Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Are all the rooms of new flats so small until you can't fit a kig size bed? 

We see your motive of wanting a king size bed.  Many choose to knock down the wall of their bedroom to create seamless space. 

i heard is that HDB lift cannot fit king size bed. not sure if true or not.

but new flats all after fitting a queen size bed, leaves only two human width (add the wardrobe, only left open door and stuck liao). This is already the case 20+ years back. Think the design got worst over the years only.

but new flats all after fitting a queen size bed, leaves only two human width (add the wardrobe, only left open door and stuck liao). This is already the case 20+ years back. Think the design got worst over the years only.

I thought it's only for condo. Do those new HDB that are 10 years or less old have this issue?

Guest Use your mind

Depend on the intelligence of the seller.  Most sellers I know assembled the bed inside the customer's house.  Same for some large size kitchen cabinets and huge wardrobes. 

i look look see see on google. looks like you need to check the dimension of your lift first, then before buying the bed, must ask how they can deliver (if the bed comes in box type or soft or hard (cannot bend) type).

If need to carry, expect charge $ per floor.

Honestly, the size itself like cannot fit in the lift mostly.

183 cm long and 190 cm wide

Take note that there's only a few positions you can place your bed (some just dont make sense), after that, not much space left.

How does HDB define high floor and will get more compensation when there is SERS or VERS

1-4, 5-8, 9+? higher floor higher valuation mah, $5-10000 more per floor depending on psf.

You are talking about master bedroom or normal room?

It's definitely going to be smaller, you see this, nowadays all no space to put table, due to the placement and shape of the door.

https://stackedhomes.com/editorial/the-evolution-of-hdb-floor-plans-over-the-years-for-better-or-worse/

hdb-floor-plan-evolution-1-2048x1165.jpg

Edited by keyboard

i look look see see on google. looks like you need to check the dimension of your lift first, then before buying the bed, must ask how they can deliver (if the bed comes in box type or soft or hard (cannot bend) type).

If need to carry, expect charge $ per floor.

Honestly, the size itself like cannot fit in the lift mostly.

183 cm long and 190 cm wide

Take note that there's only a few positions you can place your bed (some just dont make sense), after that, not much space left.

1-4, 5-8, 9+? higher floor higher valuation mah, $5-10000 more per floor depending on psf.

You are talking about master bedroom or normal room?

It's definitely going to be smaller, you see this, nowadays all no space to put table, due to the placement and shape of the door.

https://stackedhomes.com/editorial/the-evolution-of-hdb-floor-plans-over-the-years-for-better-or-worse/

hdb-floor-plan-evolution-1-2048x1165.jpg

The room size in those HDB built after 2010 is small, esp for 3 rm. Although the size of the flat is 67sqm, but the size in the bedroom is even smaller and tight than those old hdb which is 59sqm. If not due to the lease decay issue, i would rather buy an old hdb than a new hdb.

Guest sports39

For a single male staying alone, do you think if a single buy a $650,000 480 square feet 1 bedroom studio condo unit sounds more "prestigious/sounds better" or do you think a single buys a $550,000 5-room resale HDB flat at Woodlands sounds more "prestigious/sounds better"?? 

For a single male staying alone, do you think if a single buy a $650,000 480 square feet 1 bedroom studio condo unit sounds more "prestigious/sounds better" or do you think a single buys a $550,000 5-room resale HDB flat at Woodlands sounds more "prestigious/sounds better"?? 

Depends what u think is more value in money and whether you feel bigger is better or more atas but smaller and what u see yourself in 20 years in the same house. 

The room size in those HDB built after 2010 is small, esp for 3 rm. Although the size of the flat is 67sqm, but the size in the bedroom is even smaller and tight than those old hdb which is 59sqm. If not due to the lease decay issue, i would rather buy an old hdb than a new hdb.

If i'm not wrong, its the shape changed, old ones more square, new ones more long (which is just a waste of empty space since you put will block or don't make sense).

Plus the 2sqm for the aircon ledge that now comes as part of the psf.

The ones at bukit panjang had a long corridor to link the living room to all the rooms. Fucking waste of space.

