Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Guest Sigh at lonely gloom
3 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Yes,  I want to sell u below market price, u want to buy? 

Yes of cos. I am planning to sell my current flat and buy resale. Please sell it at pre covid price. I mean it!

33 minutes ago, Guest HDB said:

Actually the procedure of selling & buying a HDB flat in the resale market is not difficult: https://www.hdb.gov.sg/residential/selling-a-flat

Nowadays, people are getting smarter and more & more prefer not to engage a property agent (partly also to save on the commission).

The process are not difficult as I mentioned before but the difficulty part will be finding a good deal,  somehow agent still have good lobangs, not all buyer/seller advertise online. 

12 hours ago, Guest guest said:

wa, find info from hdb site really difficult, no summary need go here n there, find until blur liao

anyway, pls correct me if wrong for the following where single above 35

1) if income ceiling > 7k, cannot buy new flat, can only buy resale

2) if income ceiling > 7k, cannot take cpf housing grant at all; and > 4.5k, cannot take enhanced cpf housing grant also

3) proximity housing grant = 10k (not stay w parents)

like that, really knn la

The monthly household-income ceiling for eligible first-time HDB flat buyers who are singles aged 35 and older will be raised from $6,000 to $7,000. Eligible singles may choose to buy new two-room flexi flats or resale flats (of up to 5-room) with the CPF Housing Grant for Singles on the open market.

That’s good news if you’re currently single and your next milestone is to get your own HDB flat. You can finally avoid the pointed questions from your parents. Or, you can get bumped up another rung on the #adulting ladder.

HDB will also raise the monthly household-income ceiling for first-time families getting their new or resale HDB flats from $12,000 to $14,000.

12 hours ago, Guest guest said:

wa, find info from hdb site really difficult, no summary need go here n there, find until blur liao

2) if income ceiling > 7k, cannot take cpf housing grant at all; and > 4.5k, cannot take enhanced cpf housing grant also

like that, really knn la

If u earn more than 7k

U cannot buy any hdb simple 

The monthly household-income ceiling for eligible first-time HDB flat buyers who are singles aged 35 and older will be raised from $6,000 to $7,000. Eligible singles may choose to buy new two-room flexi flats or resale flats (of up to 5-room) with the CPF Housing Grant for Singles on the open market.

That’s good news if you’re currently single and your next milestone is to get your own HDB flat. You can finally avoid the pointed questions from your parents. Or, you can get bumped up another rung on the #adulting ladder.

HDB will also raise the monthly household-income ceiling for first-time families getting their new or resale HDB flats from $12,000 to $14,000.

3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

The process are not difficult as I mentioned before but the difficulty part will be finding a good deal,  somehow agent still have good lobangs, not all buyer/seller advertise online. 

If buyer/seller decides not to use a property agent, he has to work on it (else, engage a property agent):

(1) As a seller, he has to decide at roughly what price to sell his HDB flat based on current market situation (use the "HDB Resale Prices" tool as a guide); do his own marketing (i.e. advertise sale of the unit as what most property agents usually do); and attend to viewing sessions & negotiate price if there's a potential buyer (like what I did 5 years ago even though I also had a property agent who could not find a better deal for me).

(2) As a buyer, he has to find out roughly the price of HDB flats in the location of his choice (use the same tool as a guide); actively look out for advertisements on sale of HDB resale flats (like what my new neighbour did recently); and go for viewing & negotiate price if interested.

Guest Nightmare

HDB is pricing flat at premium, to be on par with private condominium in the early 2000s.  It doesn't make sense because HDB is a public housing using public taxpayers monies, supposedly to do good for the general Singaporeans who need a basic roof to stay.  Furthermore, it is not true home ownership, HDB set rediculous rules that may competely acquire your entire house.  If you guys can afford to pay more than half a million dollars, please look for smaller private condominium to stay, with more freedom.

Guest guest
14 hours ago, Guest HDB said:

Actually the procedure of selling & buying a HDB flat in the resale market is not difficult: https://www.hdb.gov.sg/residential/selling-a-flat

Nowadays, people are getting smarter and more & more prefer not to engage a property agent (partly also to save on the commission).

