Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Guest guest
49 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

If HDB room rental at $1200/month can hold, even very old flats in mature estate will not have low price unit for you to pick. Many retirees with simple lifestyle can easily live on $14,400 annual income and have no compelling reason to sell. The wait for prices to go back to pre-Covid may be a very long one.

This is the reason why old HDB flats still can sell at ridiculously price in current market.

Guest newbie

As your average gross monthly household income has exceeded the income ceiling, we regret that you are not eligible for the Enhanced CPF Housing Grant (EHG).

What does this mean?

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

If HDB room rental at $1200/month can hold, even very old flats in mature estate will not have low price unit for you to pick. Many retirees with simple lifestyle can easily live on $14,400 annual income and have no compelling reason to sell. The wait for prices to go back to pre-Covid may be a very long one.

11 hours ago, Guest guest said:

This is the reason why old HDB flats still can sell at ridiculously price in current market.

I think we haven't see really old flat in the market,  ok, most so called old flat would still have 45 - 50 years of lease,  buyer would think that is still enough to cover them for life. But what if today the lease left 20 - 30 years,  I don't think these old flat can fetch a high price anymore. Just like buying near expiry good in NTUC, the nearer the expiry date the more discount u got. 

If u buy a 45 year lease flat at 35, by 50 u will be left with only 30 year lease, do u think u can still sell with profit? And if u r unlucky enough to live past 80 years old, the 400+ thousand u paid goes into the drain. 

Guest guest
21 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I think we haven't see really old flat in the market,  ok, most so called old flat would still have 45 - 50 years of lease,  buyer would think that is still enough to cover them for life. But what if today the lease left 20 - 30 years,  I don't think these old flat can fetch a high price anymore. Just like buying near expiry good in NTUC, the nearer the expiry date the more discount u got. 

If u buy a 45 year lease flat at 35, by 50 u will be left with only 30 year lease, do u think u can still sell with profit? And if u r unlucky enough to live past 80 years old, the 400+ thousand u paid goes into the drain. 

I think there are many old flats in the market now already around 54 year old which left a 45 year lease. Even you buy a flat around 45 year old, and even after staying in the flat for 10 years, also reached 55 year old. 

You would be surprising those flat which left little lease like those terraces 3 room flat in certain area, now still can fetch $700k plus.

Guest guest
8 hours ago, Guest newbie said:

As your average gross monthly household income has exceeded the income ceiling, we regret that you are not eligible for the Enhanced CPF Housing Grant (EHG).

What does this mean?

Simply means you have exceeded the income ceiling lor.

Guest Jialuck liao
9 hours ago, Guest newbie said:

What does this mean?

Mean you suay lor, no priviledge to milk from getting a house and let's hope your income remain stable for as long as the economy allows. 

Guest newbie
4 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Simply means you have exceeded the income ceiling lor.

My sis and I are staying with my mum. We are the occupants.

She recently bought her own flat. If she changes her address to her new home, does that mean the average income will be reduced and I'll entitled the EHG?

Guest guest
8 minutes ago, Guest newbie said:

She recently bought her own flat. If she changes her address to her new home, does that mean the average income will be reduced and I'll entitled the EHG?

Might affect the total household income if reduce one person staying in that household. You go calculate and see if it works. But if even left one person and if that person earning power is high also might exceeded the income ceiling. Afterall still depends on each individual earning power.

Guest Applicants total Income
2 hours ago, Guest newbie said:

Actually, the average household income should be based on the total income of APPLICANTS.  If you and your mom apply and your mom is not working, your household income should be below the ceiling mark whether your sister is staying with you or not.   This should be the right way to measure household income.

Guest newbie

My ave income is definitely not more than 7k a month.

I saw the above remark in my HDB Flat Eligibility (HFE) Letter. I'm the applicant and there is no occupant as I'm planning to buy 2rms flexi BTO. I wonder where did that remark come from?