For prestige, of course condo. It wouldn't happen for one of my project manager who was let go, you dont have to work any more mah, live in condo leh. I can't do the same if it's HDB. Who cares if it's a 1 bed micky mouse.

The funny one i found was the other colleague who rents a two bedder condo, but told to buy 1 bed, says how if family wants to stay over. i'm like, another bed in condo also cannot stay mah vs living room same right. Rent vs Buy. I'm too money minded.

I would say sentosa cove sounds more prestigious but then why need to sound prestigious? Staying in condo is actually very normal nowadays, not like in the 70s or 80s, people will give u the "wow" effect.

5 room good,  save money and can earn money by renting out 2 spare rooms. Eventually can rent out the whole unit and move to oversea,  that sound more prestigious. 

Do you know this Melvin Marc Loh, 52 ? This is a classic case of not prioritising buying HDB when you hit 35 in year 2006 when prices were super low.  By the time he gets his keys to his new Bedok BTO, he will be well over 60s. 

Cannot like that say him.  May be last time he no money, but now got money and want to buy to stay song song himself.

Do you know this Melvin Marc Loh, 52 ? This is a classic case of not prioritising buying HDB when you hit 35 in year 2006 when prices were super low.  By the time he gets his keys to his new Bedok BTO, he will be well over 60s. 

HDB policy changes for singles kindle hope in 52-year-old who wants ‘a home that I can call my own’

Wait, What? $1700 can afford Bedok at 52 years old? Loan ratio and number of years sure can't borrow a lot of money. Bank gao gao from?

Ghim Moh Natura (Queenstown) Nov 2022 $206,000 to $314,000 (2-room Flexi)

Kim Keat Ripples, Toa Payoh Ridge Feb 2020 $90,000 to $184,000 (2-room Flexi)

Kim Keat Heights May 2020 $162,000 to $263,000 (2-room Flexi)

Kempas Residences (Kallang/Whampoa) May 2019 $117,000 to $145,000 (2-room Flexi)

McNair Heights (Kallang/Whampoa) Feb 2021 $117,000 to $182,000 (2-room Flexi)

MacPherson Weave (Geylang) May 2021 $180,000 to $269,000 (2-room Flexi)

Kent Heights (Kallang/Whampoa) Nov 2021 $192,000 to $309,000 (2-room Flexi)

Dakota Crest (Geylang) Feb 2022 $205,000 to $315,000 (2-room Flexi)

Farrer Park Fields (Kallang/Whampoa) Feb 2023 $185,000 to $297,000 (2-room Flexi)

Bedok South Blossoms May 2023 $165,000 to $260,000 (2-room Flexi)

Tampines GreenSpring (Tampines) Nov 2019 $145,000 to $216,000 (2-room Flexi)

Costa Grove (Pasir Ris) Aug 2020 $137,000 to $198,000 (2-room Flexi)

Tampines GreenEmerald (Tampines) Nov 2020 $130,000 to $192,000 (2-room Flexi)

Tampines GreenQuartz (Tampines) Aug 2021 $142,000 to $196,000 (2-room Flexi)

Fernvale Vines (Sengkang) Feb 2019 $102,000 to $151,000 (2-room Flexi)

Punggol Point Cove, Punggol Point Crown (Punggol) Sep 2019 $109,000 to $173,000 (2-room Flexi)

Hougang Citrine (Hougang) Aug 2021 $108,000 to $156,000 (2-room Flexi)

Kovan Wellspring (Hougang) Aug 2021 $153,000 to $234,000 (2-room Flexi)

Yio Chu Kang Beacon (Ang Mo Kio) Nov 2019 $170,000 to $253,000 (2-room Flexi)

Bishan Towers (Bishan) Aug 2020 $176,000 to $277,000 (2-room Flexi)

Bishan Ridges (Bishan)    Nov 2020    $121,000 to $179,000 (2-room Flexi)

Central Weave @ Ang Mo Kio (Ang Mo Kio)    Aug 2022    $198,000 to $292,000 (2-room Flexi)

Boon Lay Glade,Jurong West Jewel    Feb 2019    $95,000 to $160,000 (2-room Flexi)

Toh Guan Grove (Jurong East)    Aug 2021    $121,000 to $189,000 (2-room Flexi)

Lakeside View (Jurong West)    May 2022    $107,000 to $180,000 (2-room Flexi)

Jurong East Breeze (Jurong East)    Aug 2022    $97,000 to $170,000 (2-room Flexi)

Wait, What? $1700 can afford Bedok at 52 years old? Loan ratio and number of years sure can't borrow a lot of money. Bank gao gao from?