Maybe no need agent if buying. But selling if no engage agent, not easy. Due to you cannot post you listing in some of the property website because only registered property agent can post, also you need to have lots of time to entertain people contact you for house viewing etc. If you are working, it may take out lots of your time, unless you are not working maybe still possible. Also you need to be very familiar with the selling procedure and HDB ruling.

Guest guest
11 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

If i buy my first HDB in the resale market, can i still eligible to buy a new 2 rm BTO for my 2nd HDB? Or if i have bought 2 resale HDB, can i still able to buy a new 2rm BTO or buy the flexi new 2 rm BTO when i reached 55 year old? 

Guest guest
14 hours ago, Guest Sigh at lonely gloom said:

Yes of cos. I am planning to sell my current flat and buy resale. Please sell it at pre covid price. I mean it!

I believe it would never go back to the pre covid resale HDB price. Even the price might drop but also drop a bit only. So no matter you buy now or buy 1-2 years later, the price would never go back to the pre covid price.

Guest guest
11 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

What wrong for selling high?

As long as buyer no be stupid to agree 

What can seller do

You would be surprised even seller sell high and you are not stupid to agree, and yet there is plenty other people who are willing to pay for the high price. In the resale market you can see many units asking price is crazy high, but the unit is able to sell off eventually not far from the asking price.

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest Nightmare said:

HDB is pricing flat at premium, to be on par with private condominium in the early 2000s.  It doesn't make sense because HDB is a public housing using public taxpayers monies, supposedly to do good for the general Singaporeans who need a basic roof to stay.  Furthermore, it is not true home ownership, HDB set rediculous rules that may competely acquire your entire house.  If you guys can afford to pay more than half a million dollars, please look for smaller private condominium to stay, with more freedom.

Even condo also can consider not true ownership, since many condo nowadays lease also same like HDB 99 years. 

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

If i buy my first HDB in the resale market, can i still eligible to buy a new 2 rm BTO for my 2nd HDB? Or if i have bought 2 resale HDB, can i still able to buy a new 2rm BTO or buy the flexi new 2 rm BTO when i reached 55 year old? 

I only know we got 2 chance of bto only

57 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

You would be surprised even seller sell high and you are not stupid to agree, and yet there is plenty other people who are willing to pay for the high price. In the resale market you can see many units asking price is crazy high, but the unit is able to sell off eventually not far from the asking price.

Open market 

Guest guest
4 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

I only know we got 2 chance of bto only

Means no matter how many resale HDB i buy before, i still able to buy a brand new 2 rm BTO if i want.

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Means no matter how many resale HDB i buy before, i still able to buy a brand new 2 rm BTO if i want.

According to MND, HDB received around 790 appeals to purchase a third subsidised flat over the past five years. Of this, around 170 have been approved.

Under current regulations, all eligible Singaporeans can acquire two subsidised Build-to-Order (BTO) flats from the Housing and Development Board (HDB), with a resale levy paid for the second acquisition.

However, seniors aged 55 and above are allowed to purchase a third flat from HDB, but is limited only to a two-room Flexi flat on a short lease, said the Ministry of National Development (MND) in a written answer to Parliament on Monday (6 May).

“We are unable to extend housing subsidies for non-elderly households to buy a third new flat, as this would not be fiscally sustainable,” the ministry said in response to MP Gan Thiam Poh’s questions on appeals for BTO units from applicants who have already bought two BTO flats.

“However, HDB does receive such appeals and will consider each one on a case-by-case basis,” the ministry said, adding it has received around 790 appeals to purchase a third subsidised flat over the past five years. Of this, around 170 have been approved, due to exceptional circumstances.

“In particular, if an appellant and his/her spouse are buying a subsidised flat together, and the spouse is a first-timer, HDB may consider making an exception on account of the fact that the spouse has not yet taken up any housing subsidy.”