On 6/11/2023 at 1:46 AM, Guest newbie said:

What does this mean?

GROSS monthly (that includes the CPF), did it exceed the income ceiling for the GRANT? The ceiling for buying flat type and the ceiling for the GRANT is different. Not sure but 2 rm flexi grant won't be a lot unless you're low income, neither is it a lot if you're older and have more funds. Perhaps if you give actual figures, someone can help point out the obvious. It also takes into account more than 1 year of salary input in the latest HFE. HDB is very black and white - then you find the loopholes yourself within it.

Edited by keyboard

13 hours ago, Guest newbie said:

My ave income is definitely not more than 7k a month.

I saw the above remark in my HDB Flat Eligibility (HFE) Letter. I'm the applicant and there is no occupant as I'm planning to buy 2rms flexi BTO. I wonder where did that remark come from?

Enhanced CPF housing grant is meant for families only. Its not applicable for singles.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/understanding-your-eligibility-and-housing-loan-options/flat-and-grant-eligibility/couples-and-families/enhanced-cpf-housing-grant-families

Guest Big is better

If you consider buying 2-room BTO, please buy for staying because it has no investment value.   If 3 room resale price plunge,  2 room became non valueable.  If 3 room HDB resale maintain good price,  2 room resale must be able to sustain the fall in price.   The value of HDB 2-room depends on the performance of 3-room HDB flat.    If you got money, buy 3-room,  because it is pretty safe and resistance in value. 

Guest guest

ppl always say must homework to check if buy resale flat - a) got any loanshark prob; b) got any1 die inside not...

then how to check this 2 issues?

i know some may say go down to e plc to see got splash paint near or ard the unit, this at most check got loanshark prob not, then how to check got ppl die inside unit? i think newspaper at most only write blk no. and no unit no. inside e news, so where to check ppl die info? any kind expert here can help pls? thks.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:35 PM, keyboard said:

BTO 2nd Timer Mature Estates. Think started Feb 2022. Till now every $10 dont even get a queue.

I see, so you are applying with family. For single, only can apply for non-mature BTO. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

2 hours ago, Guest Big is better said:

If you consider buying 2-room BTO, please buy for staying because it has no investment value.   If 3 room resale price plunge,  2 room became non valueable.  If 3 room HDB resale maintain good price,  2 room resale must be able to sustain the fall in price.   The value of HDB 2-room depends on the performance of 3-room HDB flat.    If you got money, buy 3-room,  because it is pretty safe and resistance in value. 

Definitely.  You cannot rent it out, and it's hard to sell.  In fact, you can only sell back to HDB under the single 2-room flexi scheme.

3 hours ago, Guest Big is better said:

12 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Definitely.  You cannot rent it out, and it's hard to sell.  In fact, you can only sell back to HDB under the single 2-room flexi scheme.

2 room BTO can rent out if u have a valid reason like oversea posting and u can sell for a profit in the open market. But if is a 2 room flexi for senior,  then when u don't need it anymore, must return back to HDB. 

If not enough money, see if got single friend interested can buy under joint single scheme. 

33 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

ppl always say must homework to check if buy resale flat - a) got any loanshark prob; b) got any1 die inside not...

i know some may say go down to e plc to see got splash paint near or ard the unit, this at most check got loanshark prob not, then how to check got ppl die inside unit? i think newspaper at most only write blk no. and no unit no. inside e news, so where to check ppl die info? any kind expert here can help pls? thks.

* check what is their reason for selling,  if upgrading then probably safer as u will not think of upgrading when in debt. 

* check with next door neighbour provided they want to tell u. 

* natural death maybe not so much of an issue but is those kena murder, in this case u may just want to avoid the block since u don't know which unit. 

* if u believe in fengshui,  then get a master to check the place or some religious master to "cleanse" the house.

3 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

2 room BTO can rent out if u have a valid reason like oversea posting and u can sell for a profit in the open market. But if is a 2 room flexi for senior,  then when u don't need it anymore, must return back to HDB. 

