to your grandmother story.

Oh..... so we are talking about different things now. So what I wrote in my "wall of post" was NOT back to what you already said? So you were talking about "CHOICES" now? Good. At least prata-ginnah know how to flip side when the fire got hot. You don't want to read "grandmother's story", then DON'T READ. It is your "CHOICE". Nobody flipped to this page and glued your eyeball to your screen.

Oh..... so we are talking about different things now. So what I wrote in my "wall of post" was NOT back to what you already said? So you were talking about "CHOICES" now? Good. At least prata-ginnah know how to flip side when the fire got hot. You don't want to read "grandmother's story", then DON'T READ. It is your "CHOICE". Nobody flipped to this page and glued your eyeball to your screen.

I believe there is a difference between "to back something (up)" and "back to something".

And please queue up to place your order for prata.

PS: Exactly, my choice. ginnah pi don't need uncle to tell them what to do lah hor. Go home sleep, tomorrow wake up earlier and lim your kopi. gong an zueh lan jiao wey

Edited by Glyph

Thats an easy question to ask - but isnt it really pointless?

U can do absolutely nothing about those other guys. In any case, can u b sure they r as happy n as successful in their own minds as u think they r? Being jealous of them will only add to ur bad feelings. Jealousy is such an utterly insidious emotion. It eats away at ur mind, burrowing into it like an infected worm. If u r not careful, it will consume u n all ur thoughts. 

We r each of us in charge of our own lives n our own reality. Instead of looking at others, pls take a much closer look at ur own. Our own happiness n our own success is within our own grasp. We may not earn as much as that rich guy in his big mansion, but happiness shld not b measured by the richest, cutest, biggest labels. All our lives can b rich n hugely fulfilling - but that is up to each of us - not others!

I saw an average guy, nothing special even the character and he have a very hot bf, 10 years together and his bf is getting hotter and hotter while he dont need to put effort on himself,,, then my friend is good looking and cannot find a better one, only the below average hook up with him, or the rs can last a year only but he have the look, charisma, loving, sweet and kind heart. why? life is not fair  :(

why? life is not fair  :(

Of course life is not fair! Do u want to work in an unsafe garment factory living on $1 a day in Bangladesh? Do u want to go hungry n b without water for days at a time in parts of Africa? How about spending all ur life planting n harvesting rice in Laos hoping none of the unexploded bombs from the undeclared US war against that country blow off ur feet or arms? Per capita, Laos is the most bombed country in history. 30% of those bombs failed to explode n remain 'live' in the ground. A quarter of all Lao villages remain contaminated! Is that fair?

Fairness should not b an issue when discussing life. 

Frank Sinatra? The guy who made his life better through his liaisons with the Mafia? oh yes... "His Way" indeed....

Get your facts right lah..

FS sang it but it was Paul Anka who wrote it...

And your bloody inaccurate remark has nothing to do with this topic.

I am reiterating that we have the choices and we are the one who campaign for them.

So instead of lamenting over wasted chances, fight for new ones...

Learn a new skill ..pick up a new hobby.. live a frugal life...stay healthy..

• Guest locked this topic