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I believe it would never go back to the pre covid resale HDB price. Even the price might drop but also drop a bit only. So no matter you buy now or buy 1-2 years later, the price would never go back to the pre covid price.

Never say never. All it take is one big external shock follow by big job losses here and you will see a lot of fire sale. If you live long enough, you will witness many  boom and bust cycle in one's lifetime. Open your eyes and be prepared.

On 6/16/2023 at 11:34 PM, Guest guest said:

like that, really knn la

1) Yes that’s right. 

2) Correct. 

3) Ya. 

Are you ineligible for the CPF housing grants due to salary? 

To be sure of your eligibility to buy, receive grants or obtain loan, you can do a preliminary HFE check on HDB Flat Portal website. 

A licensed gay realtor

10 hours ago, Guest guest said:

9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Provided u have not taken any subsidies for your resale flat, if u had then u r not eligible to buy the 99 years lease BTO but can buy 40 year lease upon reaching 55.

8 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Provided u have not taken any subsidies for your resale flat, if u had then u r not eligible to buy the 99 years lease BTO but can buy 40 year lease upon reaching 55.

👍

10 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Not true,  if u look at past transaction price, whatever goes up must come down and whatever comes down will go up further.

A 3 room maybe selling 300k pre covid and now 360k but if the price can go down to 310k, that is a 50k difference. 

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Never say never. All it take is one big external shock follow by big job losses here and you will see a lot of fire sale. If you live long enough, you will witness many  boom and bust cycle in one's lifetime. Open your eyes and be prepared.

Absolutely, almost every economy expert expect a recession in 2023, so in this way "hope" for the worst and prepare for the worst. End of 2023 should be able to shed some light on the HDB price trend,  if it started to drop, then very good chance that it will drop further in 2024.

Guest guest
32 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I see. Since i have taken subsidies for my resale flat, no wonder i saw that my HFE stated i am not eligible to buy a new BTO, that's why i wonder why. So it means if i want to buy another HDB before age of 55, i have to buy another resale flat again. Looks like i can only wait until i reach 55 then buy a short lease flexi BTO.

Guest guest
24 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not true,  if u look at past transaction price, whatever goes up must come down and whatever comes down will go up further.

A 3 room maybe selling 300k pre covid and now 360k but if the price can go down to 310k, that is a 50k difference. 

Absolutely, almost every economy expert expect a recession in 2023, so in this way "hope" for the worst and prepare for the worst. End of 2023 should be able to shed some light on the HDB price trend,  if it started to drop, then very good chance that it will drop further in 2024.

HDB resale price drop is only good for buyer, no good for seller. Esp for those who want to sell and buy. Unless you do not have any house currently, like still staying with parents, then can wait for the price to drop and buy. If you have a house now and want to buy another one, now is consider a good time to sell, since your flat can fetch more. But only downside is you need to buy high. But many times, difficult to have best of both worlds.

Guest guest
4 hours ago, sayfirst said:

1) Yes that’s right. 

2) Correct. 

3) Ya. 

Are you ineligible for the CPF housing grants due to salary? 

To be sure of your eligibility to buy, receive grants or obtain loan, you can do a preliminary HFE check on HDB Flat Portal website. 

thank u so much for confirm my findings, ya lo, i cannot take both cpf housing grants at all in pt 2, and yes, due to salary. *sian*

some more resale prices, even for 3room flats, now crazily high. those criteria really is pro-family only, not for singles with medium earning power...

Guest guest
9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

thank u so much for confirm my findings, ya lo, i cannot take both cpf housing grants at all in pt 2, and yes, due to salary. *sian*

some more resale prices, even for 3room flats, now crazily high. those criteria really is pro-family only, not for singles with medium earning power...

If you find 3 rm flat resale price is now crazily high, some people say next few years price might be even higher or maintain the same. So you might never able to buy anymore if you are waiting for the price to go down to pre covid level.

If you guys are not fussy, and truly wanting a cheaper flat to live in, instead of investment,  I am sure HDB has unpopular units, under balance stocks to choose from.  Should be cheaper?  Alternatively, lookout for the worse locations with the lowest unit and smallest floor layout and you don't need to service it with substantial mortgage and can easily pay them in full with grants?  Such units can easily get you in within one ballot. 