I think he is planning to buy a 40 years lease at age 55. The price is about 70-80k, first time grant 40k, full payment and no loan can be granted for this type of flat.

HDB policy changes for singles kindle hope in 52-year-old who wants ‘a home that I can call my own’

Did i read wrongly that this 52 year old guy salary is $1,700?! How can a guy in his 50s earn such salary? What job he does? I think even people who do grabfood or drive PHV earns more than $1,700.

Did i read wrongly that this 52 year old guy salary is $1,700?! How can a guy in his 50s earn such salary? What job he does? I think even people who do grabfood or drive PHV earns more than $1,700.

Nope, there are still a lot of job under 2k, cashier, waiter,  cleaner, dishwasher etc. For his case, retail sales but u can see he do not have related experience and the fact that he is a young senior,  if he dont take the job,  there will be a queue of young malaysian waiting behind. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

'Mr Loh, who worked in Hong Kong for 20 years as a freelance fashion show director, returned to Singapore in 2017. He wants to spend more time with his 86-year-old mother, as his father died of cancer in 2018.'

Maybe he's just working part-time to take care of his mother.

Heard from agent in malaysia,  their reason is that they always default on the rental and utilities, some eventually just runaway.

In SG,  i would say is more of a personal preference, some would say is because they cook curry everyday,  some is the oil smell but i think mordern one should be ok. 

Not sure.  I know when my friend put up his house for rent,  Dozen of Indian couple queue up to view within a day.  May be they are competing among themselves due to the challenge of finding a willing tenant in the market. 

Yes, demand a lot,  supply little and it is also a open secret that they normally have to fork out more for the same flat. Could be due to the owner request or simply they want to outdo each other to secure the flat. 

grabfood and PHV you need a certain amount of stamina, not everyone can do the 6k a month thing with it.

Not just indians, there's other nationalities that are shunned, just the horror stories tend to come out there (due to the larger numbers here). Just wait till you experience their laptop got ants crawling out then you will understand. I seen got other nationality their condo toilet everywhere got stains one.

'Mr Loh, who worked in Hong Kong for 20 years as a freelance fashion show director, returned to Singapore in 2017. He wants to spend more time with his 86-year-old mother, as his father died of cancer in 2018.'

Maybe he's just working part-time to take care of his mother.

If part-time maybe still can understand why he only earns $1,700. But since he has been working in HK for 20 years, surely, he should save up a bit of money at this age?

Guest I wonder

Cost of living is so high in Singapore + recent inflation hitting the roof.  Can a person survive at $1700/month let alone buying a HDB?  Don't forget in another 4 months, GST will be 10% and who knows how much hawker food is going to cost.  

This Melvin Marc, 52, clearly does not aim high and lack direction in life. 

I believed he will apply once application opens for Bedok location (Standard not Plus) in H2 2024. If he gets a queue number on his first application, he will go through the whole process and get his keys to his 2Room Flexi (37 sqm not 47) on 35 years lease. By then he will be into his early 60s. Maybe we will get to read about him again in Straits Times 7 years later.

I also believed that if he fails on his first application, he will give up entirely and maintain status quo ie. continue staying in his sister's place until he is kicked out and have to rent a room with shared facilities. 

Don't forget in another 4 months, GST will be 10% and who knows how much hawker food is going to cost.  

Is 9% only,  dont anyhow increase thanks. 

This Melvin Marc, 52, clearly does not aim high and lack direction in life. 