If not enough money, see if got single friend interested can buy under joint single scheme. 

I guess overseas posting is the only valid reason for renting out. Some want to rent it out and then stay with children wnile others seized  health reason as an excuse to get rental income.

Guest The Vibe
41 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Aiya, no need to be so paranoia.  When you visit the flat, you will know the vibe.  Look at the surrounding environments too...lush greeneries are sign of good energy.  Windy or breezy is also good to enhance circulation and ventilation flow.   Look out for garbage or untidy surroundings, whether the building is well maintained.  Than as you walked around, see how your neighbours behaved, are they screamy, rude and territorial?  Are they very quiet and shy type.  Most importantly, good looking or not  and what is their religion...any crucifix cross on their door or taoist or Muslim....etc.   Than, asked to see the seller, young or elderly?  Single or married?  How big are their childrens.and who else is living with them, pets or elderly grandparents...etc    Once you enter the house, does it look cozy, tidy and organised and how does the place SMELL like any strange odour?   Feel the energy, feel whether you are connected to the place.  

As your walked through the house, let your mind decide what is the possibility of you decorating the house, any pointy corner or area you believed to be challenging to renovate if you decided to buy the house?  Ask for a 2nd visit if you are not decided, and bring a friend along to feel it for you. 

Once the above obstacles are cleared, the house is fated to be yours.

Guest guest
9 hours ago, LeanMature said:

I find many 2 rm flat selling in the market and there are takers. I don't think it is that hard to sell. Some of the 2 rm even sell at quite an expensive price.

9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Die or not, you can ask agent (they are obligated to tell the truth), but whether is it legally binding or how to prove in a court of law if it's false. that one never say (or read).

Guest guest
9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

People die inside with natural death difficult to know. For murder, the case must happen not longer than 20 years, then maybe still able to find the news thru google. If not might also be difficult to find. Unless the murder case is very major one. Like my parents house, it had happened one murder case in one of the floor in the blk back in the 80s, but now completely cannot find the news thru google at all. For suicide, this one also difficult to find out, because nowadays usually don't report on media.

So buying resale esp older HDB, it is really depending on luck. If scare, then better buy those resales below 10 year old. 

Guest guest
5 minutes ago, keyboard said:

Die or not, you can ask agent (they are obligated to tell the truth), but whether is it legally binding or how to prove in a court of law if it's false. that one never say (or read).

Agent can only tell you if the agent aware, if the agent does not know, also cannot blame the agent for not telling.

Guest guest
12 hours ago, Guest Big is better said:

Buying 3 rm might not be safe and resistance in value if you buy an old 3 rm flat. Lease decay would happen.

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

For 2 poor, old and wrinkled old men to jointly apply for a 2 room flexi BTO, 30 years lease, it should be renamed "Misery Loves Company" scheme.

Guest Empire strike back
10 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Buying 3 rm might not be safe and resistance in value if you buy an old 3 rm flat. Lease decay would happen.

Lease decay will also cause the Garment votes to decay with it.  You think so easy to punish the citizens without any solution for the decaying flat?  

I find many 2 rm flat selling in the market and there are takers. I don't think it is that hard to sell. Some of the 2 rm even sell at quite an expensive price.

Yes but the resale market for 2 rm flat is not huge, usually singles below 35.  Those who qualify to buy still prefer to go for BTO and they don't mind keep trying.

People die inside with natural death difficult to know. For murder, the case must happen not longer than 20 years, then maybe still able to find the news thru google. If not might also be difficult to find. Unless the murder case is very major one. Like my parents house, it had happened one murder case in one of the floor in the blk back in the 80s, but now completely cannot find the news thru google at all. For suicide, this one also difficult to find out, because nowadays usually don't report on media.

So buying resale esp older HDB, it is really depending on luck. If scare, then better buy those resales below 10 year old. 