8 hours ago, Guest guest said:

If you find 3 rm flat resale price is now crazily high, some people say next few years price might be even higher or maintain the same. So you might never able to buy anymore if you are waiting for the price to go down to pre covid level.

That’s true. At the end of the day, it depends on how ready someone is willing to buy property. 

People have bought (and are continuing to buy) because they see the value in doing so. 

A licensed gay realtor

Guest guest
21 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

If you guys are not fussy, and truly wanting a cheaper flat to live in, instead of investment,  I am sure HDB has unpopular units, under balance stocks to choose from.  Should be cheaper?  Alternatively, lookout for the worse locations with the lowest unit and smallest floor layout and you don't need to service it with substantial mortgage and can easily pay them in full with grants?  Such units can easily get you in within one ballot. 

Got such unit? Even have, i believe there are many people balloting for it also. As many people also do not mind buying such units.

Guest guest
5 minutes ago, appboy said:

Anyone applying for CCK and Tengah BTO?

CCK location seems far.

All the good sectors of Tengah are already over. Feeling sad

https://homes.hdb.gov.sg/home/bto/details/2023-05_UPB_Q0NLX04xQzE5LUMyMF8xNjg0ODI3ODA0NjI4
https://homes.hdb.gov.sg/home/bto/details/2023-05_UPB_VEdfRDFDNUEtQzVCXzE2ODUwNzk5ODUwMDM

I find Tengah more ulu than CCK. As Tengah is near to the expressway and seems to be at far end of Tengah. For cck at least seems like not far from Junction 10 and Bt Panjang LRT station and it is located along Woodlands Rd which is much more convenient than Tengah.

Guest guest
13 hours ago, sayfirst said:

That’s true. At the end of the day, it depends on how ready someone is willing to buy property. 

People have bought (and are continuing to buy) because they see the value in doing so. 

Like people always say, property price would go up instead of coming down. You compared 2021 and 2023 resale pricing, it went up quite a bit, even though barely only 2 yrs ago.

11 minutes ago, Guest newbie said:

Are singles below 55 eligible for Sales o f Balance Flats? If yes, can we buy 2 room flexi in matured estates?

(b) Buying a short-lease 2-room Flexi flat All applicants must be at least 55 years old at the time of application. For flats in non-mature estates, applicants are eligible to buy a 99-year or a short- lease 2-room Flexi flats. For flats mature estates, applicants are eligible for short- lease 2-room Flexi flats only.

13 minutes ago, Guest newbie said:

Are singles below 55 eligible for Sales o f Balance Flats? If yes, can we buy 2 room flexi in matured estates?

Application Schemes You will need to qualify for any one of these current HDB eligibility schemes:
1. Public Scheme

2. Fiance/Fiancee Scheme
3. Orphans Scheme

13 minutes ago, Guest newbie said:

In the case of first-time single applicants purchasing an HDB SBF flat, the following criteria must be met:

1. The applicant must be a Singapore citizen
  2. If the applicant is unmarried or divorced, they must be at least 35 years old. If the applicant is widowed or an orphan, they must be 21 years old or above
  3. The applicant must satisfy the EIP and SPR quota specific to the area where the flat is located. This criterion is more likely to impact the choice of flat location
  4. The monthly household income of the applicants should not exceed $7,000.

Guest Guest

Remember HDB prices will only go up or maintain.  Even if it corrects, it will be minimal.  If you are buying HDB, the best time to buy is now.  Govt will support the prices no matter what and it is pretty clear from all the parliament debates and how they go all the way defend the 'affordability' of HDB.  Going forward, 2 room will be more popular because of the quantum.  It is like flats get smaller and smaller so that the prices are lower.  

For resale flats, you can give up any chances of appreciation unless another moon event comes along.  The first owner will extract everything out of it.  Part and parcel of staying in Singapore is to have fun staying poor.  