I believed he will apply once application opens for Bedok location (Standard not Plus) in H2 2024. If he gets a queue number on his first application, he will go through the whole process and get his keys to his 2Room Flexi (37 sqm not 47) on 35 years lease. By then he will be into his early 60s. Maybe we will get to read about him again in Straits Times 7 years later.

2024 he will not be able to apply for a 35 years lease flat, please read up on HDB info...... and maybe u like to share with us how u aim high and your direction in life? 

Can I put a bed and sleep in the living room and rent out all the rooms to comply with HDB requirement? 

Not possible. 

I had to sign a document with H.D.B. on 12-12-2020 at HDB HUB upon collecting the keys to my 4 room flat>

"NOT ALLOWED TO RENT OUT PARTIALLY OR A WHOLE UNIT."

Guest Restricted

Not possible. 

I had to sign a document with H.D.B. on 12-12-2020 at HDB HUB upon collecting the keys to my 4 room flat>

"NOT ALLOWED TO RENT OUT PARTIALLY OR A WHOLE UNIT."

You need to wait until 12.12.2025 then can rent.  Q2 next year, those who collect keys for PLUS and PRIME estate will have to wait 10 years before they are allowed to rent their flat.   I foresee rental will be very high in such central district areas due to new rental restriction. 

You need to wait until 12.12.2025 then can rent.  Q2 next year, those who collect keys for PLUS and PRIME estate will have to wait 10 years before they are allowed to rent their flat.   I foresee rental will be very high in such central district areas due to new rental restriction. 

Thx for sharing🥰😍😘

TIL that a 3-room flat in Clementi sold for $690,000 lol

$690k for a 3 rm in clementi consider normal since clementi is a popular estate. You see even those 40 year old plus 3 rm in this estate also can sold for mid $400k plus.

TIL that a 3-room flat in Clementi sold for $690,000 lol

I believe these are DBBS flat and they are less than 10 yrs old. Flat with 90 years balance lease are fetching this kind of price in all mature area like bedok, queenstown etc.

Reason being there are not much land to built new flat in these mature area and most of the remaining flat are built in the 70s or early 80s. HDB have stop building 3 room flat in the 90s to early 2000s (most 3 room in market are either built before 1988 or after 2010)

So for people who want a relatively new flat, cant wait for bto or not qualified yet need to stay in mature area,  this are their only choice.

I believe these are DBBS flat and they are less than 10 yrs old. Flat with 90 years balance lease are fetching this kind of price in all mature area like bedok, queenstown etc.

Reason being there are not much land to built new flat in these mature area and most of the remaining flat are built in the 70s or early 80s. HDB have stop building 3 room flat in the 90s to early 2000s (most 3 room in market are either built before 1988 or after 2010)

So for people who want a relatively new flat, cant wait for bto or not qualified yet need to stay in mature area,  this are their only choice.

Means people can either buy very old resale 3 rm or very new resale 3 rm.

That 3 rm flat sold for $690k in clementi don't think is DBSS. There are some newly MOP HDB flat directly across the interchange, these flats are selling from mid $600k plus to as high as $700k plus and these flats are not DBSS.

The DBSS flats in clementi further away from the MRT, current selling price average around mid $500k to low $600k.

Got the HFE from HDB just yesterday after a few months. Weird that though my parents said they didn't take loan for the second HDB, under records they took - of course I can't know for sure since selling first one did have cash back - did write-in, got same result.

The maybank email said their AIP can be seen on HDB website - but can't find it.

This HFE like more trouble than helpful since most FI asked for a ton of documentation (which i didnt submit) before they can estimate a AIP. Some others are auto calculation + based on singpass data they give already which makes more sense since maybe 20% will actually get the ballot number to proceed anyway.

Got the HFE from HDB just yesterday after a few months. Weird that though my parents said they didn't take loan for the second HDB, under records they took - of course I can't know for sure since selling first one did have cash back - did write-in, got same result.

The maybank email said their AIP can be seen on HDB website - but can't find it.

This HFE like more trouble than helpful since most FI asked for a ton of documentation (which i didnt submit) before they can estimate a AIP. Some others are auto calculation + based on singpass data they give already which makes more sense since maybe 20% will actually get the ballot number to proceed anyway.