That's the thing.  It's just like buying a car. More owners, more issues and more maintenance.  It could be electrical, plumbing, cracking or maybe a noisy neighbour staying above.

Guest guest
21 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

i manage to rent out my 2 room unit when i working overseas for 3y

my rental around 1200 to 1500

with the approval from HDB

Yours is special case. But does the 3 years rented period counted as part of your 5 years MOP?

Guest guest
12 hours ago, LeanMature said:

That's the thing.  It's just like buying a car. More owners, more issues and more maintenance.  It could be electrical, plumbing, cracking or maybe a noisy neighbour staying above.

Noisy neighbour staying above cannot be avoided. It is very difficult to find a neighbour staying above would not create noise. Unless you buy a top floor unit.

Guest guest
13 hours ago, Guest Empire strike back said:

Lease decay will also cause the Garment votes to decay with it.  You think so easy to punish the citizens without any solution for the decaying flat?  

So far it seems like there is no solution to the 99 years lease. I do not think garment would extend the 99 years lease. The only thing that they can do is thru VERS scheme for selected flats that are 70 years or older. Or they do some upgrading works to the old flats. But the fact of your lease decay is still happening.

Guest GUEST

May i know if i am going to tear down everything and renovate for a 3 room resale flat, how much roughly is the renovation cost in the market now?

Guest GUEST
7 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

all depend what u wan and what u expect 

few k to 50k possible

For simply type of reno but i plan to remove everything in the house completely. Redo electricity wiring and piping. I am thinking if the hacking cost costs a lot. Since resale 3 room the size of the house quite big esp for corner unit.

13 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Yes but the resale market for 2 rm flat is not huge, usually singles below 35.  Those who qualify to buy still prefer to go for BTO and they don't mind keep trying.

There're 8 HDB 2-room units from my block that have been sold just this year alone. Looks like there's a demand for these flats now despite resale price transacted ranges from $320K-$365K.

33 minutes ago, Guest GUEST said:

For simply type of reno but i plan to remove everything in the house completely. Redo electricity wiring and piping. I am thinking if the hacking cost costs a lot. Since resale 3 room the size of the house quite big esp for corner unit.

Why don't you check it out from renovation contractors first?

36 minutes ago, Guest GUEST said:

Btw, I did a complete makeover for my previous 3-room unit about 28 years ago for about $50K

7 hours ago, Guest HDB said:

There're 8 HDB 2-room units from my block that have been sold just this year alone. Looks like there's a demand for these flats now despite resale price transacted ranges from $320K-$365K.

A friend purchased a 2-room HDB resale for an amount in that range, good thing he got increased subsidy from the increased housing grant.

Was honestly a little surprised that the valuation of 2-room flats are now in that range man.

A licensed gay realtor

8 hours ago, sayfirst said:

A friend purchased a 2-room HDB resale for an amount in that range, good thing he got increased subsidy from the increased housing grant.

Was honestly a little surprised that the valuation of 2-room flats are now in that range man.

I am very surprised too that these small units are now fetching more than 2.5 times of the BTO price ($120K for units in the lowest floor).

11 hours ago, sayfirst said:

3 hours ago, Guest HDB said:

I am very surprised too that these small units are now fetching more than 2.5 times of the BTO price ($120K for units in the lowest floor).

Absolutely ridiculous price, not only small in size but also these flats are in non-mature estate which is far from everything. The most one should pay for this kind of flat should not exceed 250k.

Guest See who lor
22 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Noisy neighbour staying above cannot be avoided. It is very difficult to find a neighbour staying above would not create noise. Unless you buy a top floor unit.

My neighbour above is a single, staying alone. Very quiet.   Last year, a new neighbour shifted in next door, also a very quiet single young lady.  Overall quite peaceful except another next door neighbour, married, but the wife is a screamy queen always screaming at her hubby.  Woman hormone I guess.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.