18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Remember HDB prices will only go up or maintain.  Even if it corrects, it will be minimal.  If you are buying HDB, the best time to buy is now.  

Not so true,  u may want to google the last 20 years resale price to get a clearer picture. Now is definitely not the best time to buy, if someone tell u so,  he must be a agent.

Guest guest
19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Remember HDB prices will only go up or maintain.  Even if it corrects, it will be minimal.  If you are buying HDB, the best time to buy is now.  Govt will support the prices no matter what and it is pretty clear from all the parliament debates and how they go all the way defend the 'affordability' of HDB.  Going forward, 2 room will be more popular because of the quantum.  It is like flats get smaller and smaller so that the prices are lower.  

For resale flats, you can give up any chances of appreciation unless another moon event comes along.  The first owner will extract everything out of it.  Part and parcel of staying in Singapore is to have fun staying poor.  

Agreed, buying new BTO is the way to profit when sell even it is a 2 rm. Too bad i am not able to get a queue number and give up to get a BTO. Buying resale really lose money, unless you plan to stay there until die.

Guest guest
1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not so true,  u may want to google the last 20 years resale price to get a clearer picture. Now is definitely not the best time to buy, if someone tell u so,  he must be a agent.

Now is the best time to sell. But if now is not the best time to buy, then when will be the best time buy ?

57 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Now is the best time to sell. But if now is not the best time to buy, then when will be the best time buy ?

The picture is not clear yet,  wait till end 2023 or early 2024, good chance for price to drop but of course if another pandemic hit us and all BTO project have to stop,  then yes, we can see a 500k 3 room. 

Guest guest
41 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

The picture is not clear yet,  wait till end 2023 or early 2024, good chance for price to drop but of course if another pandemic hit us and all BTO project have to stop,  then yes, we can see a 500k 3 room. 

I see for the time being, should not have another pandemic hit us. If price to buy drop, then price to sell also drop. This is why if have other place to stay, better to sell now.

Anyway, even the price will drop end of this year or early next year, how much will it drop? Example, currently a newly MOP 3rm selling at high $400k. So how much it will drop?

Guest guest
15 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

Buying HDB thinking wan to earn profit is no way 

unless u sell HDB and migrant or sleep garden 

Many people profit a lot when they sell their HDB, even though they buy another. Like those who bought as firsthand HDB or buy their HDB 20 years ago. When they sell, they profit.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

I see for the time being, should not have another pandemic hit us. If price to buy drop, then price to sell also drop. This is why if have other place to stay, better to sell now.

Anyway, even the price will drop end of this year or early next year, how much will it drop? Example, currently a newly MOP 3rm selling at high $400k. So how much it will drop?

No one know but looking at the pre covid compare to current price,  the difference is at least 20%, meaning a 400k flat now is only about 320k before covid. The difference can be great and worth waiting but of course nothing is guaranteed. 

1. how much i paid for my RESALE 4 room flat @ REDHILL MRT?

$500,000.

2. how much H.D.B. give me for SINGLES HOUSING GRANT?

$20K + $20K + $20K.
    (T&C Apply.)

3. how much was my HDB Loan?

$30,000.

4. for a original condition flat, how much did my Renovation cost?

EXCLUDING Equipment/Appliances, around $60,000.

5. how long i was house-hunting?
    from 1-1-2019 to 6-6-2020.

found my current unit in 7-7-2020.

@ HDB HUB to sign papers with seller on 12-12-2020.

moved in after Reno, on 4-4-2021.

Renovations delayed coz of circuit breaker & covid.

6. https://www.srx.com.sg
    how much can i sell my 4room Flat?    $600,000

how much if i rent out?                     less than $3,000

Your property (PSF) $659.
    //

On 2/14/2006 at 9:10 PM, worldangel said:

Would forum members and guests like to comment on the latest HDB rules regarding flat ownership for those single and above 35years old? Could this flat ownership by male couple and not relatives? Anyone knows and advice us. Thanks

i benefitted from the SINGLES HOUSING GRANT.

F.Y.I.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.