What is HFE, AIP, FI and what are you talking about here?

What is HFE, AIP, FI and what are you talking about here?

The hurdles HDB wants you to go through to assess how expensive the HDB you can get, new or resale. Last time was get the ballot first before you go to do the paperwork, now is get some paperwork done so you know which ones you cannot afford even though you are paying in full cash.

HFE - HDB Flat Eligbility (how much you can afford)

AIP - Home Loan Approval In Principle (In Principle how much a bank will loan you)

FI - Financial Institution (different loan interest rates - not just banks)

I also got my HFE and the loan amount and information i don't know should i believe it or not. Or it is really accurate. Cause the monthly installments calculated can be as high as above $1,500 which i doubts based on my salary i can afford to pay such amount. Unless i don't eat, don't have any other expenses, maybe still forcefully can pay. But in reality, cannot be lah.

I also got my HFE and the loan amount and information i don't know should i believe it or not. Or it is really accurate. Cause the monthly installments calculated can be as high as above $1,500 which i doubts based on my salary i can afford to pay such amount. Unless i don't eat, don't have any other expenses, maybe still forcefully can pay. But in reality, cannot be lah.

Believe it's calculated based off the mortgage servicing ratio (MSR) which of today is set at 30% of your gross monthly income. Also expecting you to pay from your CPF OA, so the cash outlay looks affordable. Though once you lose your job within the loan period, better pull the money from somewhere.

Loan amount restricted to loan-to-value limits of bank loans 75%, HDB loan 80%. the rest is cpf/cash (subjected some are purely cash payments). So was it too low, low is accurate - nowadays especially when you cannot get the max years of the loan, the amount is much lesser.

Guest Think hard

If recession comes and people start losing their jobs I wonder how many HDB mortgage default will rise accordingly.  Scary to think about such a high price people are paying  for basic living nowadays.  Bestbus to downgrade and get something more affordable. With new policies next year, HDB is no longer an ideal investments. 

Believe it's calculated based off the mortgage servicing ratio (MSR) which of today is set at 30% of your gross monthly income. Also expecting you to pay from your CPF OA, so the cash outlay looks affordable. Though once you lose your job within the loan period, better pull the money from somewhere.

Loan amount restricted to loan-to-value limits of bank loans 75%, HDB loan 80%. the rest is cpf/cash (subjected some are purely cash payments). So was it too low, low is accurate - nowadays especially when you cannot get the max years of the loan, the amount is much lesser.

Based on my cash outlay, i still need to fork out quite a lot of cash if i take up the max loan amount given even after paying with my cpf. So i still have doubts on my HFE. I don't dare to take up the max loan amount.

If recession comes and people start losing their jobs I wonder how many HDB mortgage default will rise accordingly.  Scary to think about such a high price people are paying  for basic living nowadays.  Bestbus to downgrade and get something more affordable. With new policies next year, HDB is no longer an ideal investments. 

Even with the new policies next year, HDB still the faster and easier way for investments. For good location, even with so many restriction etc next time, but the selling price still as high as what you see in the current market now. I do not think it will come down at all. If you no plans to sell the hdb, still use it as a long-term rental income when you rent out the whole unit. Quite many people got cash rich by renting out their hdb whole unit for many decades.

HDB defaults are not going to be a lot, neither is private. The rules put in place over the many years LTV/MSR will sustain your payments unless you are living paycheck to paycheck. With the abundance of demand currently, a recession will likely help clear the backlog by a bit - look at the number of applicants (usually in the 40x) for mature estate at minimum of 700k+ per unit.

Based on my cash outlay, i still need to fork out quite a lot of cash if i take up the max loan amount given even after paying with my cpf. So i still have doubts on my HFE. I don't dare to take up the max loan amount.

Don't doubt the HFE, that's accurate. It's just the environment we're in that's ridiculous for public housing.

https://forms.uob.com.sg/property/calculator/

At age 35, with 5k/mth x 13 = 25 yrs loan can only afford max property price of 272k, cash/cpf outlay of 74k. Mature estates all out of reach already unless your cash/cpf is thick.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.